Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Advance in Another Direction (Jin'ichi mission)

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
(Jin'ichi was captured in the original mission, this is him escaping. He may or may not get caught up with Roku and company)

The first thing that would come before sight would be smell. It stank. Jin'ichi would could smell flesh rotting, and the scent of charred flesh. It was an off putting smell, but given his street smarts and experiences this may as well have been something that was within his range of experiences. The Takahashi would find himself blindfolded. He would also find himself tied up to a chair. His shirt was gone, but at least his enemy was gracious enough to leave him with his pants. His shoes though were not present. Another curious thing, but strangely Jin'ichi could feel grass on the soles of his feet. Was he in the middle of a field? His sense of smell would tell him otherwise. Jin'ichi would hear murmurs of sorts. His ears told him that he was hearing a chanting going on. Was he in some sort of church? Unfortunately for Jin'ichi he did not run with Roku into the basement of the estate where he would have encountered church-like people clothed in red who were throwing barrels of ale at the man known as Crash.

If Jin'ichi were to explore his situation he would find that he was tied up and sitting. His hands were bound by rope. If he applied the right amount of pressure he could break the bonds. If he didn't want to make a sound he could also draw upon his bestial qualities and use his finger nails to attempt to cut his way out. Unfortunately he was disarmed of his ninja-to but chances were he could indeed find it in his immediate vicinity. Jin'ichi would also find that his feet were bound too. His ankles were tied up the legs of the chair. His chest was not bound strangely enough, only his hands and his feet. Seemingly the enemy did not think much of him. Given the fact that his enemy, Necromanta, was a flirt it was quite possible she was awaiting for him to wake up. Luckily for him, she was not here or else this would have gotten very awkward, very fast.

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Continued from The Fukui Extraction.
Disconnected from the realm of those still conscious, Jin'ichi found that his mind continued to race nonetheless. In a dreamlike manner, images of events both long-passed and recent carrying his misdeeds and failures became inescapable. With his mind and soul somewhere other than his body, the feeling of the blindfold, chair, and ropes would go unnoticed until his waking moments. Until then, the version of himself that lacked form could only acknowledge itself and the unreal sensations that teased at their false existences. He could see his mother and siblings, left behind in the Concrete Hell so that he could seek pointless vengeance while they suffered with now one less helping hand... Their spectral portraits seemed made of colorful smoke, lacking the fine details but his subconscious knew whom each figure represented.

As though a gentle gust of wind swept across the darkness, the smoky images were blown away. What remained of the psychedelic smog came together once again, forming scenes where Jin'ichi had left others behind, or selfishly put his own feelings first. It was hazy, and the outlines wobbled on their own, but he knew everything... One looking within would merely note blurred and mute images. Though Jin'ichi, could hear the voices of the past dubbing over the scene as if staffed by a full crew. "Oniisan, how come you don't ever play with us?" The little brown figure was voice by a little girl. "I ain't no girl, I don't play with dolls. I don't dance. The heck are we supposed to do?" The little crimson figure was barely bigger, but his voice was raspy and serious. Then an indigo little figure leaned over the brown one, looking towards the taller shade of blood. "We could do music, or-" Before the similarly raspy but feminine Indigo's voice could continue, Crimson interrupted. "I'm fine." He turned around and walked away, the wispy portrait twisting into something new shortly afterwards.

The brown smoke turned to black, the indigo into a midnight blue, while the crimson and grey became more vibrant. Melding together and swirling until it exploded outwards, spilling outward as smoke turned to liquid in seconds. The splattered dyes formed a manifestation of the adopted Takahashi Makeinu, wearing the same mask he donned the day Jin'ichi put him down. The grisly and broad grin was strangely hidden in the surrounding darkness, and behind a peculiarly placed ebony glove. Onyx shackles clung to his wrists, and their chains stretched down into an unseen abyss. The boy seemed slightly older, now wearing a long-sleeved garment but the collar was unstable... Destabilized and breaking outward impossibly slow like a digital ripple. At the fringes of the collar's circumference, the dust-like particles of fractured clothing liquefied and reached out with stringy tendrils. "What's your purpose again? 'Cause I can't fuckin' tell." The voice with an attitude clearly came from the personification of the deceased, but assaulted his ears from all directions... Ears he didn't seem to have anymore.

