Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Balance the cycle [Contract Search]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji breathed in the air deep into his nostrils, it had been so long since he had breathed the air of his country. His face calm and serene as he took in his breath and then released it gently back into the breeze. Some say that any power that would be manifested, begins with the breath, it represents the cyclical nature of life itself. Breathing in positive energies, and breathing out the negative, leaving the body in a state of neutral balance.
Haji began and ended every one of his training's with breathing exercises regardless of what that training was. But it just so happened that today was a special training day.

It had been three years since Haji had access to his collection of poisons and venoms, and it was an extensive collection at that. Every day he would imbibe a different toxin of one nature or another to increase his tolerance to the point that it became like taking a daily vitamin. But after three years of being hidden away and unable to access these routine self-inflicted poisons, he had no idea what his tolerance was now. If he had to take a guess, it wasn’t as high as it used to be, but being a Hachiashi his body already naturally produced anti bodies for both mycotoxins and cytotoxins.

So now here he was, amid the plains of Lightning country, kneeling in a serene field, breathing in, and out, preparing for what was about to come. He had diluted each of the four vials on the blanket in front of him a considerable amount from what he used to do.

DNEO4TJ.jpg
Z2z0t29.jpg
AV436Zh.jpg
IIvuqjI.jpg

Each poison affected different aspects of the body. The first would attempt to congeal his blood within his veins. The second would begin to eat away at the proteins in his flesh. Both would be injected to emulate the bite of the animal it was drawn from. The third was to be ingested and would attempt to stop his kidneys from operating. The fourth and final vial was the deadliest of them all as it would use his own chakra to break down his body at a cellular level.

Opening his eyes Haji stared straight ahead and took one last meaningful breath before taking a vial in four of his six hands. He injected himself in opposite thighs with the first two, he winced but proceeded onward. He injected the third into a bean bun and quickly wolfed it down, cringing with the bitter taste. Finally, he exhaled as much as he could and then broke the final vial in front of his mouth releasing a deadly mist which he then breathed deeply.

The last one stung his throat and nostrils, he hacked and coughed as he rubbed his eyes. His fingers came away with blood and his vision began to swim. He blindly turned toward his bag that contained antidotes, but found that it was gone, or that he just couldn’t find it. He began to panic and could feel his heart rate rise, but then he stopped, blood streaming down his cheeks.

He folded his legs together and took in a deep breath.

Re-balance the cycle.

[Not searching for anything specific, will accept whatever may be found]

[Wc 540]
[MFT]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The morning air was crisp and clean upon the tongue, a slight draft wisped down the mountain that might make any man wish to rescind it. A taste of barely hung heavy on the air, the agricultural harvest was nigh. The sun has barely just crested over the mountains to the north, fresh dew still not yet evaporated lay silently throughout the valley. A quaint pair of songbirds echoed sweet nothings to each other as they made a pass over Haji's sky view. What's this? A peculiar soul indulging himself in some sort of morning meal? Perhaps not... One such individual was up to the task to find out, however. Had Haji even noticed him there, blending in faintly among the berry bushes? Perhaps he ought to make himself known.

A jump, skip and a hop later and Berozu had managed to close the distance between themselves. Upon closer inspection, the little toad was able to fully deduct what the human was doing. Twas not food, but strange liquids that he imposed upon himself. A foul and malicious odor exuded from the vials causing Berozu to croak in disgust. "They told me you humans had short lifespans but I haven't seen someone so hard-pressed and committed to assuring it stayed that way." The small toad cocked his head to the left in confusion, such strange behavior these humans exhibited. "So uh... I get the rest of your bean buns if you croak, right?" Hopefully the man was only meditating and hadn't already died before he could say yes, Berozu was starved!

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji had just begun to gain a handle on the poisons ravaging his body, he breathed in, then out, and with his exhale came out some of the poison in a dark and deadly looking glob. Wiping his mouth with a sleeve Haji finally noticed the little toad that had hopped up to him. Haji eyed him, and nearly returned to his training when the little fella spoke up. Haji turned toward him, a look of surprise on his face for but a moment before giving the toad a sneer.

