Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Burn me deep (Shita Rirakkusu)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Running, fast, heavy breathing. His body contorted between the tree's as hands and feet pushed and shoved off hard solid bark. The breathing slowed as he halted atop a tree branch, flipping over and landing his rear down to sit for a moment. The heavy breathing was now but a few short breaths as the demon looked down at the small horde of wolves that chased him this far into the woods. It was close to nightfall, and this lot looked tired of the chase. Their hungered barking and howls as they clawed up the tree. Some even more ravenous ones leaped upwards snapping and hoping to catch Satou's dangling feet. But teen feet more and they would have caught the taste of his black lathered boot. Satou could only laugh as the soft cold winds hit his cheek.

He had gathered this lot for his meal for the night. Once in awhile instead of dining on humans, the demon had a particular taste for the blood of predators. Creatures who killed and survived as such tasted far more pleasant to the monster of Kumogakure. And with his newly awakened powers, Satou needed a wide birth of area to let lose this power. His eyes, filled to the brim with thirst for these fine pups. Baring his fangs and snarling back at another who leaped up snapping. The demons growl was high pitched and yet ending deep that echoed with a malicious twisting clicking noise. The wolves shied back as he plummeted off the branch, exploding into the first cloak of chakra the demon enveloped him with. The sudden rush of power as the blackened chakra oozed out like a life of its own. His hands raised as his descent slowed, none approached. So he took this as a chance to have some fun. He began to remove his shirt, boots and pants to leave him in a simple trunks meant for summer. Obviously not meant for the deathly cold weather that Kumogakure is known for. The chill of the night felt great against his skin. He felt alive, only warmed by the feeling of the Demon Cloak Alpha.

One of the wolves braved and steeled itself as it lunged forward. The demon raised his hand and the wolf was frozen in the air. All the force and pressure began to give through the fur, flesh and bones as the creature cried out from its limbs being crushed in the air. All the others stayed low and snarled, fear filling these deadly creatures as the come to realize whom they were chasing, a far deadlier predator. The carcass slowly floated to his open hand, taking it roughly by its mane as he chewed down into its neck, taring a massive hole as its blood spilled out in a nice, slow drizzle. Filling his mouthful a few times before tossing the corpse of the wolf yards away, its body smashing against the hard back.

He held arms open to the pact. "Come! Tonight I dine on the finest of prey!" The herd began to turn tail and run as Satou exploded with the horrid aura of the demon.The demon could only laugh deeply as he broke off into a blinding sprint as he was now hunting and killing his prey like a ravenous monster. Taring through them with waves of his hand.

(mft)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Cold, yet peaceful. Silence was the only thing that could be heard, yet cannot be heard at the same time. For how can you hear something that is the absence of anything that can be heard? This was the random thought Ri had as he awoke in the Ancient forest after several hours of sleep. As he stretched his arms, he noticed it was getting close to sundown. That was bad in this certain situation, considering how he was in an area considered to be dangerous, especially at night when the predators come out. Jumping down, Ri let out a sigh and cracked his neck. He made sure all of his possessions were still in HIS possession, katana, bow and arrows, straw hat. Everything was there, so it was time to start making his way back to the village. Although he didn't expect anything would actually happen, the boy still kept a watchful eye on his surroundings to avoid being eaten alive by whatever may be lurking in the shadows.

As he walked through the forest, it became increasingly dark and cold. The cold was the only problem Ri had with this situation, it was always so uncomfortable since he didn't wear the warmest clothing. Closing his eyes as he walked, he focused on whatever sounds were around him. Still nothing, it was almost creepy how quiet it was.. After a few minutes, a faint growling could be heard. Now, if it were day time, Ri would never even consider investigating this noise, but considering how it was getting close to the time he would usually go to bed, he didn't even hesitate. Growing closer to the noise made it become louder, eventually sounding like it was right in front of him. Which it was, and the source of the noise was certainly a surprise (at the time). An entire pack of wolves was crowded around a single man in a tree, and he seemed completely fine with it! This sight defiantly wasn't something he'd expect to see, ever. It was even more baffling when he jumped out of the tree.

