Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Breakfast with the Family [Private]

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The Sasaki family was enjoying themselves this morning. Having woken up to the smell of eggs and fried rice, Ko had wandered down the cramped stairs of his family's house towards the kitchen, careful not to step on any of the papers that were strewn up the staircase. Poking his head through the doorway, Ko could see his father going over some papers at their modest table while his mother stood in front of the kitchen stove attending to some food that she was making. It wasn't exactl spacious, but Ko really did like the house that the three of them lived in. It had two small bedrooms—Ko's room was just large enough for a small bed, a cramped desk, and a little closet for all of his things—a single bathroom, and a small combined kitchen and dining room. The two bedrooms were upstairs, and the kitchen and bathroom were downstairs. The place got a little dusty sometimes, but Ko didn't really mind. It was small and modest, but that also made it comforting and close. He got to see his parents every day, and the three of them were very close. Ko smiled as he sat down at the kitchen table, his father and mother looking over to greet him. "Ko, sweetie, did you finish all your homework last night?" The young boy chuckled to himself. His mother was always very adamant about how he was doing in school. "Yes mother, I did. It was just a little bit of ninjutsu theory." His mother pouted slightly as she cooked. She was always supportive of Ko's decision to enroll at the Academy, but she'd always made a bit of a fuss over him about it. "Just be careful, okay? Those shinobi can be a bit rough sometimes..." "I know, mother. I will be." His father chimed in on the conversation, looking up from the papers that he was looking at. "I'm sure Ko is just fine. The Academy is hard, but they're not going to let anything happen to the students." Ko watched his mother give her husband a sideways look, as if to say that she disapproved. Still, not much more was said on the matter. His mother was busy scooping servings of rice and egg onto plates for all of them.

"I was thinking that the three of us could go out somewhere today? Maybe go for a walk together around The Dawnbringer Plaza?" His mother placed the food down in front of him as she suggested the idea. Ko couldn't even think at the moment, he was so hungry. He waited for his father to respond. "Mei, what about all the inventory I'm going to have to take? We've got a huge shipment coming in tomorrow, an-" "Oh come on, you can get one of your employees to do that! You've been working yourself to the bone, lately." Ko ate his rice while his parents quibbled. They always nagged at each other like this, so Ko didn't really mind. His father had been working a lot lately, so he hoped that his father would listen to his mother; however, it wasn't his place to add his opinion on the matter. His father looked like he was thinking it over, though. Picking up his bowl of rice and a pair of chopsticks, his father answered begrudgingly. "...I guess you're right. It has been a while since we've done anything together..." That was as much as his mother would be able to get out of his father, and Ko knew it. She got a little smirk on her face, as if she'd won a small victory. Happily picking up her bowl, she brought it closer to herself to begin eating.

Suddenly, a knock was heard at the door. His mother, Mei, looked over towards the door with a bit of a startled jump. Looking back towards her husband and her son, she flashed them both a small smile. "Who could that be, at this time?" Placing her food back down on the table, the woman got up to walk towards the door. She seemed hesitant, though maybe that was Ko's imagination. The young boy continued to eat his rice while his mother went to open the door, though he'd be lying if he said he wasn't glancing over regularly to see what was going on.

[ooc: Calling Tetsuya. Left it fairly vague for you to do what you want.]

Tetsuya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
e7d42dee39ad59ee2c4c77af07018877.jpg

A month ago I walked into this bar, lay ten grand on the counter, and asked for the deed. The owner just stared at me, not saying anything, just letting tears fall. I knew he didn't want to sell his place, it's been his family for three generations. But he knew I wasn't giving him a choice. See, I own a little corner of Cronopolis, not all that important, not all that profitable. But people know my name because of how I got it. It used to be run by this small time gang, and one night my cousins and I chased down every member, and tore each limb from their bodies. Simply because I needed what they had, and now I needed this man's bar. I could see every thought on his face, wondering if he could take me in a fight. He gave it to me.

Now I'm sitting here, surrounded by first cousins, discussing a matter I decided on hours ago. I would've said something, but we've never been as close as my father was with his cousins, their parents. The pain of these last twenty years have made it difficult to connect with each other, we've been too consumed by grief to care about one another. And it shows, people are leaving the family constant. Others walk away, most die. So when we are all together, speaking, and eating, and smiling I make a point of not interrupting.