Raising his six arms up into an open stance he posed to the Toad and smiled wolfishly "Do I look human to you?" his voice dripped with sarcasm. His arms dropped and he grabbed a bean bun and set it down in front of the toad. "I've known since I was young that I was never meant to be in this world long. I burn the candle at both ends as the saying goes" He picked up another bean bun of his own and munched on it contemplatively. He glanced back at the toad and raised an eye brow before taking a large bite of the bun and speaking again with a mouth full. "Sho, whatsh yer name lil' fella?" he swallowed "Mines Haji, not that you were askin', but I figured since we're bein' polite and all" he grinned at the little toad before crossing his legs beneath himself and leaning down and forward to get a better look at the talking amphibian.

"Don't suppose you want some of the secret sauce do ya?" Haji joked gesturing toward his collection of poisons still laying on the blanket. "They range from painful to deadly, but damn if they ain't spicy!" he coughed up a bit of blood as if on queue and spat it off into the grass somewhere, wiping his face on his sleeve once more.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The man was quick to respond, to Berozu's astonishment. Almost immediately Haji's attention was grasped at the mere audible notion of a toad. To his dismay, Berozu was taken aback slightly as the tall. weathered man stood and revealed his hidden prowess. The little toad trembled in fear and nearly fell over backwards in surprise. "Holy jumpin lily pads! Are you some sort of man-spider?! For the love of Susamajii, PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!" Berozu suddenly burst into a crying fit, although his tears were tiny, his bellowing cry was not. But Haji was quick on his feet and presented the little toad with a bean bun of his own. It was nearly half the size of Berozu, not nearly enough the toad might have said. But beggars cant be choosers. Almost immediately the toad ceased his incessant crying and had his attentions persuaded. "Oh well... Don't mind if I do then." Was Berozu the smartest in the toad patrol, no. But he sure knew what he wanted!

As the little guy took a bite of his comparatively oversized bean bun, Haji would continue. Haji introduced himself, he seemed nice enough. Even went so far as to inquire about his new green friend as well. Haji leaned a little further for inspection, something that would put Berozu on edge. "Oi Oi Oi! Back off my springy greens. I see what this is... you were trying to lure me in with a little snack and them BAM! Game over for Berozu... And what's more, you want to season me up with some of your poisons?! Why I oughta..." The little toad known as Berozu, as Haji just heard him say, was in quite the mood. With so many predators lurking about, it was so hard to decipher friend from foe. Haji here already displayed his connection with the arachnid family, one that found little toads like him to be quite juicy and delicious. "Whadda you doin out here anyways? Hunting for innocent toads I presume?! What exactly was this guy doing out here all alone anyways. Drinking poisons and toxins alike didn't seem like the typical hobby, he must have had a purpose of some sort. Why here, why alone. What if he overdosed and nobody was around? So many questions, so many angry frog leg kicks, so many uneaten bean buns!

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Sp.... Springy Greens?" Haji scratched his head while the little toad had a miniature panic attack. "Look... Berozu was it? I ain't tryin' to eat ya alright?" Haji sat back on his heels and sighed. "I was just trainin', yknow, trying to up my resistance to these poisons y'know? Might save my life one day" Haji took two more bean buns and tossed one at the hyper active fella, shoving the second into his own mouth and chewed thoughtfully.

"Y'know come to think of it, I never met a talkin' toad before. Big ol' talkin sky whales yeah. Talkin' spiders, you bet! But never a little toad boyo" Haji shoved the last of his bean bun into his mouth, chewed and swallowed. "For the record, I used to be pretty good at this shit" Haji gestured at the vials again. "I'm just out of practice. Besides, a little poison like this would never kill me, I got the antidotes in my bag anyway" Haji conveniently left out the fact that he had almost panicked and forgotten they were there. "It's all about the breath see?" Haji took in a big breath and then released it, a look of serenity passing over his face before he opened his eyes back up again.

