Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Announcing the SENNIN GAMES!

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a day split between the typical and atypical. On one hand, it wasn't atypical for so many people to be present at the Toraono Dojo. Not only did it serve the function of training the next generation of shinobi under the watchful eye of the legendary family but it also served as a place for all ranks of shinobi to continue to hone, refine, and master their craft. It was also a tourist location for the village due to its design, the mystique of the clan name, and the actual appearance of the clan members themselves.

On the other hand, it was atypical for a podium, several microphones, and a strange collection of machinery to be parked in front of the dojo. It was also a bit abnormal that figures with pen and paper, the collective media of Wind Country, to be gathered in the village. But today was not going to be a normal day for the dojo. No, today was a special day. A day in which the Kazekage had called forth not only the members of the shinobi forces, not only the members of the village, but for the collective eyes and ears of the entire country. The secrecy of it all caused a swell of speculation and rumors.

"I heard he was stepping down due to poor health..."

"Oh, I believe the outsider runt is giving the title back to a Sunahoshi, the rightful heir must have returned!"

"We declaring war again?" "Well you didn't hear this from me, but apparently one of his ninja attacked another country..." "Wow, you really never know what is happening within these walls!"

"Momma, is the tiger man going to be here?!" "Now sweetie, Kuro-sama is very busy protecting the village from the wilds."

"Maybe they are going to announce a partnership with the Golden Sanctuary Merchants Guild?" "That would be amazing, those guys are really bringing so much advancement to the country!"

"You know, he wasn't even born in this village... that just always felt weird to me. Whatever happened to Katsuo, sort of suspicious if you ask me..."

The crowd would begin to go from a scattering of whispers to a full-on roar as the man who served as the catalyst for all of this speculation would finally arrive on the scene and would start to make his way to the podium. Following in behind him would be Yukina, his personal attendant. Behind Yukina would be three Chunin shinobi carrying banners. The banners would flitter and dance in the slight breeze as they would jab each of the spikes into the ground and exit from behind the Kazekage. Upon the banners would be the following; on the right banner would be the sigils of the prominent family clans of importance to the village. The left banner would have the sigil of the Ryuzaki and various other prominent clans of Wind Country who did not reside in the village historically. The center banner, the one that waved the highest and was located directly behind Raizo would have the symbol of Sunagakure no Sato emblazoned upon it. Just below that symbol would be a much smaller symbol of the Kazekage title.

Generators would begin to whirl and buzz as the rudimentary cameras and bulky recording devices would start to record. Soon, the village and closest regions of the country would know what the Kazekage had to say. Soon after the news would be all over the country, and in a much quicker timeframe than how it once was thanks to the influx of innovation that began to run like wildfire through the country.

"Hello..." the microphones would have a buzzing of feedback as the gathered audience would grow silent.

"Sorry, this is my first time talking into these things... wow, there are a lot of you here, huh? Great, because I have some exciting news for this village and this country."
Monkey.D..Luffy.600.2822479.jpg

Part 1 - To Be Continued
OOC: Ran out of time as I was making the post, will finish up after work. If anyone wants to join for the shits and giggles of it all, I wouldn't be opposed!

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The crowd would continue to wait as the Kazekage would look out into the masses with a smile plastered upon his face.

"Is he going to say something..."

"I heard he was sick... he looks fine to me"

"I miss Katsuo... or Sousuke."

"He looks sick, guess the rumors were true on him stepping down due to health. Poor thing..."

Clearing his through, the Kazekage would begin with his announcement.

"When I first got here, Suna was in a time of turmoil. It had just exited a conflict that was made public between their interests and those of the previous Daimyo. Following that, much like the rest of the country, they were embroiled in dealing with The Swarm and the loss of carmot."

There would be murmurs throughout the crowd, whether disagreeing with the idea of Suna provoking the previous Daimyo, displeasure themselves with the previous Daimyo, issues concerning the loss of carmot, or just a mixture of all those things. Raizo was not blind to how Suna was viewed by many outside of its walls in this country, thanks to the previous Daimyo's influence on the media. Still, he couldn't just simply paint from the lens of Suna's perspective either. This was an address to all within the country.

"And yet, this village was being held up by pillars. By legends. Toraono Kuro, the figure who stands at the apex of the family whose very dojo we stand in front of. The ingenuity of Takahashi Sousuke, who aided in crafting the very walls that now protect those of us here. The vigilance of Senju Kazuki, who never shied away from confronting challenges to this village. These legendary figures, along with others, kept this village standing. Now, as we move into not only a new age for Sunagakure no Sato, but a new age for Kaze no Kuni, we must build new legends. We must gather new pillars."

Once more pockets of chattering would resonate within the crowd.

"I wonder who he is going to appoint..." "How many current Sennin are there anyways?"

"
In the past, this was a choice, an appointment by the Kazekage. I too could follow such a tradition." He would pause for a moment. "But this new age of Sunagakure no Sato deserves more than just a quiet selection. This occasion deserves to be a spectacle, to be a showcase. The next selected Sennin should have a chance to build their legend right here in front of each and every one of your eyes. You should have an opportunity to see, even if only a fraction, the ability they possess. You need to bear witness to why it is I they were selected as Sennin."

Motioning to his side, his attendant Yukina, a female with pink hair and a rather serious look on her face, would lift up a box and step out in front of the podium. The box was highly decorated, and detailed with the finest craftsmanship.

"Ooooh, that must be the handiwork of the Takahashi!" "I bet Lord Sousuke did that himself."

