Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission Adventures in Babysitting [D-Rank SSM]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It was early morning and the sun had just risen. Karasu was sound asleep dreaming of adventures as a newly promoted Genin. All of a sudden she heard a sound like someone banging on the door. One eye opened reluctantly trying to find out who had the nerve to wake her up. Her eyes closed again letting any sounds fade away. Then abruptly woke up when the sound of the banging was louder than before. It was followed by a familiar voice. “Karasu, wake up, there is someone here for you.” Nakano Hiro said to his daughter on the other side of the door. Karasu groaned. “Wha!” ‘Who could be here for her so early’ She had an exciting dream where she was fighting the bad guys and saving everyone around her, only to have it all snatched away by the knock. She got up and grabbed a robe before putting on her purple bunny slippers. Her long white hair was disheveled and there was sleep in her eyes. Half awake she opened the door and walked down the hallway to the main living area. Her father was there in his wheelchair but he was not the only one in the room. A tall young man with spiky black hair with a green flask jacket on was there next to her father. Karasu looked at the man though she was still half asleep.

“Um who are you and what do you want?” she said not meaning to be rude but she wanted to hurry and get back to bed. Also if she can get back to her exciting and heroic dream. The young man spoke. “I was sent by the Hokage to tell you that you have been requested to assist the feudal today. There is a national conference on the state of the country and the feudal lord had personally requested you to aid him.” Karasu opened her eyes wider finally and wiped the sleep from each eye by rubbing them with her hand. “Huh” she said, a bit confused. “Did I hear you right, I was requested?” The young man nodded “Yes you are and you are to meet with the feudal lord at this address.” He reached out handing her a piece of paper.. Karasu walked forward and took the paper. It had an official seal of the feudal lord on it. Carefully reading it over Karasu stood in silence examining each word on the parchment.

She noticed the address was on the more affluent part of the village. She was still a bit confused when she looked at the young man whom she believed was Chuunin rank. “Why was I requested? It doesn’t make sense.” she said. The young man smiled and said “I don’t know all the details other than that you were requested personally by the feudal lord himself. Also that this is considered a D-Rank mission and you should act upon it accordingly.” Karasu was even more confused but understood since it was considered a mission from the Hokage himself. “Well I guess I better get ready.” she said as the Chuunin waved goodbye and left immediately. She turned and went back into her room. She took her shower and got dressed. As she was combing her long white hair her thoughts were zooming on what the mission could entail. “Maybe I have to take notes like some glorified secretary.” she said as she put her hair up in a ponytail. She grabbed her Leaf headband and placed it around her neck. She glanced at her katana before sheathing it. “Here goes nothing.” she said waving her dad goodbye before making her way toward the other side of the village. Shops were starting to open and she could smell the fresh smells of various foods being cooked. She loved those smells and decided to pick up some sweet dumplings before she continued on her way to the feudal lords hotel.

When she arrived at the very expensive hotel, the lady at the customer service desk rang the feudal lord’s room. “Dear go right ahead you are expected, room 506.” she smiled at Karasu. The young kunoichi made her way to the room and knocked on the door. The door opened up revealing a middle aged man slightly balding with a mustache. He smiled at her which made Karasu blink fast. She could have sworn his pearly white teeth blinged like a diamond. “Hello sir I’m Nakano Karasu. I heard you requested me for a mission.” she stated waiting to hear his reply. “Oh yes there you are. Please come right in. “ he motioned for her to take a seat on the couch. “I’m Suzuki Tenzen.” He introduced himself. “I saw you when I first arrived here. You look so much like my late wife who passed away a year ago. I knew that you would be perfect.” Karasu looked at the feudal lord a bit baffled “Perfect for what sir?” she didn’t understand what he had in mind. He grabbed a small cowbell that was on the table and started to ring it. A loud bang could be heard from the other room along with some screaming. Karasu squinted and wanted to cover her ears but knew it wouldn’t be polite to do so.

Two little kids who looked almost identical to each other with the exception that one was a girl with long black hair and pigtails while the boy had shorter clean cut hair.. Both had shirts with a crown in front. They came into the room and stared at Karasu. "OOH she’s pretty!” they exclaimed and Karasu smiled politely before turning to Tenzen. The feudal lord was grinning ear to ear as he looked at his children then toward Karasu. “These are my children. Kira and Kenzie. You see Karasu chan I have a very important conference I must attend to and I can’t very well be here to entertain the twins. So I have asked the Hokage about you since you look so much like my dear late wife. May she rest in peace. I knew that the twins would respond well to you.” It was not the ideal mission she hoped for. All Karasu could do is force a smile and grit her teeth. She had no idea how to entertain kids. She looked at the feudal lord and said “I will be honored to watch them until you get back from your conference.” she lied of course. She was not thrilled with this mission but she will just have to grin and bear it.

