Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Blood in the Water (Free RP)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was told that the hot springs were supposed to be a place of near-magical healing powers where the blistering water and steam could wash away more than just the grit and grime of everyday life; they could also cleans your soul. Jo hoped that, for his sake, the tales were true. He’d never been to the hot springs before, despite having lived in Kumo all his life. The trip through the forest to their location was alien, giving him some cause to worry; but the path was well lit, and he was within the walls of his village, giving him leave to ignore his instincts to be on constant guard and allowing himself to simply relax and enjoy the quiet stroll.

The hour was late. From the position of the moon and the stars, Jo surmised it was about 2230 hours. It would’ve taken him less than a second and even less effort to look at his watch and discover that it was actually 10:32pm, but he enjoyed being able to tell time by the position of the sun and moon; and so, the timepiece stayed in the pocket of his tan suede jacket, its chain clipped to one of the belt loops on his jeans. The nights were getting cooler by the day, and the leaves were beginning to change colors, causing him to zip his jacket over whatever t-shirt he was wearing (usually black), and conceal his hands in its pockets. One thing was certain; winter was coming. Up in the mountains of Lightning Country, that meant several dark months of biting winds and driving snows that buried the village in a silent blanket of white. Spring came late, autumn ended early, and summer was only a fleeting memory of warmth and comfort.

Jo pulled out his watch anyway. It was a small thing, about an inch in diameter and a quarter as thick. The old man that ran the clock shop near his apartment had scoffed at such a young man owning a pocket watch, but Jo bought it anyway. In some ways, he was older than the shopkeeper; silver-grey hair, whiskers and all. Jo wondered what he would look like when he became that old. As of now his hair was the color of chocolate, and his facial hair grew in slowly, but evenly across his visage and down his neck, requiring daily shaving. Then he remembered that he was a shinobi, and his life expectancy was nowhere near that of the old watchmaker.

He ran his thumb over the unadorned brass casing that covered the timepiece, the metal warm to his touch after being so long in his pocket. He depressed the latch that released the spring-loaded door, revealing the simple beauty that lay within. The watch had a clear crystal face, the roman numerals hour markers engraved into its delicate surface and inlaid with polished brass. It wasn’t the numbers Jo was interested in at the moment, more the contents of the small gizmo that could be seen through its clear face. Innumerable gears of various sizes twisted and turned powered by the tightly wound spring in the center. Miniscule ruby bearings keeping their motion crisp and precise as the pieces turned the hour, minute and second hands in perfect time. He couldn’t tear his eyes from the beautiful complexity of it. Wheels within wheels.

The light from the streetlamp he was passing under illuminated the surface of the watch, causing the face to reflect the inside of the cover, and the second reason he’d bought the watch. Rather than bearing small tabs by which a picture could be held, the inside of the watch cover was polished and engraved; ”Time is still the infinite jest…” Jo found the words profound, laughing out loud when he first read them. When the watchmaker inquired as to what had tickled him so, he simply replied ’The piece mocks its own existence.’ It was an irony he could appreciate, as he should. It had cost him an arm and a leg to own a clock that mocks tic-tocks.

With a crisp “snap” he closed the timepiece and pocketed it; and not a moment too soon. Had he walked a few more feet with his face buried in his watch, he would’ve tripped over the bottom step of the springs. The building was large and ornate in a traditional sort of way, and emanated the feel of a tourist attraction that had been there so long that it had become a welcome part of the community rather than a hated eyesore. Climbing the steps slowly, Jo entered through the large double doors. The warm air within blasted in his face, the sudden switch in temperature making his cheeks burn and his eyes water. The inside was the same as the out; a well-worn touristy kind of elegance that saw enough use to feel homey.

”Good evening! How can we be of service?” Asked the cute young receptionist behind the counter in a voice so sweet Jo felt the sudden need to brush his teeth to ward off cavities.

”Good evening; I’ve never been a patron here before, but I hear the hot springs are great for healing the body and the mind; so I figured I’d come in and try them out.” Jo replied politely, not the least bit ashamed of his inexperience.

