Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Dastardly Deeds; A Medical Conundrum [Solo Mission]

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was 4:40am, and the night was at its thickest but a full moon illuminated the darkness.

Tama was stationed in his hide-away apartment as was per the contract when he took an assassin in as his bodyguard. The small one bedroom home was cluttered to the ceiling with his personal hand-written library that he was forced to move when the business deal had been finished. Within that mess were random bits of food, scattered papers with diagrams and formulas, piling mail that the assassin brought him daily, and amongst it all on the floor with a beat up mattress was a scientist who was nearing the end of his long day. The only light that was on in the apartment was a large candle beside his bed with most of the trash cleared away from it. In his hands was a beat up quill and a leather bound tome that he continued to add too with half of the pages having already seen his ink.
It was a book that was going to be his latest thesis to submit to the medical branch in Sunagakure that would contain, hopefully, the final theory in Chakra Coil Replacement surgery. It told in great detail the deeper workings of the chakra system that Tama had discovered for himself, explaining the uses of Nature Chakra when focused from the earth right, the three signs and possible counter measures to use before the surgery needs to be used, and all manner of information that was going to revolutionize the medical field in Suna if placed into practice.

A thumping knock at the door alerted the scientist’s attention away from his masterpiece for a moment. It only took seconds for his heart to begin matching the pace of the urgent knocks coming from his wooden shield to the outside world. With a deep breath Tama calmed himself and gave himself a reminder that Kitanai was around if anything was awry. Even though the late hour was highly suspicious the Ryuu slowly got up his nerve and uncovered himself with the sheet that blocked his bare body from the lukewarm air. Snatching a robe off a pile of books the scientist clothed himself before sliding open the murder hole to peer into the night.
“Urgent news for Ryuu Tama, please open the door,” was all he got. He was game.
You do anything suspicious, I swear to the Five Lords I will break your body down into chakra particles,” the scientist said as he opened the door to let the cool night air to rush in.

A shinobi currier followed in with the breeze. He was dressed at the normal attire was for a ninja serving the military, and with him he carried an envelope and a wheeze. Tama snatched the news away from the man who collapsed on the ground coughing having apparently worn himself out moving so fast to his location…which was odd to say the least. Most of the currier shinobi were a bit more resilient than this. Unwrapping the seal on the package the scientist removed the information inside and caught up on the happenings of the night. His eyes went wide in shock at the devastation that the medical branch was suffering under and even more so when he read the symptoms of the patients and recognized the illness; Heru’s Disease. It was a rare form of chakra that mimicked the antics of a virus, infecting everything in a certain radius in the manner of hours to weaken an area. It meant that they were under attack.

Without sparring a moment’s hesitation Tama found himself dressed in his best with his trademark black cloak wrapped around his shoulders. He looked down at the currier for a moment in pity as he gasped for weak breaths having obviously been infected by the chakra. Gently the scientist kneeled down beside the man and pulled up the back of his shirt to place a gloved hand against his flesh. Without a single seal the man produced a special white chakra that began to absorb the alien chakra out of the man’s system, slowly turning it purple. He lifted it away from the shinobi’s body and cancelled it out as simple as one would their own chakra; a deep breath and whooping cough came from the man as he began to regain himself. It was without a doubt Heru’s Disease alright…
----​

Within moments Tama was on site at the entrance to the temporary hospital which had been sealed off with a gigantic golden barrier; though of course to everyone else the hospital would seem normal. Right now all the traffic of new patients was being redirected to another genjutsu disguised emergency hospital area (this one was tents unfortunantly), while the original was being cleansed. Raising his right hand up and grabbing the tip of the glove with his mouth the Ryuu pulled his hand out of the hand jacket to place his bare palm against the barrier. With his left hand he created half of a tiger seal and focused a bit of his own chakra to cover the dome’s jutsu with his own which would doubly keep the chakra from escaping and most likely come into play later.
The scientist was replacing his glove when an ANBU guard approached him,
“Are you Ryuu Tama?”
Yes,” Tama replied casually.
“This way please.”

