Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Brewgakure

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Brewgakure

Amid the colorful canopies and the buzz of consumers there was a single establishment that stood out. It was a ten story multi-tiered building covered in lush green plants that partially obscured the black tinted windows. Over the door, partially hidden by a stack of crates left in the middle of the cement walk path was a gaudy blinking neon sign that proclaimed: Brewgakure. The beat of music that could be felt underfoot and the lit sign were the only signs that the establishment was open but the bar was always open, word of mouth had a way of getting around. Since the bar's opening night several weeks ago, Brewgakure has been a local hot spot for sailors, pirates, shoppers, merchants and ironically enough shinbobis.

The bar was rather typical, a long hardwood bar spanned the length of the establishment that was lined with a row of padded stools. There were several waist high tables with a set of stools tucked beneath although most were perpetually occupied and a few booths in the back of the bar where the lights were let down real low. Often live music or entertainment played on the stage, however that was not what made Brewgakure remotely interesting, rather it was the "authentic shinobi experience" that they offered. The wait staff were all "shinobis" who specialized in stealth, dramatic displays of "shinobi magic" and combat. Owned by the renowned entrepreneur and philanthropist, Aburabuta Hirotomi the bar opened the week of the international shinobi examination and has drawn quite the crowd naturally but perhaps to add to their 'authentic nature' they have an offer for shinobis -- perform for 10 minutes, get free drinks for the night.

The shinobis have indeed heard his call, many arriving around first call providing a majority of the evening's entertainment while the waitstaff confound and astound their patrons with their clever use of sheets painted to resemble the walls and the floor so that they could 'disappear without a trace' and their ability to use their powerful ninjutsu to summon various strong spirits and ales for paying customers out of thin air or perhaps a false-bottom on their serving tray. Apparently a true shinobi never shares their secrets.

Csur3tm.png

Aburabuta Hirotomi
The Businessman

Establishment owner, he was a well-dressed man quietly sat down in a booth at the back of the club. He seemed to have no interest in the bright lights, the music or the people gyrating to the rhythm. He laid the white napkin on his lap and ordered a bottle of wine, an expensive... the most expensive bottle of white. He seemed uninterested in small talk as he handed the waiter a folded bill wordlessly and waved him off, not even allowing the waiter to uncork and pour him a drink but the waiter left the corkscrew behind. Buried to its neck in the cork, with ease and a sudden *pop* the bottle was opened. The man sniffed the cork, taking in the fruity bouquet before he poured himself a glass of the golden liquid.

And he was not alone.
7QWdGZu.jpg

Ishii Susumu
Heir Apparent - The Messenger

There was an obviously younger man sitting in the same booth. He was not quiet as well dressed, he was wearing something that was daresay 'casual' in comparison. A loose fitting mandarin-collared shirt that hung over a pair of pants made of the same material. They appeared to be in the midst of a discussion, Susumu watching the door from his vantage point. "He should arrive soon," Susumu assured the well-dressed gentleman.

"I hope so... or rather you will hope so, you're taking quite the risk here."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
After much forethought. Considerations of near limitless time. Sousuke had figured out what to wear. Brewgakure was an establishment that was ... well ... it did not really compare to anything in the Diamond District. To Sousuke it looked like something from the Grand Palaias except worse. It caused wrinkles to form in the forehead of the Kazekage, which was in part due to the wide eyed stare he gave the place. He looked at the ... uhm... overgrown mass? Did civilization just ... die here? Was the idea that one was supposed to return to the jungle? Was this someone's faded memory that was trying to manifest itself? Sousuke's eyes traced the various hanging shrubberies. No. No. This was real. He was quite happy he did not dress himself up for this. He wore simple clothes. A pair of blue jeans that were ripped at the knees. A hand-me-down Kuro had given him. They needed hemming, which Sousuke had done. He had tried to patch the knees at various points, but always found that it wore out. He wore a black shirt that had white feral looking eyes, and teeth with a white tongue coming out of the mouth that was quite long and two pronged.

Yup. Sousuke was glad he did not wear the suit Rioshi had packed for him. It would have gotten dirty, torn, destroyed probably. With his metallic hand he pinched the fabric of his shirt and looked down. This was his favourite shirt. He didn't want this to get torn either. For a single moment he considered going in bear chested. He did like the shirt that much. Mad King bears chest to the world. Makes public chest nudity a thing. Sousuke's brow furrowed. His eyes narrowed. Nope. Nope. Nope. The shirt could be remade if worse came to worse. This was going to be one of those risk things he would have to take. Could he afford a new debacle? Not really.