”Well, welcome then! I hope you enjoy your first time here with us! All the other shinobi who come in say it’s great for relieving sore muscles after long days of training; and nothing is quite as relaxing as a good scrub and a long, hot soak!”</B><i></i> For a second, Jo was confused as to how she knew he was a ninja, then he remembered the forehead protector tied around his head. He’d been wearing it for long enough now that he forgot it was even there except when he put it on in the morning and took it off at night. ”We offer many services; everything from a simple soak in the springs, to a full body massage, and a full spa! We also have a five star restaurant and a full bar in the back, and drinks can be delivered to you in the springs!” She said, motioning to the price board behind her.

”I think I’ll just have a shower and a soak.” The prices weren’t too steep, but a good long soak was all he really needed. Besides; he still had to buy groceries, and the watch had taken out a chunk of his savings.

”Great! The men’s’ locker room and showers are down that hall, and the exit to the hot springs are clearly labeled!”<i></i> She pointed to his right. As she tallied up his total (minus a generous military-service discount) she recited the rules of the springs from memory. ”Obviously, there are no men allowed in the women’s locker room, showers, or hot spring area, and vice versa. There’s no full nudity in the coed area; towels are provided if you didn’t bring a bathing suit. Last but not least; any inappropriate behavior will result in removal from the property with the risk of being permanently banned depending on the severity of the actions. Any questions?”

”No, ma’am.”

<B>”Great! Enjoy your stay! Remember, we close at 2:00am on the dot; regardless of whether or not you’re dried off and dressed!”<i></i> She giggled at her own joke. Jo hoped they’d never had to throw anyone into the street soaking wet and naked just to prove they weren’t kidding.

Jo entered the empty locker room and stripped off his clothes, folding them neatly and placing them in his assigned locker before heading to the showers. There was no one around, but even if there had been, he wouldn’t have cared if anyone saw him naked; especially other guys. His years surviving all the bullshit the Academy could throw at him with classmates of both genders had washed away his modesty when it came to his body and its functions. More than once he’d had to bathe, change clothes, and relieve himself in the presence of male and female classmates and senseis. There was no privacy or false modesty among soldiers. Besides, he had nothing to be ashamed of. His years of intense physical training had carved a lean muscular physique out of the slightly chubby boy he had once been; though his barrel chest and broad shoulders made him seem more hefty that he was when he was wearing clothes. Not to mention his other physical assets. He was a healthy, growing teenage boy after all.

He roughly scrubbed himself down in the solitude of the men’s showers; only slowing and gentling his assault on the oil and dirt that came with the job description of being both a teenager and a shinobi when he encountered the new scar that ran horizontally along his right hip. The memento from his last mission had finally started to heal after his trip to the hospital, though it turned out a little different from what he expected. The puffy purple scar tissue that covered the wound was raw and sore to the touch, having just recently closed enough for him to remove his bandages without fear of springing another crimson leak. He gently dabbed the area clean with a washcloth last, rinsing himself thoroughly before wrapping a white, knee-length towel around his waist and entering the coed portion of the hot springs.

The cool night air had the steam rising thick from the surface of the pools, the moonlight and lamplight giving the water and mist a bright silver sheen that was completely mesmerizing. There was a large pool near the front with adjacent smaller pools around it. On the other side of the large pool was several smaller ones, each one labeled as getting hotter the farther away from the main pool you went. Jo chose a pool way in the back, second-to-last from the hottest pool that was labeled with a caution sign and a legal waiver for any injuries sustained from its contents. He slowly eased himself into the steaming hot water, the sudden change of temperature from the cool night air to the nearly blistering heat melting away his goose bumps. The water was almost too hot for him to handle, but only really caused him pain when it met the new flesh on his hip. He stopped then, letting the heat and pain numb the cut before slowly sinking in up to his neck. There was only one thing left to do. He took a deep breath and plunged his head under the water, completely submerged. He held his breath for as long as he could, the heat making his head swim. Then, like a breaching whale, he exploded from the water, gasping in the sweet, cool air and slicking his wet hair back out of his face. Leaning back against the rock wall of the pool, Jo allowed himself to sit on the submerged ledge and relax.