Ri honestly thought this guy was dead, and he probably would be if he was a normal person, but he clearly wasn't. This was clear, seeing how his way of dealing with one of the wolves was crushing it with some form of jutsu and drinking it's blood straight from it's neck. Ri would be scared shitless on a normal day, but currently was to tired and came up with the bright idea to follow this man around since he was interested in him. When the pack ran away, however, the man seemingly disappeared, leaving RI confused and disoriented. But when he saw him reappear next to the pack, he immediately knew what he had to do to continue observing him. Forming a hand sign, he cast a genjutsu that would hopefully fool both the man and the pack of wolves to circle back around to him by making their surroundings a little different. Making a pack of wolves and a demon-man come to him? Seriously, Ri must be really tired to be doing crap like this..

Leaning against the nearest tree, Ri readied his bow just in case he had to take a couple of the wolves, or the man, out. Knocking an arrow, he looked around at his surroundings, primarily where he hoped the genjutsu would lead the pack, and the man, if it was successful. The eery silence was back, which was good since it kept Ri somewhat scared, which meant he'd stay focused. Now that he had set this idiotic idea up, Ri began regretting the fact that he made an entire pack of wolves come right to him. He would have to be seriously prepared to take the ones that the man hadn't gotten to if he didn't want to die tonight.​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The demon laughed as he chased the pack without hesitation or clear thinking. Not even caring that a genjutsu was cast in the area, his attention was completely on the wolves as he snatched another two. Only leaving four left as they reared around the bend of tree's. The wolves did'nt even notice the young teen shinobi hiding behind the tree's with his bow drawn. One broke off from the group Satou was chasing and spotted Rirakkusu, breaking into a heavy panting sprint as the creature lunged out at the young warrior.

Satou was having his own fun, as if listening to some maddening music in his head, he started break dancing through the cold snow as his hands moved about flinging the wolves through the air at the tree's over and over again till they could no longer run from the demon, the wolves shrugged and shook as they wobbled about the demon. They couldn't run or attack as they were pulled and thrown about in a revolving circle around Satou who seemed to simply be lost in the sick enjoyment of ripping the heads of these predators with his bare hands, slowly one at a time feeding on their limp, lifeless bodies. Once finished he wiped his blood drenched mouth, being covered from neck to lower chest. His body brimmed with a perfect figure as he was a monster caked in the blood of creature that should have ended his life, but he drew more then just their blood. He wanted their fine furs for pelts to keep his inhuman body warm at night and their meat to either sell or dine upon. And by the sound of things, he'd have a guest to partake in this interesting meal he had planned. Satou let go of the demonic cloak as it dispersed along the snow like blackened mist. His blood red glowing eyes scanned by the tree's, noticing the break in the pattern he followed the revolving trail hoping to find his new little interest still breathing. Mentally counting and noticing he only kill all but one from the pack. "Wonder where that one went off to?" He whispered, smiling his blood stained pearly whites.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His plan had worked just like it was supposed to, the pack and the man had both circled back around to meet Ri. The majority of the pack had ignored Ri, but one had broken off and attacked. It was quickly taken care of, an arrow being shot into it's throat before it got close to biting him. Thankful that was the only thing he had to deal with currently, Ri retrieved the arrow from the wolf's carcass and turned around to see what the man was doing now. It was far to quiet for the chase to still be going on, had he died? Unlikely, the pack was probably all dead, great. Now he got to deal with a demon of a man, and he assumed he'd be sliced up just like the wolves were. Turning around, he saw a mound of corpses that used to be wolves, and a man soaked in blood. Had he already noticed him? Should he escape? So many thoughts were flowing through Ri's mind right now that it was hard to keep up. Finally, the decision was made.

Taking a step forward could very well mean death, but curiosity would drive him to insanity if he did not hear the story behind this man now. Ri took a deep breath in and could barely see his breath as he exhaled. Not because it wasn't cold enough, but because it was now nearly pitch black in the forest, the only light allowing him to see was the moon. As he inched toward the man, the smell of recently deceased meat invaded his nostrils. He nearly gagged, but held it back to try and keep himself hidden for the time being. Putting his bow back onto his back, Ri grabbed the hilt of his sword and prepared to draw it in case if at all necessary. The man was certainly intimidating now that RI had witnessed him single handedly slaughter an entire pack of wolves. When he was about 5 feet away, Ri stepped on a branch and caused a snapping sound to echo through out the forest.

