Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Controlling the Flames [C Rank]

Tenrai Indou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had not been very long since Indou had found his resolve to become a shinobi, and in an even smaller amount of time he had found two ancestors and a sensei who would help forge his weak body into one that would be able to walk the very tough path infront of him, and with the revelations from his group trainings Indou knew one thing, he was emotionally and mentally lacking he had failed Kuro sennin when he was placed in a group setting instead of sticking to the goal at hand he fell prey to childish behaviors some of which, especially with his chakra control lacking, could have ended in serious injury for his supposed team mate and not only then but his outburst of rage which had nearly killed him when he was studying and learning about the fate of his grandfather Indou felt himself slipping and so far the only person he trusted to help him with this was Kuro sennin.

Of course he respected Tsukira and Gesshoku but they had been nurturing their own grudges for centuries even the impressionable Indou could tell that he wanted... no he would avenge their plights but he knew that he musn't fall victim to their collective rage or he could risk losing everything that he held dear.

These thoughts weighed heavy on the youths head as he stepped forward into the main training room and sat seemingly in meditation awaiting Kuro sennin's arrival.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Focusing the Flames [requesting Kuro]

Kuro arrived in his Sharingan body it wasn't that he did not expect for Indou to be able to tell the difference it was simply to be able to teach Indou everything he could about abilities he had discovered. As Kuro understood it, most wielders of the famed Sharingan had basic abilities that despite the differences in the scale of their powers were all the same. Meaning all the abilities Kuro had identified and unlocked within this body should be the same or better within Indou. Kuro could more closely relate to Indou's potential in this form and in doing so make sure that Indou surpassed his abilities in this form. Sharingan Kuro wore a grey and violet kimono with matching hakama pants. He wore violet obi around his waist where he had tucked two scrolls neatly into this silk laced sash. Sharingan Kuro wore his battle pouch atop the sash just above his right hip. He wore his leg sheath on the interior of his hakama just atop his silk gi shorts. A convenient cut in the silk cloth of his left hakama pants leg allowed him full access to his items without showing exactly where it was till he motioned to grab it. Securing his Anbu Arm guards and leggings were Kuro’s enhanced the runic terran seal wraps for his hands, forearms, shins and feet. Kuro wrapped his tail around his obi making sure it appeared to be a furry black tiger skin tail with silver stripes added onto his obi. His hair was braided in ancient ceremonial fashion making his oxen horns much more pronounced yet also making him look a little more human. Sharingan Kuro’s eyes were not in their activated form and as such were violet with golden slits. Somehow Kuro looked eternally tired as the dark rings around his eyes looked like he never really slept. Truth be told at least one of Kuro's bodies was awake at all times and as such, everyone of Kuro's forms had dark rings from lack of sleep on one level or another.

"Greetings Indou-san, how may I help you today?"<i></i>

Tenrai Indou

Yen
ASP
Deaths

In Indou's mind

The boy sat in an empty room but the room itself was curious there was a blindingly bright light on the left half of the room and on the right half of the room there was an all encompassing darkness and directly on the median sat Indou and as if to complicate things more he himself was not normal but a spirit body split in half just as the room was but his dark half was on the side of the light and while his light side was on the side of the abyss and though he had never ventured here before in his meditation he knew a few things, first was he did not feel as if he was in any danger in this place in fact a very warm and familiar feeling ebbed through him from the blinding light and oddly enough a very similar feeling came to him from the abyss, the other thing he knew, the thing that grabbed at his attention more than his odd appearance and this odd place, was that he was not alone. There were four other presences near him though he could not see them as if they were hiding themselves from him but he could not divine the purpose of them hiding their presence so feebly unless they were simply testing him to see if he could sense them there.

hello?

he said not so much with words but with his mind, and as if that was the key the four presences moved faster than his eyes could follow and while staying within their own boundaries they surrounded him and he looked upon their forms the two who came from the abyss both had eternal mangekyou sharingans and only a small orb of white in the center of their forehead

Tsukira and Gesshoku sama....?

then turning to the light he saw only one of them possessed the sharingan and a smile hit his face knowlingly as he looked at the beings of light who opposite their abyssal counterparts held a small orb of darkness where their hearts would had they been corporeal

hello grandfather.... and father

back in the real world

Indou's eyes snapped open upon the greeting from Kuro sennin and due to his shock from being pulled out of such deep meditation he even managed to fall over before getting his hands under himself and pushing himself up from the ground patting himself off as he looked and smiled a bit at Kuro sennin.

