Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

C-Rank Solo Self-Modded Mission: Health Teacher

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Life as a med-nin in training was quite… stressful already. Kiri had barely had sufficient sleep the night before since he had to read a part of the chapter from that medical book he was given. Reading was one thinking, but understanding was another. Not even the beast in him could help with terminologies flying everywhere. In the end, he ended up writing an entire notebook dedicated for terminologies, and he had even spent time in the library just to look them up. But that did not stop him from the next day’s work. Exiting from his apartment, Kiri quickly went across the village and found the small clinic that belonged to an ageing physician.

Motoyama-san was seventy years old and he still held his licence as a medical practitioner. He had retired from being a full-time resident in the hospital but would often go there to see the patients he referred to. Besides, his clinic was at the opposite side of the village, so those who couldn’t (or too afraid to set foot in the hospital as there were a lot of those) would often find him. Today, it was a special day for the children in the area as they were to be treated to an impromptu health workshop to be conducted by yours truly.

“Sorry for being late,” said Kiri as he entered through the sliding doors of the clinic, but he was greeted by the smile of the kind old doctor, and luckily, the kids weren’t there yet.

“Good morning, my boy. Please, come in. You can set-up at the living room. I already provided a small whiteboard for you. The kids should be arriving shortly. I hope you’re ready,” greeted Old Motoyama.

“Ahahaha… yeah, I should be able to explain to them the necessity of properly brushing your teeth,” he joked and then went to the living room. “If you need me for anything else, please don’t hesitate.”

As the clock struck ten in the morning, the kids arrived one by one. A total of ten children ages 6 and below, ready to enter the Shinobi Academy soon, but first, they will have to learn how to properly take care of their health. Using the whiteboard and placing whatever materials he had prepared for the day, Kiri went to explain the vulnerability of teeth. A child with a missing tooth gasped and almost cried thinking he was about to die. However, good old Kiri-niichan was there to assure him he’ll grow his permanent teeth soon.

He provided the kids with activity sheets where they would erase the dirt called “cavity” that was all over the drawing of the teeth. Next, he had to explain the secret technique to brushing efficiently and effectively. One by one, they mimicked him until they all found a rhythm they could use. It was funny when they ended up having to make a song just for it. Something about the evil cavity swooping down to their teeth after eating sweet snacks, but the tooth ninja is well prepared and with his mastered secret jutsu, he can cleanse the dirty tracks. Oh and something about twice up there, twice down there, side to side, swirl and swirl, don’t forget the tongue, smile and slide, rinse and gargle, then poof! White as can be.

By lunchtime, they would eat their bento and then demonstrate their brushing technique soon after. Needless to say, despite having to figure out how to explain certain terminologies as simple as can be for children to understand (and a few who were noisy and almost not paying attention), he managed the whole affair without fault.

“Thank you for having me today,” said Kiri as he finished cleaning the living room.

“No. Thank you. I was worried with more children coming in complaining about cavities, and I’m not really a dentist, so this little workshop was really good for them,” said Old Motoyama, “Next week, come by earlier. There should be something to do around.”

“I will. See you, Motoyama-sensei.” And with that, Kiri would exit the small clinic, stretch his muscles a bit, and then head home, thinking of nabe that he’ll be cooking for dinner later.

[WC: 725]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back