Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Down the rabbit hole [Open]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The vapors made Yume flinch as they hit her sensitive nose. She had never been one for liquor, only ever partaking on nights of celebration such as the Winter Festival or on her brother's birthday. Shinji had dubbed her a "light-weight" after watching her have troubles speaking after two beers. She insisted that she was fine whilst laughing at her inability to say "was" properly. Looking down with disgust at the flask, she momentarily considered accepting the offer until her attention was snagged by Mako's recount of Sousuke's childhood. Her brow creased with worry at the thought of some barbaric woman mistreating the young master. She declined to comment on much of what the veteran said, being largely uneducated in the majority of it. Perhaps the Inuzuka was an idealist and had been filled with too much hope by her father but she still wished for the village to find a haven above ground. She knew that arguing the possibility of searching out a new home would have simply lead to an argument that she was ill-equipped to wage. Yes, ideals could only do so much and she could not refute the inhospitable nature of the storms that raged directly above the village. She had treated the Steward for exposure once, pumping the diamond sand from his lungs by flushing them with water.

Her lips pressed tight when the name of Magnetica graced her ears. She had thought they had put her down but upon investigation had found that the villain lived. It didn't sit well with the Inuzuka to let her live but she wasn't the sort to outright kill a person either. Just like hoping that someone else would confront the Cabal, she had hopped that the ANBU team would have done away with the scourge. The realization sat like a stone in Yume's stomach; perhaps her purity was a facade to hit a cowards heart. Surprise lingered at the back of her mind as she mused over the dichotomy of their reactions. Sousuke then wanted diplomacy and Yume wanted blood... Now that the mednin sought peace, was the Steward craving revenge?

The flask was stolen from her hands, untouched by her lips and probably for the better. Mako paused to take a drink and then eyed her up, blind-siding her with an accusation. She had moved without thought and came nose to nose with the matriarch. Her voice was low and hissed through clenched teeth. Though still fragile, the insult had brought some solidarity to her faculties: it was a woman's place to stand by her mate.

Your grandson is NOT damaged. Different, perhaps but not damaged. I admit to inexperience and little knowledge of things outside of a text book but I understand attraction and instinct. I like Sousuke and desire the chance to know him better and the only way I will manage that is to be reunited with him. I'm a terrible person for placing his needs above that of the village, and misguided in thinking that I could have done so in Keystone but my goal as always been singular since the initial attack on the tower: Find Sousuke.

Taking a few breaths, she steps away, trembling visibly from the encounter. It wasn't like her to be antagonistic, especially to superiors, but a nerve had been struck. Eyes darting around the room, they settle on the flask for a moment and she considers how alcohol might numb the anxiety. But the idea of acquiring it from Mako through a quick grab or by asking was daunting in and of itself. Closing her eyes, she breaths in through her nose and lets it out slowly from her mouth. When her nerves settle, she looks to the matron and continues her thought.

I was angry with Sousuke at first. How could he have left the village to pursue... what? I don't even know why he left other than it involved the people who had hurt Okibi. But a month is a long time to think and while I didn't think when I was awake, I dreamed and did a lot of thinking there. If someone had hurt Sousuke or Shinji, I think I would abandon the entire village to pursue revenge as well. I can't vault him for that any more. My heart hurts a little for being left behind but our relationship was... is... still new. I can't really expect him to trust me with such sensitive plans. For all he knew, I would have tried to convince him not to go... probably a discussion he wouldn't want to have. Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

Craning his neck from where he perched on her shoulders, CuRua rubs his cheek to hers, pushing a smile to her lips. Reaching up with the opposite hand, she scratches the top of his head and behind his ears. It certainly had been a lonely month for everyone.

So...... You're the veteran. How do we get him back?

[MFT; WC:834]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yume came face to face with Mako. "Not damaged you say. Well. I'll leave you at that then."<i></i> Mako could have very easily turned this situation upside down. She didn't though. It seemed that most of Sousuke's friends weren't spiritually aware of his ... deeper and more problematic illness. Even his father argued Sousuke's social inability was not due to a lack of a soul, rather it was a disability. "A lot of people have been trying to do as of late..."<i></i> She grinned wolfishly at Yume. "It's really refreshing to see a girl fight for a man. Wish I could do the same."<i></i> Mako watched as Yume shrunk back down. "It's moments like this you become truly aware that you're alive... and it's moments like this you realize who you really are."<i></i>

