Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back to basics [Medical tutor]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa would walk into the academy with purpose wearing her standard attire of blue garments and a blue jacket to hide the teardrop scar burned into her shoulder blades . She was taking time away from her research to be here. Apparently there were two students who wanted to be tutored in the healing arts and she would oblige them as Sennin.

She sent a letter to the students to meet her in room 151. She told the staff of the facility to prepare a room for her following her careful instructions. She opened the room and what looked like bodies were laying on long tables. They were not, however, real bodies but white bodies with small etchings on them. Next to each body was a seat and a selection of small instruments.

Nagisa would stand inbetween the tables after writing her name on the chalk board.

As the students would enter should would gesture towards the seats.

"Please introduce yourselves and why you want to learn medical jutsu. And yes I am medical sennin but do not be afraid to speak your mind." she would say, her eyes looking at the pair of them blue orbs shining in the light of the room.

[Please post within 3 days. Failure to do so will result in a strike. Three strikes and you are out unless you tell me ahead of time you are going to be late]

Mayumi Ito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Soon after the bell rang, Kei got up from the seat to head towards her next class. While most of her friends would be spending their free time playing or resting the redhead had another class to attend, one that was not mandatory for the others to join. For once it was not a remedial class to make up for her horrendous grades in Ninjutsu but a class that focused on the healing arts. Not that she fancied herself the nurse type but ever since their class teacher mentioned there were alternative paths to their career, the girl wanted to explore her options first before making her decision.

The girl finds herself standing in front of the door to room 151, glancing at the letter on her hand before looking back up again. Though she had never personally been inside the room herself, she did attend classes with similar room near them. Usually, those classes would be about how to handle poisons and as such, she had brought an antidote with her out of force of habit. On top of that, she also brought along medical kit from her home. Not that their instructor dictate to them to bring any of those things but since she was attending a medical class, she may as well be prepared right?

Upon entering the class, the girl glanced towards the teacher and nodded in her direction before making her way towards her seat. Compared to Asuka, the woman before her appeared older and had a slightly more serious vibe to her. Yet she also possessed eyes as clear as an aquamarine gem, reflecting a kind look to them. The redhead then turned her attention towards the dummies on the table. This was not the first time she saw the dummies but it was definitely the first time she saw one up close. The last lesson she had with one was on which part of the human body they should direct their weapon to inflict great damage...how ironic it felt that she would now attend the class for the exact opposite of a lesson.

As it turned out, Masami would also attend the class with her. The girl would smile and probably would have waved as well, but given how close their sensei stood to them she restrained herself to only the former. Upon being asked the question, the girl hastily slipped the antidote in her medical kit and stood up at attention.

"Yes, sensei. My name is Nanjirou Kei and I am 14 years old. I wished to learn medical jutsu because I want to learn about first aid and be capable to deliver treatment so that casualties would last until professional medics arrive." Kei replied before she sat back down and let Masami introduce herself next. The girl wondered if the answer she gave was acceptable. While she indeed wished to know about the art of healing, she also wanted to be clear that she preferred to be on the battlefield herself as opposed to being stationed inside a medical tent or hospital.

[WC/TWC=510/510]

Uchiha Masami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Masami strode through the corridor leading to the appointed room until the numbered door appeared. After attending a class focusing on the fundamentals, she was eager to learn more about a field she exhibited interest in since making the decision to enroll in the academy. It sounded daunting, but she made up her mind. Regardless of the difficulty, she wanted to embark on this path. To do that she needed to learn more about it; by no means did she believe this was a simple route.

She fixed her violet eyes on the door branded 151. When she looked at her hand, she realized it shook in anticipation. Taking a deep breath to calm her restless nerves, she turned the handle and entered. Gone was the Masami who ran from everything that seemed hard or required a long-term investment of work. Not wanting to be late, she walked inside of the room and examined the surroundings.

