Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Calling Yuki (Foundry - ANBU Only)

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was a sad fact that he had little trouble picking out an office. Into the hut, down the ladder, and there was a plethora. Apparently the branch was still on the upswing like the rest of the village. Maki simply grabbed the largest empty office and began the process of renovation and furbishing. Someone had been using it for storage previously, and soon the storage room got an influx of new items like janitorial supplies and torture devices.

Being underground, there were obviously no windows. Instead the wall would be adorned with extremely lifelike pictures that were subtly backlit in the frame to give the appearance of windows leading outside. Two to each wall except for that which held the door heading back out to the main HQ. In between these would be various items of display. Here was an ANBU Mask made to look like the majestic hawk, there was a tanto whose blade was a Damascus pattern with an ornate pearl hilt. Everything looked quite tasteful and part of Maki was wondering why the hell he was doing this.

A desk went close to the back wall, bookshelves behind it lined with books on topics ranging from law to specialty combat tactics. Chairs would be laid in a hemisphere out from the desk in three lines, none blocking view of the desk while offering plenty of seating options. On the desk would go the writing implements he was sure he would soon need. Against the wall behind him, between the two sets of bookshelves, would be the closet. It was currently locked with a combination lock and a chakra seal.

Only after he’d set the room up would he send a trainee out to find Yuki to have her report in. It didn’t take much convincing after he explained his new rank and the proof of it.

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki was stood bare footed in the training room that laid in the belly of the Foundry, she was wearing her training gear that consisted of a black body glove and a loose-fitting robe, her crimson hair was tied messily in a bun on the top of her head. She was alone which was how she liked it of late that and she was enjoying the rest bite from the responsibility that Takeshi hand dumped on her plate when he and the others high ranking ANBU swanned off to Sand, she kicked the training dummy again she wasn’t really that angry at him, she just wanted him home and she wasn’t exactly one for dealing with her emotions in a healthy way. The female walked away from the middle of the room away from the dummy and grabbed her towel that she had abandoned when she entered the training room, she wiped the sweat off her forehead and face before placing the towel over her shoulders.

“Miss Yuki ma’am, there is a man upstairs claiming to be the ANBU Captain asking for you to report to him?” The Trainee sounded just as confused to tell Yuki this was the Haku was it hear it.

“But there isn’t a ANBU Captain. Takeshi didn’t appoint one before he left, hence why I have been doing the work of three people. Where is he now?”

“At the moment he is waiting for you in one of the offices, that one that we were using as a store room.”

“Thank you,” Yuki turned and left the room.

The female didn’t even think of changing before storming out of the room, it was more urgent for her to find out exactly who this man was and what he was doing making wild claims, Yuki walked through the corridor her face of the of a woman that was most vexed, first this business with Umashi and now this it was almost like the ANBU couldn’t catch a break. It didn’t take her long to reach the office mainly because she was doing her angry walk, she swung the door open and looked at the man who had made himself more than comfortable.

“Who are you and what are you doing in The Foundry, now you better give me some answers as I am in no mood to play games” Yuki address the male, if she had taken a moment to realised how ridiculous she looked facing off against the male, she probably would have taken the time to get changed first.

[MFT]
[WC=425]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As the door opens Maki begins to smile, the motion quickly reversing as the woman begins screaming things at him. He sits quietly until she’s done, his eyes having gone from a warm brown to a cold green at some point during her demand. As she does finish he sits staring for a moment longer, just long enough to be uncomfortable, before rising from his seat. ”I am Tonkon Maki. I take it you’re Haku Yuki?” Well, this was a fun start to two people who were supposed to be working together. The new ANBU Captain lets the frown slide from his face, his eyes somehow having gone to a golden color.

”I went with our Sennin, Takeshi, and Manzo to attempt to track down a missing ninja who fled the village. However, it appears he’s going to be stuck in Sand working on diplomatic ties there, and he grew concerned about things back here. So he sent me back, with the rank of ANBU Captain, to aid in seeing to the affairs of the ANBU in his absence.” Maki pulls the letter from his pocket and slides it across the desk to the woman. ”A rank he also saw fit to give you. By all means, read it. I’ll wait.”

He clasps his hands behind his back as he waits for her to read it and, hopefully, apologize for the rude introduction.

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki had somehow managed to put her foot right in it then again, she wasn’t really to blame it wasn’t exactly every day that a stranger that you have never met walks in claims to suddenly be in charge. Yuki could feel her cheeks going a little red not annoyance or rage but from jumping the gun a little, she took the letter from his desk, it looked like it had seen better days as it was a little on the crumpled side but both it and the man carrying had travelled a long way. She ripped the envelope open and saw that everything that he had said was true, it was right there in front of her in black and white and with Takeshi’s handwriting. He never did fail to surprise her.

Taking the note, she folded it and place it back into the envelope before putting it back down on the desk. This was a lot to take in all at once. She sighed and rubbed her forehead with her hand before speaking.
“Yes, I am Haku Yuki, I am very sorry for that outburst, things here have been stressful,” She grabbed what was once a chair but was now being used as a shelf, she moved what was on it off and took a seat in front of the Captain. “There have been some…” The Haku searched for the proper word. “Developments that have taken place in your absence, Umashi has gone missing and Yomi has assumed his position of Hokage.” She saw no point beating around the bush, it has is all important information that he needed to know. “I have had instructions to keep the ANBU searching for clues around the clock without rest. To say that she is being unreasonable is an understatement.” She rubbed her eyes she was sure that she had bag son top of the bags under her eyes. “How is Takeshi, is he safe?” She had tried to stop herself from asking that question but having not heard from him for so long she was starting to think the worse.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
”I can well understand that things have been stressful. One sennin kills another then flees the village, the newly named one is immediately sent on a manhunt for another missing while taking two ANBU with him and leaving a mere token force behind. But as that letter told you, we’re going to be fixing that. So fear not, all is forgiven.” As she sits, Maki takes his own seat. It wasn’t the most comfortable looking thing, but it was well work to the point that it didn’t hurt after some time sitting on it. He had a feeling he might dealing with quite a bit of paperwork in the coming weeks, a thought he was not looking forward to with any amount of eagerness.

