Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Bring it in [Calling all ANBU]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo stood in the ANBU headquarters. It had been a while since he had last stood here with a mask on. He had not rushed to come down here after his promotion, but instead spent some time going over records and documents pertaining to the branch. His time doing the fun stuff was coming to an end and now he was in charge, meaning he had to watch and dictate others to do the fun stuff. With a sigh he looked at the noise coming up from behind him.

”This place is very homey” The Yoki said to him. Hannya had decided that she was going to join him for his tour. ”Are we going to be moving in here?”

Manzo could only chuckle. ”No, I need to be accessible by anyone now. This place isn’t the most accessible or welcoming fo most of the village.“ His black mask stylized into a cat covered his smile. Hannya truly liked staying at this realm and never seemed to want to go home these days. Preferring to stay close to him.

Manzo turned to face the door. His black robes of office that the Hokage had given him, giving a flourish with the wind. He had given an all hands call, wanting to meet everyone. Most he knew but it was always a good idea for a leader to present themselves. To give a ‘face’ to a name.

He really didn’t think a mask would help him now. Word had gotten out to much that he had claimed the title so he might as well walk openly and opened faced. The very idea made him twitch and remember a dark time in the ANBU’s history but that would not stop him.

[MFT]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Things were changing, the village was expanding and as such, they had to learnt to adpat and overcome. The female was running a sharpening tool over her blade up and down as thoughts disturbed her mind checking the shine of it before three knocks came at the door. She stopped sharpening the famed blade strapping it to her back as she turned around exhaling a breath, despite all that had happened, matters of attention still seemed to call to her and she was sure there was still more to come as the knock cam again this time more persistent and with a sense of urgency. She had explicity instucted Nibachi to ensure she was not disturbed for a hour so this had better be good as she stood calling out to whomever stood behind.

"Enter."

"Soku-sama, the branch Sennin has requested you report to headquarters."

"Understood, I will be there momentarilly. Dismissed."

"As you command."

The Santaru clansman bowed before exiting leaving the ANBU Captain to pursue yet another train of thought. Truth be told, she had been waiting for when this chance would come again. The sudden unexpected loss of Yukio had left them leaderless and she fully supported the appointment of Tarantsu Manzo having been under his tutelage once though she hoped it was brighter skies from here on out. Snagging her white captain's cloak and throwing it around her shoulders, she picked up her ANBU mask, custom-made with intricate red markings to resemble a feline fitting it over her face as she left the clan grounds taking her preferred way to the complez which preached many proud achievments yet also was a hallmark of the losses they had suffered, a grim reminder of what these masked shinobi sacrficed for the village.

"Tempest here as requested."
She spoke as soon as her two feet would grace the floor of where they were gathering bowing her head for a brief moment before straightening back up again. There was a time in history where this room would be full, where it would brewing to the max with shinobi lining up to defend this village but recent events had been hard on them all and the ANBU had been through so many Sennin in such a short span of time that it's effect on the unti as a whole was beginning to show. She only hoped that Manzo would last longer than most, she had seen the faces and moods of the various ANBU loyalists that still lingered behind, that sense of unease in the air and whether this Sennin would also fade to dust like all the others. There needed to be things that were done and she had that utmost faith that the person standing before her was more than capable. He had more years in the service than her and that had to account for something.

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo looked amongst the crowd, it saden him that it was so small. As much as it had declined it was not dead. This was just a good point to rebuild. As the numbers filed in he looked at each of them, working to remember their maks and their code name that went with it.

As the lone Captain walked in with her white cloak he inwardly smiled. To many he did not know personally but he was glad to see there was at least one that he knew and could trust her abilities. It would make giving his first task a bit easier.

”I am not going to beat around the bush. For those that don’t know me I am Manzo your new Sennin. The previous Sennin has been declared MIA on his last mission. Some of you may know me, some may not. For those that do not know me, rest assured that this is not the first time I have been in this room for one of these meetings, though every other time I have been where you are. “

He pointedly looked around the room at how few there were. ”There are to few here and we need to work on changing that. That is one of my main priorities and my duties. But that is something that I will need help with. We will not lower the standards for those that want to become ANBU, even with our smaller numbers we will only accept the best.“

With a wave of his hand his black mask appeared on his face, it was stylized with a cat on it ”I will not keep you any longer, no one likes being called to hear the new guy in charge pontificate so go forth and perform your duties.“ With a glance he looked at Tempest. The look clear in his eyes, she was to stay.

[MFT]
[I am going with the room "filled" with NPC becuase lets face it we need more than 2 in the ANBU even if they are just NPCs]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The opening speech was like many she had heard before. Many great shinobi had given similar verbage and all had lived up to it to go on to better things or in some cases..worse. Soku had the honor of serving under three ANBU Sennins during her time in the service and it had been quite the rollercoaster as she ticked off the names in her head. Takeshi, Maki and lastly Yukio. It was a role that in her opinion was cursed, no one stayed in it for too long due to some unknown factor that popped up and she didn't know what it was. Takeshi had gone on to take the office of Hokage, Maki had been carted off by Frost-nin for a period of time and as for Yukio..well, she didn't even want to explore that possibility..if they ever did find him. Her hand clenched into a fist at a thought. They would, she would make damn sure of it.