As Yume backed down a loud explosion went off in the distance. Mako's eye widened slightly. "Shit."<i></i> She grabbed Yume and made for the exit of the building. The veteran watched as debris fell down. Mako turned to Yume. "Shit."<i></i> Mako growled. Some fool when and put the Cabal to the test. "We help Sousuke out by not doing that kind of shit. We have to stay alive and well for his sake. We have to have him hit the ground running when he gets back, which I'm sure he will. I tried getting him some supplies when this madness started but... that didn't go so well."<i></i> Mako let go of Yume and made a fist. "Someone is probably bringing back the survivors from that to the hospital. Another patient for my son-in-law."<i></i> Mako growled. It seemed very much that the veteran was about to go on the warpath. "Sousuke wouldn't do that to us. He's too smart for that, or so I'd hope. If Sousuke went to deal with those who hurt Okibi, it was must have been something big. He doesn't do things like this. There's not a precedent for it. You're the second person to have said that to me in these last few days, that if something were to happen to Sousuke you'd go hunt that person down."<i></i> Again Mako let out another growl. "It's not a matter of you being included in his plans, it's probably the less you know the better considering it'd make you a target for interrogations. Usually loved ones are taken hostage. Sometimes there are some real hard decisions to make when a loved one is at the end of a blade."<i></i> Mako explained. "Honestly right now I'd consider reducing the criminal population by five... but then I'd be not be following Judori's orders..."<i></i>

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The clatter drew Yume's attention but she wasn't prepared to be dragged after the noise. Her foot caught on the floor and for a moment, it was all she could do to stumble after the veteran. After a few faltered steps, she got her feet under her once more and raced along to the entrance where they managed to see the dust cloud rise under the entrance to the village. The creeping stress could be felt at the back of her head and for a tick she considered fleeing back into the perceived safety of Keystone. Instead she held on to the words that were being spoken and held onto the thread of reality.

I understand but I don't comprehend. I get what you mean about using loved ones against him, but it wasn't that obvious was it? I mean prior to me freaking out and committing myself to a hermetic life, how many people even knew we were... interested in each other?

The news that she could have been used against Sousuke was slightly startling. She knew the risks that came with being involved and emotionally attached to someone but in her mind that those hazards were avoidable as long as it was a secret. Shinji knew but he talked more about himself than he did about Yume; most girls didn't want to hear about your little sister when out for drinks. Maybe that Uchiha girl with the pretty eyes had said something. Would shinobi really turn against the village like that? Yume could hear her brother's words reminding her not to be so trusting, which always struck her as hypocritical. Exposing oneself and falling asleep in their presence held a measure of trust in her mind.

Five, you say? Who might these five be and why do you want them dead? Don't laugh. The only news I received while tucked away was from my uncle. We talked about his book and whether or not anything had changed. I didn't really pay attention to the details as I was too busy... *cough* researching.

In the light of sanity, Yume knew that her experiments were considered questionable at best but argued the moral propensity of the matter based on the nature of the subjects. Cadavers felt nothing and criminals deserved no sympathies. In an effort to figuratively move forward, the mednin began to take literal steps away from Keystone Prime. The air outside of the facility had a different taste to it and with each passing breath she could feel her head become clearer. The scents of filth and decay wafted over the anarchic city and spoke of the decay that had seize the once thriving village. Her eyes became hot but the tears were suppressed by rage. She was mad at herself for being such an idiot.

Speaking of your son-in-law... he could probably use my help at the hospital if there will be incoming patients. Is it terribly selfish of me to say that I don't want to? That I want to be more productive than that...

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Mako shook her head, "Eh. No five was a random number I pulled out. I'm certain I can take out five thugs."<i></i> Mako's gaze seemed less harsh. Yume was a smart girl. She was okay for Sousuke. "These guys knew when Sousuke was going to be out. I wouldn't put it past them knowing something about you two. We may have a traitor in our midst. The trick is to not trust people when they say trust me. Maybe Magentica detected something emotional when you shouted at her about restoring Sousuke. Things happen. People watching is an art form of some sort."<i></i> Mako explained.

Mako didn't laugh when she spoke of how she had locked herself up in with her research. "Well. Sousuke has a saying of sorts. People see but they don't observe. I'm surprised your ... uncle left you here. Not much of an uncle is he? To leave his niece behind."<i></i> It was a curious thing really. "I hope your uncle isn't like your brother."<i></i> She added a moment after.