He was not one show shock as a reaction, but when she said Umashi went missing his eyes widened. He had no clue who this Yomi was, but it was obvious that she was not preferable to Umashi else they wouldn’t have had to wait for this vanishing act. At mention of the new instructions, Maki begins shaking his head softly. This would not do. ANBU were good tools if utilized properly, but using them as bloodhounds was definitely not the proper utilization. He would have to see if they could come to a resolution on fixing that issue. A slight hesitation came before the next question.

”He’s fine last I saw him. Perhaps under some stress. But then again, we all seem to be lately. He’s currently in Sand talking with Kazuki, a Sennin, and I can only assume the Kazekage himself. While our main mission was hunting down a rogue known as Baba, we chose to go to Sand first to attempt to set up a diplomatic line of friendship with them, to foster good relations while our village is still recovering strength.” Maki blinks, his golden eyes suddenly brown. ”Sorry. Not sure where that….little dialogue came from. But he was okay. Like I said, he sent me back here, and names each of us Captain, so that we could keep the branch running and make it better.”

“To that end, we need to figure out some things, I think. First off, how to get our men off of this wild goose chase. If we haven’t found him yet, we’re not likely going to.”
His eyes were once more a bit different. Golden once more, but tinged with green. ”I’d suggest we pull them back and tell them to rest. If the Acting Hokage has an issue with that, we can explain to her that working our men to death does no one any good. Tired people searching for something miss clues that they might not were they fresh. And indeed, we have duties to the village better done than searching for a missing person.”

It was a cold way of putting it, but no less true. Umashi was missing. If he wasn’t found yet, he wasn’t anywhere in the village. They could keep fruitlessly searching, or accept facts and handle things properly. This Yomi might not be happy if they countermand her orders, but their duties were to their village first, men second, and whoever happened to claim leadership third.

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The Haku breathed almost a sigh of relief hearing that at least Takeshi was ok, heh was over there for the reasons for building a relationship with Sand she hoped that it would prevent him from doing something stupid and hearing the Maki had the same opinion of Yomi’s actions as she did it was just good to have her concerns confirmed. The female could help but notice that the male was changing his eye colour, while at first, she though it was just a trick of the light seeing it again solidified to her that it was what was happening, she had to admit that it was a little distracting.

“I am honoured to be given this role and thank you for tell me he is ok, I have been worried sick since he took off Manzo” She bowed a little showing respect to the male as well as her gratitude to be given the title of captain. She nodded her head in agreement having them work around the clock with little to no information about who or what they were looking for having them run around clueless was not the best use of their time.

“I agree, I will pull then back on the next time they have a shift rotation. Yomi mentioned something about black flames, which you lean towards the Uchiha. Now I know the Uchiha. I am married to the clan head, the only one that I know that has the power to do that is currently is Takeshi and as we know he is in Sand,” She lent forwards resting her elbow on the desk pondering what they next move will be. “Umashi once used black fire in a spar once, it not clear like its cloudy in my memory let just say I wasn’t.” There was a pause as Yuki tried to think of a way of putting the next part without arousing any suspicion from the man that sat in front of her “Myself when I saw it. But I remember it being like a shield. But he would not have done that himself would he?”

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maki merely nods at the thanks. It wasn’t a big thing to tell someone her loved one was fine. The mention of black flames did perk him up slightly. At her question, he shrugs and shakes his head. ”I learned not to question people and the things they are capable of. He may have been working with something beyond his abilities to control. There are things in this world that man was simply not meant to attempt. If he did so, then who knows what he could have been capable of doing to himself or others when he lost control. Still, it might be work noting that away somewhere. I think I’ll have a talk with this woman. Soon.”

He was happy that so far the advice was being well taken. He blinks and blue eyes look her over with a slight frown. ”Not to sound rude, but you look like you need some rest. How about we break for now, and meet up later to go over duties?” Another blink and his eyes were once again brown. If he noticed this happening, he didn’t say anything. Indeed, he acted as if nothing odd were going on at all. Perhaps to him it was business as usual, or maybe he didn't even know about it. The odd part was, however, that each time it happened he subtly shifted how he was responding to things. Gold seemed to like talking, almost hearing the sound of his own voice. Words were an art form for that. Green seemed to be a bit less compassionate, blue was abundance of compassion however. Brown was mostly just Maki.

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The female nodded, he was right she couldn’t remember the last time she had gotten rest and didn’t even want to know what she looked like, probably a mess. She got up from her seat and rubbed her face with her hands.

“Your right I do need some rest, a break sounds like a plan. I will return in a couple of hours, in the meantime, I leave the ANBU in your more than capable hands.” Yuki metaphorically passed the reins over to Maki, even though there weren't any reins actually being passed she still felt the weight of responsibility lifted from her shoulders, she felt like she could breathe and think clearly for the first time since Takeshi had left. She turned to leave the room and looked back at him over her shoulder see his eye shift colour again. “It’s odd but I could have sworn your eyes were blue before.” She shook her head. “Must need more sleep than I thought, make my return tomorrow” She left the room closing the door behind her as she sleepily made her way back home.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back