Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Dreary Day [Open]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The cold rain pelted the window, drumming a hypnotizing beat that would thrum inside Sabaku's skull. The lightning flashes spookily illuminated the stark leafless trees swaying wildly in the wind. Every now and again thunder would boom, possibly shocking his heart and making him cringe involuntarily. Icy wind stole through the cracks in the windows and doors and snaked delicately around his skin,maybe even raising goosebumps. The day, only sunny and bright some minutes ago, was now dark and shadowed.
A knock at the door... Sabaku's mother answered the door... there stood a man in a black trench coat and spoke quietly under his breath while handing his mother a package. Sabaku could tell something was wrong. His mother shuddered before almost collapsing when his father rushed by to catch her. Moments later his father came to him.

We... we need to talk son... His father said with a heavy heart.
You're grandfather passed away, but he wanted you to have this... He said while handing him a book.

His father then left him to tend to hysterical mother, Sabaku's grandfather was a mystery to him along with this book.
Opening the book he found blank pages...nothing at all. Sabaku thought this was strange but pocketed the small book.
Sabaku had to get out, He wasn't sure how to feel about this and needed to go for a run.

Out the door he went immediately warping to the nearest rooftop and begun sprinting as fast as he could through the stormy dreary day...today did not have a good start, perhaps he could find refuge in the company of others...

[OOC WC: 272 MFT, Thread Created/Entered]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Storms were majestic in Megami's opinion. It was like nature putting on a symphony. Some shied away from it's thunderous percussion, the melodious rushing winds, the hum of the rain as it played in harmony to the wind, and finally the bright lighting as it brings in the whole audience in it's dramatic forte-piano. Storms were beautiful. Megami stood on a rooftop, dressed not in her civilian clothes, not her guardian armor, but her leather garb. The wind whipped her capes around, and her hair for that matter, but it wasn't something that bothered her.

The rain slipped off of the leather as soon as it hit, not finding contact it could stick on. Megami was here, because she was told of some creep that was planting explosive notes around the area. It was a job she could have sent a grunt to do, but for some reason many of them were out sick. She bent down and picked up one of the notes, quickly diffusing the energy and threw it, letting the wind carry it away. Another bolt of lightning struck as she pulled out a notebook, marking down that another note had been diffused. It appeared that there were still a few more to grab. As she turned, Megami saw a kid running, and he seemed to have little care to where he was going. She turned her head, and noticed that if he kept running forward, he was going to run off the edge of the building to a good drop. As he drew closer, Megami figured he was going to stop if he saw her, but in the case that he didn't, she would reach out and try to grab him from behind by the collar of his shirt before he plummeted to his death. Something that wouldn't be good for anyone in this particular case.

Megami took a few seconds to look him over. "In a hurry to get somewhere? That ledge isn't going to understand, I assure you." Megami would cross her arms, wondering why this kid was running on the rooftops anyway. Maybe he was the prankster that was placing explosive notes. It's not like they would do a lot of damage in the small quantity that they were placed in, but they would certainly be enough to cause some panic. As the rain continued to fall, Megami listened to it patter. Kid was probably lucky in any case that this was a flat rooftop she'd caught him on. Unless you were used to it, running on wet tiles on a slanted roof were damn near impossible not to slip and fall on. She waited to see what was up with this kid, but she'd ask another question first. "Any reason why the rooftops were a better option than the ground, given the weather?" It was stated in a tone of the obvious, but a good question in any case. Even when on her job she didn't loom around on rooftops, unless the job absolutely called for it. So what was this kids story?

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sabaku had been running for a few minutes now, unaware of where he was trying to go. Now Blind with the coursing emotions and adrenaline running through his body, Sabaku had failed to notice the upcoming drop off. Just as he was about to run straight off the edge a hand came from seemingly out of nowhere. But at the speed he was going tied with the sudden stop of his body from pulling on the collar had nearly choked him. Falling to the ground he lie gasping for air, holding his neck. Looking down at the ground still he rubbed his throat trying to recover from this rough halt. Peering from behind his wet and matted hair, after forgetting that someone had stopped him.

