Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Potential Interest [Semi Private]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi had been spending much more time on the academy grounds as of late then she ever had the previous two years. Yamamoto Maru had recently, over the past week, been encouraging her to not do anything dangerous which was starting to really get on her nerves. Airi was a growing young teenager who was only getting stronger every single day, but no Maru wanted her to become a housewife and or a normal citizen. Airi found herself sighing as she walked, “Not even four years ago if someone said I need to become a housewife I would have said yes eagerly…now though…” She could hear the soft whispering in her ear, ‘Sort of annoys you now that you actually feel strong and useful huh?’ Airi could only roll her eyes, “Yoko you know Maru means well, and besides all that you prefer spreading your legs and hunting or did he get to you and start to make you domestic?” Airi could her the soft chuckle in her head. ‘You can’t goad me like that and you know it. He is our father but we control ourselves unless he overpowers us which he will not do since we are women.’

Airi had a clear irritated look on her face as she made her way through the academy building. Airi decided a middle ground approach would be to leave the Anbu behind her and maybe become an academy teacher. Sure she was not a Chuunin yet and thus a teacher’s aide but once she passed a Chuunin Exam she would be granted the title of teacher. She could still go on missions…whenever she could escape Maru’s gaze…not easy…but for the most part never leave the safety of the village. Her goal would be protecting children, and making them into at least mildly acceptable shinobi.

Making her way outside she tugged on the light pink sweater she was wearing, Maru liked her in skirts which she hated but for him she would at least wear knee length ones. Plus it made her look more academy teacher/student like. The fourteen year old brushed her brown bangs out of her face and glanced around with her lavender eyes. No students seemed to be in the area…yet she saw a metal ball on the ground…or maybe not metal but stone? Maybe one of the kids had carried it out here to do something with it, Airi thought to herself.

“Well since no one is around…”

Airi shifted her stance as she held her books, keeping them close to her chest. She turned and allowed her chakra to flow. “Fifth Gate: Gate of Limit… Sixth Gate: Gate of Viewing…” two was her casual limit, three was her max. As such stopping here for a bit of fun was fine. As her gates opened she looked forward and ran punting the knee high stone towards the woods near the forest, as she kicked she might have put a little too much “fun” into it. She watched as the rock flew through a few trees and completely out of her sight…”Oh…Oh my…” Airi watched as at least three trees started to tilt one fall completely… “I…I can fix this…” she silently spoke to herself before remembering…’I can’t use wood jutsu anymore!’

All she heard was loud laughter in her mind, ‘Nice job Airi even I am not that overtly destructive!’ Airi could feel a nervous panic as she slowly walked over towards the forest…just to make sure no one was hurt. After that she needed to check to see if anyone saw her. Another issue she had to handle before any Jounin caught wind. It certainly wasn’t subtle.

[Marked for training WC: 610]
[Topic entered and started]
[Semi-Private pm to enter]

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
‘Cloud huh?’ Gold eyes scanned the clouds that slowly traversed the sky. Watching them intently as they slowly formed shapes and figures. The clouds resembled a small pickaxe, a turtle and the faint smile of her one and only friend, Riko. The memories of her horrendous past remained ever so clear in her mind. It had only been a year since she was taken from the mine shaft to a new area called Lightning County. Remaining distant from everyone, she had become an academy student for Kumogakure no Sato and was forced to become a shinobi in training for the clan that ‘rescued’ her.

Eyes shut slowly once, reopening to see the cloud formations vanish into indescribable forms. Laying on her back within a grassy knoll the young girl sat up. Stretching her arms above her head she wondered what she would do for the remainder of the day. Anything to get her mind off and away from what burden she carried on her shoulders. Possibly take a class that has been advertised so reverently on meeting boards within the village limit that could push her further away from such torment. Nevertheless, Mirō finally stood, the wind ruffling her one-piece red off-the-shoulder dress that ended towards the middle of her thighs. The back of the dress had strands to tie tightly together at her waist to avoid unwanted air flow. Fishnets were sported under her clothing for her torso to the middle of her arm and down to the tops of her knees, making her entire attire lightweight and mobile. Black strands of hair caught the gusts of the wind motioning her hand to remove them from her view she looked back at the sky once again.

