Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Am I Worthy? [Masquerade Event - Open]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Exiting the building, Tomo walked to a nearby bench and sat down. His mask jutsu dispelled, revealing his flushed cheeks and furrowed brows. He lifted his face upwards towards the sky, letting the cool air wash over him. Smoke trailed from his mouth as he let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding. Gazing at the stars above, Tomo contemplated the wretched feeling still plaguing his heart. Kitsune's song had not been the culprit, nor was the mention of the Shinrya clan and Mochizuki Troupe.

His mind rested on the mention of the mission Saeko went on. That was it, as was evident by the pang in Tomo's chest at the thought. But what was it about the sentence that bothered him? He also remembered looking to Saeko, seeing her hold hands with Kahako... Tomo clenched his hand over his heart, it's beating physically hurting him. Why couldn't he figure this out? Though nowhere near perfect, he deemed his logical analysis of people to be one of his stronger points. Yet he couldn't even solve the question of his own feelings?

Tomo closed his eyes to concentrate harder. He needed to get back into the ballroom to mingle, but he couldn't do that until this crisis was resolved. Oooohoohoo! Seems to me, Tomo-boy, that you need an inside-outsider opinion. Tomo scoffed lightly. "I don't need your help Haruki. Just let me think." Really? Because it appears to me that you are thoroughly stumped. "And you have the answer?" I dooooo indeed Tomo-boy. It's rather simple in truth. You, Tomo-boy, deem yourself inferior to the women around you. Tomo cocked an eyebrow and opened his eyes. "What?" Undeniably. You are surrounded by women far more successful than you, and you question whether you are even worthy of fawning over them. Tomo pondered this for a few moments, dreading that he was slowly seeing Haruki's point. His first crush, Kahako, was now the Medical Sennin. Saeko was just honored for completing an S-rank mission, which Tomo couldn't even fathom. Even the women in his own family were more successful than he, or at least stronger.

Tomo rested his elbows on his legs and stared at the ground. "Am I just a big joke? Mochizuki Tomo, comic relief of the Mochizuki Troupe?" Tomo's eyelids drooped. "What could I possibly offer to anyone...I can't fight, I can't protect, and my troupe is far from wealthy." Tomo lifted his face again to meet the crisp breeze. He searched the stars for answers, but they didn't reply. Not even Haruki said a word, and so Tomo's existential crisis continued in silence.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The night has gone from stressful to clusterfuck and worse. The ball was supposed to serve as a method of release. The village’s way of letting its people know that despite our day jobs as killers and swindlers or worse, sometimes we deserve to feel pampered. Sometimes we can enjoy things like makeup and dancing and frilly bullshit. Formal events are important for all military institutions because without these reminders of our humanity, what do we become? Just murder-bots looking for our next kill.

But because of a certain immortal granny-cum-lingerie-model, I’m feeling more murder-bot than twenty-something woman looking to get her rocks off. Airing Shinrya family drama out in public may grant her adulation from everyone else, but to Kahako, and me, and perhaps even my newly-revealed half-sister, it’s devastating. I didn’t need to be reminded that my father moved from woman to woman whenever it pleased him, all the while ignoring my pleas for his attention. Kahako didn’t need to be reminded that her adopted mother thinks of her family as playthings. As for my half-sister, well, I don’t know how much of her is human and how much is pure allogenic fuckery. Perhaps it’s better not to know.

I couldn’t even get Kahako to come home with me. Like all powerful people, she’s got greater responsibilities than her own feelings. Hell, she’s got greater responsibilities than her own family, so what am I? This is why I stay a chuunin. I can always opt not to show up.

Actually, that’s exactly what I’m doing right now. I’ve ducked out to escape the pressure cooker and I’ve no plans to return. I’ll relax with a bottle of Dom Shinrya and cry myself to sleep after vomiting up two gallons of rocky road. Something catches my attention, though. A familiar voice I’d thought stolen from me. Could it be Tomo? I thought the Lord Protector had wrassled him away (and potentially into her bed). I follow the shadows to get close to him in the little vestibule balcony he’s stolen away into.

He’s talking to himself, but for those who know him, that’s normal. After all, Tomo shares his brain with a sister-fucking ghost. No wonder Tama has such predilections. Yet, the conversation’s taken a decidedly morose turn. His insecurity’s wrought plain. It’s the only thing that’s ever really peeved me about him.

My first temptation is to slide up to him and tell him to shove the crap where it came from. But that wouldn’t help. It would only make him bottle it up more until one day it spilled over into a meltdown rivaling the fury of the Triangle Fedora Company fire of year twelve. You know, the famous one where the women threw themselves from five-story windows because being turned to hamburger was better than being slowly immolated?

