Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

An Introduction is in Order (Free RP, Requesting Jo)

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The prospect of becoming the Main Branch Sennin had been quite suddenly thrust upon Ayumu. He had been in ANBU for years by this point and while he had probably spent nearly equal time in the Main Branch beforehand he was certainly used to being an ANBU now. But that wasn't who he was anymore. Now, he was the head of the largest branch in the village. He was preceded by two good Sennin in Hikari and Masao, so there were large shoes to fill metaphorically speaking. Fortunately he had one advantage in that aspect having already held the title of Sennin for another branch previously. While the ANBU and Main Branch were vastly different in many ways, there were bound to be numerous similarities in leading this branch that would make Ayumu's job slightly less chaotic to ease in to. The first day had come and gone with him frantically trying to move into his new office and start getting accustomed to the idea of being a Sennin again.

Today, his second day, he was still going to be getting settled in. Fortunately his office was put together after he tasked some Academy Students with a "mission" to get all of his stuff inside and up the stairs or elevator (whichever fit better). They may not be fully trained ninjas yet, but they were good little work horses at the least. His new office looked like a cross between his two old offices. As ANBU Sennin he held two offices, one in the Sileo Tempestas and one in the Torre Celeste. It was going to be nice to have one centralized location where he wouldn't have to run back and forth between two desks. Now that his work space was in order, he was put to task pouring over a load of paperwork that had become backed up in the period of time that the branch had no Sennin. Business as usual.

The one thing he wanted to do today was meet the person who would be his Hand of the Sennin, Narashi Jo. They had met once briefly for a mission, but not really been formally introduced. Now that Ayumu was to head up the branch that wasn't really enough. They were going to need to work together a lot, so a more substantial introduction was in order. The news of Ayumu being placed in the position had likely already reached Jo by now. He doubted the man was very thrilled by the idea of a now former ANBU sitting at this desk. Still, they were going to need to work together so that would be something they'd have to get past. It all had to start with a meeting, however, so it was time to initiate that. Pressing the intercom button on his desk, he contacted the secretary below.

"Dona, please get in contact with Narashi Jo and ask him to report to the Main Branch S-... er, my office. Thanks," he said, to which Dona gave her acknowledgement. That was one comfort for him, the secretary he had once worked with still remained. The message would be sent to Jo quickly, she was very good at getting that done. Ayumu hadn't specified a time, so Jo would show up when he would. Ayumu had plenty to do to keep himself busy until then regardless. He lifted his pen from the paper he was writing upon and moved the paper to a stack to his left then lifted the stack and placed it atop a much larger stack to his right. With a sigh, he spun around in his chair to the table behind him where an even larger stack awaited him and removed a small stack to place on his desk. It was going to be a long day... or week. Weeks, maybe. It was good to see the joke of a Sennin burried under paperwork was still valid, at least.

[Requesting Jo]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a beautiful spring morning in Kumogakure. The birds were chirping, the air, damp from the previous nights rain, smelled of fresh grass and freshly budding flowers, the stars were peeking through sparse cloud cover. That’s right, I forgot to mention… It’s only 0545. The sun was still only a rumor on a slightly less dark eastern horizon. Why would anyone be up this early, you may ask? Morning Physical Readiness Training, of course! Narashi Jo had his entire division up early for PRT and a 5 mile run. The pathetic wheezing and panting of the more portly members of his department sent spikes of anger through his chest and into his head where they festered like maggots in dead flesh. These lazy bums had only themselves to blame for falling this far out of shape. Jo was going to get these pukes in fighting form, whether they liked it or not. It was his mission to make them the best the Village had to offer, bar none. So, every cadence he called out this morning was something inspirational and/or Corp related. With each line he screamed, the formation repeated his with their pace.
”C130 ROLLING DOWN THE STRIP!
64 KUMO SHINOBI ON A ONE-WAY TRIP!
MISSION TOP SECRET, DESTINATION UNKNOWN!
DON’T EVEN KNOW IF WE’RE EVER GOING HOME!
STAND UP, BUCKLE UP, SHUFFLE TO THE DOOR!
JUMP RIGHT OUT AND COUNT TO FOUR!
AND IF MY CHUTE DON’T OPEN WIDE!
I’VE GOT A RESERVE, FRONT SIDE!
AND IF THAT ONE SHOULD FAIL ME TOO!
LOOK OUT BELOW, I’MA COMIN’ THROUGH!
SHOULD I DIE IN THE OLD DROP ZONE!
BOX ME UP AND SHIP ME HOME!
TELL MY MOMMA I DID MY BEST!
AND BURY ME IN THE LEANING REST!
CAUSE I’M A-I, R-B, O-R, N-E!
I’M HARDCORE! AIRBORNE!
HARDCORE, AIRBORNE!”

