Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

"Curiouser and curiouser!"[Open]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sadako let out a soft sigh as she stood before a crossroad within the mine, black eyes peering through the darkness and and forth between her two choices. She had been walking for what felt like an hour, heading deep into the mine. Doom was coming to Iwagakure from underground...or rather doom was coming for her, but it would still spell the end of the village...but of course what was more important was that it was after her. The faint rumblings that signaled it's approach had started to become more frequent, which finally made her decide to go underground and get a better sense of just how much time left until it's arrival. Luckily the village had a handy mine shaft, a perfect way to head underground without any digging required. There was nothing stopping her outside of some rusted signs, the village not bothering to put any kind of guards or surveillance on the place. Still she had come dressed for stealth with a black hoodie, jeans, and sneakers, clothes that were a far cry from her usually elegant dresses and skirts.

She had no need for light as she trekked through the mine, a creature like her feeling right at home in total darkness. A mental coin flip would determine that she would go to the right, moving deeper still, being careful of any loose rocks or any signs of imminent collapse. Even for her a place like this could be dangerous, if a cave in didn't o you in than it was totally possible for some creature that had made it's home there to attack in self defense...or because it was hungry. After a few more minutes of walking she would find herself atop of a very steep incline, perhaps the result of the ground having given away in the years since the mine was closed. Against her better judgement she would step down it, bracing herself as she began to slide down it, leaving a trail of dust. It was mostly a straight shot, requiring her only to steer with her body occasionally, though she was picking up a dangerous amount of speed. Her black hair whipped in a frenzy behind her as she zoomed down the long incline before finally reaching it's end....a pit.

"Well...damn." She would almost sigh as she went flying off the edge, falling downwards into the pitch black darkness. Throwing out her arm her hand would explode in dozens of writhing tentacles lined with teeth and claws, stretching out as fast as it could to any surface. It managed to find purchase with a wall, jerking hers shoulder violently as she now sung forward toward it. "On second though, I should have brought Yoru-" Was the thought that went through her mind before she slammed face first into the wall. She could feel herself losing consciousness, though her tentacles kept their grip, slowly trailing down the wall as the rock gave way. She would eventually reach the bottom, leaving a long claw mark on the wall before her hand returned to normal and she fell down on her back, eyes closed.

She wasn't sure how long she had been out as she sat up, a hand moving to run her nose. "Alright...mental note: abandoned mines suck." She would whimper, wondering how Yoruko would act if he had seen what had happened to her. He would probably laugh...which might be worth it considering how little of that he did. Standing up she would begin to dust herself off, her wounds already healing up. "I should be pretty deep now. I just have to wait for another tremor and..." She would cut herself off as she looked around and spotted what seemed to be a building...a cafe? Did she knock herself stupid? "Well, so long as I'm hallucinating I might as well enjoy a drink." She would say to herself as if it was the most rational response, fixing her hair before making her way into the Wonderland Cafe.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Before Sakado even gets to look around, a woman in a white bunny suit zooms pass her and nearly knocks her into the table of free samples. On the table were cupcakes of different flavors that had the words ‘eat me’ written on top of them with frosting. Among the arrangement of tiny cakes were little bottle than contain a shots worth of liquid and each of them had tags that said ‘drink me.’ Each bottle contained one of the various wines the Wonderland Café serve at the bar.

If she keeps an eye on the white rabbit, she would see her race to a blond woman who was the owner of the establishment. Bowing and apologizing frantically about her lateness. The blond one rubs her temples unsure what to do with this troublesome employee. This was the second time this week she was late. The woman tending the bar all dressed in suggests that if she is late again, off with her head. Of course she was speaking metaphorically as in to fire the bunny girl.