Constantly lost within her mind, it was what made her to be mute most of the time even around other people and children. Suddenly, the ground began to rumble, ‘An earthquake?’ she determined to herself, turning quickly she noticed trees beginning to tilt and fall down a few hundred yards away. ‘What the...’ Thinking to herself before cautiously making her way over to the commotion. Her steps were subtle and quiet, making sure not to be seen or heard by whatever lurked within the rubble of what lied near the fallen trees. Shining optics peered past a tree she hid behind only to find out that a rock that looked big enough to be up to her stomach had made a crater within the ground. Meaning it must’ve been the source of all the commotion but… how did it even end up over here? Cautiously, shinobi sandals agitated the gravel beneath her as she moved over to the rock. Standing before the rock she began carefully inspecting it to see any traces of impact or unnatural occurrences. “Well… it’s just an ordinary rock with no traces of minerals but an impact marker towards the bottom of it.” Talking to herself, her knowledge from the mines made it easy for her to prospect natural matter to see if there were any traces of ore within it.

WC: 511

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi confidently walked towards the forest line and picked her way through it. She could feel herself building up a sigh as she did not notice any immediate blood or bodies. “Well only one person lives in here but he would probably not be taken out by a rock.” Airi did have a small grin though thinking about how that person had thrown rocks at her only to have a larger one chucked at him a few years later. Airi would still help and heal him…but maybe it was Yoko who was having a small satisfaction. “Hey Yoko where were you during that anyway?” She felt a long pause stretch out before the voice in her head simply retorted with, ‘napping…Inuzuka blood was still dormant and all that.’ Airi paused thinking about it but then nodded…she guessed that made sense. Not that much really did in the shinobi world.

At that moment Airi could smell something faint ahead of her. “Oh no…” Airi quickly hurried forward eventually find the end location for her rock and…oh Raiden thankfully a girl standing or well crouching and examining the knee high rock she kicked. Airi let out a louder sigh and held her books closer to her chest and slowly made her way forward. She gave a small smile and inquired, “I hope that larger rock did not come close to you…I must have put more juice into my kick than I was expecting.” Airi took in the girls appearance of dark hair and a nice light attire fitting a younger shinobi, the girl before her was about twentyish centimeters small than her and she looked quite thin…Airi worried a bit if the growing girl was eating well enough.

Shaking her head she said, “Oh…manners…My name is Ir…I mean ahh Yamamoto Airi. I will be a transferring teacher coming hopefully in the next few months. Though currently I am a teacher’s aide.” Airi felt weird using the Yamamoto name especially when they were a larger clan in Cloud. Maybe like fifth or maybe lower, Airi had no idea considering she was a country bumpkin in comparison. Maru told her not to worry about it but she could not help but sudden feel the new stress of being a reflection of the clan.

Airi gave a quick quarter bow to the younger girl and said, “I do not recognize you, not that I am all knowing. Are you a newer student?” Airi was trying to steer the topics of conversation towards the girl to hopefully avoid more questions about the rock and the subsequent destruction which was now behind her…Airi could only imagine what this girl must be thinking about the fourteen year old.

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It had only been a few moments of careful inspection before the traces of footsteps rang quietly within her ear. Her keen perception often helped within the mines, allowing her to stow away food discriminately for Riko and make sure nobody would be planning anything to due her harm in any way. Sensing no imminent danger or dark intent her should slowly relaxed to their normal positions whilst gold hues peered over her own should towards the direction of the footsteps.

Within seconds a girl with brown hair came into view. She looked older yet not old enough to be a full adult. She resembled closer to the age of Riko, who was 16 at the time when she knew her. All in all, her strides meant she was friendly, most likely a shinobi from the village close by who wasn’t afraid to hide her aura. Soon she finally approached Miro, confessing to the small incident that had occurred but that only sparked more questions in her own mind. She would most likely be a skilled shinobi being able to kick a rock this far and cause this much destruction around it.

Questions filled her mind as she talked, Yamamoto Airi was her name but what surprised her the most was that she was attempting to become a teacher. Turning to face the stranger brilliant black tresses move past her left from the wind. Revealing her large scar. It was wide, an inch in width and ranging from the top of her eyebrow down to the center of her cheekbone. Another scar overlapped the one at the bottom of her cheek bone, running over the middle of her nose. “I am-” A rapid response, still hesitant to open up her mouth to new faces around her. Since meeting people always led her to be hurt or mislead. “Mirō Kagami…” her words seemed to drift slightly. Slowing her speech so she could think calmly, “You could say that…” unable to identify if trickery was afoot. She wasn’t brand new, being here for a small year it seemed she finally was made to enter the academy at the age of 10.