He saw a women standing there, it was difficult to make out but it appeared that she had pink hair, he had never seen this person before and she was a stranger to him. Though she might have saved his life just now, given the fact Sabaku had not mastered his strange new powers. Rubbing his neck once more before speaking, as if checking to see if it was even still there and functional.

I prefer the rooftops because it gets me just that much closer to the sky... He replied, with a rough and wounded neck.

I enjoy the lightning and thunder, it makes me feel more at ease... sometimes i feel like a could just transform into a lightning bolt and ride the clouds. Sabaku said whilst looking into the sky, as another lightning flash occurred.

Realizing that he had got caught up in a fantasy while staring blindly into the sky, Sabaku stood up to confront this stranger.

And what about you then? Who are you and what are you doing yanking on peoples collars and such? Sabaku asked while folding his arms together and trying to act all tough.

She might be older than him and a girl but a stranger is a stranger, especially in ominous weather such as this. Though Sabaku enjoyed weather like this it would seem strange and all to coincidental that he would bump into another so similar to him.... Maybe she was a ploy for him to be lead to a dark place and get jumped but some guys...or maybe she wanted to rob him... either way Sabaku had his guard up and was ready to defend himself if the need arose.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Well that was kind of off putting. But it's not like she'd been aiming to find anyone else up here. Megami watched as the kid sputtered on the ground, having been saved from his potential demise. He answered her question, something more than she could say others would do. Seems the kid liked storms too. It would be ignorant to say that she was the only one that could possibly like storms, but it wasn't a common thing, to feel a connection with the storm. It was part of the reason she took her name, but there were other reasons of course. The Goddess being a huge part of it. And thus, her identity. But she wasn't about to spill that out to someone she'd just met either. And the kid had his own priorities too.

Megami rolled her eyes. "I could have let you run off the building, but my job is to save people, not turn them into a mess I'll have to clean up later and file several papers on." It was more tedious to be a Guardian than maybe some were aware of. Every accidental death had to be investigated, classified under murder, suicide, natural causes, and then there were several testing processes they had to go through, family and professionals to contact, and then arrangements for the body to be transferred over to the funeral pyre directors. Overall it was a long process that, given the opportunity, Megami would not choose to deal with today. But sarcasm aside, this kid was here, and seemed to be more defensive than she was used to. It kind of reminded her when she was a kid. "But, if you need to know who I am, I'm the Guardian of Lightning. People just call me Lightning or Light. I'm up here diffusing timed explosive notes and looking for the idiot that thought it was amusing to cause mass panic. Do you know anything?" Megami pulled out an explosive note from her pocket, one she had saved for evidence. The note was a faded red color with smudged calligraphy. Clearly whomever had wanted to set these off knew that the rain would wash away definitive evidence and the lightning could easily be blamed for the small random explosions. She'd let the kid take it if he wanted to, as there wasn't really anything she could get out of it herself.

Whoever had been placing the notes had been doing it for months, all randomly placed and never any inclination that he was looking for money, or power, or anything. And it was always in areas that had the most people but would cause little to no damage, only aiming to scare the citizens. It was like someone was just aiming to be an annoyance to the Guardians, and get a reactions of the citizens. But even if this kid couldn't help her, she wasn't really expecting him to be able to. At that moment, Megami had recalled him rubbing his neck earlier. "Sorry about your neck. Try to be more careful about where you're going in this weather, the roofs look longer and the buildings look closer because of the shadows." She wondered if he'd accept the apology, as she had just tried to save his life. But she also understood that he was adamant to trust her, given his defensive stances, which was smart, so she would just observe.

WC: 569

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was true she had saved his life, he might have been a bit hasty with his chosen words and that may bite him in the end. Though finding out that this women was a gaurdian...this was most suprising to Sabaku. He had only know another, Shadow-san. Realizing that he had just disprespected one of the Elite, he would recoil to a knee and apologize for his rudeness.

OH! Guardian, I'm so sorry, I didn't realize. Sabaku said while kneeling and looking down towards his feet.

I respect the guardian very much and wish to do all i can to help and or serve them, someday I hope to join their ranks and become one of the elite myself! Sabaku would exclaim raising from his knelt stance.

