Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Normal Father Daughter Dinner [Private pm to enter]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi had been avoiding Maru for the past few days since the…unveiling of their new relationship status. Airi just really wanted to some time to sort things out. Since then her and Yoko were basically striking up conversation and she supposed getting to know each other. The long and short of it was Yoko was everything Airi couldn’t be. In the end Yoko would make a better shinobi than her…but Airi for some reason was still adamant to continue the path despite herself.

So here she was in the Susukino district. She had used Maikeru again to leave a message for Maru this time with Airi saying she wanted to sit, have a normal meal, and discuss their future. Needless to say Airi was not about to do everything Maru wanted and she hoped he respected that. She felt like this was more or less a business meeting than anything else. Airi decided she would head to the restaurant she went with Osuteno all those many years ago. Really it was only three but Airi thought it made things sound better. Airi had her hair tied back into a more elegant pony tail with a fiew strands coming down around her face. She decided to pick up a Kimono with Maru’s money so she matched him better.

Yoko wanted one that was black and sexy while Airi wanted something proper and preferably pink. Needless to say a black drop with pink sakura petals was the design they agree upon. Though the modesty was still kept since it technically was her body. She bought a nice pair of hair ornaments to help keep her hair in place…incidentally orange and black. Yoko much to Airi’s protest encourage her to do at least a foundation of makeup. Why Airi had no idea but Yoko seemed to want to be as beautiful as possible. Airi had left feeling like a very different girl when she looked in the mirror.

As she entered the Restaurant she noticed the ornate middle waterfall the slowly rolled into the garden area. It sort of amazed her how they did this but the natural backyard garden atmosphere put her at ease. Going up the stairs to the balcony area Airi sat down at the table making sure her legs were under her. She was holding herself as well as she could keeping her manners high. Yoko told her she needed to catch Maru off guard if she wanted to land any serious blows again him…what would he think of proper Teenage Airi?

She frowned a bit though…”I’m not going to wear the mask Yoko” She could feel the disappointment. ‘Airi he wears a mask it’s like a Yamamoto thing…’ Airi shook her head. “I will only wear a mask when it is required of me, I wish for people to see my true self.” Yoko chuckled to herself, ‘Then should I just always been on the outside?’ “Shhs you…” Airi looked and saw the server giving her a weird look. Airi smiled and said, “I’ll take some Gyoza, Kaarage, and some hot tea.” The server awkwardly acknowledged and then went away.

Thinking about it now she knew very little about Maru’s likes and dislikes. “I need to put in an effort tonight.” Airi nodded to herself and heard in the back of her mind, ‘Go get him Fox.’

[Topic started requesting Maru]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
‘Well this is surprising.’ he thought, it's been a while since him and Airi actually hung around. Since the whole reveal that he was her real father Airi seemed to be avoiding him however though she haven't noticed he was always around one way or another. Little goblin like creatures hid in the shadows when she was out in public. While they couldn't be everywhere since he asked them to give her a bit of privacy when she was doing training or going to a place where it seemed to be high ranking shinobi would be. He also told them to get out of there if they ever got noticed. Being a creature that commands youkai really have its perks since literally anything could be one, a ghost friend could constantly follow his daughter, he replaced some of the old looking items that she wouldn't miss like an old slipper with a tsukumogami that hides in her closet to check on her while she slept soundly, small Oni's always peeking from around the corner then ducking away. And occasionally Maru himself would shapeshift into a random person to always see what she's up to before heading off to the hotspirngs. It wasn't 24 hour surveillance by a long shot, it's merely popping in and out to see if she was doing okay like checking on a toddler to make sure they aren't trying to swallow a toy or nothing. Maru although getting close to Yoko Hooman haven't really gotten a chance to hang around Airi Hooman, Yoko was sweet little girl plus the hunt they did seemed to make her happy. He pretty much treated Yoko the same as Airi however now it was time to try to bond a little more with the human side now that Hooman Airi wanted to meet him.

After hearing from Maikeru that she wanted to see him at susukino district at a restaurant, have a normal meal, and discuss their future Maru took in a deep breath. ’Its alright, we'll get back on track eventually. You broke her last time, don't do that again.’ he gave himself a pep talk as got into his splendid black palanquin and as he sat down two huge demon servants picked up the handles of the palanquin then began to carry the youkai to his destination. Maru looking out the window of his palanquin giggled to himself as he watched people press themselves against the wall upon seeing his Oni's who ignore them completely, materializing a fan in his hand from his foxfire he began to fan himself. As he watched the buildings go by, then they stopped in front of where they needed to be then lowered the palanquin. Maru opened the door, looking at the place where Airi told him to meet her then stepped out. “Not too bad of a spot.” He said then he entered the restaurant. It was hella fancy for his taste, he probably would be paying for the meals and he was fine with that. Walking over to a custom service table he asked where Airi was, then showed a picture of who she was explaining that she was his daughter so they didn't look at him funny. After telling him she was on the balcony and that they will be taking his order in a bit the youkai took his menu walked up the stairs to the balcony to see where the girl sat.

When he saw how his daughter was dressed Maru couldn't help but smile. Airi wore a splendid kimono almost like his only it was black with pink sakura pedals, even with hair ornaments similar to his and make up. Now he could see why waiters looked at him funny when he came looking for her, needless to say she was a beautiful looking young lady. Maru came dressed in his usual outfit of a white kimono that was covered with a in a multicolored haori which had navy blue, gold, and red as it's patterns giving him a slightly more nobel appearance. A festival kimono shawl hung over his shoulders like a cape with the same pattern as his hair that had a feather design which would remind a person of the feathers of a peacock, matching hakama pants and getta that clopped on the ground as he walked. Nine white bushy tails moved behind him from side to side, each one looked around the side of a pillow due to him fluffing his own tails up and at the end his tails were tipped with brown fur. Maru walked over to Airi, then greeted her. “Well don't you look beautiful today my lovely Hooman. You look even better than me even without a mask.” He complimented, though he thought the outfit would be a hundred times better with a mask on but he guessed wearing mask 24/7 wasn't really her thing.

Maru now sitting across from Airi fixed himself so his tails didn't make him uncomfortable, opening up his menu he glanced at the kinds of food that they had. “So… anything new? Got my modeling gig rolling so that's good yeah? I know you're alright in terms of well being but not sure about what's going on behind the scenes.” He asked putting his menu down wanting to hear what the young kunoichi had to say.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi could hear her father’s approach much more quickly than he himself showing up. Airi pinched her nose a bit as an air of dramatics started to flow through the air. Maru...san... Airi heard the rumors of demons carrying a nobleman and could only shake her head. Of course she did not expect him to show up like a “normal” person. He would always do things as he saw “normal”. Airi was now a part of this normalcy and would embrace it. This was now her normal and while summoning demons might one day be her thing…currently it was her…father’s…thing. Youkai blood flowed through her and even took over her spirit guardian. She needed to embrace who she really was if she wanted to get stronger as well.

As Maru came into the room Airi blushed slightly. If nothing else she still thought her father was really handsome. As he sat down Airi gave a polite smile and began to pour her father some of the tea that was brought to the table, carefully pulling back her sleeves in a fashion her mother taught her. She had briefly walked by the Yamamoto Clan building in the Seki district…she wanted to be proper in places like this to show she could handle herself. After finishing pouring his drink she took in his attire.

White to contrast her black almost made her chuckle, the multitude of colors made him look like a moving mural or painting. He was vibrant, full of life and would draw the eye of any in a crowd. Maru in her opinion was more of a force than a person. It would inspire some and intimidate others. Maru was above tradition and rules, he did what made him happy…Airi was uncertain if she could follow that example…but all things came with time. His nine-tails still pissed off Yoko and Airi could feel her animosity. ‘Airi we need to train harder…one tail is just pathetic if that is who we come from…’ Airi mentally quieted Yoko down…

Airi had not realized the small silence until Maru spoke. She got lost in her head again. Maru complimented her though she had to smirk a bit as he called her Hooman. Yoko had warned her about the name which she venomously hated. Airi…found it weird but overall if that was what Maru wanted to call her…it was sort of his right. ‘No it’s not…it’s a stupid name…’

“Ma…ahem…Oto-san…I highly doubt I look better than you without a mask but I appreciate the gesture…it feels weird to dress like this…I am glad it is appealing.” Airi was slightly nervous…trying to impress him with her attire even though he had supported her the last two years saying she was good. Maybe she was trying too hard?

Maru went on to mention his modeling career and Airi smiled happily, “Oh that’s great! I was wondering how Kawaii was doing with managing. She must be busy.” Airi hadn’t seen Kawaii in a long while…hopefully she was doing well. She wondered what she thought about their new relationship. As the server came over and set down the appetizers, they left and Airi began to put some of the food on plates for her and her father. ‘Wasn’t this supposed to be a fun meeting Airi?’ Airi mentally bite back, ‘Well accepting him as your father makes sense you didn’t have one before.’

“As for me…I have my, exams coming up.” Currently she was still an Anbu in training nearing the end of it though. She called it an exam but it was more an initiation, to confirm if she was really ready to become Anbu. Yoko apparently gave away some details…she figured Maru knew she was in the program now…Yoko also had a feeling parents didn’t want their children to become Anbu, the mortality rate was pretty high.

“So yea…I wanted to discuss with you…where we wanted this relationship to go. What you want me to do…I wanted to make it clear I want to stay a shinobi…at least until I find someone to potentially have children with…and that person will now require your blessing.” Airi felt nervous talking about this, she sipped her tea which shook only enough for a trained eye to pick up.

“What does it mean to be a Yamamoto…what of the massive clan hall in the Seki district…I have no idea what I should be doing and if you…if you…” Airi felt her speech giving out…a wave of insecurities passing over her mind that Yoko could only sigh and watch with displeasure…

“If you…even want to pursue being…a parent…” She was not in fox form which helped hide her feelings except for the fact she wore them on her face. “I just…don’t want to be a burden and if friendship is easier we can just stay like that. I really enjoy our time together…this whole thing just complicated things and I don’t want to anchor down your life. I…well…I think you know what I mean…”

‘Airi stop babbling and be firm…we are one strong woman…’

“Right…?”

