Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Awakening

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The desert winds offered a cooling relief to Kanmuri’s face as the hot, desert sun made the cicadas cry. Surrounded by the dunes of Sunagakure, Kanmuri laid with crossed feet as his closed eyes displayed a look of meditation. He had confronted him, his father-Miroku Akkuma. He had gotten his answers. He believed that he had cut an unnecessary tie. But why was there this consuming feeling of hatred, anger, and destruction welling up inside of him. Had he not walked down the path he said he would walk? Did he not take care of someone who stood contrary to his ideology? Then, why? Why was his lust for carnage and blood so insatiable? Why was he shaking with bloodlust? What was wrong with him?

...kill…

...kill…

...kill…

Why are you resisting your destiny...Kanmuri-kun?

The cold, metallic whisper of the Shinigami would transport Kanmuri into his subconscious, but there was nothing to fear. He had strategically gone to a place where there were no people for miles on end. Not even he knew where he was. The young demon had decided to run for miles and miles and miles until his legs gave out. Even if the Shinigami took over, it would be for nothing. There was nothing to kill here but time.

With a stern face, Kanmuri would meet the eyeless-sockets of the towering shinigami that stood before him and inquire, “What do you want, Shinigami?”

As soon as his question was asked, the dark void of his subconscious would be lit by multiple videos playing in sync with each. On the screen stood a relatively younger Kanmuri shaking the hand of the Shinigami. He remembered the scene like it was yesterday. It was the day he acquired his unworldly power, the day he made a deal with the youkai in front of him.

“Do you remember our deal….Kanmuri-kun.”

Kanmuri stared at the lifeless being in front of him as chills ran down his spine. Every word the Shinigami spoke was like a chilled dagger stabbing into his back. This was fear.

Gulp

Kanmuri would silently swallow and take a ydeep breath as he prepared to respond. “Of course, I do. In exchange for your power, I would create the ideal world.”

“And just what was that ideal world?”</B><i></i>

“A world where the cycle of hatred was no more. I would kill anyone who abused their gift.”

“Then, what are you doing here?” The blue fog swirling beneath the robes of the shinigami made it appear to float closer to Kanmuri as it continued to speak. “Here in this desert where the only sign of life is your own?”<i></i>

It was a good question. Why did he run here? Sure, his impulses were getting stronger, but why did he seek alone time. Training always took care of his carnal desires before, so why did he feel compelled to seek this place as his haven. The more he thought about it, the more questions he had.

“You’re time is running out, Kanmuri-kun. The longer you wait,”<i></i> the screens in the void would switch and showcase the numerous different types of physical abuse Kanmuri endured. “The more people like the Kyoujoran abuse kids like you.</GLOW><i></i>

“Turn it off. Kanmuri had lived through those torturings; there was no need to see them again. He was free now. He wanted to forget the pain.

“Don’t forget your mission. Don’t forget our deal. Your time is running out.

“I said turn it off!” Kanmuri’s scream would cause all the screens to go black. The void was now devoid of light, but the two were still able to see one another. “Just what does this even have to do with you? How does this deal benefit you?”

The skeleton head of the shinigami would become enveloped with a mad, toothy grin. <B>“We are one. You are me, and I am you.

Anger had been forming inside Kanmuri for some time, but with those words, it finally manifested with a frown. Malice emanated throughout the void, and Kanmuri would meet the grin of the Shinigami with furrowed brows. “No. I own you. I earned you. I unlocked you. I’m the reason for you existence. Without me, you wouldn’t exist.”

The skeletal grin of the shinigami would only widen after hearing Kanmuri’s words. “Oh how wrong you are. It is now I who own you...Kanmuri-kun. You did not come here of you own volition; I summoned you. You did not unlock me, you made me stronger. You may be the reason for my existence, but I now hold your life,<i></i> A thread from Kanmuri’s heart would stretch all the way to the bony fingers of the shinigami. “In my fingers.”<i></i>

That’s when it all came back to him. After his fight with Furoorensu for his Genin Exam, he lost and was transported to his soul...his subsconscious. There he talked with the shinigami, and there--just like now--he had cut a thread coming out of Kanmuri’s heart.

That thread was his life span.

Like a blown out candle, the malice and hatred that filled the void had vanished, and in its wake was an overwhelming feeling of dread. “It seems that you’ve pieced it all together.<i></i> The shinigami would make its way to the boy as its fog nearly consumed Kanmuri. With lifeless eyes, Kanmuri could only stare at the thread that came out of his heart and was attached to the long, bony finger of the shinigami that looked down on him.

“You will do what I say. You will kill, and you will conquer. That is the price of my power. That is the cost of this life bargaining deal."

