Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Escape the Sun [Contract Search]

Saito Kyoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
tumblr_nh7k6rQ3Rh1qcopb3o5_500.png

Theme Song<i></i>​

It had been two weeks since Kyoshi had completed his first mission. The young Saito was still coming to terms with the fact that he was directly responsible for the death of another human being. It had been an understood fact of the shinobi life since the time he was old enough to walk and talk, but Kyoshi had never had to face the truth of it until now. He had taken a life from the world, accidently or not, and he could feel something inside of him growing colder because of it. His sister, Ayashi, had decided that Kyoshi simply needed to clear his mind, and the incessant ramblings of their father wasn't going to do much in the way of helping Kyoshi cope. To that end, they had prepared their things and traveled out into the countryside for a few days. Ayashi told him it would be a good chance to refocus himself and get back to his training after everything that happened. She was right of course, and it was the first thing Kyoshi had been excited about since everything happened.

Their trip had begun well enough, minimal supplies, and a couple days out in the wild. It was going to be Kyoshi's first such trip and he'd been excited enough for it. The first day had gone off without a hitch, the two Saito siblings made their way into the forest at the base of a mountain, made camp and set about collecting firewood and food. Kyoshi found a few fruit trees and Ayashi caught three fish. The resulting buffet was followed by hours of intensive training, both combative and sensory, as Kyoshi was still learning to familiarize himself with the effects and strain of his Byakugan. It was hard work, but even he could already see the difference in his speed and the power behind his strikes requiring less physical effort. Even after the two siblings tired of beating each other senseless, Ayashi decided it was time to train his eyes for scouting, as she had her younger brother attempt to pick out details from a distance or close at hand on a finite level.

The two siblings had also made time to talk, since Ayashi was training with the ANBU, she was more familiar with the thoughts going through Kyoshi's head than he'd figured she would be. She told him of how the first person she'd ever killed was a serial killer that was stalking the farmers of some remote village in the countryside. The man had been evil, at least in Ayashi's opinion, but she'd still found it difficult to wrap her mind around what she had done. She told him of her struggles to cope with the feelings of herself becoming a murderer just like the man she'd killed, but how in the end she realized the world was safer because of her actions where the world would have been more dangerous because of his. Kyoshi wasn't sure how his sister's idea of balance in this respect coalesced with his own struggles, but he accepted it nonetheless, after all, he needed any sort of validation he could get at the moment. Uncomfortable with the idea of bringing death, Kyoshi latched onto the idea of doing it to help others, because he understood that it was what being a shinobi was about.

In the end however, both Saito retired to the the small camp they had made for themselves, and a couple hours after sunset Ayashi made mention of an old cemetery near an abandoned shrine where they could train the next day while working towards putting their thoughts to rest. Kyoshi smiled at his sister, it had been made clear throughout the day that despite her best efforts to help him feel better and the empathize with what he was going through, Ayashi simply hadn't dealt with the same sort of dilemma that Kyoshi had, at least not in the same way. For him, it wasn't about defending others, that he understood, and it wasn't about being a murderer, but after years of being told to give of himself for the sake of family, clan, and the village, Kyoshi simply couldn't understand how he was suppose to value his life over that of anyone else's. It felt wrong, just as stealing or lying would. It wasn't so much what had happened that bothered him, but how everyone had congratulated him on his survival instincts and the awakening of his Byakugan despite the fact someone had died.

Their father had already begun talking about the possibility of Kyoshi one day joining the ANBU, and how it was his destiny to follow in Ayashi's footsteps. It felt like someone was grating his ears. The shear pressure of it all had given him a migraine, and the thought of one day hunting people down and killing them the way his sister apparently was frightened him. Kyoshi loved his sister, but that revelation in the wake of everything going on inside of his head made him weary of her, the ANBU, as well as his own future as a shinobi. This day had been a good day though, the two siblings had had a chance to spend time together, and Kyoshi was grateful to his sister for everything. It was the guilt he had over the way he was feeling towards her made that him want to cry though. He felt sick as he curled up next to the low burning fire, the sound of crickets, owls, and other creatures as well as the steady sound of the stream let him drift off to sleep. Tomorrow would be a new day, a new chance to figure everything out.
Word Count: 928​

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“EEEHH…EEEHHH…Etch!” The sounds of a sniffle barely audible to anyone in the night…

Leopard print of brown with black spots could be seen moving through the forest floor, but only if one was looking really hard. The slow methodical movement and the occasional moving of grass was only interrupted well except for the occasional…”Etch!”

As the sun turned to dusk the small one looked over the hill to see an encampment. Normally the being would never dare to go near humans…especially if they were shinobi or if there was a fire but the cool dampness that slugs usually enjoyed was not doing anything for this cold. Seeing the fire he thought to himself…’I will simply slide into camp undetected…sit by the fire for a few moments…and then be on my way…’ With that decision made the slug quickly rolled down the hill towards the encampment.