In the background, pulsating waves of blood roared and crashed against an unseen barrier to mimic the tides thrashing against invisible walls. The inexplicable ichor almost glowed with imagined life. The masked youth with his unpigmented thin locks of hair and glowing scarlet eye seemed to laugh, as unheard chuckles caused his shoulders to rise and fall a couple times. "The last shell was... Brittle. You though? You, my man, you're a sick fuck and a cold bastard. We're gunna' get along jus' great you n' me..."</COLOR><i></i> With no lips to move, and no vocal cords to strain it was perplexing to hear the inquiry in thought become omnipresent word within the strange realm, but it happened any way. "What are you?" The questioned lingered in the air, as if there was an echo but only the crashing waves of blood sloshing around in the back continued to antagonize the senses. "Wouldn't ya' like to know?" Even while unable to feel his body, the familiar essence of anger boiling in his chest went awry. Speaking any further felt futile, Jin'ichi could already tell the apparition's jeering personality wouldn't be changed. "Fuck off then." There was a small laugh from the entity, before it dropped its hand revealing an unzipped mask and odd visage.

Smiles140e.png
"Didn't say I wouldn't tell ya', see you're impatient. If anythin' that'll be what kills ya for sure... Pity too." The older version of Shiori's deceased pet gave a quick shrug and a sigh. Meanwhile Jin'ichi said nothing. "I'm you." Even without his face, Jin'ichi could feel a look of indignation sweep over his absent form. "You're me. I've always been here, by now most of you all have been here too... Some older than others." Like the mad child that he appeared to be, the apparition spun around, twirling the chains that rattled before he stopped and they fell. "The Ancients aren't that ancient... " The last word was said with such vigor, fervor, and strength, that it threatened to break the boy himself. "Always we take forms, not all of which exist on the same frequency. The body of Makeinu existed where you exist primarily, the physical realm... In order to cross into your realm, certain sacrifices have to be made... Some won't have all their faculties in order. Things like memories don't usually endure the transition... To regain such luxuries requires a certain amount of effort. Which requires said one to realize that there's shit like that to put effort into in the first place... It comes more naturally to some than others."<i></i> There was finally silence, and what looked like Makeinu licked its lips once as if distracted in mind. "You destroyed my shell, what separates me from you. It was time!"<i></i> He shouted angrily, and suddenly.

Quickly calmly, as the sound of air rushing forth from his nostrils in a defeated exhale, the entity carried on. "I couldn't hold together... I would of found a way, but you had to be the one to find me!" His tone was angry, but suddenly his expression became happy as he leaned back and clapped. "Where do your thoughts exist? See, when you-"<i></i> He paused, and mimed as if picking up and knife and sawing down on something. "Carve... Through the brain, splitting it down the middle as you dissect... You still can't find it. The spark of consciousness, the awareness... When you think, you say I not Me to yourself. Unless you're more mind-fucked than a Jin'ichi." A sickly laugh followed, and he drew his arms up to his chest as if feigning meek posture. "Where does that I reside? Furthermore, it's still in a separate domain from the ideas and thoughts themselves... Considering the first person reference, wouldn't ya say?" Throughout all this, Jin'ichi remained silent. He was a captive audience, but one without complaint. He found the material intriguing.

"Ideas exist, for without them nothing would be created. Before the blacksmith constructs a blade, he first conceives the weapon and its design in his mind. This is done prior to any other form of drafting. Similarly to your ideas, and your consciousness existing in different places, your emotions are separate from them as well... In the realm of ideas, which ideas are the oldest of them all? I know a few, after all Jin'ichi... Where are you?"<i></i> Suddenly, Jin'ichi was able to feel the stagnant humidity that surrounded the archaic enigma. He could feel himself taking breath once more, though his body felt rigid and bound. Yet, he once more had a body. The steady crashing of sanguine waves sent vibrations through the soles of his feet, now upon obsidian ground. He leaned forward to speak, but felt fingers sliding through his hair and over his skull, while the same happened beneath his chin. Anger, rage, surprise, and confusion were all evident on his face as he was muffled by the disembodied hands. <COLOR color="white">"Wake the fuck up."

