Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Building an Airship [ 13% Complete ]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Suigetsu wasn't sure just exactly what he was planning to find but the whole operation seemed a bit pedestrian for his taste. Whereas many such projects would have probably been kept. Whatever sort of thoughts in his mind that he had about mad scientist running around was quickly dispelled by the simple task that they had of simply providing beds for the people. As pedestrian as things seemed, Suigetsu figured that now was as good a time as any to be bold and simply see how far he could get as Sora. Surely nobody would think it too outside of the realm of possibility for one of the Logistical Team Leads to show up unannounced with fanciful ideas of what could or probably should be. Stepping out from the shadows, Suigetsu rounding a corner and made of show of going the long way back around to make it seem as though he'd simply taken a stroll for the night. His ability to melt into and out of the shadows was a skill unmatched by many but it certainly came across less imposing if it appeared like he was showing up like a normal person would. Getting to the guard post, he made his presence known and expected the usual sort of protective measures. "How goes it, I'm Shingetsu Sora from logistics, I was hoping to get an audience with somebody in engineering if I could." Just a normal person on a normal stroll through their worksite. Try as he might, Suigetsu was getting really good at impersonating Sora, a little too good for his taste but he was prepared to do what needed to be done to get the answers that he sought.

Uziuke

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Of course, we don't have an unlimited chakra supply, but we'll have to rely on it from time to time to get where we need to go." More notes were taken as Uzi continued on, at least until he heard an unfamiliar voice. He turned around, getting a look at one that seemed rather one. "So this must be the one everyone was talking about. I believe Hisao introduced you as the one with bravery." Uzi nodded as he continued on. "The one that fought and took down one of the sandworms. I'm honored to meet you Sora." Uzi made a mental note, remembering the name as best he could as he continued on.

"Before I say what I want to say, what exactly were you inquiring of? I'm sure I have the answers to any questions that you have." Uzi was excited to talk to this one, maybe even ask him how he felt about joining the ANBU Corps. He could sure use more talented members like this Sora. 'I wonder his background.' As he looked forward to Sora's questions, he also wondered the things that he held within. Who knew how far this relationship would go?

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Success! He'd actually gotten to somebody of some importance, or so it seemed. Suigetsu was pretty sure that there was going to be a measure of disbelief concerning what Someone of Sora's lot had to say about engineering feats but it was now or never as the saying went. Hearing Sora being introduced in such a way as, "The one that fought and took down one of the sandworms." did give Suigetsu a measure of due pause. The proud part of him that took pride in everything that he did wanted to scream that it was he, and not Sora who had actually managed to fell the beast, but sticking to his cover was far more important than proving the point on this one. Giving the expected nod and slight bow, Suigetsu feigned a shy disbelief in what he had done. "I was just doing my part." A bashful smile and he broke eye contact to further lay on the thickness that was the youthful energy that he was giving off. "Before I say what I want to say, what exactly were you inquiring of? I'm sure I have the answers to any questions that you have." Nodding in agreement, Suigetsu began to relay the idea that had first been expressed to Hisao. "So I was thinking..."

While he wasn't certain if it could work, he remembered how things were when he was still a respected member of the Water Court. In those days, as he had said to Sora, they did have to deal with all sorts of sea creatures. Some were peaceful and some, not so much, but what usually helped with keeping the most wretched of them away was to use sound waves to create the illusion of an even bigger creature of the deep. "You know, spur of the moment thought here and all, but are we building in any contingencies to make sure that we don't have another attack? Admittedly, I'm no expert on sandworms but from what I can imagine, we were probably making enough of a ruckus aboveground to draw them to us from belowground. What if we just... I don't know, put some sort of sand pounding or equally sound dampening mechanism into the walls or watchtowers to mask the sound of all the work that we're doing up here?" Shaking his head, Suigetsu feigned ignorance as if he was simply a kid having an enlightened moment. "If nothing else, it might keep all but the biggest sandworms away which is more than what we seem to have now. But don't take my word for it! I just work in Logistics, I'm no architect or zoologist." From there, he'd leave things in Hisao's hands. He wasn't aware of how far up the chain of command that Hisao was but all it usually took for these sorts of things was for somebody to put in a good word or two.

