Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Dancing through the clouds, but falling like a leaf [Solo]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was directly after his initial test with Uri. No. The man he should only call Aoi. Ryuichi was laying on his bed, and his muscles felt tense and painful, as if they were all ripped apart then tied back together with loose string. He felt weak, and he just wanted to sleep. Of course, he knew if he did he would never wake up and miss even more of this physical labor later in the day, so he tried to find something to do.

After thinking for a while he found himself in his dad's room. It was almost completely empty housing only a queen-sized bed that was too big for just one person, a trophy fish from his father's youth on the wall, and a full closet that held his father's fishing gear, clothes, and the like. However Ryuichi knew about one thing in here that was out of bounds to him usually. Not that it mattered when his dad was never home. He pushed the bed aside to reveal a small piece of discolored wood underneath one of the posts holding it up. After he pushed it down, it popped and fell into a cup, and the board the hole was put into was now loose enough to lift.

When he lifted the board from the floor it was easy to see several thin strings holding it like a mechanism. Now, underneath the board was another story.

Dresses, weapons, journals, and plenty more could be seen stuffed into this opening of the floor, all once owned by his long-gone mother, all being left to the poor conditions of water leakages among other things. Ryuichi decided to grab his mother's last written journal and put everything back to how it was before going to his room. Time to check up on what mom has done...

Being her final journal before her disappearance, there were stories of a baby Ryuichi. Like the entry,

Today my little doll Ryu finally started to speak in broken words!
It made me think of how far I've come. How perfect it'll be for the three of us. No more shinobi. No more chaos. Just me, Kai and little Ryu.
I'll always remember his first word. "Fishing!"

Ryuichi thought about how it would be if things were different. Would he strive to be a shinobi if his mom were around? Would he strive to become like her if he could talk to her in person? He would probably never know, because the past is already over.

He read on, reading the all familiar and beautiful handwriting of his mother.

I've been thinking. Maybe a shinobi life wasn't such a bad thing? I was well respected, and I had good pay. To top it off I got to see the joy in the villagers' faces when I walked by.
Mabe little Ryu will want to be a ninja? I have no clue how that would work out in kumo, but if it comes to that I'd support it whole-heartedly. Well, he'd need to convince me a little bit. Like hell I would let my little boy go off without some kind of determination in his gut.
My biggest concern is how people will see him because of his sharin-

and from there the rest of the pages were water damaged to a point of no return.

The kumo-student looked outside to see the sun's steady decent into the horizon and decided it was time to go to the planned location. He put the journal under his pillow to read later, and opened the window before jumping out of the one-story home. sure he was greeted with some strange looks throughout the slums, but he had a schedule to keep, and a certain someone he wanted to avoid annoying. Sure he still felt tired, and week but the inspiration of his mother's love drove him forward. "I will become a ninja, mom. I'll be able to know why you wanted to protect others so much. I'll find out and use your resolve to temper my own way!"

He then bolted towards the meeting location he had been told of. The only trace of him being the journal peeking out of the edge of his pillow, showing the name of the writer, and his mother. Uchiha Kaho

[WC:728]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was night time. A time of sleep, a time of silence, and a time for peace. This was true for most civilians, but for a ninja, or a ninja-to-be it was the exact oppisite. The night time was the time for vigilance, a time for hidden chaos, and a time for crime. However, this aspiring ninja with messy white hair had other plans asside from the usual secrecy, and mission-completing.

He was carrying luggage.

He had two large cloth bags filled with his clothes that he had snuck out of his home the moment his dad fell asleep. His clothes consisted of the same black and white outfit he always wore. He's had the stuff since his dad brought an entire crate of them home one night, and spent time cutting off pieces and sewing them all back together to rightfully fit Ryuichi. In any case, his training earlier in the day had already drained him completely, and now he was carrying about 30 pounds of clothes. He let out a sigh, and looked up at the moon. The journals talked about how his mother loved the moon. Said she could see so much life glowing from an empty rock in the sky. He could never really understand it, but it held significance to her. Would it mean something for him soon too?