Once the feudal lord left she was alone with the twins. Karasu looked to both Kira and Kenzie. “So what would you two like to do. Maybe play a game. That would be fun right guys?” she said in a joyful voice hoping to get the kids excited. They looked at her then glanced at each other with what Karasu could have sworn were mischievous smiles. “LET’S GO TO THE PARK!” they both shouted at the same time. Karasu blinked then nodded. “Oh the park yes that would be fun. Go get your jackets and we will be off.” The twins went to their rooms and grabbed their jackets. Kira had a pink jacket with a rose on while Kenzie had a blue jacket with a ship on his. Karasu smiled as she could see the excitement of the twins. They walked out the building and were on their way to the park. At the park there was a playground where a few kids were playing. The twins waved Karasu off and ran toward the playground. “This is easier than I thought.” she said as she watched the twins play. Karasu meanwhile sat on a bench and watched as parents came and went with their kids. She turned to continue to watch the twins but didn’t see them immediately. ‘Maybe they are by the swings or behind the slide and that’s why i didn’t see them’ she thought to herself and got up from the bench to make sure they were alright. When she arrived by the slide and looked over to the swings, the twins were not there to be seen. Karasu was now feeling a bit anxious. “Kira….Kenzie” she called out but no answer came. “Where can they be?” She asked some of the kids and parents if they saw the twins but no one had seen them.

Karasu was now in worry mode. The twins were no longer at the park. Karasu kept calling out but still no answer. She started to look away from the park now. She couldn’t believe she lost the kids already. This is bad news and she knew she had to find them before the end of day when the feudal lord comes back. There were shops nearby and Karasu looked around asking shop owners and customers alike if they saw the twins. All but one had seen them. Karasu’s heart beat fast when she heard one had actually seen the little brats. “Oh yes I saw some little tykes with that description. They were over by the sweet shop over there. “ Karasu thanked the shop owner and ran toward the sweet shop. She caught a glimpse of a blue jacket with a ship on it and grabbed the arm of the little kid. “There you are I got you now!” The child turned around and started to scream out loud. It was not Kenzie. “Oh my I'm sorry I thought you were someone else. “ A lady walked up with an angry look on her face toward Karasu. She smiled at the lady and backed away as fast as she could bowing apologetically. In the corner of her eye she heard laughter. She glanced and saw both Kira and Kenzie run off . “Hey you two get back here.” she yelled out toward them before running off after them. They were pretty quick for five year olds.

Karasu turned a corner thinking she saw the twins come this way. She stopped by a tree and put her hand to her forehead looking out in the vicinity around her. “Those kids I will wring their little necks when I get them.” she said in frustration. The next thing that happened was something hit Karasu in the head. SPLAT! She put her hand on her head and noticed it was a mango all mushy from the contact on her head. She turned around fast and saw the twins up in the tree laughing at her. SPLAT! Another fruit got her in the face. “Why you little.” The twins laughed “HA HA BET YOU CAN’T CATCH US!” they both yelled out then jumped from the tree to the ground and ran off. Karasu was wiping mango from her face which got in her eyes. “That’s it, no more playing nice. Those brats are toast!” She started running after them this time with a little more speed thanks to Taijutsu. She looked in every shop but they were nowhere around. People looked at her funny because she was a mess with the splattered mango in her hair and face. She didn’t care she needed to get the kids. Time was running and she knew the feudal lord would be back at the hotel soon. She felt like she looked everywhere and still no sign of them. She looked up for a moment at the great Hokage mountain that had all the Hokages faces on it staring down at the village. She blinked when she saw Kira defacing the face of the First Hokage Kami with red paint and she then looked at the end where Kenzie was painting over the Fourth and current Hokage Takeshi with green paint. Karasu was beside herself. ‘How did they get there?’ she thought but she knew she had to get them to clean up the paint and get them safely off the mountain. She ran toward the Great Stone Faces and when she finally reached the area she looked down upon the twins.

“HEY YOU TWO THAT’S FAR ENOUGH!” she said then calmed down. “Look I don’t know why you ran away, but starting all the trouble you did is not a way to get attention. “ She climbed down toward them and continued to talk patiently with them hoping they saw reason. “Why are you doing this?” she asked them. The twins looked at each other then Kenzie spoke first. “Papa is always away and doesn’t spend time with us at all. He leaves us with strangers all day while he works. When he got you to watch over us because you look like Mama that made us upset. So this is to teach our Papa a lesson.” he said. Karasu finally understood. “I can understand that made you both feel bad. I don’t think your Papa meant to make you feel that way. I’m sure being without your mum is hard for him too. He probably doesn’t know how to approach you both without thinking of your mother. Still doing bad things to get his attention won’t change anything. I will tell you what. Let’s clean this paint all up and of course I need to clean up as well. We can all go to eat some ramen then get a present for your Papa to show him you love him. That’s the kind of attention that will get noticed. I think if all of you talk about your feelings with one another then things will get better. “ she said smiling at them. Kira looked at Karasu and said “Sorry Karasu-chan for throwing mangos at you.” Karasu accepted the apology and started to help clean up the paint on the Hokage faces.

After the Hokage mountain was all clear of paint Karasu had honored her word and treated them to ramen. Afterwards they went to a gift shop and got a picture frame for their dad. They put a picture inside of all of them together along with their mother. They arrived at the hotel and awaited Tenzen to arrive. The feudal lord walked in about an hour later. “How did things go?” he asked. Karasu looked at the twins then at Tenzen. “Oh everything went great!” she smiled and watched the twins come up to their dad and give him a hug and the present. Karasu took her leave saying goodbye to each of them. She was exhausted. Though it ended well she had to admit those kids were a handful. She hoped this would be the last babysitting mission she gets. At least she should get a passing mark for the mission when she sees the Hokage.

[WC: 2447]
[Approval]
[OOC: Claiming x2 word count Self-Modded Solo Mission rewards: x1.5 yen. Also claiming x2 self-modded mission rewards from Voting Rewards; total comes to x2.5 rewards]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back