Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private All For You

Ashikawa Shun

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Shun couldn’t wait to get back home to tell his father about his first academy lesson. He only learned how to throw a kunai, but he knew that Shuichi was a huge fan of Nao’s. He got a bit distracted on his way home, stopping by a shop that sold weapons, much like one his father ran. His eyes skimmed over the weapons and he raised his head to the shopkeeper as she approached.

“See anything you like?” she asked with a pleasant smile.

“Ah, I was just admiring your work! My father also crafts, but your style is quite different,” Shun replied. The shopkeeper smiled.

“I appreciate the compliment, but this is not my work. What you see in this store is all the work of my late husband. He had quite the collection, and he wished for me to sell it if anything happened to him.”

Shun bowed his head politely at the news of her loss, raising his head once more. “I would love to purchase a set of kunai if you have any,” he decided after a moment of silence, and the woman lit up with a bright smile.

“I have just the set for you.” She disappeared into the back, and Shun looked over the weapons quietly as he waited.

The swords on display were magnificent; something about the long blades drew his attention, but he didn’t feel the desire to purchase one just yet. He had a lot more to learn about combat before he was ready to handle a larger weapon.

Shun’s attention returned to the woman as she came back to the front, settling a smooth black pouch on the counter. “Go ahead, you open it,” she spoke with excitement in her tone.

Shun smiled brightly, opening the pouch from the top and pulling out one of the kunai. It was a beautiful iridescent tone, patterns of blue and white shimmering across the blade. He noticed that light didn’t reflect off it, but bounced around inside the blade much like a diamond. The handle was definitely made of metal, the silver sheen impossible to mistake for anything else. “These are beautiful,” he murmured, his voice soft as he couldn’t tear his eyes away from the weapon he was carefully cradling in his palm.

“Lovely, yes, but deadly. Blades made of diamond, reinforced with your own chakra once you become attuned to the weapon. The edges are sharp enough on their own, but they contain the smallest ridges along the sides that will grab like teeth to cause more damage. Truly a masterpiece, a beautiful creation that looks decorative but is disastrous in battle,” she spoke, awe in her tone as she admired the pieces as well.

“How much?”

“Consider these a gift from me.”

“I couldn’t,” Shun denied, but the shopkeeper was having none of it.

“Only one condition. Once you get a bit stronger in your training, return to me for another weapon. Training kunai free of charge, but I know that won’t be the only blade you ever wield,” she stated firmly.

Shun felt awful for not buying anything, so he looked along the swords for a moment. “At least allow me to buy something for my father, that way he can see the work your husband has done.”

The shopkeeper allowed him to pick a blade to purchase, and he chose a short sword that had caught his eye while she was in the back. The sword had this sense of etherealness to it. It’s blade was sleek and polished, curved gently to catch the light perfectly along its pristine surface. The handle was black with the faintest glitter sheen on it, sparkling like his mother’s eyes. He had a feeling Shuichi would love the sword.

With the blade purchased and wrapped to sit along his back and the kunai settled in his bag, he continued on his way home. Upon reaching his house, Shun stopped at the gate to the garden. The roses were growing nicely along the bushes, berries growing neatly in their rows and vegetables looking about ready to harvest. He would take his time working on them later, after he gave his father the gift and did some more training on his own.

Shun stepped into his house, calling out “I’m home!” for his father to hear. Shuichi was settled in the kitchen, cooking up a dish that brought a smile to Shun’s face. “I can’t wait to tell you all about my lesson today,” Shun stated as he carefully set the sword down in its wrapping. His satchel was hung on the wall next to the door, and he settled down at the dining room table with his father.

“I can’t wait to hear as well. You made a little stop on the way home, I see,” Shuichi spoke up as he set dishes on the table, his eye catching the wrapped sword leaning against the wall.

“There was a lovely weapons shop. The shopkeeper gave me kunai for training, and I couldn’t leave without paying for something. So I got you a gift,” Shun spoke, his eyes falling to the table as he smiled softly. “I think you’ll like it.”

