Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Elegies and Emptiness (Open)

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
...It was strange. It truly was. Ashuri viewed the world with an open mind, her inquisitive gaze always trying to dissect the logic that drives people to do the things they did. It was also fascinating; seeing the shamans pray and devote so much of themselves to something so intangible seemed to be the greatest waste of effort in her mind.

The existence of this grand temple was the perfect example; tall, proud statues standing as sentinels in front of the large cavern. Huge chambers dedicated to the 5 elemental that were believed to create everything within the world. It was impressive to be sure, but...why? Why would so many people go to such lengths? Did they feel that pleasing whatever powers that be would lead to their own strength? Were they afraid, and found solace in the thought that something greater than themselves would protect them? The small pale girl could not find an answer by watching people come and go, each giving a prayer in hopes of some transparent blessing. The only response that could come to her mind;
"...So foolish..."

She was not sure if whatever powers out there existed or not, but what she was sure of was that their power was not our own; so the dark haired genin would not pray for their strength, no. The far more logical choice was to become powerful herself, and not ever feel the need to plea from a higher power in the first place. Books containing knowledge of the world were her only scriptures, the trusty steel of a sharp blade was her only relic, and the art of perfecting her chakra control was her only ritual. All of these were what would lead to power, to happiness, to safety, to the answer of any question.

"...Praying won't give anyone anything. No one will answer..." The girl spoke as she clutched to her book of mid-level Jutsu teachings. Although if everyone who came to worship were fools, than she was just as much one for coming to watch them...

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(Posting from phone. Excuse the lack of fancyness)

Kagemaru was not a religious man. He believed in higher powers because he had seen them, but he did not believe they were worth the worship they received due to rarely ever giving anything in return. The salty homeless blindfolded ragged man of a shinobi had simply come for the silence. The chanting of the priests were a far better substitute for the bustling noise of the inner workings of the stone village. Plus he would be left to his own devices, at least for a time while he pretended to pray. His hidden eyes did detect an anomaly. A girl who stood out from the rest. As she observed the others she would inadvertently walk passed Kage as she scoffed at them. He felt the need to respond to her. Leaving the sanctity of the shadow that he was hiding in, he spoke.

"Not all pray for a response girl.. Sometimes it's the hope that sates their belief and their faith. You shouldn't scoff if you happen to believe differently. It's unbecoming."

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Halt. Her casual walk through the temple stopped just as she passed by a...shady...man she originally paid no mind to. Or rather, hadn't noticed in the first place. She generally only paid attention to the more direct of the worshipers, rather than someone lurking away from view. (...Another blind person?), She questioned, recalling an encounter she had previously with a blind girl. Unfortunately, it didn't exactly end well...But now she was sufficiently nourished and wouldn't make a similar mistake.

"....Hmm...I think...hoping for something to change is alot like wearing a blindfold; you can ignore things as long as you keep "hoping" for the best. But I think its better to change things yourself than rely on "hope"." She spoke, quietly looking over the one she saw as a "blind man". His appearance certainly didn't suggest he belonged to one of the more nobler clans of the country, or even belong in a standard middle class home. Perhaps a shinobi veteran wounded in battle, now living on the streets?

"....Then, did you come here looking for some kind of hope like the others, too? Do you hope for vision? Money?"

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was an odd one. He could tell from her response. She was small in stature, but her reply was a bit beyond her years, or at least what Kage thought was beyond her years. He chuckled under his breath before replying to her in kind.

"I'm sure many would agree within you actually. Myself included." He also believed that it was best to make your own way as opposed to waiting for something to happen but in this particular case he would play the devils advocate.

"Maybe some of them are doing both. Praying and also doing... And you're here mocking them. For shame little one, for shame. " He kept a sarcastic tone so as to keep the mood light, Kage didn't want to upset the girl too much. Then she asked him if he were hoping for anything.

"Oh what I hope for can only be prayed for. Ironically enough, that's not why I'm here, but since you reminded me, I mkght as well pray for it while I'm here." He was referring to his closest friend Sumina. If she were alive it would be by the grace of god. There was nothing he could do in that regard but to have faith that she was.

"If I felt the need for money, I wouldn't look the way I do. And I see too much as it is now... Any more vision and I wouldn't know what to do with myself. " Of course he was talking about his Hakumei Byakugan. He saw everything in every direction for over a mile. A process rigatoni he often admitted was more annoying then when he had the veins popping from the side of his head. The girl would more than likely be confused by his words so he simply waited for the follow up question.

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
*Smirk* Her lips curled up into a faint smile, initially having been told she was right in her thinking. Indeed, she was drawn to people who were determined, to have their own agenda; to her, that was real strength. Also to her, hope and worship were used to fill the lack of such drive...In her simplistic way of thinking, at least. Her initial smirk slowly sank to her usual blank expression when the man had questioned her "mocking" of those who came to worship. He did has a point; some could have had personal strength and also rely on hope for whatever reason. in her twisted logical way of thinking, she had made the two mutually exclusive when they did not have to be.