"What's a little talkin' toad boyo like you doin' all the way out here? Huntin' innocent spider people I presume?" Haji smiled gently at the small toad. He leaned back and fell onto his bottom, bracing himself on his hands behind himself to keep his body upright while he looked curiously at the toad.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Haji's reassurance towards the little toad that he wasn't going to be used in his next bean bun recipe was heartening to say the least. Berozu calmed down and loaned Haji a listening ear to the rest of his story. Seems this man was on a sort of personal quest to kill himself, or boost his resistances, same thing really. "What's a little talkin' toad boyo like you doin' all the way out here? Huntin' innocent spider people I presume?" Berozu was halfway through his bun as Haji made a counter inquiry. The little toad attempted to speak but immediately began to choke on an especially dry piece of bean bun. Berozu searched frantically for any sort of drink to help wash it down before his meal killed him. With no water in sight he began to get desperate and dived straight into Haji's bag and guzzled down the first liquid he could stomach smelling. What came next was of no surprise, he was dying not from bean bunifacation, but poison.

Certainly it was not incredibly toxic, and if so he would assume that Haji would save him by administering the antidote. Or perhaps the little toads own poison resistances would be able to cope somehow and he would simply have to ride it out. Any avenue the path took, Berozu would inevitably snap out of his haze and shake his head in bewilderment. "My goodness, why on earth would you want to willingly consume such things just to boost your immune system. Wouldn't it be simpler to just, ya know, NOT get into a situation that calls for it. Either you are crazy or just plain stupid... Or both!" The toad would begin to hop away but stopped suddenly with a curious thought. He slowly turned his head as the seed grew into a full fledged thought. "Wait a minute... You wouldn't happen to be one of those, um, whatchamacallits. Would you?" He wasn't making a lot of sense, but Haji just might be smart enough to figure out he was referring to a shinobi. Berozu had a flawless, or so he thought, plan and Haji was just the person to help him out, assuming he was one of those whatchamacallits that is...

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji stared at Berozu in disbelief as he chugged down a poison. Nobody was that dumb. No wait he had come out here to voluntarily chug poison... He sighed and grabbed an antidote from his bag and injected it into the struggling toads bottom.

"My goodness, why on earth would you want to willingly consume such things just to boost your immune system. Wouldn't it be simpler to just, ya know, NOT get into a situation that calls for it. Either you are crazy or just plain stupid... Or both!" Haji's eyebrow twitched and he had to resist the urge to ask who the toad, that just downed a vial of poison, was calling stupid.

As he got up to pack away his things, Berozu began to hop away. He was going to call out to his new little buddy not to get into too much trouble when the toad turned around and asked Haji if he was... something? "Do you mean, am I a shinobi? Well you're pretty astute there lil Berozu-san, as I do so happen to be a shinobi from Kumo" Haji secured his collection of poisons and bean buns behind the small of his back with a rope through his belt. "The poison thing is kind of an occupational hazard y'know?" He grinned at the curious looking toad. "Why? You wanna learn to be a nin just like yer pal Haji?" he thrust a thumb at his chest with bravado and then laughed.

"You'd be the cutest little ninja boyo" Haji leaned down placing his bottom hands on his knees so that his face was closer to Berozu.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"From Kumo you say... I've heard the ninja from that village are quite prestigious and powerful..." The little was deep in contemplation, weighing the pros and cons to some unknown, unmade decision. Just what exactly was this toad up to? Berozu turned his attentions back to Haji. "Occupational? So it's your job to be poisoned to death?" Berozu had heard tales of the great prowess that a ninja possessed, but self indulgence in poison was not among the tales he heard. Never the less, he was presented with an opportunity. The little toad's reaction to Haji's notion that Berozu could be a little ninja was comical at best. He could barely muster up a stream of spit, let along perform such acts as his superiors could. "Gero gero gero gero, don't make me laugh. I'm not sure I have it in me, especially if the path is full of toxicity as yours has." Berozu laughed a little and told Haji of his lack of faith in himself. Though, quickly, the little toad's demeanor turned more serious.