Shuichi’s lips turned up faintly, and he began setting the meal on the table between them. Once the father was seated, they began to dig in together. Shun told him all about his lesson and how he got to know the head of the Med branch throughout his lesson, news that Shuichi was extremely proud of him for. Shun also told of his training and what he learned, and how he would need his father’s help setting up a training area at home so he could keep up his practice.

After dinner was consumed and dishes were washed and put away, Shun carefully picked up the weapon he had bought and offered it to his father. Shuichi took the sword and slowly unwrapped it, his eyes widening at the sight of it. They stood in silence for a moment, simply admiring the blade. Shun looked to his father’s face for any hints to how he felt about the gift, only to find tears slipping down his cheeks. “Dad?”

“Sorry, it’s just…” Shuichi sniffed, a sad smile lifting the corners of his lips. “It reminds me of your mother. Even the hilt...it sparkles like her eyes.”

Shun felt a sting in his eyes, and he moved to wrap his arms around his father’s waist. “As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the one to get you. I’m sorry if it makes you sad…”

“It makes me happy. A good way to remember her, dangerous but beautiful,” Shuichi spoke, wrapping his free arm around Shun’s back. “Thank you, Shun. I love it.”

Shun hugged his father for a little while longer, then Shuichi set up a mount above the door to the garden for the sword to be displayed in memory of Reijun. Shun managed to drag his father out to help harvest the vegetables while he trimmed the rose bushes, picking a few of the flowers to replace the ones in the vase indoors. Once the garden was properly cared for, Shuichi went to the backyard to begin setting up Shun’s training area.

Thread created for private character development

WC: 1,212
Shopkeeper speech
Shuichi speech
Shun speech

[MFT]

Ashikawa Shun

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Shun spent the next few months training himself in the backyard, learning how to throw both the training kunai his father lent him and the special ones the shopkeeper gave him. They handled about the same way, only the diamond blades were a tad lighter. Shun was able to throw comfortably with both hands, his aim nearly perfect at his farthest distance: 45 feet.

He learned a few party tricks for the hell of it, mostly to show off to Nao if they were to bump into each other again. Shuichi watched some of his training, proud to see his son growing stronger over time with the amount of focus he was giving the work. He knew that chakra training would be coming soon, hoping that Shun would get a good teacher for the lesson so he could refine his skills. Shuichi was scared for his son’s safety, especially after what happened to Reijun, but he would never be the one to hold his son back from his aspirations. Shun was smart, and his training would make him strong.

Three months passed in his training, but Shun felt like he wasn’t pushing himself hard enough even though he had many nights of restless sleep because of sore muscles. No matter how difficult the training became, Shun was nowhere near giving up. His will to bring his mother home was the inspiration he needed to get up and train every morning, no matter how tired or sore he was, and that drive paid off, if his kunai accuracy was anything to go by.

He eventually talked his father into training with him, making his father fill the roll of the last target he faced that fired back. He didn’t attack his father, but Shuichi was told to throw kunai at him with no hesitation. Shuichi took it slow at first, not wanting to fatally injure his son. Once Shun built up his speed a bit, Shuichi picked up the throwing a bit faster. They would train well into the night, up until it was so dark outside that Shun couldn’t see or until Shun collapsed from exhaustion. A few more months went into training his speed, alongside keeping his throwing skills in check. His father learned how to set up moving targets, giving Shun a bit more to work with.

They combined the moving targets with Shuichi’s throwing, forcing Shun to both attack and dodge on the fly. It took him a bit of time to get out of his head and into the action, but soon it became second nature to dodge the attacks. He became quite light on his feet, learning to stay on his toes. Shuichi would occasionally throw harmless objects at him while they worked in the garden, and Shun enjoyed the surprises, picking up on the idea quickly and almost always looking over his shoulder. His father’s surprises were harmless, but having the sixth sense would aid Shun in later years.

