Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Darkness Descends (Contract Search)

Kioku Kasure

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Cat on shoulder, Kaz looked around the desert, the last vestiges of light were slowly going out and he was running out of places to go. He still had water and food enough to see him back to the safety of Suns, but he had read enough books and heard enough stories that he was petrified of the desert at night, scorpions and other natural predators, bandits roaming, and that's before you even start on the truly nasty stuff. His pace quickened slightly, still following his path back. I didn't make good enough time to get there before night but it should only be a few minutes away from here. A shrill cry from behind him by at least 200 feet interrupted his thought process. Grabbing the cat off his shoulder he sprinted, covering the distance between him and his goal faster than many athletes could. He stopped within the oasis, apparently according to rumor most of the predators didn't come to this one. I really hope I didn't just gamble my life away because of some bar gossip, that would be a terrible way to go. The shrill cry came again, some distance off this time, presumably in search of some slower prey.

Kaz collapsed onto his back panting, and also notice the panicked cat scratches on his chest and arms for the first time.

"Ow, considering that's twice I've saved you you could be a bit more grateful you know."
The cat purred a little angrily in response.
"Just because you used to be royalty doesn't give you the right to injure people you know! Especially not those trying to help!"
The cat seemed to raise an eyebrow and cough slightly.
"That was different! They were going to eat you! And I gave them food and everything..."
The cat walked sullenly to the pool of water the Oasis they were in had, and curled up by it.
"Just get some sleep alright? I'm going to start going at dawn, and I have to keep watch the whole night, and I forgot to collect milk today so that will be ruined by the time I get home and I don't know why I'm even talking because your already asleep aren't you?"
The gentle sounds of snoring was the only response.
"Son of a..."

Kaz got to work, repacking his bag. It was a monotonous task true, but it gave him something to do and keeping busy kept you awake for longer. After that he applied some thick oily paste to his cuts. That stung like hell, but at least it was antiseptic, it also happened to help stop dehydration, which was useful in deserts apparently. Even with all this Kaz began to drift off, the day of desert tracking had taken its toll on his stamina, as had the fight with bandits, and the hundred meter sprint holding an angry cat hadn't helped either. Fight it as he tried Kaz began to slowly fall asleep...

500 words exactly.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sadly, due to your attempt to leave your village being voided, the contract search is as well. I'll double check to make sure if you can search again without the wait or not and PM you.

Kioku Kasure

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Due to an event which involves a lack of walls I was told I might still be allowed to continue this. (Currently Suna members don't need to do an entry/exit post to go to outer village areas.) up to you whether to still void this.

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
rGGrWY.png

As the teenager slowly drifted into the realm of dreams, a large moth began to rapidly approach from the south of him. It followed Kaz actions throughout the day, gagging his intentions as he walked through his home. It wasn't a rare sight to see humans wondering this location; however those moving through-out the night usually were a bit more interesting to observe. Using the fading light as cover, the moth watched as the young man sprinted across the sands, a warning cry for some unknown predator putting the fear of the desert into him. It would have been amusing, had the moth not had to track him down towards one of his rest spots. While the Oasis was opened to any in need, the moth was known not to share the place during it resting hours. This along with that the moon and stars reflections on the Oasis clear waters, always drew the moth to the same locations, regardless of how far away it was during the day. This rest was something that the moth need, especially if it planned to go out again in a few hours.

As it continued to approach, a vibrating sound could be heard; starting off soft but slowly becoming louder. It the boy was not a heavy sleeper, he would see the large moth pass overhead, before it stop a few feet at the edge of the Oasis water, it blue eyes starting down at boy and its feline companion. Getting a closer look at the boy, it noticed the paste that seemed to mark parts of Kaz's body, causing it to worry. The vibrating sound at this point would have vanished and the moth would hover silently for a few seconds before speaking a three words.

"Human injured? How?" The moths voice seemed to hum the words as it silently started at the boy; waiting for a response. While it did want to boy to leave it's night spot, the moth would not kick out an injured being.

OCC: [Moth Body is 2.5FT. Moth's Wings are 3.5 FT]

Kioku Kasure

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kasures dreams were never peaceful, tonight that shrill cry echoed around a monolithic stone structure and he slid as he ran the floors slick with blood. His eyes snapped open and he looked up to see the moth hovering nearby, for a moment he thought he was under attack, but a single deep breath later and his panic was abated.