So when things start to calm down, and everyone has said their piece I rise to speak. " I understand the hesitation, we do not attack family, we live to protect them. But these decrepit old men are not family, they are cancer. And if we don't do something now, my child won't have a clan to belong to when he's born. For twenty years they've made us suffer through filth, and sickness because they value their beliefs over our lives. Most of our cousins have never left the estate, never gone to school, never read a book. They are ignorant and afraid of the outside world, the stories these men have told them. They fear the world more than they death, I haven't been able to convince a single one to visit the hospital. They call us monsters, the heartless ones. But having less heart does not mean we don't feel, as a matter of fact, I'm angry. So we're doing this, we're going to cut them down. The Elders are through. Now what we need is a plan, we'll talk later tonight, everybody go get some rest.

Can someone pass me the attendance sheet? I noticed we were missing a few people. Kiyo, you did send an invitation to everyone, yeah?"

"Yes, sir."

"Bring me the addresses of everyone who didn't show up, and tell my wife I won't be home any time soon, I have some house calls to make"

"Yes, sir."

I let those who wanted to leave the estate go with the understanding that our family ties would remain intact, If I called they would come. So to refuse an invitation of such importance is to go on back on that agreement, and I won't stand for it. They might as well have spit in my face. Usually I'd delegate this to the brothers, but they lose control of their temper when they're sleep deprived. Can't have any child of Masaru ending up dead.

My knock was a bit heavy handed, I wasn't sure about the time, but it was early, and I would wake them if I had to. "Is anyone up? I wouldn't want to bring this door down" I laughed, only half kidding. "I need to talk with you all, you haven't been home in awhile."

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The voice on the other side of the door sounded like a man's voice. Ko could hear the words, but they didn't really mean much to him. Whatever their meaning, though, they sounded threatening. The things he was saying made no sense. His mother seemed unsure of what to do, hesitating between answering the door and not. She looked worried. Ko turned to look at his father—he looked mortified. Ko had never seen his father like this, and picked up fairly quickly that something was wrong. His father looked at him, mouthing the word "upstairs" to him. Ko scampered off, making pattering sounds all the way up. He was sure the man outside, whoever he was, could have heard it. As Ko made it upstairs, he quickly threw on some proper clothes and grabbed the gourd that he used to carry the special black sand that he could manipulate. While still upstairs, he heard the sound of the door being opened—at least it wasn't being knocked down—and then he began to hear a conversation beginning. "Tetsuya, what the hell are you doing here?!" Ko hurried, grabbing everything he could possibly think of and then quietly sneaking back down the stairs. He wanted to see what was going on. He saw the door, barely ajar with his father standing next to the opening. His mother stood a slight bit back, though seemed heavily intent upon whatever was going on down there. He'd never heard his father that upset, nor his mother that terrified. Who was this man?

"This is my house, now. This is my family, now. I don't want anything more to do with you, or the rest of them. I'm done with that. This family has no connections with your family anymore." What the hell was his father talking about? Did he know this man? Ko was getting really curious. Who was this guy? Why was his father so angry with him? He sat quietly, trying not to be seen. He was sure if his father or mother saw him watching, he'd be in big trouble. It wouldn't be good if he got caught trying to listen in on something dramatic like this.

[ooc: Sorry for the crap post. When more starts happening, it'll be better. Promise! ]

Tetsuya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OoC: Yeah same, I'm a little rusty]

I was bleeding. In the time that it took my cousin to finish his thoughts I had already made several shallow cuts along the side of my neck, and the back of my knuckles. Anger, for me, was best managed by creating pain. Because then I had something more important than his disrespect to focus on.

"Hayato-kun, it's been awhile. And still I remember that bass in your voice, the one that didn't sound so right on a ten year old. I remember that passion for family, your love for Mei. And I remember those cuts on your cheek. The one thing I don't remember is... you being. This. Stupid! The last man who spoke to me in such a tone of voice had the skin peeled from his arms. And the only reason, the only reason, I haven't snatched you're head from your body is because we're family. Now I'll forgive you for these words, but so much as look at me sideways, and I'll paint your house three shades of red."

"You do have a son don't you?", I laughed, pushing my way inside.

