Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Chance Meeting (Requesting Shashu)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji had spent the day getting his ass beat by some of the other ANBU operatives living in the Sileo. After his meeting with the Raikage following his return to Kumo after three years. He had come to find that all of his belongings, including his house, had been auctioned off because of his disappearance and assumed death out in the wilderness. This left him with very few options, he had some money saved up so he could have gotten a room at one of Kumo's many hotels, but Haji was a relatively simple man and only needed a room with a bed to sleep on, so he took advantage of the housing and meals offered to him as a member of the ANBU corps.

Haji was not out of practice when it came to fighting, in fact that is all he had been doing while he was trapped in the great flying whale, the monks were formidable sparring partners, even though they never held back and often nearly beat Haji to death each time he trained with them. It had left him hardy, scarred, and callused. However, fighting three expertly trained ANBU operatives was still going to leave some bruises, and after showering away some of the blood Haji had now left the showers to sit in his under garments and dab at the bruises with some medicine he had gotten from the infirmary within the Sileo. He let his four extra arms sit at his sides, exhausted from the pummeling he had given back to his opponents for the day, his top two dominant arms moving and applying the medicine as needed, he sucked in air through his teeth as he dabbed a particularly mean looking bruise that had struck him on his right inner thigh.

One of his arms reached up to massage the great scar on his right shoulder, a trophy he had recieved during his time with the whale monks when he underestimated their greatest warrior. He had punched a hole clear through Haji's shoulder nearly severing the arm. It still ached whenever he exerted himself too much. As he rubbed his scarred shoulder his opponents left the showers as well, two men who came out and tapped him on his good shoulder laughing, one of them with a very swollen right eye throwing him a half bloody grin. Haji laughed as well and then groaned in pain as he held another hand to his ribs. "I think you guys might have cracked a couple" he threw at them as they laughed even louder and gave him a wave before exiting the common area. The third opponent, a woman, exited the women's showers and gave him a pat and a wink as she left. Haji stared after her a thoughtful look on his face. He shook his head and got up, walking over to some of the sinks to splash water on his face. He reached into his bag and grabbed some shaving cream, applying it to some spots on his beard. He had gotten shaggy looking, and he had gotten a few tugs on his beard while he was fighting which let him know it was too long and now a liability. There were a few spots in his beard where the woman had ripped out a few patches. "Better even this up I suppose" Haji said to himself staring at his battered body in the mirror. He noticed a tear in his boxer briefs and frowned, reaching into his bag he pulled out a new pair to change into, he looked around and didn't see or hear anyone else, so he decided to quickly change into them in the common area.

[[Topic created and entered!]]
[MFT]
[WC 618]

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Shashu sighed contentedly as she brushed her waist-length hair, occasionally running her hands through to tease out a few tangles with her fingers. Nothing quite beat relaxing in a hot bath after a day's work, whether it be the rigors of running mission's for the village or, as had been the case lately, sifting through paperwork and handling personnel. It was to be expected, she supposed; after disappearing for what amounted to two years here in the village she could hardly fault her superiors for sidelining her until she'd been brought up to speed. It certainly didn't help that she'd had next to no social relations in the branch either...something she'd have to work on fixing this time around.

That said, she thought, it's not like I even know how to go about doing that. Seduce a mark? Got it. Gain the trust of an informant? Check. Infiltrate an organization from the ground up? Sure thing. Make a few friends? Dear Fayth no, please, anything but that.

Peeking over her shoulder at the other ANBU women wiping off the dust and sweat from training, Shashu noted that none of them seemed to have any difficulty socializing amongst themselves. In fact, not a single ANBU member of either sex had approached her for anything other than work-related issues since she'd came back. Considering she was currently living here due to her former landlord assuming she was dead, that was saying something. She could chalk some of that up to her odd skin colour and Hachiashi traits, but in an organization like the ANBU there were stranger things floating around.

