Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Digging through rubble

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Roku, on his way to the old Kazekage tower, would stop for a moment and look around.

"Well, there isn't any reason that I shouldn't get a little workout in, right?"

Weren't you specifically going to that place for a workout... or to train... or whatever it is that you are thinking you are doing?

"Huh, you aren't wrong... but how can I put it... hmmm, I actually think of what I am planning to do at that place as more of a mental or spiritual workout. While this" he would gesture at the chunks of rubble "would be more along the lines of a traditional physical workout."

In your simpleton's brain, it is just that easy, right?

"
Of course, why would it need to be any more difficult to understand than that?"

He would shrug off Hunger, and would proceed over to one of the larger chunks of rubble. Taking a deep breath, he would begin to allow his chakra to circulate through his body. From the tips of his nerves to the hunks of muscle within him, every bit of his being would feel as if wrapped in chakra. Then, without further hesitation, he would stab his hands down into the chunk of broken buildings and lift them up off the ground. From there he would carry it and drop it. Continuing to do this, he would start to create a pile, but his pile would not grow upward. Instead, he would begin placing rubble down next to his first pile and so on and so forth until he had ended up making a slightly raised wall around him. The wall was no higher than his knees, but still, the small ring he now resided it made him smile.

"I will camp here for the night!"

And without further discussion, he would do just that!

MFT = 295

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He would awaken, and look around. It would seem that no trouble came to him, which was reassuring, but there was still a feeling gnawing at the back of him...

You wished you would have encountered danger... what a simple little fool.

"What do you know..." he was dismissive of the voice within.

That's right, you are still uncertain as to whether or not I am just a figment of your imagination, I am actually something trapped within you, or worse...

"You didn't laugh, but I could feel you laugh. What could possibly be worse?"

Well now, wouldn't that be an interesting question to answer? I think I would rather you come to learn the answer on your own. It really isn't that hard. Just give it a moment and I am sure it will come to you.

He would sigh and once more be dismissive to the voice. There wasn't much time left to dawdle on playing mind games with himself. He needed to continue his preparations for the Sennin Games.

You know you wanted to pursue this path. You wanted to know more about our true relationship... and now here you are, scared shitless to push onward.

"It isn't being scared, it is understanding that I don't understand."

What...

"If you are a figment of my imagination, or some other mental break or irregularity, then me arguing with you is arguing with myself. It also means that whatever answers you hold, so do I... right?

That seems like a very dumbed-down version of the reality in that sort of situation...

"And if you are in fact another independent being within me... or something that is merged to me, then arguing with you still feels pointless because eventually, if it is something that would benefit our survival you'd tell me about it."

Again, it feels like you are missing some steps but still hitting the big picture, I suppose.

"So then, politely, screw off with you little mind games. Which could either be my own mind games or the mind games of another. Either way, don't care.

Still missing the third option... oh well, you will reach that question sooner rather than later.

The hunger didn't laugh, but he could still feel it laughing.

359 - MFT

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Time was quickly approaching, the start of the Sennin Games. Roku, to his own chagrin, was still here... in the rubble; searching.

"JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE!"

He would scream out loud, but he would be directing it internally. The Hunger, his power, whatever all of it was he wanted to know. Knowing it, he believed, would aid him in the games.

You aren't going to win anyways.

"THATS NOT--that's not important... right? It's a title! I NEED to know this! FOR ME!"

Ugh, your whining, it's been awhile since you've been in such a state. I would have thought your upbringing would have burned this sort of emotion out of you already.

"I'm HUMAN what do you expect! HUMANS CRY! We get angry! Upset! Frustrated!"

My goodness, going to throw every word out there that you know?

"SHUT UP!"

This is repetitive. This is boring. You are boring me.

It was at this point, as all of the anger came swelling up to him, that Roku found himself hitting a breaking point. His mind was fixated, on rage, his body was tense, and his skin started to burn as the blood was rushing around within him.

"This power of blood... what does it all mean!?"

Blood? You think that's your gift... like I said, you are boring. You lack creativity. Sure, your power is in your blood... but its not meant to be blood. You cry, because you are human, right?

"SO WHAT?!"

This blood, your manipulation of the chakra within you to call forth. That's not what my gift is.

Without hesitation the frustrated Roku, reaching the tipping point and finally falling over after hearing enough from his inner voice, would send his right fist slamming squarely in his gut.