My hand slides up to my mask again. Plausible deniability. Of course, anyone with a brain cell to kick down the road would be able to tell it’s me behind it. But Tomo’s an actor. He knows how to play pretend. Or at least, I hope he does.

“Well, you are pretty funny,” I say as I sit on the edge of the bench. “Better than a lot of guys around here. Oh, I haven’t introduced myself. I’m…”

Shit, I was never good at thinking up names on the spot.

“Santaru…Lucatiel.”

Jesus, Saeko. What the fuck kind of name is “Lucatiel?” That’s not even Kaminarijin, you turd. Now I have to go with it.

“Anyway! I’ve watched you perform a few times, by the by. You’re pretty talented. I bet you could pull off a killer Raikage Saito impersonation.”

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It’s not like Kahako was intending to shirk her duties. In fact, she felt she played her part as was expected of her. She went to the party, unlike her ANBU counterpart. She even met a few new faces. Besides, she reasoned with herself, tonight was not about mingling with the elite and powerplays, tonight was about enjoying life outside the missions. Outside the hospital.

Unintentionally, she slipped into the kitchens. The room was a madhouse as chefs and sous chefs moved to keep the party next door well fed. Some recognized her in passing, simply nodding before letting her by. By the time she slipped out the back door, she was able to grab a small snack before slipping into the cool air. Kahako breathed a sigh of relief, removing her mask and following the path back to the front entrance. She didn’t exactly have a chance to convey a rendezvous point to Saeko in the chaos that was the Shinrya clan, so she hopped the chunin would think to wait out front and off to the side.

Of course, for fear of being dragged back into the party, Kahako remained in the shadows as she walked along the street. “Please don’t let anyone notice me, please don’t let anyone notice me…” she whispered as she tiptoed around the corner. Two people not even five feet from her caused her to stop like a deer, complete with large, glassy eyes. One sat on the nearest bench while the other approached with a sliding grace.

Kahako ducked back around the corner, mentally imagining for a split second kicking and screaming as the two assailants dragged her back into the ballroom and the awkwardness within. Her nightmare disappeared, however, as she picked up on Saeko’s voice. Kahako bit her lip to stifle a laugh. Lucatiel? What kind of name was that? Clearly the chunin knew who the other person was, and was trying to cheer him or her up. Kahako wondered mildly what and who would have caused Saeko’s distraction. She seemed pretty excited about pajamas and ice cream earlier. Curious to see how the person would respond to Saeko’s amusing antics, Kahako waited to reveal herself.

[Topic Entered in not so Stealthy stealth]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo flinched at the voice to his right. He had been so distracted by his angsting that he hadn't noticed this mystery woman taking a seat upon the same bench. However, as he turned to face the stranger, he came to recognize who it was. His cheeks grew rosy as he realized he had been babbling to himself in front of his current crush. Even his ears seemed to glow red in the moonlight. She introduced herself as Santaru Lucatiel, and Tomo couldn't help but let loose a small chortle through his nose. It seemed that Saeko had worse naming skills than even Tama.

Tomo tilted his head questioningly, curious where this was going. She was doing some odd role play, but he wasn't sure what it was going to lead to. Nevertheless, she seemed intent on going through with this, despite the horrible name she'd given herself, so it was only appropriate to play along. The lady mentioned her belief that Tomo could pull off an impressive impersonation of the Raikage, and Tomo stroked his chin. He wasn't sure if it would be disrespectful to do such a thing, but it couldn't hurt. The Mochizuki smiled. "Well of course I can." He cleared his throat before standing, placing a foot atop where he had been sitting. He hit his right fist to his heart and looked out into the distance, completely unaware of a certain Medical Sennin just around the corner. His voice was as deep as he could possibly make it. "Assuming direct control." Seconds after finishing his mimicry, Tomo began to cough. Still sputtering a bit, he recovered enough to speak. "S-seriously. How does a person *cough* speak that low?"

Tomo turned to take a seat back on the bench, placing himself closer to Saeko. He looked at her for a moment, wondering where this was supposed to go. After a few seconds, a thought crossed his mind. Was this meant to be a way for him to question her? The two were at a stage in their relationship where certain things were difficult to inquire. He had always wished to ask her what she saw in him, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. But maybe...maybe this was his chance. Tomo closed his eyes and took in a breath, preparing himself to play his part. He opened his eyes and smiled as the air escaped out his nostrils. "You seem to know quite a bit about me, Lady Santaru, but I'm afraid you are a mystery to me. So tell me..." Tomo placed his right hand upon the bench, his fingertips centimeters away from Saeko's own. "What is your type, if you don't mind my asking? You see, I have a woman I've grown sweet on, but I can't seem to understand what she could possibly see in someone like me. I have a feeling you and she share much in common, so perhaps you can give me insight into this matter."