Tama was lead away from the main road to the back entrance which was heavily guarded and seemed to be the only place anyone could get in and out freely – no doubt Tama’s barrier layer alerted them to his presence. He was brought before the doors that lead in and out and was approached by a rather large looking man who had the look of constant disdain about his face. Right as he was about to open his mouth to speak Tama raised the index finger of one of his hands to silence him then brought both hands together to form an ox seal. After going through a series of repeating seal sequences three golden layers appeared around the scientist and formed to his body. He turned his head to great the ill-mood general,
I am already well prepared, please do not speak to me. I can tell your voice would simply throw me off,” and with that he crossed the barriers and through the swinging doors into the florescent lights.

As soon as he entered the wide hall some kind of force leaped up to greet him, but was easily reflected by the barriers that Tama had set up before hand. His right hand jerked up to grasp at the “invisible thing” while rushing his own chakra to firmly cloak his hand. Grasping a hold of chakra to the scientist was a far more simple task than grasping souls were and had a bit of practice in both. As soon as his hand clasped into the air a long spinning string of pink chakra reveled itself. Clasping it with both hands he created a list of three seals and shifted the chakra in his body towards the electrical shape and power, but the energy that revealed itself was pure snow white instead of yellow or purple as energy was ought used to being. The bolt of white energy shot down the string and up through the ceiling where it stopped due to there being, well, a ceiling in the way; he wasn’t omnipotent. Whatever was causing this entire ruckus though was situating him high in the building.

The man decided it was time to go up and started to look for the closest elevator when he was approached by one of the higher Sunan shinobi doctors. The man was dressed as a doc should but had the wild red hair of a man who was used to wearing caps during surgery. He stood with a proud stance and had glasses on his face to enhance his vision for near-sightedness no doubt.
Ryuu Tama, I presume,” he asked as he reached a hand out to be shaken.
Indeed, that be I,” the scientist replied as he shook the offered hand.
This will probably be the first time we’ve ever asked for help from a Genin on a situation as insane as this, but we’ve already lost so many to this illness. Looking over some of the submissions from the past few months we happened across your theory on chakra coil replacement. We were out of options so we decided why the hell not, but it seems to me your not just a Genin…
No, no…technically as far as the government is concerned I am just a Genin in military rank. Unlike most of my peers who are no doubt Chunnin by now I decided to hold back and focus my studies and sharpen my mind, but that’s another story.
What you got here isn’t a sickness, but a chakra technique called Heru’s Disease. It’s a pink colored chakra that develops when you ingest uncooked meat in copious amounts and of the same species. There are a number of animals in the world who have this pink chakra and this effect that’s happening here is why we don’t eat them. A human shinobi with control over their chakra can do this, however, and just do something as simple as open up his tenketsu to allow it to spill out, which can corrupt an entire small village, or in this case, a hospital. As to what this person’s goals are in doing this, I haven’t the slightest. All I know is that we’re dealing with a cannibal shinobi who can open their tenketsu.

Tama reached into his cloak before the doctor could respond and removed three scrolls and handed them to the man,
These contain the techniques needed to break away the pink chakra from the patient’s body and trigger their body to do a “reboot” and the other one is a seal shield to keep the body from being infected by it again until you apprehend the culprit. Should probably give that to the ANBU first if you want to just kill the guy, which by the way, is on the roof or at least the top floor to let his chakra seep down. Now if you will excuse me I am but a Genin and must return back home to let the “adults” clean up the problem.

Without further word to the dumbfounded doctor left holding three scrolls and a head full of information Tama made his exit back the way he came, stopped by ANBU for but a second. He retold his information one more time, giving them the solution, and asked to be allowed to leave. Had his rank been anything above Genin at that time they may have forced the man to stay and finish, but given the hour and the speed of which he gave them a solution that would fix the entire problem within the hour the ANBU decided to leave him be.

With a weary yawn Tama stumbled off back towards home wondering why he decided to dress so well.

[Topic Entered/Left]
[WC=1892]
[Mission Complete]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back