People were coming and going into this facility. So. Best foot forward. Susumu chose this place for a reason. Sousuke had indeed hoped it was a good reason. Sousuke would sigh as he pushed the doors open to this place. Well, here goes nothing...

Oh by the Assets of the Ancients, this placed smelled horrible. Sousuke's eyes would quickly dart around the place drinking in what details he could. Hardwood. Okay. Typical. Terrible music. Okay. Fine. No. NOT FINE. NOT OKAY. Next. Typical bar tables. Booths. People. People on top of people. People wearing odd outfits that reminded him of an employee of his from a long time ago...

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Csur3tm.png

Aburabuta Hirotomi
The Businessman
|
7QWdGZu.jpg

Ishii Susumu
Heir Apparent
[/col]

"It would appear that he has arrived," Susumu announced as he took a sip from his glass.

"Oh. Him," Aburabuta frowned. "He looks like a mugging victim," he complained.

"He is fine-fine-fine, him and me are great friends," Susumu replied.

Meanwhile a waiter arrived, he was wearing a headband for an unknown village because the village was entirely made-up. A single music note pounded into the metal. The waiter ran his hand through a series of handseals, none of which were actual handseals and then the sound of a motor could be heard along with the vibrilatory sense felt through the table as a group of drinks and appetizers were brought up on a hidden hydraulic lift. The arrangement of food and drink emerged with a puff of blue smoke and when that happened the waited dropped immediately to the floor, tossing a blanket over himself that looked similar to the grain of the floor and he inched off 'unseen.'

"Bro-kage! Susumu shouted, waving his hand. "Come and sit with me and your future mortal enemy!"

OC: Also "bear chested" Ray...
Bear Chested

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke was amidst a difficult place. Details. People around him. Time would stand still for a moment as he grew hyper observant of his surroundings. His dark eyes raced about. He did not have the hearing of a Hashigaki or the smell of an Inuzuka but he still had keen observation senses. He would watch as a waitress would walk towards a puddle on the ground. No doubt one of the patrons had spilled their drink on the ground and not thought to alert the staff of it. He watched as she was about to step on it. Heels, and the particular kind she had did not have the grip necessary. Mistep. Waitress slides. Bumps into individual. Platter goes flying. Bottles break. Series of arguments and allegation occurs. Patron loses temper. Proceeds to fight. Chairs used as a weapons. Damage to the head. Severe trauma. Sousuke closed his eyes for a split second. Now fix. The Kazekage would phase warp to the side of side of the waitress. "Madame. I daresay you would find a better route. Turn ninty degrees, step three times, and then turn another ninety degrees."<i></i> The waitress in question would give him a strange look. He would merely point to the puddle on the ground. "Your ... for a lack of better term, shoes would not do well walking on that. I do suspect your employer would also most prefer a situation of less ... broken glass."<i></i> She blinked. Thanked him and moved on accordingly curiously taking a series of very confident strides. Moments later she would return with a towel to clean up the mess. Sousuke would tap the side of his head.

His ears were burning. Why? Usually this meant someone was talking about him. Sousuke would again have a look around. Listen to what conversations were going on ... wait. Dark hair. White suit. Was that ... Aburaburta Hirotomi? Sousuke never had dealings with the man. He had considered the man to be a morally insane individual. His father had dealings with his father. Sousuke never heard his father speak anything nice about the man. There were rumors that Hirotomi wasn't exactly the legal heir to his father's wealth, but he was the accepted one. Sousuke watched him he was talking to... Susumu? Okay. Sousuke watched his lips move. Lip reading was something he could do, but it wasn't always reliable. Mugging? Well. Sure. Why not. Hirotomi was proving to be just as questionable as his father was. Sousuke was called over to the table by Susumu. Sousuke would indeed go over to them. "It's been little over an hour, and you already have another nickname for me. How ..."<i></i> Sousuke stopped for a moment. Was it nice? No. Was it irritable. No. "How ... different."<i></i> At this time their food would arrive as would the server who would proceed with some weird foreign sign language. Their food would appear and then he would throw a blanket on himself and disappear by walking off in a different direction. Sousuke looked troubled and confused. "Is ... everything okay? I do believe that man failed to communicate in sign language and ... threw a blanket over himself."<i></i> At the announcement of his new mortal enemy Sousuke would grit his teeth. "I have enough of those. Most of them are not human."<i></i> Mikaboshi. Mother Suna. Homura. Fuujin. Susumu's father. The Phoenix Force. Sovereign members one through nine. Shouki. Sixteen mortal enemies. Four which Sousuke would have to best with technology. One of the Sovereign was a machine himself, which would make things difficult, seeing as how ... well ... this one turn into a standoff of metal. Anything you can do, I can do better. I can do anything better than you. Sousuke wondered if Shouki sung that song to himself on occasion, or his father for that matter. Mikaboshi himself probably sung that song on repeat in his head. "I wouldn't say that Mr. Aburabuta is my future mortal enemy. I mean he did live in Suna and now has moved to Soon's. I suspect the reason being ... a wider and more competitive market."<i></i> He paused. "I do hope you remember, I enjoy darker ales. Seeing as how ... food has arrived ... through the marvels of ... blanketed men and lifts."<i></i> Sousuke would take a seat now. He rubbed his temples. Yes. Things just got more difficult. "So. Why this establishment?"<i></i>