[WC: 497]
[MFT]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I can’t help but let out an un-ladylike cackle at Tomo’s take on our Liege Lord (blessed be his Holy Name and et cetera). It’s right on the nose, and thus hell of disrespectful. Yet that’s what makes it funny.

I have to tip my mask a bit to wipe away a tear that’s clouded my vision. “That was perfect! I’d ask you to do Shinbatsu next, but you’d probably go and actually sodomize the Raikage.”

Tomo edges closer and I’m pleased. Despite my clunky attempt to pretend to be my own random Santaru cousin, he’s forgiven my lack of thespian grace and wants to play along. So now I have the veil of anonymity, and yet now I’m at an impasse. When I approached him a few minutes ago, I wasn’t sure what I’d wanted to do. Reassure him? Interrogate him? Or perhaps confess to him.

You see, Tomo, the girl who wants to be with you isn’t exactly a…you know…virgin…

I know it’s a stupid thing to worry about. It’s offensive, too. Countless women throughout history have suffered and died so that the entirety of my worth wouldn’t depend on the state of my vagina. I’m no chattel. I’m no ruined woman to be despised or disregarded because I had the temerity to enjoy sex. And yet despite my luck to be born unshackled to hearth and home, I’m still ashamed not to have Tomo be my first.

Perhaps I’m giving Tomo too little credit, but just as I can never know what innermost darkness he stares at, he will never know what horrors I dredge out of the abyss to dance with atop my broken brain on starless nights. He’ll never know how much I loved—and hated—Narashi Jo. And if he ever finds out about what happened in Roenesia with a certain Marquess…

I’m seized with the sudden urge to flee. It’s cowardly and tragically cliché, but even I have limits. I’ll straight up punch dudes in the mouth and tell chicks I like ‘em, but I can’t let Tomo see how ugly I am. I can’t face the possibility that he’ll just decide to turn three-sixty and walk away from the hateful mess that I am. My heart pounds and I turn my head to scope out a quick exit.

In the periphery, I sense her.

Somehow, Kahako’s managed to get out of the ballroom, away from Kitsune, away from Miyako, and hell, even away from Yumers. I didn’t think she’d be able to, but perhaps I wasn’t giving her enough credit. She’s the godrotting medical sennin, after all. She kicks ass and chews bubblegum, and she’s all out of gum.

Logically, this would be the perfect opportunity to flee. Jump up, grab Kahako’s hand, and run and laugh all the way back to my apartment. There, we’ll dress up in flannels, watch movies in bed while gorging on ice cream, and I’ll ask her how I can get my own Vampire Boyfriend. She’ll tell pregnancy horror stories and I’ll swear to Raiden never to get knocked up.

Or at least, that would happen if she wasn’t such a confidence-booster. Something about Kahako makes everyone around her calm the fuck down and do what’s right. I’ve heard from mednins that if you screwed up for Kitsune, she’d inject you with aphrodisiacs and molest you. If you screw up for Kahako, she’ll be disappointed but want you to do better next time. People never screw up for Kahako.

The urge to flee recedes. I can almost sense her rooting for me. Perhaps I’ll answer Tomo’s questions after all. Wait a few minutes for me, my love. And by “my love,” I mean Kahako of course.

I extend my fingertips to touch Tomo’s.

“To be honest, you’re not my type. At least not what I thought my type had always been. Did you ever meet the late Sennin Masao of the Main? Battle-hardened bruiser, salt-and-pepper beard, lots of scars everywhere. A laconic soldier who smells like too many cigarettes and too many regrets? You get the idea.”

I close my eyes.

“I once almost married a man like that. His name was Narashi. I…he was my first. I thought we’d be together forever, but he couldn’t win against his inner demons, and it killed him.”

I’m going to leave out the part where it was actually me who killed Jo, albeit at his request. No one needs to know that.

“Once I was adrift again, I didn’t know anymore. I didn’t want anyone. But then, I ended up taking a tutoring job for this genin who was getting a little old to be chasing cats for hire. At first I thought he was a weak-willed scrub. Great body, but a little soft-headed. He also became hell of randy after a head injury. But as usual, I bit off more than I could chew, and he ended up saving my life from…uh…monsters.”