As Manzo began to wind down, a look her way was all Soku needed to decipher the message. She was required for a moment longer and a nod as people began to filter out idly chatting, some hesitant, some eager about what the future was to bring. Once the room was void of the various ANBU that had accumulated together, she turned to look at her newlyfound superior, a sort of peaceful quiet settling over the room as Soku spoke. "Something of importance, I presume?" It had to be, Soku thought to herself as various possibilites ran through her head. Perhaps he wanted to amp up the rigour and rigidness of the branch, perhaps a assignment of sorts, those were the sorts of things she had come to expect from these underhanded meetings.

"Try not to leave us too soon? Somehow, I think we have garnered a repuation of doing that indirectly funnily enough."
A friendly jest if anything but true at it's core. She supposed however with the recent turbulent times and with Konohagakure just settling into a era of peacetime only to be shattered by Yukio's sudden presumed death was a sign. An reminder to all of them to always be watching and not to get too comfortable or complacment in that regard. Whatever task Manzo had set out for her, Soku had faith she would be able to execute it to the best of her ability. If it meant ensuring the village was solid at it's core, she would take it on without a second thought.

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As they were left alone Manzo walked back to the office that joined this room. He sat down and dismissed his mask. This was a meeting of Sennin and Captain but it was also a meeting of two people that had known each other for a long time. He indicated for her to sit and to be comfortable.

”I don’t intend to leave. Though me leaving will generally be out of my control. Either I am killed or the Hokage finds someone better. As for why I left last time. That was … an matter of an unreconcilable opinion of how the ANBU should go forward. It made for a good time for me to make a clean break and hunt down my traitors clan and exterminate them like the rats that they were.“

He took a breath and looked out at nothing for a moment to collect his thoughts.

”We have a long road ahead of us to rebuild the ANBU but before we do there is a piece of old business that needs to be concluded. As much as I want to take care of this on my own I can’t. It would be irresponsible for me to leave the village just as I took over the village.

We need to find out what happened to Yukio. I want you to take some time and track down what happened to him. Bring back his bones if you can. Punish the people responsible for his death if you are able to, and most importantly not cause an international incident in the process. But I would rather you come back home alive than risk your life for this part. We are two few to risk your life being thrown away and we both know how strong Yukio was.

The information is the most important part. Was this an isolated incident? Was he targeted because he was part of the leadership of the Leaf? Is this something we need to be concerned with in the future. We have treaties with other villages but those are never worth anything. They are only good until someone decides to break them, then the other side only gets to find out when there is a death count.“

This was not a mission that he gave out lightly but it was one that needed to be done. ”Any questions?“

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Mention of clan politics almost made her want to laugh. It was not too similar to situations she had bore the brunt of though thankfully they had gotten through that particular segment without too much hassle though that didn't mean it had been easy by any means. She settled into her chair glancing around the office that preached the title of the ANBU Sennin. She had been in this room several times though it was safe to say the individual to whom this room belonged seemed to change every time. A trend she hoped to break if they could, she rather hoped so counting off the memories in her head.The room that would once be so crowded with eager recruits and shinobis holding witness to an motivational speech or something of the sorts now lay so barren. Trying times they were indeed.

The matter of attention quickly made itself clear and to be fair, while it was reasonable, it was not what Soku was expecting. "I couldn't have asked for anything better. The man was like a father to me." Her fist clenched just wondering what she would do if she if she happened upon the gruesome scene or even better, the responsible parties at the time. They had vague details when they had been first informed and no body, a thing that truly tore at her heart. The Captain at least believed he deserved one last fitting send-off, a honor or sorts and this misson, Soku felt like would be exactly that. "Say I do happen upon those who carried out this horrid act. Dead or alive?" Frankly, if it was up to her, that wouldn't even be a question posed but if they were strong enough to overpower a Sennin, they must have had a motive for doing so. Why Konohgakure? "Rest assured, I will take care of this quietly. Once Takeshi-sama gives me his blessing, I'll set out immediatly."

The Captain had a rough idea of where he could be. Pulling up his old operation files would not be a problem, they would indicate his last assignment and she could go off that. Soku nodded at the implied warning, straining relations between villages was not on her to-do list. She had witnessed how that had panned out between Kumogakure and their village, not a reality she was wanting to revisit anytime soon. "In and out, they won't even know I was there." Hopefully not, she liked to think she was somewhat capable at her job after so many years still one could never be too careful. Sunagakure had taught her that well enough, a glance towards her right arm which was a prostethic. "If that is all, I will make the necessary preparations at once." Nibachi could maintain the estate in her absence. The thought rested in the back of her mind however, she needed to find his remains. Something that would give her solace, at least that much would be fitting.

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Haku Yuki knew that she was late, she didn’t need the beeping alarm to tell her such. She had grabbed her clothe and left her feet carrying her swiftly to the Hokage Rock and down into the interior of the ANBU complex, to say that she was actively trying to avoid this was an understatement, her stomach was a knot of anxiety and dread but she also knew that she couldn’t hold it off forever.