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maru took the tea after Airi poured it for him then kindly thanked her, he took a sip of his tea and he was blown away by how it tasted. Guess when you were raised in a tea shop naturally you could pick up on some things, Maru's ears perked up holding the cup with both hands. "This is some really good tea!" He exclaimed, the youkai was usually loud and proud so naturally he would often yell a lot. As he took another sip of his splendid tea, Airi seemingly doubted that she looked better than him even without the mask. Maru still believe that he had a burn wound on his face since he still doesn't look at himself without a mask on or without his face covered using the shadows. Besides he doesn't trust mirrors since every time he looks into one there's always a guy who dresses like him and mocks him by copying his movements. Nonetheless she seemingly was interested in the whole modeling gig that Kawaii had him doing and when she asked how she was managing he realized that she haven't really seen her. "Oh! She is doing fine with managing and stuff. I actually found a way to give her more of a fleshy body thanks to my new Youkai powers. Hang on!" Maru reached underneath his mask to pull out a shikigami then put it to his ear like a phone. "Hey there Kawaii, Hooman Airi wanted to ask how you were doing… Mhm… Mhm… wait huh? You coming here? Now!"

Poof!

The shikigami turned into a cloud of smoke, then materialize a beautiful blonde haired woman. Kawaii seemed to look more grown up then how she looked when she first saw Airi, she was about the same height as Maru now and was wearing a pair of shades over her eyes. Her pigtails were longer, dressed in the finest designer leopard print coat and black heels. Kawaii move her shades up to her head then looked down at the fancy dressed Airi. "Well don't you look grown up. Last time I saw you, you were like… what twelve?" the busty blonde asked. After that she remembered about the whole managing thing and Kawaii looked at Maru almost forgetting that about showing him the cover to his next magazine. "Oh! I got the next cover idea Fido. Look at this and tell me what you think? Maru eagerly looked at the paper that Kawaii contently pulled out of her cleavage that was neatly rolled up like a stroll. "Hey they used my nickname too as the cover, here Hooman check it out. Might need to add 18+ since the actual content is very lewd but heck can at least show you the cover" Maru revealed the cover to Airi since it wasn't that dirty anyway.
The Cover!
oTm4azI.png

Once Airi got a good look Maru rolled it up, then handed his cover design back to Kawaii. "Oh exams?" he said, it donned on him in that moment that she was a Anbu since Yoko kind of give away her profession. Now he wasn't against her training but he was against her actually doing combat related work, not to mention he had little to no respect for the Anbu and he believed Airi wasn't Anbu material. It wasn't that she lacked strength, it was mostly because it was a dirty business and he would lose that sweet innocent girl he met for some sociopath. Now just a while ago she wanted to avoid corruption, she was a youkai but unlike how other demonic parents who constantly badger their kids about giving themselves to evil Maru wanted her to avoid becoming a killing machine all together. With a sigh Maru took a sip from his tea, listening to her for now to think of the best way to answer her.

After she finished Maru had looked over at Kawaii with a puppy dog eyes, she nodded then went off to see if this place had anything to drink then after him and Airi had a little privacy he decided to put his cards on the table. "Okay, first and foremost I am willing to be a parent to you. I am actually arranging for you to come live with me if you are willing to since I need to keep you close, but if you are against it I can always assign some youkai to be your bodyguards from some of the rogue demons around or even people if it came to it. I mean the bodyguard thing is working so far but I'll like you to like know so you don't get scared." He said, taking a sip of his tea. "Preferably if you want to live with me in the spine, then it'll be easier to keep you guarded. As for the shinobi I am willing to let you continue but I would like you to not go to this exam and leave the Anbu for something that will fit you better." he set his cup down, since she was grown up Maru spoke to her in a stern tone. While he held her hand most of the time he couldn't aid her in suicide.

"Now I get it, you want action and you're young but being in the Anbu not only is it a death sentence it also is known to corrupt. You will have to kill women, men, and even children who break the law. Now while I think you would be strong physically, the mental scars of the Anbu is evident. A good majority of the people who go missing are Anbu, worse than that you don't have room to pick and choose what you do. This branch will overall make you unhappy, and you will slowly turn more and more evil the more you stay in this branch. Us Yamamoto's are known for their pure hearts and loyalty, the Anbu will overall mess over both your loyalty and your pure heart." Maru stood firm on his decision to make her leave the Anbu to choose something else, Yoko might be mad since she was the part who always seem to prove herself much like he did. But the Anbu wasn't no place for Airi and Yoko. "Preferably I believe you should join the main branch, become a diplomats to aid in negotiations. That's a better fit for you plus you still help by maintaining kumo's alliances. That or the medics since that branch too involved little combat plus in times of need you can join a Anbu team on missions to heal them or keep them alive. The medics and the main branches are something you and Yoko would be fine in without risk of corruption. Plus you won't need to fight. Sooo… since you wanna continue to be a shinobi then I would like you to find something else that you will enjoy doing rather than something that is going to make you unhappy… So Anbu out of the question. No one is happy in the Anbu, the Anbu is meant for evil people, the Anbu is overall a hell hole and I don't want you a part of it" He said firmly, there seemed to be no changing his mind in this matter since he had a real opinion on the Anbu as a branch.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi nodded in agreement as she herself sipped the tea. She had not made it at least not at the base, she had taken heated water and the powder, mixed it and poured. As such Airi gave a small smile of satisfaction, “Yes I do appreciate a good cup of hot tea.” Airi mainly used it to soothe her throat, whatever Yoko did in her free time seemed to wear it out. ‘Talking and singing mostly…’ Airi could only imagine the poor souls who had to hear Airi’s voice sing…but to each there own. ‘Man…self-deprecation really is the Yamamoto specialty isn’t it?’

Airi nodded as he began the mention that he found a way to give Kawaii a more physical body. ‘WAIT HE CAN DO THAT!’ Airi herself was surprised but the shouting in her head caused a slight headache. Suddenly without any time to prepare a puff of smoke and a…very mature looking Kawaii appeared. The animal skin was only put to shame but her exceptionally large blond hair. She screamed foreigner…but Airi was more so just amazed. Airi could hear the tiny bit of floor give way to weight. Kawaii was very much here…’Airi we need to get you a new normal body so I can handle all the dangerous stuff. Really it is for your best in…’ Airi shut the mental door trying to drown out Yoko. Airi still had primary control and while she did…

Airi nodded at Kawaii’s question, it really had been over a year to year and half since she last saw Kawaii. Airi also tried not to stare at the...assets…Kawaii seemed to have… ‘Hey no envy Airi! We will develop just fine. Just look at Maru, you think your grandmother wasn’t a looker if she made that!’ Airi nodded though looked down at the cover. It was dark and really gave off a creepy vib. Maru rolled it up once Airi finished inspecting it. “I think it is lovely, though you may want to consider Anti-hero or tragic hero stories so people do not think you are a villain.” Airi thought that was the whole point but if he was having fun…who was she to judge.

After Airi finished speaking with Maru he looked at Kawaii and she left the room…which suddenly caused the atmosphere to change to a more serious mood. Airi decided to give Maru her full attention, hopefully Kawaii would stop the appetizers from coming in…servers always seemed to ruin the mood by asking how everything was right when it would mess with things the most.

Maru cracked her heart with a bat right from the get go. He lead with saying he wanted to be her father…Airi’s eyes were already welling up with tears that she suddenly wished she had a mask. ‘See I told you…now he has to continue while watching his daughter about to cry. Get your fluff together…I’m actually embarrassed…’ Airi held back as much as she could…she was a cryer…something that could never be broken no matter what the Anbu did.

Maru made two points very clear, one is that while he desired her to move in with him he would allow her to stay separate…second he wanted her out of the Anbu. ‘Good job keeping the secret Yoko…’ She could feel the push back, ‘He was going to find out regardless with the demon guards…you might as well embrace it and get it over with.’ Maru went on to speak about how Anbu will literally end Airi as herself, she would be miserable. Yoko on the other hand, ‘Yes…yes…yes I love it!’ Airi shook her head, though Maru might take this as her saying no to him. ‘Maru is our father and would never lead us down a path he himself sought as wrong. We need to respect that.’ A pause in her mind, ‘You are literally an entire ball of anti-fun aren’t you…?’ Airi smirked at that.

Airi nodded once Maru seemed finished. ‘Well Yoko…’ a heavy sigh…shuffling…wait how did she shuffle? ‘Main branch…I doubt you trust me with the sick and weak…plus you have zero ability to keep people alive.’ Airi face puffed up a bit as she was sort of pissed at Yoko…looking at Maru whom she really needed to tell that she open communication with Yoko went on to say, “Yoko desires to know if you live in a house with niceties or a bare bones cave. That determines if she agrees to go. As for your other proposal…” Airi thought about how many missions she went on that involved killing…she really did not get any pleasure for doing it. ‘Speak for yourself…’ “We are in agreement to join the main branch. As such I will speak to the Main branch Sennin about a transfer and a desire to take my Chunnin Exams.” Maru wanted her in foreign affairs…Airi could already feel the pressure of that. ‘It’s no big deal Airi, worst case you let me win them over.’ Airi could only think about how much of a pass she would make on that.

Airi felt a little embarrassed but then she reached into her Kimono. “Well since you had…agreed…” Airi placed the paper on the table and slide it over. On it would be the terms for adoption…On it Airi was requesting that Maru be fully recognized as her father figure and she would adopt the clan name. On it, was already signed by Airi. “I have no idea if I can hold it…but I would like to be formally recognizes as Yamamoto Hooman Airi of course everyone else will go by Yamamoto Airi but for legal sake…I wanted to respect your naming…of course if you like me to stay Irie Airi I can…but well…you know…” ‘Dear god Airi shut up…I cannot believe you are accepting Hooman…idiot.’