Kahako doesn’t need to know that I summoned Belphegor to the mortal plane to make meth. Neither do the ANBU, for that matter.

“When I woke up in the hospital, I was pissed. I had wanted to die. I wanted to go find this scrub who’d saved my behind against my will and give him what for. But the more I fumed, the more I thought of him. I heard he was an actor and manager, so I went to some of his shows. You know, to shank him during a soliloquy.”

Thankfully, the Mochizuki troupe has decent security, and I never got the chance.

“When I watched his shows, though, I was always impressed by how hard he worked to bring everything together, even if there were many others around who had more talent or a better voice. What genetics hadn’t given him, he made up for with pure grit. Where others would’ve cursed God and died, he fought. And perhaps it was that quality all along that had made me desire people like the late Sennin, or Narashi-san.”

I slide my hand forward, so that our fingers interlace.

“And that’s why I fell so hard for this genin who’s way too old for his rank, who doesn’t have a lot of money, and whose ass I could hand to him in a fight. Because I know that these are petty things, and what counts is the fortitude of his heart. Also, he has a twelve-out-of-ten body.”

I lean forward and press my lips to Tomo’s, for a long, deep kiss. I place a hand on his chest and undo the top button on his shirt.

“This is kinda weird because we’ve just met, and we're both sweet on different people,” I murmur. My other hand goes to his waist and I smile. “But…I won’t tell him if you won’t tell her.”

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo's hand tingled as Saeko's cool fingertips pressed to his. He disliked most forms of contact, preferring his small bubble to not be penetrated. But he didn't mind this. In fact, he was enjoying it. He listened patiently to the lady's words, a small frown coming to his lips at the mention of Narashi Jo. Now he remembered. It came back to him, that cold winter's night. In the booth with the young man and Saeko's brother. That man...Jo...he obviously loved Saeko, even Tomo could tell from the brief moments he'd been sitting there. It ate at his heart, now knowing that she was, in fact, a woman of experience. But through her words, and the memory of Narashi, Tomo understood. Though, he couldn't help but wonder if it might be worse that she had been deflowered due to love. At least with lust he may have been able to outshine her past feelings. But she had loved him, and Tomo feared that neither his own love, nor his physical feats, could surpass that of her late lover.

Tomo's insecurities were pushed aside as Saeko continued, and Tomo faintly smiled at the memory of their first meeting. Odd how the most awkward meetings can form the strongest bonds later on. He blushed at the mention of his abnormal behavior when concussed, and it intensified when he couldn't pull memories from that time. This woman had seen a side of him that was even a mystery to himself. Apparently something rather embarrassing had occurred, and he was just glad that there wasn't any video proof of the deeds that transpired that day. ...Was there? No, there wouldn't be security cameras randomly placed in at the obstacle course...right?

Forcing himself to focus again on the conversation, it transitioned into Saeko's loathing of him, at least initially. His brows furrowed, despite his smile. He had spent his time blissfully unaware of the woman's hatred, and knowing now, he felt bad. Though not overly so. He didn't regret saving her, and would have done it again, even knowing her true feelings. Probably. He hoped. He was bad at what-ifs. He closed his eyes and opened them again, insisting his mind stop over-thinking. Such a habit was helpful at times, but was distracting when trying to listen to a crush pour her heart out. Back to Saeko, she explained her realization that it wasn't strength of body that was important, but strength of heart. Tomo's brain wished to analyze himself, searching for that force she mentioned, but he refrained. Let it be. If she saw him that way, then maybe it was true. Or at least, it was her truth. Who was he to refute another's own heart? Saeko obviously gave this thought, so questioning her would be an insult.

He closed his eyes and lightly rubbed the top of Saeko's hand with his middle finger. Yes, this is what love was. Caring for people despite their flaws, and realizing that they will do the same for you. Family will, true friends will, and lovers will. As he finally grasped this concept, Saeko's lips pressed to his. He tensed for a moment, his body unprepared for the sudden kiss. But as heat poured from his heart his muscles loosened, well, all but one. His fingers squeezed Saeko's, but the rest of him didn't dare move. He was unaccustomed to random kissing. When performing, everything is deliberate. Where his hands go, how he tilts his head. But he had no direction, and fearing that a wrong move would ruin the moment, he remained still.

Saeko's hand slipped up to his shirt, and she undid a button. The cool breeze against his burning chest caused him to shiver, and he lifted his eyelids slightly to look at the woman as she spoke. Her hand moved to his waist, and when she finished talking , another waft entered his shirt. This interruption was just enough to drag Tomo out of his lust. He pulled himself away, keeping his hand locked with hers, but causing her other hand to fall to his thigh. He gave a smile, and spoke with difficulty. "S-sorry Lady Santaru, b-but I'm a faithful man." He turned his gaze to the grass, his face still flushed. Though he would have loved to keep going, his prudish personality wouldn't allow him to perform such intense actions in public. If they were somewhere private though, things would have been different.