Her brows raised in surprise when the bodies came into view, but she realized they weren’t real. Masami saw two figures other than herself in the room. The sight of the familiar redhead bewildered her. It seemed that she was not the only aspirant when it came to medical techniques. Their teacher exuded much less frivolity than their usual tutor, but her presence didn’t make Masami feel at unease.

After hearing Kei talk about her reasons for wanting to dip into the medical arts it was Masami’s turn to introduce herself. Mustering her resolve, she postured up and bowed. ”O-Of course, Nagisa-sensei. I’m Uchiha Masami, and I’m thirteen. I wanna be one of those medical professionals that arrive on the scene. Ever since I decided to enroll, I wanted to work to protect life. I wanted to make sure beautiful things don’t get destroyed ever since seeing it happen, and to me, life is one of those things. I know it’s not always an option, but I want to do what I can. I may not be the brightest or most talented, but I’ll do my best!”

With that, she took her seat. Masami, you probably sound like such an idiot right now, she thought to herself, beads of sweat rolling off of her forehead.

[WC/TWC: 370/370]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa would watch both students enter, sit, and introduce themselves. Good. They could follow orders. Nagisa had little time training rule breakers.

"A pleasure to meet you both. Now you have listed fine reasons as to why you want to learn at least basic healing. Even non medical shinobi should know the basics as a medical shinobi may be busy or potentially dead. While you should avoid that situations happening life happens. You are to be future shinobi so the path ahead will be dangerous. Learn to take care of yourself and others and you will be fine. Now, the first task I have for you in a simple one. Those fake bodies in front of you have etchings on them. They are the chakra system. Now if you were to put your finger on a point in the body and put a little chakra into it."

As she did so, putting a finger on both bodies one on a right arm and one on a left arm, both arms would begin to light up and the chakra would turn faintly less blue as it progressed away from her finger until there was no sign there was chakra. She spoke as she did this.

"Now what do you see? What would this mean for those that use healing jutsu? Also when I remove my fingers, you try the same. See how the chakra flows from your touch and to where. Try different strengths of chakra.". Nagisa would remove her fingers and the bodies would turn dull.

Nagisa would watch them carefully experiment with their chakra control. Would they figure out what would happen if they put more chakra into the body what would happen? Well time would tell.

Mayumi Ito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Like their sensei before them, their new teacher didn't waste any time to get to the meat of the lesson. The medical sennin directed them to focus on the fake bodies in front of them to which she obeyed. The dummies they were going to practice on resembles very much like the human body except for certain etching carved into them. Using her fingers, she began to trace them and identified that they connected throughout the whole body.

Chakra system, their teacher explained to them. Normally invisible to the normal eye, the girl wondered what it had to do with their lesson today. That was until her sensei move her finger onto both arm and generate chakra into them, causing both limbs to light up. The girl's eyes widen slightly, there was no weaving of handseal which means it's the same technique as water walking or tree climbing. However their teacher didn't tell them just how much chakra to use nor if they had to emit them constantly, so she had to figure out all by herself.

Focus Kei, you can do this.

The girl psyche herself mentally. Sure, she still hasn't got the hang of ninjutsu yet but her chakra control was getting slightly better than before. When Kei first entered the academy, she couldn't use a single jutsu even if she focused until she's blue in the face. Now that the redhead grasped it somewhat, she just need to pump as much chakra into it until the part she touches lights up.

And boy light up it did. In fact, the whole body light up enough that they could have used the dummy temporarily for a light source. Before she could enjoy it, however, the girl was struck with fatigue like no other, as if she had just gone through a marathon. She was having difficulty to catch her breath, having to sit on the chair and leaned on the table for support.

"D-did I do it...?" the girl asked, barely managed to squeeze out those words through her panting.

[WC/TWC: 344/854]

Uchiha Masami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A wave of relief washed over Masami when Nagisa deemed their reasons viable. It wasn’t a reason she came up with on spot, either; it stemmed from her heart and she motivated herself through such a rationalization. Had it not been for a purpose pertaining to helping others, she doubted she would be able to push herself through rigorous training and dive into the heat of battle on a desire for conflict alone. It was the opposite. At least that was how her young mind operated for now, and she had no idea how her experiences would transform her disposition and outlook. Would she be able to maintain that altruistic reasoning even into her later years?