"Like whoever keeps giving off the infuriating smell." She muttered to herself, mentally pushing aside her social concerns for the moment. "It's almost as distracting as Aiyo's." A memory of the aggressively direct fox woman flashed through her head, bringing a flush to her face before she brushed that aside too. There was a time and a place, and this certainly wasn't it. Finally finished with her hair, she wrapped a towel around her waist, pinned it with her lower arms, covered her chest with her middle two, and grabbed her basket of toiletries with her upper left on the way out of the baths. Heh. I might not have any friends, but at least I never have to worry about....carrying.....

She trailed off mid thought, finding herself staring at a man stripped naked in the common area. Not just any man either, she realized, blinking as her brain processed the situation. First, he was Hachiashi, like her, the only other one she'd ever come into contact with, and two... he was the source of that damn smell. It had been popping up over the last week, driving her to no end of distraction. She could tell already he was going to be a problem. Hyazo had been trouble enough to deal with, and she had only just recently settled things with Ayumu. Then there was Aiyo...at least he didn't seem to be as intoxicating as she was. This was doable.

Okay Shashu, focus! You're more than your instincts! Just because Kanka wants you to throw your panties at everyone who smells nice doesn't mean you have to! You're the boss, now take charge! ....and by the Fayth, stop staring at his-

"Well well," she smirked, jerking her eyes back up to the man's face. "For your sake, I do hope that isn't your idea of a romantic overture. I doubt you'd hook any fish with that bait and tackle."

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji was not one to be easily embarrassed, he was not embarrassed about his body like many tended to be, modesty was for shinobi who had not seen what he had, or done as he had. When he was living with the hale monks inside of Yureii, the great flying beast she was, they did not deal with qualms such as being naked or not naked, in fact some of them just walked about completely bare at all times.

However, Haji did a double take as he lazily gazed up to see who had entered so quietly into the room with him, at first not paying much heed to it, but then his eyes widened and his jaw nearly dropped: another Hachiashi, and a woman to boot. So much for all the things he had seen and experienced. He had never in his life met another Hachiashi, male or female, and to run into one so casually in the Sileo? She seemed a bit focused on something at first before meeting his gaze and giving him a smirk followed by her witty remark about his "bait and tackle". At first Haji was still stunned and at the mention of such things he couldn't help but feel a little blood start to flow, so he quickly pulled up his boxer briefs and his face returned to face hers with a smirk of his own. "I've never been one for fish anyways" his smirk growing into a wolfish grin. His own eyes wandered over her toweled figure, she was an impressive specimen, Haji had no other frame of reference to other Hachiashi women, but she was no doubt beautiful in respect to any woman he had met.

Ok Haji, quit giving her the run down you moron he urged himself to turn back towards the mirror, pulling a razor from his shave kit and a small container of shaving cream. "Y'know" Haji said as he went about applying the shaving cream to some uneven spots of his beard "You catch more flies with honey" he mentioned with a half snort at his own joke. His eyes went up to hers in the mirror "but you and I are no flies now are we?" his eyes were bright in the light of the mirror, he turned his eyes back to his task and began evening up his beard.

"The name is Haji, what's yours?" he spoke more cordially now, a light beat to the way he spoke now, his excitement about meeting someone like him was beginning to shine through even more. "Or is that classified?" he arched an eyebrow at her. Damn I'm smooth he thought incorrectly.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Heh. That got a reaction. Shashu noted, smirking just a bit harder as the man yanked his boxers up to cover a sudden influx of blood to his nether regions. She was well aware most men–and a goodly amount of women–found her attractive, but it was still satisfying to have it confirmed in such an obvious manner. Truth be told, he wasn't a bad specimen himself...he was muscled and lean in the way of one accustomed to using their body as a weapon, with scars and bruises to show for it. She couldn't help but compare him a bit to Ayumu; the two had similar physiques, but that's where the similarities ended. Ayumu preferred a more professional, well-groomed appearance while this one's rough beard and mustache conspired with hair that seemed to actively fight against staying tied back to give him a look that would be more at home on a homeless man than a shinobi. He almost reminded her of a stray dog she had fed back during the Academy. Normally I prefer the clean cut type, but...hmm...the wild look might not be half bad...