"Ya know... if you have the desire to strengthen your physical resolve, I might have just the proposition for you. Unless of course you don't got the stuff..." A sly look oozed across the little toad's face, it painted a face of planning and action. Haji seemed like no coward, so he would explain further to check the man-spider's resolve. "If you are truly up to the test, near the crater to the north, there lies an ancient and mystical cave. Within lies a beast of mythical proportion. Said to have a sting that could kill a man 1,000 times over... But there is legend of a select few that have survived and their bodys developed an almost super natural resistance to all poisons. Think you might be up to the test? You got the stuff boyo?" It was true, Berozu's plans were not completely selfless. There was another motive to this all, but that was none of Haji's concern. For now...

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Yeah, Kumo is... somethin' else" Haji scratched the back of one of his hands. "It's an occupational hazard because it's my job to be prepared for any scenario, including one where I may be poisoned... Or need to remove a poison from another" Haji stared at the ground. What was this toad getting at?

Then the toad made his offer. Smarter than he lets on Haji thought grimly. But on the outside Haji smiled brightly at the little toad and his dangerous sounding offer. "Oh I know I've got the stuff my little green friend" Haji's smile didn't quite reach his eyes "I'm sure with the two of us paired together we could get anything done, poisons be damned!" He leaned in close to Berozu "We are in this together aren't we?" his smile grew bitter sweet before he burst out laughing.

"No worries my toad friend! I Haji can take on any poison and survive! It's in my blood" he winked at the little Berozu. "I accept this quest" he stood and packed away the rest of his things. Once he was all packed up Haji stood looming over Berozu "Lead the way little buddy! Show me this mean ol' beasty with the sting that can... uh, do something a thousand times, I try not to get too hung up on the details" Haji chuckled and fidgeted with the knuckles of his missing fingers.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Gero gero gero!" Berozu chuckled loudly at Haji's bluntness. Such a care free soul with a care free mind to boot. "I should warn you, boyo. The road is treacherous even before you finally meet the beast face to face. But if you got the stuff, then let's have at it!" The little toad courageously hopped along towards the horizon. The journey would be long and arduous, the path before them was riddled with malcontent and disparity. There was a dual purpose for all this though, Berozu thought if maybe he should tell the man spider this wasn't all just for a test... But would he refuse it then? Berozu couldn't take the chance... "It's gonna take some time, the journey there I mean. Hope you packed more than a few bean buns boyo!" And so they went, side by side, a man-spider and a talking toad, what a pair...

5 Hours later...

It had been some time since the dynamic duo set out on this grand quest. By now, Berozu would have grown hungry again. With a final hop, the little toad croaked and fell to his side. "I can't go on... Too... Weak..." Berozu then stuck his tongue out and rolled his eyes to the back of his head for dramatization. "Just leave me, i'll... -cough- only slow you down..." Now this was getting ridiculous. Even if Haji had no extra stores of food, surely there would be food in the nearby surrounding forest that encompassed the trail. Berry bushes, perhaps even a large rock with bugs underneath. It was obvious this toad was pooped and couldn't continue without food. It was up to Haji to fend for the little green boyo, or leave him to starve. Though he wouldn't get far, as it seemed only Berozu knew the beaten path that led to Haji's greatest test.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Five hours of walking. FIVE HOURS. Haji liked the little toad, but he was bored out of his mind. When he would read or hear stories about great shinobi and adventurers, they always skipped over the traveling parts, and for good reason. THEY WERE BORING. He fidgeted with his nin tools while they walked, and made some light conversation with his new friend. He wrote down what had happened so far this day in his journal, a kind of reiteration of all that he had experienced so far. But he quickly ran out of things to do while they walked and just focused on the landscape.

That is, until Berozu collapsed out of sheer hunger. "Oh shit!" Haji, while concerned for his new friend, was hopeful for the fact that this was the most interesting thing to happen since they had set out in the first place. "Wait right here little buddy! I'll find you a nice grub or somethin'!" Haji jumped up to leave when he stopped and turned back to squat by the little toad "You do eat grubs right?" he shook his head "of course you do!"