He shifted a bit, trying to relieve his discomfort. His pants had obviously become tighter in the span of a few blissful seconds. Embarrassed, he rested his left hand on his right thigh, trying to hide his excitement with his forearm. Returning his eyes to the lady before him, Tomo tilted his head. "But dancing is a different story. I'm sure you could use a lesson." Tomo took Saeko's other hand and stood, lightly pulling her up with him. He led her a bit away from the bench so they would have room. He held her right hand up with his palm, letting his fingers fold over it. Feeling emboldened, he rested his right hand upon the small of her back instead of her shoulder and pulled her nearer. Though not too close, as he was still feeling the effects of the kiss, and didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Not to mention he was still embarrassed about it himself, and having her brush against his nethers would make what he was about to do a bit more difficult.

Once her left hand was placed somewhere upon his right arm, he addressed her. "Ready?" A song cued up in the ballroom that could be heard through an open balcony window. Either luck was on his side, or a member of his troupe was watching out for him, because he knew the song from a performance he'd done a few years back. Stored away in his brain all this time, the words came to him as he sang along with the music. Tomo guided Saeko around the grass, spinning and dipping her every once in a while to spice up the dance. He held her closer than he had the young Shinrya earlier that night, and his eyes never left hers. He was oblivious to the world, including the Medical Sennin peaking around the corner.

[spoilername="Slightly Edited Lyrics"]I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listened as the crowd would sing
Now the old king is dead long live the king
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear Shinbatsu bells a-ringing
Aion Dawnbringer choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
Once you'd gone there was never
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world

It was a wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?

I hear Shinbatsu bells a-ringing
I know Saint Saito won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

Oh oh oh oh ohh oh [x5]

Hear Shinbatsu bells a-ringing
I know Saint Saito won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world
[/spoilername]​

[WC: 1,057 excluding lyrics]
[MFT]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The old cliché is that dancing with a partner is much like making love. But that isn’t exactly true, otherwise formal social dance functions would be no different than cellulite-ridden swinger orgies for the middle-aged. When an instructor shows you how to waltz without killing your partner’s feet, he’s certainly not molesting you and probably isn’t interested in that possibility. So dancing isn’t making love in the end. It can be a proposition, pretext, and prelude, but it has little to do with the act itself.

Then why are we so damned interested in it?

There are other ways to touch the object of one’s interest without getting the ANBU called. There’s other ways to strip inhibitions or show off one’s fashion sense or physical fitness. But perhaps the power of dancing can’t be easily explained or quantified like my little Aspergers-afflicted brain wants it to be. I can’t explain why, when Tomo circles me through the waltz of sends me into a pirouette and back, I want more than anything to be with him in a way that’s even more intimate than bumping uglies in the dark.

Maybe that’s the power of a good dancer, and why they get laid so damned much.

The last notes die away from his lips and my back is arched to the point where I’m damned sure he can see what’s under my bustline. I can feel his sex brush against my thigh and know he also barely holds it together as well. I want more than anything for him to push me down on the grass, hike up my dress, and take me. I want him to treat me roughly, like a tiger in heat. I want him to sprain my hip and make me limp for a few days. I don’t care that there’s somehow grass growing in the Torre Celeste. I don’t care if Kahako’s watching us. In fact—and I admit this only because my thumping heartbeat drowns out my reason—I like that she is.

Oh Raiden, I’m fucking drooling.

Before I actually end up molesting Tomo, I gently extricate myself from his embrace. My knees wobble and I stagger like I’m drunk. You sure look hell of dignified, Saeko.

“Don’t take offense, Mochizuki,” I whisper. “I’m only leaving because if I don’t…I might do something for the sake of my own pleasure…but trample your desire to be faithful. Sae-, I mean, that girlfriend of yours is super lucky to have you.”

With that, I stumble away. Hopefully, Kahako can find me. First, I need to get some fresh air.

[TLUS]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It didn’t take long for the Sennin to pick up on the mood of the two she eavesdropped upon. If the conversation hadn’t of tipped her off, the subsequent kiss and lime-like actions thereafter certainly did. Here she was, being voyeuristic to a couple who just began their journey together. Social normality urged her to give them their privacy, but turning away from such a beautiful display of romance became impossible. Even harder when it reminder her so much of her own beginnings with the man she was with now.

