Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

By the way...

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
MtvwNxZ.png

The sun had barely risen as she stood in her bedroom doorway, looking at Umashi. There were many things that she loved about him, but most of all, she loved the way he loved her. It was obvious to anyone who knew about them and probably obvious to those who didn't have the slightest clue. The way she would catch him looking at her melted her heart and here she was still keeping things from him.

It was now the time to let all the things she'd done in the dark come to light. Even Asuka had warmed to the idea of finally letting him in on the family secret. Especially since everyone had become so close. Still, it was very different from when she revealed it to Kaori as she just told her only the ending to a larger story. This story she was keeping from him in particular and while she knew everyone had a past, her past was directly related to her now and future and whatever future they may have together. Perhaps she was making it more than it needed to be, but, she was prepared for him to be upset and call her a liar and delusional. Better it be now before it became too late for them to back out of their relationship. Besides, the woman did not believe in keeping secrets from those she considered family. At the rate they were going, he was most definitely family now. She inhaled and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Babe, I want to talk." The worst way to start a conversation with your significant other.

[Topic Entered]
OOC: Currently not pregnant. Flipped in Random
Yomi_V2 - Today at 10:16 AM
Heads Pregnant Tails Not Pregnant
.flip
NadekoBOT - Today at 10:16 AM
@Yomi_V2 flipped Tail.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
What are we gonna do . . .

Lazily lost in thought, Umashi was comfortably laying on Yomi's bed pondering over the logistics of their relationship. While it wasn't an earth ending problem to have, it did present some rather interesting conundrums. First there was the issue of her being his subordinate, and while it wasn't especially against the rules of the village shinobi, it did look incredibly bad when the Hokage was messing with a Sennin that might very well be up for Hokage in the future. The idea of nepotism was such that many feared having lineage based leadership positions due to the problems that it had caused previously with the Yamaguchi family and the previous Hokage, Kami. Many in the know of who she was, no doubt breathed a sigh of relief when Yume had taken a sabbatical. The fact that she was no longer around meant that there would be no legacy Hokage push so soon after her father.

Family names aside, there was also the second issue, the fact that Yomi and Takeshi weren't on the best of terms, which meant that he could call bias should Yomi eventually be elected Hokage. For a fact Umashi had Takeshi dead to rights considering that the man had promoted his wife to ANBU Captain directly up under him but Umashi had to walk a far tighter line than an Uchiha with a lot of friends in a lot of places. Simply put, Umashi had to answer to a higher power. All in all, Umashi was definitely in a bind with how to proceed with the relationship from a leadership standpoint. While he very much wanted to step down, he completely understood that doing so, at this particular time in Konoha's history was a non-option. They could keep the relationship private for a while, but eventually people would know. The best thing that Umashi could do to protect the village from the relationship backlash was to marry her as soon as possible . . . but that was an entirely selflessly selfish reason for getting married. In a manner of speaking, his thoughts just simply didn't make sense in his head.

People often had advice about relationships and the like when they were without one, and while Umashi didn't want to drag Yomi through a gauntlet of flashing lights, he knew that eventually they would be just that sort of spectacle. The sad reality about their politically forbidden relationship was that all the rules that shouldn't have applied, did , and all the rules that did, really shouldn't have. Sighing, when Yomi finally called him out of his thoughts, he opened his eyes with slowly blinking eyelids as he stretched and leaned up in the bed. Wearing only a pair of sweatpants to keep out the nights chill, Umashi moved close to Yomi and hugged her warm body to his. Giving her a light peck on the neck, he slowly took in her always alluring scent with deep breaths.
"Yes my love?" Despite having his own thoughts that he wanted to get off of his chest, he deferred to the awe inspiring woman wrapped in his arms. Whatever she had to say came before anything that he could possibly say for the moment.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Cozying into him, she thought it best to not drag it out, yet she was careful with how she framed her admission. There was no going into gory details. There was not talking about her frame of mind, there was absolutely no discussion of the other team members other than a mention that they were there. This was a strictly fact based conversation and anything else she wasn't sure she could say without getting emotional. What that emotion was not mere sadness. It was unbridled rage that she kept contained for the most part, locked deep within the recesses of her heart and mind. Maybe talking about it with him or anyone would be therapeutic but she did not want to go down that road.