The young boy could only shake his head with rejection and stumble back--drowning in the sea of fog the shinigami had surrounding it. “I don’t want you power. I don’t need your power. Take it back. I don’t want it.

“We are one.”

“End the contract!”

“Our souls are spliced.”

“Give me my life back!” Kanmuri pleaded as he began to fall downwards into the dark recesses of his soul. The thread connecting to his heart would stop his fall, but instant pain blazed throughout his body. That thread was real, and the shinigami had cut it before. His time truly was running out. Contorting with realization, Kanmuri’s face squeezed in sadness as tears began to roll off of it. “....please….”

“Never.” With those words, Kanmuri could feel his body lose control. The shinigami had taken control of his real body. The young demon was now a walking corpse--the real him locked away in his subconscious hanging by the thread of his life and contract.

The body of the boy finally raised itself off the burning grains of sands. Opening Kanmuri’s eyes, there was a distinct change; the boy’s eyes were now blue, the same color as the fog that usually surrounded the shinigami in his subconscious. With a mad, sickening grin, the shinigami would attempt to across the dunes of the Sunagakure--looking for death.
---​

Dangling from something, Kanmuri could only stare at the thread keeping him locked away. There was no sense of time. None of his senses registered, and worst of all, the young boy knew that the only way to feel anything would be to touch the thread coming out of his heart. The slightest touch or movement would drown the boy as waves of pain would overtake him.

Damn it...damn it all! Those damn Kyoujoran! If they hadn’t tortured me. If they hadn’t molded me into this power hungry, useless dangling body I wouldn’t be here. If Akkuma hadn’t saved me. I wouldn’t be here! I hate all of them! Most of all...the thing I hate most of all, is myself.

The young demon could only cry as he came to his realization.

I was so blinded by my rage. I was so focused on my hatred and lack of belonging that I looked for love anywhere. I just wanted someone or something to accept me. Now, I’m dangling here--literally anchored to a thread and contract--because of my foolishness. I’ve lost my life.

Tears began overflowing from his eyes as Kanmuri finally spoke. “Well,” the boy gritted his teeth as the vibrations from his voice was enough to send pain throughout his body. “...the one thing I can do right is to prevent others from becoming like me. The shinigami is going to kill and only kill. It’ll abuse it’s gift...with my body. It’ll only make the world a worst place. I won’t let it have its way.

Silence would fill the void once again as Kanmuri finally composed himself and stopped crying.

“If the shinigami won’t end the contract...then I will.” With a swift chop, Kanmuri would gasp in pain and his eyes would go lifeless as his descent and freedom began. The contract was terminated, and his life was over.
---​

Upon taking its first step, the shinigami would fall to the ground. <GLOW glow="blue">“No...NOOOOO!!! That FOOL!<i></i>. The eyes of Kanmuri’s body would flicker from their blue to a lifeless scarlet as the Shinigami no longer had tether to this world. The young boy’s body would start convulsing and vomiting out black tar. “That demon mutt ended his life. I have nowhere to g-”<i></i> Demonic enzymes in the form of tar continued to vomit and foam out of the young demon’s body as more convulsions took hold of the small body. He may have been an ill-trotten good-for-nothing demon, but at least he would die nobly, as a human.

The once blue eyes were now a dull, lifeless red and the final remnants of demonic enzymes in the boy had been regurgitated. What remained was a lifeless body in the middle of the desert.
---​

Hours had passed and vultures had already begun picking at the body under the clear, starry night sky. However, they quickly flew off. Their sudden departure mimicked that of an animal fleeing from something. But what? What could the birds be fleeing from in the empty desert?

The wounds from the pecking and prodding of the birds quickly began to sizzle and heal. The young boy’s body began to twitch and grow. His teeth began to sharpen and his nose elongate. Claws would form and hair would grow all over the boy’s body, but the body still laid without life.

But the birds never returned because they knew something the beast currently did not. It was alive; rather, it would soon be alive. Maybe, it was due to the initial death of the internal organs--needing time to heal and restore their function. Maybe, it was the significance of the place the beast currently resided, Godsfall. There was a time when packs of those creatures served an Ancient loyally and without fail. Call it coincidence, luck, or fate, but whatever it was, it had given the young boy a second chance at life. The creature then began reverting back to its original form leaving the young body with ragged clothes surrounded by piles of hair.

Whenever Kanmuri awoken, he would feel the new power flowing through his veins along with its own set of consequences. However, the most he’d feel would be gratitude. Kanmuri would realize that he was given a second chance, and this was a chance that he’d hopefully not waste.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back