"My Family? Your Family? Our name is Sasaki, you are a child of Masaru, and you will fulfill your responsibilities. EACH OF YOU! So enough of this nonsense, come home and return to the clan, or sleep with your eyes open. Rise hoping you survive the day, hoping your child survives"

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hayato never flinched. He knew Tetsuya too well, knew what kind of man he was. It was precisely why he'd left. Hayato could be ruthless, sure, but the Head of the Sasaki was a whole new level of masochistic and sadistic. The way he cut himself to distract himself was evidence enough of that. Hayato never wanted that life, and he was damn well not going back to it now. Hayato had been doing a well enough job of keeping himself calm, despite his firm words—his eyes went wide and his face went livid, though, when the bleeding man mentioned Ko. He tried to keep him out of the house, but Tetsuya had always been the stronger of the two. "Don't you dare touch him! I swear to god, if you so much as look at him!" The man was inside their house, wandering about. He was spouting things about family, the name Sasaki being said. Ko didn't understand, that was his name. He didn't know this man. Did he?

Thee bleeding man's words were odd. The young boy, still hiding at the top of the stairs, still didn't understand exactly what the man wanted. What kind of responsibilities was he talking about? His father was following the man, trying to stay in front of him with questionable success. "No Tetsuya! I told you before, I'm done with the Sasaki. I'm done with that life. I'm done questioning whether what I'm doing is for the good of the clan or not. I'm done!" Ko was so confused. What was his father talking about? "When I left, I told you that I would never be returning. I don't know if you thought that was a joke or not, but I was serious. I will not raise my family in that trash heap you call home!" Hayato knew he was crossing a lot of lines. He didn't care. He had to make a stand now, or else he might never rid himself of this specter following him around everywhere. He would nip this in the butt now. He just had to get Tetsuya out of the door befor-

A small avalanche of books fell down the stairs. Hayato let out an exasperated sigh as he closed his eyes. He really hadn't wanted that to happen. Ko had slipped, accidentally knocking the piles of books down the stairs. The bleeding man was sure to notice his presence now. The silver haired boy slowly came down the stairs—since he'd already been exposed, he should just accept it. He had his hand by the small gourd at his side, ready to unseal the black sand contained within. His silver eyes were focused on Tetsuya, his enemy. "Why are you threatening my father?" "Ko, go back upstairs. Lock your door and-" "I want to know what's going on. Who is this man?" His father didn't know what to do. He couldn't quite speak, choked up and unable to get any words out. Ko wanted answers, and he had the feeling that his parents weren't going to give them to him. That meant the only one here who might tell him was this man. Ko didn't trust him, but he knew what Ko wanted to know. "You said 'our' name is Sasaki. Explain."

Tetsuya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OoC: Got an error while trying to submit last night, lost most of what I write, got discouraged. Here's this to keep thing moving.]

Growing up the monster that kept me from sleep didn't hide in closets, or under the bed, it tucked me in at night. Made sure I did homework, and reminded me every day how much he loved me. Growing up there was nothing more terrifying to me than my father. I loved him, but that fear defined our relationship. It has defined every relationship between father and child from Masaru to me. It is tradition to for a parent to exude a constant aura of pure murderous intent. An aura of such quality that his child will spend his years never quite sure that his father won't suddenly wake in the middle of the night, creep to his room, and slay him while he sleeps. It's how we learn to dream with one eye open, it's how we learn to measure the strength of our enemies, it's why we would never disrespect our parents. It keeps us in line, and alive. Because a Sasaki's natural response to disrespect is to "Rip the tongue from his mouth -- let him bleed out on the floor, Hayato-Kun He speaks over you, ignores your directives. Is this what you're protecting? Weakness? Has he not felt the pressure of your bloodlust?! Have you not trained him for his duties?