"Tapestry"
Intervals​
Jinichi284f.png
Now staring wide-eyed into the face of what he had slain, his mind raced with a million questions. However; the powerful stench of rotting burnt flesh assaulted his nostrils. For what felt like a second time in rapid succession, his eyes would tear open only to find his vision obscured by cloth. Struggling to move his arms, he felt them bound behind his back and knew himself to be seated upon a chair. Still seething with anger from what happened inside his head, Jin'ichi fought hard to remain silent and listen to his environment. His toes wiggled slightly atop the sparse blades of crash, and the cool air against his bare torso identified himself as topless. Around his bound form, mild distortions in the air mimicked heatwaves without the increased temperature. Strength surged through his body, filled with the unruly Chakra going berserk within as it frenzied for answers and peace. The sound of the ropes snapping as he yanked his arms apart wasn't subtle in the least.

He remembered the woman with her long tongue, the flirty femme fatale that signaled trouble for the squad on arrival. Flashbacks of dueling with her, and gaining her attention over all the other Sand warriors resurfaced. They had moved further and further away from the main conflict, and then- He couldn't remember. How did she get the drop on him? It wouldn't happen again. The dreamlike experience he had that spoke of cosmic and subtle things with simplicity quickly began to fade from memory. Leaning forward to stand while pulling the blindfold off his face, he would remain stoic and analyze his surroundings. "Necro-Bitch!!!" He bellowed as he rummaged through everything like a wild savage. Disorientation from the psychological or spiritual event, depending on interpretation, was to be expected. He was looking for his sword, or something else he could use. If he couldn't find anything, he would simply turn towards what appeared to be a door or exit and either kick or rip it open. He was intentionally drawing attention to himself now. His mind was addled, and he wasn't sure what he thought about anything anymore... Ideas mixed with reality, and all he wanted to do was put his foot up the ass of the bitch who stripped him of his blade.

Miscellaneous:
- Sorry for the wait, sorry for getting in so much trouble.
- Don't worry about catching me up with the others, I'll meet Roku personally back inside the village afterwards. We've already got plans of sorts for debriefing.
- Let's get this mission knocked out, then I can return and progress our plots elsewhere.
- Word Count: 1,702

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Jin'ichi broke himself out easily and howled the name of his nemesis out. Jin'ichi if he were to look at his surroundings would find himself in a strange place. The grass that was below his feet was black. Black grass? What was this about? If he were to look at the floor he would find that he was surrounded by a circle that was red. Blood? Most likely. With the exception of the black grass which was a meter wide circle, the rest of the floor consisted of stone. If Jin'ichi were to look up he would see bloody markings on the wall. The markings of the body seemed to look like some cartoonish version of Jin'ichi except he was mutilated. It was a rather disturbing scene, and hopefully Jin'ichi would escape this fate as depicted on the walls.

The cry out for Necromanta was not left unheard. Jin'ichi would hear the quickened pats of bear feet of multiple individuals. Luckily when Jin'ichi kicked the door open his foot would go through the door and kick the first person to answer the door. Jin'ichi would feel robes as he kicked the door. The door broke through and the person on the other end was pushed backwards. A satisfying crunch could be heard as impact would be made. Jin'ichi would face down two more at the door. There were two individuals in red hood robes. The robed individuals exchanged glances. They seemingly did not expect him to be awake, more importantly that he had just kicked down the door and possibly ended the life of one of their comrads. The two of them drew ceremonials knives and aimed them at Jin'ichi. the first of them moved quickly, at least more so than the guards he had seen engage Kasure earlier. It could have been simply because of the robes, or these robed individuals were trained better. The second of the two would attack Jin'ichi a few moments after.