Turning her attention back to the rock she remained quiet for a moment. Gathering her thoughts as quickly as a rabbit running from a fox, she conjured up her own question. “Have you always been reckless...?” Eyes intently focused on the rock, but her gaze was empty. A simple question to ask but an important one at that. If anything was around to hear all the commotion, they would certain have their eyes on them now. Not to mention the injuries that would have occurred being this reckless. “You’re lucky nobody was hurt.” Parted lips spoke out to Airi, hoping she would understand the risks of being reckless. Mirō understood the dangers of being that way, all from people dying and growing ill within the harsh conditions of the mine.

WC: 489​

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
‘ohh…her eyes are so pretty’

Similar to how she felt with Maru, Airi was captivated by the eyes that seemed to jump around. Normally Maru’s lavender eyes would drink you as you fell into them, though the girl before her seemed to be more like if you are quick enough you can catch them, but only for a moment. Airi figured that…well she never felt like her eyes were as alluring as Maru’s considering her eyes were so light in the purple department. ‘Our eyes are the best…’ Airi mentally had to push back Yoko and ignore her.

As the girl turned to her Airi gave a soft pleasant smile. ‘poor thing…’ The amount of physical scarring this young lady has was truly appalling. Airi gave the girl a once over but kept her face pleasant and happy. Airi dealt with all manner of Youkai and if you stared or even flinched away from the way some of them looked it would mean bad relations at best. She was able to accept anyone no matter what they looked liked, actions always spoke louder than words for Airi.

Speaking of actions, the girl before her was timid…no maybe not timid. Airi herself was terribly timid four years ago with a ton of self-confidence issues that even now she had to fight with. ‘We are great after all, I have no idea how you got to such an inferiority complex’ Airi mentally pushed again to quiet down the mischievous spirit. The girl before her had probably gotten hurt…well not probably, the scars proved that much, she was probably worried about Airi’s intentions. The one problem with shinobi is most of them grew very cold…if a “nice” shinobi came up it was always looked at with scrutiny. ‘I just gotta prove my worth then!’ Airi bolstered her positivity and thought about how nice it would be when the girl before her could relax and smile.

So the girl was named Mirō Kagami so Miro-chan then, affirmed that she was a newer member to the shinobi training regimen. Airi waited as the girl seemed…slow to form complete sentences. Then a question and a statement was brought to her attention…Airi paused for a moment but then giggled a bit to herself. “Yes I guess you can say I am usually fairly reckless with myself, though with others I am typically more rule oriented.” Airi typically sacrificed herself for others often getting into way more trouble…this caused Maru grief and more direct caused him to pressure her off the front lines…a problem for another day though.

“Miro-chan you are very right, I was quite lucky…some of the other professor would say that if me kicking a rock killed someone then they did not deserve to be shinobi, but I greatly disagree with that. Considering my position and who I will be around I need to be more considerate…I gotta break the habits of solo missions where I can just do what I want.” She could feel a snicker in the back of her mind, ‘or just you know embrace the night and continue down the Anbu path. I certainly liked that more than school teaching…’

Airi sighed but gave a worried smile, “I thank you for the perspective. Is there anything I can help you out with, maybe a tour of the grounds or something else? I sort of risked your well being today and I would like to make amends.”

‘Maybe this will smooth things over with Miro-chan?’

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Airi’s words stunned Miro. Her overall energy felt weird coexisting with the girl. She was friendly, and nice, different then what she thought most people around the village would be. Years of neglect, punishment and loneliness caused her to suppress many of those happier emotions. For no one was happy within the mines, not the masters nor the rats. It just seemed too strange to Miro for someone to be this nice. But what paired with her kindness was her strictness with herself. Quick to reprimand herself for trying to be free spirited. Possibly perks for these so-called ‘Solo Missions’ she said she’s done.

Miro took a moment to collect her thoughts. Turning to face Airi, “We could go for a tour… but I’d really like to know how you kicked that rock this far.” Gold eyes carefully watched Airi, struggling to open up to other friendly shinobi. “That was.. Impressive.” Steady progress was being made now knowing she is friendly. “Do they teach that at the academy?” Her interests as a shinobi were always wallowing within the depths of her mind. With strength and pride shinobi protect what they think has value to them. Being a freed slave, rescued from a life of wandering she yearned for a purpose of her own. Perhaps the path of the shinobi would be a fitting life for Miro, if not open her eyes to different pathways of life.

