Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Administration Records: The Cost of Freedom [Req. Tama]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Shin has been a Medical Chief for the Omni Prime Medical Facility for some time he has gotten to know quite a few of the Mednin and MiTs that have been training in the branch and learning about their specialties. He was after all leading the Research and Development team in the Omni Prime. The issue that he was finding was that a lot of the records for the past Research and Development within the Sunan Medical Branch mentioned a man name Ryuu Tama. A name he had heard in the past but had never had the chance to put a face to. There were reports of some more experimental studies that he had held, and Shin wanted to make the relationship to this man had with the Sunan Medical Branch consisted of clear and established boundaries. There were rumors that within the outer regions of the Land of Wind he was still practicing and partaking in his studies.

Tying a note onto the leg of his Contracted Summon, Tetsuya, Shin would step to a window and send the bird out to search far and wide for this man named Ryuu Tama.
Dear Ryuu Tama,

It has come to my attention that you are practicing the Medical Arts within the Land of Wind but no following established methods as by the Sunan Omni Prime Medical Facility. I have also come to learn that your training was provided by Sunagakure no Sato which is why the continuation of Medical Arts without the direct supervision of the Omni Prime Medical Facility has caused alarm. This letter is to serve as a cease and desist to all current and future medical practices until a formal investigation and interview has been completed under my watch. I expect to see you soon.

I will be waiting in the Medical Chief of Research and Development Office during standard office hours which can be provided by any of the attending staff.
Chikamatsu Shin

Shin did not expect the man to arrive that day, but Shin was patient. He would tend to his office as promised for about a week, hoping that this Ryuu Tama would be willing to show his face for the interview that will prompt the investigation.

The office was a clean white, open space with chic white cabinets and cupboards which lined the walls of the nearby operating room. There stood a single glass wall between the office and the operating room but the energies they provided were drastically different. Within the office numerous plants could be seen taking up any available counter space and a decorative tea set sat in the corner while the operating room was absolutely sterile. The single table in the middle of the operating room was made of a metallic silver and underneath it was an open faced storage unit filled with multiple scrolls that appeared to all have the identical sealing jutsu holding them shut.

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
It was actually a decent day for a change. The sky was clouded over in his part of the desert, meaning he didn’t need to waste near as many precious resources on keeping his underground lair cooled. The power could be shifted instead towards some of the experiments he had been setting on the back burner due to their extensive resource needs, and the day itself meant he could finally do a certain experiment outside. This particular one he was working on currently was mixing two chemicals - a seemingly simple task. One chemical was newly discovered through a mix of Chakra Crystal powder held in the lining of a desert tiger's liver for a week. The other was old hat for explosive making. The reasons he had put this particular project off was obvious, and still winded, shrouded days like these were rare in his country.

A mound of sand began to shift uneasily before lifting up slightly as a large metal dome rose to the sound of heavily stressed gears. Within minutes a platform had exposed itself in its entirety before the dome split down the middle with a loud clang. Gears continued to grind as the giant of a scientist manually turned a wheel to open the ceiling of his risen lab. Could he had long ago opted for a more automatic rescinding dome? Sure, but Tama wasn’t nothing but frugal in the most ridiculous of ways, and he would argue that doing the mad scientist thing old-school style like this kept him in shape.

With the fresh still desert air surrounding him in the shade provided by storm clouds above, the blond clapped his hands in delight once before letting go of a satisfied sigh. Moving towards the large steel table that was his work area, his hand idly flipped the needle on a record player stationed on its own table nearby, to begin filling the desert air with soft strings from hidden speakers. Reaching to the top of his head to lower his glasses/safety googles, the scientist’s surprisingly dexterous hands reached for the glass beakers filled with fun colored mystery fluids when a bird entered his ‘space’.

The winds of Suna were ever at the Hybrid’s beck and call. Whether it carried a bird or some jackass on some floating sand, Tama would know usually well before others. The creature that began to circle him brought forth an appetite as he realized it was indeed a bird; his usual go-to for soul snacks. His eyes then narrowed. The thought of getting rid of the tasty distraction before continuing on stirred one part of his mind. Using it for part of his experiment was another; he needed to know if his potential liquid explosive was digestible, after all. Before the mad man could commit to either atrocity he caught a scent of chakra in the air that told him the potential snack belonged to someone.

