Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Classes are for babies, this is Training! [class]

Hanone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At least they were trying...

The actions were well attempted anyway, though only one them was trying anything other than attacking him bodily via taijutsu. The girl had managed to dodge, a good thing for all of them seeing as she was still alive and he was not having to explain why he cleaved a young academy student in half. She rolled to the side as his axe slammed into the ground, splitting the earth violently. The new sand cloud that was thrown at his face flew over his head, some landing in his hair as his body all came slightly forward with the weapon attack.

Setsuko was beside him aiming a kick for his side and the prickly haired boy was about to attack Saemon from the back so he took advantage of the situation; he released his grip on the weapon, leaving it embedded in the ground and clamped down on Setsuko's small foot as she connected with his body. He then turned quickly, enough to be able to view Mouku from a sidelong look and dropped his foot down on the boy's, pinning him in place to he couldn't run and followed suit by pulling Setsuko's body around him, spinning her by the foot and slammed her into Mouko. And just to be an ass, he didn't stop there and proceeded to throw her across the grassy field at the receding body of Sazawari.

This would leave Mouko at his feet no doubt so he picked up his foot and stepped down on the boy's chest, pushing his 260 lbs of weight onto the boy's frame. His free left hand wrenched the axe from the ground and he held the sharpened edge at the boy's throat. "Since you didn't take me seriously, I will give you an advantage." he said, his gravelly voice easy to hear over the area. At this point his eyes caught sight of the windows of the academy. Several classes worth were pressed against the glass, watching with a mixture of horror and intrigue. Even a few teachers looked stunned.

Saemon didn't have interest in them and looked over at the two in the grass. "I am a taijutsu tank fighter, supplemented by water ninjutsu. I never dodge... " save the groin shot "And embrace pain. People don't expect it and therefore once you're in my arms reach, you're generally dead. I use an axe as you see, but I'm just as deadly with sheer force." He looked down at Mouko, but what still addressing the other two, "There are people out there who could kill me and would only because most of them would realize immediately that attacking me the way you guys are is foolish and they would look for my weaknesses. If you don't want Mouko to die here, then give me to examples of how you should attempt to beat me based on what I told you about me." He pressed the blade harder down upon the boy's throat. A small line of blood started from the spot where it laid.

Sazawari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Once more, Sazawari found himself the target of the terrifying man. He could see Setsukos body closing as if in slow motion, feeling his own body flowing through the air as he had attempted to perform a backwards leap in order to distance himself from the target of the group ambush, he realized he was incapable of dodging, still floating mid-air as the girl came crashing into him. To his surprise, the force of the blow was less than the previous kick he had received. Not that it mattered much, as it was still powerfull enough to knock the air from his lungs when he landed, feeling like a piece of sliced meat in a sandwich between the dusty training field and the obviously furious female part of the trio.

Taking a few moments to catch his breath, lying on the ground gasping for air like a fish on land, Sazawari could hear the course voice of the superior fighter over his own heavy breath and thumping of blood vessels in his ears. *Wha... Not seriously? What the fuck is up with this guy?* He slowly arose, having relieved himself of the weight of the girl on top of him, clutching his now seriously aching shoulder, which had taken most of the hit as he had landed. He hadn't heard anything break yet, but the way it felt he wouldn't be surprised should he find out he was mistaken.

Listening to the words of their teacher, Sazawari couldn't help but to yawn. It was probably something like a nervous tick, he had that habbit, which often was mistaken for boredom or pure out arrogance. However, it allowed for fresh air to refill his battered chest, easing up on the buzzing sound in his head and the white spots before his eyes. "Yaa-aaugh... How could you tell we weren't serious? Was it our impecable timing, our perfect control of techniques or the way we snuck up on you?" He cursed himself. He really had to work with that, do something about that back-talk. Sooner or later it would get him into serious problems.

He had never paid much attention in classes. He had absorbed the outmost necessary, the rest had flown its due course and whatever stuck had stuck. However, being a lazy-ass, he had always worked hard to find the easiest way to do things. His own personal favourite: Poison. One hit, not even a killing blow, and nature would take its due course. "Anybody, no matter how viril, tough or resiliant, will eventually fall prey to the right poison. I figure, since you prefer the head-on combat style, you're not much of a sucker for illusions. Of course, your natural elemental weakness would be the earth element. Anything I missed?" He could see the blood trickling down the neck of Mouko and began to wonder if this would end in a terrible tragedy. He was certain he had answered correctly; He was lazy, not stupid.

[MFT]
WC: 496

Rin Setsuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
‘It hit!’ she realized her she felt her foot connect with Saemons flank, however. The feeling of something grasping her leg like a vice quickly made the feeling of success vanish and at first be replaced by confusion and then as she found herself airborne anger. ‘He is using me as a mace’ the realization hit a split second before she crashed into Mouko. The impact deflating her lungs making her and making her vision go blurry. She felt helpless and angry but what terrified her most of all was the she was scared. This man could at any point decide to snap her leg in two or just simple slam her head first into the ground, but yet she knew deep down that Seamon would not do that, he was a teacher and it would be bad if something like this happened. Yet she could not rid herself of those feelings. And then she felt the firm grip that had embraced her leg disappear. The vice was no long there! ‘What the fu~’ was all she managed to think before she crashed into something… or someone! First one impact then another, though the second one had been considerably softer than the first.