Ah hello Kuro sennin, um I was wondering if i could perhaps.... well actually i'm not entirely sure where i should start... perhaps with my eyes?

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Sharingan Kuro nodded to Indou, "Are you alright? You seem to be distracted, I know the changes on your physical body have been dramatic and harsh but if your mind is weary you must rest." Sharingan Kuro wore a black robe with a hood, all made of reinforced silk with interlaced steel mesh armor allowing it to switch from a humble robe to well made armor. Sharingan Kuro wore a matching belt and sheath around his waist where he had sheathed an honor sword. Sharingan Kuro wore his battle pouch atop the belt it was a simple lizard leather pouch but easily camouflaged by layering his robe over it. Sharingan Kuro wore his leg sheath on the interior of his robe upon his left thigh just atop his silk gi shorts. Sharingan Kuro actually had to move his robe aside dramatically for full access to his items which showed exactly where it was when he motioned to grab anything. Securing his Takahashi forged battle guards and lower leggings were Sharingan Kuro’s enhanced runic terran sealed wraps for his hands, forearms, shins and feet. Sharingan Kuro wrapped his tail around his waist making it appear that Kuro wore a belt of tiger fur.

Tenrai Indou

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Indou did not know how to explain what he saw but he thought to give it a try.

Its not so much that i am fatigued as i am confused, recently when i meditate i am transported to a different place than where i was when i was training in the mentat chambers its a very strange place that is divided into a blindingly white zone and an abyssal black zone and on each half of the zones are two of my family members. The light half holds my grandfather and father while the dark half holds Tsukira and Gesshoku. Though i don't think the colors reflect the nature of the person i think they reflect aspects of how they viewed the world... i believe that the two sides of my family Fujikaru and Black Sands are trying to show me how to access something that only I can do, but i feel that first before i try and figure that ability out i need to awaken these eyes fully and perhaps then i will be able to see what they are trying to show me in the Monochrome

Indou shrugged his shoulders slightly but his face had shown a slight amount of shock where had that word come from? And just how did he know that was the name of the place within his soul.

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Entering the Dojo, he would shuffle about the hallways slowly, his mind lost in deep thought. His feet were heavy, sluggish, they dragged across the ground as if anchors were tied to them weighing them down, restricting his every step. His troubles were on full display for all to see, draped across his tired, exhausted face. Large black circles hung beneath his droopy eyes, dark shadows bruising his pale white skin. He hadn't had a decent night sleep in weeks, not since the transformation had been completed. Every time he would close his eyes, the bright glowing glare of the tiger's eyes would be staring right back at him. It's mighty jaw would open wide, revealing it's savage teeth, before letting out another ferocious roar, awakening him from his slumber. This had been going on for far too long now, and there appeared to be no end it sight. At first he had dismissed the image as only a meager nightmare, but lately he had been witnessing a vision of the majestic animal in the daytime, stalking him wherever he went. This couldn't be just a mere coincidence, it had to be a sign of some sort, the tiger was trying to tell him something, and that is why he had ventured to the Throne of Bone. Asagao was in great need of some wisdom and insight, a task only suited for one person: Master-Toraono.

Sliding open the door, he would pause for a second before entering. Withdrawing his foot from the entry way, the sight of Toraono-Sama already engaged with another individual made him rethink going in; wouldn't it be considered rude to interrupt? Taking in a deep breath, he would exhale and step into the room despite the current session going on, closing the door softly behind him. Unlike earlier, this time his feet were swift across the floor making his presence almost unnoticeable. Heading towards the back of the room, he would wait quietly until he was addressed to step forward. No matter how long it took, he would stand by patiently and wait his turn.