MFT 300+

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Csur3tm.png

Aburabuta Hirotomi
The Businessman
|
7QWdGZu.jpg

Ishii Susumu
Heir Apparent
[/col]

"It would appear that some proletariat minds have failed to grasp the allure of authentic Ryōri-nin cuisine," Hirotomi lamented to Susumu. Hirotomi lifted his hand and gestured to the waitstaff and the happy guests astounded by the feats of their servers.

"Oh do not give him the same line you gave me about how a little theatre goes a long way my dear beau monde," Susumu replied with a cheshire-like grin.

"You exaggerate,"</B><i></i> Hirotomi laughed it off but he had a serious expression on his face when he said this. <B>"I have a different need from the leader of this provincial militia," Hirotomi announced and then snapped his fingers. The lights in their corner grew dimmer than they were previously. "You see Susu... I can call you that right?" He paused for a moment but did not give the heir apparent an opportunity to answer, "what was I thinking? Ha! Of course I can!" He pat Susumu on the shoulder before he turned his attention back to Sousuke. "You see, Sand has a problem. I am sure you noticed with all of the explosions and such, but if a little thing like the collapse of your village is not enough to garner your attention."

"Where are you going with this?" Susumu shifted in his seat, visibly becoming uncomfortable as each moment passed.

"Explaining business," Hirotomi announced as he clasped his hand on Susumu's shoulder as if it was a friendly gesture but the booth seemed to audibly groan as he did this. "This won't but take a moment," Hirotomi assured the heir.

"I-I think..."

"Tut-tut!" Hirotomi interrupted as he depressed the center of the table with the palm of his hand. The chatter stopped. The servers ceased wandering. The music stopped playing and all eyes were fixed on the trio. "I think it is time for a meeting."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ryori-nin cuisine? Really? "Oh I'm quite happy with my Spartan cuisine. Allows me to budget for other things I require. Sustenance is the greatest requirement, after all I truly doubt you are entirely full after such small portions."<i></i> Sousuke deplored lavish meals. They all seemed so small and inadequate. How does one truly get the necessary calories to live on if the meal is finished in two bites? Sousuke closed one eye and rubbed it as he listened to Hirotomi proceed to make his position known. Yes, it was a position of power he was displaying as he placed his hands on the heir of the Daimyo, and called him a nickname rather than his proper name. "I don't think you like being called Susu do you?"<i></i> He would inquire of his bookish companion. Sousuke himself had a longer name if you were to include titles, but he just simply preferred to be called Sousuke. Shiori used to call him SouSou which was followed up by a particular clingy touchy feely moment. Yeah. Those were awkward moments. Considering that Shiori was now trying to destroy ... all of humanity. Maybe he should have just allowed ... or showed her some sort of ... emotional response? Yes? Yes? No. Maybe. Sometimes.