"...You're right. Someone could pray for hope and still be strong. I don't think that would make them any weaker, and I wouldn't mock them..."...Although it still seemed like an empty action to her, that could certainly be foolish. "...But people who work for their goals could still be foolish, too..." However she was quickly coming to learn that people were...strange, rarely efficient, and difficult for her to understand on an equal level. Nevertheless, it did not stir up any desire within her to pray for some kind of hope herself; especially not at a temple were the very existence of a revenant body such hers was an ultimate taboo against nature. Their beliefs frowned upon such things...

"...Hmm...You don't want money, can "see" well enough already, and hope for something only prays can find. You don't seem like you'd be a "shaman" that lived here at the temple, either..." She spoke aloud, attempting to piece together the pieces she was able to observe from this "blind man who could see well enough". Although she still mistankingly took him as blind, she didn't doubt if he was able to see in otherways. Also, the vagueness of his words did seem like he could fit well into a religious group, and the lack of desire for wealth definitely fit the bill...but he did not fit her image of a traditional shaman. No, he seemed to be more "interesting" to her than. "...You seem more like a monk who would travel to different places and see different things. Are you?"

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He would admit through the girl was an interesting on. Not only due to her insides, but the things she said we're those of one with an advanced view of the world which was rare for a girl her age. He almost chuckled when she began putting his words together in an attempt to figure him out.

"A monk? I can see that actually" He would ponder on the similarities between himself, his upbringing and a monks. Though Kage was taught the importance, of meditation he hardly had the patience for it. But his fighting style could be compared due to the importance of chakra manipulation. He had even traveled many places, usually to sight see. The similarities were truly ironic.

"But no. I'm just a man now. You are correct that I've traveled and seen many things, but that was when I had a purpose. " It was true that since discovering leafs fall, he had lost a lot of his sense of purpose. The once proud Hyuuga now reduced to a homeless shell of a man.

"But what about you kid? How does one come to be comprised of what I can only assume is chakra based thread? And at such a young age." looking down at the small girl he pondered her response. It seemed she was still mistaking him for being actually blind so he would have some fun with her for a time.

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Not a monk, but definitely more than "just a man"; her gaze remained unconvinced as he debunked her guesswork, especially when it turned out that he really did have "too much" vision. She was unable to even guess where to start deducing how he was able to see her as anything further than a girl with scars. Although it was risky in this village, especially on the grounds of the very Temple of Five, she decided there was no further secret to this man. Albeit, she would have found it interesting to see how a Guardian or Shaman reacted to what was likely the physical embodiment of all their greatest taboo's.

"...In Stone, they teach us that everything in the world in based on the Five Elements. Animals...Plants...Even our bodies. Our bodies are supposed to be sacred, and altering or changing any of it is..." ...Is what, exactly? Ashuri knew that it was "wrong" according to the teachings, but had no understanding beyond that. To her analytical mind, it was a big void floating at the center of the temples beliefs. She couldn't come up with any answer other than the simple; "...Very bad."

"When I graduated into a Genin, I was stolen to test a Jutsu on. It...changed me. Whoever did it had to do it in secret, so that the Guardians or Shaman and Stone wouldn't find out...And since then, I haven't changed. I look the same as I did before, even if I should be twice as old..." the Genin spoke, watching for signs of just how this man had managed to see her. The real her. Slowly, she raised two fingers to tug at the collar of her shirt, showing the black stitches around the circumference of her small neck, watching to see if his expression or eyes may have followed beneath the blindfold.

"If you can see the threads...they're everywhere inside me. Bones break, lungs and guts are squishy, and skin scars and bleeds...but the tendrils are strong, and regrow fast. The Jutsus are meant to make someone who can't die, no matter what happens to them. There were others, too. When they finished they cut our heads off to test who was strong enough to live...and I'm still here." Shortly after, she returned the collar of her shirt to its original position. She was getting used to having stitches across her body, but some of them brought her more discomfort when viewed than others...her neck especially.

"...My name was Ashuri before, but she wasn't a monster. Now...I'm Sawako. Or Kuroyuki. I haven't really decided." She spoke, deciding that this man was worth introducing herself to. Like herself, it seemed he was aimless and without purpose. Like herself, he also seemed to be much more than what he appeared to be.

"I haven't found a purpose yet, either. I promised my friend I would live, but...thats easy for my body." She spoke. it was easy to be reckless when she thought herself unkillable. "...How did you know? How much can you see? Even without a purpose, I think someone can still be special."

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This village was becoming more and more interesting with every new character he bothered to talk with. As she spoke her sad story and topped it off with the fact that she was twice as old as she looked, he decided that any remorse he was about to show her would be wasted effort. So instead he would continue with his lighthearted banter.

"This village is pretty odd to me. Where I'm from, we kept our secrets to ourselves. But here you guys tend to just let anyone know them. Maybe it's my winning personality?" He was joking of course but his words were true.