The bird landed, wisely, far out of his immediate reach. Even with a quick skip of time, the Hybrid doubted he could catch the bird so easily. The intelligent look in its eye told Tama it was possibly a summon, but that was just a hunch based on the energy it exuded to exist. The note was untied via it's own beak as it kept a watchful eye on the scientist, and left the rolled note in the sands before taking back off into the sky. No doubt as to not reveal its true nature and keep the scientist guessing at who was trying to get his attention. The Government sent birds. Bird-birds. Shinobi, sent Contract Messengers to ensure they could find the ever wandering doctor. Since it didn't "poof", it really could have been either.

His mood starting to foul despite the promises of the day, he walked across the platform towards the note before hopping off and down into sands. The residual heat of the day before the clouds moved in stung his bare feet for a moment before he willed the air to carry him lazily towards the note. Scooping it up, Tama unrolled the message, reading it with speed before rolling his eyes in exhaustion. Who was the last Medical Head that tried to reign him in again? Kasen? Memories of her tearing down his door with a shark head pried briefly into his reality before he dismissed them. The doctor had moved out of Suna and into the dunes to get away from this exact problem, but it was a new Chief. It’d be rude of him to not at least say hello and perhaps, casually threaten them. This wasn’t his first rodeo, so to speak. Stepping back onto the platform Tama summoned a clone to close the dome back up as he kicked on the switch to start lowering the lab back into the desert.

===

A few hours was all it took for Shin to get a hold of the elusive Tama. On a whim the madman decided to say hello instead of just do his normal thing and ignore the hospital's Medical Chief; an easy thing to do since he wasn't on their direct payroll. The Hybrid was even kind enough to simply knock on the door instead of doing his normal thing of slipping through the cracks in an ethereal form, then scaring the crap out of whoever was on the other side. Dressed in his usual affair of ratty labcoat, sunglasses, mostly buttoned up shirt black slacks and flip-flops, he looked every bit as non-professional as those charts no doubt tried to scream in warning. His appearance only appeared groomed with his hair which, despite everything else about the man including the bags under his eyes, was perfect.

[MFT]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It was no more than a few hours before he heard a knock on his office door. Could it be? Raising out of his sea he would walk towards the knock and open it. This must be him. The blue eyes of the Overseer looked over the tall man with a grin, the bluish hue shifted reddish for a split moment. From the top of his head to the bottom of his feet Shin would make sure he took in all of the details he could. Messy, but prideful. You could tell a lot about someone based on their presentation to the world around them. He seems to try and give off an aire that he doesn't care but with the way his hair was essentially perfect said otherwise.

"Please, come in. Ryuu Tama I presume. I am Chikamatsu Shin, I am glad you responded to my summons so quickly." If Tama would enter the room Shin would gesture outwards, creating a small table with a pair of chairs with a beautiful bouquet resting atop. "Please, take a seat, I assume you have travelled far. I am sure it comes to no surprise that this position of mine is a recently assigned one."

Shin would take a seat and swirl his finger into the air just above the table, conjuring forth a glass of tea. He let out a sigh as he crossed his legs and twinkled his fingers to the other side of the table summoning another cup of tea. "Would you care for a cup of tea?"'

A few moments later Shin would begin. "So, let's not dawdle on formalities. I am sure you saw the letter and the reason that I wish to speak with you." Shin side eyes Tama. "Tell me about your practice outside of the village. If it seems to be worth funding I am willing to sanction it through the Omni Prime Medical Facility, but if it is lack luster..." His eyes once again move up and down the mercenary, "...you will need to stop the unsanctioned medical practice and return to the Medical Branch of Sunagakure no Sato, properly."

He would take a sip of his tea. He could feel the power radiating from this man, but that was not going to deter him. Shin had a job to do and he wasn't going to allow anyone to stop him. Hell, he had already stood face to face with the infamous Akkuma and told that wandering cesspool of filth and corruption to leave the village.

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
The ancient doctor ducked under the doorway and walked into the office, thankful for the slightly higher ceilings than the hospital halls had. His curiosity was already piqued on a number of factors. The first, and possibly most important, was the fact that this Chief was male. To say he had a grudge against the female gender would be an understatement given his notorious history with women in general. Their presence often set Tama on edge. At one time, before he genetically altered himself about 2-3 clones ago, he had a psychological fear of the fairer sex; an outright phobia. Seeing Shin’s squarer shoulders, firmer form, and hauntingly beautiful eyes, placed the summoned Hybrid in a good mood. He strode across the office to the offered chair, his sandals flopping against the back of his heels before he spun his back to the chair with a dramatic flair, launched his lab coat out behind him to cascade down behind the seat’s back as the doctor sat with a breeze’s grace; despite the comical sizing. He looked like an adult at a child’s tea table, but didn’t deny the offered cup of tea.