Somewhere in this Hirotomi had remarked about the explosions that happened in Sungakure. "Destruction leads to construction. Something your consultants would know about. The explosions, I will say, were a fair distraction."<i></i> Hirotomi would make a dent on the table. He would look at the dent on the table. He motioned to the table's dent. "Ah. The effects of authentic Ryōri-nin cuisine? Most curious."<i></i> He raised an eyebrow. So. Hirotomi wanted to conduct business. He wondered exactly ... why was he wanting to conduct business in this way? It made Susumu not comfortable which was alarming. Anything that made Susumu uncomfortable was indeed something concerning. Not to mention everyone was staring at them now. Sousuke rubbed his temples as he did not enjoy being the centre of attention. "Before we conduct this business meeting, I would very much appreciate attention being deflected elsewhere. I would enclose this area with stone walls, but that would only cause more attention which is something I abhor."<i></i>

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Csur3tm.png

Aburabuta Hirotomi
The Businessman
|
7QWdGZu.jpg

Ishii Susumu
Heir Apparent
[/col]

There was good reason for Susumu to feel a sense of dis-ease, Aburabuta was not a man worthy of trust but sadly a man's fidelity and veracity pale in comparison to other assets. Aburabuta was a businessman first, a friend and a confidant second. It was really just human nature if one thought about it, you reach for the best deal, the most entertaining company and the most profitable ventures. Humane considerations, ethics, honor and even friendship can be cast aside easily enough when something better comes along. Virtues are something we claim to abide by so that we can claim we have some semblance of 'goodness' but few do merely because it is the right thing to do. That was the case here, there was a better deal to be had than an association with the Daimyo's son in the entrepreneur's eyes.

Susumu was a rather bookish young man, he did not survive in the wild foraging for berries and wearing pelts and he was far from the primitive First Men but even a man so far removed and refined as he was able to sense the mal-intent. Perhaps it was the 'playful' gleam of his eyes or it was how the words seemed to roll of his tongue 'differently' this time around but Aburabuta's tenor voice made his skin crawl. It did not change the sense of overwhelming sadness and the numb shock he felt when Aburabuta made a cold announcement. "Down to the as you would probably say the brass tacks, my good compatriot here is your enemy." His sardonic smile never left his face as he place his arm over Susumu's shoulder and the young man became ghastly pale. In fact he felt sick in the depths of his stomach and his hands quivered roughly.

He was both terrified and enraged and the line between the two was quite blurred. Susumu roughly shrugged Aburabuta's arm away, "leave me out of this you close-fisted barricuda!" Susumu was indignant and his pallid facade became tomato red and his expression contorted to something ugly. He attempted to stand but Aburabuta's arm was apparently heavier or more stubborn than one would assume.

"Tsk-Tsk Ishii-kun, public place... scenes... I mean what your your father think?" His laugh was charming despite the obviously feigned concern. Sometimes predators can be beautiful and unintimidating with white, straight teeth and a well groomed facade.

"You're making a mistake," Susumu warned with a tone of underlying threat. It was a foolhardy move on the businessman's part unless he had a motive or a further-reaching plan.

"I think not," Hirotomi shrugged as he looked over at the Kazekage. "You see Susu-chan, while there is no official banner of civil war even an outcast such as myself can see the brewing animosity. The riot at the Jouin Exam was in every paper, the yellow journalism by your people, the invasive shinobis who both neglected and abandoned the surface civilians and simultaneously maintain status over." He shook his head, he was no fool. He knew a glass ceiling when he saw one and such as the case with the Diamyo, his greatest aspiration would be to become a Merchant Lord under the Ishii family's rule. Under the careless eye of a shinobi that lacks the same appetite for consolidating power, his chances for greater things were just that... greater. "You're the heir apparent, the second most important man in Wind Country and to the Diamyo," the first being himself assuredly. "This oppertunity is ripe," he spoke his in particular to Sousuke. "Unless you wish for it to slip through your fingers," Hirotomi added giving the Kazekage the illusion of choice.

There was a look of both shock and anger on Hirotomi's face. He felt betrayed but it should not have been such a surprise. In fact, this has happened before. He was on a cruise that time, but the details of that storied tale would have to wait for another day. He needed to swallow his indignation and consider the why. WHY was Hirotomi making such a great risk? Why was he willing to betray their friendship... now acquaintanceship? Yes, that sounded about right. Why was he willing to risk the wrath of the Diamyo? He claimed there was a glass ceiling and certainly there was in theory in Wind but the wandering eyes of most merchants is multinational all the same.

That is unless -- That fucking bastard.