Haji ran out a bit and mused to himself as to how he would get Berozu something to eat when he had a great idea. "Look like a spider, act like a spider right?" Haji released a fine web of his mucus and spun it into his great web, stretching it between the trunks of two trees. He sat and waited like a real spider would and waited for some unlucky bugs to find their way into his trap. Before too long he had a relative cornucopia of bug snacks for his famished friend which he collected and quickly returned.

Holding his little toad head up, Haji hand fed Berozu some of his bug snacks. "That's it little buddy, eat up!" Haji shoved a bunch of bugs down Berozu's gullet. "LIVE!!!!"

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Drama is conflict, and how people deal with drama will show everyone just what kind of person they are. Though one could say that Berozu may have taken this whole hunger thing a little too far, but thankfully Haji was just the type to respond well enough to it and played the part perfectly. This little drama toad was holding nothing back with his little fit, turning it up a notch as Haji returned. With his eyes rolled back and his long sticky tongue dangling out of his mouth, surely it looked like all hope was lost for Berozu. But Haji wasn't having any of this, he was determined to save his life! Lifting his fragile head up off the ground, Haji's gentle caress would sooth his hunger pains for just a moment, long enough for him to gaze into those beautiful spider eyes of his. Down the hatch they went, all of the bugs Haji had captured for him. And as he waited for the end result, it grew ever still and silent. What was seconds turned into minutes, why wasn't it working?! And then a lowly audible noise could be heard coming from the toad. If Haji leaned in close enough he would hear the calm, hushed noise of... "Zzzzz"

Berozu had fallen asleep, whether it was from pure lack of energy or going into a food type coma due to the overwhelming amount of bugs Haji and caught for him. Either way, he was out for the count. But it mattered not, for if Haji attempted to reach down towards the sleeping toad, or simply even backing away and letting him rest, a flurry of miniature shuriken would come flying his way. How quick were the man-spider's reflexes? Whether he managed to dodge the plethora of mini flying steel, a lone figure would step out of the shadows of the forest. A light crunch resounded through the silence as this mysterious individual stepped onto the gravel path that Haji and Berozu had been traveling upon. "My name is Toka Ge'senshi, you have disgraced my family and stolen what is rightfully ours. Relinquish the stolen goods or feel the wrath of my blade..." What was this? How had Haji managed to offend such a noble, and valiant lizard such as this? Haji would need to act quickly, what weapon would he choose, the blade or his word?!

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji held his small toad friends motionless body in his arms wondering why the bugs weren't reviving him. "He's just a boy!" Haji threw an arm over his face for extra effect. Then the light snoring emitted from the little toad and Haji smirked. "Fun little guy" His smirk turned into a gentle smile as he lay the toad down to let him rest. Then he felt the hairs stand up on the back of his neck and he turned his head just in time to witness projectiles fly out from the shadow of a tree. He didn't move an inch, but a layer of mucus as bright as gold formed over his body and the shuriken land with dull thuds against the natural armor Haji had produced.

"A dangerous greeting" Haji rumbled from deep in his chest; he sounded different than he had when he was playing with Berozu, a cold menace crept into his words. "I will forgive you only because you didn't aim for my friend here" he turned toward the figure as it stepped onto the gravel road. Haji picked each shuriken out of his armor one at a time and dropped them onto the ground before getting a better look at the cloaked figure. It was a lizard... Not what he had expected. But soon the lizard warrior named himself and asked for the return of his valuables at the stake of his family's honor. "I would be more inclined if you hadn't attempted to strike me without warning first, mighty ballsy of you to attack me and then ask for something" but then Haji shrugged "But if it is yours then it is yours. Tell me what has been taken and I will return it to you. No harm, no foul, as they say" He smiled a cold and calculating smile.

