Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Art 101 - aka Explosions (Tutor-Requesting Kiri)

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was a bright day outside, a great day for a tutor! Akumi never tutored before, so this would be a learning experience for everyone.

The 14-year-old girl stood short, 4'6'', still growing, she weighed about 80 pounds to 90 pounds. (36kg - 40kg). She still had much to grow before she would even stop looking like a mouse. Her hair was a silky black, just like her mothers, and her eyes were a hazel, in different lights, they could appear to be green, blue, and even sometimes pink. Most of the time they were too dark to tell.She was still young but talented at her art form. As a Toujigikou, she had to be talented in any art form, that meant Jutsu and fighting. It was all art to them. Just like a Touji she carried pouches full of clay and had mouths in the palm of her hands.

For Akumi's clothing, it was quite simple, her chuunin vest, shorts, shoes, and a netted shirt. Working with flames and explosions often becomes hot, very fast, so she doesn't like to wear too many layers. She wore the classic Konoha headband on her forehead, but she also had an Iwagakure band on her arm, indicating she was once part of the great stone village. She always wore her old Iwagakure band just like her older brother. Maybe it was because she was trying to copy him or something. Either way, she was proud of her home country. So she showed it.

Akumi arrived in the area, ready to help out a fellow shinobi. She brought a bag with her, it was full of explosive notes, and kunai. She also threw in some false explosive notes for kicks and giggles. They were all mixed so who knows which ones were which. It was almost time to get started, so AKumi kept an eye out for anyone arriving, she didn't know the shinobi she would be teaching, she just picked up this request at the desk. She expected a child like herself to come, maybe someone in the academy? She didn't mind kids, as long as they didn't whine.

Akumi didn't know what to plan, so she decided to teach what she knew best, explosions. Whether it be learning how to take less damage from them, or learning the basics of explosive notes. She might even be able to show off her own art, which would make her day 100x better. She brought plenty of her own clay to make a masterwork and put on a show. That's if they had time.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri managed to get some information from the previous town about a location with greater possibilities. That said, he managed to finally get a map of some kind before heading off to it. Crater City it was called and he was hoping that the place would have some decent form of communication. It was just a great surprise that upon entering the said city, he was greeted with a rather robust community. He was briefly reminded of the commerce of Port Cirrus, but something else seemed rather different in this city. It was almost as the ambience around him had both promise and deceit mixed together. Well, whatever it was, he simply had to take care not to get lost any further.

After probing for a bit, inquiring about a courier service, he was brought to the proper shop, which had an aviary. Pigeon express, as they called it, was a rather effective way of sending word back home. He noticed the odd glances from his guide and shopkeeper, and knew that they were somehow scheming something but as he thought of giving the guide some tip and even paid in full for the courier service, they both seemed rather nice.

That said, he made a short note, not compromising much. Just a simple, I got lost and separated from Junko-sensei and now in Leaf. He would send it to the hospital, addressed to Osu’s tiny office space that only had a room number and no nameplate, that way he not have to worry in case it was intercepted. If anything, one might think he was sending word to a family member who was ill. After that, he walked around a bit trying to figure out his position in the city before indulging into buying one from the takoyaki stalls. After days of hunting in the wild, this was quite the relief.

No sooner as he would walk, he would find himself approaching a rather less busy side of the city. In fact, it looked quite spacious and much like a training ground. And in the middle, he saw a girl unpacking things. Curiosity got the better of him, and because he was feeling a bit bored and wondered if they would let him use the training grounds to let loose for a bit, he then approached the girl with a short greeting, “Hello. Is this place open to the public? Or at least to visitors?”

WC: 407
[Topic Entered]

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As akumi waited, she was approached by a boy. Asking if thisplace was public, it couldn't get anymore public. "Yeah, it's a public place.. say are you the one that sent in a request for a shinobi to stop by here and tutor someone?" She inquired, since the request never mentioned a name, or anything she wasn't sure. Looking back on it, it might been a prank sent by someone living in crator city. The information was vague.

Akumi look over the boy, maybe he was the student that sent the request? She couldn't tell if he was a ninja or not. All she could see was that he was male, and had blonde hair. She didn't think he was a Konoha student though, it just didn't feel like it. Hopefully she'd get her answers soon, she had been waiting there for while now, whoever sent the request was late.

This outside training area did not have much, it really just looked like a park trees that have been beaten, but you could say that about all of crator city. This city wasn't all that bad, she likes it because it was built in aabgiant crator, something made that crator, she likes to think it was a bomb. Something that big, it could wipe out a whole civillaition.

After a moment of looking at the boy, akumi looked down at her bag of kynai and explosive tags. It was a waste for all of those to hit to waste like this. She had no use for notes, since she could create her own, with her bare hands. Unless this kid was the one that requested it, but he obviously was not a leaf ninja.