Shun ventured out on his own into the surrounding cities one day, wanting to explore the world a little more. He ended up getting himself a bit lost, only to gain the aid of a shinobi he met at random. Haku Yuki, a brooding personality with a soft side that Shun somehow managed to get her to show. The kind woman decided to take pity on him and walk him home. They talked for a good while, Shun opening up about his reasoning behind starting at the academy.

Yuki pointed out a trait that Shun had never noticed before; his skin held an unusual chill. Shun originally blamed it on the chill of the night, especially since he had fallen asleep under the night sky before her appearance. Yuki pointed out that she wouldn’t notice the cold of the night because of the ice that ran in her blood. Shun’s cold was not normal, nor was it caused by the night air. Shun had no idea why his body held such a low temperature.

Yuki changed their course to the Hokage Mansion, wanting to run a few tests and help him figure out the truth behind this new discovery. Shun left with many questions, returning home with his father to ask about his childhood before his first memory.

“I knew this day would come,” Shuichi spoke, shaking his head. “I didn’t think it would be this soon, though. Come with me, Shun. I have something special to show you.” Shun was led to his mother’s armory, a place that had been off limits to Shun previously. “I kept you out of here for your safety, since you didn’t know how to use weapons before, but there is another reason,” Shuichi explained.

A long sword was settled on a display in the center of the armory. Shun felt overly drawn to the weapon, a feeling he had never experienced before. Shun walked up to it, seeing a note settled on the surface holding up the display. He picked it up, opening it to read.

My dearest Shun, if you are reading this letter, then something has happened to me. I instructed your father to keep this weapon a secret until you were ready to wield it. Within this blade is the chakra of a bloodline called Yuki. You share this bloodline with your real mother, a woman I met many years ago. She was on the brink of death, slain by an enemy and found by your father and I in the midst of a mission. You were a mere two months old, wrapped in a cloth sound asleep and hidden beneath the bed in a small box. She protected you with her very life, and she loved you until her last breath. Your father and I took you in upon her request, and we raised you as our own.

I would be delivering this news myself if I was there. I apologize for the loss of more than one mother, even if you didn’t know her that well. You are in my heart every moment, and I know that I am missing you right now.

Take this blade, learn your true power, and let nothing hold you back from your dreams. You will be strong, you will be brave, and you will live your life as you see fit. No one else decides your path but you. I will support you no matter the choice you make, just as your father will.

With all my love,
Ashikawa Reijun.

Shun’s hand fell to his side, his eyes focused on the blade with a sense of discomfort. “I’m not ready to wield this weapon,” he stated, looking back at Shuichi. “Why show it to me now?”

“Because only you can decide when you are ready. I knew you wouldn’t be until you discovered that you are unique, different from both your mother and I in ways that wouldn’t make sense for us to be of the same blood, but now that you have made this discovery, only you can decide when you choose to wield this sword, if you choose to at all,” Shuichi replied. “Just as your mother said, we will support you in whatever path you choose. Become a Shinobi, or put away the blade and live a peaceful life. It is up to you to decide.”

Shun looked back to the sword, clenching the note between his fingers a bit tighter. “I don’t want to wield the sword. It might be in my blood, but you and mother are my family. I want nothing else to do with it.”

“I will close the armory once more,” Shuichi agreed, and Shun stepped out of the room. Something sat heavy in his chest, but he pushed the feeling away and left to the training grounds to let out his unnamed emotions on the targets.

WC: 1,312
Shun speech
Shuichi speech

[MFT]

Ashikawa Shun

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Shun spent another month training alone, putting aside his unlocked affinity to ice and focusing on the natural elements and chakra training. Shuichi didn’t like that Shun was closing himself off from his true potential, but he felt he had no right to choose his son’s actions for him. He worked with Shun on chakra control, revisiting his old training days and teaching Shun to walk up trees and across the surface of water.