A man from at a table in the back corner yells, “Hey I’m trying to play a game over here and I loosing over here because I can’t concentrate.” The man was playing poker with a woman with purple hair. She wore a white button down shirt, green tux, red bowtie, cyan colored pants and green shoe with just a little heel. On the top of her head she wears a green top hat decorated with hearts, spades, clubs and diamonds. She was by far the most well-dressed person in the whole building. She was the mad hatter and she laughs at the man’s comment. “No, you’re losing because you can’t bluff. And I call.” Ryu throws her clips into the center of the table. “Who’s bluffing I have a flush.” Ryu then reveals her cards and they were a full house. The man through his cards on top of the table, “Damn it. I swore I had you.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sadako would raise a brow as someone suddenly bumped into her, almost knocking her into a table. The place seemed just as odd on the inside as it's location would make one believe, not least of all because the person who bumped into her seemed to be wearing a bunny suit. Her eyes turned to the table that she had almost fell against, noticing the items that lay on it and deciding that for now it would be best to not follow their directions. Turning her head she would see the bunny girl once more, getting chewed out by who she can only guess was the owner of the establishment. She had questions about where exactly she had ended up, but it seemed that the blonde woman had enough on her mind dealing with her employee. So she would instead focus on her attention at the two people playing card games in the back, making her way over there. The man was nothing important, nothing in his image or demeanor that really caught her eye, his opponent on the other hand was definitely a unique individual. She would reach their table just as the woman managed to beat him, tossing down a full house. "Excuse me, sorry for intruding...." She would say as she made her presence known, looking towards the man for a moment before her gaze returned to the 'Mad Hatter'. "But...what is this place? I thought the mines were abandoned and...well, this doesn't look very abandoned." She would say, looking away towards the rest of the room. "Well, I mean, it's pretty empty in here but it's not quite abandoned."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The man hands the deck of cards back to the hatter, gets up from his seat and looks meanly into Ryu’s eyes, “I’ll get you next time.” He then tips his hat at the newcomer. “madam.” He then heads out the door. Ryu smiles at Sadako, “My dear you just fell into a rabbit whole and ended up in wonderland Cafe.” She then gets up from her seat, takes off her hat and gives Sadako a politely bows. After putting her hat back on top of her head she introduces her, “I am Gen Ryu, but they usually call me the mad hatter.” Ryu walks over other side of the table and pulls out the seat. “Please have a seat.” With a clap of her hands and woman in a purple and black stripped cat-girl outfit comes over with a tray. The cat-girl sits down a tea cup for the both of them and pours into them some orange tea. “Now how can I entertain you today? A magic show, a game of cards or perhaps a simple tea party.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sadako would nod to the man as he left before looking back towards the oddly dressed woman who introduced herself as Gen Ryu, or rather, the 'Mad Hatter'. She had a hat but didn't seem all that mad, either the insane or rage kind, but then again dressed as she did she may have had a few screws loose. Not that she minded, insanity was merely the mind ascending beyond rational thinking, so it wasn't all that bad. "My name is Kiriyama Sadako, it's a pleasure to meet you." She would say with a smile, finding no need to hide behind any aliases. She would thank the woman as she pulled out a chair for her, taking a seat and setting her hands on the table. Ryu offered to entertain her in a variety of ways, the young woman offering an amused smile as she cocked her head to the side. "Well, I'm not sure how impressive a magic show would be what with the flying ninjas that breathe fire and I'm just absolutely terrible at cards...I have a fantastic poker face but I can never remember what the good cards are." She would say with a grin as she cocked her head the other way. "I wouldn't mind a tea party, though you'll have to excuse my style of dress..." She would say as she motioned towards her street clothes, still dusty after her harrowing fall through the mineshaft.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Sadako mentions of a problem with her attire, which is something easily fixed. Ryu holds the desk up in the palm of her hand and blows on it. The cards go flying through the air and swirled around Sadako. One by one they stuck to her and enveloped her torso and lower body like papier-mâché. With a snap of her finger the cards attached to her transforms into an elegant blue dress. “Hmm something is missing.” Having some of the few leftover cards float above the table, the cards fold themselves together and create an origami rose. The paper flower is then gentle place within Sadako’s hair. “I don't know about you, but I think my magic is still impressive.” Most would assume Ryu had a knack for paper jutsu after such a display, however in truth this was nothing but simple puppetry. The deck she used is a puppet with each card merely a part of a greater whole.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sadako didn't show much alarm as the deck of cards began to fly around her, starting to attach themselves to her body. She didn't feel like there was any malice behind it and she had done nothing to upset her, curious if this was something akin to the magic trick that she had mentioned earlier. That seemed the case as she went from wearing dusty street clothes to an elegant blue dress, eyes widening as she looked down over herself. She wore it well, looking almost like a princess as her natural beauty was allowed to shine through. The outfit would be finished with a flower tucking itself in her hair, the young woman unable to help but clap at her performance. "Well, I must admit that was very impressive!" she would exclaim, looking back towards Ryu with a smile on her lips. "How did you do that? Wait, don't tell me, magicians after all don't explain their tricks right?" She would ask, now much more interested in the peculiarly dressed woman. "Who are you, exactly? Are you a shinobi? How did you come to be here?" She would ask, excitement evident in her black eyes, despite the fact that it didn't seem any light reflected in them if one looked closely enough.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“How did I come to be here? Well that’s an easy question to answer. I was purchased of course from a Tsubaki Haruna of Cloud. I was delivered here about a week and a half ago.” Despite such horrible news about being someone else’s property, Ryu seem rather calm about as if it the idea didn’t faze her. “As for what I am. I am whatever Arisu desires me to be. If she wants be to be a shinobi I will become one, but for now I am a simple entertainer.” Ryu then takes a spoon full of sugar and mixes it into her tea. “Now how about you? How did you come to be in this village? Are you a shinobi?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Purchased?" She would ask, surprised to hear something like that. She was sure that it had been at least a century or two since owning slaves was outlawed, but then again it was sometimes hard to trust her memory. "Bought and delivered, huh? And owned by whoever Arisu is...are you a slave? I must say, you're very upbeat about it...which is great, really. So long as you enjoy that kind of life." She would say as the other woman moved to ask her about how she came to the village. She wasn't sure quite how to answer that, or at least about how much detail she should divulge about it. "Well, I was born here." She would say with a smile after she had thought it over, the words truthful without having to go into the elaborate back story filled with cultists and sacrifices. "And yes, I am! I actually graduated recently from the Academy so I'm pretty happy about that." She would say, a hint of pride in her voice as she looked at the other woman. "So this Arisu person, does she own this establishment as well? Does she know it's pretty out of the way and not at all advertised? How does it ever get customers?" She would say with a giggle, eyes taking a moment to look back over the room.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Ryu laughs at her slave comment, how human of her to think as such. “I am as much a slave as a house cat. I prefer the life of a pet than the life I had before.” Ryu is not human in neither body nor soul; she is a fox demon sealed within a puppet. Prior to being sealed in her current form she was used as a target for young priestesses to practice their arts. “So fresh out of the academy, huh?” Ryu gives her a glare. “You’re not one of those shaman or guardians are you? I don’t trust those religious types.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well, if what I hear is true then house cats aren't really much of a pet at all. They just kind of take over your house and you wind up working for them..." She would say as she leaned back in her chair and crossed her legs, black eyes examining Ryu as the woman talked, asking her about what she was now that she had graduated the academy. She couldn't help but chuckle at the idea of her being a shaman or a guardian, having equal disdain for both. Shamans and those who were as equally gifted when it came to spiritual manners had always been a thorn in her side, and Guardians represented the kind of order that she despised. It was a testament to her patience that she was able to be as subservient to them as she had been, playing the part of a faithful and obedient ANBU. "You won't have to worry about that, I don't belong to either group. Religion has it's purpose when it comes to controlling the masses, but it's not something I care much for. I'm certainly not a Guardian either, you would have known if I were since I would be flaunting it constantly like they all do." She would say with a small laugh, a hand moving up to politely cover her mouth.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“Well they find my very existence taboo. Like I had a choice in the...” Ryu was interrupted by a snoring that seemed to be emanating from her hat. Ryu looks up with a somewhat confused look on her face. Taking her top hat off and sitting it on the table, she looks inside to see a white rabbit. Considering the fact she performed magic, finding a rabbit in her hat wouldn’t seem strange. However it didn't seem to be there the last time she took off her hat. “How did you get in there?”