"
So I am proposing a different way for my first selection process of Sennin. I am going to craft a series of trials to determine who will be selected. These trials will test the body, the mind, and the character of those who wish to rise to the rank of Sennin. This competition will be open to all who wish to participate, there will be no barriers on age or rank. This competition will also be open to any of those who reside within Wind Country and hear these words."

"Wait, an outsider could become the Sennin?!"

"
Look past this notion of outsiders and foreigners. I am an outsider to the village of Suna but my roots are still buried deep within this country. And even more so, the previous Sennin Senju Kazuki immigrated here from another country entirely. We should not be looking to limit those who wish to become a pillar of this country, a pillar of this nation."

"Wait...can he hear people chatting in the crowd?!"

"So if you reside within these borders and think you have what it takes to become a Sennin of this village... then here is your invitation. Come prove it. I know firsthand that giants slumber not only within this village but out in the desert sands. Those who hold incredible skill and power but just haven't found the right calling, the right motivation. Come here. Test yourself. Prove yourself."

His words for most of his announcement had been even-keeled and very polished, like a true statesman. These final words started to carry a tone of excitement. A tone of someone looking for a challenge. The simple reason was this; the very premise of this opportunity excited him beyond all belief. He was dying for the opportunity to see what those who stood before these trials could accomplish.
uwp676101.gif

"I have seen firsthand how there are those truly skilled, truly gifted, hiding among us. You are the ones I wish to see. Our young crop of shinobi are hiding some incredible talent, a talent that may even rival their seniors. So shake off any preconceived notions of who does or doesn't deserve this title. Listen to yourself, and ask yourself; do I want to be Sennin of Suna? If the answer is yes, then you should take part in our first ever SENNIN GAMES!"

There was a slight pause before the crowd erupted into a chorus of fluctuating chatter.

"In 4 months (1 month OOC time), the box that my attendant Yukina holds will be placed outside of this dojo. Those who are here at that time will enter their names and submit them into the box. These individuals, whether it is 100 or 1, will then be entered into the Sennin Games. The week-long event will be marked by continuous festivals and celebrations. Celebrations for our competitors, celebrations for our village, celebrations for our country. All will be welcome to enjoy the show and the hospitality of this village. Hell... maybe I will even put on a little show?"

The last part would be followed by him flexing, and would immediately draw the ire of Yukina who would snarl back at him.

"Use this time wisely. Shake off the rust, master your craft, or find the inner strength you need to face my challenges... and I will see you in 4 months."

With that, he would depart, even as questions from reporters and those in attendance would fly in his direction.

"My attendant Yukina will stick around and answer any and all questions" would be the final words from the Kazekage as he departed.
enmMouq.png
-Yukina (NPC)

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: In 1 month (IC 4 months) we will host a series of little events to help me select the next Sennin for Suna. While I am unsure of who all might end up participating, so I can't say how many Sennin would be selected from this contest, I still encourage all who are interested to participate as the goal is to select at the very least 1 Sennin from those play! Heck, even if you don't think there is a chance at all, because you have a newly created PC or Sub Account, I still encourage you to join up to get some story moments for your character.

I know this isn't how things are normally selected for this type of position, but hey... why not have a little IC fun with all of this! In 1 month I will post an event thread here in the dojo that will serve as the official sign-up. Again, I hope any and all who are interested participate :) There will also be celebration/festival event threads to allow people to interact as well, so anyone who isn't currently in Suna can feel free to make a trip here and join in on the partying in a month if you so choose!

Go train, go prepare, and good luck to all who give it a shot.

-XOXO Raizo ;)

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
sample-99db2c77847f6234c0c542891e442fea.jpg
A large crowd had congregated near the Toraono Dojo, a mass of humans, or sheep if you will. Like a conditioned response they flocked to their noble shepherd, Lord Raizo. How quick the grapevine spreads amid the rabble, a single seed sowed swiftly crawls throughout the village, captivating the simple, human minds. A werewolf, so to speak, stood amongst the crowd as Raizo addressed the flock. His ability to blend in had been honed over his years spent residing in this village. The non-native Sunan, Kaen, was present for whatever it was that their Kage had to say. If it had anything to do with the letter received from Leaf there would be no doubt an important announcement. Though he looked unimpressed, his ears and eyes were focused in on Raizo and his surroundings. Though he was no longer Captain of the Anbu, the instincts where still present, along with his own inborn instincts that seemed to make for a perfect mixture. The Flame Court Hybrid wondered in the back of his mind whether or not there were others of influence amongst the crowd...

[OOC - Topic Entered - Observing]

[Edit - Was working on the post earlier, sorry, late post lol]

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
That unnatural presence slowly crept through the crowd. The Immortal Trickster's interest had been ignited at the mention of a public announcement. Having arrived he listened intently to the words of the Kazekage & the reactions of those within the crowd. "Interesting...what are you up to now Raizo?" he mused to himself from a nearby rooftop. Gaze scanning the reactions of those below as the announcement was given. A chuckle of devilish mischief would escape him. 'How fitting, yes young Ryuzaki conduct your Sennin Games. You shall face your own trials in due time...' he thought to himself with a warm smile as the crowd below came to life with a mixture of emotion. It was clear none had been expecting such a move from the young Kazekage. It was something that no doubt caught many individuals off guard. Staying a moment he would take in those below, listening to the words carried upon the wind to him.

All in all it seemed that the announcement had been met with much energetic fervor. Even Akkuma had to admit it was not a path he had anticipated Raizo to take. Bringing to life many potential possibilities for what could lay before them. It was a most interesting proposal & the Immortal Trickster was glad he had taken the time out to come witness the event in person. "Perhaps my faith in this village & the young Ryuzaki was not misplaced..." another musing uttered out loud but one he doubted would be audible to those below, well the non-shinobi that was. There were many chakra presences here today & who knew just how many would feel the pull to such an occasion.