[Topic Entered]
[ooc: Thanks Kuro. I took some liberty with why my guy was coming to see you]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Sharingan Kuro felt his Byakko counterpart approaching and smiled as he spiritually improved in his presence. "I suspect both you and my Byakko counterpart are experiencing the same thing. What Lord Byakko Asagao and you have found is the void in yourselves, the portion of the your inner spirit that demands to be fulfilled. For you of pure Uchiha blood it is called 'Monochrome' the land of light and shadow. For us with demonbeast or celestial blood it is the dreamscape. These are the places within us where we may tame, alter, augment, rebuild, recover, heal, or destroy the spirit. When a demon enters a mind the dreamscape is where they go to rend the soul. I suspect Lord Asagao my Byakko Brother must now live up to his obligation to Byakko and tame a sand tiger and form a bond so that its spirit will find peace and not torment his soul. For you Mentat Indou, you must decide whether to seek eternal power or embrace the Sunaku within your blood. Either side of your blood will grant you power but I suspect you only want the power of sight beyond sight and not mastery of the desert sands. When you are both ready I will take the time to guide you both on the journey into your souls but each will require a sacrifice. For Indou he will need to take the life of another of Uchiha blood, worry not they will not be family. We have one such sacrifice awaiting a sentence in the Obsidian Palace. For Asagao he will need for his spirit to defeat and absorb a Torazuka in the Elderwoods and be granted the boon of a sand tiger companion. This will not be easy for either of you, I do hope that both of you will find it in your hearts to forgive me for pushing you to the limits and beyond so that your souls may be at peace with the lives you must choose to lead."

Tenrai Indou

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Indou tilted his head at Kuro when he started talking about a byakko counterpart, there was no one else there but the two of them after all but then after looking around he saw him, how had he snuck in so easily? Indou was more than a little distraught at his lack of focus, but then there was more to what Kuro was saying and the part of Indou discarding his High Sunaku heritage struck something within him.

It is not that i wish to simply gain one side of the blood within me Kuro sennin... its that i feel that beyond both of these inheritences there is something that I am missing a power or perhaps an understanding that i am not grasping but i feel it may not be the time for me to take hold of it yet but i know it is there waiting for me... somewhere in the Monochrome... waiting for me to find it and make it my own....

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Sharingan Kuro smiled and stood as he used his kinesis to bring in a sandstone target and a heavy metal target. "Indou san, I am going to let you in on a secret, a long time ago I gained abilities very much like the sharingan. Because of that I am able to teach you a few things that may lead you to what you seek. Have you ever read up on the ocular genjutsu Tsukuyomi? I believe I can place you in a trance that will put you in reach of the Monochrome. As for my brother Asagao san I have to take him to meet the caretaker in the Elderwoods. Brother Asagao what do you feel like you should do, I can hear whispers now and then but only YOU can hear Byakko's call what is it that would satisfy his pull upon your soul?" As Sharingan Kuro conversed with them both he levitated two trays in, one with underfruit, heavy and sweet like the apples of old but white as the bleached diamond sands and electrolyte touched water with a single tiny lightning spark chakra crystal in the base of the pitcher to continuously purify the water.

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Perking up at the sound of his name, Asagao would move in closer and take a seat beside the young student. Giving the boy a polite head nod, he would smile warmly at the kid, before turning his attention back towards Kuro-Sama. Feeling relieved by his Master's words, he felt as if a giant weight had been lifted off of his mind, for it was just as Asagao had anticipated, Master-Toraono was well aware of what was currently happening to him. He had been correct with his assessment that the Tiger was trying to make contact, but it was still unclear for what purpose....until now.

