Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Thief's End (Solo-Mission)

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Kagari's Narration:

Well, my second bounty target. A female ninja, a one "Koko-Chan" recently stole a couple of artifacts from the Toraono Dojo. How did she do it? Well, I don't know all the details, but the point is she somehow stole from the Toraono Dojo, without any hassle to my knowledge. I'm curious to find out how she did it exactly; although I shouldn't be too lax about this. This is a test, not just a simple bounty hunt. According to the files, Tenken gave me that some of the artifacts were the same ones stolen by the "Cabal" a group that attacked Sunagakure fairly recently. One of those crucial items was a scroll containing forbidden ninjutsu, which is a big no-no. Was this on purpose, though? Does she have a connection to the Cabal? Tenken wants me to bring her in for interrogation. But unlike Saburou, I get the feeling that his girl may have just stuck her nose into something where she doesn't belong. She could just be a petty thief...or a Criminal Mastermind. Why do the pretty ones have to be dangerous?

Either way, I have to find her regardless. After her successful heist at the Toraono Dojo, she's most likely had to find a place to lay low. What better area than the crowded districts of Grand Palais, specifically around the Black Market Bazaar. She's been looking for a seller to buy the artifacts she stole, most likely a collector. While there would be a lot of people who would love to get their hands on artifacts from the Toraono Dojo, I have a feeling Koko's looking for a top buyer. As luck would have it, she's going to meet with a buyer a few days from now. After shadowing her movements for a few days, and following the dead drops; Koko's going to meet with the interested party around the area. The contact she's meeting with is a representative of a local family, the Winford's. They're a family who's relatively new to Suna, but the most important part is that they're rich and big. They also would love to get their hands on Toraono Artifacts so they can rub it in everyone's faces. They also don't plan to pay the girl. Koko's going in their without a lifeline, and unfortunately, it looks like I'm the one who has to get her out. The plan's simple, shadow their movements and see where this ends up....

Tenken sure gave me something interesting...

Notes
WC: 415
MFT

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kagari Talking
Kagari Thinking
Kagari as Joker Speaking<i></i>

Koko Talking

Winford Talking
Guards/Henchman Talking

6:04 PM Black Bazaar
Grand Palais
------------------------

Trying to find someone amongst the sea of crowds in the Grand Palais would be near impossible, even though the person you were looking for stood out. It wasn't easy for Kagari, but he was able to find Koko amidst the crowded walkways and paths. He was using Chakra Sense (Master), finding her Chakra signature amongst the hundreds of people passing by. It made his job of blending in a little easier, as he ditched the tailcoat and mask for a more casual look. He was dressed in his civvies, a dark hoodie not zipped and some jeans. He had a messenger bag and wore glasses, despite not really needing them anymore. As he shadowed Koko from stall to bench, he did his best to remain inconspicuous. Koko herself was trying to blend in herself, wearing a deep maroon t-shirt that looked too big for her and some short shorts. She had a cap on that she kept low, to cover her face when she needed to. She was carrying a duffel bag on her, most likely inside were the artifacts she stole. Kagari made sure he was always an ample distance behind her, long enough to remain hidden and short enough to keep an eye on her.

After some twists and turns, he spotted Koko heading toward a nearby watering hole. From the outside, it looked like any other bar in the area. Pretty rundown, apartments on top and a bouncer outside. It was the perfect place for a double cross Although the bouncer didn't look like the typical goon who throws out drunks, he looked more professional; probably because of the suit and headset he was wearing. Kagari, who was keeping an eye on the place from a nearby food stall, he watched Koko try to head inside. She was quickly stopped by the man as he touched his earpiece and spoke, "She's here, and carrying the goods." There were a few moments of silence and then the bouncer spoke again, "Okay, you can go on through." The man stepped to the side and let Koko through.