Taking out the Sage would begin to smoke the contents within, with a snap of his fingers it was alive with heat & flame. He would observe that which transpired for now, perhaps he would learn some more intriguing information while he was here. Perhaps people would announce there intent here on this day? What information would be revealed by the curious inquiries of those from the crowd below. The wind howled carrying the questions & excitement of the masses to those present. Akkuma's black robes whipping in the wind around his slender frame, white snow-like hair whipping about as he stood there.

[Topic Entered]

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He was gathered in the crowd, but he wasn't entirely sure why. Did he join the crowd because everyone else seemed to be doing it? Did he even walk himself here... or was it the other? Either way, he found himself surrounded by people and no longer able to conveniently retreat out of the area. So instead, he would wait to see what this was all about. Soon the noises around him would begin to fade as he would notice a few figures making their way to a podium. By listening in on the murmurs around him, it would soon be clear that one of the figures before him was the Kazekage.

"Huh, so that's him?"

It was his first time actually seeing the Kazekage. Most of his time was spent either hidden away by Sousuke or sneaking around for his own training. In both situations, he rarely had an instance where he might have crossed paths with the one known as Ryuzaki Raizo.

"Taller than I expected..."

Within a matter of moments, the boy would find himself going from mostly uninterested and lacking any entertainment in the whole show to becoming fully invested.

"Sennin... games..."

His heart would begin pounding suddenly. Each pop in his chest felt like thunder cracking through the sky. His eyes would narrow in on the Kazekage.

"Strong people ... huh..."

The Hunger that resided within him was burning at the chance to see, and hopefully challenge, those who would be appearing at this event. The young Hybrid wasn't sure if he would officially join the event or if he would merely find those who came to participate and challenge them to a friendly battle. Either way, his pulse was racing at the mere thought of what could happen at this looming event, and who might show up.

"Now this is exciting..."

5638918a-ab12-b92b-005e-550ec75a6baf-1647095725501.gif

MFT - 306 words

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Recognizing a familiar face, Sora sauntered up to Kaen and stood beside him as he listened on at the announcement. His eyes aglow with life from behind his familiar trademark hoodie, his hands were nonchalantly tucked into his pockets as he gave a low whistle. "Wow! Think that you got what it takes, Salamander-kun?" Laughing to himself, Sora hoped that Kaen would take the joke for what it truly was, a joke, though the elder man might have been a bit ticked about the lack of an appropriate honorific. "In all seriousness though, this is a pretty interesting development. I don't think that I've ever heard of this sort of thing for Sunagakure." Putting a hand up to his chin to scratch it, the young ever growing learning Water Court Ancient shook his head at a stray thought. "You know, this might be a pretty good opportunity for us to finally...nah, nevermind. I wouldn't want you to throw out your back or anything." Smirking with a youthful grin, Sora knew that he probably should put a bit more effort into giving Kaen his necessary respect but he always loved pulling at the mans emotional heartstrings a bit by giving him a hard time. If he was being honest, he would probably admit that he more than respected the man but this upcoming event, these, Sennin Games? They certainly afforded a distinct group of individuals to make history in a way that it hadn't been made before. Whether he ultimately ended up as one of the Sennin of fame or not was anyone's guess, but Sora thoroughly planned to enjoy being a part of things one way or the other.

OOC: Quick out of town post but I wanted to be present.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
EqietRo.png
She would let out a frustrated sigh. Her tiny frame, still holding the massive ornate box, would toss the item off to the side. Upon hitting the ground it would echo out a massive thud which would catch some off guard, as she would make her way to the podium herself. Another member of the Kage's staff would quickly deliver a step stool, allowing the much smaller in stature, by a large margin compared to Raizo, to stand at the podium without needing any further adjustments.

"As the Kazekage stated, I am here to answer any additional questions you all might have."

The scrum would commence.

"Yes, Tsūshin with the Sora-Soons Network. Since the Kazekage is opening this event to any individuals in this country, what will the village do if an outsider is selected? How will you keep this from being some prize won and then the individual leaves the village, now ripping the heart of it and the process?"

The Sora-Soons Network is privately financed by the Daimyo and Merchant Lords of Soons Haven. While some understand this, mostly those who live in Suna, the remaining of the country, especially those in both Sora and Soons Haven, view it as a more impartial news provider. That said, the SSN was utilized for the heaviest smear campaigns during the conflict between Daimyo Ishii and Suna, with Ishii having the director of the network directly tied to his personal entourage. Once Daimyo Ishii fell and Daimyo Mako rose, the new Daimyo insisted on making a public show of cleaning up the network, as it was easier with him gone to start piling on to his misdeeds while still not outright calling the former Daimyo evil. The SSN still serves as a very personal vehicle for the Merchant Lords but has been less heavy-handed in their criticisms of Suna, but they were still a puppet for Daimyo Mako when she chose them to be.

"Great, if not colorful, question Tsūshin-san. All those who participate will have to agree at the time of submitting their names to join the competition that should they win the title of Sennin they will officially join the village of Sunagakure no Sato. At the time, Lord Raizo, and I quote, will force them to hold a very fancy public coronation process... we will probably do that no matter who gets selected end quote. Any selected individuals who openly challenge this stipulation in advance of the competition will be removed from participation."

"
And those who wait until after winning?"