This would be the second of your children to abandon you, Yuki. Although you didn't birth this one. Mizuke’s voice was more of a hindrance than a help at this exact moment in time.

Thanks for reminding me of my stellar parenting skills. She shot him down as she approached the door of the ANBU Sennin’s office, his office. She could hear people talking on the other side just barely being able to make out what they were saying. Her hand flittered over the handle shaking a little. Pull yourself together, deep breaths Yuki, Deep breaths. Yuki closed her eyes to ready herself before pulling the hand handle and entering the room.

Inside was Manzo, Soku, and a sea of other faces that she couldn't remember the names to, talking already but it was a fuzz of background noise to her, it was that he wasn't here that struck like an ice shard to her heart, we knew that he wouldn’t be but still the seeing the physical absence of his presence made it real. Manzo was in his seat, behind his desk.

“I am sorry that I am late,” Yuki said. The emotion of the moment could be heard in her voice even if it wasn’t painted on her face taking a seat to listen to the remaining meeting.

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo raised an eyebrow at the suggestion that Soku needed to get the Hokage’s permission to go on this mission. Perhaps he was read it wrong, perhaps she was only referring to needing to get her passport approved, but how he took it was she wanted to get the approval for the mission from higher up. He would see how she acted and take deal with it latter. After all what was the purpose of a Sennin if the Hokage got pestered with everything.

At this time his door opened and a different figure came in. It was one that he doubted he would forget and smiled at her, pretending to not hear the emotion in her voice. ”Yokai, excellent. I was hoping that you would be here. I had wanted to send two captains on this mission.“ He proceeded to give Yuki the rundown of the mission he was giving them.

”To answer your question, if you find the culprit. I want you two to come home alive, I do not want an international incident. Aside from that I will leave it up to your discretion. If you want to take them out into the woods and peal the flesh from their bones. That is fine. If you would rather bring them back here for me to do it, I am ok with that as well. I would prefer as much intelligence as possible though.“ He was giving these two captains free reign to do what Captains should do. He had given them an outline of what he wanted done, he was not going to micromanage how they did it.

”This is an S ranked mission with the objectives of finding out what happened to him and punish the perpetrators if you can while not getting caught, if you can find any intelligence on other villages while you are out there that is even better.“ And get closure. The last objective he did not say, he could only hope it would happen for them.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
It was shortly however that they were not the only two indviduals in the room. A third figure soon graced their presecne that being in the form of the ANBU Captain, Haku Yuki. A bit behind schedule if anything but it gave them all a sense of relief, perhaps the ANBU branch was not as forsaken as they all thought. She simply nodded a greeting to her fellow captain sitting in silence watching as Manzo went through the summary of the assignment he had just handed out. It was a relatively clean-cut-misson, clear objective but there were also personal feelings thrown into the mix. Personal feelings she had learnt to cast aside for the sake of the village, the last thing any of them needed was this whole thing blown out of proportion. It would not be a fun time for any of them in that regard, she was sure.

"Not getting caught is what the ANBU do best, Manzo-sama." She said briefly imaging the plan of attack for this particular assignment. Mission files should be the first thing, Yukio's supposed death was still fairly recent so she was positive his personeel files should still be relatively up to date. That would be a good stepping stone for them to overturn and get a sense of direction on where to start, wherever he had been, it had not been someplace nice. That much, Soku knew and she also knew to take down a Sennin was no mere walk in the park so whomever these people or person was, they were no joke either which made this misson all the more risky yet necessary,

"If you could, I'm sure we would appreciate taking a glance at Yukio's files if you could send them my way before we set out. Probably give us a sense of direction and guidance to his last presumed location." She racked her head as if trying to check if she had missed anything. "Unless Yokai has anything to add, I think we've covered everything." She said shooting a friendly glance the female's way. She had not been privy to many interactions with the other captain but she did her job well and that was enough for Soku. "If that is everything, shall we be adjourned then?" The captain inquired, a questioning look on her face. She still had prepartions to do, especially if they were going to be hunting down supposed murderers.

[Topic left unless stopped]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki listened to Manzo give her the run-down of what she had missed before joining them, she knew that his disappearance is a topic that would eventually have to come up but she still wasn't expecting it so soon. The thing that nagged at the back of her head more than anything is that she did believe there was a culprit behind this, she knew Yukio's capabilities more than anyone, if he wanted t have come home he would have but that doubt would remain unspoken.
"There is no need to look over the files, he was last seen at Cloud in the company of the Raikage. I am not saying that they are responsible but if you want to know his movement after that I suggest that there is where we start." She knew this information cause she was there when he was last seen, as were Takeshi and Nagisa. Her doubts played in her mind again. Maybe he doesn't want to be found, and if we do what then. She pushed those thoughts down. "There is nothing else for me to add, I will start making preparations for the trip, would you like me to alert the Hokage of this or will you handle that Sennin?" She addressed Manzo directly and watched as Soku left the room.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back