Their mutual teacher expressed the need of basic medical expertise for every shinobi. Masami agreed with the reasoning wholeheartedly. A comrade’s life may hang in the balance and without even basic skills to help stabilize them until they are brought to a greater source of medical help, they might lose their lives because of her negligence. However, her aspirations went beyond that. She hoped to be a beacon of support for her allies and be that individual capable of more advanced treatments, which was why she valued the current tutorship that much more. Violet eyes fixed on the etched bodies before them, she took note of Nagisa-sensei’s actions.

She showed interested when the etchings were elaborated on, her eyes widening. Coming from a clan who could perceive chakra through their unique eyes, she wondered if the bodies were specifically crafted to illustrate the chakra circulatory system even to the naked eye. Before her thoughts could lead her astray, her sensei lit up an arm of each respective body using her fingers. Squinting, she wondered about the implications. Soon it would be her turn to try it and attempt to ascertain the answers, but before she would do that, she allowed her redheaded fellow student to try.

Masami watched her invest a seemingly gargantuan amount of chakra into the bodies until it lit up like a firefly. Following the investiture, she was stricken with fatigue. Worry seized the Uchiha’s heart as she placed a hand on Kei’s shoulder. ”Are you alright, Keicchi?” Turning her amethyst eyes towards the bodies, she tentatively stepped towards them. She wasn’t as daunted as she could have been. Had it been a taijutsu test she would have been concerned, but she had more faith in her chakra control. Taking a deep breath to steel her nerves, she placed her own fingers on the etched body.

Using her middle and forefinger she poured a smaller amount of chakra into the fake body. Since they were meant to test different outputs, she figured she should experiment with a minimalistic approach. Masami watched as the etchings lit up where she placed her finger, and when she moved it around, that section would dim while another lit up.

”Does this mean that more chakra would affect more of the body, but tire the person applying the medical technique out, Sensei?” It was a rough guess based on what she witnessed, but she hoped she was on the right track. Self-derisive as she was, she assumed she had the wrong answer.

[WC/TWC: 536/906]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa would watch the two students carefully. Kei kept into it and spent a lot of chakra causing the entire body to glow. However since she was just a student it did not maintain for very long before she was panting. The other student answered one of her questions or part of it.

Nagisa would pull from her pocket a couple of cans and hand one to each student.

"Please take a couple sips of that. It will replenish your chakra. Do not drink of it or you will be much too hyper to focus on the task at hand." she would wait until they had regained their chakra her blue eyes looking at the students carefully.

"You are right Masami. Imagine if you placed a healing hand on an allies's foot" she would touch one of the body's feet. "and their wound was in their shoulder. it would require much more chakra to reach that injury. This is why reviewing your patient's wounds before working on them is important. Which is more important, the sprained ankle or the internal bleeding?" Nagisa would rub the foot of the body for a moment before continuing. "Now lower level jutsu that uses healing requires a direct contact and closer to the wound the better. Eventually, you will not need physical contact. For example."

She would take a step back and would form a few handsigns quickly. One of the bodies would entirely light up. Nagisa would release the jutsu after a solid 10 seconds.

"If you choose to progress in my field you will learn powerful jutsu like this. Now onto the next experiment. Take one of the tool next to you. They are dull because you do not need to be working with sharp objects at this time. Focus your chakra into those scalpels. Imagine the chakra flowing from your center down your arm and into the instrument. Now I will pump both of these bodies full of chakra. You are to try that scalpel and see what happens when you cut chakra lines. They will remain cut for 30 seconds before the lines reform. Watch carefully and explain what you see and how this is useful for you to know. Begin when you are ready."

Nagisa would place a hand on each of the bodies heads and begin flowing a steady amount of chakra into both of the bodies causing the chakra to flow freely, all of the bodies lit up.