Jin'ichi would findhimself in a hallway if he took his time to notice his surroundings. Unfortunately for him there was only one way to go forward. It seemed that Necromanta wanted him to go down this path, or did she? Did she even expect him to be alive? If anything it seemed like Jinichi was going to be used as a sacrifice to something. First and foremost Jin'ichi would have to deal with these robed individuals who were trying to poke him full of holes, but they would have done that anyways assumingly as he was in the middle of a ritual circle.

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Recollections of actions hastily taken rewound themselves in the back of his psyche. The moment he first opened his eyes and felt the cold stone and sparse blades of ebony grass beneath his feet, his eyes drank in but ignored the occult symbols. That had been after a surge of energy swelled inside his spirit, and coursed throughout his body to easily empower him and snap bonds. The adrenaline rush had transferred from his dream-state to reality, and it only dawned on him while moving to the door his new-found strength. There was no doubt in his mind that he was being driven by a hunger completely unsatisfied, ignored for the sake of civility. Staved off for the purpose of building bonds and forming friendships... But now, he was alone.

Having failed to locate anything of use within the ritualistic cell, he gave little more thought to the stolen blade. Hearing movement just outside the door once he was close enough, he smirked to himself. With a small skip forward, his right knee raised up before his left foot pivoted. At that same exact moment, the right leg would be thrust out heel first smashing through the door, and into the chest of a robed man. Shards and chunks of wood flew in every direction, while the robed victim crashed into another surface with a sickening crunch. Looking to his left and right, he'd notice two more robed men who glanced at each other after looking at Jin'ichi himself. By the both of them returned their attention to the Takahashi warrior, beautifully morbid and ornate daggers were drawn and put to purpose.

The speed with which the first slash came swinging almost caught him by surprise, taking a quick step back and leaning to the side. His evasive maneuver would only be partially effective, causing Jin'ichi to be grazed across the chest. Quickly picking up on the tempo, the second attack was already seen coming before the blade ever came into view. Taking another quick step back, he'd parry the missed blow by slapping the back of the man's hand forward as it missed its mark. Quickly, his right knee picked up as if attacking once again. Instead, it kept going across until Jin'ichi himself made a rapid spin and kicked out his left leg. The sudden momentum was enough to cause the dust and debris beneath him to fly backwards, empowering the whirlwind kick with enough force to rotate Jin'ichi several times forward and hit both men. When his bare feet landed upon the cold surface, the light tap of each feet was almost unheard and catlike.

No sooner than the moment both his feet touched the ground, would Jin'ichi sprint forward in a flash. Just like that, he was standing next to the second man to swing his blade. Two focused but rapid punches would be thrown by Jin'ichi at the apparent cultist. He'd already made up his mind what he'd do to these men, moments before ever seeing their faces. The sardonic expression that had swept over his face back when he saw the mutilated cartoon version of himself was herald to vindictive savagery. Jin'ichi would crouch down slightly, spinning on metatarsals only to kick forward with a rising uppercut towards the first assailant. He would land before his opponent if he struck, and if not he'd continue his onslaught any way. His right leg swung like dead weight, shin aiming for the leg without enough force to sweep and keep him rotating. By the time he was almost facing his other opponent he would kick himself forward with left leg that kept him grounded, bringing his shin down atop the targets head if it was unable to evade.

Jin'ichi was fast, and resourceful. So far removed from the watchful eyes of his comrades and family, he was also free to indulge himself. Throughout the whole ordeal, behind every move, there was a satisfied grin. His eyes, so unlike those of a man who had just awoken hostage to be sacrificed. Instead, they seemed more like a predator stalking its prey. There was so much more to Jin'ichi than his associates knew, than he'd allowed them to see... He hadn't been lying that day he told Kazuki he too understood an insatiable hunger.