"The name is Hachiashi Haji of Kumo. Nice to meet you Master Ge'senshi. How can I help you today?" he smiled brightly "Unless you'd rather just go at it" a dangerous sparkle entered Haji's eyes.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Toka raise a scaly eyebrow as he witnessed the incredible sheen and brilliance of Haji's golden armor. It was like nothing he had ever seen before, it stopped his attack with the utmost ease. Toka adjusted his posture in response to Haji's low rumbling growl, it was not unlike that of a warning sound from a protective mother, he would need to tread carefully lest a battle ensued. Though it seemed this man was ready to fight to the death already, interesting... "Heh... So eager to greet the afterlife, you would do well to hold your tongue in the presence of royalty!" It seemed this young lizard dubbed himself superior to all others, royal blood ran through his veins. The kingdom from which he hailed knew him as Prince Toka, but how would Haji had known in the first place, such arrogance from this lizard. "You ask what was taken as if you did not already know. Not only are you a thief, but a horrible liar. A Shepard of my people came to me saying that a large spider like man had stolen our flock, out of his insufferable fear he did not make himself known to you but could only watch in horror as you stole the food of our people. The flock of precious insects, where are they?! I demand that you relinquish them at once!" It seemed the bugs he had gathered for Berozu were already spoken for and it was a little to late to return them now.

"And if you refuse, I would have no other choice but to end your life and avenge my people. I would tread carefully, human. You know not of the fury of my might. You will find I can be much more unforgiving and cold blooded than my kin..." Toka unsheathed a pair of glimmering daggers from his cloak and proceeded to cockily twirl them in his hands as if his little tricks would make Haji fearful of him. There was another factor that Haji may or may not have been aware of. Numerous tips of steel were aimed directly at Haji and Berozu. Seems Toka here did not come ill prepared, bringing with him his personal elite force of ninja lizard. Each personally skilled in his eyes, laying in wait for Toka's orders to unleashed their arrows. While it would be possible for him and Berozu to make it out alive through all this, Haji still had a choice to make here. Find some way to reconcile the issue at hand, or simply cut his way through this little army of green and continue along the path before him.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Lizard was cocky, and he made a show of twirling around his daggers with proficiency. Haji barked out a laugh.

Time to give him and his friends a show. Haji widened his stance and let his chakra build without a word. He would open one gate, then a second, then a third and a fourth. Haji let out a roar as each gate opened and with each gate that opened a deeper and deeper purple aura covered him, and his roar became fiercer and fiercer until it became like that of some unholy creature clawing its way through the earth from the hells below. The ground beneath Haji cracked and splintered as if he weighed thousands of pounds. He made sure not to hurt Berozu by allowing one of his off hands to encase him in a protective cocoon of mucus. He made a note to leave breathing holes for the snoozing toad. His aura would be overwhelming to weaker foes, but Haji could see that this lizard was of a different cut. He grinned wolfishly, the pupils had disappeared leaving only the whites of his eyes. All six of his arms bulged with supplemented strength giving him the image of a multi armed god of some forgotten land.

"Lizard, you know not of whom you have trifled with" Haji's normally informal accent had gone to be replaced with the deep, booming, intimidating sound of a voice so strong it almost seemed to ripple the air with his strength. He had opened a gate in his throat that made his voice another weapon in his arsenal. "Lest you think that even this form is enough for you to handle" Haji rumbled further, he was about to make a mad gamble. "Then you may witness something few have had the horror to experience" his voice rumbled loud and terrible, trees near him splintered and cracked as he opened a fifth and sixth gate. His chakra took on the form of a terrible spider over his now swollen body. It hurt like a bitch, but it did not show on Haji's face. His hair whipping around his head he would take one step and in a millisecond he would be in front of the lizard. He wasn't sure how fast he would be or not but Haji made sure not to throw a punch or anything of a violent method. He only meant to intimidate his his godlike speed. Regardless of if he got within range of the lizard his voice would boom out.

"But I have no interest in conflict with you, Lizard Prince." he would ease the gates back down, his voice returning to its normal melodic sound, he hid the trembling in his arms by allowing them to drop down to his sides peacefully. "Name how we may mend this slight against you and your honor, and it will be done... I implore you to make a peaceful resolution to this, I would rather not take life needlessly" Haji nelt before the prince "your highness" he kept an eye on the movements of the lizard prince and his kin. His trust only went so far with his attempt at intimidating diplomacy.