Yume expressed that she was could come back to help Judori, but at the same time she wanted to be more productive than that. Mako let out a heavy sigh. Telling Judori she was found was fine. Telling him she didn't want to help him might be a problem. "Define more productive."<i></i> She inquired. The veteran shook her head. "Judori is handling patients the best he can. He's no medical expert. He's providing patchwork and some sealing work with what he knows. If you don't want to come, well... to be honest I could simply force you with hypnotism. It's not a skill I'm proud of, but I can do it. I'm not going to though... at the same time my orders were to not cause a rift between you and Sousuke because I was being myself."<i></i> Mako snorted. "Judori isn't the type to get angry. He gets disappointed, and that is something ... difficult to deal with. I know he was very disappointed with me when I mucked up an operation back many years ago. It's a weird position given that he was my boss, and my son-in-law. I guess it cuts worse."<i></i>

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He simply did what I asked of him. I wanted to be left there so he made sure I wasn’t alone aside from CuRua. Oji-san and Shinji are surprisingly alike but not in mannerism. They were both rejected by the clan and are the only family I have. Shinji’s less than savoury mannerisms are unique to him, though.</COLOR><i></i>

She flashed a wistful smile to Mako. It would seem that she was warming up to the woman, though she tried to keep in mind the warning she had just been given to trust no one. There had to be limits to that, right? Certainly the direct relatives of the Steward, the household that was designated to care for the village, could be trusted well enough? She knew she wasn’t ‘safe’ but she could trust the words of the veteran.

The mednin couldn’t refute the logic of productivity. Her abilities would be better used at the hospital, at least to get things under control and manage triage. She could get things running in a system and then head off to work with Mako. For a moment she was tempted to refuse to see what it would feel like to be hypnotized but prudence told her that now was not the time for her curiosities. Conceding to go, she nodded and swept her arm in a ‘lead the way’ fashion. Falling into step beside the older woman, Yume spoke her mind once more.

I doubt you could cause a rift between us. Only two people can cause a rift between themselves. If it is through actions of another, the blame is misplaced. And I understand the depth that disappointment can carry. I don’t ever really remember my parents getting mad at me, but I remember their disappointment if I was ever out of line. It was rare but left an impact not soon forgotten. I’ll help him get on track and then we can work on a plan to get your grandson back. You have field training, don’t you? I’m sure the extra pair of hands for basic mending would be helpful. That way I can focus on more serious injuries and returning the hospital to order.

She tried to be quiet for the rest of the short walk to Omni Prime, allowing Mako to speak of any thing she desired. Crossing the threshold of the Emergency room opened up a whole new world. Nurses were running to and fro, people were being categorized into minor, major, severe, and critical categories and being treated accordingly. It didn’t take long for them to draw the attention of one of Yume’s contemporaries. A tall woman in a pencil skirt and a lab coat made her way to them with a high wave.

<COLOR color="#FF0088">Hola, bitches. I see you decided to crawl out of your hole and help people.

Not now, Miago. I’m really not in the mood for jovial remarks. You’ve been keeping busy I see. Who needs attention first?

I missed you too. Anyway, they all need attention and as quick as possible. There was a show down at Olgav’s. The brothers are fine but some civilians were caught in the commotion, and then there’s the explosion that took out the gates. Most got away with deep cuts and a few had broken bones but one took a rock to the head and there is severe swelling. I’ve given him an anti-inflammatory through IV and he’s out cold. If pressure isn’t relived soon, he’ll hemorrhage.

While they had talked, they had made their way to the nurses’ station where Yume could shrug on a clean lab coat and wash up. She would need to put on a proper medical uniform if she was going to perform a surgery, but it was enough to designate her as on duty for now. With a nod, Yume consented to taking on the patient and headed off down the hall to get washed up, returning a moment later with her hair bound up and proper OR scrubs on.

Stay with Mako. I can’t have you behind the sterile shield.

Got it…

CuRua would trot after the veteran and Yume would get it work. It wasn’t a difficult job for someone who was water adept, but dealing with the nervous and vascular systems always required immense concentration. She had used many of these techniques over the past few weeks, however her subjects had already been dead. It was slightly foreign to try and keep someone alive again. The minor lesions were attended to by the nurses and Yume was left to drain the cerebrospinal fluid and redirect blood flow away from the inflamed areas. After a tedious two hours trying to get him to maintain a stable condition, Yume emerged slightly more exhausted than before but feeling better after helping. Wiping off her face with a damp towel, she seeks out Mako and CuRua to check in.

Any news?

[MFT; WC: 819]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back