Lifting the cup to his nose the mad man inhaled deeply. The natural aromatics of the tea hit his senses like a truck, with leaf oils so fresh that they had be grown locally; there was no other way. Suna had changed a lot in his years away had produced the ability to grow such fresh produce. The powerfully fresh scent cleverly did well to disguise potential truth serum as well, the scientist thought to himself with a smirk before partaking the hot beverage anyways. He had no reason to believe Shin would commit to such basic evils that the ANBU enjoyed, but then again it was him. Tama had to assume everyone was trying to get that upper hand, and those that tried were well within their rights to do so. He didn’t live as long as he had, 64 years if you didn’t count the 100 lost in a time loop, without being an incredibly hard to nail down.
Delicious,” was all the scientist remarked after drinking down half the cup. Then it was on to business which caught him a little off guard. Most people who tried to get his attention were almost always ‘flattery first, job second’. To see the Medical Chief be so bold was exciting. Yet he couldn’t help but cut into a rancorous laughter at the man’s audacity.

Oh, bless your heart,” Tama replied before righting himself a bit more in the chair, “You really believe you can, don’t you? Make me return, that is. You’d have a strike on your hands faster than you could say ‘Labor Rights.’ If there are still files in existence that can speak of some of my stranger attempts at science, then there are employees who remember me well enough to keep those files around.
Which is a shame. I see that my contact in ANBU didn’t get a hold of all the files on me. Figures the hospital would have their own little novel on my misdeeds as well, but I can assure you that most of my most heinous practices are safely in the past. I’ve denied no less than six people this year who wanted me to bring back a loved one to life! But current projects? Honey, I have more things going than I rightfully have time for,” Ironic since he could literally stop the very concept of time if he wanted.
But! I do have a few that are on the edge of breakthrough that I could shift my focus on. One’s that would be for the ‘betterment of man’ and such - they’re just lacking funding. A definitive cure for Chakra Coil Cancer, a new and improved Soldier Pill that comes with its own calories to burn, and a panacea for three common diseases that we have no actual cure for. Other than that, I’m working on a new explosive but, I’m sure that’s more in interest to the actual military.

Tama leaned back in his chair, careful not to put too much of his weight against the chair’s back that barely cleared the small of his back before taking another long sip of tea.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Well isn't that perfect, quite the ideal timing. You have cleaned up your ways and are working on projects that will, how did you put it, be the `betterment of man`" The Medical Chief would grin at Tama. "And what do you know, it appears that my branch has actually been looking for just that. Much to my surprise it appears that funding is not an issue we are currently facing either." He played koi with the mercenary.

Placing his glass down and slowly sliding his finger across the edge of it he would continue. "It sounds to me like what you need is exactly what I am offering you, but to get it..." Shin's face would lose the false smile as he would speak with a confident tone. "...you must simply do as I ask when I ask for it."

Shin would hold his stance on this moment for a short while before leaning forward slightly in his chair, resting an elbow on his knees and his chin on his hand looking over at Tama playfully again. "Is that something you can do, listen to an order and follow through with it? I can understand how a man of your status would most likely desire independence and freedom to do as you wish, but if funding is what you are lacking to do just that then perhaps we could become partners. When I ask for you assistance you provide it, no questions asked, and in return we can fund some of your more beneficial projects, so long as the reports continue to come in so that we know how we are rewarding you for such good behavior. If you do not wish to carry the banner of Sunan Mednin that is fine, so long as you can respect my authority in this position and do as I ask."

Shin was testing the boundaries to see how submissive Tama was willing to be and at what price that may come at, but if he willingly submitted to Shin's request they would both come out of this meeting with satisfied needs and no need for any hostilities between them.