"I wonder how I'm going to get through there..." Kagari spoke while chewing on the bun he bought from the nearby food stall, so most of his speech was muffled. He quickly finished the bun as he walked towards the entrance of the bar. The bouncer immediately stepped in his way, "Private party, beat it, kid." Kagari raised his hands and walked away. 'So, it looks like the rented the entire place out. I guess I'm going to have to go through the back.' He quickly ducked around a corner and spotted the back door. It was guarded by two more goons, although they looked less professional. They were just shooting the breeze as they were smoking some cigarettes.

"So, what should I go with, Dombas or the Morvik?"

"I don't know the Dombas is so white; it wouldn't blend in with the Kullen you got the other day..."

"Yeah, but everything's so brown in Suna. The one chance that they sell a wardrobe that's pure white is rare...It was even on sale-"

As the two men were talking about the intricacies of interior design, Kagari approached the two. "Hey I'm a bit lost, do you know the closest station nearby?" The two guards looked a bit annoyed as they both threw down their cigarettes and walked towards Kagari. "Hey! You're not allowed here kid, turn the other way."

"Sorry, I can't hear you, what?"

"He said to leave, now-"

As the two guards got close, Kagari stepped on the left guard's ankle, forcing him to kneel as Kagari threw a wild haymaker into the man's face, sending him to another place and time. The other guard tried to react then Kagari pulled back his arm and elbowed the right guard in the ribs, knocking any air out of him. Kagari followed up with a side trip, and a follow-up punch once his head hit the ground. Kagari dragged both their unconscious bodies to a nearby dumpster. He took one of the guard's earpieces and put it on so he could keep track of any guard rotations. As he dumped both of them inside, he slipped in through the back door. Inside the door was a storage area, plenty of alcohol barrels and bottles, grains and all the things a typical bar needs. He could hear faint talking coming from the hallway as he made sure not to get himself caught again in a previous mission. He still hasn't figured out how Saburou found him outside that doorway that night. As he walked to the nearby door, he could see it was a narrow hallway that led to the bar counter. There was no one occupying it as he got closer, so he hid behind the dimly lit counter. He peered over the counter and saw all its occupants, five guards and a bunch of empty tables except for one. Two people were seated at it, Koko and one Leo Winford; a noble Kagari had a run in with before.

Leo Winford was an asshole, pompous, egotistical, and a coward. A typical son of a noble family. He doesn't like it when things don't go his way, and it's easy to make him angry. Why he wanted Toraono Artifacts is unknown, but one could guess that he would like to get his hands on something precious to another family. He liked to be in control of those types of things. He wasn't too much older than Kagari, around 18 or 19. He seems like the kind of person who wants entertainment, but none of the typical types. He wanted to show off and do dangerous things, quite usual for sheltered rich kids.

"So, may I get you something to drink...Koko...?"

"it's Just Koko. And no."

Leo nodded as he motioned for a guard to bring him something. One of the guards walked toward the bar and reached over for a bottle; thankfully Kagari was hidden underneath it, so the guard didn't spot him. The guard returned with a wine bottle and poured it into Leo's glass.

"Are you sure you don't want something-"

"Look, I have the artifacts you wanted. Are you going to pay me or not?" Koko looked annoyed as her arms were crossed, staring coldly into Leo's eyes.

"My my straight to the point, I like that in my girls. But don't you worry your pretty little head with that. You will get paid once I'm sure you have..." the things I wanted."

Koko rolled her eyes as she reached down to her duffle bag and pulled out the various artifacts. On the table were relics, things you would normally find in a museum. Leo looked disappointed as he eyed each of the items. "You didn't get the item I requested?"

"Now who's the one being impatient? Here." Koko put down the final item, a scroll with the seal of the Toraono stamped on it. Leo brightened up immediately as he gazed into the scroll. He was about to pick it up when Koko smacked his hand away. The guards reacted and were about to jump in when Leo motioned for them to stop.

"You get to touch it once you pay up."