For a few long minutes he just stared at the water, allowing his mind to empty itself and become a calm white noise. It wasn’t meant to be. Just as they always did when he let his guard down, the faces of the men he’d killed in the Capitol a couple of weeks ago flooded to the forefront of his mind. All of a sudden, the spring water was hot blood; its redness filling Jo’s vision and cascading in rivulets down his arms as he lifted his hands from the water.

Then, in a blink of an eye, the visions left him just as swiftly as they came. Jo’s breath was ragged and it took a couple of minutes for him to bring it back under his control. He sighed then, a great, deep, heaving sigh, and leaned his head back against the stone; squeezing his eyes shut and praying that Raiden would give a poor young soldier some peace.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tasogare_Otome_Av2_zpsd2c4613d.jpg

cloud_chuunin.gif
“What a racket you just made, shounen. This isn’t a kiddie pool, you know, and if you thought this was, well, I’d have to tell my father about how this burly genin of his is out there flashing all of the lolis in the hot springs,” teased a voice that Jo would find immediately familiar. She rested her head on her folded arms on the stony edge of the next pool over, peering at him with a playful glint in her eye. Her glasses were neatly folded and set on top of their case nearby, and her raven-black hair cascaded in wet rivulets down her back and over her folded arms, framing her strikingly pale face in stark contrast. Takaki Saeko seemed to possess the dubious “gift” of being able to crack herself up with her own witticisms, and she giggled musically.

“Isn’t this a wonderful place? I always miss it when I go on assignment to Kagoshima. You’d think a culture of tribal horse-archers would appreciate the opportunity for a long, warm soak, but they seem to enjoy the smell of their own sweat. Also, blood, plenty of blood. You can take a Kagoshiman out of his yurt and dress him in a suit but you can’t really make him act like one of the 'crawling people,' which is what they call Kaminarijin,” she sighed. “You know, I think I need things a bit warmer,” she said, rising from the water and grabbing her glasses and towel. It was apparent that the towel was the only coverage she actually had in these springs, and she seemed to take a bit more time than necessary wrapping her torso in its wet embrace. “Aren’t you going to invite me to sit next to you?” she asked, with feigned innocence.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He froze, his heart skipping a beat as a familiar voice chided him. He opened his eyes and looked to the next pool over. Takaki Saeko; she was entrancingly beautiful, devilishly smart, and the Sennin’s daughter. Their chance encounter at the Shoguns Ball had quickly turned into a hormone-charged battle of wits. Jo quickly conceded defeat after she’d stuck her hand down his pants on the dance floor. Now here they were; alone this time, and neither of them wearing any clothing. Jo’s heart kick-started with gusto, making up for the beat it had skipped several times over. He quickly forgot the disturbing visions of blood and gore and focused on the matter at hand.

”The hot water helps clear my head.” He said dumbly in response to her playful scolding. He was a little preoccupied watching a bead of either water or sweat (Jo couldn’t tell and didn’t care which) as it trickled down the side of her face, down her neck, and across her collarbone before it faded from sight. ’Keep it together, man!’ he mentally reproached himself as she stood from the water. It was all he could do to avert his eyes respectfully and keep his composure; thought he did eye her up and down unashamedly after she’d wrapped up, his small smile gracing his face as she asked for an invitation into his pool.

”I don’t know… it’s very hot in here. I’m not sure you could handle the heat.” he said coyly, though his burning gaze and widening grin said something very different.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tasogare_Otome_Av_zpsf1f3fe12.jpg

cloud_chuunin.gif
She giggled at him, although not unkindly, as Jo hastily averted his eyes from the alluring nakedness before him. His combination of embarrassment laced with unsubtle desire was an enjoyable sensation for her to behold - after all, everyone liked a bit of flattery, and she was comfortable enough in her own skin to accept a man’s advances as exactly that. Her parents had given her exquisite features through a combination of the right genes and not a little bit of luck, and his hungry gaze was proof of it. Not every girl in the village had such a healthy mindset, however. He very easily could have been pelted by all manner of baskets and bars of soap by a gaggle of angry tsunderes had this been a scene from some juvenile battle shounen manga.