Rolling off Sazawari, Setsuko sat on the ground with her legs straight out, her hands going straight to her head as she tried to rid herself of her blurry and starry vision. “Ouch~” she grumbled under her breath as she was still struggling to inflate her lungs. “Thanks for the soft landing” she muttered while she looked towards Sazawari that was rubbing his shoulder. The dry and smoky voice of Saemon carried across to them and listening to his words it dawned on her how wrong she had been to even remotely think she should have succeeded in her attempt at landing a hit on him. As her vision returned to normal she noticed that Saemon had Mouko on the ground and was resting the beast of an axce on his neck! Saemon had changed the game from brawn to brain, at least for now! The three of them had to come up with an answer that would satisfy him or Mouko would suddenly become a head shorter.

She listened to what Sazawari had to say on the subject while trying to think of something herself. If he was a stationary fighter that would, from what she had so far seen and understood, rather be stationary and let the enemy come to him, his weaknesses would be ranged attacks. Although he had showed them that he could also use ranged attacks of an offensive nature neither she nor the others knew of any others skills Saemon had beyond those that they had seen and felt. “He has a point” she said jabbing her thumb at Sazawari before she continued. “My guess is that in order to defeat you, we’d have to make a timed attack from several directions using ranged attacks, trying to limit your chances at blocking or reflecting the projectiles we throw at you” She took another deep breath to clear out her lungs and nostrils as her hand wiped off dust from her mouth. She noticed that she had also managed to get a split lip as well. “We could also try to blind you, using smoke, mist or dust. Which could be used in conjunction with a poisonous gas but that could also backfire on us depending on the draft and wind.” She stopped again, thinking on what Sazawari had said. “What I think would be the way to beat you would be to hit you with different attacks. Illusions, ninjutsu and weapons from multiple directions while at the same time keeping the distance between you and us, as I am guessing you aren’t just going to be standing there taking everything we send your way”

Motomori Mouko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mouko's fist had gotten so close to the monster. He had felt the heat of the battle wafting off of the old man mere centimeters from his right hand's fingers. He had felt the elation of the moment as he dove forward towards such a powerful foe, so close that he could have extended his hand and touched the giant man. His foot had been firmly planted in the ground, bracing for the chance to dive backwards out of harms way. He had never been ready for what was actually going to be coming at him. His thoughts had run through a few scenarios of what the old man could have possibly done, most of them involving him leaving himself open up for a counter attack from one of the other students. Ninjutsu had always been an option in the deciding attack, but that was just a wild card that the students would have had to deal with when the time came. Mouko had never imagined that the sensei would pick up one of them and use them as a freaking mace. It was insane. It was unpredictable. Thus it was probably extremely genius. To be the sort to never move or waver in the face of a foe was amazing, and the man used his talents mostly for delivering counter attacks. It was obviously something Mouko could get a handle on. The group had undergone such an extreme situation, but what had Mouko worried about the most was the fact that he was thinking all of this through as a human body was heading toward him. It was a fact that he could not overcome by himself. The power of this Jounin was extreme and daunting. As the girl slammed into Mouko, his mouth was most likely slacked and his eyes were staring straight ahead, instead of looking for an escape. The only escape from this man was to run, as fast and as long as possible.

Before the young student even could register the pain that he felt, a mountain had collaspsed on top of him with force that drove the air from Mouko's lungs making the burn slightly. The blade leading up from his throat was quite the touch as well, and would have driven fear deep into the boy's heart if he had not already begun pushing everything from his mind except for the logic that he had. He needed to think clearly, because panic would only cause him to be impaled by the sword that much quicker. So Mouko began to relax his body, letting everything go slack and casual. He turned his cold eyes up to his professor, not allowing himself to speak for fear of his throat muscles coming into contact with the blade of the sword. At this point, he would have to trust his comrades for their input on the matter. Hoping with all of his might that they would take the situation seriously and not let a monster like their instructor impale him.

Hanone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a good thing they had taken him seriously. Mouko was stuck down on the ground, his mighty axe against his throat and Saemon's foot on his chest. The other two were rubbing their injuries and coming up with the answers he demanded.

The boy spoke up first. Of course he couldn't resist spewing some of his coarse attitude at his sensei like spitting acid. Sae really couldn't care less though. If his pride was hurting, he could save face by being an ass. He'd done it enough times in his youth as well. He relented up his thoughts on defeated him a moment later though, effective attempting to save Mouko's life. They were all good answers. So his eyes transferred over to the dark haired girl. She responded as well, with some good thoughts. Both children had good ideas.

So he lifted his axe and foot from the boy's body, hooked his booted toes under his rib cage and pushed, rolling him away from him. Sighing, the jounin dropped his head to his chest and closed his eyes. He seemed almost weary. "Good. Then why didn't you try any of those things?" Of course the answer was simply; they couldn't do any of those things. Just as well...

