Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Handy Lesson[Tutor]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The academy was back on her case again, but refreshingly it wasn't about teaching a class.

One of Kumogakure's Genin, Kikei, had erroneously passed her examinations as an academy student through genjutsu and sheer luck. While the Aurora could be quite lax in how one completed their time as a student, the trouble came when they realised the girl had never once used a hand seal in her test. In fact, after a brief investigation into the matter conducted by the headmistress, not a single teacher could say they had taught or watched the girl cast anything other than her Sharingan based genjutsu. That was a problem, a very BIG problem.

Which was where Yuii came in. Her name was synonymous with Genjutsu as far as the academy was concerned. She rarely flexed her gifts of illusion in front of others but her year of teaching had given away her skills to the other instructors. It was Emi's bright idea that she look after their whoopsie Genin, and sadly once again Yuii was in no position to refuse. Apparently 'but I don't want to' wasn't a good enough excuse for a sixty-year-old woman.

So Yuii sat awaiting her newest student on a craggy bit of rock overlooking the forest edge. She didn't plan to take her new genin protege into the dangerous maze of greenery, things kept happening in there beyond even Yuii's control, but it served as a pretty background for the day's lesson. She'd dressed plainly today, wrapped in a green and pink sweater that made hiding nigh impossible and leggings with little swirls and stars across them. Fashionable.

When Kikei arrived, she would dive right into it, "Can you tell me why we're here?" she asked evenly, relaxing back on her hands and staring at the girl curiously as if she didn't know.

Kikei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Another day another summons by some higher up that deemed her life theirs to control. This time however it wasn’t some mundane mission to walk dogs or to go pick up some VIPs in a remote area, no this time it was a simple request to show up and meet with one of the sensei from the academy. Apparently they were going to try and rectify her inability to successfully form handseals. After all whoever heard of a ninja that couldn’t perform handseals? No one that’s who well at least no one until Kikei had successfully graduated and became a genin without said skill.

Arriving at the designated area a rather terribly dressed woman was waiting. ‘Oh my gosh is she….green and pink….swirls…stars….it’s like she took a child’s notebook and turned it into clothes.’ Kikei though as she made her way towards the woman, a soft fake smile on her face to hide her disgust of the woman’s attire.

“I want to say it’s because I can’t perform handseals, but then again I have been known to get things wrong quite regularly.” She said with a laugh to make it a point that she was joking about the last part of her statement.

“Since it is about handseals, obviously. I just want to point out that I passed my exam to become a genin without any real trouble. An if you are summoning here to revoke that I’ll fight you tooth and nail to make sure that doesn’t happen. I don’t need my brother to have any more reasons to tease me about.” She growled the last bit as she clenched her fist just thinking about how she would never be able to live that one down if it were to happen.​

[WC:292]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii burst into good natured laughter at Kikei's answer and rolled to her feet. She didn't answer right away but let Kikei continue to tel Yuii what their lesson was about. When she was done, the blue haired woman placed her hands on the young girls shoulders like an older sister might for their sibling then smiled sweetly.

"Wrong!"

To punctuate her single word, Yuii lightly slapped both sides of her little pupil's face, "we're here because you're stupid and got caught. Rule one of genjutsu: Don't. Get. Caught." Her smile didn't fade, however, which was a good sign for Kikei.

"You can bitch and argue all you ike about it, sweet pea, but you're not going to win and quite frankly I don't like to waste my time. We're here nw, so you might as well sit down and get comfortable." Yuii didn't wait for her and returned to what was one of the few comfortable looking seats on their rocky perch. From her pocket she pulled a small bag of cookies and took a bite. "So hypothetical, you're in a fight, someone blinds you, what do you do? Someone's harvested our eyes, what do you do? She asked, waving the confectionary. If kikei wanted to throw a tantrum or try to argue, let her, it was still better than being in her office.

Kikei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well if i were to get into a fight hypothetically I'd probably die." She laughed out to cover up the fact she was beyond scared of the idea of combat.