As the group rounded the final corner to return to the Academy training grounds, Narashi Jo broke away from his spot to the left of the formation and sprinted to the middle of the field before shouting: ”FALL IN!” The group broke apart like a wave on the shore; tripping, stumbling (and in some cases falling) into their place in the formation. ”MOVE IT! EXTEND YOUR LEGS!” He shouted at the few stragglers who fell out of the run as they staggered up to the rest of the group. It only took a few seconds for them to be standing rigidly at the position of attention in four even ranks, centered on Narashi. ”Extend to the left, MARCH!” Upon execution of the command, everyone raised their arms parallel to the ground and spaced themselves evenly based on arms-length plus six inches on either side, screaming while they were moving and falling silent when they were in place. ”Arms downward, MOVE!” instantly, all of their arms snapped to their sides as they returned to the position of attention. ”Left, FACE!” In unison, everyone pivoted to their left. Jo repeated the command of “Extend to the left, MARCH”, and the process repeated before they were ordered to “Right, Face” and the even numbered ranks uncovered from behind the odd numbered ranks by taking one pace to the left. Jo then cycled them through some stretching and recovery drills.

”Alright, good run today everyone. Way to stay motivated, hooah?” A chorus of voices replied with “HOOAH!” ”Ok; go back home, perform personal hygiene. No one wants to sit at a desk next to someone who smells as badly as you all do right now.” Chuckles rippled through the crowd. The stench of body-odor was strong in the muggy morning air. ”You all know the uniform, and you know when your shifts start. If you’re not at least 10 minutes early, you’re late. If you’re late, you will be receiving a counseling statement with a recommendation for judicial action and reassignment. FALL OUT!”

The group replied with a thunderous “NEVER” before leaving the field to go shower. All in all, Jo was proud of them. In the couple of weeks he’d been the Hand they had improved in a multitude of ways; order, discipline, military courtesies, and drill and ceremony had returned to a standard level. As far as physical training went, they were slowly but surely getting there. Jo smiled as he picked up his canteen and headed towards the Torre.

Jo sighed as he stepped out of the shower in his office. His new digs had been upgraded from the closet in the basement. Now he had an actual office with newer furniture, plenty of office supplies, and even a window! The latrine even had a shower, and he kept a couple sets of SCU’s (Shinobi Combat Uniform) so he could shower and get dressed there at work instead of going all the way home. Drying off with a rough towel, Jo dressed in his slate-grey fatigues and tied his Kumo forehead protector onto his head. As he exited the latrine, his personal assistant Karin came in bearing a tray with black coffee, scrambled egg whites, a cinnamon-raisin bagel with peanut butter, an apple (a yellow delicious, if you must know), a glass of skim milk, and a glass of orange juice. For the first three days she’d done this, Jo told her it wasn’t necessary, but now he had grown accustomed to having a good, solid breakfast after PRT in the morning. He liked Karin. She was smart, hardworking, punctual, and properly courteous. She also gave 100 percent effort at PRT in the mornings, a serious struggle for her since she was slightly overweight and more than a little out of shape. Jo thanked her kindly and she left him to enjoy his breakfast in silence.

Paperwork kept him busy most of the morning, with the monotony broken repeatedly by “important” meetings. He had forgotten how freaking boring it was to be in charge of this many people. He was itching to go out on a mission for once. Just as he thought he might not have the gumption to muscle through any more idiots asking him stupid questions while trying to give excuses why something wasn’t done, Kirin came in and told him his presence had been requested by the new Sennin of the Main. Grateful for the opportunity to get away from his desk, Jo headed down the hall to Kogami Ayumu’s office. They had worked together once on the mission that ultimately ended in the death of the Kingslayers and the previous Sennin, Takaki Masao. From what he could remember, he was competent, and extremely deadly. Good traits to have in a leader, but he didn’t know him that well as a person. His previous position as the Sennin of the ANBU meant he had plenty of experience running a branch, but Jo was apprehensive about working under a former ANBU. They were a little too full of themselves in his personal opinion. Hubris is a more dangerous enemy than any shinobi. It leads to one underestimating ones opponent, and overextending oneself past the point of prudence in tactical situations where one misstep mean failure of the mission and death of the operatives.

”Good morning, Dona. Sennin Kogami asked to see me?” He said, as he approached the secretaries desk.