With the lights of the room now illuminating his sleeping spot the creature stirs from its slumber. The bunny Looks at Ryu then at Sakado. Not recognizing the woman’s face he introduces himself. “Hi, I am Tenchi. I’m Ryu’s number one assistant.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sadako would be surprised to hear from the other woman as to how her existence was considered taboo, seeking to inquire more about it before they were interrupted by snoring which seemed to come from under her hat. She would giggle softly as the woman questioned the rabbit that was under her hat, soon voicing the same question herself. "How did it get in there?" She would ask with a smile, looking over the rabbit before it soon work up...and began to talk! "It's nice to meet you, my name is Sadako. I'm...uh...new around here." She would say, treating him as if he were any other person, for if it was sentient then it would have been very rude to be surprised at his existence. Her eyes moved back to the other woman, Ryu, leaning forward on the table as she rested her head in her hands. "Now, dear, what was this you were saying about your existence? Surely there can be nothing taboo about the life of someone as charming as you."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Tenchi lays his forepaws and head on the rim of the hat and looked to Sadako. “It’s because we’re not human.” Ryu nods her head in agreement and lets Tenchi continue to explain. “Or living for that matter.” Like Ryu Tenchi also was a puppet, but unlike Ryu he had no soul. In a way Tenchi was not taboo for he was nothing but a basic puppet; a very realistic looking one but still just a puppet. However the life flowing through him giving the floppy eared creation personality is forbidden. His behavior came from Ryu. Ryu was not called the mad hatter for nothing for she was truly mad, but she could manage the madness. The process of sealing a soul into a puppet is a delicate one and unfortunately for Ryu, her mind ended up like a shattered mirror with each shard a different personality. In order to keep these personalities from fighting for control she made them bodies through which they can be channeled. “Those of religious groups do not look kindly to intelligent life that created instead of born. We are unnatural and an abomination in their eyes. Ryu especial for she is a…” Tenchi suddenly became mute. His mouth was moving but no words were coming out. “As for what I am exactly I rather not say. It tends to ruin the magic. Just know that I am not human in neither body nor soul."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(Sorry for the long wait, had computer problems)