Airi would place her hands before her. She was putting on a strong and to be honest not very trained front. She wanted Maru to make this choice on his own. If he wanted her to take on the clan name or not…

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maru chuckled at Airi, to believe that he was just living in a cave in the mountains like a animal was pretty amusing. In a way he wanted people, the village rather to believe that he didn't have a home so he wouldn't be taxed or have to pay rent. After all no one would show up to a cave entrance guarded by demons plus there's weather manipulating youkai there that would make the path dangerous for a person to go. "Okay, while I do live in a cave I did some sage stuff to make it a better living environment for me and my pals. But I can assure you I live in a actual house that is hidden inside of the cave." He thought about it for a moment, trying to think of the best way to explain how his home looked then snapped his fingers. "Like you know those mystical caves that have a secret underground world within them? Picture that only instead of their being a forest with a hot spring there's a big grassy field leading to a house where i keep my youkai and tsukumogami hidden… well kind of like a traditional Japanese style temple but I'm sure Yoko would like it." He explained, hoping that she would at least consider it or give living with him a trail run.

Happy to hear that Airi would at least leave the Anbu to go to the main branch instead, he couldn't help but smile at the thought that she won't be going in those dreadful missions. Exposing someone to that kind of environment, especially a half demon, was bound to end in disaster so he was thankful that his Airi would leave. Not to mention the people at the main branch would be more supportive so she would at least get a good job rather than becoming a killer. "I'm glad you saw my side of things, I promise you'll enjoy being in the main branch better than the Anbu." He promised, besides there was a few subbranches that would fit Yoko as well so he figured it was a win-win. Taking a sip from his tea, he was outright satisfied with the outcome. He looked down at the papers she had slid his way, adoption papers that made the whole thing official legally. He took a glance at the papers, then looked up at Airi who actually accepted her name. Both the Yamamoto Name and the name he given her. He pulled out his mask a bit to get a pen, Maru looked at Airi again. "Hey relax I don't mind you taking the family name nor do old man Yamamoto, not like you need to impress us or anything. They are at least hooman." He nodded. Writing his signature down on the line, then just like that she was adopted! He knew the other Yamamoto's would like her, especially old man Yamamoto wife since she loved kids.

"So Hooman…" he thought, figuring that while it's still on his mind that he should actually ask. "..I gotta wonder, you said that you wanted to be a monster slaying paladien before you met me, right?" Maru was actually curious, he felt like he was better than most demonic parents since most of the Youkai parents tend to push their children to cause the end of the world or something. "Like, you and I both inherited the blood of some really really really really really really really… really bad youkai. How do you feel actually being related to me? Like I know Yoko would love my normal but I'm not sure if you would like it, you get me?" He although happy didn't really know how Airi felt about him actually being her father, like it's one thing to know that you are friends with a youkai with some high ranking demon blood but it's another thing to actually be related to a literal family tree with actual demon gods. Heck Airi even had the Lord of the underworld Enma as her great grandfather which would kind of scare some people off if they knew it to be true.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maru explained to her that the cave was edited slightly via his sage powers so that it was more like a hidden home. This caused Airi to feel better though it did sort of raise a question. “What about the estate in the Seki district?” Not that Airi was dying to live in a large building…though she also was worried about living with a bunch of demons. ‘I could just stay in my apartment…the land lord is –‘ A loud voice called into her head. ‘Lame! Airi we are either moving into a big fancy house or a hidden one. We have standards. We need to show the humans of the world that we are powerful and to not be messed with.’ Airi could feel a cold sweat breaking as she imagined trying not to break anything. Yoko wanted to be a big fish in a big pond, where Airi just wanted to be small. They would always conflict on this…

“Yoko and I of course will come for a few weeks and at least try it out. It would save us rent as well. Plus we could always move back if things do not work out.” Nothing would be set in stone, though even stone could be changed by a shinobi’s will…nothing was permanent in this world. That’s what she was trying to say.

Maru promised her that she would indeed be happier in the Main Branch than with the Anbu. She nodded, “I’ll considering teaching or as you said foreign affairs, or maybe get into mission dispatcher or maybe a secretary at the Tower.” Those all seemed well enough right? If she had to be honest getting a job in the Tower would probably be the coolest. Plus it could kind of still align with her desire to join the Raikage guard. She wanted to protect people…would main branch give her the ability to do that the best?

Maru looked satisfied…had he thought we would put up more of a fight with the Anbu thing? ‘Well duh if it was me I would have taken everything of his worth and then agreed to leave Anbu. You just handed it to him!’ Airi wondered if this open channel thing was such a great idea. ‘Yes it is, this is still quite the abusive relationship. If you don’t let me out then I might not let you out, do you really want to be fighting over control?’ Airi did not particularly want to do that plus she already felt a little bad for Yoko. ‘Yes…give into your guilt.’ Airi slammed the mental door again.

Airi took the paper back after it was signed. He said she did not need to worry about about impressing them but…well noble humans were often ones you needed to impress. Airi would wait and see…maybe they would not even need to see her. She had no idea…Maru seemed more on the Youkai side than the human…though considering Airi was mostly human…? She could feel herself getting confused and thus…decided that thinking about it would no longer be of help to her.

Airi felt her hair stand up when he mentioned how she originally wanted to be a monster slaying paladin. She felt pretty bad about that now…almost amazing how priorities change over the years. Maru busted out almost a rap beat of really before saying that they were related to some terrible Youkai. She could feel Yoko nodding proudly at that comment and she could feel herself mentally glaring into Yoko. Yoko continued to nod thinking about how becoming a full-fledged Youkai was her goal.

Airi on the other hand had a very important question to answer. How did she feel about being related to Maru? As Airi finished off her tea she set it down, making sure to use her pinkie as a cushion and then spun it a bit. All about perspective huh?

“I would not say love…I care for you…and worry. I certainly have not adjusted to seeing you as a father figure. I still see you as an important friend. Probably even Best friend…” Him and Rinko her were her one and two, though she had really been neglectful to Rinko. Airi smiled though, tilting her head slightly. “Your normal has become my normal…I see you often, and I sort of accept you and what you do. I obviously do not know everything, but coming to this village and handling Youkai have become a staple in my life. I love Jezz and the hido...hindo...tama?, and I am certain to come to love the others. Even if you were not my father I doubt things would change all that much. Knowing my past and what I really am will only make me stronger as a person."

Airi shifted a little and opened her eyes. “I just hope I can be something close to what you imagined having a kid would be or well I guess to say a human kid. I hope you can still live the life you desire and maybe I can be a part of some of those. I’ll try to support you like you have been supporting me.” Airi always felt like Maru was holding her up and she could never return anything. Now was her time to show him support and be the best she could. She had no idea when or how she would speak to her family and figure things out but for now…none of that really mattered. She just wanted to be a center of happiness for everyone she met. Regardless of when or how she met them.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
'Seki district?' Maru thought. That was honestly too close to civilization than he would like to be since he dealt with youkai and supernatural objects. Besides, adoption was a bug-a-boo and was a huge tattletale hence why he didn't actually live with the Yamamoto family, perhaps he should explain it a bit more so Airi would at least get an idea of what he had to deal with if he actually moved into the big house rather than the hidden one. "Uhhh… I prefer the hidden one since I don't need to hide what I am, you know if there is a large number of youkai around we create a weird fog created from fear. And if a friendly neighborhood onmyoji, demon hunter, or some curious person feels that kind of aura I think it would end badly for a few of my youkai or probably myself if it's a good looking lady." Maru explained, gesturing his hand outward. "It's one thing to have a demon pop in and out of the village whenever they want to but another thing to have demons living in the middle of the village. At least in the mountains my weather manipulating youkai could shoot storm justu, make it colder, or use their wind manipulation to make it hard for those guys to find them. They are taught that our very existence is bad and that we are all evil creatures…" 'and most of us are after all.' Maru thought the last part to himself, not wanting to make Airi feel uncomfortable before she actually sees what's living with him would be like. After all his home was extremely… normal. Like you can talk to your sheets and you lamp kind of normal since Maru replaced a good portion of his belongings with tsukumogami's. Maybe he should work on making Airi's room so it would seem to be more private like how his room is most of the time. Inuzuka are known for hoarding a lot of their animals, only instead of dogs with Maru it was demons and paranormal items.

When Airi told him that her and Yoko would give it a trail run Maru nodded then smiled at Airi. "If you want could arrange a few youkai servants to pick you guys up in the palanquin or send my horseless ghost carriage tsukumogami that way you don't have to walk all the way there." Maru offered, since he had like a lot of youkai and was continuing to recruit some youkai in the area he figured they wouldn't mind picking Airi and Yoko up if he asked them to. Thinking about how Kawaii being a spirit herself she became more and more real as she started interacting with people a lot more. Airi seemed to be struggling with balancing her and her spiritual sister inside of her. Maru rubbed his chin at the thought since he could almost read Yoko's mind about becoming a full youkai. He never really thought about it before but he could create a youkai body for her, maybe even a tsukumogami if she still wanted to help Airi by fusing with her. She won't be a full contract but she'd have a body nonetheless. "You know if this thing with Yoko and you having to share a body I can help you with actually manifesting her if you want." Maru put a hand on his chin, he honestly didn't know why he hadn't thought about it to begin with. "Like, with my power it'll be easy to make her into a cursed Tsukumogami or even a youkai. I honestly think a tsukumogami would be better since it'll pretty much enhance the powers you two already have together. Yoko would still be able to take control however if she's a living artifact she can share her abilities, make you more accurate, minimize damage, and you guys could even share justu knowledge. The Soul Regalia come in different forms but I'm sure you guys could work together better that way." Maru offered then shrugged.

"Not like she would go anywhere like the contract world until you actually meet the overlord, she'll still be living in you but you'll be able to create a body for your sister. Plus easier on me since I don't have to assign you a bodyguard, we can have Yoko herself keep you safe." Maru felt smart, who else would be a better fit for a youkai bodyguard besides Yoko herself plus they will be able to actually work together which is another good thing. He wasn't exactly separating her since Airi would be creating Yoko's physical body whether it be a Tsukumogami or a Youkai but at least they would have a option other than actually fighting over one body. Yoko would be more astral but at least she'll be able to touch things despite her strength still depending on how strong Airi is, he didn't know what made him offer but he could at the very least think of Yoko too since she was like a sister to Airi or close to being one.

