Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Branches 101 [Class]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira found a classroom that was smaller than the others offered inside the Academy, this was a more private lesson from what he was to understand and that was fine in his mind, he would make sure that the students got taught and learned no matter what it was he was teaching, but today he decided to give himself a shot inside of the Academy, as a teacher, and what better way to start things off than with a simple enough branch lesson, he wanted to give out instruction on what the branches provided, the purpose and to allow the student to come away with a decision on what would be best for them in the future.

Akira had a notebook with him as well but was dressed in his usual medical attire, making sure that it was clear to those around him that he did indeed belong to the medical branch, and that he did not belong to the Main Branch. He allowed himself a few moments to grab a seat behind the desk in the room as he waited for someone to come to the lesson to at least teach, though he was just here to make sure that everything went smooth he did wonder what student would fall to him, or who would even turn up. He simply wrote on the whiteboard the small topic at that moment which was 'branches and structure'. He knew full well that this was a good start for any student to look to focus themselves.

[TWC: 252/1,000]
[Post: 1/5]

Hiromu Oiwa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oiwa would shuffle through the academy. The apprehension of a new student had been replaced by quiet resignation that he had been passed up. As always Oiwa was well dressed, a crisp designer white baggy shirt embroidered with a cherry blossom twig and some equally baggy navy-blue harm pants.

Oiwa was just returning to the school after a break to work in his parents clothing shop and salon. It seemed that fall had been a tremendously busy time for the fashion district. So busy in fact, that his family had recalled him from the school to be their errand boy. Whether it was cleaning up after the stylist appointments dropping off cloths or stocking items, Oiwa had been kept extremely busy. Still, it was a bit of a jarring change to lifestyle for the young boy, and Oiwa had to watch all his friends and comrades either graduate or accelerate themselves into advance classes.

No matter how many breaks Oiwa took to help his family in their shops, the building always remained the same. The only difference was the faces of the students who were rushing to their next class. Nowadays most of the kids seemed so young, which begged the question of whether the village was starting to train the next generation younger or if Oiwa was just getting to old to be a student.

Silently, Oiwa entered the smaller classroom and looked around. With it being his first day back in the academy, Oiwa had been tasked to have his mental, physical, and familiarity with the shinobi ways reassessed. Oiwa wondered how much he would even remember of his previous trainings. Looking around as he stepped in the wannabe shinobi would spot his teacher, someone who again was in medical dress.

“Hello sensei.” Oiwa would say speaking with a rather thick Kirigakurian accent “I am Hiromu Oiwa, and I was told to report here for a private class. Are you my sensei for the morning?"

With graceful steps, Oiwa would begin to walk towards the front of the class. Moving the side satchel that he wore with his father’s shop name designed on it, the boy would take a seat in the front row of the classroom to pull out the notebook the Hokage gave him what felt like years ago.

TWC: 380/1000
Post 1/5
MTF

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira watched the boy walk in as he looked at him for a moment a smile on his face as the boy took a seat at the front of the room, it was clear that he was here to learn and at least that was a good start, and eager at least so he would be teaching Oiwa today, interesting but at least with a private lesson he was not thrown into the deep end of classes straight away, he had to at least be happy with that.

"Good morning, my name is Yamamoto Akira, I am one of the Medical Chiefs serving the Medical Branch, but I figured today we would go back to basics really, and see what knowledge you have. So let's start with going right back to the basics, can you tell me your understanding of the branches, the purpose of each one and what their role is inside and then outside of the village, we can then look to cover the gaps in that knowledge, how does that sound?"

He kept a smile on his face, though Akira's smile wasn't exactly what would be considered to be a friendly smile, but at least it was something he supposed, the truth was now to see what this student could remember.

[TWC: 466/1,000]
[Post: 2/5]

Hiromu Oiwa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was nice to have a teacher that seemed friendly enough. Skimming the notebook, the red head would listen to the teacher’s introduction.

“It is nice to meet you, Sensei Yamamoto.” Oiwa said as he keenly listened to the teacher. The deeply tanned face of the student would light up for a moment when he was informed on where Akira wanted to start.

“Oh, I actually took a class very similar to this with the Hokage.” He told Akira with a nod. Oiwa would start to feverishly flip through the notebook to the front of it. Eventually he would find what he had written all those months ago.

