Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

An Aburame’s Actions - Kiriyomi’s Mission Log

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
A Furry Situation

"Now remember, Kiriyomi, these techniques can be dangerous. Be sure to use them only when necessary, like if you need to defend yourself. As a future Shinobi, you have an obligation to protect every citizen in this village. You don't want to use your techniques recklessly and accidentally hurt someone, or yourself. The only reason I'm teaching these to you is because there have been bandits spotted in the surrounding area and I want you to be safe. So be smart, finish this mission, and get back home before dinner. Do you think you can do that?"

Kiriyomi, pulling on his usual t-shirt and shorts combo, nods his head. His father had warned him that he would have to start taking missions when he started at the academy, because he would need to start making his own money to get his own gear and to prepare himself for when he is a full fledged Shinobi and treated as an adult rather than a child. Kohara flies over from where he is sitting on Kiri's desk, landing on the boys shoulder and patting him reassuringly as if to say, "Don't worry buddy! We can do this together." Kiri nods his agreement to Kohara and smiles at his father, who walks over to ruffle the boys hair. A stag beetle crawls out from the man's shirt sleeve and glares down at Kohara, turning its back on the ant and scuttling up onto the older man's head to stare down at Kiriyomi. The boy shrinks back from the insects almost condescending stare, the first stirrings of nervousness beginning in the pit of his stomach. He could do this, the job wasn't that hard. Thankfully, it didn't require him to interact with many people either. It would also keep him away from the ever persistent boy Yasei, who hadn't yet found Kiri for their weekly "sparring" session.

"Don't worry, Otosan. I have been studying at the academy for a little while now, and I feel confident in my abilities to handle this. You trusted me enough to give me this mission, and I'm grateful for it. I won't let you or Okasan down, so there's no need to worry. I'm not going to carelessly use my jutsu like the other students at school." At this, his father cocks his head to the side quizzically and Kiri quickly snaps his mouth shut. He forgot that he hadn't told his parents about the fight that had happened with Shusuke, and didn't really plan on it either. The last thing that he needed were his parents approaching the Yamanaka boy's family, causing Shusuke to lash out at Kiriyomi again when he found out. Instead, he planned to just avoid him at all costs and keep his head down to avoid any further drama with any of the other students. He just wished that his friend Akio could help him with this mission. But, his father was trusting him to do this on his own, so he had to prove that he could do just that. "Tell Ojiisan to get the mahjong board set up, and we can play when I'm finished! I'm getting better, and I think that I'll actually be able to join him when he plays with the neighbors soon enough!"

With these parting words, Kiriyomi darts downstairs and plants a kiss on his waiting mother's cheek before dashing out the door. Stopping and taking a deep breath, the boy starts by running off towards the village proper. He had to start his mission by finding the last place his target had been seen, and search for any evidence of where it had gone after that. Infusing chakra into the bottoms of his feet, Kiri quickly dashed from the ground and leapt onto the roof of a nearby building and ran along the rooftops to avoid the foot traffic below. Children below stared up at him in awe as he jumped from roof to roof, and he blushed deeply at the attention. It wasn't very long ago that he would watch the village Shinobi rushing around, wishing to be a part of their ranks. Now he just had to complete this mission to prove that he deserved such status.

Within a few minutes Kiriyomi lands in a park and leans against a tree, slightly out of breath. His target was last seen around here, and this is where his search would begin. Kneeling down, he places his hands on the ground and watches as his swarm of carpenter ants march their way down his arms and onto the ground. He silently commands them to seek out any evidence, and sits back to wait and see what they bring back. Almost immediately, the ants came back with various objects on their backs. He quickly discarded various bits of debris, rocks, and a few twigs. Starting to lose hope, he recalled the swarm and stood up. As he does so, he spies something heading his way. One of the ants was carrying a tuft of hair, which Kiriyomi rushed over and picked up. This is it! Searching around the park, he quickly found other patches of hair left behind and followed the trail to a large field of overgrown grass that was softly blowing in the breeze. Knowing that there was no chance of him finding anything in these conditions, Kiriyomi had to make a decision. Heed his father's words, or try something. Making a few quick handseals, and a swipe of his hand, and Kiriyomi executes the Wind Slash jutsu to chop the grass down to a manageable level. In doing so, he disturbs his target, which quickly darts away from him and further into the field.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you get away that easily." Kiri stomps on the ground, using the other jutsu his father had taught him, Gravel Shift. As he does so, the ground under his target's feet shifts and becomes a gathering of loose pebbles. With a screech, it falls to the ground and Kiriyomi quickly rushes over to scoop it off the ground. "Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you! I just want to make sure that you get home safe!" The cat, angry about being picked up, quickly shows its displeasure by scratching up Kiri's arms and face. The boy clutches the cat tightly to his chest and rushes to the address he was given for the owner, a sweet little older woman who is so grateful to see her cat again that she sends Kiri home with a few cookies as a thanks. As he munches on one, leisurely walking home, he looks up towards the sky and smiles. Any other student may have found a task like this beneath them, but Kiriyomi was excited. He'd completed his first mission, and couldn't wait to take on more!