Akumi had most of the day off for this, so she wouldn't mind if she stuck around of the request sent in was truly false. She would have to have a word with the request center later.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
From the moment those words left his mouth, Kiri felt like he asked a rather stupid question. Well, he’ll have to let it go for now. He’ll just have to debate with himself at a later time. For now, however, this new information from the girl was rather intriguing. There was a way for shinobi (even those not from this country) to ask for a tutorial from the local shinobi village? That was rather interesting and perhaps could help him while the time away. After all, it was better to be productive than to simply wait there for an answer from Cloud without doing anything. And hunting can only get him so far. Maybe a good interaction with the locals would provide a productive foundation.

Ah, but he had just noticed the other armband that the girl was wearing. From the symbol, Kiri could discern that it was “rock” and so he put two-and-two together to conclude that the girl was also somehow connected to Iwagakure though he’ll probably not want to probe into other people’s business.

“I’m sorry, but I’m not the one who asked for anything. I’ve only recently gotten here after traveling,” said Kiri as he would put down his backpack to the side for a moment. “But since this place seems to be quite open for the public, pardon my stupid question earlier, I suppose I can spend a few hours training here.”

He then paused and looked back at the girl who had put out a variety of items from her bag. Thinking more on the words that she said earlier, he wondered if he would be allowed to participate in this so-called tutor class if ever. He may be intruding into another’s affair, but he was a bit hopeful that it would be alright.

“I’m sorry, my name is Kiri. If you don’t mind, I could take you on for that tutor. I’ve been rather out of the loop from any good exercises since I’ve arrived so it would seem like a fitting moment to accept this predicament. That is… only if you don’t mind,” he added.

WC: 356
[MFT]

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Unfortunately, this guy was not the one who requested a tutor. Akumi sighed softly, "Tis alright." She stated, then she looked around the field, what now? She had most of the day off for this. She'd have to file a report about the false request, somebody else can find the prankster around here.

Akumi was about to start packing up when Kiri questioned her if he could take her up on the tutor. She blinked in surprise, he obviously was older than her by a lot, not only that she looked like a tiny child compared to any other ninja, why would he even ask for her to tutor him? Well, she had nothing better to do anyways.

Akumi nodded to him, "I don't mind, I have nothing better to do..." She stated, then she looked at him, "But you better not be pulling my strings." She stated, who knew, maybe he was trying to mess with her for kicks and giggles. Either way, she handed him the bag of explosive tags. Unknown to him, she mixed false explosive tags in with the batch.

"I am Yumoto AKumi, Konoha Leaf Chuunin, and former Kunoichi of Iwagakure. Today I am teaching about my art, explosives. We will learn the best ways to set traps, and how dangerous explosives are." Akumi explained, she then she pulled out some clay out of her pouch and held it in the palm of her hand. The mouths on her hand started to chew the clay, once it was ready, Akumi shaped the clay with both hands, and released it into the air. With a simple hand sign, it poofed into a fluttering butterfly.

"It will be fairly simple for someone your age to understand." Akumi commented before she moved on, she waited for any comments he had.

[Each time Kiri pulls out a tag roll a d20 to see if he gets a regular tag or a false one. Anything below 10 is a false tag. Roll inside the Games channel on discord and Ping me when you do it.]
[mft]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Before he knew it, the girl introduced herself as Yumoto Akumi, and agreed to tutor him. Though she did give quite the warning in case he was just playing her, but Kiri was very much serious. He’ll have to show her that, though perhaps smiling and giving a light chuckle at her warning wasn’t exactly the best way to show his conviction. Perhaps he simply found her rather cute. “No, I’m serious. Don’t worry. It isn’t everyday I can find an opportunity like this and not get into trouble,” he said.

It didn’t take long before he was handed a bag filled with notes, and as given the instruction by Akumi, he would have to try his luck with it. Of course, he took a moment to watch Akumi demonstrate the skill. He was surprised when he saw that the palm of her hands had mouths and though it was an interesting concept of how to convert the clay, the end result was rather astonishing. He had a thing for fire jutsu but he had never really dabbled into explosives, even if some of his techniques involved exploding things.

As such, he would set the bag down and begin the selection. He would pick out the first of the notes and held it on his hand before gathering his chakra around it. Despite the gathering of the glow along the tag, nothing seemed to happened and so he would set it aside on the ground. “This one is a false tag,” he commented before grabbing another. This time, there was a surging feeling around the tag and Kiri quickly released in into the air for a sudden boom, which somehow made him go “woaw”.

He would take another tag, but again it was the false one, putting it aside. And another which made that familiar charging nature and so he would release it and it would explode. Then next two were another false ones, and he was almost beginning to think that his luck with this was rather poor. Still, it was quite the experience to use such items. Perhaps he’ll reconsider them for his own battle plans.