“I want to tell you about my life before Konoha about what I was doing before I got here…” She would not bother to go into every teeny tiny detail, but, she would hit all the major bits.

“Me and Asuka grew up in a cult. That cult worshipped Jashin. I am sure Tamashii has told you a lot about Jashin…anyway, in my sect I was considered “The Chosen”” Air quotes accompanied the term.

“As such I grew up with relative freedom since I was the favorite. Though, it was only my aptitude that made me the chosen. No one was devoted more than me, no one committed more acts in Jashin’s name than me, no one believed harder than me: the greatest Daughter of Jashin…

“That gained the attention of the leader of the sect and who I would consider my father. He raised me and I can say, now that I am not as angry over the situation, that as far as fathers went, he wasn’t the most terrible…even if he taught me how to enjoy the hunt and savor the kill. You see I don’t consider myself a shinobi as much as I consider myself an assassin…

“But he did teach me the importance of family and keeping home separate from the work of the faith…I cannot say it is the same for everyone who follow Jashin, but for me and my sect, that’s how it was.” Yomi raked her hair behind her ears before she continued.

“Like I told you on my birthday, we all had to “ascend” and I was to formally become a part of the faith and of course it did happen. But I like I said that night, I had become enlightened that night too. I had sacrificed my body, a mere mortification of the flesh, and I had been beaten into unconsciousness…” The woman glossed over this bit as it was as normal as a paper cut.

“While I laid asleep I had a dream…A woman…a Goddess came to me and said that Jashin was false and that she was in fact the real God who required my devotion. Knowing that I would be skeptical she said that she would present me with a few signs to know she was true…

“And lo and behold, the signs she said to look out for came to pass. Eventually, I confronted my “father” wondering if he knew that Jashin was false. He didn’t deny it and it had been the only the second thing he kept from me in our entire time together. I was furious but he was my father, so instead of killing him I took Asuka and the two others and left.” Yomi scoffed at the mere mention of leaving as if it was something that she couldn’t even believe she did. “ By the way, there’s no leaving the cult, but he knew they’d all die in the pursuit of me, and my last request was that he not follow me. So far, he’s honored it.”

“The Goddess who came to me, whose name is Rei if I failed to mention, was not done with me yet. She said that she couldn’t allow someone as devoted as I was to be left with nothing, but, there was a catch...she wanted to make sure I could still be useful to her. So, one of my stops before Konoha was a different hidden village. They let me in, just like Konoha, and me and my team…we played the long con. We worked really hard to gain their trust and as soon as we were able to, we rewarded them for trusting outsiders. Needless to say, the village no longer exists. However, I still paid a price, because that’s how I lost the other members of my team, my family…

“My reward for all of that was Godhood. Rei is now me and I am now Rei bound by mortal flesh, as Asuka and my followers put it.” Yomi still laid on Umashi as she told her story her tone remained even the entire time. there was no hint of anything in her voice. No happiness, regret, anger. sadness, just an even barrage of words. Yomi was sure that he had a lot of questions or at least a plethora of accusations. She half expected to be pushed onto the floor. He’d perhaps ask her for proof, and she was prepared to provide it. Maybe he'd arrest her. Whatever he decided she would not fault him. Yomi didn’t turn to look at him though, she didn’t want to see his reaction. Maybe he’d think it was all a joke. Certainly, she’d feel much worse if he took her Godhood as a joke and would probably smite him for his blasphemy.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Taking a deep breathe, Umashi thought long and hard before he answered. Not wanting to alarm Yomi, he did not draw away form her, or cast a disparaging look in her direction but instead he nodded and then took his time to think his thoughts. Certainly this wasn't how he'd expected to spend his morning and with this revelation, he couldn't say that it wasn't possibly going to cause trouble in the future. Having come to fall in love with the woman, for a split moment, Umashi wondered if this was all just some sort of lust because he was so wanting of love and affection. Shaking that feeling away mentally, he shut away the doubting thoughts as he instead opened his mouth to briefly surmise his own journey. "I only ended up here because Kami managed to capture me. I was hell bent on destroying Konoha because I blamed them for the death of my late wife and child. I have never learned if there was any particular person to blame for that incident but . . ."

