Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A - Rank SSM Series: "Pathway to Power."

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoshi read a piece of paper, entailing actions that needed to be done immediately. Outside the Phoenix Gate of the hidden leaf village, he stood, tightening a fist with a paper inside. It crumbled, like a dry leaf in the fall cooling air after summer’s scorching heat. The hand trembled… He forced his eyes shut and focused an amount of heated chakra into his palm, this seared the paper into ashes. Yes… No traces of this mission. He even wanted to keep this on the down low, from any higher ranking hierarchy.

His gaze shifted to the floor, his lips parting slightly. The note read, ‘HELP! Criminals from afar have been kidnapping youth equipped with a doujutsu. Uchiha and Hyuuga families are in danger! Reports are, twenty-three missing Hyuuga’s as of late! We have no money… But we need HELP!’ Hoshi didn’t care for the money, he never did. Hell, being anbu, he was sold to the highest bidder. Whether or not it was justice, Hoshi had previously handled missions of wide array for the money. But this time… It was for the love of his distant kin.

“Don’t worry guys… I just hope… I am not too late.”

He took off in a dash. The latter of letter gave a location outside the gates of Konoha. Somewhere deep in fire country lay a secluded village. Here, it was so small yet so big, anybody could get away with anything. Nicknamed, the city of thieves. His eyes winced at the wind colliding with his pale hues as he pushed against it with high speed. His steps, though swift, were silent. No one would hear him, let alone see the breezing gust of dust and dirt he would leave behind. His mind was clear, focused, the task was at hand.

“Tch! Damn thieves!”

He could imagine the turmoil these young ones must be going through. No one would elect to have this happen, why even agree to a trade? The jealous greed of the evil will come to devour the innocent, yet Hoshi will arrive the savior and by the strength of his will, not his power, he was determined to succeed. On and on, it seemed about an hour or two of traveling. His sense of direction was guided by the setting sun in the west. It was declining at a fast rate, and Hoshi would need to find the village before it sunk under the horizon to darken the large expanse above.

He looked toward the sun, estimated about another forty five minutes before it would eclipse with the other side, and give its light to the former half of the world. The sky changed tints, from a bright and vibrant blue, to an ominous fiery red. The look in the pale eyed warrior was serious, his gaze fixated in front of him. His brows were furrowed together and arched downward, in an angry fashion. Although, he wasn’t necessarily angry, he was more focused than anything. Hoshi leaned forward, shifting weight off his heels, to the balls of his feet. The result, an even faster sprint to the finish line. A scent filled the air, a scent of… of tides. It was the water! Hoshi was nearing the backwater village and could smell the scent of new flowers, plants, and the water which surrounded this corrupted and forgotten village.

He slid to a stop, a shroud of dust filling the environment. He was at a cliff, below was the city that rested, surrounded by gates to impede the waters which could flood the city in one fell swoop. He watched atop, that stoic pose and look of resentment in his eyes. How could this whole city allow such an act to go by without even a word from neighboring shinobi village. Or maybe it was just the people here, they couldn’t be trusted. His fist tightened and threatened to tear at his bandages wrapped around is forearms and wrist.

“Heh… It would make sense… To wipe out this entire village for their debauchery. Treacherous scum… PREPARE YOURSELVES!”

Hoshi dashed down, scaling the wall in a gust before kicking off and free falling to the below sea level village. It was now nightfall, perfect time for an Anbu Op shinobi to act. Mask off, Anbu tattoo covered, Byakugan active and well visible, Hoshi landed softly with a tumble roll via chakra cushioning the landing. At the city gates he simply leapt over the entire wall with one jump. From atop the wall, he searched with his eyes once more. This city apparently never sleeps, everyone was out and about. Hoshi could see, handshakes, misleading at that for they were just hiding a simple trade off. Already he could spot kidnappings happening at corner blocks. This city was beyond repairing for a single shinobi.

His heart then grew soft and melted. He was full of sorrow for those who had to choose this place as home. Did they people who lived poorly here suffer a lifetime of extortion and crime without hope to make outside these city walls? He could relate to them, and for that, he was going to purge this city of the constant evil which clouded the judgement and passions of its citizens. Several hand seals would reveal a mystical cloak, the same shade of the shadows to cover Hoshi in a veil. Anyone looking in his direction would only see a distorted shadow of the former ninja. Into the corners of darkness he slipped. Right by the entrance he met his first encounter. A group of girls casually walking down the bustling streets.

They appeared to be friends, laughing and smiling as they exchanged a healthy conversation until one of the girls pushed the latter into a group of suspect men who snatched her up with a howling cackle. The girl who tricked her skipped along like nothing happened, although everyone saw it… Hoshi witnessed first hand how the deeds of the evil would go noticed, and unreported. He cringed at this, fleeing from the shadows with fleeted steps, unsuspecting villagers would only see said girl, disappearing as Hoshi snatched her up from crowd by her wrist. He immediately overpowered his camo to encase her as well and covered her mouth.

