Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Empathetic

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Empathetic
Empathetic.png

It is not uncommon in the shinobi world for people to be raised and taught to restrain, or otherwise outright erase any emotions or attachment they may feel. While many shinobi seem to ignore the old ways, few are able to do the opposite and harness the strength of their emotions at a seconds notice. Those with this ability are gifted with the ability to read the emotions of others, and let their passion fuel and guide their abilities. Some possess emotions so strong, so intense, that they are able to draw out their feelings in the form of physical energy, at the cost of their own heart and soul's well being.

Empathy Scan - Passive (2 points)
Emotions are the basis of these shinobi's abilities, there is little they do not understand about the causes and strengths of their feelings, as well as the outcomes they may influence on a person’s mind. Because of their extensive knowledge, these shinobi are able to read the emotions of others be it a frail child or hardened criminal. With their understanding, it is said that those with this gift are able to understand the action’s of other’s before they themselves decide.
Effect: The user gains +2 Accuracy.

Emotion Blades - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Using their emotions as a source of energy, these shinobi are able to create energy in the form of miniature crescents that strike at the invoker of their scorn. These blades are not chakra, but the emotions of these shinobi and cannot be countered by ordinary means. However, because this emotional energy is part of the user’s own being, drawing out their emotions as energy can prove taxing upon these shinobi, causing them physical pain.
Effect: For 1.5 AP, the user creates blades of energy, up to four at 1% Max HP/each. For each blade, the user may choose to either damage or restrain a target. If they choose to damage, the damage dealt is twice the amount of HP put into their creation. If they choose to bind, the blade is used as a Called Shot against a target's limb, raising it two levels for the remainder of the round or until the blade is destroyed. Up to two blades can bind a single limb at once. May be used once per round. This attack is considered Spiritual.

Emotion Barrier - Independent Special Move (2 points)
These shinobi are attuned to their inner feelings, and as such they are easily capable of forming strong bonds of attachment with others. At time’s, there is little that is stronger than their intense desire to protect other's, and they are able to create a visible form of their desire to protect in the form of a barrier. Though this energy is not chakra as it may appear, but rather a portion of the user’s own life force sacrificed for the well being of others.
Effect: User is able to use up to 10% of their Max HP to create a barrier around themselves and up to two others, defending against Elemental and Physical damage. This HP cannot be recovered while in the barrier, except if the user has Compassionate. Healing jutsu used within the barrier gain +25% effectiveness; This Barrier blocks Genjutsu. Can be maintained for 30 seconds. If the barrier drops with any HP left in it, this HP is returned to the user.

Pacify - Independent Special Move (2 points)
Rage and anger are powerful emotions that can be hard to resist, yet for those attuned to the emotions of themselves and others they are a product that can be countered with a simple tranquilizing aura. These shinobi are able to infuse their chakra with calm desires such as peace, and disperse the intent to cause harm to those in the area.
Effect: At the cost of 2 AP and 5% Max HP, the user is able to nullify the effects of up to two targets' damage buffs. This is treated as a Will Genjutsu but uses Ninjutsu Accuracy, and lasts two rounds.

Natural Empathy - Boost (1 point)
Restriction- Can be purchased up to two times
It is said that emotional wounds run deeper than physical injuries. There is truth in this saying, and it also holds truth that the strength needed for emotional injuries to heal is also much greater and time consuming. However, for these Empathetic shinobi, they are so attuned to their inner soul that their body constantly draws it’s strength on their emotions, converting their emotional strength - and recovering from wounds at a much more rapid pace than others.
Effect: +10% damage healed from medical jutsu on the user. Added 2% HP/CP healed per 1/4 AP past the first while resting.

Charm Person - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Restriction- C Rank and up
To those who understand the workings of the emotions of other’s, one can find that manipulating them is a simple task that only requires a bit of subtle guidance. These shinobi are able to play with the inner natures of others to such a degree, that they are nearly able to bend the will of others to suit their own causes, even if it is a simple act of raising their disposition them more.
Effect: The target must pass a Genjutsu Save roll versus the user's Ninjutsu Accuracy in order to target them with an offensive action. If they fail, the action auto-fails. This does not take up a Genjutsu slot on the victim and lasts three rounds. Target may only auto-fail a single action per round, and may only be effected by Charm Person once per battle. Costs the user 1.5 AP and 2% Max HP.

