Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Hungered Stroll [Open]

Koto

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Overhead swelling white masses pass, riding distant winds heralded from the East, clumping together into distinct bands upon collision with the surrounding pressure, forming ripple like patterns as they go. Their wisp interweave the transitioning sky glow, which passes from a light blue to an impenetrable navy which is apex to the sky dome; there appears no real distinction, and to an occupied mind heaven appears a consistent smear, never breaking or delineating any of its details, printed like an immortal painting on the ceiling, which from this height rest low. Birds tweet above, but I cannot find them. When looking anywhere above the horizon, a brilliance singes my cornea, and so my curiosity is punished, and so I look only to what is grounded. The rich earth, composed of finely granulated black elements and clumpy porcelain clay, harbors a botanical variety; on the trodden path nearly all are sprouts hardly distinguishable, while the surroundings immediately flourish a few feet away, almost entirely shrubs blooming in arrangements of orange, crimson, and the occasional lavender. It is not overpopulated, however, but instead moderately occupied - each plant has it's space, enough room to stretch its leaves out and bask in generous light, and never be oppressed by another's shadow.

But, such tranquility cannot be eaten. I am hungry, and have been since awakening. It may be disclosed then, that I had only been hungry for a span of 30 minutes, and that the night before had seen bountiful gorging - this is no counter-point. What matters is not how long for, nor how great a person's hunger is, but simply that they are hungry. And my hunger did not arise as a mere emptiness, which could easily be satisfied with filling, but instead felt as the nonexistence of a particular object. What was missing was a specific sweet and sour saturation of my tongue, which I came to desire when waking up to a dry mouth and visions of pomegranates.

With a little perusing, and induction from vague resources, I came to suspect, or more honestly, hope, that if anywhere in Kumogakure, I could find pomegranates in the Nimbus Delectatio. This I believed because the moisture and richness of the environment would be suitable, if only history had seen to their planting here. And so, I find myself over the river stones and into the brush, with hair still moulded from a night's sleeping, and clothes disheveled. A few goats bleat about, grazing on specimens of their preference, but they are not the sort to eat this fruit, and so their aims are ignorable at the moment. But I do not know what animals eat pomegranates, and so this is only a possibility - for I only know now what I see them eating, and see that amongst those things there is no pomegranates, and so conclude that they do not eat pomegranates. Instead I should put forward: if pomegranates are around, and if these goats do not eat them, than these goats do not eat pomegranates. But I am no closer to the goal, and now as befuddled as I am hungry.

Desperate, I move further on toward the Ancient Forest, weary and slow footed, with no apparent haste.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rinko squinted at the giant stag beetle resting on a nearby tree. Closing one eye, she held her pen up to eyeball its measurements. "Hmm...about 74 millimeters I believe. Very nice. This one could get a pretty good price. Maybe I can craft horn accessories to make it bigger." Grabbing a small cage from her hip, Rinko delicately captured the large insect. As she lifted to admire it, something caught her eye through the container. A male brunette was wandering the forest, causing the young girl to instinctively slide behind a large tree. Peeking around the trunk, Rinko analyzed the guy as he walked further into the forest. He seemed older than her, possibly an adult? Even from a distance she could tell he was much taller than her. However height didn't mean much in the village. Far too many academy students were giants compared to her. It was probably the radioactive chakra flakes that the dormitory cafeteria fed all the orphans for breakfast.

Sensing no animosity, for now anyway, the tanuki girl gave chase. Curiosity bubbled within her as she fell into step behind the teen. Most people only came here to train, play with animals, or stick things in their mouths that don't belong. Since this guy didn't look sweaty, and had completely ignored the nearby herd of mountain goats, she'd have to guess the last option. Picking up her pace, Rinko passed the guy and turned on her heels to face him. "Howdy stranger! The name's Tanuki Rinko. You seem to be looking for something. Need a little help with that? For the low low price of 1000 yen, I can be your guide in this unforgiving environment." The small girl held out her hand to the Genin.

[WC: 291]
[MFT]

Koto

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A light breeze brought with it the fluorescent chlorophyll from the Ancient Forest, translating the many objects of my vision to ones slightly greener, and passing through otherwise unnoticed. The goats behind relayed a series of anxious calls, but the signals of my gastrointestinal cells sung 'we are hungry', and the democrat I was, I had to listen instead to the many thousand's (my own) needs, and disregard the few. But I found my eyes lingered on a number of odd growths, all of which I knew didn't belong in my mouth, but seemed appealing in the moment. Could I allow myself such decadence, to become like the insects which ate everything? Though desperate, I knew that this was not an option and instead looked toward the nonconsumable trees for distraction. It appeared that as I climbed further, they transitioned though not to an entirely different species but merely phenologically; the peculiarity of their bark patterns kept me occupied, taking from my ears the attention necessary to discern among rustling leaves those which cracked and crumpled. So when the small burnette girl appeared before me, she did not seem to have slipped past me but instead invaded my consciousness in a single frame, appearing suddenly and without warning.

