Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

But alas, I read on. [Learning vulgar ancient Kumo]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi's father wasn't exactly a person that was expected to teach their child much. Nor would you want him to, really. Being a drunkard, and on bad days a gambler would never be a good influence on children. However, as Ryu sifted through the pages on ancient kumo's vulgar variant memories of small lessons were brought back up in his mind.
Flashback said:
Kumogakure stood above the clouds, and storms. Everyone knew this, and outsiders at first may find that lovely, and time saving but for people like Otani Kai it was a pain. Being a fisherman meant you had to keep track of weather that was happening over the seas at the bottom of the mountains, and that's much more of a hassle than living closer in person. However, he never did move. Too costly for how much he made, as he could barely pay for his apartment in Cronopolis.

And, as it sometimes happened, storms loomed over the coastlands of Kumo. There was no way Kai could have made the trip before the rain forced him back. So for now, he was stuck at home with his 8 year old son, Ryuichi. The boy was like a small ball of fire, always moving and keeping himself occupied. However, for one Kai wanted to make a difference in the boy's growth. He practically raised himself, and now his son is being forced to do the same...so much for changing the wrongs of the past.

Kai sat Ryu down at their small fold-out dining table while music lightly played from the large box radio in the room. He looked Ryuichi in the eyes and said "Ryu, from here on I'll be teaching you the language of sailors. I've had to use it while traveling north for fish, and I have no doubt it'll be useful for the future." He said to Ryu, before getting started...

In time, Kai stopped giving lessons. The boy had injured himself when playing with a blade, and spent most of his time inside anyways, studying what he could. From how to properly pronounce the gnashing clash of multiple dialects molded into one to how to write the strange old text that went with it. Before long the boy had become fluent by the age of 11, but never found practical use in it during his ninja training. No one regularly used it, and most of his focus went into current studies. Even as Uri took the white-haired boy in, he would only speak ancient kumo in passing when talking to himself.

With a sigh, Ryu threw several books onto a nearby desk, and sat down. A spectral ghost appeared behind him with shining silver hair, and smoke pouring from the back of her skull.

"I'm busy, Yoya." Ryu said in a hushed voice, as to avoid bothering anyone nearby.

"Are you learning vulgar kumo? I thought this was mandatory for ANBU." She answered, ignoring his pleas for silence.

"No. It's not mandatory, and I already know it. I just thought I'd do some brush-up lessons is all." He continued in a hush voice, before opening the first book on vulgar kumogakurian.

"I can help. I'm fluent."

"I already am."

"Then why study it?"

"Because I forgot?"

"You just don't forget a language."

"You're not even alive, so what do you know. It's been decades since you've died."

"I died less than a year ago."

"Oh? Why didn't you tell me?"

"You were there."

"Right."

As Ryu began reading again Yoya simply gave a sigh, and left to her own doing while the boy caught up.

After hours of reading through things he already knew, Ryu had grown tired of this. He knew how to pronounce things, how to write, how to enunciate and practically spit as teeth gnashed when speaking. He had issue remembering how to actually put together sentences. 'Oh well....back to the books till you get it right.' He thought to himself.

In time it was already midnight. Perhaps the people watching over the books had forgotten Ryu was even there, or were too threatened to tell him to leave due to his muttering in ancient kumo.

Regardless, he was given more time to study, and he used that study perfectly. He eventually stood up and gave a small smirk to the ending cover of the last book. "Αρκετά εύκολο." *1 He said, as Yoya reappeared.

"It's laaaate. Did you make any progress?"

"Στο είπα και πριν. Το ήξερα ήδη." *2

"So you did. A good improvement considering the time frame!"

"I told you, I already knew it in the first place...I just needed a pick me up lesson."

"Sure thing. Let's go home, Ryu. I bet you're exhausted."

Not wanting to Argue, the rikudo boy simply listened. It was pretty clear that he wasn't noticed, because he had been locked in, but that didn't stop him. With a simple set of handseals he sunk into the earth, and reappeared just outside.

Then, he walked towards the tea house he called home, with the little knowledge that his father had given him held tightly in his mind and heart. Remembered, and never to be forgotten again.

[wc:859]
[translations]
"easy enough." *1
"I told you before. I already knew it. " *2

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back