"Shit," Ri mumbled under his breath, then standing straight up, he said, "Hey there, that was a pretty interesting scenario huh?" The only way out of this now was to talk his way out. Seeing how he probably couldn't take the guy on in a fair fight, he would have to find some way to fight like a cheat if the situation turned sour. Keeping his hand on his hilt, Ri continued, "So what are you doing out here at this time of night? You must be cold right?" Of course he's cold, who isn't cold in Kumo? It's freaking night time for shinbatsu's sake! If it's cold in the day, it's cold at night. What a silly question, Ri was ashamed of himself for asking something so obvious!​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The air chilled across his marble white skin. He looked like a living statue painted in a deep sickly red from the blood staining him. He loved this release, this sensation of pure freedom to embrace the beast inside of him. The blackened aura that dispersed around him was still a lingering mist of an aura. The night around him seemed to thicken so deeply one couldn't see past the mans outline as the darkness seemed to ebb and flow around him, the night becoming a part of him almost in this purest of nature. Dragging the most pristine carcasses he had hauled them over his shoulders now, wearing the dead over him like some sick fashion show. He paused when his nostrils smelled the scent of another, then the sound of the branch snapping under the foot almost caused a chuckle from Satou's lips. "Yeah, isn't that the most annoying shit? That is one reason why I could never be the stealthy type, I hate being quiet." Another simple humanly chuckled escaping his mouth as he turned bout to look upon his new guest.

"Well, well, another youngling. I swear this village is filled with youths. I feel so old." He broke into a laugh once more, the situation was defusing as he let go of his violent aura and gave off a more human feeling while his demonic eyes burned out to a soft chocolate brown. The air around him ceased to bend about him and the forest was a soft quietness. His deep brown eyes looked over the teen shinobi who looked at the ready to cut him. The coy smile of his couldn't be wider. "You need to draw that blade to feel safer, by all means. If you want you can strike at me, though try not to hit the wolves i'm carrying. I do enjoy their pelts and I'm hungry for some steak. Wanna join me? I'm heading back to my small camp. I'm prepping these ones and gonna cook them up while I let the pelts dry out." He spoke rather calmly and appeared rather at ease even at Rirakkusu. As if this man feared nothing in this dangerous area. Truly in his element, he did'nt think the boy a threat, but a soon to be friend. "Its bloody cold out here! Swear, nips could cut stone!" He broke into a heavy laugh once more. He was having a good night, why not be a gracious host.

"Offer still stands." And with that he turned and headed off even deeper into the forest, to the darker parts were the birds of prey hung overhead watching and bears, wolves and creatures of darkness dwelling and flourished. Satou was heading back to an encampment he set up by a large body of water. He set the wolves by a cleaning rack, propping them up on the wire by their paws as they dangled a bit. Satou giving them playful punches to their stomachs, these beautiful creatures, he loved running his hands along their fur. His hut was mad of wood in a simple upside down cone of wood to encircle a roaring flame. Around the flame was mounds of wolf,bear and winter tiger fur pelts and a skinned cat with its head still attached to the carpet.

After prepping them the demon took off into the water, leaping in and taking a quick dip to clean the blood off him. Leaping back out with a fresh cold water fish in his maw, taking the fish and throwing it into a large ice bucket that held a few fish already chilled. Cleaning off with one of the furs and clothing himself in simple loose gray kimono. He sat by the fire to warm himself. leaning in alarmingly close, the light reflecting off his eyes.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Of course the branch had given him away, you'd have to be deaf not to hear that echo! Yet the man before him was rather calm even after Ri saw what he figured would be a secret. After he commented on how he was obviously ready to attack, Ri sighed and released the hilt of his blade. When he turned around, he noticed the once glowing eyes being enveloped by darkness, had he closed them? Seeing the man covered in so many skins was kind of disturbing, especially since they were fresh and still bleeding, but he no longer seemed to be a threat at the moment. He seemed so "normal" right now, that Ri didn't even hesitate to follow when he was invited to have steaks. It may have been his hunger making him follow, but it's not like he had anywhere else to be, so why not?