"Howdy stranger! The name's Tanuki Rinko. You seem to be looking for something. Need a little help with that? For the low low price of 1000 yen, I can be your guide in this unforgiving environment"

[color=#2980B9 ]Tanuki Rinko, it's a pleasure. My name is Keiji Kototani, though it isn't necessary to use my family name.[/color]" Having responded out of reflex, without much consideration to who the girl was, I retracted to get a better look at who it was who stopped me. Immediately, the youthfulness of her large eyes stood out, only partially diminished by the frames before them. Looking deeply into them, I found no ill intentions but instead derived a sense of playfulness, and so I lingered for a moment staring blankly to incite some sort of response before continuing.

"[color=#2980B9 ]You're a mischievous one, aren't you? Well... I can't scorn good sense, you'll go far with that attitude.[/color]" And with that I paused to give further consideration to the offer. Of course, 1000 yen was not a low price in these ages, when a home alone cost that in rent, but I was hungry and willing to go to nearly any lengths to get a pomegranate. Nearly any, however, and not without due attempt to lessen the charge. Mustering up what energy was available, I leaned forward toward the girl with a finger raised up, giving what little charisma I could to my spiel. "[color=#2980B9 ]But I believe the thing I'm looking for sells for 5 yen at the store! Of course, necessity drives up prices! Wouldn't you say 30 yen, being 600% upcharge, is reasonable under these conditions? Not to mention, I can't be expected to pay you a guide charge, when I don't even know how far the object may be! Would you pay the same rate to be led 5 minutes down the road as for a 6 day journey to Leaf? Of course not![/color]"

While I was speaking however, more features began to impress upon me and I inevitably became aware of the bushy tail which appeared fastened to her waist, and so broke my concentration to inquire, stretching my hand reluctantly forward for permission to touch it.
"[color=#2980B9 ]But now... Where did you get such an exquisite accessory? Whatever this belonged to, had a beautiful pelt.[/color]"

(Sorry for quick post, didn't want to keep you waiting! Thanks for joining the topic :) )

Sato Yuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Saki smiled softly to herself as she walked quietly through the forest. This part of the forest was not her favorite though it held its own kind of beauty. Further in there were trees that blotted out the heavens with their branches and it appeared to be night all day long. That was her favorite part. Here the trees were few and farther between with a shrub underlayer that was able to grow. It gave the area a bright, colorful appearance ironic considering what is led to. That and the area had easily to identify animals that would not try to kill an unsuspecting wanderer -- goats. Some of the farmers were allowed to let their goats graze in the area with the understanding that if a few of them were to disappear no fuss would be raised. The forest held many unspeakable things and it was easier to allow them to feed off of a few goats then off the settlement nearby.

Saki had been driven out of her house today because of the commotion that had happened when it had been discovered that one of her cousins could not use chakra, a rarity in her family. That had caused an uproar and she had been able to escape out of one of the windows. She had then come here to regain some the quiet she had lost, so far it had been successful but she still planned to head deeper into the forest.

She had lost herself in her own thoughts but was dragged out of them when she heard the murmur of voices up ahead. She contemplated turning around to avoid the human contact but decided against it. This was the shortest route to the part of the deeper forest she wanted to get to and taking another path was foolish. As she approached she noticed that one appeared to be a male only slightly taller then she was and the other a colorfully dressed female. They seemed to be talking about money exchanged for a travel guide. Just as she came up behind them she heard the male ask something about a pelt. “Excuse me.” She said quietly, “ You are blocking the path, would you mind moving to the side?”

{WC:373}
{MFT}

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rinko cocked her head questioningly as the young man gave his counter argument. 5 yen?! Is this guy insane?! ... She was silent for a moment as her brain tried to wrap itself around the conversation. Wait, is this guy from Murrikania? That weird western place that's known for its burgers and gallon hats? To hide her inner musing from the lad, Rinko stroked her chin to emphasis that she was mulling over his offer. Dad said always to be nice first. Correcting people only antagonizes them. Instead I need to work with what I've got. Hmm... Finally returning her attention to the Genin, the tanuki girl have a nod. "I like you. I've had my fair share of people spitting in my face for such an proposal, so I'll give ya a free tour. On the house. After that you can decide if I'm worth anything."

Next came an inquiry directed towards her tail, followed by a soft voice insisting that the duo were playing the role of roadblock. Rinko side stepped in order to give the newcomer a better view of her dramatic response. "Oh woe is me. Is the village so racist that they failed to teach students of my ancestors?" She placed the back of her hand to her forehead and feigned a swoon. "I understand. After the Demon Wars, Kumogakure has looked down on my people, even though we are completely different." The girl flipped her bangs before resting her hand on her heart. "I am a youkai, or descended from one anyways. I am nothing like those gross red demons with their giant racks and twisted horns." Rinko clapped her hands together, instantly changing back into an energetic disposition. "To show my good will, I'll bring BOTH of you along! Super free. No strings attached, though feel free to attach some if you want. Just gotta know what we're looking for." The lively girl looked to Koto for an answer to the question before giving a flamboyant bow to the stranger behind the boy. "I am Tanuki Rinko and this..." She trailed off as she lifted the cage with the stag beetle inside. "This is Beetler, he's absolutely a youkai too. He's one of those special ones that can't speak, but totally gives a bunch of luck to whomever is his owner. I'm pretty lucky myself, considering I've run into you lovely people today, but I bet you two could definitely use some luck. Think about it and we can discuss a price later." After waiting for introductions to finish for a second time, Rinko would urge the group to press onward.

[WC: 438]
[MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back