Mayumi Ito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Mmm, I'm fine Macchan." The girl smiled, trying to brush off her friend's concern. Well, that was a disaster. She felt foolish for pumping that much chakra into the fake body. Her constant failure with Ninjutsu give birth to that habit to ensure they worked for this exercise, it had proven to be a tad excessive. The girl watched closely as Masami approach the dummy next and with precision and control she fed just enough chakra to keep only the part she touched light up.

Though the redhead would never say it, she had always been envious of Masami's capability. Not only Masami performed well but she also got the answer right as well. When given the energy drink, Kei would immediately sip the drink. It was fortunate that she warned them not to drink in time, a moment later and she would have swallowed them. Their sensei then demonstrated her capability with medical jutsu to the point that she could heal the body from a distance, a feat fitting for her rank. The girl barely picked up her slacked jaw before they were already given another task.

Their next task was cutting the chakra pathway. After her performance earlier, she mentally reminded herself to tune down the chakra output so as not to exhaust herself again. Though the blade of scalpel was blunt, there was something...reassuring about holding it in her hand. As if she had done this countless times, the girl channeled chakra onto the scalpel enough to engulf and sharpen its edges. With purpose, she moved towards it and like a stroke of her brush, decisively cut the pathway connected to the limb which caused the limb to dim out. The girl waited slightly to see if the body would light up and once it didn't, she lowered her scalpel to watch Masami to do the same with hers.

"Well, I severed the chakra pathway leading to the limb which I assumed why it didn't light up. As for its purpose...was it to ensure the healing would only be concentrated around the intended area?" The tone she used to answer the question was filled with hesitation, Ninjutsu wasn't exactly her forte. Still, she looked forward to how their sensei would respond to their question.

[WC/TWC: 379/1233]

Uchiha Masami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Masami took note of the twain of cans Nagisa retrieved from her pocket. Purple eyes met blue as she listened to the explanation of the effects of the drink. ”Thanks Sensei!” Accepting the drink, she followed the instructions carefully. Not wanting to bounce off the walls, she nursed a couple of sips of the beverage; she wanted to continue the listen unimpeded, after all, and even with a more minimalistic approach to her chakra usage she could feel an impact on her reservoir. The drink replenished that reserve, and she immediately felt vigor in her veins once more. The Uchiha took caution and refrained from drinking too much of it—not that she had any intention of not following instructions anyway. As it would appear, she wasn’t that kind of person.

To her surprise she answered the question correctly. She felt relieved and a modicum of happiness about being right, though she was positive her triumphant streak with answering questions would be short-lived. In addition to her answer, Nagisa-sensei expanded on the subject. She paid close attention to her words as they learned about the importance of placement to the effect of conserving chakra. Prioritizing the critical injuries over the minor ones through smart use of their time and energy. Needless expenditure sounded like a bad idea to her, so she would keep the advice in mind when she had to mend the wounds of others in battle. Her eyes lit up when she witnessed the Sennin employ a technique.

A string of hand seals later and one of the bodies lit up completely. It lasted for a solid ten seconds, a span of time she knew she personally would be incapable of replicating without completely spending her chakra, before it came to its conclusion. Surprise was smeared all over the student’s face while she stared at the body even in the aftermath. She had no idea that techniques of that nature could be used at a range, and frankly, she was excited about it because it suited her style should she ever be in the heat of combat. She wagered there would be times where she would not be able to get to her comrade’s physically in time, and what better way to lend her aid than to do it from afar in that case?

Judging from the look on Masami’s face, she wanted to progress in Nagisa’s field. Every subsequent thing she was told was met with positive reception from the Uchiha, who was practically leaning forward in anticipation at this point. Speaking of the next things she was to learn, they were both instructed to take hold of a new tool. Though they were scalpels, the blades were dull. As the brunette picked the utensil up and looked at it, she chose to trust in the Sennin’s words and not physically confirm whether it was dull. Before she would embark on the task herself, the adjacent redhead seized the initiative and severed one of the pathways using a scalpel now wreathed in her chakra.