Sabaku was still learning about the Guardians in his "special class" in school. He hoped to learn as much as he could to better his chances for becoming an Guardian in training. Sabaku had no real goals in life nor a "ninja way" to live by, he hoped that by joining the guardians he would find his place in this world...for better or worse.

Explosive notes eh? Sabaku would ponder, whilst looking over the tag before returning it to The Guardian of Lightning.

I'm sorry but I know nothing of this, i'd offer to help but i'm afraid i haven't learned how to properly handle them. He said while staring at the sky waiting for another lightning flash.

Still reveling in his foul mouth from before he felt the need to apologize once more, this seemed to be becoming an issue with Sabaku as of late... always apologizing and taking blame, it could only get worse with the recent events from just before he left the house.

Hey, I'm really sorry for being so disrespectful earlier, I'm kinda having a rough day and needed to clear my head... running helps that, also the storm to, Lightning makes me feel more at ease. Sabaku exclaimed. Near the end of that sentence he would form a few seals slowly and crackle some lightning in his hands off and on. [OOC thunder fist]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It was funny. This kid almost got a laugh out of her. She hadn't remembered the last time someone had just flipped emotions so suddenly just from hearing a word. But it wasn't in intention to make fun of him, she just knew there was respect there. So instead she took on a stance more open than she was used to. "It's ok. Takes a lot of courage to challenge an adult you don't know. I can respect that. It shows you have potential, a will to fight." Megami found truth in those words, even for herself. As a child, she challenged the world, faced anything, even her deepest fears, but she became stronger, and she would fight for what she loved. She would fight to keep her sister safe. She was also happy to hear that this kid's potential was going towards an aspiration to be a Guardian. She placed one hand on her hip and looked at him. "So, do you have a name, or should I continue to refer to you as 'kid'." It was sort of a joke, said in a sarcastic manner, but he hadn't introduced himself yet. Ah well.

But moving past the initial awkward meeting, he looked over the explosive note and said he didn't know anything about it. She didn't think he would, so she just pocketed it once more, before jotting another thing down in her notebook. As the lightning bolts continued to flash, Megami always awaited the trailing sounds of thunder. A roaring in her ears, as powerful as the flash was to her eyesight. She said nothing about him not knowing information, figuring that stating the obvious or telling him it was ok for not knowing was a waste of something he already knew.

She listened as he continued on, issuing more apologies. She learned in her line of work that sometimes apologies or sympathy was necessary, but also that there were reasons for doing things that didn't always need to be sorry for, given that you were simply acting on instinct or judgment before you were aware of things that would change your opinion. But he said he was having a bad day, and he absentmindedly started to play with lightning he summoned to his hands. Megami placed a finger to her lips, thinking before putting it to her side. "Why don't you help me find the rest of these explosive notes to take your mind off things. You can tell me what's giving you a hard time. Maybe if you do a good job, I can see about setting you up with an induction exam. Any interest?" Megami would wait to see if the kid took an interest. She really did have to finish finding all these explosives before their timers went off, but she didn't want to leave the kid alone if he needed to talk to someone. Megami wasn't sure why, but she just saw something that reminded her of her. Megami looked at her own hand and summoned a powerful controlled energy field of pink lightning in her palm, the energy crackling as it surged. "I could help you with your lightning control too." Megami would then turn and release the energy into the sky, creating a flash of pink light as it boomed in the sky. After a few moments of just staring she would need to see what his responses were. Those notes were going to go off without her if she let them.

WC: 581

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sabaku appreciated the fact that this Guardian thought he had potential, perhaps one day he would become one of the strongest in the village. It was true that Sabaku had guts, a real fighting spirit that never wanted to back down from anything...to stand the test of time and anything that the world would throw his way.
It seemed that Sabaku, in his earlier choking fit, had forgotten to introduce himself. Normally he would have right away considering that it was the respectful thing to do. He immediately bowed and introduced himself.

OH, i'm sorry. My name is Sabaku. I am a student at the academy and am now 12 years of age and hold a special interest in joining the guardians... Exclaimed Sabaku.