How foolish, even if you thought I wouldn't stop you, your body is hardwired to keep you from injuring yourself in such a way... wait... IDIOT

Suddenly a burst of dark chakra would erupt from behind Roku. His punch was a feint, the dark chakra emission was the true attack on himself... and it was one his body couldn't avoid. His eyes would begin to tremor as his body shook violently. Blood would pour out from the corners of his mouth as he would slowly stagger backward.

"Did--didn't... see th-that coming... did ya," he would say definitely with a broken smile on his face.

What an idiotic thing to do--

Before the voice could finish, Roku would rare his arm back once more and send it flying forward. Once more it would hit, but the true damage would follow shortly after as chakra would be sent tearing through his midsection once more. More blood would fall from his body.

"I... c-c-can... can do this... all.... day"

The voice would be silent, it would seem his provocation was landing. A part of him wanted to stop this, wanted to end this as the pain was hurting his body much more than whatever the voice within might have been experiencing.

"Oh... well. I'm... committed now..." and with that he would rare his arm up once more, prepared to deliver another hit.

"ENOUGH."

The command would cause a sensation to rush through his body as his arm would lock in place. The strangest thing to Roku, however, was that it almost sounded like the voice had come from outside of his head, like someone else was actually there talking. And that is when he would notice it...

"You really are a pain in the ass right... you know, if you weren't so idiotic we wouldn't need to do all of this. I am merely a mechanism... what a foolish child."

That is when he would notice that a mouth was now located on the side of his face. The mysterious mouth was capable of talking and the voice was that of The Hunger. Roku struggled processing the words, however.

"You and this blood and this obsession. I approved of your quest to understand yourself... but you've made no effort. You seem to cling to your human birth as your starting point. It is why you have this ability to manipulate chakra and blood, sure, but that is merely a relic of your past. You had a second birth... an awakening... and much like your human birth, it was a traumatic experience. Instead of tearing out head first through the flesh and visceral of your mother's womb, you tore head first through the womb of your humanity. That day we woke up... those people in The Community were fools but at least they understood one thing; you are more than just your humanity. So let's clear the board, shall we?"

Suddenly, a violent sensation to vomit overtook Roku as he collapsed to his knees and elbows, holding himself up off the ground. With a sickening croak he would begin to expel bile and blood from his mouth. It would come flooding out as if a dam within him had burst.

"If this ability, this affinity to the blood is causing you to be confused, then lets get it out of you. You see..."

Roku would continue pouring blood out from his mouth.

"... your innate human ability, the people of this village call it a Bloodline trait, is this manipulation. Had you lived a normal life, you may have never unlocked it or maybe you would have because it was a talent that lied within the blood of your father... or mother... not important. You would have maybe joined this village anyways to better understand your power. At least, you would have if you JUST remained human. Instead, you were pushed and pushed until another trait, incredibly recessive, that dwelled within your blood finally decided to awaken. That trait those fools of The Community chased, that trait that the one known as Nao was looking for, and that trait which now that is activated within you just can't be ignored."

Blood coming from his mouth would go from a dark red to completely black, and would continue to fall into the puddle below him.

"It felt like the best way to help you was to ease you into this all, giving you some pushes but ultimately letting you get to the finish line. Yet, you stalled. Because of your humanity, and knowing life as a human, you decided to do a very human thing; hid your trauma away and repressed it. That repression caused me to fester and grow... and you sit here and bitch and moan about me. If you could just take ownership of yourself I wouldn't even be needed. But you are weak, you are boring... and I've grown tired of treating you like a child. It is well past time for you to step forward and..."

Even more of the darkness would come rushing out, jettisoning from his gaping mouth and crashing like a waterfall into the ground below."

"embrace..."

His body would begin to violently shake once more as the vomiting would finally stop.

"what..."

With the expulsion of this blood, an amount that seemed rather inhuman, his chakra would seemingly deplete, leaving his body abandoned of the magical energy.

"WE..."

His body would fall flat into the mess upon the ground, his eyes glossing over as a small sputter would escape his filth-covered mouth.

"are."

In that instance, everything would finally grow silent and still. Roku would no longer be moving. Everything was just simply still. But that stillness would not last. Much like the violent explosion of vomit that had just occurred, Roku would once more experience another violent reaction. This time a chakra would come rushing out from his body and washing over all of the area around him. The chakra was violent, it was agitated, it was aggressive, but it was not evil. It was not good. It was an ambivalent aura of chaos. His eyes would lose their glossing and would become crystal clear. His skin would grow a bit paler as his chakra, wild and unkempt would begin to reign in a bit more while keeping a wild flicker. Was it that he couldn't tame this chakra or was it that he shouldn't tame this chakra? It didn't matter.