Maru took in the young kunoichi's words, although hard seeing him as a father figure which he didn't blame her up she still looked at him as a best friend. She accepted his normal, not only accepted it but she come to love his normal at least. That he was glad to hear… "Good to know, trust me I had considered taking you in before. I guess finding out you were like my real daughter was kinda that final push." He smiled, happy to hear that it wasn't a problem him being her actual father and not that stepdad dude. After their conversation, Maru looked at the menu that the restaurant had then flagged a waiter down. "29 bowels of Fried Tofu…. Nah make that a even 50 bowls. Oh and you guys have rice wine here right or Sake?" He asked the wait- wait it was a waitress? Maru instantly tried to put the ol' Maru charm on the lady. Maru reached out to touch the waitress thigh then proceeded to flirt with the woman. "Oh and with that how about your number and bra size. It's for my resear-"

Smack!

Maru giggled goofyly to himself with a red handprint on his face, the angry waitress stomping off having someone else take his order. "Heh heh.. See the way she jiggled as she stomped away?"

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oto-san began to explain that when a larger number of Youkai got together the general atmosphere started to build up a fog of fear. Airi nodded as he spoke thinking about the research she had done about Youkai. Legends always spoke about malicious smoke or dangerous fog. As such people who were hunters of demons or purifiers might just come and try to clear them out. Most Youkai were not good for humanity…so it made sense why her father preferred staying outside of the village. Maru wanted to keep himself and his other Youkai safe. Airi could understand that. Maru began to mention how he had Youkai that blew powerful storms to keep people away. It honestly only made her feel bad that they had to hide like that. Oto-san was an expert and if there was any other way, he would have already worked to do it. All Airi could do was sigh and give a wary smile.

Maru listened to her about how both she and Yoko agreed to live with him and then he asked if they wanted one of his…his…things to come and pick her up so she did not have to walk. “I don…” ‘AIRI!!’ Airi flinched and placed a hand on the side of her head. ‘We always do things your way! Your father travels like this it’s basically a family tradition. If you do not start to accept everything that comes with the name Yamamoto and what is normal you’ll never get close to him. All you ever talk about is accepting Youkai and stuff yet when it comes stuff like this you always think to the opposite.’ Airi felt herself having a shocked look. Yoko was right. Airi was being two faced about this. If anyone could see Yoko right now it would be with a smirk and a victory sign. Airi rolled her eyes and said, “On second thought, it would probably be safer for travel purposes and it is normal for you, so better to experience things from Yamamoto’s perspective. “ ‘Go for the Ghost carriage it has a better feel the what Maru uses Palen…whatever…’ “Yoko believes that the palanquin is better for you so we will stick with the carriage.” Airi looked a little uneasy but figured if this made Yoko and more importantly Maru happy, then it was worth doing.

Yoko and Airi’s mouths dropped when Maru started comment on something that Yoko herself had complained about. “Wait you can read our minds?” Yoko was not so much surprised at it was Airi’s emotions that pushed over onto her. Kitsune were said to read minds…it only made sense. Airi blinked a bit as Maru went on and she said, “Soul…Regalia…?” Sounded really cool but whatever that meant. 'Wait if you can officially hear me, then Airi doesn’t need to say what I am saying. Cool.’ As such Maru sort of was in the presence of both his daughters now at the same time.

Yoko decided to voice her problem, ‘Soul Regalia takes what like three second to kick in, with me and Airi as we are now it takes like half a second. Needless to say I have saved her within two and a half seconds. If you want a body guard teach her how to summon.’ Maru was the summoning prince at least in Airi’s eyes. Otani-san had even asked Maru in female form to teach Airi how to summon. Airi smiled though and said, “Aww, Yoko I love you too.” There was a pause. ‘I did not say I liked you, you have my body I need to make sure you do not sacrifice yourself. After you die this is mine you hear me! I do not love you!’ Airi just giggled.

“It is a lovely Idea Oto-san but assigning an additional being might just be the safer option. Yoko has proven to be very fast at saving my life.” ‘Saving your body! You I could care less.’

The waitress came up and set down their appetizers that Airi ordered, then Maru started to order…a ton of food again. Where does he even…? The smack brought Airi back to reality. Airi placed a hand on her forehead as the waitress walked away. Maru would not even be phased by human hand slaps, plus he liked it anyway apparently. Airi placed some of the food on Maru’s side and then put some on hers. As she started to poke it she smirked slightly and said, “So no new mom I take it?” Airi was trying to be funny but in all seriousness she always wondered if Kawaii was basically Maru’s significant other. ‘Pft…like Maru could actually get Kawaii.’ Airi frowned slightly but decided to move over to her next point after finishing a bit of food.

“Oto-san…are you going to marry me off at some point?” Larger clans did that with the woman so she felt it was a fair question. ‘Better not, I am a free Youkai.’ Airi ignored Yoko and kept her eyes fixed to Maru’s, it was hard, to make eye contact with that mask.

[mft]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maru gasped upon the realization that she figured out that he could hear her that quickly if he focused hard enough, now while he couldn't actually read minds since he trained in the art of a nurarihyon naturally he'll be able to see and hear spirits since Yoko wasn't just some imaginary friend. Plus with the whole fox deal with them having the curse of the Kyuubi, it gives him a subconscious knowledge of his kin. He honesty acted as though he couldn't hear her up until now cause he wanted to hear the things that Yoko wanted and thought. "Well damn, guess I gave myself away didn't I?" He scratched the back of his head, looks like finding out anything else Airi would be hiding would be dashed. "Well I guess you could say I can hear what you are thinking Yoko cause you kinda think louder, you being a spirit and all I could hear you as clear as day. Seeing and hearing spirits comes with the whole Master of All Monsters thing I have going on." Maru said, raising his finger as he explained a bit more so Airi didn't get too frightened. "But the bright side is I can't really hear your thoughts Airi, just when you are Yoko is talking that's if I concentrate hard enough." Jashin why didn't he just play like he didn't hear her.

Yoko although wanting to have a body was pretty happy with the arrangement they already had, he nodded respecting her decision since there was nothing wrong with how they were now. He honestly figured she wanted an actual vessel rather than the constant power struggle, guess it would be better for her since it's kinda how they work together so he'll just arrange for another youkai to join up with them. The more the merrier! What he also found interesting though was they passed on being carried in the palanquin but he figured they might not want that since having demon servant's having to carry you around kinda seems like…. slavery? He was sure his youkai didn't mind it since they listen to him but if the ghost carriage was something she would be using he's fine with it. He should probably leave out the part about the carriage having a grotesque demon face on it with…. Yup probably should leave that out.

When Airi mention something about a new mom, Maru's eyeholes of his mask widened in shock with his face then squinted at Airi. "Not now, but one day for sure. One day." He promised her, then rubbed his chin as he just realized something. "Besides… can't go anywhere around your real mom anyway, cause these stupid demon rules. Have you ever heard stories like 'The demon can't enter unless you choose' it's kinda like one of those deals because I've seen you so she is free from my..." Maru held up both his hands then bent his fingers with the word. "Meddling. So if I go anywhere near her some jerk youkai wall blocks me." It was stupid to him but rules were rules besides youkai have short attention spans anyway so they get bored then go find something else to do. Maru took a sip from his tea, and when Yoko said he couldn't actually get Kawaii he chuckled at that part. "I mean I do have her but not in a relationship kinda way, more like a fun no strings attached kinda deal and that's working out great. Nothing serious just fun times." Maru really haven't considered the whole idea of getting serious with Kawaii in terms of wanting to marry her because… well he's been with her too damn long. Like since he was 13 he always had Kawaii around so he figured that actually taking her for a wife was a big step since like, she hasn't actually been able to see other guys until he was like 21… She literally had nothing to compare him to hence why he sent her on a date of her own while he went on his dates. Can't tie down a girl who just barely anyone knew she existed plus humans made better temporary lovers. "Not to mention neither of us age, when they say till death due us part it kinda screws us over since neither of us will die of old age and even if I die I'll still haunt her since the whole spiritual thing. Trust me, it'll get boring if you are suck married with someone for like a thousand years, hence why most youkai prefer human or mortal lovers. Might mourn but at least you'll have freedom." He knew how bad that sounded buy when you sit in a classroom while everyone else gets older and you stay the same age that's when the awkwardness comes into play. But… would you rather watch everyone grow old or stay in the academy for 100+ years? He'll take the growing old any day. Airi was lucky she was on the near human side of her demonhood as of now, otherwise she'd probably be 14 in a 12 year olds body.

While Maru waited for his food after asking another waiter for his tofu, Airi asked him will he ever marry her off and that was an easy question. "Yup! Why did you ask? Is there a guy you have your eye on? Should I prepare some lullaby powder in case he puts up a fight?" Now in demon years you are considered practically adult when you are 13 so it seems totally legal for a 14 year old to get married, drink, or smoke. "If you want I can kidnap this tengu guy, he's alright looking if you ignore the black beak on his mouth. Besides need to patch up relationships with the tengu since I roasted one than ate it over a campfire." Realizing how that sounded, he decided to explain himself. "Uhhh it tried to eat me first. Hey isn't our appetizers look yummy?" Quickly changing the subject, he proceeded to take one of the appraisers and toss it in his mouth.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maru seemed to have wanted to keep it a secret that he could read the girls’ minds. Maru probably enjoyed the unfiltered feelings that the two would think of…not wanting us to lie for his benefit or something like that. ‘Well…he doesn’t have to worry about that from me…only Airi considers your feelings Oto-san.' Airi rolled her eyes at this…Yoko obviously cared about Maru despite what she would want others to think. If anything she wanted to be exactly like Maru which would probably horrify Maru knowing his own self esteem issues. Airi smiled a bit…’We really do lack confidence as a family huh?’ a quick sharp laugh in her mind. ‘Speak for yourself.’