"An if my eyes were to be as you put harvested I'm positive I would die before i could even land any sort of attack on my capture." Kikei jested trying her best to be a smart ass to her teacher. After all the woman literally just got done slapping her smack in the face on both sides, she deserved some smart ass remarks.

"I kid though unless someone made an attempt at me completely blindfolded I doubt they be able to avoid eye contact long enough that I couldn't ensnare them in some sort of genjutsu long enough for me to make it to safety." She finally gave a stern and serious answer as she stopped atop one of the rocky perches and stared down at her sensei.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii stared passively at the girl, worried about the level of humour with which she talked about her own death. The sennin rested her chin against her hand and hummed. It wasn't untrue though, that was exact what would happen. The white haired girls second answer was the lie, and it was funny to Yuii that she might not see it. Youthful invincibility perhaps, the most deadly of sins in greenhorns like Kikei.

"You're a child, you're barely trained and you think that there arn't people out there that can resist any and all thing you send at them? In truth, you should never be in a mission above your ability grade but your rank is expected to have a certain skill in basic combat that your lack of hand seals very glaringly shows you do not have," Yuii explained, staring Kikei straight in the eyes, "Sit down, we'll start with the basics. Cat" Yuii formed the seal she was most fond of, folding her fingers into the basic from. She waited for Kikei to repeat her.

Kikei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Sensei that's not gonna help." She sighed as she pulled a very worn book from her person and handed it over. It was an instructional on how to perform handsigns for dummies basically a book she had purchased and ever made notations in.

"See the thing is i just blank when i make attempts at jutsu through any means than through my eyes. If i could shoot fire from them I wouldn't have to deal with learning these things." She laughed not realizing that shooting fire from her eyes as in fact something she would latter learn to perform.

"Is there some sort of trick to the whole thing like how we had a song to learn my alphabet or a phrase like never eat sour watermelon for remembering thr cardinal directions?" She pleaded as she finally sat down in front of her sensei with a serious look of defeat on her face.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At least she had been trying, Yuii thought while eyeing the book. What a strange thing that any shinobi capable person be unable to use handseals, especially with the apparent effort Kikei had put in. Yuii's face gentled a smidgen, but she still awaited the girl until she finally took her seat. "I'm not saying you haven't tried," she offered, leaning forward to bend the child's fingers into the symbol Yuii had asked of her. She held it fine enough, but there was no feeling behind it.

"Handseals are simply a physical representation to help us coerce our chakra the way we want it. A mastered jutsu takes fewer seals, thus in theory you could simply need to find a different outlet to form your jutsu. The hashigaki cast through their voice and samurai through their swords, for instance. Have you considered a fan or implement that would direct a certain element? Or maybe, it is the exact symbols that are your issue. You're familiar with the basic exercise of spinning your own chakra, yes? Is there no other movements your body tries to make when you attempt at the basics?" The blue haired woman tilted her head curiously, studying her. She wunderstood now why the academy had asked for Yuii specifically, if Kikei was this comfortable arguing with her Sennin she must have thrown her senses through the wringer.

Kikei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I've never honestly attempted to channel my chakra through anything besides my eyes and when i try to using handseals." Kikei said with a sigh slowly starting to feel like she was wasting thr blur haired fashion blind sensei's time.

"My parents think i have some sort of mental block on or something like that. Keeping me from being able to properly mold my chakra, maybe theu are right and I'm the reason I'm unable to learn." She began to pout while destroying her own self-esteem one word at a time.

"I'm sorry just give me a minute i think i might need to double my meds I'm not feeling to good anymore." She said with a sigh and she pulled out her pocket watch and removed two pills one for anxiety the other depression. Both of which were very new having only been available for a short time as advancements in mental health had only gotten so far.

"What's funny is papa and momma hated that i requested to be put on this medications saying that the possible side effects could make things worse." She said softly and she popped the medication inside her mouth and swallowed.