Closing his eyes and clearing his head, he would attempt to hear the Byakko's call and reach out to the celestial feline, hoping to put an end to this bizarre issue once and for all. The world around him would slowly come to a stop, as his conscious self slipped beyond the outer regions of his mind. He could sense the beast even before seeing it; but he was always able to sense it, the creature was always with him, watching. The darkness was everywhere, his mind was consumed by blackness as his meditation reached it's final stage. A white shadowy figure moved in closer, it's legs swayed up and down in that distinct motion of a cat on the prowl. It growled softly as it saw him, it's mouth was closed, so it sounded more like a deep rumble in it's throat, but it was still fierce and terrifying, nonetheless. Remaining calm, Asagao would keep still and let the cat move in as close as it wanted to. He could feel it's warm breath upon his face as stared him down. It's sharp whiskers brushed up against his cheek as it circled him, sniffing him, inspecting him. Leaning in close, the tiger would whisper into his ear, directions, plans for a bonding ritual. Kuro-sama had been correct about venturing into the Elderwoods, but there was one more extreme step to the procedure he had not mentioned.

Asagao's eyes would suddenly burst open, and he would exhale a sharp gasp of air from his mouth. His heart was racing frantically and beads of sweat trickled down from his forehead. He had never before gone so deep into meditation, it felt as if he had been asleep for weeks only to be suddenly jolted awake. His mind was groggy and disoriented, it would take him several minutes to calm down and regain his composure. "It....is....done." He would say, panting, still unable to catch his breath.

"I am to tame him." He would speak up, finally, after a few silent minutes. "But there is something else that must be done." This was going to be the tricky part, as explaining this was going to sound down right insane. "In order for the bond to be completed a ritual of sorts must take place. I am to swap hearts with the tiger." Looking up towards Kuro, Asagao desperately sought reassurance that this was not unheard of. That he had not just dozed off and dreamed up this madness, that this was indeed the will of the White Tiger that had been haunting his dreams.

[Marked For Training]

Tenrai Indou

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Indou nodded he was not opposed to going into the monochrome again, he had never met his ancestors in such a strange form and they all seemed as though they were not ready to speak to him but he felt there still might be something precious to gain from venturing into that strange world once more.

very well i am not sure how long i will stay down but i know there is more for me to learn there this day Kuro sennin, lets go for it

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"The caretaker will arrive shortly, in the Elderwoods we have desert tiger cubs that spend the first two years of their lives here before being released into the desert to live amongst the wilds. When you are to swap your heart with the beast it is to form a bond with it so that it can become part of you and you a part of it. It is one of the rites of the Torazuka, in order to become a beast warrior or one of the bonded. The tiger cub will grow exponentially and partake of your personal knowledge. In your case it will become a demonbeast like yourself, the actual sharing of heart, minds, and souls is not unpleasant as I am told but the caretaker will explain that to you when he arrives. I will use genjutsu to take Indou into the Dreamscape so he can reach his Monochrome, just be careful with the Caretaker, he is a being that houses an Ancient so he is no longer human or Ancient. He is somewhere in between and his connection to this world and the spirit realm is near absolute. Never challenge him out right, he dropped my father in one blow and without remorse slew a clan member for trying to bond a cub without his permission. His reign over the tora no suna (Tigers of the Sand) is absolute and as a direct servant of Byakko only you or Lady Yanshi may ask him directly for favors, I can request his judgement on certain matters but he is not beholden to me and I can ask him for no favors. The only reason he is coming here is because I told him that my brother in the Byakko Clan is here to receive his blessing. He will test you, but I think he will like you because like me you are unlike any other being in existence."

Sharingan Kuro then turned Indou and his eyes began to glow a bright violet as he prepared to use Tsukuyomi. Kuro did not specifically have Tomoe like a true Uchiha he actually had claw slashes that fit together like Yin & Yang. His eyes violet and gold began to swirl about the irises as chakra and spirit energy began to spiral about as violet lightning sparked off of his horns. "When you are ready Indou reach out and grasp my horns and look into my eyes willingly so that I may join you on your journey."<i></i> Sharingan Kuro kneeled before Tenrai Indou so that he could accept the genjutsu on his own and learn more about navigating his mind.