We are Children of Masaru, you fool. We have a responsibility to protect our clan. Are family is dying on that 'trash heap', and you do not have the option of turning your back on them. This Boy, addresses me like he's my equal. He has much to learn, and if you don't come willingly.. I'm taking him by force. You hear that Boy? You're coming with me

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
What the hell was wrong with this man. Ko stood before a man who had suggested that his father that he should rip out his own son's tongue and let him "bleed out on the floor," in his own words. Ko couldn't believe this. The man only continued to go on about weakness, responsibility, and violence. There was something off about him, Ko could tell. Something wasn't quite right about this entire situation. Ko was about to speak up, to talk back to the man, but his father chimed in first. His voice was stoic, almost emotionless. "Ko, get back up to your room." "Father, I can't just let this ma-" "ENOUGH!" Ko was shocked. He'd never seen his father so angry, nor had he ever yelled at the young child like that before. He looked over to his mother, who had a hand over her mouth and a look of terror in her eyes. She didn't seem to know what to do either. Looking back at his father, he noticed something else in his eyes.At first glance, one might only be able to see anger and frustration. Pain. Confusion. But deeper down, still, he saw regret and remorse. Desperation. "Please, Ko. Listen to your father..." The young boy grew silent. He couldn't bring himself to fight his father on this. He slowly walked up the stairs, casting back at him an angry look towards the intruder. The stairs creaked all the way up, and the closing of a door signified that Ko had actually went into his room. The room was silent for a second, Hayato trying to gauge the situation a little better. The man let out a sigh, trying to think during this stressful time. He rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"If I go with you, now, to see the rest of the family, will you leave us alone?" Hayato was bargaining. He had to. He would not allow his family to go live with them, and the only way it seemed they'd be allowed to stay here is if he showed continual interest and concern for the family matters. Mei walked towards him, clutching him in her arms. Tears stained the man's shirt as she did. "Darling, no! Don't reason with him! We can...we..." Tears again. She couldn't help it. They thought they'd rid themselves of that life years ago. Tetsuya showing up like this, unannounced and angry, had set them off guard. The best course of action was muddied up by pondering and speculation. There was a heavy silence in the air, followed by the reluctant sound of Hayato's voice. "If I go, and regularly return, you leave Mei and Kotsuko out of this." Yes, he was reluctant. However, he was still a Sasaki. He still had his pride. He would not be pushed around like this. "Those are my terms, Tetsuya."

It was good that they were all embroiled in this topic. When people get enraptured in a topic, they tend not to notice small things that were amiss. Especially well disguised things. An eye, comprised of black sand, was floating near top of the hall. Hidden partially by the columns of the stair handle, the eye watched what was happening closely. Sound traveled easier than sight, which explained the lack of a floating ear as well. It was dubious as to whether either man would notice the technique, but it was doing a very good job at remaining unnoticed. It didn't want to be found, after all—it just wanted to observe.

Tetsuya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I didn't let the relief touch my face, what I would do with a child in times as trying as these was beyond me. And had my cousin called my bluff I would've had no choice but to take the boy, just to prove I could. I wanted a Sasaki, not some watered down half breed. His father was a great asset before he left, and I would do anything to have him back. It seems the longer I wait, the softer he becomes

"Hayato-Kun, my wife has always adored you. We both know I could have you all dragged back to the estate, kicking and screaming. But I am in no condition to handle a month's worth of disapproving looks from the mother of my children. So here are my terms, you pack up your things, you walk out that door, you return home, and you stay there. Just you though, these other two can go wherever wish. In fact I'll give my word that I won't ever pursue them. I believe that's what some would call... generosity."

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"NO! Don't you take him from me!" Mei's words pierced through the air like a knife as she moved to place herself between her husband and this man. She looked him dead in the eyes, keeping his gaze with her tear-clouded vision. She wasn't just about to let him take her husband away. "He's not staying there! I won't allow that!" Where had this fountain of bravery and courage come from? Desperation, perhaps? It wasn't quite clear, but one thing was for sure: she wasn't backing down on this. "Mei, darling, please don't do th-" "You being there is just as bad as us all being there. I'm not going to sit by and watch my family be dragged apart by all of this..." Hayato didn't know what to say. He couldn't believe this. He'd been keeping his cool for a while now, trying to remain in control. But this...seeing his wife like this...it was too much for him. He rested his head on her shoulder, sobbing silently into her neck. He whispered in her ear, "Thank you..." and tried to pull himself together. Her arm reached back to touch his head.