"Okay i should mellow out shortly." She said with a fake smile on her face an obvious attempt to keep herself from crying about how hopeless she felt.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii hummed quietly, thinking. Uchiha was usually good with fire, but an item used to channel fire chakra specifically did not immediately come to mind. The aforementioned fan, perhaps? They would need another lesson to test that theory though, as Yuii was a bit of a creationist when it came to her own weapons. Maybe Sunuke would be able to give her some tips on how a shinobi channelled through their weapon. Sunuke senior that was, her brother wasn't exactly an amazing shinobi by himself. "I'm not sure what you would use or be interested in. There is always Taijutsu but even they require seals to adequately perform a strong attack." there had to be a list of effective items used by past shinobi, maybe they would need to go shopping in the future if that became the best option.

"They might be right," Yuii agreed, watching the white-haired child curiously. She had to wonder if they thought it was a block, why no one had submitted Kikei to the machinations of the medical branch. Surely the academically inclined shinobi of Kumoagkure would be salivating at the chance to study an anomaly like Kikei's. Plenty of Lightning countries' residents had lost the ability to mould chakra, it was a well-known fact. but there were not many who could command the power of the Sharingan while failing completely at the very basic of a shinobi's schooling.

Yuii's concern deepened when Kikei pulled out pills. There were some medications Yuii could not deny had powerful results, but it seemed extremely counter productive to take a dosage of something that might be adding to the route of the problem they were there it solve. "Next time, I'd rather you didn't take those," Yuii chimed, searching for signs of the girl 'mellowing'. "I assume a med-nin has given those to you, and not a civilian doctor? Are they testing to see if that could have some connection to your issue, or is this a bandage for something far worse than your hand seals issue? They could be right, they could be wrong."

Well, there was nothing to do about it, now. Yuii made the cat seal again and rose her eyebrows, waiting for Kikei to follow suit. "Humour me and play along. It's a matter of checking the big things off. I don't expect we'll fix this in one lesson, but I've been dedicated to helping you so that's what we'll do. So- Cat."

Yuii would spend the better part of an hour running Kikei through hand seals until she needed to get back to the Torre. It was a chance to check Kikei's muscle memory for them, to see how her body language changed while going through them, and to see what 'mellow' meant. She was lying when she said she had not expected an easy fix. All too often the students in the academy were just being stubborn and unwilling to put in the work that was required to be a great shinobi. Yuii was lazy in most aspects, but she was a damn good shinobi and pushed her students to be the same. Unfortunately, there would need to be more lessons, and likely she needed to request the medical branch to do a few specific tests as well. Maybe some stress tests were in order too, to see if she could be coaxed to preform under pressure.

Yuii would leave with the promise to try again later that week.

[Done on Kikei's post]

Kikei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“No but they do monitor my heart rate and blood every so often and check to see if they need to change the medication levels for me.” Kikei responded to Yuii with a small sigh as her pupils dilated slightly as the medication slowly worked its way into her system.

“Also I’m not too….uh sure about showing up without them…..I can be quite a handful when I’m not on my medication.” Kikei said without a sigh as she sat upon her rock and turned her attention back to the holding the cat seal still. Her hold on the seal was sloppy though honestly as she slumped down a bit and came off as overly drugged after all she wasn’t even supposed to up her dosage on her own. Doing so put her at danger of dropping out or vomiting due to her body rejecting the extra dosage.

“Uh okay let’s keeping running drills to check everything properly.” She said with a soft voice as her posture slumped slightly and she began to fluidly run through the seals she was shown with quite a lot of trouble as she was struggling to even focus at this point due to the over medication. Not even her eyes shined of their red hue that was the sharingan. It seemed as if she was about to fall asleep at any moment but kept on with her attempts at handseals each one worse than the one before.

“Sensei….I am kind of tired can we call it quits for the day? She said without much enthusiasm that she had just one hour prior. Her body felt week as her breathing began to become labored as if the drills had caused her to over exert herself. Truth was her body was rejecting the medication and she was on the verge of expelling whatever was left of the pills inside her stomach. A cold sweat began to roll across her arms that were barely able to keep themselves up.