Shun was forced by Shuichi to take a break and get away from the training grounds for a day, sending him out on an errand run despite the profuse amount of goods their garden grew. Shun bumped into a small group of children by circumstance, making a few new friends (at least in his eyes) despite the first impressions made upon his arrival. They enjoyed a nice meal together, and Shun’s eyes were opened to the darker side of the world once more. His entire life was protected by his mother and father, Shun growing up in a happy, perfect little world while they faced the reality of the dangers in the Shinobi world. His little shield from reality was cracked when his mother was ripped away, and the darkness was slowly seeping in, testing his optimistic outlook every second.

Shun returned home with a new resolve, requesting that his father unlock the armory for him. Shuichi complied, and Shun stepped inside, taking the sword off the display gently and unsheathing it. The blade caught the light, and Shun met his own eyes in the reflection. “I want to become the strongest version of me, to protect others the way you and mother protected me,” he stated, looking back to Shuichi with a confident smile.

Shun began to train with the long blade, taking the time to exercise his body to swing without injuring himself. It was very different from throwing kunai, but Shun felt he could figure it out with time. Shun also made it a point to attend more classes at the academy, but one of the classes stuck out to him more than others. The headmaster himself came in to teach a class, and Shun was one of a group of seven to appear for the class.

In the midst of this lesson, Shun attempted to find a way to communicate with one of his classmates that was mute. He also learned that his teacher was not very keen on wasting time in a class with useless questions or inquiries that would be covered in other classes. It almost felt like this class was a test of wits in some way. His teacher could pick apart the personality and background of a student with a few simple words, and it blew Shun’s mind. He wanted to become observant like that; where he was strong in physical training, he was weak in the mind.

Shun went home and asked his father for a journal, wanting to jot down all of his learnings in a notebook that he could carry around with him to practice some observational inquiries. Shun took one day out of the week to skip training his body, instead focusing on training his mind. He would go out to the town, find a comfortable place to sit out of the way of the crowds and simply observe his surroundings. He would pick a person, watch their behaviour and study their appearance. Anything he saw, he wrote down in his journal. Once he wrote about a few different people, he would go home and look over his notes, seeing what else he could learn from the words alone. Shuichi would give his input from time to time, helping Shun find new ways to understand the world around him.

Shun decided to take a journey to Hokage Rock for a breath of fresh air. He took in the scenery with a nice little picnic, only to be interrupted by two girls about his age. One made an impression on him with her unique appearance and interesting view of the world, and the other stuck out from an outburst she made upon her appearance. Shun made himself two more friends that day, though he wasn’t sure how their paths would align in the future.

The former Hokage himself held a Genin Exam, and Shun felt as prepared as he could be to take a step up in the ranks. Now or never, right? The exam itself seemed simple enough, but Shun was met with a lot of obstacles he had never faced. He managed to use his newfound observational skills to take in their situation, find a solution, and overcome with the help of his two last-minute teammates, both people he had met before so their communication skills weren’t overly lacking. A lot of weaknesses were pointed out in this exam, and he needed to grow and overcome to be able to bring his mother home.

Shun returned home, spending the next few years honing his skills and advancing his training. Shuichi also stepped in and aided Shun by providing clones that Shun could attack freely without worry of actually harming his father. He became one with his blade, treating the weapon as an extension of himself. He gained a lot of skill and improvement within Taijutsu, but Shun didn’t want to be a one-trick pony.

He worked on the affinity his bloodline had gifted him, learning how to control ice just like he could water. He pulled the occasional prank on his father, freezing his drinks when Shuichi wasn’t looking or creating a snowball just to chuck at his father. Although he took a few days off to relax, Shun didn’t allow himself the luxury of becoming lazy. He had a goal to meet.

Five years of this training built a strong young man. Shun knew his time to step up in the world was coming, and he felt more prepared than before. He was surprised one morning when Shuichi came to interrupt his training with a letter in his hand. Shun settled his blade into the sheath tied at his waist, taking the letter and reading it silently. He didn’t exactly know what was in store for him based on the scarce message, but Shun could feel this was something important. With a quick farewell to his father, Shun made his way towards Crater City.