Tenrai Indou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Indou looked at the newcomer who he had paid not attention for a short amount of time, and now that he was hearing his story his curiosity was perked to the extremes, after all how many adolescents of 13 have ever heard of someone swapping hearts with a feral beast in order to bond ones mind body and soul to it? Indou reckoned that there were very few indeed, not being a stranger to having another's presence within his mind Indou wondered if the beasts mind would be much different: would it have coherent human like thoughts? base instincts and desires? Indou wanted to know more and he was on the verge of asking if his training could be halted so that he may witness such a rare event until a single phrase uttered by Kuro would pause all intrigue in its tracks.
Toraono Kuro said:
just be careful with the Caretaker, he is a being that houses an Ancient...<i></i>

Immediately Indou relayed this information to his sword Engetsu which housed the spirit of Gesshoku, he had found an Ancient! And it did not matter that it was a human that had bonded with an Ancient this creature could be of use to him when he was ready to begin his war to retrieve Gesshoku's eyes but for now Indou would quietly hide this information away in his mind, though he could not stop his body's reaction to the information as his hand immediately went for Engetsu's hilt only stopping when he realized what he was doing and letting his hand fall limply back to his side this was a matter for another time...

Indou turned his attention back to Kuro, whose eyes had changed colors and if by some way of synchronization his eyes would begin to change his right eye obtaining the normal crimson hue of the sharingan while his left eye turned completely black with a single red tomoe appearing in it, an inheritence of Tsukira's.

Alright Kuro sennin, I am ready

he said staring back into the strange violet's of the demon's eyes.

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Paying very close attention to every word spoken, Asagao would sit in silence and soak in the instructions, making sure he had a firm grasp over everything he had just been told. A lot was riding on this, and he wanted to be prepared for what was going to come next. Placing his hand gently upon his chest, he would press his palm down firmly, until he could feel the constant beating of his heart. He was surprised by how calm it was, he half-expected it to be pounding away frantically, as if it were desperately trying to break free and escape before it was too late. His stomach on the other hand did not mirror his heart's cool, collective demeanor - no, it was scrambled up in anxious knots. The thought of having his heart removed and replaced with a wild animal's made his gut quake in terror; yet his heart remained the same, only producing a soft rhythmic beat, almost as if it had always been anticipating this day to come.

"Very well, I will wait here for the Caretaker." He would reply to Kuro with a slight bow, before turning his attention to the young boy sitting beside him. Asagao, not too long ago, had previously experienced something similar to what this boy was about to go through, so he could understand the difficulties that may lay ahead for him. With a kind, reassuring smile, he would nod his head and wish him well upon his journey inside the Dreamscape. "Good luck. I hope you find what it is you are seeking." And with that he would stand and remove himself from the room, allowing the ritual to commence, while waiting to embark on his own odyssey.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tenrai Indou:

Tenrai found himself in a world that was bright and vibrant beyond anything he had ever known. A large forest loomed overhead and soft black earth lay comfortably beneath his feet. He found himself in a set of black body armor with a matching helmet. A visor covered his eyes as a powerful wind blasted through the trees making the smallest particles of rock, and fallen pine needles whip about like they could cut through a man. As he looked about after the wind blasted through the forest he saw no one then a clawed hand touched his shoulder and Kuro was there, he was more massive than ever, and his flesh itself was thick like armor, he wore nothing more than reinforced linen pants. As he looked about another blast of wind blasted through the forest, throwing sparks of Indou's armor, yet he could almost taste the blood on the wind, and the scent of battle, he couldn't remember where he had smelled it before but he recognized the scent. As Kuro led him through the forest they came to a wide clearing where a three year old boy sat before a monstrous serpent. It circled about the toddler and lashed out at the child with blistering wind strikes only for them to be deflected by black and crimson flames. His eyes could not be seen but as Kuro pointed Indou was certain that the toddler he was looking at was him.