Hoshi’s byakugan locked on to the thieves and he followed them, catching up to them and cutting them off. He threw the little girl before them and they halted in their tracks looking around. The girl screamed and said she was kidnapped, her so call friend was already bound, gagged, and blind folded held under the arm of one of the five thieves he counted. No one saw Hoshi until he pushed off a wall and deactivated his camo, revealing the famed doujutsu at work.

“Oy! Kid’s got a byakugan boys! Heh heh heh.”

Hoshi: “Another step forward… And I won’t ask questions, I’ll just take them for myself.”

His voice was a chilling cold, deep, deep as he could make it. He closed his eyes, still having view of everything behind him with these closed lids. Slowly he rose his left hand, with a one symbol formed with his index finger.

Hoshi: “One chance to spill the beans now… Why are you after the Hyuuga clan? And who is leading you to do such a thing? You petty thieves couldn’t have thought of this yourself.”
Gang: “Pfft! Who is this guy? Some kid Shinobi? Hey kid, beat it! Scram! This is our village and we are the shinobi here. Hahahaha! And we take orders from nob-“

The sound of slashing iron through the wind. The sound of bones crushing beneath the might of a blade. The crimson blood that filled the air, the gasp from the girl. This all happened in an instant. So fast, that the man speaking was cut in half, but still intact, looking down at his hips as they slowly slid off, along with his head separating his neck. Hoshi then turned to the girl, grabbing her by the collar and slamming her into the wall, the back of her head colliding and causing some dizziness.

Hoshi: “You’re next. You may be young, but you must atone for your crimes. Do you care more for money, than friendship and love? Where is your passion?! What has this city done, to strip young children of their ambition. Explain yourself, and I will free you to deliver a mission to this God forsaken community.”

Girl: “Y-y-yes! O-… Okay… I’ll talk.”

Hoshi: “Well then sp-“

His sentence was cut short looking into her eyes. They were pale… like his… Extremely white, possibly a full bred Hyuuga clan member. He grasped at her collar again before he friend shouted out to not harm her.

Kidnapped Girl: “No! Please don’t! I know what she did was wrong but… She’s… my sister…”

Hoshi: “Your sister?! Yet she would trade you to someone who wishes to blind you for your own benefit?!”

Older Sister: “I-I-I’m sorry! It was for our mom! He tricked us! I had to do it!”

He loosened his grip on the girl and turned around frustrated. This mission was quickly going south and he was more than confused on what to do. His initial idea was to purge the entire city… although… That would more than likely cause an international incident between fire and lightning if a cloud shinobi ran a muck killing fire county civilians. He clicked his teeth and grabbed his chin with his right hand, rubbing it lightly in thought.

Hoshi: “You have yet to tell me who it is that is commanding you…”

Sisters in unison: “It was him! You already killed him!”

Hoshi looked down at the bloody pool they were standing in, dismembered bodies and all. He moved over to the man they pointed out and kneeled before him. Hoshi then touched the dead man’s forehead, concentrating chakra into the fingertip, he practically pulled the thoughts and dreams from the man’s head. The snapshot anbu ninjutsu gave him insight of the man’s last recorded thoughts and journeys. Shouyu ran through a long series of images and memories, names and all. Finally he came back to the girls with a conclusion.

Hoshi: “Does the name… Hirashi Hyuuga… ring a bell?”

The sisters gasped. They both looked at each other and then to the ninja with worry. One looked down, almost afraid to speak or even look at him. The latter cleared her throat but she hesitated, that is when Hoshi kneeled down and she finally spoke.

Older Sister: “That’s our father. Our late mother’s husband… He should be at home, but… I didn’t mean to! They made me!”

Hoshi: “Silence. You are innocent until proven guilty. But take note… If I find you inside the inner workings of this chaos… I will do what I must….”

Hoshi was off, taking last snapshot of the scene and everything went down.

WC 1820 (To be Continued)

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Kumo Shinobi had woke up in the middle of night, a little earlier than planned. He was in fire country, several thousand kilometers off from the city limit of Crater City. He established a small camp from leaves and twigs, large branches that blended in well with the environment. It was an excellent display of how to useful with the scraps given, and even though it was uncomfortable this wasn't going to last long, do he didn't mind. Hoshi blinked until his pupils dilated to the dim light where he would then roll to his side and push himself up. Now at a sitting position, his face blank, he looked around. He was already suited in his anbu gear, complete with his mask and two belt pouches to hold an extension of items. He rubbed his eyes thoroughly meanwhile rising to his feet and beginning to stretch. He had napped for maybe a few hours, his chakra pool felt completely restored and muscles well rested.