Soul Pulse - Jutsu Modification (2 points)
Restriction- Requires Chakra Blast
Emotions run high within these shinobi, and by drawing out their strength, they are able to imbue their emotions into what would otherwise be dark to assist in guiding them with a burst of emotional energy with the sole intent on striking their target.
Effect: Transforms Chakra Blast into an Emotion attack at the cost of 3% Max HP. This grants it +500 Base Damage and makes it Spiritual.

Compassionate - Passive (2 points)
Time has long been understood as the only remedy to heal emotional wounds, taking months to heal some of the deeper wounds. However, to those with the deep understanding of these same emotions, they find that their emotional wounds heal quickly, and the gap in their soul left by their drawn out emotions can be healed with little more than time.
Effect: The user gains a passive 3% Max HP recovery per round. This includes self-inflicted damage, including that done from other Empathetic techniques.

Emotional Torque - Passive (3 points)
The power of the Empathetic's emotions, their own combined with what they see in other people, is sometimes too intense for them to handle. They need to channel it through their chakra, letting it fuel their attacks instead of tearing at their souls.
Effect: +10% Ninjutsu damage. All of the user's Ninjutsu are considered Spiritual.

Sentimental - Passive (2 points)
Much in the same way that these shinobi are able to peer into and read the emotions of others, these shinobi are constantly able to sense the feelings of those around them, and understand with an eerie perception that allows them to react and act upon the feelings of others.
Effect: When making a Blind Shot, the user's Ninjutsu Accuracy is checked instead of their Awareness.

Inner Passion - Passive (3 points)
Restriction- C Rank and up
Emotions, while often viewed as a sign of weakness, can be a powerful tool if embraced and utilized to their full extent. Unlike other shinobi who only feel brief and momentary spurs of emotion, these shinobi fuel themselves with their intense emotions and desires, and little seems to be able to quench the flames of their passion.
Effect: The user gains 10% damage reduction against all damage types, including Illusionary damage.

Courage - Ability Modification (3 points)
Restriction- Requires Fearless
Strong of heart and true of mind, the things that bother most people can seem to fuel an Empath. What in another ninja might be considered recklessness instead for them is simply pure determination and the will to carry on.
Effect: The user no longer suffers the Evasion and Genjutsu Save penalties from Fearless, instead gaining +1 to each. Effects that would increase damage dealt to them, regardless of the type of damage, are ignored.
Note:</I> This does not include effects that cut through damage reduction or damage buffs, only effects placed on the user that are intended to increase the damage they take.

Spiritual Anguish - Non-Elemental Ninjutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
Restriction- A-Rank and Up
It is rumored that this technique strikes at the very soul of its victim, but whether or not this is true, what is the soul other than the inner emotions of a being? With their understanding and ability to use their own emotions as a source of power, these compassionate shinobi find that that can use this ability to strike at the same source in another. This technique damages the life force, or soul, of the victim, overflowing them with a surge of emotional energy that both painfully disrupts and rips a hole in the life force of the target.
Rank 1: A successful hit disrupts 1 AP worth of actions and deals 3000 damage to the victim's HP and CP. If the victim fails an additional Genjutsu Save roll, they take an additional 1000 unbuffable HP damage and a -2 dodge and Genjutsu Save penalty for three rounds afterward. This technique is considered Spiritual.
Rank 2: A successful hit disrupts 1.5 AP worth of actions and deals 3500 damage to the victim's HP and CP. If the victim fails an additional Genjutsu Save roll, they take an additional 1500 unbuffable HP damage and a -2 dodge and Genjutsu Save penalty for three rounds afterward. This technique is considered Spiritual.
Cost: 3 AP, 4500 CP, 5% Max HP
Notes:<I>
- This technique always targets Genjutsu Save.
- Can only be used once per round per target. Dodge and Save penalty does not stack with itself if used again on the same target, but does reset the round timer.
- HP expended cannot be recovered through use of healing jutsu.
- AP disrupted counts against the target's
Suppression round limit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Code:
[b][u]Empathetic[/u][/b][u][/u]
[img]http://www.ninpocho.com/images/BattleSystem/CoreAbilities/Empathetic.png[/img]
[quote]It is not uncommon in the shinobi world for people to be raised and taught to restrain, or otherwise outright erase any emotions or attachment they may feel. While many shinobi seem to ignore the old ways, few are able to do the opposite and harness the strength of their emotions at a seconds notice. Those with this ability are gifted with the ability to read the emotions of others, and let their passion fuel and guide their abilities. Some possess emotions so strong, so intense, that they are able to draw out their feelings in the form of physical energy, at the cost of their own heart and soul's well being.