“Ugh I feel kind of dizzy I think I should probably just get home soon.” She said out loud what was meant to only be a thought insider her own head. Sigh slightly she tried to stand only to fall back down onto the rock and sat there was the world began to spin about followed by an immediate evacuation of her stomach. Holding herself above the vomit the girl began to heave as her body continued to try and empty and already empty stomach. At this point the girl was crying from the burning sensation caused by her stomach acid burning the inside of her throat as it traveled up and out her mouth. With each heave slightly more bile would be produced until all that was left was dry heaving that surely caused the poor girl much pain.

“Help….” The girl begged between heaves her eyes bloodshot now as she attempted to look up to her sensei in an attempt that would hopefully not fall on deaf ears. Kekei tried her best to figure out how come she was in so much distress when it didn’t make any sense to her why she would be puking so violently from taking something she was prescribed. The girl was no longer heaving as heavily but was struggling to keep herself above the puddle of vomit that was upon the ground beneath her. Her hat had fallen off her head by this point and rolled its way over to yuii safe and sound. Breathing heavily she attempted to prop herself up but struggled to do so, having barely the strength to wipe whatever was left upon her face and look up towards her sensei.

“I don’t think I was supposed to do that….” She said as she looked her sensei in the eyes her arms shaking heavily as a sign that at any moment she could collapse ruining the quite extravagant outfit she had worn that day. ‘Don’t….fall….” She repeated to herself over and over inside her mind as she waited for some sort of help from her sensei.

[WC: 679]
[WC Total: 1217]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kikei's conditioned worsened considerably as time passed. Yuii made note of each nuance, each slurred word and miscreated hand seal. This was not unlike watching someone under the effects of a low-dose poison; an undertaken often done by higher ranked individuals in order to render themselves immune with time. Yuii was about to call that day ended when her new little student asked for the same. Again, there was no concern, just curiosity as Kikei tried to stand but wobbled and fell again like an hour old foal.

And like someone poisoned, she began to vomit. Yuii moved immediately, one hand lending support as she spewed her stomach's contents and the other keeping her pale hair from becoming a victim of the sick then rubbing in comforting circles on the middle of Kikei's back. "Just breathe. You'll be fine. This will pass," the elder woman assured the girl, certain her student would not die but just as certain they needed the hospital. The pills had been in her system long enough they had absorbed enough of the medicines within that her body was going to continue to try and reject them even with much of it mixed in the bile strewn across the rocks.

"No, I don't think you were," Yuii agreed, manhandling Kikei onto her shoulders and even taking the time to grab Kikei's hat, "Turn your head if you're going to be sick, and just keep breathing. We'll get you to the med-nins." she assured, turning them towards the far off village and the hospital within.

Kikei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“If you say so sensei…..” She mumbled in a very weak voice as she kept her gaze to the side just in case she did need to puke some more. Hopefully though that wouldn’t happen after all her stomach was very much empty at this point that not even bile remained. She sighed softly a very pungent smell emanated from her mouth though and she quickly placed a hand over to try and seal it away so as not to bring any more misfortune to her new sensei. ‘I wanna go home…..and lay in my bed till all this blows over but I doubt that’s where she is going to take me….’ She thought to herself as she was draped over the young woman’s shoulder.

“We won’t see anything else come up I’m sure of it, my stomach is empty now.” She said as she mustered as much strength as she could just to sound confident even though doing so really did take a lot out of her. If she hadn’t been a ninja she was sure to have dropped herself in her own sick and been unable to speak a single word.

“I was hoping to not let them know this happened…..but if you think it is for the best then I won’t argue.” She said once again in a weak tone as she started to have a little difficulty breathing from the position she was in. ‘Her shoulder hurts my chest…..’ she thought to herself hand still covering her mouth while the other dangled limp.

“Is it okay if I close my eyes and rest a bit…..” She said as she slowly closed her eyes and fell asleep without even waiting for an answer. Her breathing was slow but steady as she slept on the way to wherever her sensei was taking her.

[WC:305]
[WC Total: 1522]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back