He only realized at the end of that sentence that he might have introduced to much about himself. He couldn't help it though... to be in the presence of a Guardian was a great honor to him, an unreachable dream it seemed to be... to become one of them...one of the Elite.

But wait...what was this? A chance to prove himself? Gathering some notes seemed like a great price to pay to get an induction exam! Sabaku wouldn't waste anytime agreeing to the offer. It wasn't everyday that somebody got a chance like this.

Really?! Of coarse i'll help you, just point me in the right direction and i'll get as many as I can. Sabaku said with excitement.

Today must have been Sabaku's lucky day...the chance to get into the Guardians....and now a chance for a private lesson from a Elite Guardian as well? Sabaku's head might just explode from all of this excitement. His body now pumped to the brim with energy, began to set off to find the notes. But just before he did he asked a few more questions.

How much time do we have left before they go off? And have they been hidden in secret like locations or are they just in plain view? Oh, and do we know how many there are? Asked Sabaku.

He wanted to get as much information as he could to fully prepare himself for this impromptu mission he had been tasked with.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
His excitement made the corners of her lips pull up slightly. Sabaku definitely had the right kind of attitude and ambition for someone who wanted to become a Guardian. Ultimately it would take more than just that, but the potential was there and that's the right kind of stuff she was looking for. After he had accepted her proposal, Megami went about answering his questions. She withdrew her notepad a final time, reading over the details of the case that she had marked down. "Alright, Sabaku, here's what we have. The notes were reported to be in this location, scattered on the rooftops in this 3 by 4 block area, giving us a possible 20 buildings to check. I've managed to collect 2, but generally the reports made suggest there are 4 others, but some may be fakes. Based on past accidents, one is likely to go off every ten minutes. The notes are sometimes visible or sometimes hidden." Flipping the notebook closed, and returning it, she looked up to the darkened other buildings. Each of the roofs were moderately far apart, not all of them, as plenty were just short leaps, but some were some distance away. It didn't help that the darkness and the shadows created an illusion of distance, making it nearly twice as hard to judge if a leap was capable to execute or not.

Megami looked back over the kid again, analyzing his overall height and muscle tone. Seemed to be just a little under 5 feet, but he had been moving fast earlier, and seemed to be familiar with the rooftops. "Think you can keep up? We've got a lot of buildings to cover, and you'll have to be careful of drops." Megami waited for a response, before she would go to do anything, though she figured he'd be generally good to go and would say something if anything were ever a problem. She pointed a finger to a distant building just as there was a flash of lightning that lit up the environment for just a flash. "The explosive notes are never on buildings right next to each other. Our best bet is to check over there." After which, Megami sped up her molecular structure and warped over to the next building, her path nearly invisible, but appearing to be nothing more than an electrical pink blur. She then stood on the rooftop, looking back at Sabaku, waiting for him to follow. If he did, she would keep moving from building to building in the same manner that she had used previously. "If you see anything suspicious, or buildings that look like decent places to place an explosive note, flat roofs for example, let me know and we'll check it out." If anything of interest came of this, more steps would follow, but until then, she just kept her eyes out for a rooftop, and buildings that wouldn't be easy to slip on. She was just happy she could bend gravity to her will on the off chance that an accident happens. She was still curious about some things, but she'd hold off on asking about them for now.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sabaku listened to Light's description of the report, It seemed that they had 4 others to look for and they may or may not be hidden. This would make their job a little harder. Though Light seemed very capable and strong, this should be a piece of cake for the two of them. Only time would tell. Sabaku grinned when she asked him if he could keep up with her... She might be older and smarter than he was...but he had his grandfathers blood running deep in his veins. He wasn't sure what to call it but it was a very handy gift to have. After watching her body start to move in a strange way she zipped across the way to the other building with a pink lightning bolt trail following her. This seemed very similar to what he could do. Paying the similarity no mind he ran and jumped off the side of the building. At first, to light, it would seem that he was going to plummet to his demise. But just as he peaked in his jump and begun to fall, he would activate his strange and powerful ability.
In an instant he would warp just past Light still bearing that grin.

I think I understand the mission Lightning-Sama... Let's go find ourselves some tags before they cause any more chaos. He would say.

