Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Another Forge, Another Weapon [Private/Hon]

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"So, any ideas?" Yuri asked as he walked alongside the young Chuunin. With the recent happenings such as that strange monster attack that occurred earlier, Yuu knew he needed more than learning new Jutsus and battling styles. Rather, he needed to expand his weaponry beyond swords and thrown weapons and with Yuri's suggestion, he knew he needed a new weapon. Unfortunately, the blacksmith that he usually visited was out sick and he has limited time to find another one to plan out his next weapon.

"No clue. He usually the one who worked most of my weapons, especially with the hard ones. Now, what do I do?"

Yuu sighed as he and Yuri walked through the streets while the latter looked around the shops and stands scattered around. "How about you try to decide what weapon will it be? You already have a broadsword and a spear. Not to mention you have a strange bow that transforms into twin daggers."

"Yeah. I was happy that he managed to finish it without any hiccups. Despite that he said the unusual mechanisms might be difficult for him to work on, I'm just glad it worked out than I could imagine." He wasn't exaggerating. He waited for a few weeks for it to finish and it was only possible with a little help for the blacksmith's friend. "Besides, I doubt your lab can come up with a weapon like my paths."

Yuri rolled his eyes before he crossed his arms together. "In any case, I suggest you better come up with something right now. Unless you like to wait more weeks to get a new weapon. You know how busy you are with missions and classes these days."

"I know, I know. But where can I find a blacksmith at this short notice?" Yuu said as he looked around to search.

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
”How the bricks did you make this spear…?!” a merchant asked out in a shocked and disbelieving tone to an average-tall Hyuuga with a classic, red strand for a bang in front of his face that clearly gave out his identity to those who personally knew him. He was smiling proudly at the merchant’s awe over his forged creation; a collapsible spear with spiked edges and lots of carvings and stuff. His mind kind of went with the flow when Hon carved markings on it, but he kept it at a Lightning-like inspiration. He used inspiration from tribes around the Land of Lightning…

“I can show you my blueprints later, but what do you think?” Hon replied. The merchant was baffled as he even went to test it out - susceptible of the young man’s product, he wanted to make sure that he wasn’t being scammed, but DAMN! By a clench around the middle of the handle, the spear poked out and stretched its spiky edges a little bit, stretching in length and turning into an actual spear… and another clench on a certain button caused it to close itself again. Nice.

So obviously, Hon managed to sell it to a pretty good price to the merchant slash shinobi wielding a Cloud Headband. That left the Hyuuga all proud and happy in his head…

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Despite he was focused on looking around the streets to find somewhere to get a new weapon, Yuu sighed in defeat as he couldn't find a single one. Squatting down on the ground, he said, "It's official. I can't even find a single blacksmith around here! I even checked other districts and there is nothing as well!"

"What do you expect? Most of the blacksmiths we find are already booked and I doubt there are available ones that may take a difficult order that you may plan. Which I doubt you already come up one." Yuu frowned at the former parasite at his latest sarcastic remark. Despite this, Yuri also frowned as he looked around at the street once more. "Guess we have no choice but to wait for him to recover so he can work again."

Hearing Yuri's words, Yuu was about to follow them. That was until he heard a merchant's voice of shock nearby. Looking to his left, he saw him staring at a strange spear. When he looked a little closer, he was surprised to see the blade to stretched out and closed itself just by clenching the handle. Just seeing this made him feel impressed at the sight of this strange weapon. When the man left the shop, he could take a closer look at the weapon, seeing the carved markings and the hint of mechanisms put into the spear. Now he was curious!

"Yuu? Yuu..." Yuri called out to his former host as he was about to leave the shopping district. "Are you coming or not?"

However, the Chuunin didn't hear him as he ran up to the shop and approached the man with a shinobi headband of Kumogakure. "Excuse me! Did you sell that spear? Scratch that, is that spear hand-made from this very shop?" From what he looked, he seemed to be a bit older than him. But he could tell how customized the spear was especially with the markings he saw from it.

As for Yuri, he was confused about where Yuu was going as he followed him and found him chatting a young man. Much to his surprise, he didn't see the Chuunin lit up like this ever since his Genin days. Not to mention he saw another shinobi interacting with him for a while now.