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
Things were actually going Tama’s way, for a change; at least when dealing with Suna. Most of the time the medical branch pushed back against the scientist, and for good reasons, but it was why he up and lifted his entire practice into private. His chaos could no longer mesh with the desert shinobi military, and they almost seemed all to glad to let him go so long as he didn’t spill the beans on Suna. The seal on his heart itched a little, as if reminding him why they were able to finally strike a deal. It had been exciting at first to finally be recognized as a man who could cure anything - but that talent had been so rarely used, Tama was finding himself somewhat bored again. Hence the experimentation on explosives and not his usual clone work. The heterochromatic eyes followed Shin’s finger as it played with rims of his glasses before looking back at his haunting eyes and strong jaw. Funding wasn’t an issue, he was told, and that excited the mercenary in more than one way. Crossing a leg over another to help hide such excitement, he bounced his foot as he listened to Shin’s offer; the flip flop dangling by a strap held between his toes.

The bouncing stopped the moment the medical chief demanded Tama’s obedience.

A frown crossed his face, then an inquisitive look as the giant turned his eyes to the high ceiling as if in thought. The image of his body “skipped” as he halted time for a few seconds to get a moment’s thought. A lit cigarette appeared between the middle and ring finger of his left hand, the cherry burning bright as he inhaled in deep thought. His exhale blew the smoke up towards the ceiling as if it was alive, circling like a snake above the abundant foliage.
And there's the problem,” he said in a more serious tone, his eyes looking down at the fellow blond, “I don’t take well to authority. Or being told what to do. Or even being asked to do something differently. When I was called in for services last time, a disease was managing to ravage beyond the capabilities of your hospital. I took no one’s notes, I charted everything by hand, and within hours I, came up with a cure. Me. Not the last medical chief, not any of the other doctors, and certainly not the low-level peons we call “nurses.” Call it pride, ego, or the curse of my…heritage,” the scientist quickly corrected himself not wanting to reveal his Hybrid nature just yet, “but I always come through.
That’s the caveat of working with the greatest mind the Wind Country has ever known. I will however, follow the rules of a binding contract,” Tama quickly brought up knowing his Solar Heritage was trying to bang against the door he had sealed it behind. He was trying hard to balance being too egotistic and not show his desperation for the delicious funding the hospital had, because it had produced some of his greatest hits; things that would have never come to fruition without the help of the Omni-Prime Medical or Sousuke’s grants. Chakra Coil Transplant, Chakra Coil Tumor Removal, Chakra Coil Fusion - all of them, Tama’s grandest designs that were still used by the hospital to this day.

So, how about this,” the scientist said sitting back up and flicking an ash into nothing as his chakra whisked it out of Shin’s office, “We’ll bicker over a contract for the next few weeks, get to know one another, and put something to paper that’s a little more permanent that isn’t just ‘don’t tell the village secrets.’ I’ll stick around for the time being, walk around and see what’s new, and by the end of the week I’m sure we’ll have come to an accord and I can get right the hell back out into the dunes.

His eyes looked over the rims of his shades as he stared down Shin. This wasn’t just the ner’do’well from the legends. A hypocritical shyster who was pure chaos that did whatever the hell he wanted when he wanted. No, this was a powerful…being, sitting across from the medical chief, and his size and exuding aura only helped give off the presence of something that one would need to be careful of entering into a bargain with. While it was clear he wasn’t say, Akkuma, who preferred favors, the doctor across from him had better make sure the contract was air-tight. The Solar Ancient within would refuse to do anything but follow a contract to the letter, but if a loophole presented itself, Tama, would be more than happy to use it against his own ego for personal gain.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin's face held the smile as Tama spoke about how he was anti-authority but willing to follow a contract. Shin would even chuckle as e went on about how powerful he was and how he was able to outperform the previous chief's skills. The last Chief Shin knew was Byakko Akujin, and honestly, at this point Shin was significantly more profiencent in the medical arts.

"Until the contract is finalized, signed, and notarized I am unfortunately going to insist that you be under surveillance while within the Omni Prime Medical Facility. I am sure you can understand why." As Shin spoke his eyes would dance through a prismatic spray ov various colors. Though Tama may not realize it, the Overseer has conenctions to multiple sets of eyes that are scattered throughout not only the Omni Prime, but the village as well. It was at this point a knock on the door could be heard before it was opened.

Two attending "nurses" would walk in. "Ah! right on time as always." Shin would stand and gesture towards the two new arrivals while still facing Tama. "These are two of my homunculi. You will find that I am not settling to be on the same level as my predecessors. I plan to push the extend of reality until I can feel the thread that would break it. During my studies I have discovered how to not only create artificial human bodies, but souls as well." He looked back at his creations, gesturing to the one in grey before the one in blue. "I call this model Hosa, and this chakra sensitive model is Kankoshi." He would look back at Tama.