Sadako's eyes would show interest as she sat up straight, listening to the rabbit explain itself. Neither Tenchi nor Ryu were human, surprising considering how lifelike the other woman was. She was even more interested in her now, looking her over as if to try and spot the seams in her disguise. Tenchi would go on to say how they would be persecuted for being created rather than born, though any explanation about what Ryu specifically off would be cut off as his voice failed him, a sign that the other woman was perhaps the one in control. "Well, now isn't this a surprise!" She would chuckle softly as she leaned back in her chair, crossing her legs once more as she kept her gaze on the Mad Hatter. "There are a lot of things I didn't expect to find down this mineshaft. A cafe for one thing...but a kindred spirit? Certainly high on the list." She would say as she cocked her head to the side, fingers drumming on the table. "I know all too well of what you're talking about. It's not just the religious folk though...people...people just fear whatever they don't understand. They hate because it's unknown..." She would say as she leaned forward again, that enigmatic smile of hers spreading. "You and I, we may have more in common than you might think." She would say as a hand idly moved to rest over Ryu's if she had let her, those black eyes of hers seeking to lock with hers.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Ryu pulls her hand away, but not because the girl was reaching for it. No she was changing posture to one of intrigue. Her elbows lean against the table with fingers woven together and head resting on them. A person fresh out of the academy with a deep dark secret that can compare to hers; such a thing would be quite rare. Ryu wasn’t sure to believe it. Ryu stares into her eyes. “Are you saying that you are taboo as well? Or are you merely stating that you are less understood than others? So tell me, I’m curious, what exactly do you believe we have in common?” Meanwhile Tenchi was still mute and not really happy about it. He waves his hands frantically in hopes to grab Ryu’s attention but she was too busy speaking with Sadoka to notice him. After Ryu finished what she wanted to say Tenchi started jumping into Ryu’s line of sight. “What do you want?” Ryu was a little annoyed for she was trying to have a conversation. Tenchi stares at her and Ryu remembers that she took Tenchi’s voice. “Oh right sorry about that.”

And with a flick of the wrist Tenchi would regain his voice once again. “Was that really necessary? I don’t believe she would think of you any differently if she knew your big secret. I don’t think she is the type to report you; besides it is not like you had a choice in attaining your kinjutsu. It was forced on you; you are a victim. Surely they will let you pass.”