”Yeah, I think she’s right. Another thing I thought of was, well let’s see,” she said, focusing her chakra into the scalpel. Like before, things requiring control of chakra she found easier than anything that had to do with hard-headed brawn and agility. Allowing the sheath of chakra to enhance the edge of the scalpel for the purposes of the endeavour, she slowly brushed the edge across one of the veins of chakra coursing through the faux body. With the pathway severed, she observed her actions induce the same effect as Kei’s own. Nodding, she turned her purple eyes to Nagisa. ”If this was severed, wouldn’t it make it harder for the patient to access that limb? This may be a stretch but if you don’t want’em to move during a surgery or something, then you could do something to that effect.”

[WC/TWC: 649/1555]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa would watch their progress. They were both very interested in this and she was glad. For her, the medical branch was her family and she always wanted more family members to train and grow with. They were young and wet behind the ears but they were interested.

'Not everyone has your natural talents.' a voice said in her mind and Nagisa smiled. She withdrew her hands and the chakra flow stopped.

"Kei, I think you are missing a point. For a ninja, chakra flow is of utmost important. It is how most of our techniques work. If the chakra system was cut off to a hand, that person could not weave signs to use jutsu. Also, it would affect one's ability to be healed. If a wound is close to one of these points that have been damaged, for example, a healing technique would be less effective. It is an easy mistake to make as I see you are still new to controlling your chakra. We all had to start from somewhere. Masami you touched on this. And in extreme circumstances we might have to temporary restrict chakra to a ninja that is overflowing with chakra or is enraged. We don't like to do it but we can."

Nagisa would grab a chair and sit in front of the students.

"Knowing where the chakra system is and how it interacts with your physical self will help you in all forms of jutsu. Even taijutsu usually calls for putting some chakra into your arm or leg to boost the attack. I want you to know that there are attacks and jutsu that can disrupt your chakra flow. Some of them damage the chakra system directly. There are also shinobi that can hurt you where you cannot heal the injuries except through rest and relaxation. This is why a medic should always be keeping an eye out on your other shinobi and to not engage in combat unless you have the ability to do so. Never play the hero because your time to shine is when the battle is over. You have to assess if hte situation can be healed or if you need to retreat." Nagisa would explain her voice even. There was more to it than that but no need to scare them now. They might not be medics anyways but she had to prepare them regardless of what branch they went to.

She would stay seated as she continued.

"Now we are coming to a close to this class but there is one more bit I want to talk to you about. Forgive me for droning on and on.You said why you were interested in medical jutsu. But I must pose you a question. It is a situation I hope you never see yourself in. But you are nearing your genin exam and you must start thinking like a shinobi. Imagine this. You are deep within enemy territory. You are the medical shinobi of this group. You are ambushed and while you survive, your ally takes an arrow to the foot. Your other ally is almost drained of chakra. What do you do? What call do you make?

Nagisa would eye the both of them carefully, waiting for their responses.

542/1445
MFT

Mayumi Ito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Swing and a miss. The girl scratched her cheek slightly, feeling slightly embarrassed that her answer wasn't even close to correct. Fortunately, Masami was the only other person in class else her embarrassment would magnify multifold. Taking another sip of the energy drink the girl listened as her sensei explained her mistake.

Kei's eyes narrowed slightly as she realized her error, so caught up she was in the convenience of healing ninjutsu she had forgotten the basics. A severed chakra pathway would mean healing jutsu would be less effective on that area, which would, of course, be favorable to the opposition. That would mean she had to identify if there was damage to the chakra system itself, even though it would be completely invisible to her eyes. Just how would she be able to do that? Perhaps it was an advanced medical technique as their teacher didn't elaborate and the girl nodded as she continued listening.

A shinobi must develop the ability to recognize a situation where they needed to heal their allies and continue pushing forward or to turn around and retreat. This was emphasized further by the scenario given to them consisting a chakra drained ally and another who would most likely have their movement impaired. The girl began to mull over as she rubbed her chin.