Upon arriving at the campsite the man was staying at, Ri made himself at home, taking a seat next to the fire. Watching the man as he entered the water and came back with a fish several moments later, he began somewhat reconsidering being here, but hey, steaks. Who could pass up steak? It's like, the next best thing to women. Sighing and closing his eyes, Ri had though about his day so far. Eating, sleeping, the situation which had just occurred. It was a pretty hectic day to say the least. When the other sat down and leaned in strangely close to the fire, Ri began to feel a bit awkward, he'd have to start a conversation pretty soon to ease his own nerves.

"So what's your story? You defiantly don't seem to be a normal person." That probably wasn't the most polite way to phrase that question, but there was no redoing that question, so he'd just have to hope he wasn't easily offended. Realizing that he'd forgotten his manners, Ri stuck out his hand and said, "By the way, I'm Shita Rirakkusu. Please just call me Ri." Wether his hand was accepted or not, he'd look into the fire and realize just how much warmer it was while they sat next to it. It was probably a better choice than walking home and risking getting frostbite or something due to a lack of warm clothing.​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Taking back from the sight of the flames, Satou leaned back and breathed. "Oh sorry, I get caught up in my thoughts sometimes. Not often I run into other people this far into the woods. Name Satou by the way, Ketsueki Satou. And I usually spend my time out here, much to my displeasure. I'm not much of what the villagers would be comfortable living around." He chuckled and looked to the stars in the night sky. This area had a nice clearing of trees where one could gaze up at the moon and stars for hours. "Well, you could say my story is a very long one Ri. I am indeed, not a normal human. No, I haven't been human since the day of my birth. I am "Demon", monster of stories. Flesh, blood and bone corrupted by a sickening curse of a monster buried within me since I was a small frail thing. Sad tale isn't it? Guess not a story to eat over no?" One more a small laugh as he got up, walking to the ice chest and grabbing the grill to place over the fire pit.

Throwing some recently cut meat he prepared earlier, they looked massively thick and sizzled loudly when hitting the heated metal. "How would you like your wolf lad? Also, the one you got with that arrow was well done, I can make a nice pelt for you. Keep you warm in these mountains. Lovely beasts." He admired the hung creatures on the rack. "You hunt much? Or you like all others in this village? Skilled with ninja arts and the practice of killing, subterfuge, and stealthiness." He grinned a rather large grill of pearly whites, his canine striking out a bit more then the rest of his teeth, like the fangs of the wolves. "I could never be like them, that odd stereotype of the quiet ninja. I always found myself flinging my body at enemies to be a more suitable answer to life's problems!" He chuckled loudly and had such an energy, it was nice being around humans once in awhile. He paid close attention to how he cooked the large slabs. Seasoning them and flipping at just the right time to cook them, the sizzling louder as the juices cooked and slathered. The aroma filling the air.

Satou's eyes looked out to the woods, deep in the dark. What stirred? What growled so faintly his ears barely caught the sound. Or was it his stomach? The demon could only grin at the thought of more predators prowling about in the dark, more food for the hunter of all hunters. Satou enjoyed nights like this, relaxing by campfire. Cooking a large delicious meal of meat, hopefully he'd find a nice side dish too. He paced about to his supplies in the far corner by the bedding in a large rucksack. Grabbing some vegetation he plucked from some crops nearby. Laughing at his cleverness that he'd pick this up for rabbit lure but a side dish would work just as well.
He came back to his old fashioned bbq and threw down some vegetables. "Been some time since I've cooked for someone." He seemed rather happy and joyous to have some company, aside from things that have tried killing him.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ri was trying to remain silent as the other talked, he still didn't fully trust him. Even though he was next to the fire, it didn't change the fact that it was cold and he was dressed lightly, so he was also becoming a bit uncomfortable. Of course, when it came to the massive piece of meat that was placed before him, his lips were suddenly unlocked. "I'd like it medium if you would, and a pelt sounds nice.. It's to damn cold out here right now." He said, rubbing his arms to warm himself up a bit. Now, if the pelt was free like he hoped, he'd gladly accept it to make himself warmer.