"What you see before you is a part of your psyche being attacked by either an emotion or a memory, this is one of blocks that prevents you from reaching your goal. I will be here but only you can truly confront the enemies within you. I have given you demon skin armor and your mind has provided you with a helmet to protect your thoughts and your spirit has given you a visor to ensure that your vision is never clouded. Go forth and begin freeing you heart of all obstacles and as you learn what it is you truly seek you will be able to step forth and take your place among the nin of Sunagakure."<i></i>

Indou's portion of the Topic stays in this thre

Byakko Asagao:

Asagao waited on the steps of the Throne of Bone Tower for the Caretaker to arrive, he did not have to wait long as a simple looking older man in gray robes and black pants without shoes or shirt showed up to look him over. At first he seemed completely harmless but as he got closer Asagao felt as if he could be gutted from throat to groin at any moment. His presence grew all consuming as he came forward to stand right in front of Asagao. He was only five feet tall and he just barely reached that height, he was so lean it seemed uncomfortable, and his hair was a forest gray, like that you would find amongst old trees. His eyes could tell stories by themselves they were terribly old and devoid of any sincerity. He was like a wise old predator, all he did was decide which cubs were ready to be testing and which should die and be reborn. Eyes black as the void with slight grey and brown flecks looked Asagao over expectantly as visual cues came into place, the Caretaker left no foot prints, even in the dust, and his movement was crisp, and direct. His feet were like Kuro's their were claws where nails should have been, his hair, beard and moustache gave him the look of an ancient liger made into a man. His hands were calloused, rough, strong, elderly, yet purposefully deadly. As Asagao took in what his senses were overwhelmed by at first he finally realized he was not alone as tigers of all sizes, and colors simply shifted from the very shadows and architecture to surround him as they took in his scent and one by one over one hundred and twenty eight of those incredibly intelligent tigers that felt he was unworthy of their time left the area until only one reasonably young tiger remained. Even though he was young he was remarkably well muscled, and well groomed; his length from head to hind-quarters was two and a half meters, his tail was an additional 1 meter in length. He weighed three hundred pounds even yet all the same, as he moved he didn't make a sound. The Caretaker beckoned Asagao with a flicker of his left hand to follow him and the young male tiger towards the Elderwoods. It seemed it was time for Asagao to make his choice after all.

Caretaker leaves this topic for the Elderwoods after Asagao posts.

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sitting alone upon the stone steps of the Dojo entry way, left with only his thoughts to keep him company for the first time since agreeing to this madness, it was here that the gravity of what he was about to endure was finally beginning to set in. Having had no real time earlier, to take a moment and consider what it was that was about to happen, it was now that he was finally starting to realize the magnitude of what this moment truly meant, and how it was going to alter his life forevermore. To be linked to another being, and to carry their heart inside you was a terrifying prospect, one that left doubt swirling around his stomach like a swarm of angry bees protecting their hive. He was about to hand over his heart to a wild animal in exchange for an ever lasting loyalty, to secure a bond that could not be broken....was this not mad?

Looking up, his train of thought would be broken, shattered to the ground in pieces. A figure was approaching slowly from the distance; a feeble old man by the looks and pace of his hobbled shuffle. Standing up, he would call out to man, attempting to inform him of the current situation, so that he need not make the trip, further putting more miles on his old, battered legs. "If you are here to see Master-Toraono, I must warn you he is unavailable at the moment." He called out, not knowing that Kuro-sama had the ability to manipulate many different bodies at once, therefor always having the ability to entertain an audience. "I do apologize, I imagine the walk over here must have been difficult for..." He would pause mid-sentence, as the old man drew near; Asagao's heart would finally jump to life beating rapidly inside his chest like never before. The outer shell of the elderly man appeared to be weak and brittle, but his eyes told a different story. They were hard and wise, a gateway to another time, one Asagao would probably never understand. A life that had been forged of hardships that is no longer common in this day and age. Remaining still, he met the man's steel eyes and could once again feel his heart attempting to leap out of his chest. The accelerated pulse was leaving him slightly out of breath, causing him to inhale large gulps of air through his nostrils. Trying his best to disguise his discomfort and appear calm and collective, Asagao couldn't shake that these emotions and feelings were not just a coincidence: which could only mean one thing. "Care...taker?" The word fell from his mouth with an uncertainty, it was a question for which he already knew the answer, but was still vary wary of the truth.

The Tiger's would make their appearance almost immediately following his question, as if by design. The old man had yet to utter a single word, but had just confirmed Asagao's suspicion by introducing his tiger companions. Looking them over, his stomach groaned as the fear of this alteration loomed closer and closer. Taking a step back, as the old man's hand raised into the air, he sighed a quiet, subtle sigh of relief as his bony had only motioned for him to follow. It would appear as though he had passed the first test and had been accepted. At least for now.