{WC: 1205,MFT}

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Dona had been around the Torre Celeste for some time so she knew a great many people as the volume of those who passed through the tower was large. She saw several of them on a daily basis, which included Jo since he had returned to his position. She looked up as Jo approached and smiled as he greeted her. She returned his greeting and nodded at his mention of the Sennin requesting to see him. "Yes, please go ahead in. I'll let him know you've arrived," Dona said, waiting for him to start towards the Sennin's office before pressing the intercom button to contact Ayumu. "Kogami-sama, Narashi Jo is here. I sent him to you," she spoke to the intercom sending the message along through the wires to Ayumu's office.

Somehow, in the short time since he had requested to have Jo report to his office, Ayumu had fallen asleep. He was currently dozing with his head lying sideways on a stack of papers that acted almost like a very cheap uncomfortable pillow for his weary head. He had been late getting home and early getting to the office, so there was some fatigue involved. He was drooling ever so slightly on the top page of the stack but at least he wasn't snoring on top of that. His glasses were awkwardly pushed halfway off of his face and he was certainly not looking particularly Sennin-like. When the sharp crackle of the intercom came followed by Dona's chipper voice Ayumu was awoken with a start. He shot upright in his chair and faced the door that Jo would be entering momentarily. He stole a quick look down and realized what had happened when he saw the top page was just a little compromised. He heard Jo at the door and quickly crumpled the evidence up and tossed it into the nearby waste bin. It probably wasn't important or anything. He rubbed his face quickly to wake himself up and then made like he was in the middle of reading the paper on the top of the stack now.

"Good morning, Narashi-san. Thanks for arriving so promptly," Ayumu said looking up from obviously diligently reading, his face revealing no evidence that he was sleeping moments ago. In his mind he was thankful that Jo was so quick to arrive. He couldn't have afforded to sleep much longer with all there was to do. Ayumu pushed himself in his chair away from the desk and stood up. He wasn't going to shake the drowsiness by sitting in such a comfortable chair. Walking around the desk, he stopped near the side. "I know that we know each other's names and we've spoken briefly at times, but I don't think we've been formally introduced. But we do know one another's names so I suppose there's not much point. Still, it's good to meet you," he said, offering his hand for a shake. He also admittedly wanted to see how the man's grip was as a cursory measure of his strength.

"So, I know that you've only recently returned to this position but you have been in the Main Branch for sometime regardless and I'm sure you've gotten up to speed already. I want to hear your opinion on the state of the branch. I'm working to get up to speed myself. As you can imagine, this was a little unexpected," Ayumu said with a chuckle. He wondered if Masao had much time to adjust when he was put into the position much the same way. The branch he was taking over now was much the product of Masao's hands. Just from what he had learned in the past day it had changed much since Ayumu himself was in the branch years past. Jo was one who had been in the branch since Masao was the Sennin. Ayumu had a feeling his help as the Hand would be invaluable.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jo reached out his hand and accepted Ayumu’s handshake. His handshaking technique was all business; a firm grip, one shake up and down, and a clean release. One could tell a lot about a man through his handshake, but Jo believed the only way to truly know someone was to a) fight by their side in combat, or b) fight against them in an attempt to kill them. Jo had fought on the same side as Ayumu during a skirmish with the Inquisition during the final Kingslayers mission which resulted in the death of Takaki Masao, the late Sennin of the Main and Jo’s mentor.

”Good morning, Sir.” Jo should’ve gone to the position of attention when addressing a senior officer (as was the custom), but he played off of Ayumu’s informality and matched it. ”It’s good to have you here, Sir. We’ve got a lot of work to do. Our branches biggest issue currently is the fact that we’re grievously short-handed. The Letifer is running on a skeleton crew, as is the Couriers department. I’ve got several people lined up to interview for the Head Courier position, and they’ll be tasked with making sure that department is running smoothly. As for the other departments, I’m still unsure how they’re doing. I think it would be in the best interest of the Branch to sit down with the heads of each of the divisions in the Branch and have a meeting about the sitrep of their departments. If the current leadership isn’t doing their job, they need to be replaced by competent shinobi who will get the job done.” Jo realized he’d sort-of taken the floor in this discussion, but he had more than a few ideas on how to get the Branch on track and how to keep it from derailing again. In his opinion, it never truly recovered from Takaki Masao’s death; and Hikari had only been in the Sennin position long enough to keep the Branch from burning completely to the ground. The Main Branch didn’t need a band-aid, it needed surgery, followed by physical therapy, before finally recovering and getting back to the glory they used to be and should be. He didn’t voice that opinion, it wasn’t his place. However, he was in a position to affect some changes on the Branch, and he was ready to do anything and everything he could to help.