But Tomo ended the kiss just short of too inappropriate. She stifled the rising giggle as they both continued their persona and Tomo pulled her into a dance. Saeko seemed so… happy. Lost in the moment and in the man she just admitted her feelings for. Kahako leaned her body fully against the brick wall to keep herself comfortable. Neither seemed to notice her, and any movement on her end could pull them out of something they both clearly wanted. So, with a smile, she watched and waited for them to break the dream themselves.

It was Saeko first. She staggered, flustered and stumbling no better than a high school girl. Whispering something to him as she made distance between them. Probably giving herself some much needed space. Kahako wasn’t sure if she made her appearance now that Saeko would take the embarrassment in stride, or feel mortified and forever ashamed that a commanding officer saw her at her most vulnerable. Their relationship was still too new for her to know. So Kahako waited. Until Saeko was out of earshot. Until Tomo no longer looked at her retreating figure.

Kahako felt the blush rise as she allowed the clicking of her heels reveal her presence. It wasn’t in her nature to act a coward. Whether the fight be physical, emotional, or mental, fear never controlled her. She smiled widely, knowling at Tomo as she made into the lamplight. Kahako’s head slightly slumped, she moved her hand to pull a dark brunette lock back behind her ear. “Umm… good evening Tomo-kun,” the mednin called out, even more unsure what else to say.

Her expression would tell him that she saw damn near everything, and there was no point in hiding it. Her first thought would be to mention Saeko, but that would take them down a path that would more than likely make Tomo even more uncomfortable. So she waited for his own greeting, and hoped he would have a better conversation starter for them both than anything she could create.

[MFT]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As their dance finished, Tomo lowered Saeko into a gentle dip. This brought him the closest he'd been to her yet, and it took all his willpower not to drop her as his manhood grazed her thigh. He had danced many times before, with many different people, but it had never been like this. He couldn't quite understand it. How could a simple waltz arouse him so? His mind was too filled with desire to work it out. He lifted her vertical again, pulling her close to his heaving chest. Between dancing, singing, and forcing himself to resist the perverted ideas that came to mind, he had become rather winded. Her chest pressed against his with each breath, and it was glorious.

Before either of them could do something brash, Saeko was the one to pull away. Seeing her stumble a bit, Tomo kept his hand gripping hers to ensure she didn't fall. Her whisper tugged at his heart. His body told him he desired more, regardless of his protesting mind. He smiled, closing his eyes so he would stop staring. The more he stared at her, the more he wanted to take her. "Thank you Lady Santaru. Your words mean the world to me. Perhaps if we meet again, I'll tell you about my type." He wasn't sure if Saeko had insecurities. She was so strong, not just with her language. But if there was something there, something she was fighting inwardly, he hoped he could rectify it. Heal her heart as she did his. He gave a bow before Saeko stumbled away, releasing her hand reluctantly. He furrowed his brows as he watched her go, but the smile never left his lips. He was pretty sure she wasn't drunk. The smell of wine hadn't been overwhelming, but he wasn't familiar enough with her drinking habits to know her limits. He thought about following her. Even if she wasn't inebriated, she could still use an escort. If not for protection, for company. He looked down at his feet, questioning this idea. Was it just to keep her company? Or was he hoping to continue their passion in a private location?

He was unable to decide before clicking caught his ear. He turned to face it, wondering if it was one of his sisters. He wouldn't be surprised. Ninety-nine percent of his siblings were nosy. The one percent was for Komora, who didn't have the mental capacity to be meddlesome in the social affairs of others. In the end, the figure revealed herself to be Kahako, and Tomo's face instantly reddened. This entire evening was turning into one of those ridiculous soap operas Kimiki enjoys. Mystery children popping out of nowhere, guys getting drunk and doing the nasty with anything that moves, and romantic tension as two of a man's crushes come together, unaware that they hold that connection in his heart.

Tomo's face burned brighter as he read her body language. If not from the start, she had to have been there for at least one embarrassing thing. Raiden's fundoshi, IT ALL WAS EMBARRASING! Resisting the urge to book it out of there, as that would be a faux pas, Tomo instead bowed low. Keeping his body bent, to both show respect and hide his embarrassingly aroused body, he greeted the woman. "Good evening Sennin Sh..." He stopped. It felt wrong to call her Sennin Shinrya. Tomo was oblivious to the goings-on of the medical branch, and was unaware of the circumstances of the swap in power. He still respected Kitsune, so calling Kahako by the name he referred to the redhead just didn't sit right with him. Not to mention it would be unfair to Kahako. Being called the same as her predecessor, it probably felt awkward for her as well. Or did it?