Actions:
- Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku on both Target #1 and #2. -1.75 AP, -370 CP
- Step-In Flash on Target #2. -1.75 AP, -300 CP
- Shoryuken on Target #1. -1.75 AP, -335 CP
- Broad Slap on both Target #1 and #2 using the Special Action. This is combo'd immediately after Shoryuken, if that hits. Making it occur before either of them have a chance to react. -0.75 AP, -78 CP

Total AP: 6 | Total CP: -1,083

Miscellaneous:
- Notes: Jin'ichi is not in Cursed Seal mode, his hair has also reverted to completely black as prior to becoming frustrated at the Fukui Residence.
- I really need to expand my list of Jutsu, but I've got enough to be of use with for now.
- Word Count: 0,716

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Jin'ichi wasn't going to give these men an easy time. No far from it. He opened up their defenses with a kick. Luckily the kick hit both of them, or else Jin'ichi would have opened himself up to an attack. They staggered for a moment, the second of the two robbed men came at Jin'ichi but was met with two attacks. The first landed soundly and a crunch was heard. He hit the deltoid on the first attack which caused the man's arm to go limp. The second attack was dodged as the enemy simply shifted over. The knife he was holding hit the ground. Back again Jin'ichi was on the other man, such was evidenced by the grunts coming out of them. His knuckled connected soundly as the uppetcut set the man upwards and with enough force that his face hit the ceiling. Jin'ichi would see blood dripping down upon him as the man's face met the stone ceiling. The attack was overkill as something else broke and the man fell on his back he was not moving.

Jin'ichi didn't quite need to break up his attacks as his mind intended to do so, so instead his other foe was met with a series of slaps. Another resounding crack came from his foe's features. Much like his ally, Jin'ichi dispatched him with another upper cut which had similar effects. Bloodied but wanting more Jin'ichi would probably find more. Continuing down this path he would find a solid steel door. The door upon opening would reveal a hallway of mirrors. If he were to step forward the room would begin to move strangely. The mirrors would begin to rotate around. Jin'ichi would have to wait a few moments before going forward. If he were to progress through the hall of mirrors he would see something strange in the reflections. It was not his reflections being seen but he would see something black furred and lithe. As he progressed through the chamber he would hear growls. The closer he got to the door the faster the movements were in the mirrors. Getting to the end of the room he would open the door only to find another hall of mirrors but this time the mirrors were black. Progressing through this one he would see something furred again, but this time it was white. Was it the same thing from before? His progression would say yes as he heard the same growls. Something was watching him clearly. It wasn't Necromanta, that much was certain. Strange though that she had not come to stop Jin'ichi yet.

After the hallway of mirrors Jin'ichi would happen upon what seemed to be a dressing room of the cultists he had seen earlier. Swiping their clothes would perhaps make for an earlier escape, or at least give him the chance to get the drop on some cultists for later.

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Warning: The following post is violent, and while not explicitly graphic does suggest very brutal implications.
Don't bother reading if you're squeamish or easily offended, as the material is intended for the mission moderator. Thus, tailored to what they can accept.​

"Cul De Sac"
Killing Spree​
As the last blow connected, a soul churning crunch echoed through the corridors. Its disturbing sound was accompanied by rapid and shallow breaths, from the once-captive Jin'ichi having landed in a steady crouch. The thump of dead weight hitting the floor once as his most recent target fell limp. He could feel his heart beating, pounding against his ribs while the sting on his knuckles and shins from impact faded slowly. One drop after another of fresh blood tapped his shoulders, the shattered skull of the man hit by the powerful uppercut left brain remains and gore smeared on the ceiling. It was... Surprising, to say the least.

It wasn't the brutality of it all, he was used to seeing far more savage displays of carnage. The thing was, never before had he exhibited such raw strength. This surge of energy that coursed throughout his body, it carried pulses stronger than his own heartbeat. The world around him still felt steeped in an unseen fog, his head feeling overcrowded with indecipherable chatter that only he could hear. After another few breaths or so, he'd swiftly pick up both fallen daggers and rise to his feet, looking towards the corpse that still had its head.