His last encounter was with two little girls who gave him a key piece of information. Although, Hoshi had to go through a crew of goons and some cruel threats to get the intelligence he needed. A snapshot of one the fallen enemies revealed a clue, a name. The name was the father of the girls', supposedly hiding away at a second home. It had been two days since then and Hoshi had been surveying the surroundings for more clues. He reached for a small notebook that held writings about what he saw. He reviewed the times people would enter and exit the house, frequent visitors, who actually lives there, neighbors, even the mailman, he everything noted. He referred to a small watch to get the time and it read in digital numbers.

4:44 AM

There was a break between 11:00 pm to 6:00 AM where no one entered, or exited the house. His last memory before sleeping was the usual. His time to meet would be at 5:00 AM. Standing, Hoshi fastened his sword across his back, he tightened his apron, adjusted his Kumo headband to be strapped to his left bicep. Hoshi exhaled, his head was lowered, eyes closed. His right hand slowly rose to his face, mask in hand. It seemed to attach to skin upon contact like freezing to his skin with a cold touch. The mask itself was decorated with sky blue paint in shape of a demon fox. Hoshi left his post with no clues of a human sleeping there and proceed into the gutter of Crater City. He traveled from the roof tops, of course this city never slept so he had to be mindful to not be seen. He didn't want to reveal who he was any longer as he delved into this situation. Shouyu had even alerted Konoha council of the activity but he could not wait for answer, he had to act now alone and figure what he could find for the sake of all Hyuuga. His eyes were fixated in front of him as he leapt from building to building in a flash of a shadow. Hoshi reached his destination upon its roof top. Hoshi sent a slight amount of chakra into his feet completely silencing them as he walked down, the clock was ticking. He jumped down to the front door, descending to a knee before rising to a stand. Hoshi eyed the door from behind the mask and sighed. His intuition made him feel like, this was all too easy. The pathway to being a hero is never always glamorous, this wasn't some kind of anime. Some movie in a theatre where every scene is predictable and some antagonist trying to sway the main character. Who was he kidding, he always dreamed to be that main character, but this could just as easily be life and death. His hand was just before the door when he was going to knock.

Creeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaak...

From behind the mask his eyes widened, his next reaction was almost second nature. Hoshi in the instant of the sound caused by the twisting door knob performed a single hand seal. Hoshi would leap to the ceiling yet a mud clone of himself would remain standing at the door. This was all completed thankfully before the door was opened and his clone stood smiling. The one who opened the door was one of the girls who had a pale expression, it caught Hoshi off guard. His brow rose and he entered the room.

Mao: "Come in, what's with the mask?"

Hoshi: "Don't take offense but... nobody here is trust worthy."

Mao eyes the Shinobi's Kumo band.

Mao: "A Kumo Shinobi huh? What's your business here in fire country?"

Hoshi turned and his voice grew cold and demanding.

Hoshi. "Where is he? What is this?!"

Hoshi couldn't activate his Byakugan and see anything inside, it was up to his clone to bring everyone out, if his intuition was right, he should be surrounded, and Hiashi maybe isn't even in there.

Mao: "Clever clever anbu..."

Mao snaps, dim lights become well lit, behind an anbu camo coat, a plethora of what seemed to be more than capable Shinobi if they were able to cast such an efficient active camouflage. The clone cringed and viewed everyone, counting the number. He stalled before answering again.

Hoshi: "As expected, you two lead me to a trap in order assassinate me and cut my Journey short. Even if I die here, I've alerted the hidden leaf as well who is now in alli-"

A clapping comes from the distance, from within the mass of ninja followed by the little girls high pitched giggle. The real Hoshi on the ceiling was laying flat, scaling the building and searching for anyone outside. Things were getting hair for his clone as the one clapping was revealed to a be a Shinobi with an eye patch. The clone rose a brow.

???: "Kujiro, remember the name kid. Look, long story short. We've got a good business here and you my friend..."

Kujiro points at Hoshi's eyes and at his eye patch, which he lifted and revealed a hyuuga eye. The clone gasped, taking a step back.

Hoshi: "You.."

Kujiro: "Yeeesss, you have my right eye, heh heh heh."

Mao: "Sorry, papa was busy, so, uncle Kujiro wouldn't mind showing you things work around here. Heheheheh."

The gang merged on the clone and there was nothing it could do but disperse into mud and splash upon the front row including Kujiro who yelled out in frustration as it splattered across his face. The villain wiped his eyes clearing the hindrance and let out a war cry as they stormed the windows and door. Hoshi was already on the move but was spotted fleeing.

Goon: "Hey! There he is!"

Hoshi: "Tch! Dammit! That went south fast. This one is out of my league. Too bad Misuto isn't smaller."