Hayato regained his composure, and moved himself next to his wife. He wouldn't let her take the full brunt of this, and instead opted to take it with her. They were partners, teammates, and the greatest duo you could ask for. He wasn't going to just let her do this alone. The two of them would work together. "Tetsuya, my wife is right. I let you get to me, and for a moment there I faltered...I see now that that was foolish. This family is all that I care about in this world. If you want to take them from me, or take me from them, then you're going to die trying. I'm not going to be pushed around by you any more, cousin." Hayato stopped to look at the man. He sized him up, this deranged relative of his. He remembered everything he'd ran away from, and how awful it all had been. He remembered how soul crushing the work was, and how he hated every minute of it. He wouldn't go back there. Not so long as he had a family that loved and supported him. "Get out of my house, cousin." The finality was apparent. This conversation was over. Hayato would have no part in this, and Tetsuya would just have to accept it. "Or, would you rather I call the police to escort you out?"

Tetsuya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"This is the part where I get angry, right? Where I spew fire, and break things. But cousin you forget how much I care for you. We're family, and It would destroy me to hurt you. Look, the Elders have made the others afraid of us, afraid of the outside world. They refuse food, medicine, and help. If things continue like this the few children of Masaru still alive will be all that's left of the clan. You might not be pulling nails, but letting family die preventable deaths isn't any less cruel.

We aren't as weak, or as poor as we were when you left. We have the strength, and the resources to restore the clan to what it was when our parents were alive, but the other branches resist change. And our ancestors have endowed them with the power to keep us in line, their jutsus were specifically designed to pacify us. They are three times as many, and against them we are twice as weak. We have spent months on a plan to gain control of the clan, part of that plan includes seizing every bit of the arms trade in Cronopolis, you're the only person qualified to handle traffic of that size. I won't have a lone dissident be the reason our clan ceases to exist."

I took a breath, and walked toward the window. I knew the brothers were close, maybe not within earshot, but they always managed to keep me in their sights. I made a motion through the glass, and waited for their arrival. Which didn't take more than a second or two,"Kenji", I said " I need you to return to the bar, and tell Masaaki of my location. Tell him to prepare the big pots, and the seasoning, because I've found tonight's dinner.

I've never tasted the flesh of 'kin', but if your son and wife are the only things standing between me, and you I guess I'll have to develop a taste for it."
, I said letting a single blade fall from my sleeve. "They are standing in my way aren't they?"

This was his last chance, there was only one response that wouldn't end in bloodshed

<i></i>

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
What the hell was he saying? Hayato remembered a violent and dangerous man, but not this. Not a killer of kin. The shining blade reflected the light, creating a glimmer that showcased its intense cutting abilities. It was a shame too, because Tetsuya's words in the beginning had been rather convincing. Hayato had thought something could be worked out, but now it was fairly obvious of where his choices lay. He had thought, for a moment, that perhaps they could be civilized gentlemen. Apparently not. Tetsuya was making his blood boil, poking at parts of him that he'd locked away long ago. A chill ran up his spine as the gears in his head turned. He felt it again, the cold and calculated blood lust that he once felt. He could feel his Sasaki heritage running thick through his veins. "Tetsuya, my cousin, I swear to god if you try to lay one finger on my family I'll rip your fucking throat out." Tetsuya had done it. He'd poked and prodded at Hayato just enough to bring out his side of him. Mei looked back at her husband, recognizing that side of him with a look of bewilderment. "Dear, I..." "Mei, my love, stop. I need you to move aside so that I can kill this fucker once and for all." He didn't shout, which is probably what made it so scary and frightening to see. He was perfectly aware of himself, not in some passionate rage. It was menacing.

For a while, Hayato merely sized up his enemy. This man, with the blades shining, was standing in his home, threatening his family. Hayato saw Tetsuya for what he truly was: a murderous swine. "Tetsuya, you fucking fool, you have no leverage here. Let's say that you do kill my family to get me to help you.." Mei gasped at these words, not believing the words her husband was saying. He shot her a look, telling her to be quiet and to let him finish. He was scaring her. "...that would never work. I'd sooner slash my own throat then help you after that. And if that happens, well then I guess the family is just going to crumble away anyways..." He let out a light chuckle. His sadistic sense of humor was starting to return. "Face it Tetsuya, you need me far more than I need you. You want me to cooperate? You know what you can do?" The Sasaki leaned in towards his kin. He motioned for him to come closer, so that he might tell him a secret. When he was sufficiently close, Hayato began with a calm and gentle manner. "You can go right ahead...AND PISS THE FUCK OFF BACK TO YOUR SHIT HOLE YOU CALL A HOME." Hayato wouldn't be fucking pushed around by this little shit. Threatening his wife and child, what a fucking coward. The death stare Hayato gave this man was enough to make one's spine tingle with fear. "You want my help? Don't be a fucking coward and threaten my family. Be a man, and reason with me, personally."