[mft]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sadako would let out a soft, melodic laugh at the woman's insinuation that she was just some girl who was misunderstood by her peers, when the truth was really more interesting than that. "Well, youre friend here said it himself: unnatural, abomination, something that shouldn't be. Or at least that's what people think. When the weak minded have the world they're accustomed to brought into question it causes them to panic and lash out in anger. Is that why you live here? So far away from civilization?" She would ask, her smile growing as she looked over at Tenchi as the rabbit began to talk once more. He gave her an additional bit of information as he mentioned that Gen had a kinjutsu forced on her, which shed new light on the interaction between them. As Tenchi stated Gen Ryu was a victim, forced to become something feared through no fault of her own. Sadako on the other hand was a monster by her very nature, a chaos that crawls through the shadows, the kind of being that children were told about in stories in order to make them behave lest they get snatched up by the Bogeyman.

"They won't. They never will." Sadako would reply to Tenchi's assertion that Gen would not be persecuted. "Because that's just how humans are, fear of the unknown and different is hardwired into their brains, a survival instinct that stubbornly refuses to let itself be forgotten. What we have in common is that I know how it feels to be hated, to be feared, to have the world against me. The only difference, as far as I can tell, is that you're a victim while I....I am a monster." She would say sweetly, giving the woman a tender smile. "The rabbit is right, I'm not the type to report you. That would sacrifice what could potentially be a very lucrative relationship after all. So how about it? If you show me yours I'll show you mine?"

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“Very well then, behold my true form.” An emerald green flame engulfs and covers her like a blanket, hiding her form. The flames were unnaturally control for only Ryu has lit up despite all the wood around her. As the flames die it reveals a quite unusual equine form. Ryu character was not a normal horse; she was a Night-mare to be exact. Her form was made to look like what her creator theorizes to be the creature that inspired the nightmare genjutsu. Her figure was that of a tall dark mark with a jagged horn on her forehead and insect like wings on her back. It was a frightening form but Ryu found it to be quite elegant; it was the perfect form for an overlord. “Though even this form is a lie. I am a spirit sealed in a puppet. It is unfortunate for the Arisu that my creator specifically only makes creatures of fantasy. Luckily for her transformations is my specialty.” It won’t be till much later that Gen Ryu learns to use this form to her advantage. She will create other horse puppets and proclaim herself Overlord of the Horse contract.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh my!" Sadako would exclaim as Gen Ryu revealed her true form, though the other woman quickly confirmed that it was merely a shell for her spiritual essence. The young woman wasn't expecting her to look as she did, though the explanation that she was sealed in a puppet body did much to explain her magic tricks from earlier. "A pony! That's so unexpected!" She would state as she stood up from her chair and leaned towards the equine. "You're like something from a painting or some fantasy novel. Very pretty, but I can see why you would choose to use a more human disguise. I take it Tenchi is a puppet as well?" She would ask as she reached a hand towards the other woman, seeking to run her touch over the other's muzzle.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“It was a priestess that did this to me, a priestess. Can you believe it; that some person of some sort of religious order would perform something so sacrilege just because I’m a demon. They tell people they respect life, but they would hunt my species down to extinction if given the chance. Such hypocrisy, I can’t stand it.” However the Tsubaki clan, the group that performed such a heinous act on Ryu, was not the best example of a religious order. They were definitely orderly; so much so that the roles were segregated between genders. The women were priestesses while men were samurai. The women of the clan were not even allowed to hold a weapon. The Tsubaki clan even subjugated another clan into servitude. Each male member of the Tsubaki clan had his own personal handmaiden. The Nigiri clan, which is the servants of the Tsubaki, only crime was believing that not all demons were evil. They were druids and worshipped nature. The Tsubaki found their beliefs absolutely barbaric. They nearly annihilated the Nigiri clan under the banner of a holy war. The Nigiri clan only survived because they surrendered and agreed to serve the Tsubaki clan as a form of penitence for their sins. After experiencing a group pf people like this, is there any wonder why Ryu holds such contempt to religious orders. “And yes tenchi is a puppet. So in the deck of cards, which is currently transformed into that lovely dress that you are wearing right now.”

[mft]
[And make to Inpc]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back