"First person I met when I got back to this world admitted to being a necromancer after alerting me to the fact that it was illegal here. Then let me walk away with no guarantee that I wouldn't say anything. And now you. " He took a seat as he was beginning to tire of standing. Despite the many priests, they were reletively alone but Kage liked to keep his guard up just in case. The girl showed him her stitchings. Not that he didn't already know it was there but he looked all the same. He suspected she was attempting to discern if he had eyes or not but it was no big deal.

"But since you shared a secret with me, I'll give you an honest answer." Turning to her in his seat, Kage would be more on her level now that he was sitting. Staring at her eyes, he would slowly lift the right side of his blindfold. Soon the girl would feel and see the reason why he kept his eyes hidden. As the calming white light shine brilliantly from his eye and onto her body, illuminating her in the dim temple, Kage quickly placed the fold back into place.

"I can see every physical thing in every direction... Very far. At all times. That's how I knew. I'm also a bit of a knowledge buff myself so they are pretty useful. I keep them hidden because without the blindfold its like I'm walking around with two light bulbs in my head so I spare myself the awkward looks. As for your condition, I've seen it in my travels. Hard to kill is an understatement." Turning back to facing forward in his pew, Kage would wait for her reply.

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Again, this stranger had a point. Ashuri was gradually beginning to understand why people would regularly go to temples; they really were a place of wisdom and insight. That being said, she wasn't sure how else to have responded to someone who managed to see within her. "Hmm...I don't think it would really matter, since you could already see me...But if its supposed to be secret, then I won't tell anyone anymore." It would take some work though; as someone who was always attempting to dissect the truth and reasoning of the world around her, false information and lies generally were not high on her mental task listing. She could claim honesty as a virtue, at least!

"....." She couldn't say anything as he removed his blindfold; she was too preoccupied with focusing on the radiant spheres of his eyes, glowing as if whatever special chakra flowing through them couldn't be fully contained within them. It was definitely a sight she would be able to vividly recall forever in her life, and made her feel...small. Or rather, made the village she lived in feel small; there were so many things in the world she couldn't even imagine until they were revealed in front of her. So much that she could never hope to understand it all. To her, they were much more than just glowing eyes. They were fascinating.

Before speaking she mimicked Kagemaru and sat down exactly where she was standing infront of him, deciding it was interesting enough to stay.
"So you see everything." She repeated, her mind attempting to comprehend exactly what that would mean. Not only did he see completely to his sides, but also behind, above, and below...and inside others, multiplied by a vast distance that her eyesight could only be a fraction of. Of course, she was unable to picture such a thing; but knew enough to know how simply withstanding the sheer sensory input of such a power was a damn near miracle of mental strength in and of itself. "....I think a normal person might try to cut their eyes out after too long. You're special." If a god had eyes, she would picture them with this power.

"...You're the second person I met with special eyes. My friend called his the...Sharingan. He also was from outside the village; it seems like its interesting out there." She recalled, comparing and contrasting the two. Any more and she might mistakenly believe that everyone in Stone simply had poor vision compared to the outside world.

A moment after she spoke, her head tilted up, as if she had just remembered something important;
"Oh. Thats not a secret, too, is it?" She questioned, "If it is, then I remembered wrong. His eyes are normal and brown." *pokerface* Whether she was being serious or attempting a joke, her deadpan expression revealed nothing.

[MFT]

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Date: Wednesday
Time: 3:42PM

The girl amused Kage. She was interesting indeed. Even though she was probably around his age, if not a few years younger, she still seemed to have what he believed was a childish view of the world around her. But it was amusing to listen to her be so articulate about it and he could tell she was enjoying his company as well.

True enough little one He said in melancholic response to her rebuttal about him already knowing she was full of tendrils for it to matter if she told him or not. She had a valid point. He had simply just expected for her to at least try and cover it up a little as opposed to being so forthcoming about it. But Kagemaru lived a different life then the girl did. Deceit, secrets, and subterfuge were all part of his blood now. Lies upon lies, he even had a philosophy about the subject. Any man who had a philosophy about a subject spent too much time around said subject. Kage even kept his eyes hidden for multiple reasons, only one of which he'd actually admitted to. She didn't need to know the others as they weren't important to the conversation at hand.

Her reaction to his eyes was... different to say the least. Based on her expression and relevant silence, he had to admit that it seemed like she was actually understanding what it meant to be able to see everything. Most people shrugged the information off with the idea that he could only see very far, but the truth was he could not only see far, but also THROUGH objects. Layers upon layers of items for several hundred meters.

Well, I come from a family where eyes like this are passed down through the generations. However, its normal for us to be able to turn this ability off due to it requiring energy to use. I managed to take the skill a step forward. A blessing and a curse at the same time, I require no energy to use my eyes, but I also can't turn it off. I've had them for a bit over a decade now so I've gotten used to it. Truthfully, had I not been born with the ability, I wouldn't have been able to handle it once it became permanently locked in the ON position. They have their advantages, and disadvantages. The girl then went into another person she'd met with eyes called the sharingan. He knew of those eyes well, but what really almost made him lose his composure was her mention of them possibly being a secret. Her expression thereafter forced Kage into a smirk which he could hardly maintain due to forcing himself not to bust out in laughter. Scratching the corner of the area where his eye would be, Kage would continue.