[b][u]Empathy Scan[/u][/b][u][/u] - Passive (2 points)
Emotions are the basis of these shinobi's abilities, there is little they do not understand about the causes and strengths of their feelings, as well as the outcomes they may influence on a person’s mind. Because of their extensive knowledge, these shinobi are able to read the emotions of others be it a frail child or hardened criminal. With their understanding, it is said that those with this gift are able to understand the action’s of other’s before they themselves decide.
[b]Effect:[/b] The user gains +2 Accuracy. 

[b][u]Emotion Blades[/u][/b][u][/u] - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Using their emotions as a source of energy, these shinobi are able to create energy in the form of miniature crescents that strike at the invoker of their scorn. These blades are not chakra, but the emotions of these shinobi and cannot be countered by ordinary means. However, because this emotional energy is part of the user’s own being, drawing out their emotions as energy can prove taxing upon these shinobi, causing them physical pain.
[b]Effect:[/b] For 1.5 AP, the user creates blades of energy, up to four at 1% Max HP/each. For each blade, the user may choose to either damage or restrain a target. If they choose to damage, the damage dealt is twice the amount of HP put into their creation. If they choose to bind, the blade is used as a Called Shot against a target's limb, raising it two levels for the remainder of the round or until the blade is destroyed. Up to two blades can bind a single limb at once. May be used once per round. This attack is considered [i]Spiritual[/i].

[B][U]Emotion Barrier[/U][/B] - [I]Independent Special Move[/I] (2 points)
These shinobi are attuned to their inner feelings, and as such they are easily capable of forming strong bonds of attachment with others. At time’s, there is little that is stronger than their intense desire to protect other's, and they are able to create a visible form of their desire to protect in the form of a barrier. Though this energy is not chakra as it may appear, but rather a portion of the user’s own life force sacrificed for the well being of others.
[B]Effect:[/B] User is able to use up to 10% of their Max HP to create a barrier around themselves and up to two others, defending against Elemental and Physical damage. This HP cannot be recovered while in the barrier, except if the user has [I]Compassionate[/I]. Healing jutsu used within the barrier gain +25% effectiveness; This Barrier blocks Genjutsu. Can be maintained for 30 seconds. If the barrier drops with any HP left in it, this HP is returned to the user. 

[b][u]Pacify[/u][/b][u][/u] - Independent Special Move (2 points)
Rage and anger are powerful emotions that can be hard to resist, yet for those attuned to the emotions of themselves and others they are a product that can be countered with a simple tranquilizing aura. These shinobi are able to infuse their chakra with calm desires such as peace, and disperse the intent to cause harm to those in the area. 
[b]Effect:[/b] At the cost of 2 AP and 5% Max HP, the user is able to nullify the effects of up to two targets' damage buffs. This is treated as a Will Genjutsu but uses Ninjutsu Accuracy, and lasts two rounds.

[b][u]Natural Empathy[/u][/b][u][/u] - Boost (1 point)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Can be purchased up to two times
It is said that emotional wounds run deeper than physical injuries. There is truth in this saying, and it also holds truth that the strength needed for emotional injuries to heal is also much greater and time consuming. However, for these Empathetic shinobi, they are so attuned to their inner soul that their body constantly draws it’s strength on their emotions, converting their emotional strength - and recovering from wounds at a much more rapid pace than others.
[b]Effect:[/b] +10% damage healed from medical jutsu on the user. Added 2% HP/CP healed per 1/4 AP past the first while resting.

[b][u]Charm Person[/u][/b][u][/u] - Independent Special Move (3 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] C Rank and up
To those who understand the workings of the emotions of other’s, one can find that manipulating them is a simple task that only requires a bit of subtle guidance. These shinobi are able to play with the inner natures of others to such a degree, that they are nearly able to bend the will of others to suit their own causes, even if it is a simple act of raising their disposition them more.
[b]Effect:[/b] The target must pass a Genjutsu Save roll versus the user's Ninjutsu Accuracy in order to target them with an offensive action. If they fail, the action auto-fails. This does not take up a Genjutsu slot on the victim and lasts three rounds. Target may only auto-fail a single action per round, and may only be effected by [i]Charm Person[/i] once per battle. Costs the user 1.5 AP and 2% Max HP.

[b][u]Soul Pulse[/u][/b][u][/u] - Jutsu Modification (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Requires Chakra Blast
Emotions run high within these shinobi, and by drawing out their strength, they are able to imbue their emotions into what would otherwise be dark to assist in guiding them with a burst of emotional energy with the sole intent on striking their target.
[b]Effect:[/b] Transforms Chakra Blast into an Emotion attack at the cost of 3% Max HP. This grants it +500 [i]Base Damage[/i] and makes it [i]Spiritual[/i].