With a soured expression he scowled at the already dead or unconscious man, already knowing his sort. People thought of cultists as reclusive isolationists, but he knew better. More often than not, they were well-respected members of the community with very good reputations. What they did when they came together in secret defied the imagination, of most. Giving the head one swift kick, he followed with a stomp and then several more. He kept going until he felt the surge of strength once more, and a pop was heard as the skull split open. The rest of the noise was dulled by the... Soft tissue.

With his foot still wet, he stalked the hallways with daggers in hand. Behind was a trail, a strange one seeing as the blood had only caked under his right foot. By the time he reached the steel door, he'd effortlessly raise his foot to tip its handle and push it in. A mirrored corridor laid before him, one he entered without apprehension. The odd movements of his environment had less impact, due to his mind already being addled. Everything felt like it was swirling anyway, but something kept him focused. The rotating mirrors only brought momentary pause, taking the first opportunity to push onward.

As he picked up the pace, taking more brisk steps, he noticed movement in the mirror next to him. Instantly his fist shot out, dagger still in hand, smashing into the glass. Seeing nothing behind it, he hopped to the side and began a light sprint. He caught sight of the ebony-haired beast following him in the reflection but paid it no further response. By the time he reached the next door, he'd pause to look back over his shoulder and see nothing in the mirrors. Scoffing with irritation he opened the next door the same way as the first, never dropping his blades. The growls that reverberated throughout the vicinity sent vibrations through the air. Jin'ichi felt the slight hairs on the back of his neck and forearms raise. Stopping in the center of the room and standing upright, he'd breathe out a fog condensation, as if the temperature had dropped.

With a cavalier shrug, he spoke out. "You hungry or not? Come the fuck out here an' get some." He wasn't going to be the mouse in this wildcat's game. If there was one thing Jin'ichi had learned about himself even early in childhood, it's that he was no prey. At heart, he was a predator, and the beast lurking in the shadows was fair game. While not a Shinobi, he had been familiar with demons... At least as far as lore, texts, and word of mouth was concerned. It was a passing interest, but all of his interests were indulged in binge-like fashion at all times. As sure as the Takahashi blood running through his veins, he found nothing magnanimous nor fearsome about them. Most demons were parasites, whether great or small. Few of them cared redeem themselves, and even fewer of them were worthy of pity or respect.

Miscellaneous:
- Word Count: 0,716
- Marked for training.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Jin'ichi challenged whatever it was in the mirror. The challenge was the sort one would throw down when there was little to nothing to be lost. ".emos teg 'na ereh tuo kcuf eht emoC ?ton ro yrgnuh uoY" The voice was garbled. It was distorted. There was a growling that seemed to echo in the room. Finally the speaker would emerge being the wolf-like creature. The strange part? It gave the same cavalier shrug that Jin'ichi had done so. The creature had inverted legs. Most of the weight was in the arms. Bulging muscles of sorts. The creature had black eyes, the sort that suggested there was not much life or any at all ever present. Yet Jin'ichi would see something in those eyes. He would see a predator in those eyes, but they were the same eyes as his own. Was this a reflection of Jin'ichi given some macabre form? The daggers Jin'chi had pulled earlier were on the person of this wolf-monster. The blades and the hilts were inverted in colour. The more Jin'ichi would see the beast the more it was like staring in a proper mirror. Had he always been this beast entity? There was no demonic essense present. Surely though some would call this entity before a demon, but that was because what people saw and could not describe as a demon. "Evolution seems the better choice."<i></i> The words were heard, but not spoken by the beast. Words that he spoke to his younger cousin weeks and weeks ago. The creature turned its head slightly and made a nodding motion. "Evolution, or Extinction?" <i></i>

Violently a skeletal hand would burn through the chest of this odd creature that was mimicking Jin'ichi, or perhaps it was a reflection? Either way, the creature's remains and blood would spill across Jin'ichi's face and chest. The hand that had impaled the chest would pull back and the body would hit the floor. The body was not bleeding out, it was simply there. Was it real? The hand would belong to the woman who dragged him down here. A sickening smile would come upon her face. "A hall of mirrors and it reveals things to us we're not all ready to see. I see a beast here, which doesn't surprise me at all. I thought to see horse." The skeletal hand she had tapped her chin, the hand was covered in blood. She licked the blood off of her fingernail before pulling back her hand and then allowing it to grow green. The motion then was to thrust forward and pull the same trick twice seemingly. The problem? This time the corpse that she had just made would attempt to reach out and grab Jin'ichi by the foot.