I know of the Sharingan. Useful eyes, very powerful, dangerous, and as much as I want to say over-rated, they would make any man far above average with them. They may not be able to see as far or as much as I can, but the numerous things that a single Sharingan eye can do make them powerful indeed. Of the various doujutsu I've seen on my travels I'd have to say they are the second most dangerous. This was Kage being fair about his assessment. He'd mentally ranked his own Doujutsu; in its evolved state; at number 3 with the fourth place being Sanryoukugan and first being the Rinnegan. The former of the two simply allowed the sight of spirits. Not too dangerous on the scale, where as the Rinnegan allowed for the controlling of corpses, mastery of several elements and practically mastery of multiple bloodline exclusive techniques. It was by far the most versatile of the bunch. He had a vast knowledge of all sorts of things and he liked to seem like he knew a lot. Knowledge was a powerful resource and these days, he found himself with far too little of it.

By the way, you can call me Kagemaru. Still omitting all the information, it was a force of habit for him to withhold information periodically. What was worse, was that he even had mental validations for doing so. He didn't tell her his surname in hopes that if she ever actually DID tell anyone of his eyes, the chance of them jumping to the conclusion that he was a Hyuuga would be lower, JUST in case a conflict arrose from this conversation. Knowing he could see was one thing, but with the Hyuuga name, there are many that know their fighting techniques. He also omitted the fact that he was from the Leaf village. Though Ginjiro had made it here and this village was apparently taking in refugees from the crisis, he didn't want anyone to know he was from that place in case that information managed to get turned against him. He couldn't help himself as it was part of his being.

Of the three names you mentioned earlier, I like Kuroyuki best. I think... that if I had a daughter, I'd have liked for her to have a name like that. Black Snow... Elegant, yet dangerously ominous. I think it fits you as well too. He'd give her a confident smile as he said that. Her name was eerily suitable for her in his opinion. Kagemaru didn't exactly want kids, but he always found them easier to be around then adults. Even though she wasn't one, she looked the part and mentally it made Kagemaru more at ease. Children were less likely to put on airs or play games that could get you killed.

So, Kuroyuki-hime-chan, what can you tell me about this village that you think I may find interesting?

[ooc: Considering I've been typing on my phone till now... I think I did pretty well. This post was just this big because a lot of articulation was building up I guess >_>]

[Marked: WC= Just under 1k]

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(OOC: That is insane. I don't know how you managed the patience to type so much through a phone e.e)

This man was one of those who were born into this world to a clan built upon generations of experience and knowledge. It was....envious, although Ashuri had long since passed the envy feeling into acceptance. Afterall; in the world of shinobi, it made perfect sense to her that those with strong blood and genetics were often "special".
"That's...impressive. At first, I thought that all shinobi from clans were "born lucky", and were strong without working for it. But...you're strength sounds like something you earned. Even compared to others with similar gifts as yours, you had the power to surpass them with your power. Your special eyes are results from that..." Ashuri was impressed; it as easy to be envious of things others had that you didn't, but it was also simple for her to feel appreciation where appreciation was due.

That being said, despite such an ability, had had apparently seen enough of others to have some understanding of where different skills sat with each other.
"So the Sharingan is that special...And it's only the second most dangerous of the ones you've seen. I would....like to learn about them one day. I think it would be...fun...to be able to see many different kind of Jutsu in the world and know enough to rank them..." The dark haired genin trailed off in her thoughts. She had experienced the Sharingan's power firsthand, understood how its powerful ability of hypnosis allowed its wielded to dive to the depths of her mind and recover memories that may as well have been lost forever...And she knew that was most likely a small portion of its capabilities. She was unsure whether she felt frightened or excited by the thought of many unknown (to her at least) techniques. "...What is the most dangerous Doujutsu like?" Many people may have felt proud enough to brag of there own, but KAgemaru didn't seem the type to her. Had he claimed his own being superior, she would have very likely believed him.

She was pleased by the man's, Kagemaru's, like of the name, earning him on of her frail smiles in her otherwise bland-set of expressions. She definitly didn't mind the "hime" bit being tossed in, either!
"'Our names are similar. Kagemaru. Kuroyuki. "Kage" and "Kuro" are similar." All names were important, and to her it was no different. " I also think its an...elegant...name. Kuroyuki" is a name I want to live up to. Powerful. Its something that motivates me to become stronger...I don't think its fitting to have a name like that, but be weak. Right now even if my body is strong, my...mind...is weak...." She spoke. Although was she physical older than she appeared, for more than half her life she had been confined and experimented on with no contact to the real world. Without experiences, her mindset and views were very much in sync with her body; childish. "...Thats why I read books and scrolls. People are...difficult to understand, but books are much easier for me to understand" She held up her book for emphasis; given that she was physically unable to sleep without outside influence, many nights were spent studying, and her observant mind ate up all the information she allowed it to.