The smell coming from the steak was amazing, it just made him hungrier than he was previously. Yet, even if the smell was good currently, it didn't mean this man would cook it properly. Then again, only time would tell if he was or not, so Ri would be patient. When he was asked if he hunted, he felt as though the two of them may come to a disagreement when he answers, but he decided to anyway. "I've never hunted actually, I'd say that's the first wolf I've killed in fact. You see, I am indeed one of the sneaky shinobi you mentioned.. Chuckling a bit at the way he said that, he continued, "I honestly prefer being stealthier, it tends to make things faster for me. I don't enjoy doing things slowly, it takes away from the time I could be sleeping."

He was trying to ignore the fact that Satou had called himself a demon, but since he had asked for his story, he felt he was obligated to respond to that as well. "So, Satou, if you don't mind me calling you that. You're a demon huh? I guess it should be kind of obvious that somethings wrong just by looking at your physical appearance, but what makes you call yourself that?" Probably a stupid question, seeing how old the guy looked, he'd probably know something about himself.. As he sat there, Ri began wanting something to drink. Not water, however, what he wanted was alcohol.

"By the way, do you have any sake? Not anything cheap though, the good stuff." He hoped Satou hadn't figured out his actual age yet, but maybe he was a nice enough guy even if he hadn't. Besides, they were both out in the middle of the forest, not like either of them could get into trouble for allowing Ri to drink. Stretching his arms for a moment, Ri sat back and placed his arms behind him while staring into the fire. This could actually turn out to be a good night.​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The demon couldn't help but smile and seem rather hospitable for his guest as he got up to grab a rather large blanket of fur that was as pure white as the snow around Kumogakures mountains and with thick lush fur that enveloped Rirakkusu in warmth. "Of course, this cold is rather difficult for humans to bare. I sometimes enjoy the feel of wolf fur, yet this chill doesn't harm this body. It can get rather nippy out." He spoke rather avidly of himself. He couldn't care less what he revealed to others, maybe in a way to warn them of what they were dealing with? He continued turning the meat to cook more evenly. Adding small planks of wood to stoke the fire up a bit.

"I'd think you'd enjoy it. You're skills at ending life could always be used for more then just taking on humans and other monstrosities like myself. Maybe you could start hunting for pelts and meat and make a decent living off that?" He seemed rather withdrawn from the world of Shinobi. That indeed his views were different from others, his eyes gauged the boy to be somewhere in his teens. "To have such youth and give it up for such a life of dangers." He sighed and shook his head. "Though, it is not my place. I do hope you become a rather good sneaky ninja Ri. Maybe even make it to be Spymaster for the Raikage someday? That would get you a nice payroll." He spoke rather openly and relaxed by the fire, flipping the steaks and the veggies.

The topic of his demonic possession came forward, which was an obvious topic he did'nt mind sharing openly with anyone really. He did'nt think it would be a decent conversation over a meal. "Well yes, some would call me "Abomination", "Monster", "Demon", "Devil" and every curse under the moon and sun you could fathom. I am of mans body, but my soul is entwined with a very old Monster. So much so that I'm stuck in this form, this body that never grows a day older, I thirst for the blood of the living and crave for destruction all around me. The demon, right now whispers insidious things into my mind. It never stopped, since my birth I've had this monster trapped inside of me. With enough time and those around me who have done their best to save me, I've come to form an agreement with the demon within. And now I'm more then demon, but I like the entitlement. Adds some bad ass points to my image." He tried joking at the end of all such sorrow. In his deep darkened eyes staring at the flames for a short while before talking and holding his burning red eyes to Rirakkusu.

At the mention of Alcohol, Satou said nothing as he got up, walked to his equipment and pulled a plastic ice box filled with bottles of different hard liquors and alcohol. "You don't look old enough though to be drinking. But to hell with it, a little bit won't kill you. Started young myself, nothing wrong with me right? Out here you'd more likely die from something attacking you then a glass of alcohol." He took out a nice red colored bottle that had some foreign writing on it. "How bout some "Spiced Whiskey" grabbed this off my old Mentor, he collected a lot of drinks from around the world. So I snagged a few on my way out. Here." He poured a full small glass and handed it to Rirakkusu. Placing the bottle back in the chest, yet sat down. Waving his hand at the chest it slowly lifted off the ground and floated back to its spot with the other stuff.