And with that they would both be off, most likely zipping from rooftop to rooftop. To any spectators it would almost seem like there was a small and contained lighting storm bolting from roof to roof.
It was then when Sabaku would notice something from the corner of his eye...

Light! He yelled.

Rushing over to what was a pile of boxes that seemed to be to conveniently places near the corner of this rooftop. This may be a good place to find a paper bomb. Sabaku begun digging through the boxes trying to see what he could find....and without any luck it would seem. Still holding a box in his hand he held it just over his shoulder and looked up at the sky waiting for another lightning flash, letting the rain hit his cold and wet face. It felt good to him, out in the extremes, facing the world head on.
Though it seemed that Sabaku had failed to notice a small piece of paper on the bottom side of the box he was holding, with it still hanging over his shoulder he couldn't possible notice it. Especially when he was gazing at the sky. Would Lightning notice it before it went off? Or would Sabaku have a very rough and rude awakening to his daydream?

[OOC WC: 448 MFT...Also sorry for taking a while to post back. My boss hit me with some sucky late night shifts and wasnt able to get on due to exhaustion lol]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kid was pretty cheeky, making her think he was going to fall off the ledge again. But she made no move to react or attempt to save him. His face didn't read one of fear or something that would give away that he wasn't aware of what he would be doing, and luckily for her, that was in fact that case. Following her own similar action, he'd appear next to her in almost an invisible transition of places. She had inherited this gift from the Goddess, of course, so it was interesting seeing someone young coming into what was most likely a family trait. She had remembered her days, training with her father relentlessly about the ways of proper swordsmanship. She was probably one of the best in the village with those regards. But now wasn't the time to recall a flashback. So, she simply nodded towards him and would continue moving.

When she heard her name yelled, her attention was drawn to Sabaku, whom appeared to be a few buildings away from him. She'd started heading in that direction to see what the commotion was about, figuring that he had found a note. She didn't see anything peculiar as she stood on a nearby rooftop, observing as he searched through the crates. He seemed to pause, looking at the sky, but that's when her observations caught something. There was a flash of red paper, whipping in the wind. Her eyes grew wide for a moment before she reacted. The distance was too far for her to do something, so she would need to react quicker than most circumstances. She took a running jump onto a hanging pole, and used it to project herself towards the building that Sabaku was on. She landed with a roll, and brought herself to a standing point, instantly reacting be grabbing onto the note by distorting the gravity around it and bringing it to her. When she inspected it, she felt no signs of activity coming from it. So it was just a dead one then.

She let out a sigh, letting it fall to the ground, and watched as the rain caused it to shrivel up. Megami placed a hand on her hip. Sabaku had appeared to be lost in thought, and obviously she was concerned, considering the kid nearly got himself blown up. Still though, she wouldn't make him aware of what just happened, unless he figured it out for himself. "You look like you have troubles. Something on your mind there?" She would wait to see if he said anything, if he wanted to discuss it or leave it alone. Either way, they had some time to spare, given that this note didn't go off. And this invitation to help her was more than just to find notes. Something was bugging this kid, and she was going to try to find out what.

WC: 481
[OOC: No worries! I'm just enjoying the RP!]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hearing some commotion behind him, he turned. Noticing the paper shriviling on the ground he would ask, "Oh did you find one?" Not knowing what had almost happened to him. Pondering a second before answering her question, he thought of what was bothering him...his grandfather. "Well actually yea a little bit, My grandfather passed away." He said with a complacent look. I didn't know him very well as he was never around, but I heard a great many things about him and what he could do." He described to Light.
"And all he left me was this blank book of pages." He said pulling out his book and attempting to let her hold it and look at it.

[If doesn't grab it]

But yea, that's all really. Other than that I'm great. I met a wonderful new friend and am having lots of fun! He would happily say.

[If Light grabs the book]

Almost Immediately the book would begin to glow and a title would appear across the cover reading: "The Power Within Us" And on the first page: "If you are able to read this my young Sabaku, that means your Bloodline power has risen enough to where I can begin to explain what all of your new found power means..."