“I think your blood may be flowing somewhere besides your brain, if you’re trying to lecture me about heat, Genin Narashi Jo,” she chuckled as she languidly sat at the edge of the pool he occupied, dipped her long legs into the steaming water, and then slid the rest of her body in. “Not that it’s necessarily a bad thing,” she whispered breathily in his ear a moment later, having sidled up right next to him. The palm of one of her hands rested gently on his chest, rising in tune with his no-doubt increasing respiratory rate. Slowly, it started to move downward, sliding across his washboard abdomen and the divot of his navel before resting tantalizingly at his waist. She peered at him through sultry-lidded eyes, moving her lips slowly toward his… And stopped.

“Something besides me is bothering you, isn’t it?” she asked softly, easing back to allow him more space to recoup. “Something deep inside. And it's probably not my father's brush or my brother's cat-like scowl, hmm?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Amazing! The only way Jo could describe how he felt right now was “amazing”. Jo could feel his pulse quicken and his breath coming quicker as she slid into the water and sidled up next to him. Their eyes locked, and Jo could feel his head start to spin, his thoughts becoming fuzzy at Saeko’s intoxicating gaze. As her hand reached up to touch his chest, he wrapped an arm around her, resting his hand gently on her shoulder. Raiden! It was like a million volts of electricity were shooting through his body! He could feel the lightning shooting through his body from his chest to his fingertips, causing him to tremble with excitement. She slid her hand down his body, the friction causing a raging inferno to ignite where the electricity had been. As she leaned in close, so did he, their proximity fanning the flames within until Jo wasn’t sure which was hotter; them or the water. Everything about her made his head swim and his heart slam against his ribcage like it was trying to escape; her scent, the touch of her skin, the way her lips and eyes glistened. For a moment, nothing else in the world mattered. Not his job, not his problems, not the fact that her dad would probably kill him if he found out about this. There was only her. As he leaned in ever closer, he closed his eyes…
AND BLOOD COVERED EVERYTHING COVERED THE FLOOR COVERED THE CEILING FLOATED ON THE WATER STUCK TO HIS HANDS STUCK TO HIS EYES IT WAS ALL OVER HER IT WAS ALL OVER THEM THE BODIES LAY ALL AROUND THEY STOOD THEY STARED WITH SIGHTLESS EYES THE BEATING IN HIS CHEST BECAME THE HEART OF THE MAN HE STABBED PUMPING UP THE BLADE OF HIS KNIFE INTO THE HANDLE INTO HIS SOUL

His eyes shot open, the trembling no longer caused by excitement. The fire was gone, doused in blood and memories. The world returned to normal; there were no bodies save for the one next to him, the one belonging to the beautiful girl who was pulling away.

“Something besides me is bothering you, isn’t it?” she asked softly. “Something deep inside. And it's probably not my father's brush or my brother's cat-like scowl, hmm?” Jo had never felt more ashamed than he did in that moment. Here he was, sitting half naked with a beautiful girl in the middle of a hot spring in a village protected by his brothers and sisters and a neigh impregnable wall, and all he could think about was the blood he’d spilled and the men he’d killed. Everyone else seemed to be able to cope with the lives they took and live completely normal lives. He turned his gaze to the water, too ashamed to look Saeko in the eyes.

”It’s the Ball…” She was there, she knew what had happened. She knew about his first kills, had congratulated him for them. Why was he so effected by something that he was trained to do automatically and without hesitation? Why did he wake up in the middle of the night drenched in a cold sweat gasping for air when everyone else could just get on with their lives? Where the hearth had once burned inside him a block of ice had grown, its cold radiating through him in such a way as to make him fear he’d cool the spring they were sitting in. He lifted his gaze to stare infinitely into the steam, his sight reaching for miles beyond the curtain of mist. ”What’s wrong with me?”