He would have lingered on the thought, but the looming exhaustion hit him like a truck, and he groaned looking ahead. Doing so he caught movement at the corner of his eye, not being able to figure out what exactly it was. Slowly he walked towards what he saw, careful not to make noise. In the slums of kumo crime wasn't uncommon, even with the increased ninja pressence. This could be anything from an illegal goods trade to extremely....unsavory actions. Ryuichi soon found himself in front of an alleyway, seeing two people.

One of them was a teenager with a kumo headband and a smirk on his face. Obviously several years older than Ryuichi, most likely around 16. The other was a younger boy, also with a headband. He looked younger than Ryuichi, however most likely around 9-10 years old. The older boy had the other in a pin against the ground with a kunai up against their jugular vein, tapping it lightly in a rythmatic fashion. The older one then spoke, their words like venom spraying from between his teeth. "Look brat. You got gennin, good job. But that doesn't mean you can fight me yet. you'll always be trash. I may just save my time from future 'talks' like this, and end you here." He said to a terrified gennin.

Ryuichi then dropped his bags and ran straight towards the two, despite his lingering exhaustion.

His footsteps alerted the older ninja, who quickly threw the kunai in his hand at his direction. He was able to sidestep from the attack, and Ryuichi used the empty space in front of him to jump into the air and spin himself around. Flashing three hand seals, he held two fingers towards the attacking chunnin, letting electricity form at his finger tip before launching in a small bolt of chakra. The older nin also sidestepped it, and slid underneath Ryuichi, throwing three kunai. Two barely missed him and dug into a building's wall behind the white-head , and the third dug itself into Ryuichi's right hand in the skin between his thumb and index finger. The white haired boy landed on the ground and winced, giving the older nin a chance to speak.

"You're trying to fight? Me? You can barely use basic jutsu. You a student?" He asks, kicking Ryuichi in the side, chuckling as the young wannabe ninja closed his eyes.

"You can't get away with this." Ryuichi said. "A single word, and you'll lose everything."

"Right. They'll believe a gennin, and a student that a chuunin went so far as to beat em' up? Are you daft? I've never gotten into trouble for this stuff. Don't plan on it either." He kicked Ryuichi down once more, before walking back towards the street. Ryuichi's hand was bleeding, and the kunai had hit the skin between hit thumb and index finger, and the blood wasn't gonna stop. But Ryuichi stook up with shaking legs. He pointed to the chuunin, and opened his eyes. The moment he did, the teen flinched, and turned around. "What was that feeling....what are your eyes?" He asks, pulling out another kunai.

"You'll eat those words. I'll beat the shit outa you, right here and now. My name is Otani Ryuichi." And with that he took a step forward. The chuunin stepped back to keep the distance. "Your eyes...is that the sharingan? What the hell does a kid like you have that for?" He asks, before backing up more. "Back up. I've heard the stories. I'll leave. I won't tell anyone about those.....things." The chuunin then held a hand seal, and vanished. With that, Ryuichi looked back, and forth not knowing what he was talking about.

All he could do was look down at the other boy who was battered, and still on the floor. The boy looked into Ryuichi's eyes and took a deep breath. "Thank you....Otani." He says, standing up. "Are your eyes okay? They got really red..." He states, pulling out a small hand mirror. Ryuichi looked inside to see two crimson red orbs staring back at him with a single black marking in each eye. They slowly began to fade once he realized his chakra was flowing into them, and almost lost balance from the shift of his chakra usage. He held his head as an aching pain started to fill it, and he nodded. "I'm fine, I think...I'll survive." He said, walking back towards his bags that he left at the entrance to the alley. He picked them both up, and blood started to run down one of the bags due to his injured hand. With a small shrug, the exhausted boy with no idea what happened limped towards the tea house he called home. He had a med kit to patch up somewhere.

At least he hoped so.

[wc: 1,035]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back