Airi giggled to herself when Maru spoke. “She certainly is quite loud. Hehe!” ‘Damn right I am and none of you forget it!’ Maru seemed to be apologizing and Airi shook her head with a soft smile, then took time to bite into the appetizer. “You know Maru…” Airi chomped into the food and smiling as the mean was lovely…she made sure to finish chewing before continuing, after all she was a lady with manners. “It really just encourages me to be open and honest with you. I could start trying really hard to be secretive…but I already sort of know that you would respect my privacy if I wanted it…so I do not really mind if you can read my inner thoughts.” Maybe that was weird for most people but for Airi…she wanted this to be normal.

Maru had no immediate love interests much like Airi…she had thought a few different boys were cute like Setsu and Momo, but no one had pulled her in yet into those sort of loving feelings. Probably good so she get herself situated. One thing at a time. Maru went on to explain that he could not even see her mom because of a demon invitation rule…huh…Airi had never even thought about something like that before. She knew about that concept from legends…”So even if you had known about me from the start you could not really have met me anyway…” Yoko for once her thoughts felt a shiver, ‘Yea…that sounds about right…’ Airi was still really insecure about the whole thing. Maru said he accepted her but it would take time more than anything for this to become a proven fact.

Airi found a bit of solace in this fact weather it was right or wrong. Maru could be a good father she believed that.

Maru commented on Kawaii and Airi nodded. Opposite gendered friends were fine, they could be friends just the same. ‘Uhh…huh sure Airi.’ Maru went on that Maru and Kawaii did not age so the till death do us part was really awkward. Airi however thought it was cute. “To actually get to spend forever with your loved one…that would be lovely.” Airi eyes sparkled a bit…Yoko on the other hand, ‘Trust Maru it would be miserable.’ Airi disagreed with them both thinking it would be super romantic and lovely.

In regards to the marriage question Airi was a bit surprised. Maru already kind of had plans for her? Maru’s mind quickly moved to kidnapping and the shock and nervous she felt was replaced with laughter. A genuine soft laughter that almost seemed to fill the room. Airi had really laughed probably since her entire time in the village. She had no idea why that concept made her laugh so hard but she had a healthy smirk on her face. “No, no one yet, though I think your Hooman would prefer one that was mostly human looking.” She felt Yoko almost gag, ‘Please kill me, why would you make a stupid joke like that…’ Airi giggled a bit as she finished her part of the appetizer, and finally got around to finishing off her tea before moving to her glass of water.

Airi looked concerned and Yoko started to laugh on the inside. ‘Ea-Ea-Eat a tengu! HAHAHAHAHA!’ Airi switching to mother mode said, “I think maybe offering your daughter might be a bit too much. Though if you request I meet him to see if anything changes let me know. I just hope we can at least consider romantic feelings over…well just straight politics.” Airi always hoped she liked who she married, but if Maru was adamant…Airi probably wouldn’t resist. Yoko would but that was Yoko.

‘Wait…wait! Did he taste like chicken! HAHAHAHAHA’ Airi had never heard Yoko filled with such laughter. It was nice to hear though how morbid it was. ‘Okay…no okay…as long as the person is strong I could care less. I do not want Airi protecting some weakling. At least find someone who fights on par with our real potential.’ Airi did not care about ability. She was a personality girl but Mom Yoko and Dad Maru seemed to be deciding just what was best for her.

As Airi watched as multiple plates with multiple servers came in bringing the fifty plates of food Airi just had not quite registered how much he ordered. Airi attempted to look calm and collect like this was normal. Which…it was actually slowly becoming. “Oto-san…If you approve of the man then I think he’ll be a pretty solid guy…I doubt you would trade me for anything less than magnificent.” Airi smile, trying to relieve some of the pressure this conversation might cause for him.

'pft...Kumo fried Tengu. HAHAHAHA'

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Well it looked like Yoko and Airi didn't have an issue with him being able to listen in on their thoughts. Yoko seemed to be kinda glad that he was able to hear her while Airi simply let him know that it was okay for him to listen to her thoughts. He smirked believing his daughter was simply allowing him so there wouldn't be any secrets between them. "It's alright I trust you, just needed to know what you and Yoko are up to mostly. After all gotta pay attention to all my children so knowing she's okay makes me okay." He explained. "Gotta make sure both my girls are equally pampered." He chuckled at Yoko who continued to be loud and proud, that was his girl alright since he enjoyed being the center of attention even though his lack of confidence seemingly had been inherited by Airi. No wonder why they become friends so quickly.

The conversation took a more serious turn when he told her about the whole rule then nodded in agreement. "Yup, if you were around your mother and if I knew about you or even seen you myself. That damn invisible wall will block me if I tried coming near your human family if your mom wanted me to like… stay away." He said trying to find the best way to explain it. "Think of it like a Youkai restraining order, if the youkai knows about the child then if the mother does want the youkai around then the youkai can't come around. Stupid but it's true." His face soured at the thought but at least there wasn't no such thing as youkai child support, he could imagine if such a thing existed in the youkai world it would have to be due a zashiki warashi who are known to cause bankruptcy. The very thought made Maru scared of the little monster walking in one day to take all of his fortune every month then giving it to one of the women he had a child with… being blocked is one thing but losing all your money? No thank you.

Airi thought like any other human would have and believe it would actually be good to live forever with one person. Perhaps explaining it from the view of someone who likes a lot of people would get her to understand why marrying another immortal is a bad idea. "Okay… but what if some really nice girl comes along and ask me out in like a thousand years from now. If I'm like 1000+ and she has a short lifespan to a good 80 something years at best I can at least give her some of my time versus another immortal who can literally wait out that 80 years and still be fine." He tried to explain. "Well it's bad for me, put it that way. The thought of not being able to have a harem is just… scary." He shivered at the thought, Kawaii was great loved her dearly but he just couldn't exactly see the marriage working out since they both are fun people.

Now he expected Yoko to be amused at the thought of him eating a tengu, besides it was self defense so it was okay but when Airi began to actually take the whole him kidnapping a TENGU for her to marry seriously he instantly started to look a bit concerned. Sure he was joking, but she would literally meet another demon thing like he asked? She must've thought it was one of those humanoid Daitengu who have black angel wings or something. "Uhhh….. sweetheart I was only kidding. Trust me I doubt you wanna be dating some big ass bird dog looking creature. I can almost guarantee you would not want to be seen in public with that tengu, it's like you might as well be dating a pidgin. You don't wanna be dating a big ass pidgin do you?" Maru asked, surely Airi trusted him a little more than he thought, leaning back he put his hand on his head feeling the actual responsibility of taking care of a human child. He took a fork then pointed it at his daughter. "You'll know who is right for you when the time comes, pretty sure they'll be someone who is willing to sweep you off your feet out there. Just do like I do and throw yourself at anything attractive, you're a girl so it'll be easy for you to find a date. Lotta thirsty guys. Just don't date anything that I wouldn't date." He stated before he began to chow down on one of his deep fried tofus that he ordered.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
‘Would mom have wanted Maru stay away?’ Airi pondered this for only a moment before Yoko of course put in her two cents. ‘First of all it’s at least worth a thousand Ryo and you get it for free so be grateful. Secondly, and no offense to our father…but if she committed adultery do you really want the guy you did it with lurking around? I mean heck she probably had no idea until they found you chakra sensitive that you were not your fathers…a mean considering the blood was basically dormant until recently.’ Airi had to nod at this…maybe mom did not know. Though mentioning something when she was leaving probably would have been bad as well. Maybe she was just as antsy as Airi was about the whole thing.

Maru went onto explain that marrying one person who was immortal would be a terrible idea. Yoko was nodding in her mind thinking the same thing. Maru was probably not really made to be a one…one…thing Youkai. Airi would not judge him for wanting to be with multiple people, it was just something Airi would be against for herself. She wanted to be a one lover person. Then again she would also not live forever…so maybe she would feel differently otherwise. Yoko however simply stated, ‘There are too many lovely fish in the sea to get stuck with tuna every night…’ Airi could not help but blush slightly, attempt to eat to cover it up. Sometimes, just sometimes Airi felt like Yoko got along better with Maru than she did.

Maru speaking about the Tengu again and explaining what they looked like just continued on her laughing streak. Yoko was no longer forming sentences…she just wished she could have been there for the whole thing. While the background laughter was silly Airi continued. “Oto-san…I know you are picky when it comes to people. You would probably at least pick someone attractive and even if that wasn’t the case…If it did something good for you or the Yamamoto line I would be willing to settle.” Maru knew Airi did not fear death…what he had never seen was how she cried to Osuteno about dying young. Airi still believe that no matter what she was not long for this world in this line of work. Maru wanted her out of it, but she knew eventually she would give up her life for someone. It was up to Yoko and Maru to understand that at some point. “So if need be…I’ll do my best to make whomever you pick happy and make things work.” Yoko’s laughter stopped and a sigh could be heard, 'Yeghhh…Airi too bright…please go…be selfish or something this hurts Maru and I. Seriously go kick a puppy you have those now.’

“Yoko please I’m serious I just want to do things with my life that at least make someone happier than before they met me.” Yoko made a noise that sounded like puking which caused Airi to put down her food for a moment.

Airi began to wonder though…before their dinner wrapped up. “Also Maru…what are you plans for the immediate future? Like in the next five years…or are you a go with the flow type of person?”

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Listening to Yoko, she seemed to understand the reason why her mother would prefer for him to stay away. Couldn't have the guy lurking around since there was a husband waiting at home and from history these kinds affairs never end well. Especially since the other guy from what Airi told him was like… human as human could get. Besides if Airi lived her life as a human she would probably be within the near human category of her demonhood, she'll be just like any other shinobi girl until like her 13 birthday since that's like when the normal things would begin to happen. It'll be either she would begin changing or demons would just pop in out of nowhere which was the case for a lot of half-breeds. Maru setting his fork down, deep in thought, he picked up the Deep-fried Tofu with his hand then stuff it into his mouth. Chewing Airi could see for a moment how Maru's teeth looked similar to a canines whenever he bit into the tofu but when he is not eating his teeth looked normal.