Trying to map out destinations around the village she hasn’t been to much. Her last visit so a specific area within the village was foggy. She’d only been to a bigger facility once unbeknownst to its significance. However, from visiting meeting boards around the village outskirts she did recall that the academy starts within a few days. It would be in her best intention to figure out how to get there and scope out the vicinity. “Yeah, a tour.” Speaking out so Airi could listen. “I’d like to see the academy… ” Fine eyes read Airi’s face, seeing a genuine smile towards Miro. “I want to see how big it-” Abrupting her words her stomach had a mind of its own. Grumbling loud enough to wake a bear. Within milliseconds her once distant expression washed away into a sea of embarrassment. Covering up her stomach quickly with both hands she hoped Airi didn’t hear it. “And a.. Good place to eat…” Whispering to herself, her cheeks flush with a rose pink.​

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi giggled happily as the girl accepted her request to give her a tour of the grounds. She clapped her hands together and said, “Excellent!” Airi was happy that the girl was growing more and more talkative, though the conversation quickly turned to how Airi had managed to move the boulder and launch it like a projectile. As Airi glanced to the knee high rock and back to the young Kunoichi Airi shook her head in the negative. “No the curriculum mostly focuses on village lore, proper mannerisms and hierarchy, Genjutsu, Taijutsu, and Ninjutsu training. What the academy focuses on is getting everyone to a core set of standards that once passed allow one to become a Genin. Once that happens you upgrade yourself from doing E-rank mission to D or C-rank missions depending on who goes with you.”

As Airi was about to start walking with her the girl’s stomach made a sound that to Airi came off as desperate. Airi could only return a warm smile and softy respond with, “While I explain we can make our way to the academy dining hall and I’ll cook something for you.” The girl was embarrassed and if Airi knew anything it was drawing attention to something like that only made things worse. Airi acknowledge and then found a means to fix the problem. Airi turned and made sure to help the girl over the few trees that had bent or fallen over. Airi wanted to give the Kunochi attention and focus, warmth and a helping hand. ‘Because that won’t make her soft’ Airi felt a small annoyance come over her. ‘Yea like those scars mean she’s had a soft life, Yoko. Have a heart.’ She could hear a soft click of a tongue. ‘Really…? Monologue sass?’

Airi once they were through the hassle and actually started walking along the training ground began to speak again. “As a student you can do E and potentially D-rank missions, E-rank are starter missions typically revolve around washing dishes, brushing the pet cat, pretty much any mundane chore. These are mainly used to see temperament, strengths, and ability to follow what you are told. D-rank missions are tasks requested by wealthy individuals. Usually nothing much different walking some over sized dog, doing gardening for a large yard. These usually revolve around seeing how you participate working in a team setting.”

Airi made sure to scoot quickly and open the side door of the academy. “This will lead us to the first floor, which is where our training fields, classrooms for dummy practice and other such places reside.” As the went into the halls Airi continued, “The second floor is where faculty are normally located, the teachers are the protectors of the students and as such are the first line of defense in the event of a crisis. The third floor is where educational and homeroom classes are handle. You will be spending most of your time on the third floor while learning.” Airi brought Miro-chan around a few hallways until she opened a doorway and stepped in. They were alone in the large kitchen but Airi quickly set her supplies down and tied her hair back with a chakra string, nothing material but a very small light blue light might be seen if the young kunochi was observant.

Airi immediately began to pull out different cooking utensils. “As to your first question since I derailed a bit on the tour…the thing I did was something of a forbidden art as without proper control could lead to someone being permanently crippled. It gives an immense amount of physical power but hurts the body at the same time. I unlocked the ability around a year ago and have sense slowly been mastering it. I still have quite a way to go. If you are really dedicated or lucky you may also gain a core distinctive ability, a bloodline that might have been hidden to you, or a Kinjutsu or forbidden technique with the right teacher.” Airi herself was someone who experienced all three though mostly she was self-taught…not that she would ever recommend learning the things she did on her own. 'You did fine...'

As Airi cracked an egg and started to cook it sunnyside…she made sure the water warmed up for rice cooking, and then started to cook some meat. Airi moved quickly and efficiently but nothing extraordinary. More like a mother or big sister cooking for a child than anything else. As Airi focused in on it she still continued her monologue.

“I am from the country…I was raised at a bed and breakfast that performed tea ceremonies. When I was eleven a chakra scout found me and I…”willing”…chose to come and become a shinobi. I have been living on my own for the last two and half years. I spent a year and a bit in the academy, certainly no record in terms of length of student to Genindom. I have been a Genin for a about a year now. As I previously mentioned I am about to take my Chuunin Exams and upon passing I would be allowed to be a teacher here.” Airi smiled happily looking over to Miro-chan. The smells slowly beginning to fill the room.