[It would continue explaining what Seikons are and what they can do and some made up lore about them but it would be a lot that prolly isn't necessary but just important towards my own PC's development on learning my Seikon powers giving that my parents don't have it]

It seemed that the books secrets were triggered by the Seikon power in peoples blood. With Lights own powers being enormously high the books secrets were revealed. Though returning the book to him would dispel this effect given that Sabaku lacked the current amount of power needed in his blood.

Wow, that's amazing! How did you do that? What's it say? Sabaku would ask excitedly.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It was difficult to choose what she felt more relief for. The fact that Sabaku hadn't realized he could have potentially been injured, or the realization that the explosive note was in fact, a dud. Megami sighed again as he turned around, hand still on her hip. "Yeah. It's not live though. Good job." She waited to proceed knowing that Sabaku probably had more to say. He was hesitant, it seemed, or maybe not hesitant, but he had the body language of someone searching their mind or stuck on a thought. She wasn't much of a conversationalist, or one to open up either, so she could understand the concept of thinking before speaking and simply just waited for him to feel comfortable in whatever he was going to share with her.

After some time, he spoke, and she wasn't altogether surprised of the result. She knew that for a kid to be out, running in the rain, and then nearly plunge to their death, you'd have to be effected by something that weighed pretty heavily on you. So he had just suffered the loss of his grandfather. "I'm sorry." Megami's expression softened a little, knowing the pain of death as well. Even if it wasn't the death of someone close to you, it's effects linger. Every death, be it natural, unnatural, or a life you take because of your duty, the mark will forever leave it's effects on you, so long as you retain your humanity. It is a grief that cuts to your very soul. Though, she was confused when he made mention of a blank book. He held it in his hands before extending to her. "Maybe it's a diary, or journal." She said as she took it. She would have said more, but obviously something stopped her.

The book shimmered, as text spread over it's cover. Her eyebrows came together in curiosity as she read over it. Gripping it with her left hand, she used her right to flip through it. "Doesn't look that empty." She continued to skim, reading the small personalized message to Sabaku before flipping through several more of the pages. When she'd had her fill of skimming, she closed it and handed it back. Sabaku, suddenly enthusiastic, was eager to know of her findings. She paused, figuring what to say. "If this is from your grandfather, it seems he's left you a sort of guidebook for the abilities from your lineage. I don't know why it reacted to me, to be honest. But the Goddess granted me special abilities as her Guardian, perhaps it mimics that of your kin." Megami wasn't going to say much more on that. As far as she knew, her family was a distant branch of Nanjirous, the ancient swordsmen of the world. But when she most needed it, the Goddess had granted her abilities to help her through trying times in her life, and they had stuck with her ever since then; abilities that she had come to harness and work into her own natural abilities she had learned from her heritage.

She would go to give Sabaku back the book, wondering if he had more questions. His grandfather had obviously intended for him to discover these things in their own due time. However, that didn't mean that given their similarities, she wouldn't be able to help him, train him even, should he request such a thing. For now though, she wasn't aiming to pry into that. If no other questions came, she would nudge him along. "Let's check over this way. But tell me more of your story on the way. Who was your grandfather? What did he do?" Truthfully, Megami was interested, but Sabaku also seemed like he needed to just talk it out, get it off his chest, so she had a pair of ears and was willing to use them.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
What?! Realer?! Sabaku asked excitedly. I can't believe he thought of this, what a great way to..uh... He started after Light returned the book to him.
The..the words disappeared... He remarked. It seemed that the book would only activate when accompanied with a strong sense of his bloodline. Maybe I'm not meant to read this until I train harder... He said with a sad look upon his face. For now it seemed that young Sabaku would need to grow up a little more, train a little harder...and maybe enjoy life as a child before venturing down the road of his lineage. Right, that way might prove more fruitful, Ill follow your lead Lightning-San. He remarked with a smile, Still excited that he got to hang around such a nice and cool grownup, a guardian at that. I didn't know much about my grandfather, only that he was a legendary fighter...or so I was told anyways. I heard a few story's here and there but the one that stood out the most makes him sound like a super hero... Retelling this story was going to make him feel better about the situation and hopefully pass the time as they searched for more tags. It was about 45 years ago, my grandfather was only 25 at the time... He was sent into the country of Iron to attain some information about the possibility of probable war. He was sent in with his partner, his best friend it seemed. Oh my grandfather's name was Kosoku, I think his friends name was Uragiru....Anyways, the two of them set out to get some information, but they wandered into a trap. Evidently Uragiru had been a double agent for the Land of Iron and tricked Kosoku so that they could use him as bait for an even larger trap against Earth country. Kosoku was outnumbered heavily, they had 6 men plus Uragiru. The way my grandfather described it was amazing, taking on 7 other people...he dodged nearly every blow until it came down to just him and Uragiru...Being that he had been my grandfathers friend for so long he knew all his fighting patterns..though the same could have been said about him. The fight was a great and epic battle between friends, in the end my grandfather couldn't kill his friend...so he let him go, and reported everything back to headquarters. Luckily there wasn't any chance of war, the whole thing was just a setup. I couldn't imagine how powerful my grandfather must have been to fight that many people at once and still live...I hope I can be just as strong as him one day. My father says that nobody was faster than my grandfather...it was mostly due to his powers he had....and the powers I seem to have. Though his had to have been on a whole other level, that's for sure. The retelling of his grandfathers most prestigious battle made him feel more at ease...he fought a good fight, but all that's that come have an end...no matter what it seemed. He could outrun everything but life it seemed.