"I....don't think I can show you anything that would be interesting for someone who's already seen many places like you. I think with your eyes, you would already see more of the village than I have." She admitted, finding it ironic that she was fascinated with the thought of the world outside of the village, despite not fully understanding her own environment. She understood this, yet couldn't see the logic of it; she was also just as strange as those she often watched. "...What do you think is "interesting", Kagemaru? What would you want to see most if you couldn't see everything?"

[MFT]

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Time: 3:45PM

The two seemed to be getting along well. Their conversation had been going on for a while now but Kagemaru didn't mind in the slightest. The monks that had been praying were now noticeably absent and the sounds of their voices could be heard echoing throughout the halls of the temple. Taking that into account, Kage lowered his voice the appropriate amount of decibels so that his voice didn't bellow out into the halls. He smiled at her compliment. It was true that he worked very hard for his eyes and that more often then not he considered them an asset then a hindrance. He lived with the occasional annoyances that came with them like the sporadic headaches lack of being able to be surprised, and constantly seeing everyone naked. The last one took a few years to get used to, but he didn't mention it very often. Most people didn't realize that he could see them that way, and he was just fine with that.

Well in life there is a certain amount of luck required. For example... your body is hard to kill. For a man like me, in my past life, a skill like that would be more then handy. Even though you were not that way at birth, you are that way now... so even something like that could be seen as a blessing in disguise. The girl had spoken of being born lucky, but he never gave luck much credit. Some people were born with things that others were born without. It was a way of life. It was all a matter of perspective if the things you were born with or without were beneficial. Those who were born blind were known to turn that into a strength due to being able to strengthen their other senses to much higher levels then they would have been able to had their eyesight been there. A strength formed from what many view as a weakness.

Your thirst for knowledge is admirable. I have to admit. She had asked about what he believed was the strongest of the Doujutsu he'd seen. It was an easy answer, but he had to stop and admire her precociousness. He was beginning to believe that he had found somewhat of a kindred spirit in this girl. She was hungry for information as he was when he was the age she appeared to be. He still valued information and knowledge actually, more now then he did in his earlier years.

As for the strongest Doujutsu I've encountered, I can't say I've come into contact with it personally, but any doujutsu user eventually hears of the Rinnegan. Usually a set of rippled purple eyes that allow the user to see from the perspectives of multiple bodies that they control at once. In that aspect, they are weaker then my own eyes, however, those with those eyes are usually complimented with a slew of other abilities such as being able to revive dead bodies to be used as their own. So... if one with the Rinnegan were to use my body as what they call a Path, then they would have access to my eyesight as well as the combined eyesight of all other Paths they were in control of, which could also include a Sharingan user. Essentially a Rinnegan user has the ability to have access to multiple Doujutsu at once, should they find the bodies... A dangerous power to say the least. A weaker doujutsu in terms of what the eyes themselves did. Kagemaru would admit that, however, what the eyes do did not always make the doujutsu. In terms of numerous techniques, Sharingan had the most by far. His Byakugan had no other techniques other then allowing him superb eyesight, but it also gave him access to a fighting style that only he and those like him could perform. The Rinnegan, while its eyesight was weaker then the Byakugan's, came with the ability to control multiple bodies. Multiple bodies that had multiple types of jutsu in them. That made the Rinnegan the worst of them all fairly easily.

The small girl also seemed to like the name Kuroyuki though she didn't feel that she deserved it quite yet. Kage would smirk at her before replying. She wanted to learn by simply reading, but made no mention of getting out into the world. That was a fault in Kage's eyes.

I wouldn't say your mind is weak. Quite the opposite really. You've got a very... astute air about you. Collected and mature. Personally, I believe you're wasting your talents by simply reading. Getting out into the world and experiencing it first hand is the best way to go in my opinion. Hopefully she would heed his words. His favorite student Ginjiro he had first met on a mission out of the village, and now the boy was grown and had experienced so much. Reading about war in a book is one thing, experiencing it first hand is quite another thing entirely. But Kage believed that since he'd experienced that hardship first hand, the boy was now a much more rounded shinobi and man. He believed that the same could hold true for Kuroyuki here. She would need to give it a try first.

Don't you worry about what I think is or isn't interesting. I wanna see what you find interesting. Everyone has their own personal preferences. You like learning from books, I like to learn from experience. And new experiences are always good to have. His secretive personality was once again leaking out. A normal person may have answered the girls question with a simple reply of their likes or dislikes. However, Kagemaru deflected her question and responded with a far more philosophical response while reflexively attempting to play it off like he only interested in her interests. He was actually interested in her interests, but those weren't the only reasons he asked the girl show him around. This village was a large place and though he could theoretically walk around and take in all the sights and then some, it would just be him wondering around aimlessly. It would be more fun to have a bit more of a targeted search. Though he wasn't looking for anything in particular, he was much more likely to find something to catch his attention with someone guiding him to areas of interest then him walking around town aimlessly.

[ooc: I have a cracked screen too, so its not as easy as it should be >_>]

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Perhaps it was unrealistic for her to imagine some sort of "gift" that had no downside or difficulty to overcome. Indeed, in any other case she would consider the ability to recover from practically any wound to be a great blessing. Hers just happened to come to her in a way that didn't generally match up with the traditional thoughts of "Blessed", "Luck" or "Gifted". She nodded her head in agreement. "A blessing in disguise...Thinking of it like that is different. I would have died without it, so I could be lucky." She agreed, remaining unmoving from the spot where she sat.