Satou sighed as he flipped the meat once more, the aroma was thick and heavy in the air. The steaks looked very close to medium on the verge to well done. "I guess this will do?" The stake was thick and heavy on the plate which Satou produced to sit the slab on. It was soaked in juices and herbs that accentuated a nice flavor The veggies were nice and well done as well which he cut up with a clean small knife from a set of utensils. Handing some to Rirakkusu to eat with. But instead of eating his steak Satou sat done and flipped his a bit more till well down, taking only meat onto his plate, he dug in rather slowly. Enjoying the taste, savoring every morsel of the juice and ingredients in the meat was exceptionally good. "Wolf might not be the best choice, but still damn tasty." He laughed rather humanly and with a bit of ease in him.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ri accepted the pelt as it was placed over him, it was certainly warmer now that he had it. When Satou suggested taking on hunting as a form of income rather than being a shinobi, Ri thought about it for a moment and shrugged. "I suppose it would be kind of relaxing, but being a shinobi is just my thing I guess. Maybe I'll take it on as a side job once I'm situated." He said, the concept did interest him, but he wouldn't be to keen on devoting more time to anything else just yet. Even if he was just sleeping with whatever free time he had..

The fact that the man he was having a conversation with surprisingly didn't bother Ri, it was probably just that he seemed kind enough to trust, but perhaps there was something more? He didn't know, he just knew that for now, he could be comfortable. The aroma of the meat began making him hungry as it seemed to grow closer to being done. Even though he'd never had wolf before, he could tell it would be damn good. Removing the straw hat from his head and letting it hang from his neck, Ri shifted in the dirt he sat in since it was becoming a bit uncomfortable to sit on.

"Being spymaster would certainly be cool, but it also sounds like a lot of work. I've never been to happy to work, at least not in a while." At this point, Ri was just trying to keep a conversation going. He wouldn't normally reveal that he was a lazy fuck to do this, but at this point, it seemed more like a conversation between two new friends than anything. Ri cracked his neck and adjusted the pelt, making sure it was fully covering his body so there wasn't a chance for the cold air to infiltrate it.

"Spiced Whiskey", huh? Sounds pretty good, I'll take it." He said as he accepted the glass handed to him. Sipping it at first to make sure it was good or not, it seemed like it was alright. It didn't compare to his favorite sake, but it was still good. Now taking a large gulp, he placed it on the ground next to him. He doubted he'd get a refill if he was given such a small glass initially, so he was going to try and savor it for now. When he looked back at Satou, he was already preparing the plates, which got Ri excited. Rubbing his hands together and licking his lips, he reached out and accepted the plate that he was handed. This was going to be great, he hadn't even had dinner yet, and barely had anything for lunch.

Picking it up with his hands, he ripped a large chunk off using his teeth and swallowed soon after. "I agree, this is damn good! It's so juicy to, I'll need to get into hunting if I get stuff like this, even if it's just a hobby. He continued eating the meal that was prepared for him without talking until he was finished with it. Placing it next to him and grabbing the glass, he took another large gulp and emptied it. Placing that in the same spot it was, he leaned back and looked to Satou. "Thanks for the meal, your a good cook. So what now?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satou nodded to Ri's words, though when the man pulled his meal off the grill he sat aside to eat he would pause to listen to Rirakkusu's words and opinions. "I wouldn't call it relaxing." He gave a bit of laugh looking to the dead wolves hung on the rack. "Though it is rather enjoyable. Brings a sort of primordial calling in us I should say." He ate half his meal then sat it aside, pouring himself a cup of the whiskey to sip on, the burning spiced liquor felt good gong down with the taste of wolf. Stomach was rather displeased with the mixture, craving only one type of sustenance rather then this big hearty meal. But with time he grew to ignore his bodies urges and what it really desired or needed. He leaned back, sipping his alcohol while gazing from the stars to Rirakkusu when the young man spoke up.

"Aha, but isn't work always unpleasant? Not many I've spoken to love their jobs to begin with. It pays bills, keeps the innocent safe and the guilty either under the ground or behind bars. It is a life like any. But I see where you stand, responsibilities can be trying at times." He smiled as he laid back on the softened ground. It was nice to just lay about and relax, Satou even wondered a bit if the shinobi in this village really tolerated him. A deepened sigh escaped his lips between sips. He wasn't one to go out and do missions or to teach students. He acted more like a freeloader or loner in the wilds. Hunting animals that had no claim to, to eat and drink his hearts content off the wild. It was a passion, and understanding the wilds themselves was also a desire of his.