This entire situation had escalated far beyond anyone could have imagined. The two Sasaki were staring each other down at this point, no doubt waiting for the other to make the next move. Would Tetsuya come to his senses? Or would he continue down the path of murder and intimidation? Hayato had finally come out of his shell again, regaining that spark that made him a Sasaki. Maybe that's what Tetsuya had wanted all along, to push him until his 'true self' revealed itself again? Who knows? All that was known for certain was that Hayato wasn't backing down from this. He held his ground, showing the Sasaki Clan leader that he was not a man to be messed with. Either he would respect that and back down, or he would retaliate with force. Hayato wasn't sure which way he would go from here.

Tetsuya

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"There you are... Hayato-san. We were wondering when you'd show up. This world away from us, as strange as it is, has a knack for erasing the parts of ourselves that spell Sasaki. I'm glad to see the you I know isn't completely gone from this world, I'm glad to see that our blood still boils the same. It's interesting how resilient that part of you is, to survive out here all these years. I've began to realize that Children of Masaru don't have a choice, we can try to be different, but ultimately we end up right back where we started. Eight families I visited today, eight kin who thought that distance would cure them, and each cracked like you just did.

Now, we both know damn well I won't kill any of you, I was never going too. But I am not a man of reason, and we are not equals. So when I tell you to return home, that's exactly what I expect you to do. Because you see my world is ten times more dangerous now than it was when you abandoned us. My wife was almost murdered in the streets a few months ago, because of the price on my head. I've made a lot of enemies in this village, and throughout the country. And all of them would love nothing more than to have my severed head placed at their feet, but they'd settle for just wounding me. And that's why they've begun targeting those I care for, anyone with Sasaki as their last name. I'm sure Kenji is at the bar now gathering the posters, the ones with your faces, names, and address on it. I can't imagine it'll take long before they're plastered all over Cronopolis, and you know how quickly word travels through this country. Your days as a merchant are done, to trade with you would put one's life in danger. You'll be hunted constantly

You have so few choices now. Might you reconsider my offer?"

I knew I could have Masaaki constantly following, constantly relying their location to those who shouldn't have it.I wasn't at all worried about their response, because ultimately.. they'd see I was their only safety.

Edited: Completed final thought

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"No." Hayato's gaze was firm and his words inelastic. He was staunch in his position, like a cliff side stands before a coming wave. Nothing moved the cliff, and neither would Tetsuya move Hayato. "You're not one to reason, huh? You'd rather strong arm me into working with you through blackmail? Fuck off Tetsuya, you don't get to have your cake and eat it too. I either help you or I don't, and either way I'm staying here. The only question is..." Hayato's hand dropped down to his side, willing the metal blade on the kitchen counter into motion. It raised in the air, guided by a magnetic force that was invisible to the man who stood before him. It was an old ability, a bloodline limit called a Kekkei Genkai, that allowed the Sasaki the ability to manipulate metal and to project his chakra as magnetic forces all around him. His level of skill was so precise, and so accurate, that he could freely manipulate any ferrous material around him. It was a potent ability, one not to be taken lightly.

The blade floated in mid air, it's blade pointed at the intruder. Hayato's face was calm and collected in the face of potential cold blooded murder. "...the question is, are you going to cooperate with that outcome or not? Think carefully, and make sure that your threats will really get you what you want..."

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —​

Back in his room, Ko was confused. None of this made any sense to the young boy. Things were being set in motion downstairs, but he could do nothing to understand the situation. This was not the man that he knew to be his father. This man was...cold...and distant. He wasn't the caring father he knew. And furthermore, had his father always been able to use the Jiton element? Why had he never told Ko about this? Why so many secrets?

There was a dark side to all of this. It was a deep story, deeper than this simple exchange could possibly hope to reveal. Ko would have to dig deeper to really find things out. To understand, and to know what was really going on, he'd have to ask more questions. He would have to listen more. He concentrated back to the external eye, observing the scene unfolding below. He hoped he would have to intervene, to help his father if needed. This man who'd entered their home...he was dangerous. Ko could tell that much. He would watch, and observe—should the need for his assistance come, the young boy was ready.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back