"Well...ideally I would help both my allies and retreat. No point in pushing further if we're discovered, who knows how many further ambushes awaits."

The girl was eager to fight but not to the point it would compromise the mission or send her allies to the reaper's arms. Of course, the world doesn't always operate on an ideal situation which she assumed meant she had to choose who to help next.

"If not, I would heal the injured shinobi first. If we're to survive in a hostile environment then I want to ensure we have a fighting chance against further attacks. We'll retreat as we carry back our remaining friend."

The idea that they would have an easier time to retreat by leaving said teammate crossed her mind but it was quickly dashed off as soon as she thought about them. Even if it was better than the answer she had given, it would have left a bitter taste in her mouth.

[WC/TWC=383/1616]

Uchiha Masami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Well, it seemed that she was on the right track. Chakra was close to, if not completely synonymous, with life force. If she were to sever a pathway of this energy then she was positive it would cause complications with that actual use of that appendage. Nagisa expanded on that, revealing that without that crucial locomotive ability it would be impossible to use hand signs, and thus they would be prevented from using a great variety of techniques. What she didn’t know was that it would deter that location from being healed. However, with chakra pertaining to life and the flow of things, an area that completely lacked it would be much harder to mend with no medium to work with other than what they are pumping into it. Restoring the flow of chakra was key in such a scenario.

She listened attentively while she learned about the extended uses of such a feat. Should someone be robbed of reason, or perhaps if they were a hostile that needed to be subdued but kept alive, then it would be ideal if they were able to restrict their chakra. It wasn’t the same thing, but she noticed that her knack for the illusory arts may help her become comfortable with such a preventative art. In similar fashion, it used invasive chakra to a certain effect. With that in mind, having a base that may help her control over a field she wanted to dive into assuaged some of her fears she originally brought into the class.

As the topic continued, her sensei elaborated further on this. Taijutsu—which was she assumed Kei’s calling given what she knew of her—required use of chakra to truly be effective, unless the individual was able to simply produce that much raw force with their inherent abilities alone. Maybe at first, but given some of the things her other teacher showed her, she doubted such a force could be subdued with a regular, unamplified punch. She introduced a daunting concept after that; the notion of an individual attacking those reserves. With chakra being the foundation of nearly every fighting style, the thought made the hairs stand on the nape of her neck. Masami was fine with not playing the hero during the battle. The glory and bravado weren’t the reason that motivated her, she wanted to make sure her comrades were okay.

Masami genuinely felt a pang of sadness when she heard that class was concluding. Had their schedules allowed it, she would have been fine with learning about the medical arts under Nagisa-sensei’s guidance for the better part of the day. She knew it was impossible though—she could only imagine the responsibilities she had as the medical Sennin. Before it would conclude however, there seemed to be one last question for them. This time they were quizzed with a dilemma, and it made the violet-eyed brunette tilt her head to the side. Her expression sobered as she seemed to be in deep thought, her thumb and forefinger perched upon her chin while she directed her attention upwards as though scouring her brain for answers.

She listened to Kei’s input, and then after a small moment, she added her own.

”In my opinion, this is one of those situations where retreat is the best option. The group is neck deep within enemy territory, and though it survived, was subject to an ambush. With this, the surprise advantage is gone, and the enemy knows you’re there. Now the path there is gonna be filled with ambushes and the like, when we were lucky to get out of that one alive. Not everything can be ideal, but this is the least ideal situation, and my job as the medic is to assess the situation with an impartial eye and make the right call. Not only is the enemy aware of us, but we have one injured and another almost out of chakra. To my knowledge I have no means of healing all their chakra back. The best thing I can do is heal the other’s foot—that kinda injury would make it hard to run on his own and retreat—and then make a tactical retreat,” she paused for a moment, and then shook her head. ”Healing that injury and having him run on his own will increase everyone's chance of survival in my opinion, than two people carrying another while enemy forces chase after you. There is one other possibility, but I can’t imagine vouching for it. Depending on the environment, one could gamble that if you healed the wound and then rested, the chakra would eventually replenish. But camping out in enemy territory who knows you’re there? It still sounds like a bad idea to me, so I would suggest the idea of a retreat. I don't wanna gamble with lives.”

