Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Darkness ≠ Darkness [Tutor]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
There are layers upon layers of dank stone passageways, crawling with rats and the cats set loose to catch them. They go on for what feels like miles within the mountain. This place is warm; it is close to the beating heart of The Hidden Cloud. It protects. This place is like the rib cage. It is where centuries of secrets are kept within a maze of many chambers. Caged light bulbs hang with running wires lining the roofs to paint dim pictures for those who pass. Some of these passages are disguised or simply disregarded as mine routes long abandoned— like the ones from Maruishi. Others are humbly posed as Janitorial rooms that go on further than expected if you bother opening the door.

The ANBU— no matter what village, always have a fascination with secrecy. They employ the most elaborate ways of avoiding the public eye when they move. The Hidden Cloud, in particular, has quite a publicized shinobi hierarchy. Very little seems to happen in the village without the watchful eye of the Shinobi authority hovering and judging. Despite this, the protection of the ANBU is so incredibly covert that the organization demands their members live double lives just to uphold its mystery. These chambers with their myriad of secret entrances are the hub for the city’s masked protectors; all cloaks, daggers, and codes as they come and go.

In truth, Kaji considered himself above the lies and conspiracy usually kept by ANBU, especially these days. Perhaps this was why he left his homeland behind, along with the ways of his people in The Hidden Stone. There, he spent the most fruitful days of his youth being taught the ways of seeking proper justice— often through murder. There, he learned that it was okay to deceive in order to protect. These things are highly debatable— some scholars say that taking an eye for an eye can make the whole world blind. It is the idea that someone’s wrongful deed does not warrant stepping into the same darkness to make things right. In his past, Kaji Okada learned to live in that darkness in the name of preparedness: the ANBU elite stopped at nothing to protect their village. He embraced the shadows, both in theory and in practice. But after some years spent with the people of the Leaf, and now another transition to The Cloud, Kaji would like to believe that things —no— that he has changed. And so he now faces a dilemma and the work of creating a new way. How does one not plunge into the darkness, if that is where they must go to find the dwelling enemy? How do they go there and survive without succumbing to it?

Well for starters, a lot of meditation. This tale began in a dim-lit chamber, deep within the confines of the Sileo Tempestas. The hours just went by there with no real sense of time, and no sun to guide you. It was silent in the chamber, aside from the sound of sizzling wood coming from a large forge near the back of the room. The occasional pop of a log cracked, sending echoes through the chamber. It was incredibly warm there, as it was a smithing chamber by design. Metal pieces reflected the light of that single source in the room and varied in shape and size. There were tables, racks, anvils; you name it. Everything a weapon’s master, or even a shinobi looking to work with steel would need. But among these things, one figure stood apart— or rather sat. He was postured in seated meditation with a long, curved blade across his lap. The light behind him created an outline of a man in peak physical form, but the rest was a mystery. He was Kaji Okada, and while he was here, this was his domain.

wc652
- Kaji Okada has entered the thread.
- Seeking Otome.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
The deliberate footsteps of a young ANBU Trainee echoed throughout the hollowed infrastructure of the Sileo Tempestas, signalling Otome's return to her chosen branch's hidden base of operations. Although she had yet to become acclimated to the humid warmth that somehow permeated these passageways, the dimly lit corridors had always been a memorable sanctuary for her ever since Akio had rescued her from her personal hell prior to becoming a shinobi.

But however grateful she was for this escape from her woes, she could not bring herself to abide by the ANBU's unspoken vow of subversion; in this way, she was quite unsuitable to have even been considered for a trainee position, and it came as little surprise as to why she had yet to be promoted to a full-fledged operative.

In truth, her uses were typically limited to dispensing bloody justice, often of her own accord. She reflected upon her past mission with Hoshi and Tanto--a mission which almost failed thanks to her rash decision making and violent tendencies--and contemplated just how much farther she would go next time to protect her homeland.

Otome attempted to dispel these dark thoughts as she shook her head as she cracked open the door to the hidden citadel's forge and armory--or at least she assumed as much as the sheer size of the room engulfed the light from a nearby fire, and the humid heat from before became almost unbearable to her. Despite her discomfort, however, she maintained a calm composure as she closed the door behind her and bowed before the figure's silhouette.

"Yoake, I presume?"

[Topic Entered]

[MFT: 268]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The chamber was like a sanctuary of steel. Kaji’s trance of meditation and deliberation came to a stop when a creak broke the silence, and the light of the corridor outside shined in. The silhouette of a young woman emerged, black as shadow and outlined by ochre light. She asked for Kaji by his code name— a title he had adopted since coming to The Hidden Cloud. “Word travels fast,” Kaji answered with a vibrant timbre, more full of personality than foreboding. The sound echoed out from the dark as if a giant spoke, and the glow of the coals created an image that was no better; he could have been a demon for all she knew… yet somehow, reputation persisted of the ANBU with the curved blade and emerald glow: Yoake. “Or, I suppose my reputation has gotten ahead of me. I’d ask what gave me away, but, no need to spoil my ego. Yes, I am the Daybreaker, Yoake.” The enigmatic Kaji unfolded his meditative pose and took on a more casual one within the dim chamber. “Eh, it's flattering but enough about me. Come in, and tell me what brings you to the forge.”

The emerald embedded in the pommel of Eelspine reacted the moment Kaji lifted the blade off of his waist. It created a brightening glow, seemingly battle hungry around so many inferior weapons mounted upon the walls, but Kaji slung the scimitar across himself and spun it in one hand at his side. The sword was nimbly grasped and turned towards the sheath at his side. As the blade met it's hand guard to the top of the sheath, the presence of light in the room lifted, revealing the sword-forge in an evenly lit fashion. Kaji appeared in a more modest form without his typical leather armor. His hair was shoulder length with a bind that kept it out of his eyes. Seasoned and tired olive eyes observed Otome without judgment, just a bit of intrigue. His lips were in a frown, and his jawline was firm and clean-shaven. The humidity in the chamber made his white collared shirt wrinkled, and his sleeves were rolled, revealing arms and hands covered in a winding red dragon seal.

wc378
Thread taking too long. No longer claiming for tutor rewards.
8/31/17 - I am sorry Taka, but I need to free up my slots. Haven't seen you around in a few weeks, but I hope you are doing well and come around soon. We can do another thread once you have time to RP again. Count on it.
Topic left due to inactivity.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back