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The response he received wasn't the one he had expected, even if he wasn't sure what to expect in the first place. Ironically, the garbled vernacular was somewhat more discernible than the fading voices in the back of his mind. Unable to understand it instantaneously, he allowed the words to replay themselves in his mind while vividly spelling the words out in the recesses of his mind. By the time he realized it was little more than a reversal of his own challenge, the source would emerge. Preceded by low growling, the bestial entity stepped into the. The creature gave the same shrug that Jin'ichi himself had moments before, a less visually benign image coming from the actions of a hulking beast with abominable features.

In response, the Takahashi clansmen would tip his head to the side in scrutiny... His eyes locked onto those of the beast, completely black whereas for him only the irises and pupils carried the same shade. However; despite the aesthetic differences, as minuscule as they were... A feeling of familiarity yanked at his soul, if not simply his emotions and attention. His pupils darted towards the daggers held by the creature, noting them as merely inverse of the two he clutched with mounting anticipation. To an outsider, it would merely appear that a man was facing off against some nightmarish entity... But, to the man involved he could see it. He could see himself, for when he looked in the mirror on any given day he didn't see the unnoticeable soldier that he had become... He often saw his mask slipping away. The pieces falling away from what he had chosen to become, in hopes that it would overcome what he already was. Now before him was something that, to his addled mind, looked much more like what he felt like, than the meager flesh and bones that played husk to his life-force.

Regardless of the grisly form, he could feel no pervading sense of evil... No mounting dread that defied logic, not in the way one was supposed to in the presence of demonic forces. Reckless as he could be, Jin'ichi knew fear. However; succumbing to fear was a different story altogether, and terror or panic never graced his visage. It spoke with his own voice, recounting a conversation with Sousuke long ago... Almost forgotten in the turmoil of recent events. The conversation had been held in complete solitude... No one there outside Jin'ichi, Sousuke, and his hound. For all intents and purposes this thing was a Doppelganger. Somehow, it was linked to himself... Maybe it had been created using resources from his unconscious body, or some other means. "Evolution..." He repeated, cementing sentiments and ideologies almost forgotten in the wake of his captivity among other things. The rising hunger inside himself seemed to subside for a moment, and curiously he waited and examined the Doppelganger as if hoping it would unveil more of himself... To well, Jin'ichi himself...

It wasn't to be though, not at that moment anyway. Without warning a hand burst forth from its chest, prompting Jin'ichi to shuffle backwards quickly and raise his stolen blades. Viscera from the chest cavity and would-be ichor splashed all over the unsuspecting warrior. The hand retreated for a moment as the hulking form it once buried itself in hit the floor with a thud. Strangely enough, the corpse wasn't bleeding despite the gore plastered on Jin'ichi from its initial demise. Pupils left the corpse behind, focusing on the slayer, and recognizing her as the woman he'd been squaring off against before waking up in bondage. The woman before him was vile, and morbid. She treated the spilled life-force upon her fingertips as though it were a sweet syrup while she taunted what she felt was her prey. Before he could respond however; she made the same action that slayed the beast but now aimed at Jin'ichi himself.