[MFT/WC: 386]

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The merchant had disappeared by now, and Hon was planning to go back home when he was grabbed by the words of one of the shinobis who enrolled in the Chuunin Exams a good time ago. It was Yuu! Kashino Yuu! “Oh hey there, Yuu!” Hon greeted him merrily, “Haven’t seen you in a while! How are you?” It was then revealed to him that Yuu was curious about the spear that the Hyuuga had just sold to the merchant earlier. He was accompanied by a person who looked… almost just like him. Hon could see that they were two different entities, so it couldn’t be a case of Elemental Clone shenanigan.

“Oh, the spear?” Hon let out, “Yes, it is. I made it myself.” He took a little pride in the fact that he was an experienced smith and forger, but why did Yuu ask him about it… unless…

“… Wait, you wanted to buy the spear?” Hon asked out in curiosity as he turned his head back to try and spot the merchant who was gone with the wind now, “… Hmh… Well, that businessman from earlier was clearly satisfied with his item, so I don’t think I can get it back.” At this point, he was merely assuming Yuu’s intention.

“Ah, nice to meet you too,” he then greeted the one accompanying his examining colleague, “I’m Hyuuga Honnou. Just Hon. That’s all.” Perhaps it was time to just stay silent and hear out Yuu’s wishes, but Hon had a strong feeling that another request was to be made… and with that, another tool.

WC: 266

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
At first, he was confused at the young man recognized him. It was until he remembered his Chuunin Exams where he met the same boy with the same highlighted red streak on his black hair. His eyes widened at this realization. "Wait... Hon? You're Honnou, right? Man, I never thought it was you!" How in the world did he not recognize him very quickly?! He would facepalm at this small embarrassing moment, but he was at least happy to see another Chuunin Exam participant well and happy after the exams. "Yeah, I'm fine! But I'm pretty busy myself ever since the exams."

For Yuri, he was completely confused about how his host knew this shopkeeper. Curious, he stepped in and asked Yuu, "Friend of yours?"

"More like a fellow examinee," Yuu said before he turned back his attention to Hon. "I'm guessing you guys didn't meet before. Hon, this is my... friend and path, Yuri."

Much to Yuu's surprise, Yuri blushed red as he bowed at the young Hyuuga and said, "Nice to meet you."

Back with the spear, Yuu was surprised that not only it was made in this shop, but Hon made it himself with his own hands. He was not only surprised but also impressed at how a 14-15 years old boy made a spear filled with complicated mechanisms by himself. "Whoa, that's awesome!" Yuu was about to turn 14 and yet, even he was unable to make a weapon like that custom-made spear. Still, he was interested in how Hon made it and not the spear itself. "Oh, don't worry about it. I got my own spear, so he can have it. Though I am looking for someone to make a new weapon. You see, the blacksmith we usually visit is sick and Yuri and I are trying to find another until he recovers."

Well, this was very direct of Yuu to explain their current situation to his acquaintance. However, Yuri was still skeptical if he could able to fulfill their request. Once more, he stepped in and explained the rest. "We would wait, but considering the recent events that happened in the village, Yuu couldn't wait to get a new weapon in our arsenal. Not to mention he has no clue on what kind of weapon we should get."

He then glared at his former host, which he averted his eyes from Yuri's, annoyed that he had to tell him about his indecisive decision on the weapon.

[WC: 412]

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
”Yup! It’s me,” Hon assured the surprised Yuu, “All grown and not so toddler-like as I was before…!” He casually scratched his own forehead with a thumb in a slight sense of pride before hearing Yuu out. Given that he hadn’t seen him after the exams must’ve evidenced just how busy that he could’ve gotten as a Chuunin… hmh… Hon could say that he was a busy man himself, but now that they finally met again and all, he wouldn’t want to spend time talking about such a topic.

It was strange. That other Yuu wasn’t a clone, was he? Of course, the Hyuuga would bow back to the friendly pal named Yuri and show his greetings as well: “It’s my honors, Yuri.” He still had some formality in his upraising that wouldn’t release itself from his persona just so easily yet.

Ah, yes! Maybe Hon really was an awesome smith, because even Yuu complimented his handicraft. He explained to the black-haired unicorn that their local blacksmith had gone sick, and so they looked for an alternative… and they wanted a new weapon to prepare themselves for future events akin to the wild one a while ago. If another draconian monster approached the gate, then they had to be ready for an even better counterattack.