“Either that or maybe I’ll do something else…I haven’t been too sure on what my real calling is.” Airi was a bit lost at the moment but keeping a smile and pushing along seemed to work out so far. “Sorry for the long discussion please feel free to ask questions which pertain to you! Your meal should be ready here in just a little bit.” Airi focused more so now on listening and working on making sure nothing burned. Steamed rice with seasoning, some cooked chicken over that with a nice egg on top, Airi would eventually cut tomato and lettuce with it just so she got some sort of vegetable. If she was really hungry this might not be enough but Airi also did not want to put the school out to much. If she was still hungry after then Airi would need to either take her to her place or out to eat.

Airi made nothing for herself, though she did reach over to her back and pull out a thermos. As she undid the cap she poured and handed the cup over to Miro-chan. A steaming Miso Soup would at least tide her over till the food was fully ready.

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Airi didn’t seem to acknowledge Miros distress signal coming out of here stomach. Ignoring it to help her alleviate said embarrassment was a kind gesture to show. Even more kind however, was the helpfulness the elder was showing to her. What was she to Airi? A random student with little promise to become something exponential, yet going out of her way to ensure she was okay. A unique personality Miro hasn’t seen in some time, nearly mimicking Riko a few years ago.

Walking past the felled trees Miro walked slightly behind Airi so that she could lead the way. ‘Three types of jutsu?’ Thinking quietly to herself within seconds she came up bewildered. With little knowledge of the ninja culture it was hard to follow closely behind what she was saying. Riko used to talk about her taijutsu past in the mines but never went as in depth as Airi. Probably didn’t know there was much else once your mind is set mainly on survival instincts so young.

Discussing the different types of jutsu Miro was subconsciously excited to get a hot meal in her stomach. It had only been a few days of not eating, but it starts to take a toll on her energy if she goes too long. Long periods of time without food and water, conditions she had to endure during slavery have now become bad habits. To Miro withdrawing from eating daily was just part of the daily life.

Continuing to walk into the limit out in the horizon was a 3 story tall pagoda. It stood out amongst the other surrounding buildings, almost making it too obvious to miss if she was to somehow miss a lesson. The vicinity was enormous as well, to give up-and-coming shinobi the space to practice and hone their skills. Minutes of traveling later Airi slide open side door, explaining the levels and their purpose before hauling off towards a kitchen area. Standing still for a moment, eyes gazed over the kitchen area. A familiar energy ran down her spine; warmth, tingling down as the aura gave off a homely essence. Shaking her head to regain focus Airi steadily began prepping a meal for them, hastily taking a seat near the cooking area.

‘Forbidden art,’ a phrase that caught her attention. Twitching her ears to listen intently to Airi’s words. To release so much… chakra that you could almost cripple yourself or probably worse. However teaching a forbidden art form sounded cool yet their purpose is unknown. The potential with kinjutsu, forbidden art and blood lines could be the upper hand in any situation. Halting thought processes the scent of cooking meats and veggies caught her attention. Inhaling deeply and subtly the took in the alluring aroma of the meal. Watching Airi cook made her feel slightly guilty, coming into an unknown place and now a once stranger is cooking for her. Airi came off as welcoming like a big sister, always reminding Miro of Riko. Maybe that’s why she was willing to eventually open up to her.

“Two and a half years and you’re nearly a teacher?”
Whispering to herself, not trying to disrupt Airis kind words. With her knowledge and strength it’s no wonder she is able to excel within these ranks, ‘Her parents must be proud’. There! She said it, ‘I haven’t been too sure on what my real calling is’... a thought that meandered within Miro’s mind. “You struggle with that too huh?” her voice spoke out to Airi. “Do you think with the academy, I could find a purpose…” Drifting off her words she looked down at her hands. Staring at the grim reminders of her life of scars that ran up and down her arms, legs, back and chest. Gentle hands rubbed the opposing shoulder before resting at her lap once again. “Oh, I forgot to thank you for helping me.. You’re acting like a teacher already, helping someone lost find their way." Reaching out, hands cupped the thermos cap full of warm soup. Testing it with a wooden spoon left neatly at the table she slowly began to consume it. Feeling the warmth radiate throughout her body she shivered quietly again.

“I had just a few questions really.” Placing the cup down on the table gold eyes Stared back at Airi. “What should I do about classes?” Tossing in her head the definition of the word ‘classes’. Wondering what it entailed, how it was managed and what she was required to focus on and take were constant thoughts. “And how do you go about the academy? Did you have to do an exam?” Patiently waiting for an answer, she pondered what the academy would really be like. Other students fighting for a chance at a life of being a ninja of course, but at what cost.