[b][u]Compassionate[/u][/b][u][/u] - Passive (2 points)
Time has long been understood as the only remedy to heal emotional wounds, taking months to heal some of the deeper wounds. However, to those with the deep understanding of these same emotions, they find that their emotional wounds heal quickly, and the gap in their soul left by their drawn out emotions can be healed with little more than time.
[b]Effect:[/b] The user gains a passive 3% Max HP recovery per round. This includes self-inflicted damage, including that done from other Empathetic techniques.

[b][u]Emotional Torque[/u][/b][u][/u] - Passive (3 points)
The power of the Empathetic's emotions, their own combined with what they see in other people, is sometimes too intense for them to handle. They need to channel it through their chakra, letting it fuel their attacks instead of tearing at their souls.
[b]Effect:[/b] +10% Ninjutsu damage. All of the user's Ninjutsu are considered [i][glow=green][color=green]Spiritual[/color][/glow][/i].

[b][u]Sentimental[/u][/b][u][/u] - Passive (2 points) 
Much in the same way that these shinobi are able to peer into and read the emotions of others, these shinobi are constantly able to sense the feelings of those around them, and understand with an eerie perception that allows them to react and act upon the feelings of others.
[b]Effect:[/b] When making a [i]Blind Shot[/i], the user's Ninjutsu Accuracy is checked instead of their Awareness.

[b][u]Inner Passion[/u][/b][u][/u] - Passive (3 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] C Rank and up
Emotions, while often viewed as a sign of weakness, can be a powerful tool if embraced and utilized to their full extent. Unlike other shinobi who only feel brief and momentary spurs of emotion, these shinobi fuel themselves with their intense emotions and desires, and little seems to be able to quench the flames of their passion.
[b]Effect:[/b] The user gains 10% damage reduction against all damage types, including [i]Illusionary[/i] damage. 

[b][u]Courage[/u][/b][u][/u] - Ability Modification (3 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Requires Fearless
Strong of heart and true of mind, the things that bother most people can seem to fuel an Empath. What in another ninja might be considered recklessness instead for them is simply pure determination and the will to carry on.
[b]Effect:[/b] The user no longer suffers the Evasion and Genjutsu Save penalties from Fearless, instead gaining +1 to each. Effects that would increase damage dealt to them, regardless of the type of damage, are ignored. 
[b][i]Note:</I>[/i][/b][i] This does not include effects that cut through damage reduction or damage buffs, only effects placed on the user that are intended to increase the damage they take.[/i] 

[b][u]Spiritual Anguish[/u][/b][u][/u] - Non-Elemental Ninjutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
[i]Restriction-[/i] A-Rank and Up
It is rumored that this technique strikes at the very soul of its victim, but whether or not this is true, what is the soul other than the inner emotions of a being? With their understanding and ability to use their own emotions as a source of power, these compassionate shinobi find that that can use this ability to strike at the same source in another. This technique damages the life force, or soul, of the victim, overflowing them with a surge of emotional energy that both painfully disrupts and rips a hole in the life force of the target.
[b]Rank 1:[/b] A successful hit disrupts 1 AP worth of actions and deals 3000 damage to the victim's HP and CP. If the victim fails an additional Genjutsu Save roll, they take an additional 1000 unbuffable HP damage and a -2 dodge and Genjutsu Save penalty for three rounds afterward. This technique is considered [i][glow=green][color=green]Spiritual[/color][/glow][/i].
[b]Rank 2:[/b] A successful hit disrupts 1.5 AP worth of actions and deals 3500 damage to the victim's HP and CP. If the victim fails an additional Genjutsu Save roll, they take an additional 1500 unbuffable HP damage and a -2 dodge and Genjutsu Save penalty for three rounds afterward. This technique is considered [i][glow=green][color=green]Spiritual[/color][/glow][/i].
[b]Cost:[/b] 3 AP, 4500 CP, 5% Max HP
[b][i]Notes:[/i][/b][i]<I>
- This technique always targets Genjutsu Save.
- Can only be used once per round per target. Dodge and Save penalty does not stack with itself if used again on the same target, but does reset the round timer.
- HP expended cannot be recovered through use of healing jutsu.
- AP disrupted counts against the target's [/i]Suppression[i] round limit.[/i][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back