[OOC WC: 530, MFT---Sorry, I looked at ur profile and saw that u got seikon as a Chimera BL, i wasn't sure how u RPd it so i let the book activate on you, my bad :p ]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Megami navigated the rooftops, scanning the tops for clues, she was more interested in the boy's story. He spoke with such praise an admiration for his grandfather, it made her think back to her training days with her father. Back then, he was her hero, she looked up to him. But those things change, and roles are replaced, despite the memories that you retain from the experiences of those individuals that leave a meaningful mark on your life. "Your grandfather sounds like brave warrior, very respectable. Not many people I know have the strength to manage some of those tasks, let alone survive them." Megami paused for a minute on one of the rooftops, lost in her own thoughts. She hadn't seen many individuals with that kind of determination, dedication, and fighting spirit. It was a shame really that she hadn't gotten to meet such an individual.

As she shifted quietly through some old newspapers that lay on the flatbed of the roof, she picked up another explosive note discharging it. After marking down the locations and scribbling some more drabble, she looked back at Sabaku. "You know, if your grandfather trusted you with that book, something that precious to him, maybe he believed that you could be as great as he was or better. Maybe he wanted you to become his legacy." These were just things that popped into her thoughts. She was voicing them to pass the time, but it could also be something that Sabaku could think about, given the circumstance. She wondered what the boy's parents did, but at the moment she didn't see the importance of asking.

Stepping back, Megami continued to search the roof. It was likely that there would be another one on this roof, aside from the one she found. If Sabaku was looking around, he'd probably find it first. "Let me know if you find anything." She said offhandedly. The rain was continuing to pour down, but she speculated that it had let up some. The downpour wasn't quite so violent to the point where it would soak clothing in seconds, but more of a heavy drizzle. The lightning still flickered every once in a while, and maybe it was considered dangerous for them to even be elevated at this point, but she doubted either one of them really minded it anyway.