OOC: Relaying the gist of the following excerpt from a previous post in this topic.

Uziuke

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Before Uzi was able to reply his assistant with the notepad nearby spoke up. "It'd look something like this sir." There were graphs showing how the vibrations of the earth would be effected by their works. All in all, there was a decrease in chance that the sand worms would encounter their site due to the ruckus of construction. "Hmm... So they found us because we became a disturbance. We wouldn't want that to happen again. I'll approve of this device, how soon do you think we can begin on it?" Uzi asked, looking to his assistant with a look mixed with awe and confusion. The assistant spoke up once more. "Hmm, maybe in a few weeks. We can implement it before we start on the airship." Uzi nodded, but before he could speak to Sora, the assistant spoke up once more. "Also, I'll also have a few blueprints of the airship prepared in a few days. I've collected data from people all over who are assisting with the project. I'm sure we'll be able to begin production within the next few months. Of course, there's still the question as to sails, solar power, some people even believe that the steampunk idea is the way to go, with using only steam. There are tons of possibilities, oh, and of course we could always use electricity, but we'll converse and see what we come up with." Uzi nodded once again. Everything seemed to be running smoothly.

Uzi now looked to Sora, "That wouldn't be a problem. Great idea by the way. One of those sand worms gave me quite the blow." Uzi was still recovering, not a full health yet, but he was progressing slowly. Uzi now nodded to his assistant, asking for some space so that the two could talk. The assistant nodded, stepping away a few feet while jotting something down.

"So, Sora. First let me first introduce myself as Uziuke. I'm a shinobi that has walked a great path." Uzi paused as he looked for the words that he wanted to say to the lad. "I'm glad you're here to work with us on this project. But I do have a few questions for you. Nothing impossible to answer, but yet, rather simple." He paused once more, letting the boy take in what he said. "I don't believe you were in my crew back when the dominus project was amiss, but you look like you're part of the generation of Genin and Students that we've seen there. What branch of shinobi are you interested in?" Uzi asked, wondering this one's past, and what he currently was working on in his shinobi life. "And do you have an aim for your shinobi life? I'm sorry if these are personal questions. If you wish, you do not have to answer."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Suigetsu couldn't lie, it was impressive how the man commanded those under him. It was almost akin to a general or at least a respected leader of some sort. Filing away the mental note, the Ancient knew to keep this particular one in his back pocket. "So, Sora. First let me first introduce myself as Uziuke. I'm a shinobi that has walked a great path." Raising an eyebrow and giving a look of true surprise and interest, Suigetsu gave a respectful nod. Between him and Sora, they were definitely pulling more than their fair share of work. Between running the Logistical side of things and helping to fend off a sandworm attack, it felt good to be recognized for actually doing something. As Uziuke spoke, the intrigue that Suigetsu at first somewhat forced turned into the real thing as he cocked his head to the side in a questioning way. "I don't believe you were in my crew back when the dominus project was amiss, but you look like you're part of the generation of Genin and Students that we've seen there. What branch of shinobi are you interested in?"

Shaking his head, no, Suigetsu didn't recall coming across Uziuke before but now that he had mentioned it, Sora was most definitely going above and beyond what most other Genin would have been expected to do. Fidgeting with his collar, Suigetsu shrugged. "Honestly, I hadn't really given it much thought. I really meant it when I said that I was just doing my part." Looking around while somewhat lost in thought, Suigetsu knew that Sora held aspirations for doing more, but there hadn't been much of a conversation on exactly what those aspirations were and how they were going to achieve them. As much as he held his own ideas concerning the shinobi world, Suigetsu wasn't so heartless as to presume upon the boys wants and wishes. "And do you have an aim for your shinobi life?" Taking a chance and flipping a coin on what he did know about the boy, Suigetsu spoke. "You know how sometimes you have a goal in mind and yet it's hard to see the journey to get there? That's kind of where I'm at right now. Maybe one day I'll make Jounin, heck, I might even be in just the right place at the right time for Sennin! I'm not sure if my bedside manner is up to snuff to be a medical shinobi and I'm not sure if I've got the chops to be as cool as the ANBU, I'm kind of content being right in the middle of things with the main branch folks. Basically, if there's a line in the sand, I aim to be right there in the thick of it." As much as that was what Suigetsu could come up with on the fly, he alone knew that the boy was every bit capable of being a part of any of the aforementioned branches.