“Injured? Oh the scratches, its fine, just the fellow over there being taken by surprise whilst frightened. Can't really blame him for that. Sorry for disturbing you if this is your home, I hate to do it but there wasn't anywhere else to go.”

Others would no doubt have been a little panicked at talking insects, but having seen a dog talk earlier this week had really opened Kaz's mind. Besides it wasn't really important what you looked like, it was what was underneath that mattered. He got up and moved over to the pool washing the slight coat of sweat from his face, before turning to look at his new acquaintance.

“I'm Kaz, nice to meet you.” He smiled, a genuine and honest grin. It was always nice to meet new people.

OOC: Thanks for taking over the contract :)
[195 words]

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
rGGrWY.png

The moth's face gave a small smile at the greeting; his opinion being swayed towards like the one known as Kaz. The fact the human had apologized for staying at his night home uninvited, made the moth somewhat forgiving. He watch silently as the boy moved to the pool near him, it eyes paying attention to coat of sweat gleaming on his forehead. It was curious, the moth knew that it had not caused any panic it the boy based on what his interaction with him was. Then it must have been something more internal? A dream perhaps. Floating silently in the air, it waited for the human to finish speaking, the boy now being giving the creatures full attention.

"Meeting Good. Ariun Dölön."

The moth known as Ariun Dölön paused as it spoke it name, gathering its voice back as it prepared to ask another question. Though it should be resting in preparation for it task, Ariun found interest in Kaz, especially regarding the dreams.

"Kaz Panicked? Dream Terrors?"

Catching its voice once again, Ariun wondered if the human would be truthful to his question. If terrors of dreams plagued the boy, then prepares the moth could achieve its original goal, as well as help with the boys own problems.

Kioku Kasure

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Dream terrors? Yes that's a good way to describe them." A shiver went up his spine at the mere mention of his dreams. He sat down at the side of the pool, looking over the rest of the calm oasis. It was odd that even the harsh desert environment could have such a beautiful place. Little miracles of the world. His breathing was more calm now, and he turned to his new companion.

“So do you live here, or are you just passing through like me?”

[87]

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
icKtYt.jpg

Ariun Dölön floated silently as the man's answer seemed to leave him the moth with more questions. However, when asked whether this place was his home. That was a tricky question, especially considering that while the Oasis itself was were he laid, it wasn't his true home. At-least this version of it.

"Answer Complication. True home below."

The moth head looked down at the waters of the Oasis to make its point. Ariun looked back at the shinobi and slowly began deciding its next course of actions. While he didn't have probably with answer the boys questions, the moth have little time to set its hunt in motion. The longer the moth was awake, the faster he got away. As Ariun thought on him, his wings seemed to glow brightly, as heat seemed to radiate from his body. The water below the moth slowly seemed to turn white as a small circle appeared on its surface. Ariun looked down before floating closer to Kaz until the two were face to face. It body still glowed yet, the heat wasn't threatening. It was like it was pulling the boy to follow the moth. Yet Ariun would only make the boy follow if it had not choice. Mouth opening, it asked.

"Kaz follow? Questions answered."

Kioku Kasure

Yen
ASP
Deaths
True home below? That sounded a bit like a trap. But also pretty interesting Somewhere internally a sensible part of Kaz was sighing. Kaz reached his pack and pulled out some of the food. He left it next to the cat, just in case it woke up and was hungry. He didn't want it to go wandering off again.

“Lead the way.” Kaz smiled, nothing cheered him more than exploring. Perhaps he was going to have an interesting time after all.

[82]

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
IdIeGT.png

The glowing moth say nothing as it zipped behind Kaz, gripping the boy by the scuff of its collar before raising him a few feet above the white portion of the water. Seconds passed before, the moth brought both of them down onto the water, causing the sound of glassing shattering to be heard. If Kaz, hadn’t close his eyes from the sudden reaction of the moth, he would find himself descending in darkness alone, the moth known as Ariun having vanished the second they had hit the water. The first think Kaz would realize if he didn’t panic, was that he was breathing normally and his clothes had remained dry. As the shinobi body continued to drifted in the darkness, a small light from behind began to consume the dark sound, causing the boy to find himself on cold, unfamiliar stone.

In front of him, their stood the moth Ariun, it body having returned to normal as it stood in the center of a small passage with two doors on either side of him.
yPIFEB.png

One was opened and the sounds of laughter and other hints of happiness could be heard. The second door, a single ominous eyes was planted on the center and signs of it cracking could be seen. A presence of evil could be felt even from the distance where the young shinobi was, but to the moth, it was nothing unusual. Speaking, Kaz could tell that Ariun voice was rather calm, unlike when they had been at the Oasis, and the creature was unable to speak more than a few words.