“Here we go!” Oiwa would say as he started to scan through his hastily written notes. Clearing his throat a bit the eleven year old boy would begin to speak.

“So, starting with the main branch… They are just like the general shinobi of the village. They are like the ones that do the day-to-day operation of this village. They kind of fill the holes left by the other branches, like the police of the village, or even the teachers. They do the general missions that don’t require a degree of specialty.” Oiwa started as he paused a bit to allow Akira to speak on if he missed anything.

“Then there is like the ANBU branch. These are the specialized group of shinobi who do a lot of the high-profile missions, they handle the security of the village like the gates and also high level details like protecting the Hokage.” Oiwa said with a bit more of a falter. The more that Oiwa began to speak, the more his family’s natural island accent became apparent. The Yuki knew the least about this branch. Awkwardly he shifted a bit as he scanned his notes to make sure he said the last one correctly.

“Last one then would be the medical branch.” He told him. “Which you are a part of…” The island boy said as he looked at him. “The medical branch is basically in charge of the health of the village. They support not only the civilians, but the shinobi of the village. While, not known for their fighting skills in some situations, they can also find themselves on the front lines supporting other shinobi’s on missions.” Oiwa finally finished.

Word Count: 763/1000

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira listened to the words from Oiwa. It seemed like he had already been to a few of the lessons, and if at least one of these could even be the third one would mean that he would be eligible for his exam if he wished to take it, leaning back slightly in his chair as he listened to the boy respond to the questions that were being asked of him. Nodding to himself with each answer, it seemed he did have a general idea of what the branches did which was at least a very good starting point, but he also wanted to see how much further this knowledge went.

"So in regards to the branches, your summary is pretty much correct, that being said each branch does have a sub-branch within, these divisions do have a purpose and each one offers a different aspect to the branch, a focus area if you will, so considering you know what the branches do, are you aware of each of the sub-branches within?"

Akira leaned back his smile on his face as he waited to hear from the Student, this was more a test of how far his knowledge went and what areas would require work in today's lesson.

[TWC: 674/1,000]

Hiromu Oiwa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While Oiwa could sometimes be nervous about his answers, the red head was not really sure how much of a better answer he could have give. Oiwa was confident about two the answers he gave about the branches. Still, the student did not really know to much past the basics for any of the branches. The red headed child had basically read off the notes that he had in front of him in order to give the best possible answers that he could.

"Uhh... Much past those branches, I really don't know much. I mean, I know there is like the police in the main branch. They were really kind to my parents when my dad's clothing store was broken into this past year. I would assume as well that the medical branch has like shinobi that are station more in the village, and then some who are more apt to going out to field. I would then assume that the ANBU have groups that like handle assassinations and stuff, you know the super secret missions that can get the village into a war if they get caught. The ANBU corps also probably have a group that handles the gates and stuff. There is probably a group that is assigned to watching after the Hokage to protect him." Oiwa would state as he waited to hear how wrong he was about those positions.

With an anticipating tap of the penicl that Oiwa had between daintily holding between his fingers, Oiwa would wait to see how Akira would response to his questions.

Word Count: 1026/1000

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira continued to make eye contact with the student, it seemed that he at least had a head on his shoulders. As shown as well he had been paying attention to the basics about the branches, his notes had served him well and it seemed that he had taken the time to study what was being written. However now it allowed Akira to at least fill the gaps.

"You are correct, as most branches do have some different duties, and the sub-branches are the same in this format. So let us start with the beginning, the first one being the Main Branch, after all, this could be considered to be the backbone of the village, and where most Shinobi will work from day to day. You have the Konoha Security, which protects the village inside and outside as well, they look after the gates and just general public order. Then there is the Journeyman, which is for those wanting to each student, and lead Genin in the field as well as always considering training the next generation. The final part of the branch is the Hokage Guard, exactly what it says on the tin, they protect the Hokage are are normally the elite of the elite to make it into this branch."

Akira allowed a small pause to take place between the two of them for a few moments, knowing full well that the boy would probably want to write this down.