Leo laughed and snapped his fingers, a nearby guard placed a briefcase on a nearby table. He opened it up and showed what was inside, stacks of 100 dollar paper bills; most likely totaling in 100,000 dollars. Even Kagari raised an eyebrow as he saw the hefty payday. "You may inspect if you want to." Leo, sat down taking small sips of wine as the guard who placed the briefcase down went to collect the artifacts. Koko stood up and inspected the cash, counting the bills as her back was turned. Leo motioned something to the guards as they started to do take out kerosene tanks and began to spray the bar with its contents. Koko, who was unaware for a second, turned around and saw what was happening around her. "What the hell is this?!"

"This...this is how you clean up after yourself. Surely you know that?"

The guards had guns on them; Koko began to back away as one of the guards picked up the briefcase filled with cash.

"You'll pay for this you bastard."

"I highly doubt that Koko-chan. I hope you enjoy your last drink here. Bye now!" Leo and his posse began to leave, one of the guards took out a lighter and threw it into one of the puddles of gasoline, and it ignited the place instantly. The flames started to rise, and it blocked off any point of escape for Koko, leaving her stranded in the middle of the bar. Things began to fall from the ceiling as it almost landed on Koko as she rolled out of the way. "Showtime.", He summoned his mask and put it on and got to work. Kagari jumped over the counter and formed some one-handed seals, and used grand waterfall. A gush of water headed nearby Koko, extinguishing any flames and cleared a path for her. Kagari rushed over and reached his hand down to pick her up. She was shocked for a second but then accepted his help and stood up.

"Thanks..."

"Thank me when we get out of here. Follow me; I know a way out." Kagari and Koko began to move for the back door when some rubble crashed in front of them and blocked the exit. "Shit! Now, what?!" Koko yelled. "Upstairs! Quick!" They both ran for the nearby stairs. They were on the second floor; it was abandoned with no one living inside it. Kagari looked for a nearby window and broke it with his fist. Kagari looked down; it wasn't that much of a fall; so they jumped down. They were now outside the bar, in the back entrance as Koko was hunched over.

"Phew, that was a close one wasn't it?" Kagari too was thankful they made it out of there, he could see that some of his clothes were burnt from the flames.

"I'm going to get that bastard, come on let's go-"

"Woah woah, hold on. If you go after him now, you're going to get yourself killed."

"That asshole stole from me! When I catch up to him-"

"You'll catch up to him when we have a solid plan. Trust me on this okay?"

Koko stood silent for a minute, sighed and crossed her arms. "Fine, we're doing this your way...for now," Kagari smiled, she was at least sensible enough not blindly to go after the guy and his armed posse.
"Come on, let's get out of here before someone thinks we caused the fire."Koko nodded as they began to run down the twisting alleyways until they found themselves in a nearby park.

"Alright, we can talk here."

"Good cause I have a lot of questions."

Kagari laughed, "I bet you have." Kagari took out a water bottle from his pack and threw it to Koko.

"Thanks." She uncapped it and began to drink. "So...who the hell are you?"

"I'm a ninja just like you, who kept his ear to the ground and decided to follow a particular ginger thief."</B><i></i>

She smirked, "So I'm to believe you're some good Samaritan stalker?"

"Well, when you steal from the Toraono dojo, you tend to draw in creeps. Like that noble asshole Leo Winford."<i></i>

Koko stayed silent for a second. "Yeah I know what you did, and right now I don't care. The important thing is that I'm after those artifacts too, and we can get them back if we work together."<i></i>

Koko laughed, "And how can I trust you?"

Kagari shrugged, "I don't know but if you think you got a better idea, lay it on me."<i></i>

"Alright, but once we catch up to him. I get the cash. Okay?"

"Assuming he hadn't put it in a vault somewhere, sure."<i></i> A half lie, Kagari knew Tenken wanted this girl for interrogation. Although he wasn't sure why she didn't seem like the type of person like Saburou; just a thief who got mixed up in all this.

"So, you have a name Oh masked one? Or am I going to call you my stalker from now on?"