WC: 804​

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miro sat down and seemed enamored by the whole spectacle before her. A place to eat the sound of cooking and maybe the Airi was handling the situation. Air could only smile as she seemed to be absorbing how to cook it herself, that or maybe she was just hungrier than Airi gave her credit for.

As the young student mentioned how she was already going to be a teacher after only two and half years Airi did blink a few times. Was that really that amazing? Airi felt like it wasn’t. “Remember the really strong people are out doing missions and things. Higher ranked shinobi, only really teach if they are injured. I was certainly not top of my class…I really am not all that special." ‘tch…name one other person who can open chakra gates in the cloud village…I’ll wait…’ Airi could feel the mental pause. Sure that caused some inquiry from the Anbu who were training her but…really other people could do it if they tried. Airi was not a killer and all she could do was cast some illusions and punch hard…she was no elemental wizard or anything. ‘Airi…sometimes you really piss me off.’ Mentally kicking away from that wall she returned her focus to her new friend.

Despite the fact the question was whispered Airi heard it…her new Inuzuka hearing really throwing off what was normal in terms of human hearing. When Airi had mentioned her inability to make a decision on what to do it must have struck a chord with Miro-chan. She then asked if the academy would be able to find a use for her…and then she seemed to look at her scars…Miro-chan then thanked her and mentioned she was already acting like a teacher. Airi put some rice into a bowel and then started to place the vegetables, then sprinkling some spices, layered that onto the pieces of chicken and then slapped the sunny side up egg over it. Airi slide the bowel over and said, “Even if you failed as a shinobi there are plenty of things you could do. Even I can see intelligence in the way you move, so I could think of a few things you could even help someone like me with.”

‘Don’t you dare take my freedom away…’

“Of course the main thing to see is if you are chakra sensitive, if you are then dedicating yourself to learning is key. After that finding a private tutor or teacher on the side of lessons is the fastest path to being a shinobi.” Airi never showed enough potential to really have a teacher…Miro seemed capable though. Anyone who had been through tough times can work hard. She would most likely get picked up quickly.

The next question came before she started to eat. Airi smiled and followed up with, “Only a chakra sensitivity test, if you have it you will immediately be accepted. You can either live in student housing or rent out an apartment for yourself. I ended up taking on three jobs and just paying for rent myself. The academy will give you a yen stipen for lunches but breakfast and dinner are on your own…of course if you are ever in need of eating you can let me know. Every week I go to the sordid avenue to give free meals, so one more mouth will not harm me in anyway.” Airi enjoyed taking care of people, if that was not clear after this then she had no idea how to prove it.

“As to your next question, Classes are things you sign up for. It’s really freeform on how you train. You actually only need a few classes under your belt to then take the Genin exam. It all depends on your aptitude. Every trains and gets stronger at different rates. Like some graduate in six months while it took me nearly fourteen months.”

Airi would watch her eat but occasionally look away so it was not creepy. Airi looked out a nearby window and said, “You get what you put in…instead of hunting for a purpose I decided to look at an ideal and make a step towards it every day. No matter what I decided to do, as long as I made an effort to that ideal. I could never be mad.”

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“Doing something else?” Airi’s words lingered in her head. ‘The path of the Ninja seems like my only option.’ It was obvious, what else would she do? The word ‘failure’ has been a cornerstone for her emotions as a young child. It brought mixed feelings from being a true failure and a failure to your loved ones. Running would make her failures absolute and returning to the wanderer lifestyle would be an easier decision, if it hadn’t been for Airi. Her hospitality and kind heart showed that continuing with the academy made her happy and yearn to search for a purpose. Something Miro subtly admired about Airi. With careful planning there was no other better option other than to join the academy, thanks to her.

A grin snuck across Mirōs lips looking away from Airi to hide her excitement. Eyes widening at the hefty array of food in such a bowl. Its aroma was intoxicating, grabbing utensils Mirō slowly began to eat the meal. Manners gone out the door, not like she knew many. Savoring every bite it didn’t distract her from focusing on Airi. Ears twitched at the sound of the tests and housing, shrugging it off as no big deal. Becoming a genin would be the next goal. Hopefully it wouldn’t take too long to find a true purpose to live by. If becoming a genin was the next step it couldn’t have been more set in stone.