Hon had to think this through. He held his chin in deep thought and eyed Yuu like a scanner with his Hakumei Byakugan constantly active. Then it hit him… when Hon attacked the monster, it was his mobility that gave him a good edge - and it saved his life countless times. Yuu probably needed something more of a utility tool than a weapon… and just like that, an idea popped up in Hon’s mind that he thought through before deciding.

Since he was very good with wires and grapples, perhaps he should share that skill with Yuu.

Hon was staying at a rather gloomy part of the district where his own forge was located. There, he remembered a project that he had yet to finish. It would suit perfectly for Yuu’s request. “… Don’t worry, you two. I got something back at the forge that I’m close to finish,” he informed the two Yuu’s, “It’s probably not what you expect, but I’m telling you; it can change your entire view on battle mobility. Follow me.” He would turn around and suddenly leap high up in the air before launching a hooked wire from one of his Carpal Blade Holders. Despite being so discreetly designed, the wire was long and sturdy enough to attach to a wall and let Hon pull himself across the street in high speed and with inhuman precision thanks to his Byakugan. He looked like a Spiderman as he awaited Yuu to follow up on him jumping from building to building, often hanging on the side of a wall if Yuu was behind.

He would ultimately lead them to his forge at the edge of a small plaza where a naked, small dome reflected the daylight.

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seemed like fate was giving Yuu a chance for a new weapon as he mentally celebrated in his head. Not only he found out that Hon was a skilled blacksmith, but he has something for him that he was about to finish. However, he was curious about what it was. Hon told him it may help him with his battle mobility.

Sure, his preferred fighting style was agile and quick, but he didn't think about his mobility until now. He would try to ask more, but Hon already left. But to his surprise, instead of walking or running down the streets, the blacksmith/shinobi used some kind of gadget from his sheath to shoot out a wire and pulled himself and began swinging from building to another.

"Whoa, didn't expect a Hyuuga to use a wire like that," Yuu muttered as he watched him swung to his destination.

"Y-Yeah... It's really impressive..." Yuri said, which caused the Chuunin's eyes to widen. Usually, he would retain his stoic and cynical view in anything he would encounter. But this was the first time he saw him was entranced by someone. But before he could ask to his path, Yuri already left his side and started to jump from the top of many buildings to follow the Chuunin.

"Of course, you're impressed at him. You were a spider parasite," Yuu muttered once more before he followed him.
----​

Tracking down Hon was very easy for them since he could see him hanging on the side of the wall right in front of him. He wanted to ask where he was leading them. But it was until he saw the forge at the edge of the plaza, which he didn't visit much due to being the gloomy part of the district. When they entered it, Yuu and Yuri were amazed at forge's interior especially the dome above them.

"Wow... So this is where you make your weapons, right? Looks awesome," Yuu said as he looked around while trying not to touch anything that would incite Hon's anger by accident.

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
”Yup,” the Hyuuga answered optimistically, “Welcome to… well, I haven’t found a proper name for it yet, but let’s just call it the Forge. And to be honest… the forge itself was the hardest tool that I’ve ever forged, funnily.” It was strange to see a Hyuuga so interested in forging and welding weapons and armors, and Hon found pride in his interest in something rather unlikely for a guy with his blood to practice. A true pattern breaker.

On the table in front of him, the metallic, naked shield was presented. It lacked the last details and touches, but the wire mechanism was in place. Hon decided to waste little time and began presenting: “And here it is. You said weapon, and I bring you armor… a little disrespectful, I know, but this is no ordinary shield of yesterday.” Hon’s hand was placed firmly on the shield’s surface, allowing him to pick it up and grab it with his other hand, “Its sharp edge gives it an offensive spectrum. Obviously, it’s made to protect, mainly… I tried many alloys, wanting to find something stronger than stainless shield, but I’m still stuck with resources and ways to mix and all… lots of planning for later, but stainless steel it is.”

He handed the shield over to Yuu immediately after. “It’s not exactly done yet, but the straps are on and everything. Try it out.”

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Hardest tool?" Yuu repeated in a confused tone. He was hoping a weapon as he originally planned, but a tool? He was starting to doubt about Hon's intentions, but it quickly dissipated once he saw the said tool in the form of a metallic, naked shield on the table just as the young shinobi/blacksmith told him about its features. Obviously, the first thing Yuu could do was to accept the shield and secured the straps attached to it's back onto his left arm just to get a feel for it.