He chuckled at Yoko, making a finger gun at Airi with his free hand. "See Yoko gets it, if you get stuck with that single tuna if you keep it around too long it'll rot. But don't worry I'm not against marrying a human at least, even if I can't get a harem they only live until like… what 90 years? Could always get out of it one way or the other." He joked though now that he realized it it'll probably be awkward if he married someone and they turned into a wrinkled old person… well he could always pull a youkai and just vanish to the spirit world. That or they'll leave since he was a dog. Whichever comes first though now that he thought about it marriage for him seemed all the round bad since he'll either have to go with an immortal or go with a human then hope for something bad to happen. Perhaps Airi didn't really inherited the eternal youth from him, after all he was more demon than human plus with his practice in the dark arts he didn't age at all. What could he say, growing old is a fear of his.

Maru enjoying his meal after telling Airi what the Tengu looked like, it was kind of a concern that Airi would've actually tried to make things work versus saying hell no from the start. Yoko's laughing more or less was the reaction he expected but he supposed that Airi was nicer than he thought. "Airi I appreciate it… I really do but common. A giant bird person? I know that you can't be bothered with that, if something is going to marry my daughter it'll have to be something I'd date." He explained. "We can't make everyone happy you know? Trust me I'm not going to make you do anything that I wouldn't do nor anything that you wouldn't do." Maru smiled, it was a good thing he could hear Yoko… not that Yoko was smarter but she could at least be the inner voice so no one would take advantage of Airi's kindness.

After Maru cleaned his hands off, Airi asked him for his plans for the future then he began to think. "Honestly I'm a more go with the flow kinda person since I'm not really interested in climbing the ranks… but… I suppose there's one thing I can think of…" Maru clenched his fist then his right eye flashed red, then passionate tears began to flow from underneath his mask. "To make a crossover with the Uwaki and the Foxy Nine-Tail's to do this 'S&M Henati Forum' with nine dominant fox girls and me Yamamoto Yamaru as the masochist being exotically tormented and teased! I can even shape shift into a fox girl if they want a all girl scene!" He wiped his eyes, he said this pretty loud so naturally it would turn some heads. "How about you? What kinda plans you got in 5 years? By the way I'll set up you and Yoko's room for when y'all decide to come over."

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Airi watched Maru eat the first main thing she thought of was a simple, ‘If I chose to really embrace my Youkai bloodline…would or could I end up like Maru?’ Maru never hid himself and that always inspired Airi to be as true to herself as she could be. ‘I am honestly not sure Airi…I wonder if we would switch…like you would be my guardian or conscious and I would be the primary?’ Yoko and Airi were both deep and thought. It was a weird situation they were in. One that they would have to learn to walk together. Her and Yoko and of course Maru…Airi was very thankful that Maru was still here, even if his table manners were not the best. ‘Well normal for him anyway.’ Airi nodded, ‘Yes completely normal for him.’ The two agreeing on something was also weird. She wondered if eventually they would blur into one person or if they would always be separate.

Maru pointed a finger gun at Airi which caused her to look a little confused. Maru was apparently commenting on the fact that Yoko was apparently right about Maru’s situation. Airi nodded…Yoko was smart and she really did seem to be in line with Maru much more than she was. ‘Nice to know if I ever need to know what to get Maru for his birthday I’ll just ask you Yoko’. Yoko was very proud of herself constantly being right today. 'We’ve been bonding at night more than you, since you were so awkward Airi.’ Airi’s face flushed thinking back to the moment where she almost called him a monster. Yoko had saved her during that time making sure she did not say something she would regret. “S-Sorry…Oto-san…” Airi did still feel bad, she lost control of herself which scared her. She had never had that happen before and no matter what the circumstances or excuses. She should not have went off at Maru. It showed her immaturity and somewhere she could improve.

Maru explained that of course he would only set her up with someone whom Maru would be with himself. That sort of threw a red flag up which caused Yoko to chuckle. ‘More importantly, it would be someone I would allow. Thankfully Airi I have stupidly high standards. Teehee…’ Airi admitted that being with a bird, dog face person would not have been her ideal…but needless to say she was thankful at least that he understood her kindness. ‘Seriously though too kind Airi reign it in…people will take advantage of you.’ Airi frowned a little bit pouted as she took a bite into one of the tofu. Airi blinked…it was surprisingly good. Continuing to eat into it she said, “I will…Awayz…make ash mny…people…ash happy ash poshible.” It was probably the first time in a really long time she talked with her mouthful.

Airi could feel the chopsticks fall to the plate. “S&M…Hentai…fourm…?” Yoko really only possessed the same knowledge of Airi maybe a few things not withholding but neither of them have heard of this…Airi could only imagine…she knew what a Masochist was but she had a feeling this was going into places that she should more than likely stick her nose away from. ‘Pretty sure he is a pervert…you might want to shred the adoption paper.’ Yoko was dead pan.

Airi nodded. “Thank you, and I think Chuunin…and then maybe try and get into that foreign affairs or maybe work in the Torre. Maybe be a part time secretary for a Sennin or Raikage. Figure they could use help getting things in order. Otherwise…maybe I’ll find someone and be married by then.” Airi smiled happily, now that she was really working with her strengths and Maru was telling her to not go dangerous paths, maybe she would actually make it out of her teens.

There seemed to be a bit of commotion outside but suddenly an Akita entered the room. She had a light scarf wrapped about her neck with a small box hanging from her neck. The Akita seeing Airi came over and started to tippy tap. Airi giggled and gave the dog a hug. “Yamita-chan! Thank you so much is this for me?” The dog nodded and Airi quickly pulled out the letting inside. Airi read through it quickly and nodded. Airi was about to speak when she noticed the Akita laying on the ground already nuzzled by her side. Yamita was lazy when nothing special was going on, still Airi gave light pets as the contract summon lazed about.

“Yamita-chan brought me a response to a meeting that is being held. I am going to be doing a few training session in preparation for my Chunnin Exams. If I am successful I’ll be out of the Anbu like you want. I may ask you to help me with my training though.” Airi was probably sufficient, Maru had not seen one-hundred percent Airi and he might even be impressed. Little did Airi know of Maru’s dislike for the Canine contract.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Eating his handful of Tofu, he listened to the conversation between Yoko and Airi. He was curious if Airi decided to do like he did and accepted her youkai heritage would that mean that Yoko takes control since she is the demonic half? He would still have Airi but it'll be more like she traded places Yoko instead, Maru wouldn't know how he would feel if that was the case however in the end it was Airi's choice whether she embraces her demonic blood or not. Despite the fact that he did have a normal bonding with Yoko at least, perhaps to make up for his failed attempt at breaking the news to Airi since it didn't go to great. Yoko even made a comment about it causing Airi to apologize for the way he acted, but Maru reached behind his head then scratched. "Oh, it's alright. It was my fault since Yoko explained what I did wrong, between that doll and me making the whole thing seem like a mistake kinda see why you got mad." He explained, it was similar to how Maru calls his youkai Ew an accident since he created her from filth when trying to clean a bathroom. When he asked the doll those questions it kinda made it look like he didn't really plan on having a kid so he wasn't deeply hurt by her actions since it was his fault. Water under the bridge…

When he told his hope for the huge harem he wanted Yoko called him a pervert which was something he never really hid. "Of course, your Papa is a nasty man with a nasty plan for the S&M Hentai. Mwahahahahahahaha!" He laughed wiggling his fingers, acting silly to make Airi laugh before hearing what she had planned for her which was pretty typical for a regular shinobi to want. To rise in the ranks, help the village out by doing some diplomatic stuff, things of that nature. She also believed she'd find someone to marry by then and upon doing the math in his head his eyes widened. "Wait so by age 19 you want to get married? Wait till you're like around 29's or until you have a kid, that way you can date anyone you want. 19 seems too early to be… tied down." He said, she shouldn't give up her freedom when she is barely old enough to leave the nest in the human years. Maru got a whiff of animal fur around that wasn't his own, then as Maru looked around to see if there was another fox girl around he heard a tippy tap then looked down and what Maru saw made him go from his usual self to downright anger. "Fucking DOG!" He cussed slamming his hand on the table, then looked back to see who lost a mutt.

He looked back to see that Airi was hugging the thing, Maru was at a loss of words.. Okay Airi liking dogs he understood but Yoko allowed this horrors beast to get close to her?! Now he was doubting her Youkaism since Kitsune's HATE DOGS! They hate them or fear them but by their being no protest from Yoko he was deeply disappointed in her than he was Airi. As the mutt nuzzled his daughter, Maru poked out his lips then revealed his rows of sharp teeth then growled at the dog. His nose open, his face scrunched up in a scowl and his fox ears it turned up in attention as he growled at the mutt like a wild fox. Then Airi asked him about training her he quickly snapped his head then snarled at Airi, threatening to actually turn into his spirit animal but he calmed his aura that was starting to build. Closing his eyes, Maru straighten up himself then took in a deep breath and calmed himself… "Nope don't think I have the time to train you." He said flat out, then folded his arms. "You made a pact with the mutt's hm? It's okay, it's because you are human but YOKO you dare to let this wrench creature get close to my daughter without trying to eat the damn thing. Airi I think we should consider an exorcist since CLEARLY this thing ain't mine." Maru spat. "Any real fox demon possessed or not would not stand to be around this parasite." He snapped his head then growled at the creature once again, flinching at it as though he was going to pounce. His aura of dread spreading since he was now representing himself as a monster.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maru apologized as well which made Airi feel a little bit better, though in the end they could allow things to pass. With things like these little misunderstandings it was about being mature and accepting. She had never seen Maru get angry or try to hurt her. He seemed like he was really trying to be a good father despite the annoyance or problems Airi was probably bringing him. The Kunochi needed to be a better daughter and try to ease his burden much like he did for her.