"You can call me Joker," Kagari smiled and reached out his hand to shake hers.<i></i>

<B>"okay joker, I'm Koko. Nice to meet ya." Koko smirked and returned the handshake.

Notes:
WC: 2088
Mft

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Time: 7:47 PM

"You sure he'll be here?" A feminine voice in Kagari's ear asked him a question, sounding slightly annoyed. Kagari chuckled, "You really have no patience, do you, Koko? Kagari remarked. "I'll be patient once I get my hands on the money that is rightfully mine!" The other voice was Koko; they were speaking over an earpiece that Kagari gave to her earlier.

"Technically, those scrolls you stole weren't yours in the first place..."

"Details details...I was asked by him to take some scrolls, and I did. It was a job, we had a deal and-"

"He almost burned you alive in a watering hole. It sounds like you should try something else than being a thief if this is how most of your jobs end." Kagari smirked.

"You're lucky I'm not up there, or else I'd-"

"Hey, 3:00 o clock, towards the right stairway. Two suits are coming up." Kagari spotted two finely dressed men come up the stairway, both wearing dark sunglasses and a visible headset.

"I see them, you think?"

"If it wasn't the headset and how dressed they are that gave them away, they're asking to get mugged in Grand Palais. I'd bet they're leading the party. Typically, they send a scouting party in before the main party arrives..." Kagari carefully observed the two men from an elevated position, while Koko was on the ground doing the same thing.

"I'm a trained ninja to dork." She huffed as she spat out those last few words. In Kagari's mind, he could picture her crossing her arms in annoyance.

"Just reminding you."

"You sure they'll be here?"

"I'm telling you they'll be here."

-----------------------------------------------

Flashback to An Hour and A Half Earlier.

Metal clangs filled the air as two teens began to climb a fire escape to an apartment. As Kagari reached the level that his room was located at, he opened the window and climbed in. Koko followed suite. "Hmmm, this is...."

"Small I know. Surprised?"

"Kind of. I thought Suna shinobi were paid well."

"They are...But I'm here because of some circumstances." Kagari began to walk over to his desk and began searching it for a few items he needed.

"So what are we doing here?"

"We're here because I needed to grab some things." Finding a headset and radio, he threw it to Koko. "Catch." Koko caught the small earpiece and radio, attaching it to her belt. "Thanks." She began to observe the small room, the unkempt bed, small desk and wooden end table that Kagari had. "So do you live here by yourself?" Her curiosity got the better of her.

"No, I live here with my mom. Thankfully she's not home or else I'd have to explain why I snuck in a girl into my apartment. There you are!" Kagari pulled out a map of the Grand Palais area and spread it on the ground. Beckoning for Koko to look at the map, she bent down and listened. "Okay, if you didn't know it already but Grand Palais is a one way in, one way out type of place. Other than the larger tunnels built for transferring larger items like building materials, shipments for food, etc. , there's only one location that someone like Winford can use. Here." He pointed to the Large Grand Palais transferring station. A system of trams that lead to various parts of Sunagakure.

"It's usually crowded, but an outsider like Winford sticks out. There's a separate tram designated for VIP'S, and a privatized force guards it. Once he gets in there, he's pretty much a goner." Kagari began to fold the map and placed it inside one of the drawers in his desk. "Leo is a paranoid freak; he's the type of person who'll crack easily if things don't go his way. While he won't show it, the massive crowds; the smell, the sounds will begin to bother him. If we make his guards...disappear from his sight he'll crack."

"I see. I kinda like this plan!" Koko nodded and smiled.

"Good, cause it's the only one I got right now." Kagari reopened the window and gestured for them to leave. "Let's get to the station quickly. We lose him; we don't get anything."

-------------------------------
Cut back to Present

The two guards nodded to each other and separated, moving in different directions. "Good they're splitting up. Follow the one heading to the left, wait for the guard to check in and take him out. Hide him somewhere and grab the headset."

"Right," Koko confirmed as she began to stalk the guard from a safe distance.