Saemon heaved his axe up and placed the upper part of the handle on his shoulder. When he raised his head again, he was looking away at nothing. "Alright. You all did very good. We don't need to go any further. Class is over." He had started the class telling them they had to be here for hours, said he wouldn't quit, but what he wanted them to do was think, and act as a team and realize what the world was filled with; and it was filled with shinobi like himself.

He didn't really want to offer anything else to these kiddies, to just go home, but he felt it was required of him and so he said, "Is there anything else you all wanted to know, anything you need from me? It's likely you'll all be graduating soon so... ya know, you'll be doing this for real soon, not just for play."

Sazawari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sazawari could not help but to feel a sense of relief as the monstrous blade was lifted from the neck of Mouko. Obviously, the wielder was satisfied with the answers the battered youth had provided for him. *Why di... He can’t seriously be expecting us to know how to do these things already, does he?* He kept his tongue this time, however, and held his attention fixed on the speaker. *Over? Finally...* His mind immediately conjured images of the dish his mother had promised to arrange for him, the spiced roasted hare. However, at the offer to provide further education, Sazawaris thoughts began revolving around the answer he had just provided. "Well, you wouldn't be able to teach a technique or two of the methods you'd prefer us to utilize to defeat you?" Second to fighting dirty with poison, illusions were a close runner up for his favourite method of combat. A part of him hoped that the answer would be no, letting him have the rest of the day off, but the other part of him began building up a sort of excitement at the possibility of learning more from the battle-hardened combat master.

Rin Setsuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
‘Good. Then why didn’t you try any of those things?’ The sentence rang in her head like church bells on a wedding, nonstop! But before she could reply to it, Saemon continued to speak and when he was finished she just sat there dumbfounded. How could this be it? They had barely even started what he himself had said would take hours. She turned her head to look at Sazawari as he spoke, his words striking home as she had wanted to learn, not just get her ass kicked – though she found it almost funny that the person that to her had seemed to be the laziest of the bunch, maybe except the sensei was the one that first spoke about being taught something that would actually be of use to them. Being a student as she was, Setsuko raised her hand above her head as she had now gotten into the ‘I am at school’ state of mind, though she quickly without waiting for Saemon to say anything asked “Could you teach us some of the rudimentary skills?” Even though she was still angry at the man for beating her and being the indirect cause of her split lip, she still had respect for the man as her superior, but also as a master that had more skill and knowledge of it was to be a shinobi that the three younglings combined times three.

Motomori Mouko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mouko felt the air blow out of his lungs once more, as his body began to skirt across the ground away from the hulking man. Oddly enough, relief washed over him as he dropped the facade of his calmness. He had to keep breathing steadily to stop from shaking all over, but minuscule tremors still ran through his body. The young twelve year old boy had gone toe to toe with one of the village's most elite shinobi available. That same shinobi had also granted the boy the chance to walk away from the said encounter, almost completely unscathed. It was nothing less then a miracle that the three students had not gotten themselves killed against their opponent. Mouko's body certainly hurt from head to toe, most of which was covered in bruising. Even though he felt dizzy, lacked air, and had no more energy, Mouko made himself stand up as the students spoke to the academy teacher. He barely even moved an inch since we started this fight, could such a monster truly exist? How does one going about defeating one of Gaia's own Mountains?, the boy thought as he rocked back and forth, trying his best to keep his balance. He was glad that the exercise was over, because it had taken a lot more out of him than he had originally thought that it would. Mouko lowered his eyes down to the ground, his breath growing heavy for a moment as he spoke to their instructor, "I... I will not attack... someone like that. If it... comes to this again... " Two sets of fierce eyes popped up from where they were to stare straight at Saemon, as the young boy's hands gripped tightly into fists on the ends of his long arms, "...I will smash through the mountain with my own fists!"

{{ooc: it was totally corny... buuuuut, I"m tired.}}

Hanone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It turned out the children wanted more from him than simple answers. It wasn't that he blamed them, but he also wasn't interested in doing this teaching thing any more than he already had. He contemplated how to answer them for a moment, then decided the simplest answer was just "No." Certifiably it wasn't what they had been expecting, but it's all they got regardless. At least he could go back and leave his recommendation for their graduation. Who knew, maybe he'd even find himself working with the children again in the future. But not today. Today, he was done... and he wasn't sure if the wounded boy didn't have a concussion or something the way he was spouting out beating mountains with fists.

With a deep sigh, the huge man resealed the axe with the same deftness and speed as he had brought the beast of a weapon to bear. It was gone in a plume of swirly smoke and the crew was left looking at one another. A moment passed, then he popped a new cigarette in his mouth and started to walk away. Whatever else they wanted to do was up to them. He was outtie.

[topic left unless stopped
Mouko, Setsuko and Sazawari all earn +500 yen and +5 stats of their choosing. Please link this post to your training log when you train next and mention where you would like your stats allotted to. Yen has been given!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back