OOC: Since this topic technically started before the Sennin Games topics, Sora's idea of becoming a Sennin isn't solidified yet.

Uziuke

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
'A humble one.' Uzi thought to himself, listening to Sora as he mentioned he was just doing his part. It was great to know that there were some that were around that didn't mind taking all the glory, taking advantage of a situation. 'A trait of the ANBU indeed.' Uzi continued to listen as he explained his goal as a shinobi. It reminded Uzi much of himself. This project was actually a step in the direction of his goal, but he did take others into account. It'd be a while before he actually pursued what he had in mind. He wanted to get to know the others around him, and what they aspired for. Maybe this project would help them more than he helped himself. Putting others first was no new thing to the ANBU Captain, and this project would make things no different. He also was a humble one indeed.

"Sennin hmm?" Uzi looked away into the sky. He had just met this one, but he held high hopes for him. He hoped that one day he could reach the rank of Sennin. Reaching for the sky when it came to your goals was just the beginning. After reaching such a goal, many began to climb to outer space and beyond. He figured it'd only be a matter of time before this Sora was going beyond his current objectives. It wasn't until Genin that Uzi found his purpose in the shinobi world. His answer seemed to lay with being a Main Branch Sennin, but he sounded as though he'd keep his options open.

Uzi nodded, looking into Sora's eyes as he continued on. "Well, if you want to become a Sennin, this is a great way to stand out." Uzi thought back to what Raizo told him and Kaen about the Sennin games. There would be an opportunity for Sora to reach the rank of Sennin early, but Uzi would wait for Raizo to announce the start of the games. He wouldn't want to spill the beans so soon. "Stay at it Sora, and anything is possible. Also, did you have any questions for me about the project? Or for me as a shinobi? I have some time to talk before returning back to construction." Uzi continued to look in the boy's eyes, wondering if he'd have any tales to tale. He was looking for a way to inspire this young one.

(( So the way I view it, I'm in and out of this topic at certain times. I may post a leave, and then a re-entrance as a lot of time has passed since the beginning of this thread. From here on out I'll mark my exit's and entrance's as a way to keep with the time table we have going on. I'll consider after having our conversation I'll take a leave, and re-enter when the next phase is about to start. Any ideas on that, you can go ahead a put them up here or pm me. ))

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nodding in agreement, Suigetsu was absolutely sure that Sora would stay at it. For now though, he'd see about getting as much information as he could from Uziuke as he could. There was more that he could learn both about the shinobi world at large, as well as the ANBU and more importantly, about this particular airship project. How much longer did they have to go? Just what sort of other problems could they look forward to encountering. All of these things were the sort of things that he didn't fully know about in the context of the way that they world now operated. Since he'd been more or less, "asleep" for so long, dorrmant in Sora's mind, he had missed out on all of the advances that the world had made. Try as he might, his greatest weapon had always been knowledge and knowledge was something that he was lacking these days. When at last he had finished picking the shinobi's brain a part on the seemingly mundane, he bid the project leader a good evening, or was it morning, and then he went on about his way. Sora would be stirring soon and if he wanted to keep the late night excursions to himself, then he had to do his part about making sure that they boy didn't wake up and think that he had been sleep walking. Thankfully, with the knowledge that he had learned, hopefully they could now more quickly get closer to finishing the airship project.

OOC: No worries, I completely understand. TL:DR, Suigetsu picked Uziuke's brain about shinobi and project stuff.

OOC #2: Topic left unless stopped.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back