[WC/TWC: 808/2363]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa would nod after both of their answers.

"That is the wisest strategy. And you show you are thinking ahead. This is good. Yes healing the foot injury first is most important as it could lead to an infection. It will also hinder your movement regardless of where you go. There are numerous things that can go wrong in this situation so there are many solutions. Pushing forward may mean finding enemy supplies you can use to heal and recuperate. An ambush may have been set on your retreat path. Missions are complex things. They can go from bad to worse in a moment's notice. They can also turn out better than expected. You are going to be shinobi and if you stay a medic you may very well carry the lives of your teammates n your hands. You must always be aware and know when the situation is beyond your means. Should you reach my level you will find that you can heal even the most grievous of wounds.You both have shown a keenness I rarely expect to see in such young shinobi and I will be hoping you join me in my branch because to me , my branch is my family. I protect all of leaf but my branch is special because without medical ninja, this place would cease to exist. Never underestimate the power of a healer especially one that fights back."

Nagisa would smile at the pair of them as she stood.

"The bell will be ringing shortly. Before you go,, please take a few moments to sit here and meditate. Imagine that you are staring over a crystal lake. Each thought you have causes a little ripple and is quickly silenced. Ponder my words and their meanings. Think about what it would mean to be a medical shinobi and what your life could be. Think over the lessons and its applications. Relax."

She would watch them carefully to see if they actually meditated. If they did not she did not mind but stillness is needed when healing. A still hand. A still heart. A still mind.

'Don't expect them to do much of this. You did give them energy drinks' a voice said in her head. Nagisa ignored the observation.

In a few minutes, the bell would ring and the shuffle of students would begin in earnest.

"You are gfree to go. If you wish to talk more about this lessons or the medical branch, please let me know. You can ask for me at the hospital or the sennin offices. I bounce between the two.but can easily arrive if need called. Now go and enjoy the rest of your day."

Nagisa would watch them leave with her sea colored eyes.

'I hope they join us.'

"Me too." she said to herself as she turned to look out the window the sunlight hitting her black, braided hair. As she looked out at the hustle of bustle of the students, she would clean up what little mess they made. She would close the door and slip from the building quietly but not before handing her key to the secretary.

As she worked her way back to the hospital she decided to try working on her research some more. She had done enough of her social duty for the day and wanted some alone time with her medical notes and data. Numbers were so much easier to calculate than people.

[574/2019]
topic left
you both pass. Let me post in rewards and after I do that you can post for rewards.

Mayumi Ito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Finally, Kei actually got an answer right in this class. At least this means she wasn't totally hopeless on the subject. The Sannin then began to explain that while they were both correct when it came to treating their wounded allies injury, it would be difficult to know what call they should really make. Be it retreating or moving forward, both action carried a certain amount of risk to them.

The Sannin then expressed her desire to have them both in the medical branch due to their interest in the subject and for once Kei was a bit torn on the path she should take. Initially, the girl took this lesson for the purpose she stated earlier rather than a strong desire to be part of the medinin. However, when Nagisa told them that she considered the branch like her family, the girl cannot help but admire her. A whole branch would be too great a burden for Kei to bear...but at least the girl desired to protect those close to her. Even if her path deviated away from the medical path, she made a mental promise to protect those assigned to help her at all cost.

The bell soon rang and she was just about to leave before Nagisa asked them to sit down and meditate. Normally she was against the idea of sitting still for any amount of time but this time she complied. Well, tried to at least, she must have had one too many sips of the energy drink because her mind wondered to a lot of things, not just her lesson. Discipline and self-restraint was the only thing that prevented herself from just giving up on meditating entirely.