"Oh and try not to kill him, you're already wanted for petty theft. You wouldn't want a murder charge to complete your crime spree would you?"

"If I would want to kill someone, it would be you if you don't shut up." Kagari snickered. He could banter with Koko all day but now was not the time. He had to focus on the mission at hand. Observing the guard that went the opposite direction. Moving from roof to roof, he tailed the guard in the shadows. The guard climbed a nearby stairway, over to a second level that overlooked most of the station. The guard looked over the railing, then spoke into his headset. "We're clear here, start moving the VIP." The guard then was about to leave when he was pounced on by Kagari, knocking him out. Kagari moved his body to a nearby bench and placed him sitting down, covering his face with a newspaper making him seem he was asleep. Grabbing the guard's headset and radio, he tuned into the frequency that Winford and his guards were using.

"I took care of my guy, you?" Kagari asked Koko over the radio. He could hear a slam, followed by a muffled grunt. "What do you think?" Koko asked. "it's good enough, they're beginning to move."
"Perfect, it's time I get my hands on that rich creep." he could hear Koko's apparent distaste for the man, something they shared. "I feel the same. But we can't cause too much of a scene. I may be a Suna Shinobi, but I'm not exactly in..."uniform" right now."

"Don't you worry your pretty little head. I know how to be discreet." On cue, Winford, and his party arrived. Flanked by numerous guards, Leo looked around the station and looked visibly disgusted. One of the guards was carrying the briefcase of Yen meant to pay off Koko, Winford himself carried the scroll container in hand. He looked off-put by the crowds, a mix of lower and middle class people all heading home from a hard day of work. "Let's get going; I don't want to be here in this wretched place for long." Kagari could hear over the headset from the recently sleeping guard. Winford sounded uncomfortable, which was ironic since he seemed to like being in the spotlight. "I'm glad he has stereotypical rich guy personality traits. I'll bet you a thousand yen he groans in disgust when he walks past the bathrooms." He could hear Koko chuckle, "Sure, I'll take that bet."

Winford and his party began to move through the crowd, his posse pushing people out the way with force if you were in their path. The lead guard checked in with the two scouts from earlier. "Check in alpha and bravo, are we clear?" he was met with silence. "I said check in Alpha and Bravo; I repeat are we clear?!" The guard raised his voice but still, no answer. The lead stopped the posse and turned to the men guarding Winford. "We have a problem sir."

"What is it?!" Leo asked, very annoyed.

"The two men we sent out earlier are not reporting in."

"Well find them!"

"Sir, if they were compromised, then we wouldn't be able to find them amidst the crowds. If the people who did take them out are hiding in the area, then we need you to stay put here until we can confirm it's safe."

Leo cursed under his breath, "Fine. But you better be quick!"

The lead guard spoke over the headset, "Men fan out." Eight guards began to spread out into the station, while three including the lead guard stayed with Leo nearby a bench. "Alright same deal, we take out the guards one by one, until it's just his captain and the other two guarding him. Simple right?" Kagari asked as he jumped onto the railing, balancing as he overlooked the entire crowd. "Yep."

"Remember no kill-"

"I got it; I got it," Koko complained over the headset as she began to stalk the different guards one by one. Kagari smiled, "It's showtime." He jumped off the railing; it was time to do work.

----------------------------------------------------
A few minutes later.
Leo began to tap his foot on the ground impatiently. Turning to the captain and asked, visibly upset. "Well?!"
The captain checked into his headset, "Report in team."

"Sector clear."

"here as well."

"sec-" The guard over the radio was cut off; the last sounds a yell of pain followed by silence.

"Charlie and Delta, get over to Echo!"