"I am..."

"Go on!"

"...human..."

"And?"

"...Ancient..."

"They made a cute word for it; Hybrid."

"I am a Hybrid? A Hybrid."

"OF WHAT COURT!? YELL IT!"

"Of the... wait... court?"

"Oh well... that will do for now..." the voice would say in a pleased tone as the mouth upon the side of Roku's face would fade away.

Standing there, he could feel that he was different. No, no that wasn't correct. He could finally accept that he was different. Since this power had appeared within him, he had done his best to repress it and cling to what he knew, what was familiar; what he was before that night. Clutching his hands into a fist a couple of times, his eyes would turn upward and forward as he was now looking with much more clarity towards the path ahead.

"So, you are going to go quiet now? Not even tell me what Court?"

Heh... like I said, if you can't even figure out what I am, it would be pointless to tell you what you are. For now, simply rejoice in the fact that you are one step closer to being complete. Stop shying away from what you are now... that hunger you feel, for life, for battle, for friends, for foes, for blood, for victory... a normal human would have to choice and regulate those to maintain cordial human behavior. You don't need to do that. Chase after those things, claw after those things... never accept defeat.

Gathering a bit of chakra into his hand, it would begin to manifest a visible ball of light.

"It feels different.. my chakra."

You are no longer hiding it behind your human chakra. You are finally accepting that chakra that lied dormant within you, the power bestowed upon you by the Ancient you share a lineage with.

The swirling chakra orb would harden and condense. It definitely felt different from the chakra he was manipulating before. Raising his left hand he would begin to call forth a different chakra, a less violent chakra.

"So I still have human chakra?"

You are a Hybrid... if you weren't a part of both worlds you would have a more definitive name.

"Huh... that's straightforward enough. Very unlike you."

I'm in a good mood, you might say. Forget that human chakra, what about your birthright, what sort of power comes with it?

This question would puzzle Roku for a moment as he would look down at the hardened orb of Hybrized chakra. What could this chakra do? What made it different? Why did it feel evil?

Not evil, that is humanity seeping into your though process... this chakra is violent in nature because it consumes, corrodes, and destroys... but destruction is just a flip coin of creation. This is the power of life... just because it is soaked in death doesn't make it evil... these two processes are natural.

"I'm not sure if all of that sounds right... but it doesn't sound like a completely wrong thought either.

So, what do you want to do with that chakra? Feel it, does it tell you anything?

"Hmmmm...."

Manipulating the ball of chakra within his hand for a bit he would finally come to a conclusion, "it just wants to fight."

And how could it do such a thing?

"Through me I guess..."

Is that really what it wants?

"Hmmmm... I suppose not. It feels more like it would rather fight on its own. Is that possible? Why would I do such a thing?"

Maybe the lineage within you calls forth you to battle, and creating warriors can easily be part of battle.

"Making minions? Feels like a cheap way to fight."

A general doesn't fight his battles alone. If nothing else, you blood might be asking to test the quality of those who oppose you? Maybe you are to use this power to cull the weak and allow those truly worthy of your time stand more clearly before you?

"That feels less straightforward than your previous answer... but for now, that will do."

He would drop the orb of chakra from his grasp to the ground. Upon hitting the surface, the once solid orb would splatter and quickly soak into the dirt. Suddenly, there would be a series of small tremors as creatures would begin to emerge from the ground. That would be humanoid but would lack humanity and would hold stranger features.

"What are these things?"

Good question, they resonate with your Ancient chakra but aren't necessarily Ancients... but I think that is what your power was trying to do. Instead... they are a weird abomination... a bastardization of human and ancient... like from the mind of some child who knows absolutely nothing about either. Maybe you need to learn a bit more about both sides of your blood to fully realize the potential of this power... but what if you could raise a little army of An-- actually, let's just see where this goes.

"Hmmm... ok. So my next set of training needs to be for my brain?"

Yep.

"Ok, perfect. Let's go consume all of the knowledge that I can!"

Very good... my little hunter.

This post: 2156 words; total for thread 2810 words
Usage: Remove Chigoka BL, Add Demonic Ancestry CA, Add Dark Sage Kinjutsu
OOC - I will clean up with colors to make talking easier to discern.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back