Just when Kei thought she finally calmed down enough to meditate, the bell rang. Their sensei had already dismissed them, so the redhead began to pick up her things. Now that she thinks about it, they never did use the medical kit or antidote she picked up for the lesson. Shrugging slightly, the girl bow in Nagisa's direction before she left the room and waited for Masami to join her. There were so much she wanted to talk to her about and she did promise the girl to treat her to one of the nearby food joints. She just hoped Masami's hungry enough to join her, because Kei herself was starving.

[WC/TWC:394/2010]
Topic Left.

Uchiha Masami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When she heard that they both provided the correct answer, a smile upturned the amethyst-eyed Uchiha’s lips. Like she thought, the nature of the injury hindered the ability to retreat, which they shared the belief of being the ideal option amongst many. Not only this, but it risked infection which if ignored could result in the loss of the afflicted appendage or worse depending on the time spent infected. There was merit in every option, for there was no telling what fate had in store for them. It seemed that adaptation was key, and making the right calls at the right times could save lives. She always thought her tendency to overthink things was terrible, but she found confidence when hearing a more thoughtful approach could be to their advantage.

There was no doubt in her mind, even after hearing the responsibilities it heralded, that Masami wanted to be a medic. A purveyor of beauty, she wanted to be the one who protected the beautiful lives of those around her. Only experience would tell, but Masami felt that she could stay objective when given a task and do the right thing, even if it was the unfavourable approach, if it helped ensure the lives of those around her. Hearing about how Nagisa-sensei viewed the medical branch, and her desire to protect all of leaf, Masami smiled contentedly. After those words were spoken, she knew what she wanted.

Before departure, there was a few minutes before the bell. The Sennin provided them with a final bit of instruction, this time requesting they meditate using rather beautiful imagery as the medium. The aquatic theme reminded her of her sensei’s aquamarine eyes. ”Alright, I’m going to try,” she said with a nod, maintaining her smile. Interested in what the task would entail, she seated herself and assumed a pose that suggested familiarity with the art of meditation. The beverage she nursed earlier did cause her mind to wander after she closed her eyes, but in a way, she was accustomed to settling her hyperactive mind or suffer the consequences that came with it. Taking a deep breath, she focused by not heeding the thoughts themselves, but focusing on the sound of the ripples her thoughts induced.

She cast her gaze over the lake brimmed with crystalline water, watching the sunset’s vivid palette dance amongst blues. Periodic chirps of wildlife, the kiss of the gentle breeze against her face, she continued to fixedly regard the body of freshwater with perceptive violet eyes. Tension vacated her body, and an omnipotent stillness settled her mind. Aware of her breathing but not focusing on it, she was truly present in the moment.

A euphoric calm washed over her like water, and as she watched the lake, the colours morphed into various images. Not daunted by the amorphous colours, she watched the lake as it illustrated her amongst others of the medical profession. Some scenes were happy, ripe with affection, familial—others were desperate or sad. Using what she learned in a practical situation, sometimes fruitful, sometimes going awry. Saving people, yet cases where she could not save people. There was a commonality when she looked in the face of it all—acceptance. And then the bell rang, liberating her from her trance.

While she pushed herself up from the floor, the numbness associated with meditation pervaded her body, but was harmless. She felt weirder than usual, probably because of the energy drink’s lingering effects. It was time to go, and she listened to Nagisa-sensei speak, leaving her door open for them to inquire more about the branch and what they learned about.

”Thanks for this, Nagisa-sensei. It’s really helped me learn and think about a lotta stuff,” she said, before she turned around to take her leave from the room. Kei already started to make her way beyond her at that point, for at the last moment, Masami turned around to look at their sensei once more, conclusive words leaving her lips, but ones that made clear the purpose she saw in her own meditative state. ”I want to—no, I’m definitely gonna join that family.” After that, she excused herself with a wave and a smile, joining Kei on her way to sate her appetite with food. However, her thoughts were elsewhere; they were focused on her want to become a medical shinobi.

[WC/TWC: 727/3090]
(OOC: Thanks for this, I had a lot of fun! Hope to do this again soon!)
[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back