"Roger that-" Again, another abrupt cut off followed by quiet. The captain swore, and shouted into his headset. "All guards, get over to the last positions of Echo!" No answer or response was given. The captain realized that most his squad were more than likely out of commission.
The captain looked alarmed and turned to what was remaining of the Leo's now dwindling posse. "Well?! What's happening?!" Leo stood up, looking distraught as he wanted answers. "We need to move sir, now!" The captain motioned for the two other guards to follow him as they got closer to their destination. Rounding a corner, they saw a cloaked figure in black, leaning on a wall with his arms crossed. The figure got up from his relaxed position into the center, smirking at the small party of four. The guards got out their weapons and were about to fight when the lead guard stopped them. "So, I take it you're the one who's been taking out my men?"

"More or less, but I couldn't steal all the credit for myself." Kagari turned his head and looked at them, motioning the party to look. Winford and his guards turned around and saw Koko standing there as well, arms crossed and a wide smile. Winford, visibly angry and shaken yelled, "Well what are you doing, take them out!"

The lead guard turned back to Kagari, inhaled and exhaled deeply. "Well, this saves us the trouble." the lead guard took out a large knife from the inside of his jacket, a shiny K-bar with a knuckle duster hilt. As he stepped forward, he quickly turned around and stabbed Winford in the gut multiple times. Winford yelled out in pain, the last ounces of life escaping from his mouth. The two guards ignored the yelps and cries from their supposed VIP, split up ready to fight Kagari and Koko. Kagari, shocked at the sudden betrayal shook himself awake and ran to one of the guards. The guard had a pistol and began firing at Kagari. Ducking and dodging each bullet Kagari planted his foot on the wall to his right and jumped off, using the sudden burst of elevation and acceleration to punch the guard.

The guard tried to cover his head but Kagari was too quick, the guard stumbled as Kagari grabbed onto the hand that held his pistol and disarmed him. Taking the gun, flipping it around and using the handle of the gun as an improvised weapon, he pistol whipped the guard, before tripping him over and again smacking the blunt end of the pistol on the back of the head; before emptying the gun and the clip. Koko herself was busy fighting the other guard, handling herself. The captain himself took out his broad knife from the insides of Leo and charged towards Kagari. He had a large frame, the knife he wielded was the size of a shortsword in Kagari's hands. Kagari stepped back as he avoided the swings of the sharp weapon, countering with a sharp kick to the gut to push him back. Kagari reached into the insides of his coat and unflipped his blade, what looked like to be a simple hilt was a short blade that worked like a butterfly knife. Kagari's blade flipped out of the hilt and locked in place with the captain's knife.

"You got skill kid, maybe in a few year-" Kagari quickly flipped his blade and pushed the captain's blade into his chest, which prompted Kagari to take him out using the Captain's weight against himself. The Captain tumbled over, coughing up his blood. Koko herself was in a bind when Kagari used his blade to slash at the legs of the last guard, which Koko quickly finished off with a quick knee to the face, knocking out the guard. Winford was clutching his stomach, lying in his pool of blood that stained his delicate clothing. Kagari rushed over to Leo and began to stabilize him as quick as he could. It was to no avail, as Leo began to fade away. Kagari sighed and closed his eyes, before standing up and turning to the captain who was in the same state.

Kagari grabbed onto the collar of the Captain, shaking him awake, "Who do you work for?! Do you work for the Cabal?!" The guard's eyes were fading, as he stared into Kagari. He didn't respond to Kagari's questions. "Tell me!" Kagari yelled out.

"Go...to...hell...." The guard passed away, and Kagari cursed at the now dead Captain and let go off his collar. Koko herself looked displeased at the entire situation, crossed her arms as she just stared at the corpse of Leo Winford.

"you know, I thought you would have just grabbed the scrolls and money and hightailed it while I was trying to get an answer out of the leader." Kagari picked up the scroll container and placed it into his coat. "I really would have but...I don't know, after this whole thing, it's-"

"Eye opening?"

"Yeah, a bit. I mean he did the same to me but these guys, it was so brutal, so sudden. This guy's a dick, but he didn't deserve getting such a painful death." Koko shook her head, sighing at the bloody sight.