[Marked For Training]

Tenrai Indou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Indou's eyes opened slightly then they scanned his surrounding area noticing that he for some reason was not within the Monochrome just yet it would seem that there was something blocking him from venturing there for now and upon further inspection he noticed that he was dressed quite strangely, for who had ever heard of a shinobi in full knight armor before? certainly not the small boy though he had to admit his adolescent mind found the suit of armor quite amusing and he had to restrain himself from having a pretend sword fight against the powerful gales that whipped throughout the forests of his mind. All of his inner musings where brought to an end immediately as a familiarly clawed hand was placed upon his shoulder and began to gently guide him through the the expansive wilderness that seemed to be fighting against their invasion with all of its might.

Finally they reached a clearing but here was yet another curiosity to add to the seemingly endless things that lived within either Indou's mind or his genetic coding. Before he could even ask about the strangeness unfolding before him Kuro began with his explanation and it did make sense to him to an extent. The two combating forces within Indou's psyche actually related to what he saw in the Monochrome, and perhaps it was the reason that within that place no one side spoke to him as they had already made their decisions about the path that they needed to follow and it was thought provoking, so much so that when Kuro finished his instruction and told Indou that it was up to him to figure out how best to deal with the situation before him that instead of walking towards the two anomalies with any sort of malice he simply sat about ten feet away from them crossing his legs and staring at the two who seemed to reverberate with his approach as if they could feel him before they actually saw him.

The two entities stopped their war of attrition and instead stared at the boy in his armor as if they were waiting for a choice to be made.

...I'm right aren't I?

he said looking from the serpent to the toddler but neither gave any sign of acknowledgement to his question, but Indou knew that he was being tested and as most tests of this nature and this magnitude were set up there was no real correct answer there was only the answer that was best for him.

Your fight for control, has stopped the both of you from being able to develop properly... I suppose the same could be said for me, after all you are both me...

he would look at the serpent, its massive body was coiled but even under the scales you could see the thick corded muscles and could feel the raw instinct that took in all of its surroundings with the quick flickering of its tongue.

overwhelming power...

then he turned his eyes to the toddler and saw that though it was not physically powerful its mind was ever calculating and that they burned with a dark eternal flame.

peerless intelligence...

The boy would look at both of the entities both were equally powerful and he suspected that should he reach his hand out and choose one that it would finally gain the edge it needed to take control and the inner forces that fought inside him would finally quell but Indou was of a differing mindset and so he did nothing, his body remained motionless as he stared at both of the apparitions and then a slight smile came to his face and he stood.

I am sorry... this is my fault my immaturity has caused this and has stunted the growth of both of you...

the boy took three paces forward and then stopped again raising his finger and posing a question that he did not expect either entity to answer.

I understand what everyone was trying to tell me in the Monochrome i have yet to choose what it is I will do... that is why they appeared on one side or on the other, and yet i remained straddling the border of both the world of light and the world of darkness... but that was their choice and I am not them am I? no of course not I am however a biproduct of the pairing of their genetics I would assume that they may have been here before as well and they made their choices but I will not do as they did for I see a better way... Let me ask you Son of Man and Great Serpent, do you know what they call a powerful great serpent who has the mind and fire of a man?

as he posed his question the Great Serpent and the Son of Man began glowing with an aura of power that made the very air hum with energy, but still the boy did not halt nor did he hesitate, his hesitating was actually one of the main sources of the discord in his life, he would choose the way that his ancestors had neglected to think of or perhaps they did think of it but it simply did not suit their natures.

I know who I am, I am a child of Tsukira and Ryuu both, I am an Uchiha, a collecter and keeper of the flames, I possess the will of fire and it burns within me and I will not turn my back on myself.... I accept you both

and at the uttering of his last words both the Son of Man and the Great Serpent let out a blinding light and when Indou's vision returned before him stood a small yet noble and proud dragon.

ah, yes well I suppose you did get what i meant then?