“Well, looks like I spotted four false tags, though those that did explode were rather something. Is there any other way to discern if it’s a real one or not without touching?” asked Kiri.

WC: 392

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Akumi felt a slight relief that he was serious, though his chuckle almost told a different story. She shrugged it off, wasn't like it would be a waste of her time anyways since she had no plans for the time being. She would have to get back home before supper though, she doubted it would take long to teach this guy a few tips or tricks to explosions.

After AKumi handed him the bag, he pulled out a note, and the first one was, of course, a dud, which made her snicker a bit, just his sentence "this one is a false tag" almost made her laugh. He was lucky and got a real tag on the next one, which made a beautiful blast in the air. The scent alone was pleasant, much like flicking a match.

AkumI waited till he was done testing out the tags before nodding to him. When he asked if there was a difference between tags, akumi leaned over and plucked a tag out of the bag. "There is no difference between the two, other than the paper of which its made of. They are both exactly the same otherwise, there is not a way to tell until you try to explode them." She explained.

"The reasons there are false tags in the first place is to place panic in your opponent. Say I place this tag on you during battle, you will first try to take it off before it explodes, no? Not only that but most panic. It wastes their time, giving you the chance to strike, or maybe escape." Akumi explained, then she charged the tag with chakra, and placed it on the ground, in between the two.

Moments later, nothing, it was a dud. Akumi could not tell the difference between a false tag or a real one either. "I can't touch you to tell the difference, but I can teach you how to avoid getting blasted out of the sky. As a Touji, I am quite experienced with getting blown up." She stated.

Her butterfly was still fluttering about, just waiting for her to give the signal to explode, but Akumi was waiting to detonate it.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While his testing out of the tags were quite successful, Kiri was somehow charmed by the girl’s way of talking. Especially when she mentioned how being a Touji made her… accustomed to getting blown at. Even with the way she took a tag and just placed it on the ground and charged it, showed her confidence, as well as experience. Normally, an average person would definitely panic at the sudden action and probably run off. Kiri was just, too surprised to move at all, though he did hold his breath at the need for a sudden movement. But as it was a dud, he found himself breathing again.

Indeed, He’ll definitely take her advices to heart knowing that she was an expert (no sarcasm there) and also now that he remembered how many times he had to fight off against explosions during his other spars with his other mentors. “I could definitely need some help on how to avoid getting exploded on. I’m not exactly the fast one to avoid them,” he chuckled once more.

At that, Kiri would straighten his stand and look back at the other, knowing perfectly well that things would now become rather interesting as he glanced towards the fluttering butterfly before looking back at the girl. Something told him that if he were not careful, or had this been another scenario, the girl had already planted the explosions and he were trap. Ah, but he lucky that this was a tutorial. “Well then, Akumi-san, I’m under your care.”

WC: 254

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The student, boy, the guy did not move when Akumi placed the tag, she assumed he was probably nervous though, even she was a bit nervous, but it's not like she has not taken a hit from this close range of blast before. He seemed like the type that could probably walk it off as well. Maybe. But luck was on their side since it did not go off.

Akumi smiled as he stated he could use some tips and tricks, hopefully, she could provide him with new tips and tricks, he was older than her after all so she had to assume that he had been through a lot. Akumi took a few steps back after Kiri stated that he was in her care.
"The first trick is to relax. If you are caught in a blast, tensing up will only make it hurt more." She explained, she then glanced at her butterfly.

"The next tip is pretty simple, know your opponent. If you know they use explosives, then you can plan ahead. If they are long distance, fight up close, if they use a combo of explosives and close combat, long range is probably your best answer." Akumi said, though that last one he probably already knew.

"Explosions are a work of art, most are unexpected, but as a ninja, we must expect the unexpected." Akumi said with a sigh, she tried to think, what else could she tell him. She had never done a tutor before, so she had to think a little about what she would say.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri listened to her explanation. From first glance, one could say the tips she was telling him was rather rudimentary, but for anyone who has had any battle experience it was far easier to claim it than to actually do it. After all, despite how easy it may sound, the execution of any strategy was always far different from what was normally thought of. So he appreciated how she made good note of the important things to keep mind of, even if it would sound trivial to others. For Kiri, even the most basic could spell out life and death if not properly thought out.

And he could clearly see that there was passion in her words as she spoke of how even the most destructive of forms can be seen as art. He wondered if he could say the same thing about his inner beast, but he supposed his brother would prefer not to be compared to anything fancy like art. Still, it goes to show how the other appreciated their gift, in some way. He could learn a thing or two about appreciation from her, he supposed.