"That's what happens when the Cabal's involved. They tend to take out whoever they want at a given notice."

"Have you encountered them before?" Koko asked as she looked up to the now approaching Kagari.

"No, I haven't. This is the first time I've ever been on something like this." Kagari could now hear loud footsteps and yells approaching,

"Looks like the police are here, we should move." Koko nodded silently. Kagari grabbed the briefcase holding the money handing it to Koko, they ran in the opposite direction, vanishing into the crowds.

-----------------------------------
9:34 PM
At Kagari's apartment once again.

Kagari opened the window to his apartment from the fire escape, letting Koko and himself in. "take a seat anywhere. You want a drink?" Kagari asked the redheaded girl.

"Yeah, sure." She responded as she took a seat on Kagari's small twin bed. Kagari nodded as he walked out the doorway into his apartment and returned with two bottles of water. "here." Kagari handed the cold bottle to Koko.

"Thanks." she took a sip and was alarmed at how cold it was.

"Wow, this is practically ice! You drink it this cold?!

"Yeah, I tend to get that same response from everyone. I need it for certain reasons." Kagari took a few gulps as well before setting it down on his desk. Sitting down on the chair, he took off his mask and placed it on the table.

"I'm technically not supposed to do that, but it's been a long day." He wiped his face with a nearby towel and put on his black rimmed glasses.

"So you really are a dork huh?" Koko smirked, chuckling at the revelation of Kagari's slightly impaired vision.

"I don't need the glasses, but it helps from time to time." Kagari relaxed in his chair as he took another few gulps of water.

"So....what now?" Koko asked as she played with the plastic label on her water.

"Well...we did have a deal, and I won't betray it. You kinda know where I live and what I look like after all..." Kagari rubbed the back of his head and chuckled a little.

"Yeah, you're a pretty bad ANBU member if you revealed all this to your target."

"Well, I never considered you my target from the beginning. The scrolls were. I think you were just a person caught up in the middle." Kagari paused as he looked into the girl's eyes. "Look, I have another requirement for the mission, and I may as well come out and tell you this. I have to bring you in." Koko got up immediately, but Kagari held up his hands. "But I can explain this entire situation, and if they do something to you, I'll have them do the same to me," Kagari spoke, with a determined look on his face.

Koko looked unsure what to do, she sighed and sat back down on Kagari's bed. "Okay, fine. But you better stand by your promise Joker." She laid down on Kagari's bed, tired from the whole ordeal. "Kagari."

"What? She leaned up, confused.

"It's Kagari; my name is Kagari Toshiwakai." The teen scratched his head and sighed; he just broke the second rule Tenken told him not to. Koko smiled and got up. She reached out her hand to shake Kagari's hand. "well it's nice to meet ya Kagari Toshiwakai, my name is Koko Kaga." She had a smirk on her face.

Kagari laughed, and shook her hand, "Well it's nice to meet you, Koko." They shook for a couple of seconds, just smiling and staring at each other until the realized for how long they held each other's hands. Both of them blushed dropping the handshake and separating. "Uh, we should get to the Obsidian quickly. Maybe after a...a break." Kagari sounded embarrassed as he looked away from Koko. Koko herself was blushing too, crossing hear arms and looking out Kagari's window. "S-sure! I could use a nap." Koko laid down on Kagari's bed about to drift off into sleep after realizing how tired she was. "I better not wake up chained to a wall with other masked freaks surrounding me Kagari!"

Kagari laughed, "Don't worry. I promised." Kagari placed a sleeping bag on the floor at the foot of his bed and lied down. "I'll wake you up in a few hours."

"Okay, night."

"night."

And so the two teens drifted into sleep, after a day of betrayal, fire, stabbing, and mischief. What awaited the two of them at the Obsidian would be a turning point for the both of them, their futures now tied together.

MISSION END
[TOPIC LEFT]

OOC: I'M ALIVEEEEEE. AND SO IS THIS MISSION.
WC: 3180 Words
MFT

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back