His eyes looked to Ri when he finished his food and drink. Satou's hand raised as the bottle of whiskey floated gently back to the empty cup and poured another for Ri. He could only smile as he sat up, emptied his glass in one quick gulp and pouring himself another in the same manner. He was rather enjoying the powers he came into. More self indulgence then anything, but the powers had other uses besides breaking the limbs and bodies of lesser creatures then himself. "Now, we get the larger game I was hoping for early today." He stood up, sipping his drink casually. The burning alcohol running down his throat and pitting his stomach with a strange pain. It wasn't enjoying this drink as much as he wished for. His free hand grabbed what was left of his steak and shot it across the field to the edge of the woods.

The sounds from the darkness were unearthly, like some creature morbidly twisted from someones nightmares. A bear that was three times the average height and weight then anything Rirakkusu would ever come across in textbooks. Its fur and body were mangled and deformed with insidious blackened welts and its face missing pieces of flesh. "That, is the reason why nothing came close while I was cooking. Its been hiding in the farthest reaches of this place. I've tracked it to here and set up camp hoping it would come closer. Now, now the real hunting begins."

The monstrosities beady black eyes looked at the two figures after it swallowed the chunk of meat with its long insidiously malformed tongue. It breathed a noxious looking air about it. Yet for all the hideous design of the creature. Deep down Satou felt a ping of regret, he knew what it was like to be a monster. He glanced to Ri. "If you want, you can take off back into town and hit the sack. You don't have to face this with me." His smile and composure was still the same, a man with little to no fear in him. His eyes held that warm burning embers as the demonic cloak slowly enveloped him. He did'nt think Ri couldn't handle a situation like this, it was merely his only fear was that others would be harmed and he could not prevent it from happening.

The Dire Bear slowly etched closer, its courage built up at the sight of a lesser prey then the demon Satou. Yet stepping forward, Satou halted the bear as it stopped and gauged how much a threat Satou was to its well being. In the air, Satou gave off more then enough sensation of danger and to flee from him that even Ri could feel the crawl of danger along his skin from the man enveloped in malevolent chakra. The giant deformed creature roared its unearthly call at the two. The winds picking up as the voice carried all around them. Satou's fiery heated eyes exploded in flames as his body erupted with power, lowering himself in the bears direction as the cloak grew larger and larger around him in the shape of some ever changing creature as his mouth open, a deep heated light emanating from Satou's mouth as some estranged sounds began to come forth till the call of his beast within shattered all noise through the woods, the sound traveled along the snowy grass that it physically hit the bear and caused it to reel back a bit to the trees. Satou stood a bit more erect yet slightly bent forward, the look of a predator in his eyes. Watching his prey shirk from him. His grin large and twisted in a way, almost seeming pleased with himself.

(mft)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the beast appeared, Ri was certainly surprised at first, but if he would even consider becoming a hunter at some point, why shy away from such a challenge? He drew his bow and watched as Satou summoned some strange aura around him. A wave of fear washed over him as he came into contact with this aura, but he wasn't going to run now. He may be lazy and an asshole a lot of the time, but he wasn't a coward for the most part. Pulling an arrow from his quiver, he knocked it and spoke.

"I see no need to run right now, I think you can handle this if I can't. And it's not like I'm gonna let some bear kill me." He had a strange amount of confidence right now, almost on the verge of being to full of himself. He was never full of himself, but he did have a bit to much confidence in his skills with genjutsu. Speaking of genjutsu, he was already planning on casting one now! Making several hand signs, he cast a jutsu that would cause the bear to see both Ri and Satou with after images of themselves, confusing it enough to attack the wrong image.

Drawing the back the string that still had the arrow knocked, Ri shot an arrow directly into the bear's chest. This caused it to let out another deafening roar. "We should kill this thing fast, I'll soon be deaf if we don't." He cracked his neck and waited for Satou to do his thing, he probably wouldn't be to much help in this fight. And seeing what he'd done earlier, he figured he could take the bear on alone.​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back