------------
As usual the slow moving slug took hours before he made it to the camp…he was even a little dizzy from all the rolling in an attempt to speed up time. The camp in sight now he was excited to sit reasonable close to the fire. The slug’s old tired eyes saw that something was blocking a direct view of the fire. “Oh yes…perfect. A place that is warm but safe from the embers!” An ideal situation if the leopard slug had anything to say about it.

As it moved up and settled in next to the large rock…the rock itself was also radiating warmth which felt nice against his tired imaginary bones. “Oh this is sort of like a hot spring…ohh I should visit one soon…” The slug cooed to himself. As he sat and laid until about midnight the slug felt something on the verge of his nose…he attempted to swish his moustache in order to stop it but he could not contain himself. As he wiggled around he made a vain attempt to rub the sneeze away…’If I sneeze into the open I might wake the humans!’ he screamed into his mind. Alas though he could not contain himself and in a vain attempt to keep hidden he decided to sneeze into the warm rock.

“ahh…eihgh…AAAAHHHHHHCCCCHHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!” The noise level was low except for the fact that it was right next to Kyoshi’s head and the sudden feeling of slug goo covering his head in combination wit the former would probably rouse him. Whether this was normal slug goo, sneezy snot goo, or vomit slime goo…none of these would feel particularly great, especially as a wake up call.

The slug grew horrified realizing the mistake he made. Now slugs were masters of hiding from all sort of predators…due to his illness, how tired he was, and maybe his somewhat lacking brain cells he quickly thought up how to hide from the boy. The foot long leopard slug with all of its effort stabbed its back end into the ground. Using all of the muscle in its body it stood its whole twelves inches plus three for the eye stalks. It’s rather large handlebar mustache blew into the wind. ‘The boy is tired this will be easy!’ If its face could grin then this slug would have a large one on its face.

As the boy would inevitably turn to look into his direct line of sight the slug would make a noise. “OOOHHHHHOOHHHH. I am a hallucination brought on by deep unpleasant dreams. OOOOHHHHHOOOHHH!” He had to resist clearing his throat or else clearly the illusion would be real. As such he held it in. “Now…go back to your fevered dreams and you’ll wake up j…j-j-j-j-j- AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHCCCCCHHHHOOOOOOO!”

The foot long one spewed out more of its slime enough to even cause the fire to die down to embers. The boy having possibly…incidentally been caught in the blast…the slug itself getting launched backward and rolled along the ground. “Confound this non-existent nose!” The mustache would wiggle as it wiped along the ground attempting to clean itself up.

The slug knowing that the jig was up simple bowed and said, “It should… I mean will! Yes will come off with a quick rinse in the river!” The slug attempted to escape at the break neck speed of half a mile per hour until it let out another monstrous sneeze which launched the little devil back right into Kyoshi’s face. As the slime of whatever horrific things you wanted to imagine made a splat sounds as two piece of meat slammed together…As the cold wetness oozed against Kyoshi’s shoulder the small little beast simple started to say…

“Gods found this infernal cold is getting in the way of everything.” As the slug attempted to hop off the boy it found that it was having difficulty…A nervous cold sweat came down the slug as it with a worried look glanced over to the boy…

“Hehe…just kidding my name is Byoki Hito and I am your guardian Angel! Take us to the river and I’ll grant you a wish!” The lies were very apparent but with no way to separate no matter what Kyoshi might try to do it looked like the pair were for all intents and purposes…stuck together. No matter what he needed to make sure he was not turned into slug stew by the boy…

Saito Kyoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After the exhausting day spent training with his sister, Kyoshi was so worn out that by the time he finally laid down to go to sleep the ground had started to feel comfortable. He had a small mat to lay on, as well as a thin sheet like blanket to cover up with as it wasn't that cold out. The child drifted off into a dreamscape filled with the slow cracks and dancing glow of the fire alongside the low whisperings of the night air. His mind was slowed etched more and more towards a cozy little space in the shadows of his fading senses. Warm, tired, and a full belly left the boy content with the world for the first time since the incident. What should have been the gentle gaze of the sun's rays across his skin waking him, was instead the the swift and unexpectedly warm goo slapping him awake as it hit him in the face.

Kyoshi sat up with a cough, causing his older sister to turn over in her sleep, muttering something about him needing to keep the noise down. Kyoshi meanwhile spent the first couple seconds of consciousness getting whatever the foul substance was out of his mouth as his senses snapped too. Kyoshi was immediately made aware of the oversized slug standing not even a foot from his face, more than a foot tall. Reflexively scooting away from the creature, Kyoshi was dumbfounded attempting to understand what the creature was saying. He knew he wasn't dreaming, or at least he thought he wasn't, the whole situation was rather odd for the particularly sheltered kid. "I wasn't having unpleasant dreams, nice try-" Kyoshi was saying as he was interrupted as yet another of the slug's sneezes sent an unhealthy amount of slime into the boy's face, even into his mouth.