He returned her snark with a bit of his own and took the opportunity to look her over as well, sliding his eyes over what he could with a towel and her arms in the way. She was half tempted to drop the towel just to see what reaction that would pull from him, but decided against it. She might not care about nudity, but if she was ever going to follow through on making connections in the branch, she would rather not have to do it with a reputation as an exhibitionist. Or worse.

Apparently done with his inspection, the man turned away and began lathering up his beard. "Y'know, you catch more flies with honey," He said, snorting at his attempt at humor. His eyes rose to meet hers through the mirror, seeming to almost gleam in the reflective silver. "But you and I are no flies, now are we?"

Shashu went still as he returned his attention to his razor, fighting down the shiver that had just run through her. Those words resonated deep within her, stirring the primal instinct in her veins to wakefulness. It very much worried her that he could do that so easily, but at the same time...it was intriguing. That look in his eyes, that smell...did he have the same desire, the same instinct as she did? Kanka had told her she was a special case, but it wasn't impossible. The spider overlord had gone at length on the history of Shashu's line and birth, but had been deliberately vague on Hachiashi history and traits as a whole. If this one had even a sliver...

I was right. He is dangerous, but still...I have to know. I'll have to be careful. Very careful.

Her attention snapped back as he gave his name and asked for hers in turn, assuming it wasn't classified. "Classified?! Pfff-" With other thoughts on her mind, Haji's attempt at being suave caught her off guard for entirely the wrong reason. She covered her mouth and waved him off, laughing. "You ought to know good and well they haven't done that in decades! Just how clueless can you be?" Taking a moment to collect herself, she shook her head in amusement and leaned against one of the tiled pillars. "They did away with the whole 'utter secrecy' bit before I even joined. I've looked at some of the old records and codices, just for fun, and it seems there was a lot of conflict within the branch over forbidding romance and knowledge of each other's identities, so they stopped doing that. Did wonders for morale, I hear. Sure, it's not like you can go look up our names and whatnot without proper authorization, but it's far from secret within the branch."

"Oh, and it's Shashu, by the way." She added, still grinning slightly. Although unintentional, Haji had set her more at ease than she had started with that comment, which bode well. Perhaps she could ease up on the caution, just a little bit.

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji was beginning to wonder if his instincts as a Hachiashi were trying to overpower him. He had never had this kind of a problem before, but then again, he had never met another Hachiashi. Despite his smooth delivery he could feel his blood pumping and it was all that he could do to keep his face from getting flush. He silently thanked Raiden that he had a beard to cover most of his face at the time. When his joke fell flat Haji nearly clapped a hand to his face, he barked a laugh when she explained that names hadn't been classified in years. So much for his smooth delivery. Damn, thought I was on a roll he chuckled quietly while he finished up maintaining his beard. It looked a bit cleaner, but his messy hair distracted from the fact that he had groomed his face. He liked it that way though.

"Oh, and it's Shashu, by the way" the little grin she gave Haji after that almost made him drop his razor in the sink. He nearly shook his head to try and clear it, this woman was having the most peculiar effect on him, he never had this much trouble with women, and he honestly couldn't sort out if it was because she was beautiful and deceivingly clever, or because she gave him a feeling of familiarity that he had not felt in his entire life. IT might have been a combination of the two, but either way, it scared the shit out of him. Feeling a bit disarmed, which was difficult for a Hachiashi to feel most times, Haji put away his shaving kit into his bag and continued on the thread he had started.

"Shashu... has an interesting rhythm to it. So, Shashu , what brings you to the Sileo? I'm not surprised we haven't run into each other before, I haven't exactly been around much lately" Haji slid on his pants and turned to her as he buttoned them around his waist. "To be quite honest, I was gone so long they sold all of my belongings, the Sileo and the stuff I had with me are all I have left" he spoke with reverence as he pulled out the tunic that the Whale Monks had given him, it was tattered and repaired in many places, but it still looked and felt like something out of a folk tale to Haji. It was like his whole three years he had been missing was mapped out on this worn piece of clothing. He folded it neatly and placed it back into his bag before pulling a grey under shirt over his head.