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

cloud_chuunin.gif
The thousand-yard-stare coming off of the boy’s face made Saeko unconsciously draw her bathing towel tighter around herself. It was an expression she had seen many times before on the faces of those who earned their living through violence. Cloud Shinobi, Imperial Army, even Kagoshiman Bloodriders – they all looked the same when caught in the hellish maelstrom of memories they’d sacrifice a thousand years of their own lives to forget. She sighed and leaned against the warm stones lining the spring, resting her head gently on his shoulder, letting the warm water lap at the top of her chest.

“I have the opposite problem,” she said after a minute of silence. “Did you ever hear Nara-sensei’s lecture about killing in battle?” she asked, seeing him imperceptibly nod. “I’m one of the two percent who genuinely don’t get bothered by taking life. And based on that lecture you’d think I’d be thanking my lucky stars every time I had to put a bolt in someone trying to assassinate the Khal but instead I’m always horrified that I don’t feel horrified, if you get my meaning. For a long time I thought I was the embodiment of evil – filth personified – and sometimes I still believe I am. So, I can’t truly understand what you’re going through, but I kind of have an idea of what it’s like.”

Her hand found the curve of his chin and turned his face to meet hers. She studied him closely, her black eyes peering into his.

“Men like my father have the expectation that we’re tools, not humans. I actually get it, you know. We’re shinobi, not normal people, and we shouldn't pretend to be normal. Sometimes, though, I want to scream and tell him I’m through with all this. Maybe even just let it all end. But I keep going because this is the only life I know, and because otherwise, I would never get to enjoy all of the good things out there that make the entire human struggle worth going through. Like being here with you in this moment…”

Suddenly, she blushed deeply and turned away.

“I’m sorry, that was just too corny,” she said, mortified.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A shock ran through Jo’s body as Saeko sighed and leaned her head against his shoulder. He had been so lost in the mist that he’d forgotten who he was, where he was, and who he was with. The sudden contact brought him back from the edge of the swirling white abyss. He gently leaned his head on hers with a sigh of relief, her damp hair warm beneath his cheek. A moment of silence passed between them that seemed to last for an eternity, and Jo almost wished it were so. What would she say when she finally broke the stillness? Jo suddenly felt the relatively few years he’d lived pressing against him like a weight. She was older than he was; not much, but enough for it to make a difference in her perception of the world. Not to mention she was his superior in rank. Would she berate him? Laugh quietly at his foolish naiveté and lost innocence? When she finally spoke, her words pierced him like a knife.

He nodded to her question, and listened as she spoke. He couldn’t comprehend… didn’t understand… She felt nothing? Not the wrench in the gut or the bile in the throat? Not the nightmares or cold sweats or flashbacks? He began to envy her, until she continued. It was hell for her; not the same hell he was in, but just as dark. Where there had once been envy, pity filled his heart; just as quickly as it came, the pity left him. She didn’t want pity any more than he did; she wanted understanding, and that was something Jo could do.

She took him by the chin then and turned his head, their eyes locking; her black orbs, fathomless and beautiful, peered into his warm hazel glow. She spoke, and her words struck a note somewhere deep within him. It was as if she’d reached into his mind and pulled out the words he’d kept locked within; at once deep and dark, yet so full of hope. In that moment, Jo could not think of anywhere else he’d rather be than right here, right now.

“I’m sorry, that was just too corny,” Saeko said, turning away with a deep crimson blush. He took her face in his hand this time, resting it on her cheek and gently bringing her gaze back to his. ”No…” He breathed. ”It was perfect…” His thumb brushed her check as he slid his hand behind her head, pulled her in close, and kissed her.

It was no great kiss, full of tongue and lust and passion. It was soft and sweet; a brush of the lips, a shared breath. It conveyed everything they needed to say, but could never find the words to without risk of sounding corny. For that moment, just a moment, there was nothing; just her and him. Then, just as quickly as it happened, that moment ended. They were back in the hot springs, and Jo was pulling away.