“I’ll definitely keep that in mind,” said Kiri as he made a mental note of what the girl mentioned. Then at that point, he pondered if the other was capable of long range explosions seeing how can she can form those butterflies. “I was thinking,” he added as he glanced at the butterfly, “Would it be possible to charge your butterfly to explode once more after that initial one? That would seem like a perfect way trap.”

And for some reason, it sounded like he was no trying to have a normal conversation, even if the topic was rather strange for something a “cup of coffee moment” would have it.

WC: 299

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Akumi was happy he was listening, though really she had told him all she could about avoiding getting blasted, really he would need to find a way that suited him best, after all, she knew nothing of his skills. He could be a master or a newbie shinobi. Who knew. "In the end, the best way, is to find your own way to avoid bombs." She affirmed, that was pretty much the end of her lesson, there was nothing more to say on how to 'avoid getting exploded on'.

Akumi looked at him for a moment after his question about the butterfly, and she grinned. The butterfly fluttered near akumi, but still leaving at least a ten-foot gap between her and it. She placed her hands in the 'ram' hand seal, "Katsu!" she shouted, and the butterfly exploded in a dazzling ray effects. She was able to make it look like a firework. It was both loud and powerful, but it didn't do any harm from a few feet away. You could feel the hot air though even from the short distance.

"All my clay creations are already bombs. When I take the clay into my hands and knead it, I put my own explosive chakra into them." She described with a smile, to her, her art was the best thing to talk about. Though it seems the boy knew nothing of the Touji, it almost made her sad.

"This is a special ability used by Toujigikou, it is a blood line." Akumi admitted with a smile.

[Tutor end, sending it in for approval.]
[Continueing on as a non-tutor thread]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri watched in awe as the clay butterfly blew up into a whole new confetti of fireworks. It was truly amazing to be able to transform one’s chakra sources, mold them into what one wants and then simply diversify their usage for an astounding performance. That was strange, even for Kiri, for he never once thought of the usage of his chakra as something of a spectacle like a performance, and yet this girl before him so easily does it. And even if she claims it is a speciality of her clan, the Toujigikou, it was still something different from what he was accustomed to.

“I’m really impressed. I’ve never seen anyone use their chakra to have such an aesthetically beautiful performance,” said Kiri as he watched the sky where the remnants of the fireworks slowly flickered away into the breeze. It wasn’t simply about jutsus that could make explosions. He was certain that this feat would be replicable by others, if only they could see past the destruction that lay in wait.

Giving the girl a polite shake of the head as he faced her, more for apology, he would add, “Sorry, I really didn’t know what your bloodline is, but if you have a spare moment, maybe you can teach me all about it? It it rather interesting. I’ve never seen anyone be so creative with their chakra, let alone their own unique bloodline.” He wondered then, if he could somehow figure out how he could make his own bloodline something as a beautiful, as resounding as hers.

But he somehow realised how he may have sounded so creepy saying that. So he chuckled and then quickly said, “I’m sorry. I meant to say that it’s very surprising not to know so many things, and seeing your doing made me realise there is far too many in this world that I yet to know about.”

WC: 317
[MFT]

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Akumi was pleased to hear him speak about her art so positively, it made her happy to know someone enjoyed her art so much. "A lot of people here use their chakra Beautifully." She stated, though most normal people would not see an average Jutsu as beautiful. She did, she considered ninjutsu to be art, and chakra to be its paint.

Akumi grinned at him when he asked her to teach him about her bloodline, of course, she would. It was the thing she was proud of and loved to show off. "I can tell you everything about my bloodline! It is the best one out there, in my opinion." She stated with a smirk. When it came to her art, she was very proud and wasn't afraid to show just how proud she was.

AKumi didn't know what he was apologizing for, she shrugged it off and turned to the horizon. She reached out with her left hand as if she were trying to grab the sun. "I long time ago, when demons roamed the earth more openly, humans and demons were always getting into battles, humans losing most of the time. One particular clan did not care to fight, and only wanted to live in peace, they were an artist clan. They sculpted clay to create masterpieces. One day their village was attacked by demons, they were not fighters, so they were helpless. But twin clay demons came to one of the artists and offered their help, but they were too weak to do anything, so they sad they could help by merging with the artist. After a long pause, the artist agreed and merged with the demons." Akumi told the story then looked at Kiri."That is how people of my bloodline got the mouths on their hands, and the ability to create such beautiful explosions." She stated with a grin.

"Most of us make our own clay because we can taste with our mouth hands, so the taste of the clay is important. Also, we all have our preference of how mushy the clay is. I like my clay a little sticky, but just right so my sculptures don't melt." Akumi continued on talking without a break, or a pause, she wanted him to know about this amazing ability, but she did finally pause she can hear any questions he had. After all, she could talk for days about her art form.

[mft]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back