Haji nearly snapped to attention, he had been so caught off guard by her presence he had nearly missed something. "Wait, you're not a captain are you? I'd hate to be stepping over a line here" Haji said with a half grin his eyes once again meeting hers, a playfulness had entered his storm grey eyes. "I'd hate to get punished for being too cavalier with a superior officer" he rolled his deeply scared shoulder, it popped a few times and he gave a grunt. He was walking straight into dangerous territory, but hell, he had always been reckless in the face of danger, and it helped that it was as beautiful as her.

[mft]
[wc 561]

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji was rather clearly having similar difficulties dealing with her presence as she was with his, much to Shashu's amusement. Whether that was born of blood or what his blood was rushing to was unclear, but at this point it didn't matter. It put them on somewhat equal footing, which was a relief. She'd had enough of being on her back-foot with Hyazo and Aiyo. She was almost disappointed when he finished getting dressed and continued on talking. At least he looked good in a tunic. Stop that. Also, mental note: make the man some better clothes.

"That's a good question, actually," she said, taking a moment to consider how open she wanted to be. Some of this information actually was classified, while other parts were intensely personal. "About two years ago I accompanied Saito–the previous Raikage–on a diplomatic mission to Iwa, and remained behind to look into some things when he left. We were to rendezvous at a festival in Suna, but there were...complications." A shadow fell across her face as she recalled the Cabal's plot, and what Ichi had done. In the past. she thought, shuddering slightly. "Regardless, immediately after I spent some time in the Spider realms...I guess 'recovering' is the best word. Time flows differently in the spirit realms, as you may know, and when it was all said and done, well, two years had passed."

There was a lot more to that story, but this wasn't the place to get into that, if at all. As a fellow Hachiashi Haji was probably entitled to what Kanka had told her of their bloodline, but whether or not she could trust him beyond that remained to be seen. It was all too tempting to listen to what her body wanted, let down her guard and...well. All the more reason not to trust him until she knew for sure. Only time will tell there, I suppose. For now, it can't hurt to be a bit friendly. She shrugged, feeling a bit of smile creep back as she continued. "Truth be told, I'm in much the same boat as you. My former landlord gave me up for dead and disposed of my things so he could rent the place back out. So, here I am!" She dipped in a mock curtsy, careful not to displace the towel too much.

"As for the captaincy, Saito planned to promote me upon our return from Iwa. With the upheaval following the events in Suna, Saito stepping down, and my own absence, I've really no idea. I'd say you're probably in the clear." She scratched her head, grinning sheepishly. "Honestly, I keep putting off bringing it up. Saito claimed I was wasting my potential, but I'm more used to operating solo...I doubt a captaincy would suit me all that well."

Wait, why am I telling him that? Damnit Shashu, you're supposed feeling him up-out! Not opening up to him! By the Fayth, focus!

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You've really seen it all haven't you?" Haji said a bit staggered by how far she had been in the world. It would seem that Shashu had a bit more experience out in the world than Haji had, she had been to other villages with the Raikage on diplomatic missions and gone to... "Wait... Spider Realms?" Haji half muttered. "What the hell are..." Haji stopped himself and smiled "Y'know, maybe you can tell me about that some other time, I'll use it as my excuse to see you again" he gave a charming grin.

"That's too bad about you not getting promoted, though I sort of agree with you, operating solo is usually my thing too" he was used for assassination is what he meant. "I spent my time on the inside of a giant flying whale over the past few years" Haji mentioned offhandedly as if it were some kind of vacation spot. "I was on a mission and I fell off a mountain and got... eaten by accident" He laughed half embarrassed. Why was he saying this? I mean she's been to somewhere called the Spider Realms, is being inside a giant sky whale that much crazier sounding?

"There was... some stuff in there that held my attention for a while" he rubbed his severely scarred shoulder absently "But yeah, time kind of flew by while I was in there, and eventually by the time I got out of there it had been a few years and now I'm just kind of... back. It feels weird" Haji laughed. "People are gone, new ones are in place, it still feels like cloud so maybe I'm the one who has changed because I just feel restless all the time!" He walked over to a sink and splashed some water in his face.

alright, stop spilling your guts to the pretty lady

"So, whats your plan now? Rise to power? Play it solo in the shadows? Retire?"
He threw the last one in as a joke.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back