The simultaneous grab by the supposedly dead creature would have surprised him, but seeing as money flicks as he had growing up... He expected at least one jump-scare. Vanishing in a blur, it would seem as though he had flickered away. In truth, speed and strength returned and flooded him like cascading falls. While one may not have been able to catch him due to the speed, if their eyes were sharp enough they'd see he had stepped backwards and yanked his foot out. Stepping back even further he would kick off the walled mirror behind him and flip overhead to land on the other side of the room in a crouch. His back was facing her. "Y'know, the fucked up part is... If you wanted some alone time, all ya' had to do was ask." He felt the muscles in his thighs now burning, it was the toll taken for using such speed without reserve repetitively. Standing and looking over his shoulder at her, only his left eye showed itself. His tongue, like her's, would escape its confines to taste the red liquid staining his lips. It tasted like his own...

He was visibly checking her out, pupil shifting from her face down to her leather-bound bosom and beyond. His tongue lingered at the corner of his lips for a brief moment, only vanishing back into its place of origin followed by sigh. "We could have had somethin' special... I got a hunch you really know how to work that tongue too."<i></i> What was his aim? Why the banter? Was he playing into the fondness for his gender divulged by her ally known as Toxman? Maybe he was just as sick as she was, and maybe... Just maybe... He was worse. Without further ado, he sped towards her and leaped into the air with a spiral. Mid-air, he flipped his daggers into a reverse-grip and spun viciously between Necromanta and the corpse. It didn't matter to him whether it was dead or not, he had to destroy it. One less puppet for her to use. Would she think him mad? His attention focused almost completely on the beast now, unleashing a flurry of slashes as he proceeded to dismember it and in the process hopefully send the bits flying all about. If she got in his way, she'd feel something sharp as well...

Actions:
- Reflexively uses Body Switch. -1 AP
- Top Spin on both Necromanta + downed Doppelganger. -1.75 AP, -350 CP
- Sword Juggle on downed Doppelganger. -1.75 AP, -350 CP
- Prepared to reflexively use Zero Slash Counter when/if she attacks again uses Special Action. -1.75 AP ?, -419 CP ?

Miscellaneous:
- Word Count: 1,047
- Marked for training.

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: I quit/forfeit the mission. For continuity purposes, everyone involved at Fukui Extraction could just pretend they never met Jin on the mission. I'm sure that won't be too difficult. I don't mean any offense, but this has dragged on really long, if you combine the time put into both missions. I know I was banned, but it's not as though the mission was on hold for me or anything. I can't do two missions at once, my mind requires a certain level of order/personal continuity, and I really want to start doing my own missions again if I'm to stick around any longer. Can't do that so long as I'm dragging behind here. Not having finished this up has made me unwilling to move forward until its conclusion, which is nowhere in sight.

I like my PC better than my NPCs, and if I'm not enjoying my time on my PC then I'm not going to give a crap what I do with my NPCs. Hence, my not posting in topics where Denrei is concerned for example. It's nothing personal, and there are no hard feelings Kage-man. I just can't do your pacing anymore.

It's not even a matter of having something to do, since my hands have been really full lately. However; signing in and seeing nothing so often makes me not want to sign in at all. This is why I personally don't take on more topics than I can handle, so I don't have others waiting. However; after my last ban I've had a "Devil May Care" attitude towards Ninpocho that I've been trying to shake. While I was banned, I just turned my attention to other things and now that I'm unbanned it's hard for my attention to return from those other things. Especially if there's not a whole lot of stimulation for me here any way. Much respect, and thanks for your inclusion of me in both segments. I'll stick to solo mission for now if I'm to take any more missions. I'm debating whether or not to just nix all the threads I'm in, and start fresh with one single RP at a time. My decision will be made obvious within the following days or so.

I can't force myself to do something I'm not into, and "suspense" actually makes me less inclined to care. While I enjoy writing, perhaps roleplaying really isn't for me anymore. I'll figure it out and let ya know.

If it's not obvious by now, OOC rewards never have and never will mean anything to me. If I'm losing interest, then I'm simply losing interest. (Sousuke is aware of my lack of a messenger service, hence the length of my explanation being put where he can easily find/read it.)
[Topic Left/Given Up/Closed]

99-problems-meme-generator-i-got-99-problems-but-a-itch-aint-one-a62f7d.jpg

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back