It was his turn to blush and avert his gaze. He’d never kissed a girl before, and a thousand thoughts raced through his head. Thoughts like: ’Holy shit; did that just happen?’, and ’Her dad’s gonna fucking kill me!’. One thought was distant and small, almost subconscious. When he’d closed his eyes to kiss her, he’d seen nothing. No blood, no gore, no bodies. There was just her, and him. The fire that had been quenched by the icy grip of death burst forth once more, its inferno burning hot and bright within him. Now his thoughts were fuzzy again, and his teenage brain could only think of one thing; her. Only his self control and the fear of a slow, painful death kept him from doing anything rash. That, and his bashfulness at what just happened.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

cloud_chuunin.gif
Her eyes widened as his lips brushed against hers and stayed there in an unmistakable kiss…before closing and allowing her to surrender to the pleasure of the moment. Her hand rose to caress his face, and to pull him in closer to hers, but all of a sudden he was pulling back. A wave of disappointment crested over her as he left her embrace and her lips formed the word no. She considered grasping at his wrists, pulling him back in, but reason prevailed and she merely smiled softly back at him.

“Well…” she said, blushing despite her otherwise cool demeanor. “As much as I really want to do something that'll get us kicked out of the Springs for good, I think we should probably continue this in private. You know, Sei-chan can’t keep her mouth shut for more than an hour and…Jesus Saito my father is going to brush you to death if he finds out…
SnK_Levi_zpse332e481.jpg

cloud_medic_zps76bbfb4d.gif
“Saeko? When did you get here?” suddenly asked a male voice from behind them. A sour-faced boy of roughly Saeko’s age loomed over them, clad in a bathing suit that was more like scuba-gear than trunks. Although Jo had never seen him before, he also looked eerily familiar to the man who was his boss. “Who’s this guy?” asked the new arrival, staring at Jo.

“Enjeru! Hey!” said Saeko with sudden cheer as she leapt out of the pool and caught the new arrival in a headlock, beginning to muss up his hair. “Your pesky imouto has returned from freezing her ass off in the North to come pester you!” she teased him, much to the boy’s chagrin.

“Yow, stop it! Dammit, go back there!” protested the boy, Enjeru.

“Let me think about it…nope! I’m here on assignment! Talk to father if you don’t like it!”

“Godrotting…I’m not letting you hog the Q-Box. And keep your hands off my things. And also, I need my privacy, I have a girlfriend, you know.”

“Really?! Is it Hanji of Leaf, or Yura of Sand, or Rento of Mist? Or is she Tenouzan this time? Are you dating a nun?! What a bad nii-chan I have, tee hee!”

“Screw off! And put on some clothing, you're indecent!”

“Did I ever tell you how much I missed you, nii-chan?”

“There’s no ‘-chan’…”

As their voices trailed off, with Saeko forcibly hustling Enjeru toward the springs’ exit, she flashed a look back at Jo. Later… she mouthed mournfully at him.

[TL, thought this was a good place to wind down, that was fun xD]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The look on Jo’s face when the man who could only be her brother arrived was priceless. Normally, he’d be able to control his emotions and hide his shock and fear; but he was so emotionally charged at the moment that his self control deserted him. Hell, in the millisecond before her brother showed up, Jo’s self control had absconded, bringing the words “oh well…” to his lips in response to getting kicked out of the hot springs, and Sei’s ratting them out, and her fathers brush; the desire Saeko filled him with was too great. Thankfully, he’d been able to bite back the words just as her brother arrived; or else they’d both be in hot water (and no the kind they were enjoying at the moment, either!).

Jo was debating whether or not to introduce himself in answer to Enjeru’s question when Saeko leapt from the pool, the sight of her soaking-wet covered only by a clingy towel ceasing all speech for a crucial moment as she grabbed her brother in a headlock and gave him a noogie. Jo’s face broke into a wide smile at the sight of what could only be described as “sibling affection” that passed between them, knowing each jab and insult was actually an unspoken “I love you, and I’ve missed you more than you could ever know.” Jo sighed in relief as Saeko man-handled her brother from the springs, his grin of amusement changing into a soft, sad smile as he mouthed the word “Later.” While his grin was sad, his warm hazel eyes gleamed with hope and joy; ’Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow.’

[Topic Left: That was really fun! I can’t wait ‘til Masao finds out. Jo will have to talk to him eventually about courting his daughter. THAT’LL be a fun RP!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back