"I am most interested in seeing your terms and condiditons for this contract, but in the mean time please enjoy the company of my "nurses" and check out the newly built Arboretum, you may find quite the exotic collection of herbs that you have not come across in your time isolated in the desert" Shin would walk towards Tama in an attempt to pull out the cigarette from Tama's mouth before dropping it and stamping it out.

"And please, no smoking in the facility."

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
Well now, that was neat to say the least. The man claimed to have found a way to fine tune his science into being able to create souls and people. The latter was, at least, something that now three people he knew were capable of doing but, even the Hybrid himself had a limit. The things he made were just biological upgrades for himself. Clones with vats scattered across the Wind Country that his soul, should it ever leave the young clone he left it with, would return to one of the others making him effectively immortal. The catch was, of course, his memories between life-to-life was spotty and only the deep ones that etched themselves kept; usually the dying parts.

This man claimed to have been able to create not only walking-talking humanoids but souls themselves. How did they taste? Would they have that same flavor as fake sugar, would they be as addictive as human souls were? Thinking about everything that went into the protection of his own as it flew from body to body, Tama was very much about to call Shin on his bullshit when the two nurses walked in. The elemental felt them before he “saw” them, but there was no doubt about them; they were exactly as the new chief proclaimed. Only an artificial soul would have that kind of a glow to it, he surmised immediately. A frown fixed itself to his face purely due to their physical shape though. Women. What was the obsession with the female form? His excitement to study such creatures quickly went soft, but he was curious to hear about Suna’s new garden; so he wouldn’t exactly be bored while thinking up his terms.

I…well, you have me at a lost for words. You clearly stand in a different league from the last Chief and most scientists I know,” Tama said with an impressed expression as his mismatched eyes stared into Shin's…looking for something, it seemed, “To think someone had managed to create an artificial soul. I’d call you a liar if I wasn’t in the presence of two living miracles.
Don’t worry about your hospital, I’m not here to raise Cain. I have a few things around Suna I should pick up on while I’m in town. Ex-fiance to visit, garden to see, old contacts to tap and see how the business in the Undergound is still doing,” he casually claimed, laying down a piece of bait he would have never given ANBU no matter what they offered. The monsters took away his black book and all of his original research, beat him half to death, and threatened all kinds of horrid things that just invoked nothing but mockery; and not once had he spilled on where that infamous new Black Market was. No doubt Shin was of the “chivalrous” type who would most like storm down on the villainous home to unjust deals and scour away a dark piece of Sunagakure’s history…

…all the while opening up the field for Tama.

I’ll have the first draft ready by the end of the week, on your office table around 12pm sharp; hopefully in time for lunch if the ER isn't over run.

The Ryuu stood up from his little chair and walked away from Shin before stopping time with a snap of his fingers. He walked past the Humonocli and reverted his form into a more gaseous one to slip through a crack in a nearby window before aligning his chakra to the winds to glide away from the Omni-Prime and into Suna proper. He wasn’t lying when he had a few things to check on, and the first one that quickly came to mind caused his hand to swat at the air until his form floated towards the Diamond District…

[Topic Left]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin would grin as he finally caused the mischievous Tama lose his words. "As I said, I am not here to settle with where my predecessors sat. I plan to make it a well known fact that Sunagakure is the pioneer for not only medical advancements, but for bioengineering life itself. Perhaps, once we get the contract finalized, I could show you some of my research in created completely synthetic souls and how to fragment and nurture a new soul from a preexisting one."

Shin nodded as he listened along, it was not his place to worry about the going ons in the hell pit that was the ruins, as he would prefer to leave that to the Sunan Police Force or for the ANBU Operatives to handle. Shin was the leading Medical Chief for the Omni Prime Medical Facility and as such he didn't have the privelidge to split his attention elsewhere. Not until he had a few more Mednins trained and put into their fields of study.

As Tama would begin to stand up, Shin would respond. "If its not, I will make sure you are found and handled. I have no concern that you would back out now, after seeing where I stand." And before he knew it the man was gone, simply faded from existence out of the room. He would chuckle.

"Hosa, Kankoshi, find him and tail him from a distance. Keep his actions within your understanding but don't give up your location. Do not treat him as you would a regular client, this man seems exceptionally slimy."

MFT:260
[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back