Tomo finished his bow and gave Kahako an uncomfortable smile. "I...I hope you don't mind the title of Sennin Kahako." It was up to her, he would call her what she desired. Desire... Tomo lowered his eyes, the feeling from earlier that night returning. He couldn't remember the last time they were alone like this. Not since they were children. Did she remember those days? Was she aware of the impact she had made on his life? It was Kahako that had set the bar for him. She was the kind of woman he wanted. Strong, yet kind. Patient and understanding, but fierce when need be. Intelligent and a good listener. Even as kids he saw that within her, and standing here before him now, he saw it even more. There was a moment of silence, broken only in Tomo's mind as Haruki spoke. In the words of that overly popular song that's all the craze in Kumo, let it go Tomo-boy. Tomo closed his eyes. Though he wouldn't admit it, Haruki was right. He needed to put these feelings to rest. Not only for him, but for Saeko and Kahako. They were obviously close, as was apparent by their hand holding within the ballroom. It was time to officially become friends with Kahako, not some pining teenager that just wants in her panties.

Returning his eyes to the woman, Tomo motioned to the bench Saeko and he had been sitting upon minutes ago. "Let's sit. There's something I need to get off my chest." Your shirt Tomo-boy? Tomo turned to walk towards the bench, hiding the twitching of his eye. Ha. Ha. Ha. No. Taking a seat at the far end so Kahako didn't have to walk as far, he turned to face her once she was seated. "Lady Kahako, do you remember when we were kids? In the academy, you were the one person I could bond with. All the other children were obnoxious, pushy, lacking in intelligence and decorum. You were a solid figure that kept me going during those days." He paused to allow her to absorb his words, and so he could process the rest of his thoughts before speaking. "I came to care for you more than friends. Back then, I couldn't think of any other girl I wanted to be with. I can't deny...that was why I spent so much time with you. It always felt like I had skipped becoming your friend." It was growing more difficult to speak as the confession continued. "But then we drifted apart after the academy, branching off to follow our own paths. When I saw you again those six years ago, I still wished to be more than friends." He took in a breath and sighed. "But then I disappeared, and returned to learn you had found another. It was hard to accept." He looked down. "Even harder to find out it was my new Sennin." He gave a light chuckle as he remembered meeting Ayumu in the forest. If Tomo had been stronger, he probably would have attempted some sort of duel for Kahako. A silly notion, but hormones make people do crazy things.

He returned his gaze to the brunette. "But then a new woman entered my life. A crazy, foul-mouthed woman who somehow turns every day into an adventure...for better or worse." The demon summoning came to mind to fill the worse category. Tomo scratched the back of his head, as this was as far as he had planned for his admission. He knew what he wanted to come out of this, but he was finding it difficult to lead it that way eloquently. "I guess...what I mean to say is, I'm not the same kid I was. And...well, I'm ready to be friends now. For real." Tomo looked up at the starry sky, his face flushed. "Sorry if that made you uncomfortable. I just needed to get that out." When Tomo next exhaled, his shoulders fell. It felt good to finally let go, and years of built-up tension escaped with his breath. He looked back down at Kahako, hoping this wouldn't cause her any worry or regret. That was the last thing he wanted.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was hard to miss his bright red blush before he bowed before her. As he stammered out his title, Kahako couldn’t help but chuckle a little. “We’ve known each other long enough, Tomo-kun. Please feel free to call me whatever you wish.”

Yet it was her turn to be on the surprised side of tonight. Gracefully, she followed the gennin to the bench, tucking her legs under the wood as she watched Tomo struggle with what he wanted to tell her. At first, Kahako smiled, nodding when he asked if they remembered their days at the academy. She remembered the days of when she was younger, and their lives were much simpler. When some friends were not traitors to the village, and life didn’t revolve around assassinations, morally grey-area decisions, or inter-branch power struggles. “Sometimes I wish we could go back to them.” she mumbled in response as she stretched her arms out.

"I came to care for you more than friends. Back then, I couldn't think of any other girl I wanted to be with…

Kahako’s eyes widened as she stopped mid-stretch. She had to really focus on what Tomo continued to say as her brain confirmed, that no, she did not mishear the man next to her. For the rest of his confession, Kahako sat very still. She continued to look at him completely gobsmacked. She never knew Tomo held these feelings for her. Throughout their childhood, she always took his antics as a friendly way to tease her. Guilt filled her heart as Tomo finished, talking about how Saeko came into his life, turning it around for the better and giving him the same feelings Kahako felt when she was with Ayumu.

