Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Don't Look Back [One-Shot]

Tsurara Moriko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
When the pace of her life slowed and settled, Moriko had a tendency to get bored.

Often this would result in mastering a new skill. She could sing entirely because of a period when she was about seven that there had been nothing to do save keep her own house and do boring schooling work designed for children much less intelligent, albeit she had never been bored enough to go and get an actual instrument to play along with.

(Tsukiya could apparently play the clarinet for a similar reason. Which had been interesting to find out, though not especially surprising given his interest in music. She had briefly debated if she ought to sing for him at some point before discarding the idea in abstract horror at herself for the thought existing at all.)

Point being, she had expected entering the Academy would change this. And while she had had plenty of fun and even dangerous or life-threatening interludes (which were also fun), day to day it was just...not

Attend lectures. Take notes. Study for hopefully forthcoming exam. Run errands for her family. It was just...well, depressing how quickly anything could slide into normality. Even things that should have been exciting. And her usual ways to break out of the normality by learning a new skill also just felt...well, like their own kind of normal. Like she should be beyond that.

...Maybe she had some other issue going on. Other than the one that occasionally popped up and kicked her in the head, that was. It was improbable, couldn't be true, that after so long of subconsciously worrying about being married off if she didn't find anyone that she actually find someone at the age of twelve. Wasn't it?

But there was also something else. Moriko pondered this as she did her morning exercises.

It was true that every now and then she felt...off. Like the balance of her body was wrong. This generally made her decide that she ought to be doing more strength training or something, or that she was impatiently waiting for a growth spurt. That didn't seem to ever fix anything, mind.

On a whim, she recalled the transformed form she'd used a couple times. How easily she'd slid into it. How it didn't actually feel that superficial, really. How it felt like, well...comfortable.

Since she was inside and no one in the family could see her, Moriko didn't hesitate to pull up her white-haired tall boy Transformation. Actually, it was a bit unusual to make one up wholesale, wasn't it? Maybe that was why it felt different; she wasn't mimicking anyone.

With a slight puff of smoke he was male again and...hm.

This did feel all right, actually. Far be it for him to be crude, but shifting around made him notice that he'd altered more than what was just visible around his clothes. And it still felt comfortable.

...At some point he maybe had to consider a different name for this form; Moriko was very feminine. But maybe some other time. He tapped around first cautiously and then more bold, feeling everything out. What was there to feel weird about? This wasn't someone else's form he was borrowing.

There was a knock at the door and he nearly jumped out of his skin, but went to peer through the keyhole and relaxed when it was Tsukiya. Early. Hm. They'd met when Moriko was in this form, so he had no compunctions about letting him in.

He did close the door quickly after Tsukiya stepped in, though. His family hadn't seen it yet, and the thing they might most object to was the hair colour change from pale blue to white.

"This form again?" Tsukiya asked, looking him up and down. "Are you preparing for another stealth mission?"

He didn't flush as easily like this, but still felt his cheeks heat up a touch. "Um. No. I was just...experimenting? I wasn't comfortable this morning, but I did this and now I am."

"Hm." Tsukiya seemed to let this sink in for both of them, possibly perceiving Moriko hadn't yet fully internalized it himself yet. "Well, feel free to shift around me whenever you think you'd feel more comfortable this way. Honestly, you're still quite pretty."

Okay, definitely flushed now. "I didn't think boys were usually pretty."

"There are some pretty boys," Tsukiya said. "You are definitely one of them. Assuming you are a boy right now?"

"...Yes," he said, deciding that felt right. "I am. Right now. But I don't look like I normally do?"

"Not very much at all, no," Tsukiya said, looking him up and down. Slowly. As if savouring him. "But I know it's you regardless of the form or identity you're wearing. Change your sex, your gender, your hair--if it's still you, I'll be fine with it. I want you to be comfortable around me."

"Hence visiting me at home?" he asked, arching an eyebrow to copy one of Tsukiya's gestures and waving around. "To make me comfortable with inviting you over or in? You don't have to inch closer metaphorically like that. You can just ask to come over. Could have weeks, months ago."

"True. Perhaps I like the chase--or perhaps I was unsure if someone so touch-averse as you would change their mind and bolt if I went too fast." Pale blue eyes watched him closely. "Was I wrong?"

"I don't mind when you touch me," Moriko admitted. "I kind of like it. Have since the start."

"Really." Tsukiya's merry curved smile was back, making him smile involuntarily too. "Well then. I won't feel bad about visiting you at home then."

He reached out and Moriko offered his hand, only half-surprised when Tsukiya took it in his and gently kissed the back. It was...nice. Did he have to decide his whole future so quickly, after all? That was what he always got upset at the elders for attempting. Couldn't he just take it one day at a time?

One thing was certain, mind. Mikuni Tsukiya was possibly improbable with how well they slotted together, but definitely very much real.

[Topic Entered/Exited]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back