Yukina would smirk, and it would be the kind of smirk that would cause Tsūshin to feel a cold chill run down his spine, "they will be offered a chance to reconsider, and if they still choose to disgrace the spirit of the competition they will be given an appropriate consequence."

Tsūshin, with a bead of sweat rolling down his forehead, would nod to the pinkish-haired female before lowering his microphone, "I think that lady might be crazy..."

"Any other questions?"

The crowd, which had quieted for a moment, would once more swell with questions being hurled by those in the media and those in the audience closest to the podium.

Last edited:

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Yes, Yukina-san, here! My name is Hōchi and I am with the Desert Wanderer. Is the Kazekage not worried about announcing something like this so far in advance? Doesn't this place a target on the back of the village or at least give detractors a prime opportunity to strike?"

The Desert Wanderer was a relatively small independent publication founded in an effort to keep the different desert tribes and nomads connected to a single source of news. For decades the people of the desert were easy prey for various nefarious individuals and groups that roamed the country, and while they were still prime targets, this effort to keep them just as informed as those who lived in one of the major villages or cities provided them with a new means of being informed, prepared, and aware. Because it lacked a strong budget, resources, or the backing of the Merchant Lords, it found itself plagued with delayed news or the inability to stay abreast of all ongoing issues, but the company was overjoyed to be invited to this gathering.

"While I have not talked directly to the Kazekage on this sort of matter, I do believe I understand what he might say in response; if anyone is dumb enough to attack us at our strongest... they will deserve what they get. This event will not only have the cream of our village participating but could also see various strong individuals from all over the country... walking in to challenge that, well, probably isn't going to go the way one would think."

"
That may be, but that still isn't a great assurance for those wishing to attend."

"Not only will our village have an increased presence of our normal guard, but I assume the Kazekage, who will be spectating, will be eager and ready to jump should the need arise. Trust in Ryuzaki Raizo and you will be rewarded."

"
Damn right they will be!" could be heard coming from a slightly ajar side door into the dojo as a portion of Raizo's face peaked out followed by a thumbs up towards Yukina.

"Idiot... any other questions, Hōchi-san?"

"
Will logging be able to accommodate an influx of those who might travel for the weekly event?"

"Our doors are already open, as we immediately started preparing additional lodging arrangements at the onset of The Swarm plague upon this country. Takahashi Sousuke and his prideful Takahashi clan are hard at work still popping up new and innovative locations to continue assisting to house those who need it. We will gladly reformat and of these available spaces into temporary lodging for those who attend."

"
Thank you, Yukina-san!" Hōchi would say with a smile and bow.

"Any other questions?"

Making his way up to the front of the crowd would be a rather large figure. Bumping into the tiny Hōchi, the now terrified reporter would look up at the snarled face of the large man. Without asking, the large figure would rip the microphone from the smaller Hōchi's hands. It seemed someone, this time not affiliated with a news crew, had a question...

Last edited:

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

With adrenaline still pumping through his veins and getting openly worked up by this news, he would find the crowd around him would started to disperse in a widening radius around him. Not noticing at first, he would continue to mutter to himself about strong people and fighting until finally, his eyes would notice his changed surroundings. Some from within the crowd would simply try to ignore the weird child while others were openly gawking at him. Either way, the boy took this change around him as a positive.

"Sweet, everything opened up a bit so I can make my way to the front. SENNIN GAMES, LET'S GO!"

The energetic youth would shout as he too would start to attempt to make his way forward in the crowd. While some had given him some space from his previous shenanigans, it would still prove challenging to navigate the rest of the gathered mass of humans. Still, he would persist onward.

"Gotta ask the Kage... a.... question... please get outta my way... hey don't grab that... oops, sorry that was my hand... woah, woah woah... nevermind, that is someone else's... PLEASE MAKE WAY!"

He would continue onward in the crowd.

Tsukito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
E
"We've got the best selection of furry companions in all of Kaze no Kuni! Come visit us in the commercial district!" Tsukito yelled. Today he was given the task of promoting one of the local pet shops where he worked occasionally. Somehow the shop owner became aware of a gathering near the dojo and hastily sent Tsukito to investigate; a large stack of promotional pamphlets in hand. The teen was ever grateful of the lady having taken him in after hsi arrival from Sunes Haven and subsequent enrollment in the shinobi academy. This, however, did not make the situation any less annoying. He was mid meal during his lunch break when she hastily sent him away. Inciting people to visit their store wasn't exactly his strong suit either. He'd much rather be taking a nap behind the front desk like he usually does on slow days.

Not to mention he'd managed to make quite the mess on his way here. Running along the roof tops at high speeds while simultaneously eating and trying to keep a stack of small pamphlets from falling apart was not an easy feat. He'd also been chased by village authorities for a fair while because of littering apparently. Tsukito wasn't entirely sure how he managed to lose them...

"We've got dune bunnies like this fella!" He proclaimed once more; signaling towards the caricature of the shop's mascot Momo on the pamphlets. It was worth noting how poorly designed the caricature was. Of the many things Tsukito could proclaim himself to be... a talented artist was very clearly not one of them. "Isn't he adorable?!"

After handing out a fair amount of the pamphlets, Tsukito took the opportunity to give himself a small break. He listened in as the village head proclaimed his intentions being this impromptu public rally.

Intrigued by the man's announcement, the teen briefly pondered how much publicity he could get for the pet shop if he participated? Was it worth the trouble? Was he even strong enough for his participation to be feasible?

Once the village head said his speech and left, the young boy decided to cut short his break and continue his task.

"We've also got different kinds of lizar-" he began to proclaim before abruptly being bumped into by another young adult around his age. Tsukito paused for a moment wondering what they were up to, but ultimately didn't press the matter.