The slime wasn't acidic, which Kyoshi feared at first, but as he began to cough and gag at the taste of it, franticly wiping it out of his eyes, Kyoshi bagan to worry it might be poisonous and this was some sort of attack. That notion was quickly lifted, as the unidentified talking slug mentioned washing the slime off in the river. No longer worried about his safety, Kyoshi stood up and took a few steps towards the river before the slug sneezed yet again, launching itself into Kyoshi's face, knocking the half asleep boy onto the ground. Cradling the slug against his chest, Kyoshi gave the large slug a concerned expression. "You are most definitely not an angel, besides the only thing your likely to grant me is whatever cold your suffering from. My sister has a medkit, surely we can get you some medicine, after we both clean up." Kyoshi suggested with a bit of a giggle, sitting up and moving his hand as the slime connected his hand to the slug, which also was connected to Kyoshi's face via another trail of slime.

Standing up with the slug still in his arms, the young Saito decided to introduce himself. "Saito Kyoshi, I'm a shinobi from Kumogakure." Kyoshi said with a huge smile, "You said your name was Byoki Hito right? Your not some sort of plague bringer are you?" Kyoshi asked, observing the creature in his arms. Once they made it to the river, Kyoshi attempted to place the talking slug on the grass near the water, so he could wash his face and shirt. "How does a slug get sick anyway?" Kyoshi's childish curiosity getting the better of him, though it was quickly becoming apparent to him that the slug was stuck to his chest. "Uhh, Hito, would you mind letting go so I can wash all this slime off?" Kyoshi asked, a hint of worry in his tired voice. It was quite clear to Kyoshi that the only threat Hito posed was a viral one, but otherwise the slug had no ill intent and just needed some medical aid and a good night's rest. He'd cared for his infant sister when she was sick before, so Kyoshi's big brother instincts kicked in, after all this slug was about the same size as a human baby. The one thought that gave Kyoshi pause was that he was unsure which was messier, this slug or a baby. The main issue at hand now was that it appeared as if Kyoshi now had a talking slug attached to him.
Word Count: 738, 1666 Total​

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy was taking this rather well. While they were connected by the mucous goo he did make an effort to hold him. Most humans did not enjoy the feel of a slug and as they managed to walk the slug was happy. This is…so much faster. As the boy commented that the only thing he would get from him was his sickness the slug shrug with the no existent shoulders it had. “Unlikely, it’s been at least several centuries since the last epidemic of Slung Flu. Now that was some nasty stuff. Human spewing thing everywhere…all the tripping…heh.” He did get a sick...heh...satisfaction. “No one died mind you, just a very annoying few weeks. I promise you I do not enjoy the suffering of humans.” Much…

Since he could focus on not sneezing since he was not doing anything else he kept them to himself. Only a mild surge as he sneezed internally. As the boy made his way forward the slug shook its head quick to further comment. “No-no child I need to be this way for my evolution! You see I am going to earn my wings and I need all the goo I can get!” His dream would soon be realized, and nothing especially not this boy was going to get in his way. “It is imperative we separate ASAP so I may be on my way!”

The boy introduced himself as Saito Kyoshi and the slug seethed, “Ugg…shinobi…” The slug obviously did not care if he showed his disdain. “Nothing but murder hobos for hire…only look for strength in the name of “Justice”. Listen here kid if you have half a brain you would give up on it now. Shinobi training makes monsters out of everyone. You never come out better than when you go in. Plus you actually seem like a cool tempered kid.”

The slug wondered why the boy was becoming a shinobi…it was weird. Who chooses that lifestyle? Family is probably pressuring him since he chakra sensitive.

To answer the boys follow up he continued, “Hito-san is fine enough for me Kyoshi-kun. And no I am not a plague bringer.” As they got to the river the slug would wait until Kyoshi started to wash them before he continued. “I am a great explorer looking for the fountain of youth! I have spent the last eighty years hunting for it, but I did find another lovely spot. The place I am going to will grant me my wings that will be a huge asset to my hunt for the fountain!” The slug was clearly very excited to get wings…though how would be quite a weird concept considering what slugs are.

The slug started to just roll back and forth in the water. “SLhfdwbefbfjdso” That was all that could be heard as the slug talked while under water. “joiewfjnbfehbew” As the slug came back up onto the shore it shook it’s face to dry it’s large mustache. “That’s how…quite the difficult process let me t-t TELL YOOOOUUU.” Another sneeze exiting the slug’s small frame.

As the slime link was now severed they were free to go their own way. "Sorry for the trouble kid I really did not mean to cause you all that trouble. If you have a free jar I can goo into it for you as a reward. You’ll feel your skin is probably baby soft. If you use it sparingly or refine it maybe could make a pretty good healing ointment out of it. Makes us even right?” The slug clearly trying to do something right for the boy. “After that we can go our separate ways. After all I have a long journey ahead of me.” As the slug slide back away from the river Kyoshi would see how slow the thing moved, let alone when it sneezed backwards. “Do not dally though boy I need to get a move on if I want to get there on time!”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back