"Don't do it Sousuke," Susumu warned but the tone seemed to be more of a conclusion of a thought. "It is a trick."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hirotomi did nothing to relieve them of the attention that was presented. All of the eyes were still on them. It was very annoying. Sousuke hated attention. He despised it. He said nothing at first but reached forward and took the bottle of wine whole. He stood there looking at it. At times like this he needed something to focus on. The wine was the object in quest. Curiously he took a swig of it and allowed the Suna Goddess awful taste fill his mouth. He choked on it. "Your taste is awful. The both of you."<i></i> He said at first. He coughed up wine and took a napkin or serviette or whatever you called it to clean up the mess. "Then again. I've never liked wine. I liked beer. Perhaps you can draw some character conclusion from that. I'm sure there is something you can draw from that."<i></i> Sousuke took another swig of it. He swallowed it, the taste was that awful. "Insanity is doing the same thing a second time, and expecting a different result."<i></i> He added, as he did so yet again. Where was Sousuke going with this? "Now. Here's the fun part."<i></i> Sousuke placed the bottle down.

"Susumu's brother has caused me significant problems, in Sungakure."<i></i> He stated factually. "In Sungakure."<i></i> He repeated. He had given special emphasis on the words in Sungakure. "I lack the jurisdiction here to make an arrest, but more importantly what Soon's court would hear me out for arresting the brother or the son of a mass murderer?"<i></i> He motioned to Susumu. "I came here to see his sister get married. Arresting him would not be in good taste. I have to wonder why you of all people, are bringing this up. Susumu, for the time being, is an innocent in this. He has no control in what his father or his brother does. Now the question is, where does this land him? He has done nothing to dissuade his father or his brother. Does that make him complicit in all of this? "<i></i> Susumu knew that Sousuke knew he hated his brother quite dearly. "How much was Susumu knowing of his brother's battles with me? Quite little. He was studying in Tea Country. Yet there would be some form of communication between most parties."<i></i>

"Yellow journalism is an excellent means to combat another. I am the victim to such. So is every single Ninja Nation leader here, I have to wonder why. Rumors that one is homosexual, I cannot confirm or deny that. Another reads that I'm a tyrant who stole the diamond throne, which in anything I say will in no way be taken as ... ... as truth. There are quite a number of others. I cannot stop the consumption of mass media. No publicity, is good publicity. No matter what good acts, one thinks that they do, have committed will ever truly be perceived as a full truth. I can only guess what would come up with to cause further damage. Quite limitless actually."<i></i> Sousuke's fists clenched. "Either way. I lose this battle. The lack of action on my part shows weakness. The action I take in itself will be no doubt of the damaging variety. This establishment then takes damage as is this annoying thing called collateral damage."<i></i> Sousuke's eyes narrowed as he looked to Susumu. "Yellow journalism by your people. Well isn't that a bit incriminating of you. Hirotomi mentions your people. You did nothing to prevent the most absurd opinion from forming that I am a Tyrant who made off like a bandit into the night with a very heavy rocking chair."<i></i> There was disappointment, yes, but what could Susumu do? Next he looked to Hirotomi. "Ever the opportunist. You've decided to fit yourself into a child's puzzle like a piece that is far too large to fit in, but does so at any rate due to sheer force. I heard a rumor somewhere that you were in the presence of a criminal Inuzuka who owned a particular ... cursed book. Should I draw the conclusion of your own complicit activities?"<i></i>

MFT 300+

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Csur3tm.png

Aburabuta Hirotomi
The Businessman
|
7QWdGZu.jpg

Ishii Susumu
Heir Apparent
[/col]

Piglets certainly enjoy their mud. It should not surprise him that the Steward Kazekage enjoyed his pedestrian beverages. It was like a cat turning its nose up at filet minion in favor of canned tuna. It only preferred one over the other because it did not understand one to be the superior. The Kazekage went on to claim that he of all people had no taste. What a dolt. What a Philistine! Aburabuta did not gave the Kazekage a verbal reply, he simply gave the Kazekage a crooked grin.

Sousuke turned on his friend in another way. No, he was not going to arrest him, but it would seem that Sousuke blamed the heir apparent for failing to prevent the Daimyo from doing well... what fathers do. There was not a thing that he could do, it was obvious that Sousuke did not understand his father. It was ironic really, he both reviled the man and he also had an intense desire to make his father proud. He was never the son his father wanted, just the one he happened to have. All the same, he had no defense. He was a fool thinking he could live in both worlds but he was curious and lonesome. Well, that and he always wanted a hot kunochi girlfriend, their use of clone jutsu was apparently out of this world. Or so he has been told.

Sousuke had made his decision: Inaction. Inaction because he lacked the authority. Inaction because it was better than the wrong action. Sousuke actually made the right choice, if he had assaulted Susumu then he would have lost a friend. As it was, he probably did because it was apparent that Sousuke merely tolerated him. He did not trust him. He did not save him because he was liked. He just did not act against him because it was not a beneficial choice. Still, a wave of relief washed over Susumu. His brow was beaded with a cold sweat. he was a lover, not a fighter. That and he screamed like a girl. It was a fact that some did not mind, but those were different screams and that was a different story.