Much to his surprise, it was somehow light for him to carry, not to mention because of his cloned body, he managed to wear it without any discomfort. Remembering the sharp edge Hon mentioned, he thrust his left arm several times as if he punching an invisible punching bag. However, he also made sure not to let his arm hit either Hon or Yuri as he tried the shield out.

"It's actually kind of awesome. Not only it's light, just wearing it rather than carrying it around allows me to use my Ninjutsu along with my sword," Yuu commented. "To be honest, I didn't have any plans to get a shield. But just wielding this just makes me want to have one."

"Well, you usually focused on offensive fighting style a lot. So having a defensive weapon should be a good addition to your arsenal," Yuri said as he approached his host, who was happy with his positive remark on the unique item that Hon made. However, he shifted his focus from Yuu to Hon. "But I have to ask. Is that mechanism the same one that you used to get here earlier?"

[MFT/WC: 284]

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hon was about to jump up in joy when Yuu and Yuri complimented the amazing shield and how useful that it would be for offense-focused shinobi such as themselves. It was a good idea to spread out one’s arsenal of capabilities, for focusing on one aspect alone could cost you dearly. But then again, this was different from Jutsus; jutsus usually followed stricter patterns, and one would likely get to know one type of Jutsu very well. Mastering all Jutsu was a rarity that not even Hon had experienced yet.

But for weapons and tools, it was different. They were easier to obtain, and they were also easier to master.

“Hihihi. It took me longer than I thought to forge it- look how sturdy it is, despite its light weight,” he explained as he gently knocked on the steel with the knuckles on his fingers, “Ah, you mean the wire? Yes, I originally planned to do the same with this shield; sort of give it a mobile augment, but that’s not the only thing that it can do now… wait, hold up.” He sincerely asked them to wait as he went towards a barrel and picked up a sparring dummy that was stuffed down into it, showcasing it to the two Yu’s.

“The handle has a button-like adjustment to it. When you press on it, it shoots out the frontal, spiky edge of the shield like throwing a spear. There’s a wire connected to it, so you can quickly pull the spike back to the shield, and perhaps also pull whatever it stabbed through closer to you.” He patted the sparring dummy as small amounts of dust escaped its surface. “Just try it out on this dummy. It’s not as heavy as a person or even a table, but… I-I’m not ready to get a hole in my stomach.”

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Yuu and Yuri were surprised at Hon's answer. Comparing to his own kunai and wires, he could see how useful for them when it comes to mobility and travel around the city and forest. However, he stopped at that thought when Hon brought out a dummy right in front of them and explained more of the shield's features, much to his and Yuu's surprise.

"Wait, seriously?!" Yuu quickly tried to aim the shield towards the dummy, but Yuu quickly grabbed his wrist before he could press the button on the handle.

"Hold it, Mr. Hasty. Why don't you aim carefully and make sure no one is around who might be accidentally get caught from your attack?" Yuri then released his grip from Yuu's wrist and backed away from him. "Besides, I don't want your original body to get a hole on its stomach as well."

Yuu sheepishly grinned. "Good point. Well, let's see if this works." He then aimed the shield towards the dummy while making sure his arm wasn't shaking. Once he straightened it, he pressed the button on the handle. As Hon said, it fired the sharp edge from the shield towards the dummy's stomach and upon seeing the wire attached to it, he pulled it towards his direction and quickly grabbed it once it flew when the wire returned to him. "W-Wow! That is awesome!"

"I'll say. Not only it can be used for defensive purposes, but also for mobility options," Yuri said as he took a closer look on the shield as his former host turns to Hon.

"Hon, this shield is completely amazing! Is it possible if I can buy it once you're done with its final touches?"

"Yuu!" Yuri frowned as he tapped his foot.

"Sorry! But I just can't help it! I mean, I really need something to improve my fighting style and it actually checks all of that in my wishlist!"

"But don't forget, this is still a work-in-progress shield. So don't get hasty just for your own sake." Yuri then turned towards Hon and bowed in front of him. "I'm sorry about his lack of manners, Hon."

[MFT/WC: 356]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back