When Maru started to wiggle his fingers Airi did give a small soft laughter. Airi of course had no idea what Maru was really saying but Yoko picked up on the weirdness of her father. If Yoko was in control there would have been a very uncomfortable shiver passing over her body. ‘Hey just keep those things away from us and things will be fine. You already flirted with your daughter once that was enough for my lifetime…and mine is a lot longer than Airi’s…’ Whomever could put up with Maru as a father would truly have to be saint or someone who was just incredibly powerful, though if Maru’s standard was picking someone he would date…Yoko shivered again getting weird imagines in her mind. ‘Yea no I’m good…’

Maru began to explain that Airi should not give up on her freedom so quick. ‘Yea seriously girl listen to your father. Just meet people, have fun…’ Airi shook her head. Still worried about the possibility of her expiring before having children. “Yoko you know I am still terrified I will not make to the age of marriage…we are a military after all eventually a threat will come, how can I ever have confidence if I never can gauge a hidden enemy?” Airi looked a little upset. There wasn’t really a solid answer to that. ‘Simple if Maru tells you to run, run. If not then your fine.’ Airi felt a whole lot better when the dog came. Yamita was always lovely but after a moment the atmosphere in the room suddenly changed.

The slamming of Maru’s fist caused both Airi and the dog to jump. The dog itself whimpered as Maru seemed to curse it. Airi looked horrified for a brief moment wondering what was wrong…maybe he thought the dog was trying to steal food or something? Airi was about to apologize but got no time to even formulate what to say. Maru even growled and snapped at Airi something which completely took her off guard. This made Maru angry…'I caused him to be like this.' Airi immediately lowered her face. The pride she had in finding a contract suddenly vanished. Maru was an excellent summoner and Airi was trying to emulate him…apparently that was incorrect.

Maru seemed to calm down after the initial outburst but the air still felt thick…the normal noises of the restaurant were dead quiet as well. It was like everything was making way for Maru trying not to be the focus of his wrath. Airi flinched when Maru said firmly that he would not have time to train her. “ohh…” Airi regretted even letting so much as that out. Maru’s arms crossed but when he started speaking his anger was not actually directed at Airi like she originally thought but Yoko. ‘Wait…Excuse me! Oh no no no no. Airi sweet sweet Airi I have a divine need to speak to our father face to face.’ Airi felt coldness in the back of her mind…she had never felt Maru like this…but she also certainly never felt Yoko like this. Maru was like a grand slow moving vortex...while Yoko felt like the eye of a storm. Airi nodded and suddenly she slouched. The dog next to Airi shivered seeing it’s master collapse. Airi’s body shifted again though when their eyes opened there was a deadpan look with a slow burning ember behind them. They were as close to matching her father’s eyes as they ever would probably get.

"Be gone dog...your not needed anymore." Yamita whimped againa nd the poofed away into a cloud of smoke.

Yoko reached up and pilled the pin out of her hair. She ignored Maru for now as she fluffed her hair a bit and pulled it so it was long going over her left shoulder. She reached up to the Kimono to loosen it…allowing it to slide slightly down showing off her collar bones. Yoko looked down at the small budding womanhood. ‘Soon but not yet Airi…’ The large blushing could be felt as a warm haziness in the back of her mind. Airi had yet to learn how to talk but then again she was neither spirit nor Yokai. ‘Though father seems to disagree…’

Yoko shook her shoulders allow her shoulder's to breath breath, a youthful seductress was born. She reached down and took a bite of tofu…the Youkai smiled happily tasting for the first time in a great while…”Ohh!~ Simply lovely…EEEIIIII!” Yoko switched to her fox form allowing the ears, tail, nails and eyes to come forth. As she chewed she activated the two gates necessary for the stability of the fox form. “Anahata…Manipura…” Two chakra tails appeared behind Yoko…thus now she was all set to meet her father. The three-tailed fox versus the nine-tailed fox. Any fool who could count could tell the straight up power difference but this was a bigger game than just who was stronger. Besides…Airi wouldn’t hit him the way Yoko would.

With a soft tender smile Yoko leaned herself a little forward. Shame there was no alcohol…not that Yoko knew what it tasted like but she craved it all the same. Maru seemed stalwart…pissed…disappointed, she shivered with delight. Another puzzle…another game…

“Oto-san…of wait no…I’m supposed to be mad at you…Horn dog, seem appropriate for the topic.” Maru tried to get at her with her words but she was a Kitsune through and through…she would not be easily goaded, the same though…could be said for Maru…A fun game then.

“You think I would be more hurt by you calling me a thing…shame really since I thought we were getting along so well…” Yoko stabbing into the Tofu dish in front of her. Inserting the chop stick into the tofu and very slowly started to separate the hole. “You know I saved your real daughter three times. Three! From certain death…and look who wasn’t there. I sat with your Real daughter when she called out to you in the night…shame it took you hours to show up thank god she called out for fox girls or she might have been dead there too. When you REAL daughter has questions about jutsu or Youkai guess whose still not around with her to give her even the basics while she fights desperately to understand her own father. I am the one teaching her everything. She asks you to train her…” Airi gave Maru a look that he was pathetic.

Yoko would take the chop sticks and tap on the table each word to emphasize what she said.

“You. Don’t. Have. Time. For. Her?” The whole time her tails were swishing until the last sentence when they stood up on end. “What too busy with your other “real” children? Got a fancy new porno you need to go pick up? Or how about you go stalk some people in the damn hot springs?” She could feel Airi trying to push Yoko back but there was nothing that was going to be done here. ‘Shush child…’

“Do you even know anything about her? Her likes or dislikes? How strong she is? Huh do you Sub-Canine? Or is she just like every other human to you? Can you only tell the difference between if they are pretty or not? If the jiggly bits on top or bottom?” Yoko’s voice was rising ever so slightly her face turning just a ting of pink as her blood started to boil. “Sending small fry useless Youkai to stalk us and yet if Airi got attacked by someone on your level all those Youkai would mean nothing. She would call for help and you would show up to her dead body three hours later with a hangover. Meanwhile, I think to myself…you know what the single defining trait everyone knows a god forsaken canine for…that’s right loyalty. The dog she made contact with would literally die for her. The slug she found thanks to that dog would literally die for her. I wanted things that would be useful and protect her. So yea sure…I bite my tongue. I gave it my respect, swallowed my pride…not love, not happiness…no I gave respect to a being who would do your job better than you. You offered her a Youkai Contract and yet still, still she can’t summon a Youkai. Weird right? Now we find out it is because her father has no god damn time for her. Just like Maikeru who promised he would train her!”

Yoko broke the chop sticks in her hand. Her eyes looked down on the man across from her. She brushed a hand through her hair and sighed. The idiot across form her did not want to really be a father. Yoko believed that to her core. “No you’re going to try and hide her away, put her in a cage or a pedestal. Steal her life until she does what all humans do and resist. She’ll eventually escape and then get into stupid trouble that she was not prepared for because instead of helping her you stifled her. She’ll jump into the fray to save someone and die. Unlike you I’m giving her options to keep her alive biting my own pride for my younger sister that I lo…” Wait no… “That I love…to make into a perfect body for myself.”

‘I don’t love you…’ Yoko’s ears lowered and her tails calmed down and she took a larger swing of her tea. “Selfish jerk…” Yoko had lost the fire, almost saying something she did not mean. Not that those embers couldn't still burn but Yoko constantly felt like she was the parent with two babies. “I don’t like them…I tolerate them because this is the best your stupid thing can do at her current level for your REAL daughter. Bastard father…”

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He snarled at the mutt, then heard Yoko staring that she wanted to speak with him so he turned his attention back to Airi then folded his arms to let Yoko explain why they allowed her to have one of those filthy mutt's to begin with. The very sight of it just ruined his dinner, he didn't understand why in the world did Airi thought bringing such a thing around him was okay. As Airi went limp, he waited… then Yoko took over acting as cheeky as ever. Did this thing not know that he would rip her out of Airi's body then devour it along with that damn dog, luckily the creature poofed away before he had a chance to actually do something to it. Now Yoko was before him, his eyes trained on her with a furious scowl on his face. This thing displaying three tails, ears, nails, attempting to prove Maru wrong that she was a kitsune. But she allowed a dog to get close to her, so Maru still had his doubts despite the little display. Since he didn't hold back while Yoko was around since he figured Airi was asleep or something he didn't hold back the way he normally would do around Airi.

The first excuse to justify not eating the dog that Yoko gave was that he never was around which he never denied, saying that it saved Airi's life three times while he was doing god knows what. What was he supposed to do? He didn't even learn that she was his daughter until recently however he kept silent for now to allow her to continue her rant against him, it was more like he was building up his anger before he spat his venom. She made a valid point that the small fry youkai he sent were only good at surveillance but he was more or less done when Yoko, a Kitsune, his daughter, that would be living with him, with OTHER fox demons he recruited, who think of the dogs the same way as he did, actually RESPECTED THEM. Trying to justify it by saying the creature had blind loyalty for Airi and was willing to die for her as if Airi would let that happen. Unlike Maru, she didn't use things as pawns like he did when he practiced his way of fighting. Closing his eyes there are was a thin purple line in the eye holes of his mask, the youkai clenching his lips closed. Opening one eye when he almost heard Yoko let it slip that she loved her sister before changing it which caused Maru to close his eyes again. Then once Yoko finished Maru remained silent for a bit, gathering his thoughts since he didn't want to turn this into a screaming match. Now that Yoko seemed finished trying to defend herself, it was Maru's turn.

"So the dog is useful because allegedly it will give it's own life for Airi, that's very cute. Almost like how my youkai are willing to be a wall of flesh for me… and my Tsukumogami they let me wear them so I take less damage without a regard for themselves… then theirs a vampire I resurrected that shares it's blood with me so I don't take that much damage at the cost of getting itself killed… and great grandmother Daji who is the most evilest kitsune of all the foxes allowed me to borrow her ability through the Curse of Kyuubi so I gain the powers of a fox…." He said calmly, putting both elbows on the table the glare at Yoko, leaning forward. "So you mean to tell me their AREN'T other creatures besides the damn dogs that can be loyal pawns? From what it like to me, these mutt's are starting to get into your head too. Not only you allowed yourself to respect the dogs which none of my foxes do, but you actually think they are able to help. This proves how utterly useless you are as a Kitsunetsuki, but then again you only have three tails anyway. You got the tails, ears, maybe the blood but you are just like your younger sister. Easy to be taken advantage of and a follower to anything that shows you the slightest bit of kindness." He snarled. Now something like this was expected from Airi, she'd go with anything if they seemed super nice and she already told him before about how she petted dogs. After all dogs are considered cute in the eyes of some humans but to make a pact with one… for Yoko to respect the mutt's… now that was pushing it.