Pausing briefly, Umashi resolved to keep his tone just as even as Yomi's had been. "When I was captured, a powerful Uchiha kinjutsu was used on me that in effect reprogrammed my thinking. From that moment on, i could no longer harm Konoha but had to protect it. I've often doubted if I ever hated Konoha so much as an unknown assailant or if I've simply gotten used to my programming but I no longer am an outright threat to Konoha." Gently taking a finger to direct Yomi's face towards his, he stared into her eyes and asked her the only question that he figured needed answer in the moment. "Tell me honestly . . . will you attempt to do the same to Konoha as you did to that last village? I used to be one of the most feared pirates in the known world. I used to kill for gold and glory , and was just as close to becoming the sort of monster that they tell about in fairy tale books. I was that monster, and yet I have spent a long time trying to make for all those things."

Heck, Yomi thought that that was bad? Was there a single leader in Konoha who wasn't guilty of some sin or another? There existed no perfect people in this mortal plane, that much was a fact. Smiling, Umashi refused to waver as he asked the question a second time, only slightly different. "Are you willing to build something new . . . for Konoha . . . for us . . . with me. Or is our love doomed before it ever gets a chance to take flight?" His question asked, Umashi then waited for the woman's response. Umashi had no doubt that in some way, that the woman was broken, but what he did doubt was that she could possible be broken beyond repair. People could change just as the winds often changed the intended trajectory of a storm. All it would require on Yomi's part would be effort, and if she asked for help, Umashi would be there to help her up from the depths of the very lowest parts of her past. To Umashi, the future of Konoha was bright, and if Yomi would join him, it would be the brightest that it ever could be, with her at his side.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
...toast to cliche's in a dark past...

Yomi listened to his response. She knew that what she said put him in a terrible predicament since he was head of the village, but, hearing it from someone else was an easy way to lose him and lose control of her narrative. Instead of responding in the way that she expected, he revealed some truths of his own to her. Unlike her, he was remorseful about his past. To her should it had been any different she wouldn't be right here with him now. Maybe she had to look at it that way in order to be fine. Or maybe there was some higher level of thinking at play because of her Godly state. It was more than likely that all that pent up rage stifled any other emotion she might have had about the first 20 years of her life.

It wasn't until he was done that she realized she was holding her breath. Umashi was every bit of understanding. More than she deserved and way more than anyone could ever hope for. If she managed to stay on this earth for another thousand years, she could say with the utmost confidence that she made the correct decision when she chose him to be her first love.

"I'm not on the hunt. There are no and were never any plans to destroy Konoha. This is my home now and as long as it remains so it will always be privy to my blessings." She thought it odd that he didn't even flinch at the mention of her being a Goddess. It wasn't a bad thing per se, but, usually that was the part of the story where the song came to a screeching halt. If he didn't want to talk about it, she wouldn't bring it up again.

The mention of Kami and the old regime made her think of her friend. Boy, wouldn't Kis---, Yume, be surprised at how much Yomi had changed. Of course, Yume was the only person in the village that originally knew of her secret which helped with her assimilation. She missed her and wished that she would just send a message to say she was alright. Anyway, now the total number of outsiders who knew was three - Yume, Umashi, and Kaori. (Even though Kaori didn't get the full story) If the Sennin had it her way, that would be the end of it.

Turning to him she stared, wondering how she still managed to be so lucky. Nothing in her history led her to believe that the people who loved her, Asuka included, should love her the way that they did. While she knew that she could go on forever without it and was not lovelorn, now that she had it, there was little that she wouldn't do to keep it. So, unlike most times, where she kept her true emotions close to her chest, she didn't want him to walk around unsure of how she truly felt. While she never said such things out loud and he never sought confirmation, it was now necessary to say, especially with everything else out on the table.

"I love you and would do anything for you and for us...Thank you for understanding."

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
I can see forever in your eyes . . .

Looking at him as she was, he couldn't help but to marvel at her amazing eyes. The sheer amount of love and assurance behind them was captivating and her smile was infectious. Smiling, Umashi was overjoyed to hear that she wasn't planning anything nefarious for the village. He wasn't sure if his heart could take such a loss. Love was such a funny word. Oftentimes people were too afraid to say it or used the word so indiscriminately that it ceased to have an accurate enough meaning. Their relationship while still yet new all things considered, was blossoming into something far more amazing than even Umashi had imagined that it would go." "You're welcome my love." WIth so many words to say, sometimes it was best to just live in the moment and let things be as they were. Taking hold of her, he rocked her body close for what seemed like forever. Sometimes all that one needed was a lazy day to come to appreciate what they had.