‘A day to day goal’ seemed more rational than waking up everyday to mope around. Airi continuously proved her honesty and smarts to Miro. Her words sticking to the front of her mind. “Goals... never had those before.” Slurping up another piece of chicken she thought of seeing some classes that piqued her interest, “I recall on one of the city boards that I can be… tutored? Would that be another idea? Do you know of anyone?” Taking a break from shoveling food down her throat she questioned Airi. A mentor would make her ultimate goals more molded and smoother than roaming as a lone wolf, though she despised people telling her what to do. Returning to a more urgent matter, housing has many benefits. “You can get your own housing?” Pawing at the thought it seemed easier than what she’d been doing prior. Having a private room was unheard of. Many of her nights were spent with others in rotten positions with many other slaves yet still alone. An entire room would be a tad overwhelming, let alone an entire section of a house. Nearly finishing her meal she couldn’t help gaze up at Airi at times when they were chatting.

WC: 442​

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi could feel the red flag go up when Miro-chan seemed to not think about if there was anything else she could do with her life. Airi gently tapped her nail against the table as she tried to think. Her words seemed to be at least be making the young one consider their options. For chakra sensitive ladies the two options really were to be shinobi and really only get out if they had children. Kumo was very strict in terms of their needs for chakra sensitives. ‘Besides being a shinobi is the best thing ever for a human. Maybe she wants revenge or the ability to free others in her situation. Revenge is a very common and powerful motivator for shinobi.’ It was true very few people…well none really became a shinobi because they were happy and bright. ‘See you are special Airi.’

Miro seemed…much more excited about this food than Airi felt she should have been. Miro started off by taking he time, almost examining the food. It wasn’t long however after the first bite the Miro suddenly took a much more enthusiastic interest in the food. There was something warming to Airi watching someone who got lost in her cooking. Airi had a soft smile as she watched. ‘She must be hungry…’ Manners were always lost on those who felt like the y needed something. Airi found her in the forest…she wasn’t living there was she?

The girl before her mentioned she never had any goals but Airi knew that no human could have that be true. ‘Even survival is a goal…’ When Airi was asked if she knew any tutors Airi’s eyes flashed for a moment. She stopped the tapping of her hand and leaned back into the chair…Airi had never found a private teacher…Kanagawa-san, Otani-san, and Yamamoto-san had multiple people so she always gave them space. Considering she normally did basic classes…she was really at a loss. “Tutoring is a choice…I would find a focus for now after trying each of the three jutsu types and seeing what goes well with you. A gift my pop up too while you are getting a feel for things and then once you have something to make you stand out a private teacher will be easier to find.” She guessed….’you didn’t put yourself out there enough. Confidence breeds success.’

Airi’s nervous habit picked up and she started to twirl a finger around one of her bangs.

As Miro-chan asked about housing Airi…well had an in there. “I am actually moving out of where I currently live…if you wanted to live there. I understand a desire for privacy and security.” Airi was not offering to pay for it but it was within her power to live there. She would need at least a part time job or do a few E or D rank missions on the side. Plus if Airi cooked and left food for her occasionally she could save on funds there. Airi stretched a bit making a small noise and then pouring a cup of miso for herself and making sure Miro still had some.

Airi got up to go grab her small brown purse and pulled out a sticky note and a pen. She wrote down her home number so that way if Miro could at least gain access to a phone. “Here this is my number, I am not always home but at least this way there is a chance you can reach me. If it’s really important, I can usually be found in either the Susukino district on weekends, the Vespasian Colosseum for morning training, or here in the afternoons. Evenings are a bit erratic otherwise. That is roughly my schedule.” Airi was not a formal teacher so after today it might be unlikely they would meet again unless they sought each other out. Airi planned to see Miro-chan occasionally if possible, but she didn’t want to come off as creepy. ‘You mean like how Maru has Youkai following us?’ Airi nodded, though mentally.

“I’ll probably be moving out of the Apartment at the end of the month, so if you want to see it let me know. Also…not to impose or anything but if you need somewhere. Don’t ever hesitate…to come by. Okay?” Offering residence always was a two-way situation. Either people thought better of you, or thought you were creepy. She had no idea which way Miro would take it. Airi would not be in a situation to live with anyone in a few weeks…

“Whatever would make you comfortable of course.”

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As time went on Airi explained how tutoring would work and how it would benefit her. Honing skills to be sought after seemed easier said than done. Solidified the fact that genin rank was a wise goal to chase after. Step by step, like Airi explained. It wouldn’t be hard, another obstacle she had to face but this time it was her own choice to move. Within time it might even be possible to return to the home she was born in, just to catch a glimpse of happier times.