[mft]
[wc 533]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The first initial wave of energy caught Toka off guard, his eyes widened with surprise. With each new gate that opened, more and more of Toka's elite royal guard fled from the scene of overwhelming displays of power. Haji's booming voice echoed throughout the forest, instantly shredding the leaves upon the nearby trees. The rest of the lizard men had already left the scene leaving only Toka standing his ground. Despite the intense force that Haji was exuding, the small lizard was somehow managing to hold his footing thus giving testament to his own potential power and prowess. Toka grasped the hilts of his daggers in case Haji made his attack, but thankfully no such action was made and soon the show of force climaxed and relaxed. Returning to his charming, enticing accent, he propositioned the royal lizard for a more... peaceful means of resolution. The lizard would stare blankly towards the six armed shinobi for a few seconds before inevitably bursting into laughter.

"AH HA HA HA, I like you! You have spirit, strange man spider. After your show of force, I now understand that a battle between us would tear this lovely forest asunder. My pride is not so vane to rob my people of their homeland and I accept your generous offer." Toka would relax his previously defensive stance and continue with his conversation; "It's a matter of pride for my people, you see. When I'm around them they expect the most of me and want nothing more than swift judgment. They, along with my father, want nothing more for me to follow in the monarchy's footsteps and rule with an iron fist. But alas, all I wish is to chase pretty girls and go on merry adventures. But don't tell them that. To be honest, there is no way to replenish the stores of our insect livestock, I am open to suggestion on the matter. How might a confident, brazen fellow such as yourself dig your way out of this mess?" Then with a single hand, Toka weaved a sign to create a makeshift stool to sit upon. Strange to see such a small creature wield nature energy so well. Though I suppose someone of Haji's nature has seen and experienced far greater anomalies.

Meanwhile Berozu was fast asleep, surprisingly, and Toka's archers were nowhere to be seen. They fled and most likely assume that Haji and their prince were duking it out for the honor of their people. While it might be easy enough to lie and say that Toka beat his adversary to a pulp, they might desire proof of such a grand feat. Or even perhaps wish to use his corpse as a suitable substitute for his transgressions. After all, they are lizard people. Insects are just a source of protein, surely man spider might prove just as tasty and filling.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji smiled in relief as the Lizard king burst into laughter, in all honesty, he was quite drained from the exertion of opening the gates. He had not opened that many before, five had been the furthest he had gone previously, and going up to six caused him to be a lot weaker than he expected, but he feared no less show of power would impress such a regal and honor bound lizard such as this one. He speaks so elegantly Haji thought to himself as he attempted to keep his whole body from trembling. The lizard prince outlined that there would need be a tribute of insects for the lizards to use in the absence of the ones that Haji had used to feed his still snoozing friend.

Haji was glad for that part, he knew how distrustful the small toad was of spiders, and what Haji was about to do next might have hurt the trust Berozu had for him. "I am sure you won't be your highness, but try not to be too alarmed at what I do next." He walked a bit down the road away from the prince and the sleeping cocooned Berozu before he set to making his hand seals. While Haji had not officially been inducted into the spiders clan, being of Hachiashi decent and having passed his right of passage when he was younger, he had 'befriended' and become able to summon a giant spider. He did so now.
KDkwXvR.jpg

The great spider appeared in a giant cloud of white smoke and began to thrash its swollen abdomen and legs, seemingly unable to move very quickly because of the many spider babies she carried. She hisses a terrible sound, venom dripping from her fangs as Haji harvests a great cocoon of webbing from her abdomen. "No worries old girl" Haji purrs gently "Sacrifice these to the greater balance of nature, and your future generations may garner a better fortune". With the cocoon twice his size removed, Haji dismisses the great spider with a snap and a puff of white, carrying the cocoon over his shoulder, writhing with the many giant spiders children within. Haji set the great cocoon before the lizard prince's feet before kneeling.