"Now onto my branch, the Medical Branch, this has a recent addition to the branches, which I am in charge of, however, we have the Research Division that looks for discoveries for medicine to assist. Medical Combat Division is exactly what it says on the tin, they go out with the Shinobi and aid groups in making sure our Shinobi safely return. Finally, the new division, Psychological Division, assists with recovering the mind, trauma, and other issues that a Shinobi under pressure can experience."

Again after the very quick description, he paused allowing Oiwa to catch up on the writing that had to be done and considering how this would go.

"Honestly I keep away from the ANBU and never focused on them too much, unfortunately, I will be patchy on this, but there are three branches, Assassination Squad, Inquisitors, and Diplomacy. I am not sure of their full role but that is the sub-branches. So after hearing all of this are any of the branches here something that sticks out to you, or even a specific sub-branch?"

[MFT: 420]
[TWC: 1,094/1,000]
[Post: 4/5]

Hiromu Oiwa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oiwa would be proud that he was making a good impression on the medical chief. The red head child would shift forward as he waited for the proper answers. Some of his stylized hair would fall over his green eye causing the boy to quickly try to swipe it out of his field of vision. A faint smile would form on his deeply tan face when Akira told him that he was correct about his basic answer. It seemed though that Oiwa was not as in depth as he should have been. Starting to scribble, the boy's sloppy handwriting could be seen trying to scribble down each sub group on the main branch. Two of them made one sense, but the Hokage Guard one caused questions for the academy student.

"Doesn't it make more sense for the ANBU branch to be watching the Hokage? From everything I heard that branch has the most skilled shinobi." Oiwa would ask to take advantage of the pause in speaking. The Medic though then got to talk about his own branch, which was something he would get a lot of information about the branch. It seemed like they most recently added a new branch called research to the branch. Then it seemed that there was the the general combat division and finally a division to deal with all the trauma and stress that came with potentially killing hundreds of people in a career.

"So I did not hear anything about tending to civilian's like my parents. Does that not fall under the medical branch? Is there a separate pathway for people who want to do that?" The boy asked curiosuly. Of course there had to be something for everyone who need medical attention, and not everyone was shinobi in this village. Finally then, Akira wrapped up with the discussion of the ANBU branch, and with the little information that the teacher had. There was a lot less scribbled down due to the lack of information. The red head would even think that he may need to find more information about the ANBU branch somehow. Tapping a bit on the note book with the tip of his pencil, the kid would look up at the teacher.

"I mean there are a lot of options of course, but I think maybe Konoha Security seems pretty cool. You get to interact with a lot people. I think given my background, I think that the ANBU diplomacy branch might be something I could excel at." He told the teacher in a rather friendly way.

MFT: 427
Post Count 4/5
Word Count: Minimum Reached Last Post

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira nodded to himself as he listened to the boy speak, it seemed he had hopes and expectations for himself, this was always a good start to life. He nodded as he listened to the replies, though he knew that some of the questions were not bad to have in the mindset, change and innovation were always something that should be built upon. Listening he checked the clock seeing that the time was always running out, but this was just the way the lessons would go.

"The Main Branch the reason is simple, so they can be present and have faces, it's better to work in the open than be forced to be in the shadows, this is the way the Hokage Guard works best. As for the Medical Branch, while it highers people without skills in Jutsu, or those not assigned to the Shinobi life, this is not inside the branches, falling to general duties would be covered by them most of the time."

He allowed the last part to come to the boy's mind and nodded to him, as he listened, allowing him to get a pen and paper out he knew full well that he could at least get Oiwa a foot in the door, he would have to do the rest on his own but that is life.

"Well the class is finished, you have a strong grip but I feel it's time you step up from the Academy, and hand this note to Nara Shizukesa. He is the Head Jounin of the Main Branch and will help you get a step in the door at least, speak to him and take your future in your hand"

He allowed himself to finish writing and seal the letter, before taking it and handing it across to Oiwa with his seal on it. Leaving the classroom and the boy to mold his future.

[TWC: 1,409/1,000]
[Post: 5/5]
[Topic Left]
[Please Claim Rewards for Completion of the Class after last post]

Hello Shizukesa,

I believe this boy is ready to be given an exam or be ready for promotion to the main branch, please give him a chance and discuss his future with him, he has shown interest in the Main Branch specifically your branch of Security, please discuss the options with him and assess him as you want.

Kind regards,
Yamamoto Akira

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back