Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Terrible Home (Free, Open)

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Someone had set fire to things. And considering the oxygen in this place was a powdery form of solid matter on the ground, it had done a good job of burning whatever they wanted it to. Enzeru hadn’t been in the city proper since the cold began to come from the heavens and take a chill grip on everything he knew. His self imposed exile from the world took place outside of the city, mostly to warn people from trying to enter if he saw anyone doing so. That someone not only made it through, but set this kind of fire to things, spoke a deal about their ability to get around unseen. That same ability was, sadly, not one he trusted his companions to be as adept at. While he knew they were talented in their ways, the ways of being invisible and vanishing into nothing when needed were things that took himself decades of training to get right. So for the moment, they moved only when it was safe.

Safe meant when those radios weren’t going off. He learned that early on by studying the city from outside for a while. DJ Scratchy, the host called himself such, seemed to somehow be alive. Or more likely he had long died and something was using his body to broadcast things across the city. And even where there was no electricity the radios would click on and spread his word when he spoke. Or the music. When he talked it was fine, at worst a warning. But when the music began, you hurried into a hiding spot and you stayed there until it stopped. Otherwise the things would find you.

Words could not describe some of them. Most of them were humanoid in shape, but lacking in any features. But still many were obviously some construct from Hades. Some belonged to a third realm entirely. They set off bells in his head, and he was happy for the mask as his black eyes were constantly glowing a fierce blue light in response to the unnatural energies they gave off. Some were tall, some short. Some spikey, some gelatinous. All were vicious. It was survival of the strongest here, those who showed weakness were devoured. And among all of them the faceless man-things roamed. He didn’t want to know what would happen should one of those things catch them.

For the moment Enzeru and his traveling companions were holed up inside of an old barracks he knew of. The place was built like a fortress, with the largest opening that could be easily reached being no bigger than his face. The only way in or out was via the rooftop, and it could be sealed tight against many attacks. Even so he took no chances. They were in a windowless room with only non-combustible light sources to light their way. The ambient heat given off by these lights had warmed things up enough that the oxygen was once more a breathable gas, negating the need for their breathing masks.

He sat before one such light and looked at the woman and tigers with him, shaking his head.

”Someone else has been here before us. Several people if I read the tracks right. One or more of them set fire to the buildings most capable of helping me. The Hospital would have had records of my physiology and anatomy. The Crystal Tower was where the records of shinobi were kept. Tomorrow we’ll try the old ANBU headquarters. It’s underwater, but I think I can get us into it through the tunnels assuming all of them aren’t collapsed.” He moves over to Kimi and takes her hand in his, staring into her eyes for a moment.

”I shouldn’t have brought you here. This place is dangerous, even for people like me who are trained to navigate hellish terrains. But here you are. Promise me once more, my love, that you will do as I say if I tell you to. One misstep could result is catastrophe otherwise. Anything, even should it be abandoning me.”

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A ticking sound could be heard, echoing off the walls in the distance. Something, to what sounded to be small, possibly bipedal was coming towards them. "Klik kik kik klik kik..." It was moving quickly in the oxygen snow. The sounds stopped for a moment. Then they repeated again. A small scraping sound, it was closer. What was that sound? Metal on metal? Maybe it was fingernails? The sound turned to a low rumble, then again the sound of quick movement. It was certainly getting closer, but how was it tracking them? Was it tracking them? It certainly was getting closer, whatever it might have been.

The steps though, weren't human, that becoming more obvious as it grew closer. The sound from it's movements giving off a sound more closer to the sound of the low rumbling prior, but it did sound like it was stepping. It would move and stop, over and over, then the sound of breathing could be heard if one strained enough to listen. Did those things breath? Who could be sure, but they would have to be prepared for what was to come. The low humming sound was now more like a crackle,

Sara had adapted to this, hellish environment. The native creatures, the "filled" ones she avoided at all costs. She had seen plenty of them, some seeming benevolent in appearance, others, she would have new nightmares once she left Kirigakure. She needed to leave, wanted to leave, but couldn't. The girl was unsure of which direction to head in, the sky here giving very little clue. She had gotten separated from her friend, and hopelessly headed straight into the lions den, unbeknownst to her. But survival was possible, even as harsh as it was. She had found food, in the form of creatures that were almost invisible. It took time, but she learned to track them. And with their fur, bodies, whatnot, she increased her invisibility to the creatures that roamed freely.

To be honest, she wasn't sure what to liken them to. The young lass was pretty sure it was meat she had eaten from them, but it was more like lettuce or something in taste. Sara was not botanist, or zoologist, or biologist, or any other oligist that existed; so she wasn't capable of identify the animals, if that was even what they were. For all she knew, they could have been more plant like. She wasn't even sure what they ate, if they did, though she was sure of that as they were alive. Still, she was managing to find them, and surviving off of them, and because of them. In her mind, she thought they were rabbits.

The young girl hesitated to call out. She was sure she saw someone earlier, but it could easily had been one of those...phantoms. And she was sure she heard talking, but that wasn't unheard of, as the mysterious voice on her radio spoke too. She wanted to call out, the hope for another person, even if it wasn't her friend, would be welcoming. Being alone out here in this endlessness was slowly getting to her. The academy didn't provide enough training to overcome such a torturous indignity and lonely feeling as such imparted. Her strides slowed, peaking around every crevice she could before moving on. Listening intently for anything, any sound. The prints on the ground, easily visible to her enhanced eyes, appeared human enough, though there were others that weren't. They looked kind of fresh, as easily as that could possible be ascertained. Hope was pulling at her strings to make her think such thoughts. She looked back, then ahead and down at the prints. Her hand rubbing against a wall, the crackling sounds of her radiation element eating away at the outer portion.

She long learned that with that aura she released, of radiation, she could heat herself some, melt the snow like ground, and for some reason beyond her, it made breathing less laborious. Though, controlling it took some practice, and maintaining it was an ordeal.

Should she call out? Was it worth the risk? The figure seemed different enough from those others, different in many ways. She gathered her hope and pushed off the wall, and called out softly at first, "Hel..hello? Is...Isss anyone out there?"

Removed. Pretend I was never here.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back