[MFT - 400 W]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Any other questions?"

The question almost immediately left hanging in the air, Sora found Kaen to be a bit of a stick in the mud at the moment and so he more thought out loud more so than asked the question, "So are they actually saying that if a Genin wants to take a go at a Jounin that it'll be allowed? Normally these things are super regulated against overly large gaps in power and ability, right?" Stroking his chin, his question resonated with at least a few people around them and through the sea of voices, somebody finally asked the question close enough for the Kazekage's staff to pick up on. A bit of a husky framed man, even from as far away as he was, Sora could tell that he was the grappling sort. The type of man that once they got his hands on you, there was no letting go.

"So are you going to just allow any Genin with a dream to join? What if they're a minor?!?"

While the person was a bit more...upfront with the serious question, Sora blanched at the jab at minors. Some of the most legendary warriors that he'd ever read about were at the peak of their power before they were considered legal adults! Nevertheless, the idea that Suna would allow some kid to get utterly obliterated by someone twice their age all for sport, was the sort of bad publicity that would turn even the most frisky brawlers heart around on the subject. However the Kazekage's staff answered, Sora could tell that it was in their best interest to tread carefully with what came next. There was just no justifying in this political day and age, the needless slaughtering of children in an arena while onlookers snacked on popcorn. Such ways had long since been condemned by all civilized shinobi nations.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"So are you going to just allow any Genin with a dream to join? What if they're a minor?!?"

It was a fair question. It also seemed to show a root issue with how people were making the announcement, something Yukina had pressured Raizo to strongly consider before making any announcement.

"Yes, any Genin, Chuunin, Jounin, nomad, or citizen of this country are eligible to participate. While combat ability and instinct will be a consideration for the appointment of any Sennin, it is not the only fundamental requirement Raizo-sama will be searching for during the Sennin Games. Personal characteristics, your mind, and your spirit will also be challenged and assessed. You being the hardest hitter will aid you, of course, but won't guarantee you a thing, especially if you are lacking in other areas. You having the lightest punch but excelling in other metrics, could be your path ahead." She would pause for a moment before concluding with, "All of that said, no one is required to participate. If you believe you are not worthy of the title, not up for the challenge, or have an inability to ascend your limits--then please enjoy the festivities from the stands."

She had no reason to sugarcoat this situation, nor did she have any reason to undersell it. This was as close to her honest opinion as she could reach this moment. Some were not ready, so they would not join. Some were not ready and would join. But the biggest mistake any potential participant could make was assuming this was merely a measurement of brawn.

The large man who had bullied the microphone from Tsūshin would then feed into this same sentiment.

"I don't care if you feed the young lambs to the slaughter, my concern is that you disregard rank. I have been a Jounin for 20 years and have served on countless missions for this village. How is it that I am being overlooked in favor of some childish competition?!"

Some older members of the shinobi forces in the crowd seemed to nod or grunt in agreeance to the grievance.

"Care to tell me your name?"

The muscular man would scoff at the female before puffing out his chest. "I am Imagawa!"

Yukina would nod upon hearing the name before pausing for a moment to start counting to herself.

"Imagawa-san, you do happen to have quite the list of mission completions. I believe the last time I reviewed your file it was 56 total completed missions, with 16 of them being of A Rank."

Imagawa would remain puffed at the mention of his accomplishments.

"This would mean that at the time of Kazekage Sousuke when he had appointed then Sennin Okayama Roku, you would have completed at least 20 more missions than him. Yet, you were not selected ahead of Roku? Did you bring up your displeasure then? Did you even understand why that selection was made instead of you? What did you lack that someone like Roku had?"

His puffing would deflate.

"The Sennin Games may not be a fair process, because I don't think Raizo-sama has thought that deep into it. What the Sennin Games are, in the most simplistic form, is this; an open and honest chance. The previous tradition was to select and appoint Sennin, the process may not even be something the majority were aware of until the announcement of the new selection. Now, the Kazekage, this Kazekage, is giving someone like you, someone who believes they deserve the title a chance to actually earn it. A chance to prove it. A chance for you to be fully aware of the selection process and be fully informed of why the Kazekage did or didn't select you, and why they did or didn't select someone else over you. The old tradition wasn't bad, but this new tradition is something inspired by the pride Razio-sama holds in seeing each of you perform your daily duties. He wants those of you who think you deserve it to show not just him, but the whole country why you deserve it."

Imagawa would slowly start to backtrack into the crowd, his bravado having been popped.

"What more could a person ask for? Some of you in the past might have been eliminated from consideration not because you lacked the power, but because of your age, your rank, your mission count, and your relationship with the Kage... now you get a chance to do what everyone dreams of--taking their ambition and making it a reality. It is your choice whether you walk onto the stage, do not let your own mind defeat you before that day."

She would glance around the crowd once more.

"Any further questions?"

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Still pushing forward, he would hear the words coming from the man who would later identify himself as Imagawa.

'I don't care if you feed the young lambs to the slaughter...'

In almost a trance-like state his eyes would fixate on the back of the muscular figure before him. That sentiment, one that he boiled down to the man saying that he didn't care if the young shinobi were slaughtered by the older shinobi, was one that hit a chord within him. During his time back at The Community, a similar sentiment wouldn't be too far from their creed. While he too valued strength, he valued the strong consuming the strong but preying on the weak.

"What a bastard..."