Hoshi was fleeing through alleyways and rooftops scaling walls and wall running with leaps like a free runner. The ninja followed behind him, their excellent tracking skills lead him to believe again, they were more than capable. He looked back through the corner of his eye and saw they were gaining and quick. His reaction lead him to a narrow alley where their numbers would not be a factor. Sure enough they filed in little by little and Hoshi smirked while turning around mid jump. He would attempt to clear the first wave charging an immeasurable about of chakra into a solid circular orb cupped between two palms tucked at his right hip. The gang realized he was prepping a strong jutsu so the first few rows of enemies jumped out of the way, leaving the ones behind unaware and wide open. Hoshi launched his arms forward and the sphere launched followed by a maelstrom energy wave that crashed and tore into their bodies, burning and shocking them into a pile of ash. Hoshi was mindful of one objective, saving a few to exchange snapshots for more clues. Hoshi turned and continued fleeing, taking sharp turns in hopes to lose the larger group and diminish its numbers. His eyes were yet to be activated, he was acting strictly off instinct at the moment, conserving his energy.

Hoshi took another turn and felt the raging deluge of a waterfall crash into him and slam him into a wall. Hoshi felt the pressure against his lungs, causing a loss of breath and time. Soon a collective of about ten ninja caught up to him as a familiar laugh rang out.

Kujiro: "No, no... What do you take us for? C rank Shinobi? You're not getting away that easily. Look, it's easier if you just.... die, heh."

The group snickered and closed in, Hoshi was still on the floor half way up trying to recollect himself. Kujiro had to be the target to take for snapshot. He seemed like a leader who would have such information, then again, checking all of them and taking what was really needed would be helpful too. Shaking his head, Hoshi finally looked up to see the lot coming. His jumped back, hi shadow extending and moving on its own, this caused the first barrage of taijutsu assaults to miss. Kujiro followed up an impaling hydro jet which launched a small one for a feint followed by the actual one. Hoshi side stepped the first small attempt and performed a hand seal. Hoshi replaced himself with a mud clone again, dashing to the left creating distance. Hoshi was heaving breaths still trying to fully regain himself from such a punishing blow. The onslaught commenced and Hoshi needed to end this or least lessen the numbers. Hoshi jumped, dodging a few attacks, some followed midair and Hoshi kicked off one creating more distance, all the while he was weaving hand seals until he landed on the ground smirking once more. Hoshi rose his right hand, palm outward to the sky where his palm began to spark with lighting chakra. A sphere formed and launched from his palm high into the air resonating with lightning energy. Mid air the orb stopped, the ninjas all looked up at it confused before it burst into a massive array of beams aimed at the alley Where the lot of them could not dodge, suffering fatal impaling wounds with a dying screech.

Three remained and enraged Kujiro with a paralyzed arm from his Hoshi's infinity rain technique. The other three ninja were unable to battle, or at least stand, they would be holding hurt and bleeding limbs.

Kujiro: "A hyuuga who uses the storm element?"

Hoshi: "A hyuuga with voltaic wave!"

Hoshi dashed within range of Kujiro in the blink of an eye, Kujiro responded a little late with a water enhanced hook that Hoshi bobbed under but still took the hit partially, though it wasn't enough to stall Hoshi's forward motion. The young Hyuuga continued into a set of jyuuketsu combos almost completely shocking the man's chakra circulation system. The man stood, mouth agate in agonizing pain. Hoshi was heaving for breaths as he walked over to the other members tapping their heads searching for clues. Hoshi found one related Hiashi Hyuuga and reviewed it only to learn the identity of Kujiro, who was now, a viable asset. Kujiro remained motionless almost paralyzed examining himself as he tried to move but the pain was excruciating. Hoshi reviewed several more memories picking up on the evil little sisters who appeared to play a bigger role than expected. One memory he kept and exchanged with his previous snapshot.

The snapshot gave the direct location of Hiashi, and the warehouse where his delegates would meet and exchange doujutsu. Hoshi then walked over to Kujiro tapping his head, Kujiro's sheet was full.

1st memory. :

Hiashi Hyuuga defines his business as research behind the Hakumei and a doujutsu commerce to fund said research, also to help developing Shinobi villages.

2nd memory:

Hiashi Hyuuga had a bad ordeal go wrong with a conglomerate who essentially repossessed the given eyes of Hiashi leaving the man in a blind fury. The name of the conglomerate was revealed to be Heiachi Hyuuga, the older brother to Hiashi, who seems to be an extension of the larger foundation established in Kumogakure.

3rd Memory:

Kujiro had visited the warehouse in Kumogakure, it was in port cirrus. Something about it seemed oddly familiar, as if Hoshi had been there. A warehouse by the water, with a shipping station. Hoshi then knew from that point.

Hoshi nodded, his final move was unsheathing his sword.

Hoshi: "You have served your purpose. Maybe in the next life you will be an ally."

Hoshi sliced through them within seconds ending their misery in an instant. From there, he would move to exit the city once more with new attained snapshots.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back