WC: 1,080
Shun speech
Shuichi speech

Ashikawa Shun

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
The meeting at Crater City was quite a fiasco, to put it simply. Not only did Shun insert himself into a group of old friends that might have had ulterior motives for the village, but the entire little family was found out by the Hokage immediately. He made his initial escape pretty quickly, but he was summoned by said Hokage not long after to make a big choice in regards to his future. Everyone else in the Gekido clan chose to leave the village, and his choice to stay made him an enemy to those he viewed as his friends. He thought he was doing the right thing making that decision, given his initial role in the clan was to keep an inside ear in the village.

The Hokage questioned his intellect in the midst of it all, and he was honest with the head Leaf in hopes to gain her trust and explain why he had done what he did. He never meant harm to either the village or his clan, but that decision taught him that despite his best efforts, he couldn’t please everyone and still keep everyone safe. It was a hard lesson to learn, but rather than punishing him like he was expecting, the Fifth Lady promoted him to Mednin in Training. He was given another letter to deliver to his old teacher, Nao.

Shun didn’t take the opportunity right away, however. Instead, he went home to discuss everything that had happened with his father, one of the wisest men he knew. They sat down over dinner to assess the situation. After Shun explained the clan and the Hokage’s words, his father sat back with a set of raised brows. “I never expected my son would get himself involved in so much trouble so suddenly,” he commented lightly. Shun huffed and crossed his arms, causing a small laugh to escape Shuichi’s lips. “However,” he continued, “I’m glad you felt you could come to me with this sensitive information. I’m afraid I cannot make this choice for you, as you are now your own person working your way up in the ranks. My suggestion is you focus on your training for now. Do what you need to do to improve your skills, prepare for the worst case scenario, no matter which side you end up picking. And listen to your Hokage, she’s right when she says you can leave your village on a better note than your friends did.”

Shun smiled weakly, the pressure clearly starting to put strain on his resolve. “You are just as much my family as they were to me. I’m just afraid I lost that family because of my decision. I’m not sure I did the right thing, but I’m not sure leaving would have been right either,” he admits.

“Sadly, there are times where we don’t know which choice is the right one. And you will continue to get choices like these. You made the choice to stay, and whether or not it was the right decision, it’s the one you made nonetheless. Now you need to make the best of it.” Shuichi sipped on his tea, shrugging his shoulders. “You still have a garden to care for, one that you started years ago. You have a chance to excel in the Medical path, just as you were dreaming of when you joined the academy. Make use of that chance.”

Shun nodded his head, finally relaxing a bit. His father was right; he had made his decision. There was no changing it now, not with everything he still needed to do to reach his main goal. His mother needed to come home, and this was his current path towards it.

Shun decided to hold out on his Medical training for a few years though. He needed to get his head back in the right place, and his body needed more preparation for the increase in training he knew was coming. Shun returned to his usual training schedule with the occasional day off to stroll the village and meet new faces, though none were very memorable. Shun’s mind was focused on his training, not new friends. His friendships could come later, once he was strong enough to handle his duties properly. And, should his clan actually call upon him again, he needed to be able to hold his own alongside them so he could properly support them.

Shun laid low in regards to information gathering during battles at the gates; he couldn’t risk getting caught somewhere he shouldn’t be, especially since he wasn’t prepared for that level of battle yet in his training. He kept to his home and the academy for study and training, and Shuichi was always more than willing to help his son improve his skills. Four years slowly passed by in his life, his hair growing back out to rest at the base of his spine like when he was younger. His height reached a comfortable 178cm, just below his own father’s height. He was unlucky in the facial hair side of things; his face thinned with maturity, and his jaw remained fairly feminine. He learned how to tie his hair better so he wouldn’t have to cut it again, though his simplest look was a slightly crooked high ponytail.

Freshly 18 by just a few days, Shun finally decides it’s time for him to begin his medic training and continue on his path of growth.

WC: 908
Shun speech
Shuichi speech

MFT

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back