But the dragon simply stared at him

Ah... this is... what should I call you? What am I saying you just came into being how would you know your name? well Tenrai can be translated into Divine... but if we look at it another way it could also be read as Thunder, which is also something that could be considered heavenly... and its powerful like Tsukira sama and grandpa and father were named after dragons... and the most divine dragon that I can think of is the king of dragons that my father used to read to me about... so how about... Bahamut?

at the suggestion the dragon seemed contented and let loose a powerful roar of black and crimson flames into the air then he turned his eyes to Indou and covered the distance between them in a blur and touched the tip of his snout to Indou's brow transmitting both the dark and light into his body something that would cause the boy to writhe in agony but there was nothing to be done about it now he had made his choice and he had to accept and learn to balance the forces of both instead of learning to subjugate one as his ancestors had, the ordeal would leave him crumpled and panting and unable to move on the ground awaiting Kuro's retrieval.

[mft]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro nodded as Indou united the warring entities within him. That was no easy feat but he pulled it off to his benefit, Kuro thought to himself he simply would have chosen a path but instead he combined them to make way for something better and in accordance with an action such as the one Indou had chosen his physical body paid the price for the actions of his mind. Kuro paid a little of the price as well with a bit of stomach cramping from using his chakra inadvertently in a form of psychosomatic surgery to redefine Indou. In reality all people would notice was Indou locked in a gaze with Kuro and his muscles beginning to grow and expand beneath his clothing in an abrupt and steady manner.

The chakra armor Kuro had placed upon Indou to protect and restrain him from damaging actions began to crack little by little as Indou asserted more and more control over himself. Soon he would not need Kuro at all. His health and strength began to increase dramatically, along with his analytical abilities. His chakra signature would expand as well but his eyes had yet to come under his control. Kuro strode forth and sat Indou upright unable to help him more than that without causing mental scarring. Such was the power of mental surgery through the purest genjutsu. Kuro kept his internal timing on countdown, knowing he had only four minutes of actual real life time to complete the first leg of Indou’s journey which in his mind could easily equate to four years. Al Kuro could hope for was not to cause any true damage to Indou’s psyche or body as they proceeded. He had constructed a powerful celestial guide and now it was time for Bahamut to lead them.

WC: 301
MFT

Tenrai Indou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Indou's body shuddered mildly before his eyes fluttered open to see Kuro helping him to an upright sitting position and a weak grin crept upon his still slightly ragged looking face.

Think I know why they just chose one path.... cough cough cough... but it was pretty fun, let's never have me do that again alright Kuro sennin?

The boy's body shuddered once again and then as if a spark of energy flew through him he popped up.

OH OWWW

he said his body still obviously feeling the rigors of the trials being placed upon it but at least he no longer felt as though he was at deaths door awaiting his meeting with the shinigami. He stood up and felt very strange for some reason his body felt lighter and he looked back down to where he had been laying and saw pieces of black armor on the ground, then after further inspection he noticed that some of his armor was damaged, which caused him to panic momentarily the razor sharp wind now was able to reach his flesh underneath and after a momentary look of helplessness to Kuro he noticed something, he felt fine actually he felt better than fine he felt great but he was still slightly disconcerted with the goings on of the strange place within his psyche.

Kuro sennin, just what is happening to me?

He said looking from the demon sennin to the celestial beast that his efforts had forged awaiting some sort of answer.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro nodded as Indou stood and he checked his chakra-timer in his palm nonchalantly. He had 3 minutes and 59 seconds left to hold him within Tsukuyomi so Indou would have to reach his monochrome domain before that time or try again in a few days. "You have simply made a major connection between your chakra coils and your inner spirit. It means you are getting closer to your goal and you won't need my help for much longer."<i></i> Kuro could sense the next junction in Indou's path was some distance away, so they had to get moving. Kuro could only hope this level of activity would not be too hard on Indou's mental state; his bloodline made sure he was above average but his spirit and willpower would determine just how far he could take his gift. As they made their way over the vast mountain range within Indou's mind they came across a vast desert of black sands far into the distance a crimson moon rose over a pedestal.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back