Still -- at this juncture Sousuke was correct. He just avoided a political disaster. Would Sousuke ever know how many lives he saved? No.

Hirotomi folded his napkin and thrust it on the table. "Humph!" His nose in the air, his features appeared particularly angular in this pose. "You made a mistake Sousuke," Hirotomi warned as he attempted to vacate the table. "Food on me still, I would not want to place the village in financial crisis." -- Hirotomi attempts to leave the topic.

Susumu did not say anything. He was just inching towards the edge of the booth they shared. He was attempting to slink away. -- Susumu attempts to leave topic.

This would not be a ending some would have expected, rather mundane in fact. Just a meeting. A criminal, a businessman and a Kazekage. They spoke. They postured. They departed. Nothing more. Nothing less. But a war was averted and none would be the wiser.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I've made a few mistakes, but this is not one of them."<i></i> Sousuke spoke to Hirotomi as he passed him. "I hope your food won't cause me to break the bed next time I lie in it."<i></i> He added. There was something said about Sousuke making sharp remarks. He had learned a thing or two from Roku. Insults were like armour and weapons, they had to be crafted and done so well. As Hirotomi left Sousuke looked to Susumu who was in a cold sweat. Susumu looked like he was going to leave. He raised his hand in a motion to make him stop. "You, I'm not done yet with. I wanted to have a social gathering. I wanted to talk, and ... that was about it. I know you cannot stop your father, but it is something that is irksome in the extreme. You on the other hand, I wish I knew under different circumstances."<i></i> He shook his head. This was difficult. He had denounced Susumu, but he needed to try and put this thing back together. It would take time, but hopefully Susumu wasn't going to run off.

Once Hirotomi was certain to have been gone, Sousuke took a seat opposite of Susumu and was finally given the beer he so yearned for. He poured it into a tall glass and merely raised it now. He was making a toast of sorts. "I may dislike your father, but to your sister. May she be happy with ... the Otokage?"<i></i> He seemed uncertain. That was the word. She was marrying a man, Sousuke knew very little about. Surely Susumu knew something about the man his sister was going to marry. "Soon you'll have a brother-in-law who is ... resourceful, good looking, and perhaps far more tolerable than Hirotomi."<i></i>Sousuke looked tired. He rubbed his temples and then drank from his glass. "Have you actually met the guy? I have to assume your father likes the guy, or at least ... tolerates him."<i></i> Was Sousuke fishing for information? Absolutely. At the same time there was something else to it. "How does it feel, to watch your sister being given away like property? My brother ... half brother ... spiritual brother? He was married long before, and at the time I never really got to thought about it. To bind oneself to another for the rest of natural existence in the form of a contract of law. He knew what he was getting into luckily, but some people don't. I would like to know myself what I'm getting to and I do ... sort of ... thanks to your gift."<i></i> He scratched his head, he looked to the left, then to the right. He leaned forward slightly. A slight shade of pink would appear in Sousuke's cheeks only to vanish a moment later. "When is your wedding, and who are you going to be bound to for your natural life? I hope your wedding is far less .... of a frenzy."<i></i>

MFT 300+

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I've made a few mistakes, but this is not one of them."

"You would think so," Aburabuta replied with a smirk and narrow eyes as he bid the duo adieu.

"I hope your food won't cause me to break the bed next time I lie in it."

Sousuke commented on his weight issues, "I was too polite to mention your weight issue. I doubt the burdens of your furniture will be grossly overwhelmed by my cuisine, but if blame needs to be leveled to help you sleep at night... albeit on the floor, then by all means. Do what you must."

Susumu felt nauseated. He simply wanted to just leave. Sousuke , however had different plans as he halted Susumu's departure.

"You, I'm not done yet with. I wanted to have a social gathering. I wanted to talk, and ... that was about it. I know you cannot stop your father, but it is something that is irksome in the extreme. You on the other hand, I wish I knew under different circumstances."