It would never cross Roku's mind that Imagawa was talking facetiously or seriously, it didn't matter to him. His opinion was formulated on the Jounin. It wasn't a good first impression. Part of him, not even his Hunger, but a part buried deep within him seemed to want to push him towards Imagawa. Even in his trance, he still knew it would not be of any benefit to lash out at the Jounin now. Still, he felt compelled to tear down the pompous elder from his pedestal.

"We've also got different kinds of lizar-"

The bump into the other young individual would jostle him out of his trance and then his words, even not realizing his comment was cut off, would draw his mind away from settling some blood feud with Imagawa. Instead he would now be drawn into this new person and their new offering.

"Different kinds of Lizar? I don't even know the regular kinds of Lizar! What is it? Is it big? What does it taste like? Could I realistically eat two?"

Tsukito didn't have any idea who he had just bumped into, and inversely Roku didn't care who he bumped into but now was very interested in what the young man was selling.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"What more could a person ask for? Some of you in the past might have been eliminated from consideration not because you lacked the power, but because of your age, your rank, your mission count, and your relationship with the Kage... now you get a chance to do what everyone dreams of--taking their ambition and making it a reality. It is your choice whether you walk onto the stage, do not let your own mind defeat you before that day."

In no uncertain terms, Sora's heart began to beat to a new tune. Sure, he liked girls but this...this was a woman! With the way that she commanded the crowd and didn't back down from a challenge, Sora was sure that if he planted himself in just the right position, that he could maybe be the sort of man that she'd look twice at. The big muscly jerk that had dared to put her in her place was reduced to nothingness with just words alone. It was a longshot but with Kaen apparently knowing everybody, Sora asked him the only question that came to the surface at the moment. "Do you think that she's single...?" Unfortunately for Sora, he was so lovestruck in the moment that he'd actually blurted out his question to Suigetsu instead of internalizing the question. What he'd actually meant to ask was something far more macho than falling head over hills for the Kazekage's staff. "Err, I mean, I wonder what sort of test that there'll be if cranking enough chakra into a rasengan won't do the trick? Usually that works for just about every other ranking test, right?" A bit embarrassed, Sora shook his head and blushed, looking at the ground to hide his shame. This was supposed to be a serious moment and here he was developing a crush all because a woman had stood up to a bully. If Sora had to go through Imagawa himself, he was going to if it meant just another moment with her. Yukina was it? Just her name sent the butterflies in Sora's stomach fluttering and if he didn't come up for air soon, he was going to drown.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ants crawled and swarmed around Kanmuri. The sheer number and sight of them turned his bones into anchors. Having his feet nailed to the ground, all the masked man could do was allow himself to be overtaken. And so the ants did. Like a plastic bottle in the ocean, he harbored no control or will of his own. With every pull of the tide, every shift of the current, and every crash of the wave, Kanmuri found himself in a completely new place—a completely
wp5814811.jpg
different position. Soon enough, his voyage with the sea of ants would calm. Though, seemingly, it was not by the ants’ design. The mass of ants soon outgrew the terrarium they inhabited, and were now packed like tuna. It seemed the ants were, extremely, dissatisfied with their set of current circumstances. As such, they fueled this dissatisfaction to spur their metamorphosis. And, helpless, the jacketed, white-masked man could do nothing but watch with horror. His butt-cheeks would clamp together with the force of a crocodile’s mouth as he witnessed the complete transformation.

Buzzing. Buzzing. Buzzing all around. By the looks of it, the ants would solve their problem of space on the ground by preparing to fly to the skies. That was the only reason, for all the buzzing. That had to be the reason they turned into bees. At least, that’s the conclusion Kanmuri came to.

Either that or to kill him.

With every passing second, the bees buzzed harder and louder—forcing vibrations to resonate within every cell of Kanmuri’s body. At first it was just a few cells increasing their pace. But now, every…single…cell within the masked man’s body was sprinting for its life. Like an invasive wasp in a bee’s nest, the bees swarmed and buzzed all around Kanmuri…raising his internal temperature higher and higher. Faster and faster. And if the puddle of sweat beneath his feet wasn’t evidence enough…the tactic was working. Behind his mask, beneath his jacket, and underneath his pants, Kanmuri’s life force was dripping away with his sweat. And like ice cream on a hot summer day, the man was melting. And with it, his consciousness, and the swarm, eventually faded into nothing.

"Hello..."

With these words, the buzzing stopped immediately. It would appear…that the King had arrived. And as he spoke, the people settled. With the swarm now settling so would Kanmuri’s body temperature as his consciousness, and vision, would begin to slowly return. It was interesting how people, insects, and other animals were so similar. No matter how much chaos consumed an environment, all it took was one leader, or equally powerful presence, to immediately dispel it. So, Kanmuri would try to get his, now functional, vision to focus on this “powerful presence” and identify just “who” was able to command the stillness of this swarm of people.

His eyes would land on Raizo, the 11th Kazekage of Sunagakure no Sato.

Although Kanmuri had met him once, the meeting was insignificant. At least that’s what Kanmuri concluded. To this day, he had no recollection of who he was. No recollection of what he’d done. And no recollection of his significance in this world…if there was any at all. Despite this, the white haired man would lend Raizo his ear as he spoke. Many words were said by Raizo,” most of which held little value to Kanmuri. However, a certain set of words piqued his interest.

“Look past this notion of outsiders and foreigners. I am an outsider to the village of Suna but my roots are still buried deep within this country…We should not be looking to limit those who wish to become a pillar of this country, a pillar of this nation… Come here. Test yourself. Prove yourself.”