"A Kami would be better than that animal, a Kami! But you and your sister decided to go with a useless animal that cannot even protect itself much less protect you against someone like me. To me it seems like you're thinking with your emotions based on skill, so what if it's willing to die for Airi that's what it's supposed to do but what the hell could it possibly be able to do better than any other creature can't besides whimper and die?" Maru couldn't believe that Yoko was even considering the thing as being anything but useless. Words can't express how disappointed he was, this was who he was about to invite into his home? "Now suppose you actually come to my home in the spine where there are other fox youkai around and Airi's flaunting around dogs. Note these foxes are scared of dogs and the stronger ones even hate them as I do, plus my great grandmother Daji, who is the most evilest kitsune, and who is MY spirit animal, who granted me the power of a fox lives there too. And what do you think she would do to the dog if she sees them? If you don't realize… I am very traditional and times ain't changed that much." He explained. Surely Yoko didn't expect for him to actually make both himself and his other youkai uncomfortable because his daughter wanted to run with the dogs. Regardless was he wasn't going to make the rest of his demons be around something that even he couldn't stand, being half human was acceptable but having a dog would be a big hell no. It's as mad as a Uchiha adopting a Senju if history between the Senju and the uchiha served correctly.

Though… Yoko had indeed figured out a plan of his for Airi which unfortunately came to light hence why he was making her take on less dangerous task. "And so what if I do want to keep her doing desk work, she isn't a fighter at all. Talking, helping, and healing people is the best thing for her since she isn't a soldier. In case you haven't noticed I already know how strong she is and she isn't strong enough to take on the shinobi world." He explained. "Ever heard of a story where a lady hears some screaming coming from outside, then looked to find a demon wheel? Know what happened to the lady? Because she was sticking her nose in other beings business the youkai ate her baby's legs, maybe if instead of getting involved with other people's problems we should like… mind our own business. There's a difference between loyalty and BLIND LOYALTY. I don't even train my actual students to do anything, they mind their business and let someone capable handle it. Cowardly but better to take a desk job then being one of those noobs getting shot." He barked.

"If I don't have time, then that's it. She is going to have to figure it out, I'm not training no one who could avoid trouble by walking away nor will I ever train anyone who has signed themselves over to the dogs. Hate to break it to you but hot springs, porno, hell even dealing with Jeez is better than training a dog lover. It's a simple fact." he spoke harshly. Pushing his hair behind him, he began to look around for Kawaii. This dog incident has already gotten him worked up so he figured that he would be getting nowhere in this argument. "Kawaii! Kawaii! Call my palanquin!" He yelled out. Kawaii emerging from the opening from the inside of the restaurant wine in hand wondered what was going on. "Okay what the hell's going on here. Fido knows better than to yell at me much less command me like I'm some servant of his." the busty blonde smiled but now she was angry now.

Upon feeling the anger coming from Kawaii Maru began to sweat, then all the fight was taken out of him then he held his hands up then waved. "Whoa, Whoa, I was just playing. What I meant was… my goddess could you please call the palanquin so I can…. Carry you in it!" He gave Kawaii a cheesy smile.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okay so you have a bunch of mindless things that die for you. Great, glad for you, but let’s be clear that, this is not about how great Maru was but how weak Airi is. Sure she wasn’t super weak but this conversation was merely on the grounds of fighting things at Maru’s level. Needless to say Yoko completely missed why Maru was slowly listing everything on god’s green earth he could use in combat. Maru wanted to know why she did not outright reject the dogs. ‘No of course they are not the only thing but finding them is not like running to a store and buying it!’ Maru seemed to be of the opinion that if there is a choice between Canines or nothing they should have picked nothing and that flat out was not going to be the case.

Maru calling her useless, weak, and easily swayed like Airi made her have to bite her tongue. The only tell she was mad was the slight movements of her nails against each other almost like a soft scratching. ‘Useless…after all I have done huh…’ Then he bashed her on her tails…she had been concious for what…a few months now? Three tails was not impressive over that time? Well gezz, look at these standards. Yoko was envious of the tails Maru had, it was a display of strength and influence…neither of which Yoko had. Course if she tried to push nine tails on Airi’s body it was certain to start breaking her. Neither Yoko nor Airi were ready for that level…further showing how amazing Maru was. Yoko secretly really respected him…and this hurt hearing him say these things to her. It was probably only Maru who could actually get under her skin like this.

Yoko wanted to go at him saying that they just wouldn’t summon or use them near the Spine but Yoko wasn’t about to plead and beg to him. Maybe he was right, maybe Airi did soften her up a bit…literally a bit…but Maru was pretty kind to them and now she was not going to just bow down to him since he was throwing a hissy fit. Lay down rules, explain things don't act like this…who was really the one who was currently controlled by emotions. He hadn’t even seen Argos, seen what he was capable of. It was simple here…Yoko was not able to negotiate with Maru. Just like his summons…were Airi and Yoko just sacrificial?

Yoko agreed with Maru in that Airi was not a fighter…what pissed her off was that Maru was not accepting that Airi was going to go out and fight anyway. Airi was literally the queen of sticking her nose into things that were none of her business. Yoko tried desperately to pull her back…but she just wouldn’t have it. This usually meant Yoko had to just accept and let Airi do it, trying to offer help when possible. Yoko was not the one in control…she was a “Guardian Spirit”. Not much more she really could do in her opinion. Maybe that’s why she was a failure in his eyes.

As Maru explained that he never taught any of his students anything that pretty much clarified it to Yoko. Yoko could only sigh and feel bad for him. Times…really were not changing all that quickly…there was the simple fact. Maru would never train Airi…their search would have to continue. Yoko had lost her appetite as well. Hell in a hand basket huh. ‘Sorry…Airi.’ Airi at the end of the day was the only one she cared about…that was probably the other problem with her being a failure in Maru’s eyes.

Suddenly Maru called out for his palanquin caused Yoko to look surprised. This was how they were going to end their dinner? I mean sure dinner was done considering how they felt but he could at least speak to Airi again…

Suddenly Kawaii came in and Maru switched up his mask. Yoko simply looked annoyed…letting out another soft sigh again she could feel the sad emotions Airi was pushing. Should she bit the bullet…take a punishment so Airi could be happy? Plead for forgiveness and offer to do anything to appease him? The thought caused her to feel ill…did her feelings for Airi outweigh her feelings for herself? The long and short of it.

No…

Yoko reached forward and finished off her tea. She stretched her arms a little, also knowing full well not to fight in front of Kawaii.“Well since you are setting up to leave I guess that means we should pack up as well.” Yoko stood up and looked over at Kawaii, an expression maybe of pity almost. She had to deal with this everyday…”Well glad we got all the disappointments out of the way. Can only move up from here I guess.” Yoko smiled a pretty fake smile not really caring if they saw through it or not. What did they matter anyway? Yoko felt weird right now…Maru’s words were still buzzing in the young spirits mind. She bowed her head to Maru, “Thank you for joining us for dinner and thank you for your insights. I always get to take something away from our little meetings.” With that Yoko made her way towards the door giving Kawaii another bow before leaving. A slight tear maybe could been on the Spirits face.

Yoko noticed that she was getting quite a few stares and not in the way she normally liked. People knew something bad must have happened. As she reached the front door she felt the cold air blow again her and she shivered. “I’ll…probably pass on going on a hunt tonight Airi…I’m not really feeling up to it.” With that she would begin walking toward their apartment.

Thanking to herself...looks like you'll have to be the one to deal with your dad Airi. Guess I'm just a lone fox now.

[Topic left]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
.'Hmph' Maru grunted, well that could've gone better. If he didn't see that damn dog things would've probably ended differently. It annoyed him that Yoko was looking at Kawaii as if he treated her the same way but he acted like his normal self so Kawaii wouldn't go on to ask him any questions. Their last meeting seemingly didn't go that great which was expected but he at least made it up to Airi with the dinner. Now it seems like he had to leave again with his daughter's other half upset, with their dinner concluded Yoko bowed then left and he… could've sworn he saw a tear running down her cheek. Maru placed his hand on his head, realizing dealing with children with actual intelligence was a lot harder than he thought. As Kawaii looked at him, waiting for him to explain, he jumped to defend himself. "Not my fault, how was I supposed to know she had actual feelings?" He said, Maru scolds his other youkai and they seem to not even take into account his words so he believed that Yoko maybe more human than he actually realized being around Airi. Well couldn't take back what he said now.

"You really have a way with children don't you?" teased Kawaii, putting her sunglasses over her eyes she moved over to the edge of the balcony then whistled. A couple moments later two Oni carrying Maru's splendid palanquin down the street had stopped just below the balcony. Maru feeling no need to walk down the stairs, he climbed on the edge of the balcony then kicked off his perch to land elegantly in front of the door to his ride. The demon opened the door for him then Maru crawled inside, Kawaii using magical barriers like stairs to walk down from the balcony she crawled inside of the palanquin too and closed the door behind her. The two ogre like demons lifted up the palanquin then began to run in the direction to home where they assumed where Maru wanted to go.

The masked Kyuubi looked out the window of the palanquin, it was a real disappointment that Airi and Yoko seemed to fond of being around dogs. Even more than that was this father daughter thing was starting to look a little rocker than he would've liked it to be. Maybe next meeting will be a little better, then again maybe he'll just end up upsetting them both which was a good call on his part for ending the dinner then and there. Well nothing that a trip to the hotsprings wouldn't fix, so he decided to push the whole dinner in behind him for now, perhaps come back to the issue when he can come up with a way to actually understand being a parent to a being with actual human intelligence. Learning step by step he supposed.

[Left Topic]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back