He could feel the hot gall creep up his throat and the acerbic taste in the back of his throat. He let out a cough before he swallowed hard, soothing the burn but the aftertaste would linger. "I do not know what you expect from me," Susumu replied with an exhale as he resigned himself to the booth across the Kazekage. "I am well-aware of your sentiments as well as your ambitions and I am afraid I do not share your bias," Susumu admitted hesitantly with a sense of defeat in his voice. There was nothing he could do, not really. He was not responsible for his father's actions and even if he had his qualms, truly what could he do? He did not know the details of his father's efforts but he was no fool, in fact he was likely smarter than most and while he lacked a woman's intuition he was able to quantify what most would only subconsciously recognize.

There was nothing more said for a short while. Sousuke ordered a beer and received one before he uttered another word. Hirotomi had vacated the immediate vicinity and Susumu uncomfortably twiddled his thumbs and pulled a pair of glasses from his breast pocket.

"I may dislike your father, but to your sister. May she be happy with ... the Otokage?"</B><i></i>

"Sure... happy," Susumu replied and he took a sip of wine from the bottle that was left behind. It had a nutty flavor with some fruity notes and a somewhat floral scent, the cad was right, the wine was exquisite. Marriage had little to do with happiness and more to do with political connections and powerful unions. People like him had a talent for making the best of such an uncomfortable situation, love and tolerance can usually be found and when something is not true you can just fake it.

"I am very excited with the prospect of a new brother in-law," Susumu added as he adjusted his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"Soon you'll have a brother-in-law who is ... resourceful, good looking, and perhaps far more tolerable than Hirotomi."

Susumu nodded in agreement. "You sound like you are more interested than my sister," Susumu chided.

"Have you actually met the guy? I have to assume your father likes the guy, or at least ... tolerates him."<i></i>

<B>"Yes, of course," Susumu replied. "I have spent several years of my academia in Tea Country, from which he is a resident." It was a well-known fact that he was boarded in Tea Country during his youth and he was given the best education he could be afforded. Otogakure was a true hidden village located in the northern region of Tea Country, somewhere in the mountains. The shinobi trained there are something of legend, some loved them and some feared them but all of them knew the name Otokage Kageoni Yami, the infamous leader of the Sound shinobi forces. "Sango is a lucky young girl," he concluded sharing nothing more.

"How does it feel, to watch your sister being given away like property? My brother ... half brother ... spiritual brother? He was married long before, and at the time I never really got to thought about it. To bind oneself to another for the rest of natural existence in the form of a contract of law. He knew what he was getting into luckily, but some people don't. I would like to know myself what I'm getting to and I do ... sort of ... thanks to your gift."

"Seems short-sighted and superficial to consider us property," Susumu replied with a serious tone. "We don't marry for love, it would be selfish to do so," Susumu attempted to explain. "As a leader, or a future leader you cannot place yourself over your people. The union her marriage would make with Kageoni Yami is one that will never be severed if she were to produce an heir. An alliance over that narrow strip of sea..." he shook his head "...an unbelievable opportunity." In all honesty, he forgot about the fuzzy pink cuffs but would find no shame or embarrassment in it if he had. Practice makes perfect.

"When is your wedding, and who are you going to be bound to for your natural life? I hope your wedding is far less .... of a frenzy."

"I will have to respectfully disagree - a frenzy is the symptom of change and import. Failing to do so only stifles creativity, curiosity and imagination." Susumu gave Sousuke a thin smile, still misted in sweat and giving off the scent of fear. "We have only denied ourselves the opportunity to tinker, explore, ponder ...and play."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"My true ambitions are far simpler than one would think."<i></i> Keep Sungakure in a functional state. As it stood right now there were many threats and each of them would in time would be defeated, subdued, or annihilated. Ancients. Men. Women. Both powered by the former. All of them would be dealt with and removed from the equation for both were a cancer that needed to be surgically sliced out before they came malignant. Mikaboshi in time might be imprisoned in a photonic cage that seared his very being. Mother Suna would be a rotting degenerate sack of sand locked in a box decaying at the deepest depths known to this world. Perhaps it would be better if those two were stripped of their powers and forced to live out mortal lives. That was perhaps the best thing that awaited an Ancient, a human mortal life. The former concept was far more theatrical. The Sovereign? Stripped of their powers. The ancients that powered them, delivered unto oblivion. The Sovereign would be relieved of their mortal coils and too destroyed. Soragakure? The Daimyo and Shouki would be both destroyed entirely. Incapable of resurrection, and whatever means that required to do it. All this, and more was what was required to keep Sungakure intact. Merely destroy what would prevent it from living on and destroy what prevented it from becoming a better place. This was the mind of a machine. A singular goal.