Kanmuri’s monster-ish left hand would begin to pulse with excitement causing him to grab his gloved hand. This…King…was asking for help–seeking for a necessity. An indisputable one at that. In the next 4 months, Raizo would be holding the “Sennin Games” in order to select his knights and pillars of the village. In the next 4 months, the best of the best will compete for honor and validation. In the next 4 months…Kanmuri would have to discover, and unlock, the true nature and potential of this…changed…body of his.

“Four months…in four months…” Kanmuri would whisper to himself under his mask as he watched Raizo take his leave. Many others would ask questions and gather information, but Kanmuri had all the information he needed. Get strong in four months.

It was time to train.

[OOC - Topic Entered - Observing]

Tsukito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
E
"Eh?" questioned Tsukito; caught off guard by the overeager teen's inquiries. It seems there'd been a misunderstanding. "I meant lizards." He said, shaking his head. "These aren't meant for eating, though. They're domesticated pets." Tsukito brandished one of his many pamphlets in front of the other teen. "See? They probably don't taste very good anyway."

By this point some of the non-combatant crowd had begun to disperse. It seemed only the shinobi were really interested in the further explanation provided by the Kazekage's assistant. Thus, the teen decided to temporarily hold off on his brief interaction with the pink haired boy. Civilians and non-shinobi were a large portion of their clientele, so he had to at least try and generate as many sales with them as possible. "Any way, I've still got a ton of these to hand out," He said signaling towards the prominent stack of pamphlets in his hand. "I'm going to continue doing my rounds for now, but I'll see you around. The name's Tsukito."

On that note, the young swordsman walked away further into the remaining crowd. Intent on handing out as many promotional pamphlets as possible before everyone went about their day. He briefly considered throwing the rest of the stack out and pretending he'd given them all away. Unfortunately, his boss somehow found out the last time he attempted a similar stunt. There was no severe punishment, but she sure did give him quite the tongue lashing. Seeing as it often times interfered with his nap time, it was something Tsukito looked t avoid this time around.

Nonetheless, he did have a feeling he'd come across the other teen again sooner rather than later. He did not remember ever meeting the pink haired boy beforehand, but Tsukito wouldn't have been surprised if he did also have shinobi training. Could he have been in another class during the academy? They seemed about the same age after all. Perhaps he'd been an apprentice and was never enrolled in the academy at all?

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Wow! Think that you got what it takes, Salamander-kun?" Salamander?! Who the hell was trying to start some shi-- Oh, it was the kid from down below, the Water Court Ancient he had just recently met. Kaen, now no longer thinking some rando was trying to poke the bear, chuckled lightly with a subtle eye-roll. "Very clever, Little Nemo." While nowhere near as clever as Sora's joke, it was the best he could muster at a time like this. His competitive nature had already send him cascading down dream land's abyss at the thought of becoming Sennin. Now more alert, with his new acquaintance present, Kaen made an assertive retort. "And yes, I do. There's no doubt in my mind that I will stand victorious in the end." The bravado he expressed would more than likely come to bite him in the ass. While he himself felt himself at the pinnacle of Suna's food chain in terms of combative prowess, he was also too sure of himself at times. His hubris could be his downfall in this event, more so considering it wasn't just another punch-fest. No, this time there would be more than just might to be tested. While Kaen might not want to admit it, there was more to power and responsibility than ones own might.

"In all seriousness though, this is a pretty interesting development. I don't think that I've ever heard of this sort of thing for Sunagakure." Kaen would nod in agreement. This was most interesting indeed considering how these sort of things were usually handled. This was the first time a sennin would be chosen in such a manner. "I've not seen anything like this in my time here either. Although we did hold a world tournament quite a few years ago. In fact, the winner lives here at the Toraono Dojo, Byakko Kyuji." Good times, old times, but good. Seizing the opportunity arising from Kaen's reminiscing of the past, Sora continued to poke fun at the burly Hybrid. "You know, this might be a pretty good opportunity for us to finally...nah, nevermind. I wouldn't want you to throw out your back or anything." Now THAT was a good joke. Bursting with laughter the Hybrid drew unintended attention towards the pair, most of the onlookers giving them dirty looks for being disruptive while the Kazekage and his assistant made the announcements n' such.

Wiping a tear from his eye he patted Sora on the back a few times. "I don't care what they say about you, you're not too bad. You got some jokes thought, that's for sure. If you really think you got what it takes to topple this giant, by all means Nemo, sign up. It would be a great joy to have you as my opponent. I promise to not beat you up too bad, but only cuz we're friends alright?" If this was the types of promises he made to friends, what was there left for those thought to be foe?

"So are they actually saying that if a Genin wants to take a go at a Jounin that it'll be allowed? Normally these things are super regulated against overly large gaps in power and ability, right?" Again the tall redhead nodded along. "Ranks are just words, especially in the main branch. I've known plenty of young individuals that were leaps and bounds ahead of the average Jounin." Thankfully Yukina summed it up perfectly after someone else asked the question.