"Accept this tribute oh great prince, and let us be indebted no longer, in fact you will find DOUBLE the amount that we took from your domain as a gesture of good will and friendship" Haji stood again and held out a hand to the Prince.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Toka cocked his head in confusion and prepared his wits for whatever the man-spider had in mind. He watched him carefully as he walked a short distance away and prepare a ritual of sorts. Toka fell backwards in response to the giant plume of smoke and the resulting 'newcomer' that appeared. "Holy hell, you WOULD be friends with that thing. I swear, they don't pay me enough to deal with this stuff..." Toka shook his head as he picked himself back off of the ground. Thankfully the moment of terror would be short lived and Haji would present the small lizard with his 'peace offering'. "Accept this tribute oh great prince, and let us be indebted no longer, in fact you will find DOUBLE the amount that we took from your domain as a gesture of good will and friendship" Haji would then extend a hand out towards the young prince in an attempt to seal the deal. Toka looked at the massive offering and then to his hand and then back to the cocoon again. Toka shook his head a bit. "Blimey, you are one bold and honorable creature. I ACCEPT!" Toka clasped his hand against Haji's and squeezed firmly, at least as firmly as a lizard of his stature could. There would be kind words exchanged into this little snippet of new friendship but in time the moment would pass and Toka would leave Haji to his business with his 'prize' in tow. It wasn't every day that things could turn out so well given the type of world they all lived in...

Just as one might expect, just as soon as the whole commotion had come to an end, Berozu stirred to life. "I... What happened? Did I pass out?" The little toad had a look of embarrassment struck across his green face. Something was amiss and Haji was about to find out what. "I feel like I should apologize... I should have said something before the trip but I... I suffer from a rare disorder called 'gottaeatalotta'. It's a terrible curse..." Are you kidding me? 'Gotta eat a lotta' had to be the lamest excuse for over exaggeratingly passing out in the middle of the road. No matter, I feel much better now. Say, nothing crazy happened when I was asleep, did it? I had the most vivid dream about a giant spider doing battle with something called a 'godzilla'. What am I saying... the mind is a curious thing, aint it." The little toad hopped back to an upright position and looked around. Being satisfied with whatever he was looking for, he gave a single hop down the road before looking back towards Haji. "Well don't just stand there, boyo. All this lollygagging has put us behind schedule. Come on now, pick up the pace!" And with that, Berozu hopped into the distance with Haji in tow, no doubt. Their final destination would soon be at hand and the ultimate test would soon be Haji's.

-Drip-

The sound of a drop of water making contact with the puddle below resonated and echoed across the desolate canyon. Upon the lower portion of these deadly slopes, stricken in steel, were a number of crude and rudimentary 'cells'. Some were empty, some possessed bones picked clean. But there was at least one that still carried life and within it carried a promise of an evening meal. But what's this? That sound... The subtle sniffles and cries of a helpless creature within. "Momma, I'm cold and I'm hungry..." The small creature pleaded to what must have been his mother. Through teary eyes and an equally distraught stress level, she would hold the small creature close. "I know baby, but you have to have faith. Surely he knows by now and help would be on the way. Hopefully it comes sooner than --" The second, motherly, creature was stopped short. A wicked sneer peered through the crude bars and stared at his 'prize'. "Silence! I'll not have you bellowing so incessantly. All those salty tears will spoil the meat I so hunger for. Now be silent and still or I'll make your deaths that much more unbearable!" The dark mane brushed against the bars as the large monster turned away from cell and flew away to gather supplies for his apparent meal.

It would be some time, not nearly as long as the first portion of their trip had taken mind you, but the pair arrived at what Berozu would mark as their destination. We'll here we are, The Desolate Plains. Why they call it that, I'm not sure. Surely you would think it a forest but then again I'm not in charge of the names around here. We have to be careful from here on out, this place gives me the creeps!" Berozu was right in his proclamations of this place's title. There were no plains but only a wooden graveyard of trees and brush. There were little to no signs of life aside from a cliché lone crow that cawed in response to spotting the duo. It stared at them a while longer before cawing once more and fluttering away. This place was eerie and quiet, unnaturally so. What malice gripped these lands to the point of draining the nature esk energy from the lands and reducing it to nothing but deadlands. There was no peace here and these two would not find any solice within this place. If they were wiser, they would turn away now. "Well... After you boyo!" Well... Guess they aren't the 'wise' type afterall...

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back