Susumu was not his father, or his brother. Should he become the like? Well. One would hope it would not come to that. Would Katuso applaud this type of decision making process? No. No he would not. That was the itching problem that Sousuke had. Katsuo was perhaps the one person Sousuke would answer to. Perhaps once upon a time he would answer to Mother Suna, but what she was now was not what how history portrayed her to be. Sousuke was very much aware that his answers were perhaps bloody and violent but they were absolute. It was a very machine like response, to simply delete those that caused a glitch in the system.

Sousuke would wave his hand, "I am interested because it is very rare for there to be multiple ninja leaders in countries. The unknown is an interesting prospect, one must fill in the holes in the data."<i></i> Sungakure was a hidden village, but Sound was simply better at it. While the threats of cave ins were dealt with by Sousuke in the past, they were in fact exposed now on the surface. That concept irritated Sousuke. He lacked the current technology to project a massive genjutsu bubble to hide Sungakure once more. The curious thing about being hidden is that one could do it in plain sight. Sungakure merely did it in the past by being underground. "We are property. We are property of the state. We are puppets to be used by powers higher than we are. I am certain your father would see you as such."<i></i> Sousuke would answer back, not angrily but it was a calmly delivered answer. "I would agree that our marriages provide opportunity ... but some people will do what they want instead of what is best for the state."<i></i> Sousuke wondered if Katuso knew that his ... relationship with Naganisa was a slap in the fact to Sungakure itself. Falling in love with a terrorist who destroyed people's lives ... yet the same was said for Yume, save that it was her uncle. She did not publically denounce the man, but he was nevertheless now very dead. Sousuke's expression soured at the thought of it. "You are correct nonetheless."<i></i> He responded in a defeatist tone. In that, it would be time that he realized what made him happy was not going to work out. Those he loved would always be targets. Sungakure needed allies, and he could not really live life out with the one he wanted to. For an inkling his eyes seemed to glass over upon this realization. For a rare moment Susumu would see something very human, but a moment later it would be replaced with a more machine like.

"I did not think of frenzy in that regard to be honest. I detest the concept of it being ... maddening. Madness is a state of mind I detest. It is not ... pleasant to be delivered into a state of madness that is not of your own doing. That is to say ... from time to time I have engaged creatures that are outside of the constructs of a sane human mind. Another story for another time."<i></i> Sousuke would notice the discomfort present in Susumu's expression. "You seemed most uncomfortable when Hirotomi was present, and now even more so in my presence. This is distressing considering we're being civil and having simple conversation. If it distresses you that much then leave. I was hoping to catch up, but clearly doing so is ... not something you wish to do."<i></i>

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
7QWdGZu.jpg

Ishii Susumu
Heir Apparent

Everybody was after something. A powergrab using him as a veritable trophy. A political gesture involving his presence or hand. A source of information. It was tiresome and tedious. These changes he saw in people were not changes at all but in fact the result of their choices and ambitions manifest. He let out a sigh as he placed his glass onto the table. "Aburabuta wanted to use me to place a foothold in Sunagakure by handing me over. You were not interested in catching up... you're digging for information about my little sister's future husband." He scooted towards the edge of the booth. "Your village is in the midst of an upheaval from every which side. I am well aware that my father has his ambitions as do you and eventually they will come to a head," that was something Hirotomi made abundantly clear. He knew full well that the Diamyo was a monster, he saw the storm end and knew what it meant for the country, after all his father was a madman but like all things... it has to play out.

He forced a courteous smile. "But I am hardly a resource, at least in this matter." He only had one thing to add, a tired and true sentiment it would seem. "People need to ask the right questions. Then they need to use what they have learned, not everyone gets to play the role of a silly bookworm." He nodded his head as he looked around the room. "This one will be for free..." he gestured with his head to either side. "People are not deaf and their lack of response to what has transpired and been said is queer. I am leaving and I very much suggest that you do the same." Susumu had caught onto something, something that had made him feel on edge since he had arrived. This lingering sense of dread that did not dissipate in the absence of a known villain. It was true, he did not like being used, nobody did. He was intelligent enough to recognize when someone was digging, however that was not what gave him this feeling either.

Where was the wait staff, they were the only animated ones he had passed since he had arrived. No drunk patrons stumbled past them. No rowdy group of young men caused a commotion on the far side of the room. Rather, everyone simply sat in their seats, only passing their gaze once in their direction. It was almost rhythmic.
[Attempts to Leave]​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back