"Do you think that she's single...?" The question threw Kaen off-guard for a moment. But upon realizing what he was going on about, referring to Yukina, the large Hybrid started to grin widely as Sora attempted to save face. "Err, I mean, I wonder what sort of test that there'll be if cranking enough chakra into a rasengan won't do the trick? Usually that works for just about every other ranking test, right?" It was probably for the best that Sora met Kaen in his present age and state rather than when he himself was a wild teen. Otherwise he might have gone up and asked Yukina for him in front of everyone here. But he was wise enough to know better not to do so during an official announcement. That and it would be much more fun to watch him flounder helplessly as Yukina ate the boy alive. Kaen didn't know her on a personal level, but every interaction he had had or seen told him that she was most likely encased in a very hard shell and would take more than a flirtatious young boy to crack her shell. She put Lord Raizo in his place, what do you think would happen if you were just a little nemo? Seeing as how he liked to watch the world burn at times, he would give the young boy his full approval. "Ya know, whatever tests they have us do, I bet Yukina will be there..." He taunted, "And yeah, I think she's single. You should go ask her out, a young buck like you should have no issue reeling in a catch like that, yeah?" It was then that he felt a strange, yet slightly familiar presence. His keen eyes scouted the crowd searching for the source. His eyes fell upon someone hidden behind a mask. He couldn't place his finger on it, but somehow he felt like he should know them, and yet everything about the person seemed almost alien to him. He would continue to stare at the masked individual until Sora pulled his attention away or the masked person noticed him.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Act 2, Chapter 1: A new Opportunity Arises

WC: 530 [MFT]
rRMg8IO.png
PoWAA1C.png
VOuOFY1.png

“Oooooooooo,” mouthed Chikara as she approached the large gathering of people. She beamed a smile and began to slide through the crowd, half naked as always and wearing Morisei’s staff, transformed into a dagger, in a sheath on her thigh. She had never seen this many people congregated all at once and to her it was a spectacle that she wished to be a part of, for reasons beyond her understanding. Through whispers in the crowd she found there would be an announcement of some kind. She heard the Kazekage would be there and she was eager to see him in person. She had heard of Raizo through word of mouth, but never experienced him. When he finally revealed himself, approaching the podium with his entourage, Chi had one thought:

”Well he doesn’t look so tough.”

Then she pouted, her disappointment both visible and audible to those around her. However, she stuck around to hear what the man had to say, and she was glad that she did. This was an opportune moment for her. She needed to climb through the ranks in order to get access to better information so she could finally find Ichiro and put a stop to him for good. If she won the ‘sennin games’ she could by-pass that climb entirely and jump to the highest position she could hope to achieve. She thought that as an outsider who just recently joined the village she may not be the most welcomed sennin, but it sounded like that didn’t matter much to the Kazekage.

“Do you really think you have what it takes, Chi?” Morisei mocked her. He chuckled to himself and then continued without letting her respond, “Some of Suna’s finest will be there. Sure you have me but what else do you have? A big bear?” He laughed louder now, and as expected Koken did not stoop to his level for a reply. Chi followed suite and kept any comment she may have had to herself. Her lessons with Koken taught her to ignore Morisei when he was being a dick.

After his speech was complete Raizo left, and Chi was about to do the same. Her curiosity for the gather of people had faded and now she was overcome with the need to train as much as she possibly could in order to win. She felt she needed to win… Then she smelled something familiar. A scent she knew all too well. She put her nose in the air and sniffed and found the direction it was coming from. She stalked her prey, weaving through the crowd like a snake. A snake on a mission. Then she set her eyes on him, it was none other than—

“Koka-Kola!” She shouted in Kaen’s direction. Even after all this time she still couldn’t get his name right. “It’s me, Chi, yes?” She smiled immensely as she approached, completely disregarding the fact that he was having a conversation with another member of the crowd. Despite living with the man she was always happy to see his face, and even she didn’t know why.

“I will join the games and find the victory! You as well, yes?”
OOC:

Chi Speaking Common
Chi Speaking Hosekimori
Chi thinking

Morisei Speaking Common
Morisei Speaking Hosekimori
Morisei thinking or speaking to Chi through the weapon

Koken Speaking
Koken thinking or Speaking to Chi from her realm

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Aren't... meant... to... eat" he would repeat after Tsukito, stressing each word to make sure it made the right impression.

Roku wasn't dumb, though he was very socially unaware. He knew that some creatures weren't meant to eat, but out in the desert, and in a pinch, sometimes a lizard would suffice. So for him, it was making sure he understood that this boy's specific lizards weren't meant for eating. He would hate to impose his hunger upon anyone who was simply trying to cultivate and give away pets. Still, it would be good to have a backup source for a snack should he ever need it.

"Oh, fancy!" he would beam as he would take the pamphlet from the young man, "Love the artwork too!"

He was serious. Sure, he knew the quality wasn't the best in comparison to other things, but he also understood that someone took the time to hand draw them. Understanding his own inability to draw, the fact that someone took the time and care to do such a thing, even if the quality wasn't a masterpiece, was an effort worthy of praise. There was a burning need to consume within him, a calling to conquest all things and stand at the top, but this wasn't the human side of him. This was the other side.

Pathetic. You are praising this garbage? We could do better... we will do better! Quick, draw a lizard!

"No."

He would pause for a moment, blinking, before realizing that he answered his Hunger out loud. With a nervous chuckle when would follow up with, "No need to let me stop you from your quest! Good luck..."

And then it would happen. It was casual, and surely from the perspective of the other boy inconsequential. Surely the boy was merely doing a routine pattern of courtesy, politely introducing himself, but Roku would not register it that way. No, for him this would be more akin to something far more dramatic.

What was said would have been: "I'll see you around. The name's Tsukito."

But what was heard would have been: "I am Tsukito, let's be friends and hang out!"

With a twinkle once more in his eyes he would exclaim, "I am Okami Roku!"

He would, still smiling like a goof, watch as Tsukito walk off before his mind and mouth would once more click on the same beat, "AND I WILL SEE YOU AROUND FRIEND!"

A best friend, a fighting competition... just how much luckier could he get.

Do you smell that...

His eyes would grow sharp as the hair upon the back of his neck would fiercely stand at attention. Scanning around the crowd he would begin looking, searching.

"Strong ones..."

Familiar ones...heh, heh, heh...

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back