Finishing up her food her next plan for housing was already made up in her mind. Not so opposed to finding a home to call her own Airi mentioned that she was moving from hers. Another kind gesture from Mirōs new friend, though hand outs were nice it wouldn’t feel right to take it. Making money wouldn’t be too hard seeing as the path of the ninja continues to surprise her. Missions and training made money, enough for some to live off of. However Airi had to take multiple jobs. ‘She’s too honest and sweet for the alternate pathways.’ Suppressing darker thoughts that would make easier money, it wasn’t in Mirōs nature she hoped. Breaking her train of thought Airi pushed a phone number into viewing distance. Pausing for a moment, hands pushed the bowl aside returning to pick up the piece of paper. Her number, memorizing its contents before folding it neatly and stuffing it in her inner chest pocket of her dress. After this encounter it seemed like finding Airi again would prove troublesome. Fate would have to make its way into their lives once again to find each other, not understanding what the numbers meant on the paper.

One final offer was made for Mirō. A place to stay if the need ever arose. Smiling up at Airi she was grateful for her kind hospitality and time to help a lost child. Tension was felt in her stomach, the butterflies fluttering around on top of food Mirō was unable to define this emotion. “Thank you Airi for the food and... everything honestly, I must be lucky to find someone so nice so quickly within the village...” That smile never fading from her face as she gazed at Airi. “You’ve inspired me to not only stay in this village but stay in the academy to hopefully... find a reas— purpose to move forth.” Catching herself she didn’t want to reveal too much of her true self. Not many would be lucky enough to see those emotions. “With your step by step process I’ve been able to set a few goals while we were talking...” Talking more and more even surprised herself, usually reserved and silent Airi’s presence made her open up. “I appreciate your offer, I’ll bare that in mind but.. for now I’d like to get started on training.” Stepping up and out from her chair the young kunoichi-in-training grabbed her bowl returning it to the sink to quickly wash her dishes. Turning around to face Airi she gave herself some space before bowing down to her. Devastating gold eyes captured another picture of Airis kind features. Rising up and smiling she turned around heading towards the door. Clutching the handle she peered over her shoulder one last time, “I’ll be seeing you, Airi Onee-San.” With that the door opened leading out of the kitchen, Mirō on her way to start anew.

[Topic left]
WC: 575​

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miro seemed shocked or even confused upon taking the piece of paper from Airi. She must just not be used to getting them from strangers. In fact Airi was worried that she might be coming off to strong. ‘Yea…I kind of figured it might turn out this way. Everyone is hesitant to trust.' Airi could feel the snide remark coming. ‘Not everyone is as stupid as you.’ Airi was slightly irritated with Yoko but Miro came first here.

Airi smiled happily as Miro thanked her. “You’re very welcome. Anytime at all.” Airi meant that from the bottom of her heart. She had no way to really project it, but she felt a deep calling within her to ensure younger shinobi got off to good start. Miro mentioned Airi inspired her and she gave a look of genuine shock…’I inspired someone…?’ ‘They are probably just being nice Airi, you didn’t do anything special. Though only an idiot invited strangers into their own home.’

Miro informed her that for right now she would focus on training. Hopefully that did not mean Miro suffering, but at the end of the day…Airi was not in a position to make anyone do anything. ‘Airi…sweetheart…we are in fact in a position to make many people do many things. You just need…the will.’ Airi had to push Yoko back once again to quite her down. Miro went and washed her dished, something that surprised but could only make Airi have a small smile. ‘See she really is a good person…’ Yoko mentally rolled the eyes she did not have.

Airi watched at the young on bowed to her and then left the room. Airi gasped and head onto her chest…she leaned down onto the floor…’Airi?’ A soft gasp mixed with chocked breathing. ‘Airi what the hell…’ Tears were flowing from her eyes and a soft fist gentle punched down into the floor. Thankfully no one was around to see the tears as Airi couldn’t hold it back.

Onee-San…

“I miss my family so much…” Airi hadn’t been called that in years…A new person in her life…whether she actually saw her as a sister or not called her something she missed so dearly. She had no idea if they were okay…what was going on in their lives. After ten minutes Airi finally managed to get up…wiping her face of the tears she collected her things.

“Okay…” Airi pitched her cheeks and smiled a bit. Airi laughed awkwardly a few times and finally it felt more natural. The small ache in her heart melting away but grew a little more solid as she went out of the room as well to go greet and meet more students.

[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back