”I know you’re busy, so I can go ahead and take care of those meetings for you if you’d like. I’ll find out what their divisions are having trouble with and bring that information to you. If I think there’s a problem with the current leadership of a department, I can get a group of potential candidates together and have you choose one. All I know is we need more recruits to join the Academy, and we need more missions for the shinobi we do have.”

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jo gave a perfectly respectable handshake and after listening to Ayumu's request quickly delved into a detailed response. Clearly he had been thinking about this already, which was good. From the sound of things, he had very well adapted to his job as the Hand even if he had only just been reinstated. He spoke first of the Letifer, the group of shinobi that Ayumu had worked with a few times when he was a trainee. Had he not gone the route of ANBU, there was a high chance he would have ended up in that division of the Main Branch. It came as a surprise to Ayumu that apparently there were some departments that were short handed. Despite being the largest branch the Main still had problems filling some positions apparently. Jo went on to suggest meetings with the division heads and went so far as to offer to take care of them himself. 'If he hadn't been indisposed until just recently, I'm certain he would have made a good candidate for this position. I know Haruka had some relative in mind for next in line to Sennin, but perhaps that's looking too far,' Ayumu thought as Jo gave his closing thoughts.

"I'm not used to having my second-in-command be so proactive, I must say. I would like you to go ahead and set up those meetings, but I'll attend them with you. I don't want to be too far departed from the people in the branch, and I need to meet some of these people for the first time, too. To be upfront, though, I've got to tell you that I've been informed by the council that there may be some organizational changes in the branch. Nothing too radical, I hope. Whether that was initiated by council or by our new Raikage, I'm not sure, but it's something that's coming down the pike soon," Ayumu responded, also letting Jo in on the news he had heard. He wasn't sure exactly what they had decided or if the plans were solidified yet, but he would let his Hand know as soon as he knew more himself.

"I'll let you know when I hear more on that front. For now, is there anything else you'd like to bring up?" Ayumu asked, in case there was anything Jo was hoping to speak about before they ended their short meeting. Ayumu was a fan of brevity when it came to meetings. Best to decide and act as quickly as possible. Plus meetings weren't always the most entertaining thing to be stuck doing.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jo nodded at the news of discussions about reorganizing the Branch. The other branches, namely the ANBU, had been grumbling for years about the Main Branch stepping on their toes. It was only a matter of time before they took action and limited the Main’s ability to act in the defense of their Village. ’And for what? The ability to call ‘dibs’ on who gets to kill whom? Bullshit…’ Either way, the Letifer would go on. It was their job to operate in the shadows, to do the things that the village couldn’t be seen doing. The ANBU were still the lead on covert missions, but when the Kage needed plausible deniability, they called in the Letifer.

”Well, perhaps we should wait until after the council makes up their mind on what to do with the Branch to call a general meeting, then. No point in gathering everyone up and giving them marching orders when they may not even have a division to lead. Please keep me appraised on the councils decision. Otherwise, there’s nothing much more to discuss. We need to get our number of missions up, but that’s a work-in-progress.” Jo snapped to the position of attention before continuing. ”If there’s nothing else, sir, I’ll get back to work.

{Sorry for the terribly short post, will PM you about why.}

{TLUS}

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu slowly turned and walked back to his seat as Jo spoke and paused behind his desk as Jo finished speaking. He made the point that it would be best to find out what council had planned for the branch before beginning meetings and organizing the branch. Who knew what changes they would make that might reverse work the two of them did? It was annoying to have to wait, but hopefully it wouldn't be much longer. Ayumu nodded at Jo's second mention of the mission volume and then again as he asked to return to work. Ayumu, too, had things to return to. He now planned to petition the council to make their decisions regarding the branch sooner rather than later. There were also still numerous things to do to settle into his new position.

"There's nothing else right now, thanks for coming. I'll be in contact soon," Ayumu said, noticing that Jo was now standing at attention. Ayumu was unused to this, as many under his command didn't even know that was something people did. It never ceased to amaze Ayumu the differences in what people learned in the Academy. Different Academy teachers taught different things, obviously. Then again, perhaps this was something Masao made him do. Ayumu wouldn't have put it past the old man. Either way, it would take some getting used to.

"Dismissed," Ayumu added, just in case he was waiting for it. When Jo was gone, Ayumu would return to his seat and begin to sift through the paperwork that had gotten into disarray on his desk from his light nap.

[TLUS]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back