"Rippled eyes. Rinnegan. Multiple bodies. A power like that is also very interesting to me. I'd also like to see something like that for myself..." She spoke, adding everything Kagemaru had mentioned to her mental database. A power as large-scale as the Rinnegan would be simple enough for her to remember should she ever encounter it, even years down the road. Plus she had a gut feeling that someone like that would be appetizing. She wouldn't have minded being around while someone like that passed away.

"...You're right. Up until now, I was fine with just...making sure I would keep living from day to day. But now, I also think that it would be a waste to be satisfied with just that." She had a great skill at her disposal; it made perfect sense to her that not using it would have been a terrible waste of potential. The only issue she had was building up a goal for herself; on that front, she was empty. She had no grand dream or motive, and even found such things to be hollow ideals.

"Alot of people seem to be interested in their clan...or money. Sometimes both. But, those don't interest me...I think people are interesting to me. A lot of people seem to get determined and focused on something, although I don't really understand why. Jutsu and books are easy to understand, but...a person doesn't have to make sense." As much as she loved learning and understanding her environment in the most logical way possible, it was precisely the illogical nature of people that made her find enjoyment in observing them. Even if she did have the bad habit of "mocking" them as she watched. "...Oh, I won't call people "foolish" anymore, either. For example, I know someone who wants to change the world into a "fair" place for everyone...I don't think something like that is possible, but he's sure that it can be done. I don't understand that, but...I think someone like that is interesting, so I wouldn't ever mock him."

"...Theres a place called Arcadia that is in a large cave under the village. It is almost like a village itself. I don't remember how I ended up back in the village after my body was changed, but I woke up in Arcadia. I haven't been there since, but...it might be interesting." She offered. Being more of a lurker and recluse, there were actually few places that came to the genin's mind. But even so, she had felt like she was missing something from Arcadia...And after a moment of contemplating the idea herself, her back straightened up and her expressions became more alert, her mind recalling the gift the blindfolded man possessed; "....Kagemaru, can your eyes see further than others in your family? Not the Sharingan or Rinnegan, but others with the same eyes as you?" It could very well have provided an opportunity previously unavailable to her...

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Time: 3:50PM

Their conversation would continue on. The two of them seemed to really be hitting it off and Kagemaru was pleased at that. It'd been so long since he'd actually sat down and spoke with someone for a lengthy amount of time. Aside from Ginjiro when he first arrived to the Stone village, he hadn't really conversed with anyone for several years actually. A nice change of pace to say the least.

You and me both actually. Kage hadn't yet seen someone use the power of the Rinnegan, but he was weary of it. It was a powerful ability to have and being the type of person he was, he naturally wanted to experience what it was like in order to concoct a way to defeat it. Experience was the best teacher and he'd yet to experience the might of a Rinnegan user.

That in and of itself makes you a bit more fascinating then the average person I believe. He said replying to her comment about what she found interesting, while takig a moment to adjust himself in his seat as the pew he sat in was growing increasingly more stale and uncomfortable.

In my previous line of work, I came to depend upon a certain philosophy that knowledge was power. And to this day, it has served to be true. The more information one has, the stronger they are. Not necessarily physically, but in general. Thats why I believe experiencing things is a great way to learn. Hands on tends to be much faster, though sometimes much more dangerous then just reading text. She then told him of a place called Arcadia. He'd heard its name mentioned a few times as he mulled around the village but hadn't actually visited the location itself.

I've never been there actually and it sounds pretty interesting indeed. Ironically enough, I just spent the last 3 or so years in a cave. Haven't quite figured out how many yet, but it was more then a few. Though this cave I'm sure is actually still connected to this world so everything should be fine. He'd come to terms with the fact that he'd been abducted and taken to a cave within the contract land a long long time ago. At this point, it was just another event that happened to him and that he would learn from. Due to what happened with the Doctor, he accepted the fact that there were things in the universe that he couldn't control. He would do his best to survive, but other then that, whatever happened to him, would happen.

All those with the eyes that precede my own are inferior. I can see further then they can by several hundred meters actually. Do you require assistance with something? He picked up on her intention rather quickly but he wasn't bothered by it. He was doing very little for himself so helping Kuroyuki would be of no inconvenience to him.

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The genin's dark-haired head tilted to the side for a moment, a small quirk of hers that she tended to do when misunderstanding for a moment. It seemed Kagemaru himself hadn't ever stumbled across the Rinnegan, yet knew of it through other sources. Ashuri definitely wouldn't have minded having a mental database that encompassed things she hadn't actually encountered herself as well, because afterall; knowledge is power. She nodded her head in silent agreement. "When I first woke up in this village, I knew...almost nothing...It's only been a short time since then, but I already learned alot. It makes me feel safer, confident. It really is its own power." She admitted; a few (long) weeks ago, she stumbled in her speech at every other word and couldn't bring herself to make eye contact. Now, she was speaking more coherently, even if it was still abit slow and softspoken. Although she lacked experience and had difficulties with common sense (i.e. what should be kept secret), she was quite intelligent and picked things up quickly.