OOC: I'm sorry for the delay. Balancing 6 topics is a bit difficult.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As the two continued to search the rooftops Light noted that his grandfather sounded like a great warrior, Sabaku felt this way very strongly...though never actually meeting the man and only seen through pictures, He still felt the deep and profound admiration towards him. The rain had started to give way to calmer weather, though slowly. Lightning flashes were still very close by, almost as if you reach out and grab one. Sabaku longed for a feeling like that. To escape the normal hindrances of everyday life...to live as lightning....free to go wherever you wish in an instant. This slight pause to daydream was short lived as Light snapped him back to reality. She mentioned that his grandfather could have entrusted the book to him to make him the family legacy. Sabaku made a slight scoff at the idea. I'm not sure if I could live up to him, do you really believe that I have that kind of potential? Sabaku asked with a slightly unconfidant look. Sabaku had always underestimated his ability and usually relied on the support of friends to boost his confidence...He hadn't seen any of his friends in a while now and was feeling low on support.
Sabaku rummaged through some boxes and papers but found nothing. It was shortly after he noticed something. Is that.... Sabaku started. He jumped over to a nearby roof to get a closer look. Hey come take a look at this! he shouted over to light. Upon arriving Light would discover Sabaku holding a rat. This rat had a tag tied around its body like a Explosive note corset. If there are more like these it could spell more trouble....to think....mobile explosive tags. That's just awful! Sabaku said in a disgruntled tone.
I wish we could catch whomever did this....maybe glue some tags to him and set him loose eh? Sabaku joked.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Standing there, listening to Sabaku question his capabilities, or a future for such a thing, made Megami think back to herself. She tried to grow up quickly, so her sister could live a normal life, without worry. She didn't know if in the end it really mattered, but she did know that the only obstacle to get past sometimes, was yourself. She slowly walked over to Sabaku, and would go to lightly place a hand on his shoulder. "I think you have the potential to be that and much more if you really want to. You can do anything, be anyone, if you try and put in the effort. All the obstacles and people in the way, just makes you stronger in the end." Just as Sabaku had pointed out the rat, showed that he wanted to work with others and help the village, just showed he was ready to throw himself into situations just to be a better person. Not many people were like that anymore, light of heart. She didn't want to see any more darkness befall others.

She lightly gripped the explosive note between her fingers and diffused it, the rat out of harms way now. Something heavy weighed on her mind, all the complications that seemed to come up recently. But it wasn't really time for that. Megami stepped away, as Sabaku expressed his disgust in the idea of someone using mobile creatures to destroy the village...or maybe kill a living creature, or both. Either way, the reason didn't matter particularly, just that the act itself was dark. Megami nodded her agreement. "There is chaos in this world, Sabaku. The reason the Old Gods have turned from us, the reason why the Guardians still have a purpose. If we can leave just a little bit of hope in this world, try to not add to the problem, maybe we can lessen that chaos. Maybe that will be enough." Even though Sabaku had meant what he said out of jest, Megami knew that she had to be serious about it. Her job wasn't to add to the destruction of this world. She wanted to save as many people as she could before her time ran out. She didn't know how many agreed with her opinion. She was one woman, who lived by her code of ethics, and not by one that was written through the feelings of another. The lightning flashed above, dangerously close to where they were standing. She doubted either of them were bothered. "I'll find the last note myself, but your help has been invaluable. I'll be holding an exam soon, and will inform you." Facing Sabaku, one last time before she took off, she would say one last thing. "You're a good kid. I'm sure that alone would make your grandfather proud." She gave a light smile to him, before zipping off into the distance, following the path of the lightning.

[Topic left]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
After Light had defused the explosive not that had been attached to the rat that Sabaku had found, she begun to do describe the world as a chaotic place. Sabaku might have been to young to fully understand what she meant, but he knew that there were many evils in this world that needed to be dealt with in a swift and sure manner. And Sabaku was willing to be one of the people to stand in the way of that evil. Sabaku was usually the one to step up and protect those that needed protecting, he wasn't fond of bullies or anything of the like. Sabaku liked the idea of instilling hope in the scared and lost souls of the world. A savior...no a Guardian! That was his goal now, to protect the innocent and defend the weak. To bring down the tyranny and chaos within this world. Light thanked him for his help and told him of an exam that she would be holding soon and this excited Sabaku greatly. Sabaku wished for few things...and an opportunity to join the ranks of the guardians would please him deeply. The lightning still flashing, Sabaku watched as Light dissappeared into the darkness of the rain. Peering into the great sky above, young Sabaku started to daydream again about what it might be like to become one of the elite. Though it was a little farfetched he invisioned himself saving hordes of citizens from great evil just like a super hero. Sabaku smiled as yet another flash of lightning streaked across the sky, the rain hitting his face in a constant downpour. This is my goal now, I will become greater than my grandfather and strive to become the best of the elite! He yelled into the sky above. Now soaked to the bone, Sabaku turned to go home. Warping from building to building still with that excited grin upon his face...today everything changes...

[MFT WC: 326, Thanks for the awesome RP Megami!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back