"I guess...what I mean to say is, I'm not the same kid I was. And...well, I'm ready to be friends now. For real." Tomo looked up at the starry sky, his face flushed. "Sorry if that made you uncomfortable. I just needed to get that out."

“mmmMmm” Kahako immediately responded in protest. Shaking her head to let him know that his words were open to her ears and attention. When he looked at her, she immediately turned, feeling as if she couldn’t look him in the eye. Suddenly, her fingers became very interesting as they twisted and untwisted themselves in her lap. “I had no idea you felt that way.” Kahako all but whispered as she nervously pushed a lock of hair back behind her ear. Her mind couldn’t help but stray from the conversation in denial for a few short seconds. She was surprised how she allowed her hair to become so long in the past few months.

“I’m sorry,” Kahako tried to start again. Yet she struggled to find words past that. In truth, Kahako felt guilt for not realizing Tomo’s intentions. They had known each other for over a decade, and for a decade he held onto feelings that were unrequited. How could she do that to him and still be able to call him a cherished friend? But this was his way for moving on from those feelings. And here Kahako sat, flabbergasted and speechless. For some reason, it felt difficult to let the guilt go. Maybe she could try this a third time.

“I’ve always loved you...” she started. It took less than a millisecond for her to realize how that would have sounded to someone not residing in her mind. Quickly she threw up her hands in protest, her eye wide and cheeks red as she frantically tried to explain herself. “I mean! I have always loved you, but not in the same way!” Great, now it sounded like a sad excuse to shut the man down. Kahako sighed, flustered and nearly ready to flip the bench and run. “A couple years ago, before I learned I was pregnant with Susumu, I had a profound thought that I carry with me to this day.” Her eyes dotted to the side as she continued. “Love… at least to me… is like a large tree. The branches and roots that grow from it’s trunk are always different in nature. Not one branch will grow the same as its counterpart, but they all are different forms of the tree. And a person can hold different forms of love for people, and it’s still love.

“I’ve always loved being around you, Tomo-kun. You were like a kindred spirit, especially when we were children. In some way, I have always loved you, even if after we grew apart.”
At this Kahako gained the courage to look the boy in the eye again. Now their memories together were clear. The whispers in her ear, how he stood close to her when they spoke and held her for longer than was necessary. And not once did she ever give him any indication that what he imagined could happen wouldn’t. “But the love I have for you, and the love I have for Ayumu is different. And I’m sorry I read your advances incorrectly. I shouldn’t have taken them so lightly. I hope you’ll forgive me for leading you on like that for so long.” Kahako grabbed the wood of the bench on both sides of her and squeezed.

“I hope we can be friends. I don’t want to lose it. Especially with Saeko slowly entering both of our lives. She’s fun and a straight-forward breath of fresh air and cold, hard reason...” After this, Kahako grew silent. Quietly waiting for Tomo’s response to her answer.

MFT

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo paid Kahako the same respect she had given him, remaining silent, but attentive to her words. His eyes widened along with hers at the mention of love, though her explanation slide everything into place. Finally, after it had grown silent, Tomo looked up to the starry sky, letting loose a light chuckle. "There is nothing to apologize for. Raiden had his plans from the start." Tomo had never been the religious sort, but a part of him found comfort in the idea of destiny. "We sit here, where we are today, because of the actions of our past. The love we shared, regardless of their differences, led us to those who may reciprocate our feelings." He let his eyes rest again upon Kahako. "So thank you."

Relieved that he had conquered at least one of his many issues, Tomo's mind played Kahako's words again. It then struck him, the mention of her being pregnant, and he staggered in place. "Woah, wait, what?! You were pregnant?! You have a baby?!" Tomo had been away during that period of her life, and was unaware of the matter. He stiffened, realizing how insulting such a reaction might be. "Oh, I mean, congratulations. I'm happy for you. I'm just surprised." He scratched his cheek nervously. "This goes to show how much I missed." It also made him feel old, but he wasn't going to say that out loud. "So Susumu, huh? Tell me about him." Tomo smiled, happy to catch up with an old friend, and feeling lighter than ever now that the air was cleared between them.

Once they had finished conversing, Tomo looked to the entrance of the Torres Celeste. "I suppose I should get back to it. A manager-in-training's work is never done." He rose from the bench and offered his hand to help Kahako up. "Take care of yourself Sennin Kahako." He gave a small bow of his head and made his way to the door. He paused and turned back to the brunette. "Let's talk again soon." Giving her a friendly smile, he reformed his chakra mask and returned to the ball.

[Topic Left - Friendship Salvaged]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back