Her eyebrows scrunched together in thought, seemingly perplexed.
"Hmm. Maybe "cave" is the wrong word. Its...almost like Arcadia is its own world itself, but it is definitely here. Caves are supposed to be tight and dark, but Arcadia is open and bright..." She was at a loss for how to describe it; it was something she'd have to let Kagemaru experience for himself, and she was sure it would be quite different from any other cave(s) he may have been too. And considering how extensive his vision was and that a blindfold was meaningless, she figured something as simple as seeing in a dark cave was a given. Or in dark anything, really...she could imagine someone like him wandering through them as long as he wished, never being steered wrong...

...Which was precisely why she hoping to take him with her.
"...I can remember times when I was being changed to have the...gift...I have now. It was...someplace underground, in tunnels. But I don't remember leaving; I "woke up" in Arcadia, in a boat..." Her usual distant and neutral expression changed to a concerned one; there was a void in her memories. At one point, she was in an underground shrine and the next she awakened in Arcadia. "...I think wherever I had been changed was someplace passed the..."lake"? Or maybe "sea"...Its not an ocean...Arcadia has a lot of water..." She trailed off, becoming distracted over a minor detail for a moment; her analytical precision sometimes had its own issues, afterall. "...Oh. I think its in some smaller cave in Arcadia, some place that would need a boat to reach. It should be far enough that someone with similar eyes couldn't see it...but if your eyes see further, I think maybe you could find it." She began to piece together. Whatever cult decided to experiment upon her would have hid itself away from most common detection methods, including lesser variants of his eyes...But Kagemaru's eye sight was certainly unrivaled.

"I wouldn't be able to find it myself...or even with friends...But...you're special..." She tilted her head once more, awaiting a response shyly. Although she normally spoke with confidence in most cases now, asking anything more than questions of others brought out her previous discomfort and unease...

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Time: 3:52PM
<i></i>

It was funny how similar all people in the world were. Always looking to help themselves in some sort of way. He wasn't mad at her for it actually. It was an inherent nature in humans. Giving her a slight smile while also nodding his head, he'd give her his answer.

Well Kuroyuki-hime-chan, I will help you on one condition. Turning to face her in the pew, his expression was that of a blank one, if you could even discern it due to the blind fold shielding half his face.

I'll help you if you supply me with a meal and a warm place to sleep tonight. He was actually very serious with this request. He was little more then a hobo at this point and sleeping outside was getting old. He didn't want to abuse his skills to take advantage of others and this was mainly due to his honor, but in this situation, he was providing a service and a service should be paid. The payment for this particular service was food and a place to sleep. He wouldn't charge her actual money because she had grown on him over the few minutes that they'd actually been conversing. He saw much of his early self in the girl.

I never work for free. So what I all I ask for payment is food and a place to sleep until the job is either done or deemed outside of my ability to complete. Agree to that and I'll assist you to the best of my abilities. It was inherent in a humans nature to use others for personal gain in their lives. Kagemaru knew this, and he knew he was also no exception to the rule. It was actually something he liked to utilize. It made people predictable. Essentially, everyone had a price. No matter what they wanted, or what they were asked to do, there was a certain amount of SOMETHING that they would either want or work until they could get.

And trust me, my eyes can see quite farther then any other Hyuuga you'll ever meet. I've even learned a technique that further increases that range. But on a side note... you mentioned your friends earlier. The one with the Sharingan, is he going to accompany us on this mission? He recalled her mentioning a shinobi from outside the village who was a wielder of the Sharingan. When he was a Minister in the Leaf village he made it his business to be knowledgeable of those with particular abilities. Sharingan users were one of them.

[Marked WC: 425]

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Again, the sides of her pale lips curved upwards into the small signs of a dull smile in response to Kagemaru's nickname of her. Bonus points since he didn't seem to have any issue with her request, other than some sort of condition.

"...Okay." She agreed. *Blink...Blink* "I mean. "I accept".", she continued. Apparently, to her it was important enough to correct herself. Afterall; she has been attempting to expand her vocabulary, and was doing pretty well up to now.

She nodded her head; she asked something of him, and he of her; it was a trade, and made so much more sense to her than asking something for nothing.
"You don't work for free." It also made her feel more comfortable requesting his aid. "If you help me, I can make sure you have a home and food. And a place to sleep. And normal food..." She continued; due to her uncommon needs, "home" (for her) her didn't necessarily need to include a bed and food; although she added that in to meet Kagemaru's needs. Because of her innocently honest nature, a promise was a promise to her. Unbreakable.