[WC: 1138]

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
A Curious Campsite
Kiriyomi smiles to himself as he pulls on his glove, looking at himself in the mirror. He was growing stronger by the day, strong enough to go on higher ranking missions! Today he was to go out into the forest and locate a group of rogue shinobi, find out what their plans are, and report back to the village so that they could take care of them. The Chūnin that had assigned him to this mission stressed the importance of personal safety, glancing at his missing arm during their conversation.

Kiri grits his teeth a bit and turns away from the mirror, willing his Kikai to fill out the long sleeve of his shirt so that he wouldn’t get stares from other villagers as he made his way to the gates. He had gotten more comfortable with using it as a replacement, to the point that he was certain he could hold a teacup without shattering it again. He still needed to get Asuka a replacement for the one he broke; she had laughed it off, but he felt guilty for breaking something of hers. Especially given that she was a former Hokage.

Grabbing his tool pouch and slinging it over his back, Kiri rushes out the door, shouting a quick goodbye over his shoulder to his mother and grandfather. Making his way to the gates of Konoha, he thinks back on his last encounter with enemy shinobi. He was stronger than he had been at the time, and could better defend himself if the need should arise. But that didn’t stop the nerves from kicking in, causing his stomach to cramp uncomfortably. Arriving at the gates, he shows the guards on duty his scroll with the details of his mission, and they point him in the general direction of where they believed the shinobi to be hiding.

Jumping up into the trees and taking off in the direction he was given, Kiri wonders if he should have invited someone along with him. Akio or Keni would have made good backup, especially if it came down to a fight. Shaking his head, Kiri scolds himself silently. You took this job to prove to yourself and the village that you are capable! So stop complaining and get on with it. Scanning the forest below, he begins to slow as he finds tracks leading off from one of the well worn paths. They appeared to be fresh, and so he followed them for a few minutes before stopping.

Charging in like this is what got him injured before. He would have to be more strategic in his approach, and he had the perfect jutsu in mind. Sensing Kiri’s intentions, Kohara flies out of his hair and lands on the tree beside him as the boy performs the Fly on the Wall jutsu. As his body slumps back onto the branch, Kohara flies off to continue following the footprints. Before long, he smells wood smoke and flies down from the canopy to better follow the trail. There, up ahead in a small clearing; three people are sitting around a small fire, laughing and talking. As they get closer, Kohara and Kiri manage to hear what they are saying.

“So she got caught by some guard, who wasn’t supposed to be there. Her team failed to cause a diversion, and he tried to stop her. So Hayami used a Lightning style jutsu to short out his headset, then quickly overwhelmed him as she slid her poison tipped kunai between his ribs. The poor sap didn’t even see it coming! So, I think this next raid on the village should be easy enough, we know where there’s a weak spot in their defenses.” Despite sharing his senses with Kohara, Kiriyomi could feel his vision going red. Without a moment to consider his options, he ends the jutsu and begins to rush towards the impromptu campsite.

Knowing that taking out all three of these shinobi was a stretch, even with his newfound strength, Kiri decided to lure them away from each other. As he crept close enough to see their figures around the fire, he summoned his illusory clones and sent them dashing through the forest near the group ahead. Startled, they all jumped up to give chase, and he singled out the one that he had heard bragging about his father’s death.

As his clone led the man down a dark path through the forest, he quickly realized that his associates weren’t with him. Stopping dead in his tracks, he turns back towards the campsite, only to be greeted by Kiri standing on the path. “Well hey there, kid. Are you lost? You really shouldn’t be out here, it’s dangerous.” He takes a menacing step forward, drawing out a kunai. As he goes to raise it, he is stopped by the fury burning in Kiri’s eyes.

“Perhaps you should be more careful. The shinobi of Konoha are more dangerous than you think.” With a smirk, he stands there and watches as his Kikai swarm over the man’s body, trapping him in a writhing and biting dome of insects. With a silent command, the dome slowly begins to shrink, the ants tearing the man’s flesh from his body. “I guess Shusuke-sama was right. If you’re weak, then it’s best just to die.”

Turning back towards the village, Kiri leaves his Kikai behind to finish the job. They know how to get back to him when they are done. He had to hurry and report back to his superiors about the location of the rogues, and inform them that they had taken part in the robbery that took his father’s life. Hopefully they would also listen to him about bolstering the security in the area where his father had died, since it seemed these rogue shinobi might have someone on the inside to help them get in and out undetected.

[WC: 980]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back