“Welcome to my home Kaz. At least, the entrance to it. What you are seeing are reflections of life. One door represent the easy path of life, filled with the good moments and bliss actions of our past. The second door, is one of struggle and hardship. Inside you will find no salvation, no hope; only devastation and fear. Though different in nature, both paths connect to the same goal. I ask you, Kaz…which door do we go to? Choose quickly, for time is not on our side.

Kioku Kasure

Yen
ASP
Deaths
For a moment Kaz tensed as the Moth lifted him. Surprisingly strong, but I guess most insects are meant to be. As he headed towards the water looking into his own eyes he saw mixture of glee and fear, which surprised him enough that he forgot to take the deep breath before the plunge. The smashing sound brought with it the pleasant realization that he wasn't drowning. That's nice.

"So you're giving me the choice of the nice parts of my past or..." Kaz looked towards the closed door. If they both lead to the same goal, then all that matters is the journey. It is an accurate reflection of life after all. Kaz smiled slightly ruefully, before it turned into a slight chuckle. Kaz was tempted, just for a moment, it would be nice to know what joy he had before it. But then to know what you had lost without knowing why...

"Well it's not a choice at all is it?" He turned toward the second door, and this time he remembered the deep breath before the plunge. He pushed the door open and stepped within.

[191]

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
IdIeGT.png

As Kaz opened the corrupted door, he found himself falling onto rough obsidian sands, the rough terrain reaching pass his knees. Taking a look around, he would found himself next to the remains of what appeared to have been an Oasis, yet the water's didn't seem right. Instead of a clear lake whose, water reflected the night's sky, the waters of this place were black, with a single highlight of red the seemed to show from the moon's eerie light. Had Kaz been any closer, he would have been able to pick up on the smell of the water right away, a smell that had hated his dreams prior to his encounter with the moth. Looking around, he would find staring at the darkened sky with only a yellow moon that seemed rather close.

As this happened, Ariun floated next to the human, the creature remaining silent as it allowed the human to take in the sight. It said nothing for a few moments, its big eyes looking down as the sands before it mouth open, almost in a whisper.

"You chose a door a struggle, admirable Kaz, yet very foolish. They may both lead to the same end goal, but I don't know if you'll see that goal. Be carefully with your breathing on the way to that hill."

As he fnished, Ariun looked at the human before it starting floating ahead, it body not dragged down by the black sand. It would stop every few seconds to see if the shinobi was following him, before it would stop at a black hill where the sand seemed to have been compacted and hard together. If the shinobi followed the moth, he would find that his feet seemed to get higher off the sands with each step until he was standing onto of them. Yet each step he would take , it would seem as though it pulse seemed to raise. This however was if he had forgotten to manage his breathing.

Kioku Kasure

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Breathing? I'll just keep that in check then. Kaz began moving slowly and carefully, each step being dragged back towards the ground by the oil coloured sand. As he moved in silence, the surrounding sands shimmered, twisting and producing half mirages, half remembered faces of his past screaming in pain. Each step seemed slow and perpetually ponderous, he slowed more and more on his way to the goal, not wanting to slow down ariun he kept on persevering against the odds.

[82]

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
IdIeGT.png

Ariun looked as Kaz approached him, the boy mental strength remaining strong through the small trial of the sands. He was lucky, they were further enough for the moth’s target that its corruption had only seemed to poison the land and not their minds. Letting the boy caught his breath, the moth signal for the shinobi to look down and see the burning remains of a village below him. If the shinobi began this, he would notice his vision becoming slowly clearer, and the landscape a bit more normal than it had before. Not to say that the sands weren’t completely black, but it would be as if he could notice the taint in the earth. As Ariun spoke, it words seemed to be difficult for the moth, as if it was losing the ability to speak properly again.

“I would be careful as we approach this area. The thing that make this environment this way is hidden somewhere down there. Taint…hurts..sands…bleed.”

Ariun spoke it head, it speaking ability returning to normal. The moth was rather quick with speaking in his homeland, yet in this word, it’s thought raced faster than it could speak. Many words Ariun spoke were some of the only ways for it to communicated semi properly, otherwise it would remain silently, it wings buzzing to identify the mood. Looking at Kaz, it said nothing as it process how to convey it thoughts.

“Being evil. Kaz help Ariun?”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back