As for whether they would be accompanied by her Sharingan-eyed friend, Akechi...She shook her head slowly. *Turn left. Turn right.*
"No...I don't think asking lots of, I mean, asking many favors from someone is too good. He already helped me alot before...I don't want to ask another favor again so soon..." She admitted; to her, relying on someone else's strength meant she was too weak, or otherwise unable to do something on her own. In this case, it would have been outright impossible without Kagemaru's almighty vision. But she also had another reason; she was understanding enough to realize that what she was after may not have matched up with his ideals. Seeing disappointment from her friend made her feel not-empty in a very...anguish-ful way.

She wanted to avoid that. Although, if things happened and she found the people that she felt wronged her...would this man look at her with the same look behind his blindfold?
"...Do you think life is "precious", Kagemaru? Even for people you don't like?" She questioned, rising to her feet.

[MFT]

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Time: 3:55PM

The two of them had come to an agreement and Kagemaru was content with her response. He could tell she was actively attempting to improve her vocabulary. It was a noble effort. And he'd make no comment on her small and bashful smiles giving away her true feelings of joy, but simply give her a confident smirk in kind.

Ah. Well no worries then. I understand that even asking for help in the first place can be a daunting task. At least in this case, we're mutually gaining something. Though it was of no consequence, he was a bit upset that he'd be unable to meet her Uchiha friend. They were hard to spot out in the open if they didn't have their Sharingans active, but it was no issue. He'd simply meet the man another day. Then the conversation took a turn for the dark. Ironically enough, it was the same place he and Ginjiro had been talking about only a few days prior.

When I found my way back to this world and then into this village, I came across an old student of mine. We had a conversation about this but he's been through so much already, he's got his own opinions and views on the subject. Mine however are probably a tad more jaded and darker then what you'd ask of most people. That said, I believe a life is a life. It is but a fleeting moment in the grand scheme of things. Essentially everyone is born and ultimately they will die. Life, and living is a thing that should be enjoyed while its possible. But everyone's life will come to an end one day... that said, I've killed people myself. I've taken more lives then I can count or remember. Some in self defense, some in what would be viewed as cold blood but never without an order to do so. What -I- believe is that if you must kill someone. That is... to end their life, then you had better have a reason that -YOU- believe makes ending their life worth it. Never take a life if you will regret the action. Because more often then not, being dead is permanent. Not everyone will be resurrected by a Necromancer or a Rinnegan user, and even if they are... they wouldn't be who they once were. A complicated answer for a complicated question. Even though what she had asked sounded simple, the answer was far more weighted for Kagemaru. He had killed people and no matter who you were, killing someone changes you on the inside. There are those who become cold to it and unflinching. There are those who absolutely will not do it because of the fear of what will happen if they do. Kagemaru chose to live with his decisions and not look back at them. Looking back only caused regret, regret was a weakness and Kagemaru couldn't afford to be weak. He had his principles however. Never killing anyone he wasn't ordered to, or anyone whom wasn't trying to kill him. There were those he'd killed just to keep them from exacting their revenge on him as a safety precaution as well. Having people hunting him down was simply something he wouldn't stand for, so if a life needed to be ended in order to keep his, or anyone he cared about's life safe, then that person's life was ended without a second thought.

Standing up to stretch himself a bit as he had now officially grown tired of sitting in the terribly uncomfortable pews of the temple, Kagemaru stretched, and after a small yawn, he would address the small girl.

Well, I guess we should be going then. We can start as early as tonight or tomorrow morning if you prefer. Whatever suits your fancy. With that he was ready to leave and begin a new adventure with Kuroyuki. Perhaps he'd find another meaning in life while helping the girl out.

Shall we go?

[Topic Left]

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Again, her head full of dark hair nodded in understanding. Things being in their mutual benefit worked for her; perhaps, she, like Kagemaru, also found it a reliable way to make things predictable. That was the ultimate reason as to why she was so curious afterall; to predict things.

"Everyone is born and will die...I agree. Life is fleeting...that makes sense. I...also think that people should try to enjoy themselves as much as they can, and do what it is they want to do." Yes; Kagemaru's own views reaffirmed some of Ashuri's own beliefs. That people's lives were fleeting, insignificant to anyone outside their own small circle of influence. That if two circles needed to pass, one would give way for the other. She...wanted to be the stronger force, even if it meant that the circle of others, their lives, disappeared under her own.

But as much as she liked to view things coldly and through reasoning, as much as she tried to pretend to be uncaring...It obviously had some sort of effect on her; otherwise, she wouldn't have felt the need to constantly ask others of their opinions in an attempt at justifying herself. And yet, no matter the answers she got, she also knew that nothing she was told would change her outlook; in the end, she would go on living through any means, even if that meant she needed to sustain her life off others. Even if it meant that those close to her looked at her in disappointment. She...accepted that.

"If its the same to you, then I want to go now. I don't sleep, so waiting is wasted time for me." She admitted. Most of the time, she spent her nights reading; being unable to sleep actually let her speed through books remarkably fast, and her mind retained most of the knowledge. Unfortunately, she was still prone to physical exhaustion, so even if she could not sleep she did still require rest at some point...not that speaking to a blindfolded man in a temple required much in the way of stamina!

And so, the two left to sightsee the locale beneath the village, Arcadia...

And they lived happily ever after.

[/topic]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back