Continuing to think as he did, he wondered what type of challenges that they'd eventually have to overcome. What type of backlash that they'd face. No matter what it seemed, he couldn't seem to shake the uneasiness of losing her to any sort of unfortunate situations. He wanted to hold and protect her forever, but in their line of work, he knew that such a thing just wasn't a luxury that they could afford. Letting his surface thoughts bubble forth in spoken words, he asked a rather odd but meaningful question.
"What do you think about kids . . . starting a family . . . or am I looking too far ahead?" The simple fact of the matter for Umashi was that he was afraid of losing Yomi like he'd lost his previous wife. Even though it had been so long, there were certain fears that never went away. How long it would take being with Yomi to forget that remained to be seen, but Umashi was willing to continue forward, making new memories with the woman that had fallen in love with an old soul such as him.

OOC: Sorry for the short post, didn't have a lot of time to write like I'd intended to.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yomi chuckled and sat up. The idea of family was something that she was very familiar with. His phrasing left her a bit perplexed, She certainly already considered them a family in her little cabin in the woods. Her family had expanded much in the last several years, between Yume, Kaori and now him. The woman had never given thought to expanding her family in the manner he was suggesting and she would tell him so. An unfamiliar feeling bubbled up in the pit of Yomi's stomach. It was recognizable though as she saw it those on the hunt and in the faces of her patients when she came bearing bad news. This feeling mixed with how vulnerable she felt right now, left her extremely uneasy.

"...No..." She hesitated "It's not too soon...I just..." Yomi exhaled, not usually unable to find the right words, though that question left her searching for the appropriate thing to say.

"I just never thought of expanding my family that way...that's all." But what was the problem? After her confession and exclamation of love for him there was no actual reason why they could not. For so long she only lived for herself and Asuka. Just making sure that everything was right and the three of them (Besito too!) was safe and right when everything was going smoothly, Umashi kicked in door and waved the .44, turning her world upside down. If asked she was sure that he would say something similar happened to him, and while it was true that she pursued him she didn't think it would end up like this. She didn't know what she actually thought. He was just charming enough to make her take notice and they simply ended up here.

Seeking the comfort of his arms she laid back into him and let go of any anxiety that she was having. If she already went this far there was no reason to back out of it now. Turning to look at him she smiled. "But I'm not against working on it right now..." Yomi playfully slid her hand up against his pant leg and rested it on his lap while giving him a sly look. It was still a few hours before either of them had to be anywhere and so she wanted to make use of the time and just enjoy him and lose it...

[TLUS]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
No doubt having there was for the briefest of moments a tense moment between them, but thankfully they were able to laugh it off without more being said on the matter. For Umashi, there was that part of him that wanted to continue where he'd left off with his last family. A lesson that he'd have to learn though was that things would never and could never go back to how they were, they could only go forward. Relieved that Yomi hadn't outright dropped the idea of possibly having kids, Umashi was content with allowing her her space on the matter and letting things happen organically. The last thing that Umashi wanted or needed to do was rush ahead and push Yomi clear out of his life. The fear of losing everything often made those who were afraid hold on to things and people so tight that it was suffocating and Umashi didn't want to be that sort of guy.

When her hand went to rest on him, there was a moment of shock at her boldness, and then Umashi grinned with a sly smirk. Even if they didn't talk about the specifics of expanding a family, he certainly wouldn't pass up the opportunity to spend the rest of his free time enjoying the very act of creating one. Growling at the woman that was ever so playful, Umashi lost himself in the moment that they had together and only focused on the task at hand. It was sweet and enjoyable, the perfect start to their day and exactly what the doctor had ordered. It would be hours later as he was doing work at the hospital, going through his daily rounds that he'd see a family coming in for their annual flu shots that he'd know just what he needed to do, he'd have to marry Yomi and do it soon. Many shinobi didn't care to ever get married because they lived possibly short lives. It was true that life was incredibly short all things considered, but Umashi couldn't imagine going another day without having Yomi as his bride.

OOC: Topic left unless stopped.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back