Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Evenings training [Pm for Entry]

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kyo moved back into the forest, feet bare, and the snow covering the grounds crunched underneath his feet as he was once again in the forest for extra training away from the prying eyes of his disapproving family. He had to improve his skills beyond what was taught at the Academy and at his own family’s complex. To that end he utilized weights and obsessive training, while others might not want to perform more training after the harsh training at home as well as his other training in class he enjoyed it. He loved becoming stronger, faster, more enduring, this not only made classes easier to deal with but the training he went through at home was much more tolerable than it would otherwise be. He was always trying to expand his limits, he wanted to know what his body was able to do, and he wanted to push it beyond that limit into a higher place, he never wanted to plateau. As with most of these nights that he spent out training in the Ancient Forest, he was alone, at least for the moment, as most avoided it due to the rumors and dangers that arose in the forest itself. He knew the dangers were real, he had experienced them in the past, the dire squirrels, the giant boars, and various other dangers that were in and about the forest. He was sure there were bandits and their ilk in the forest using it as a base of operations as well as he had traced several some distance into the forest in the past. Of course that was the entire reason that he trained here, he could train in peace with no real interruptions, which was something he valued a great deal.

Finishing up a set exercises he moved into practicing his form, the weights that he wore made it require more strength and effected each and every move. He worked in silence as he was want to do, he had never needed the noises that the others tended towards, and as he had advanced, he had become even more silent as he was aware of how his footsteps and other movements would send ripples of vibrations through the ground due to his tremor sense. He made an effort in keeping every movement fluid, smoothly moving from one position to another, still the snow crunched softly underfoot as he moved about. It was nearing time for the young boy to take a rest, his body covered in a sheen of sweat that was quickly cooling in the light breeze that traveled through the trees.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was the start of another perfectly fine day. Shigeru had already gone through his dusk-time stretching exercises, making both his blood and chakra flow throughout the body. Shigeru only cared about keeping his body and mind in top shape in order to control the fiery chakra flowing through his veins. Sometimes the chakra pressed against his skin, struggling to break free. Shigeru had kept it in check for years, and he wouldn’t stop now. The forest, however, was calling his name. Already having a small bag packed, Shigeru slipped a few books into it, light reading of fire shinobi of the past along with records of the Marsh-Bear conflict. Only true solitude would allow him to absorb the knowledge and commit it to true memory. Glancing around his room, Shigeru’s eyes rolled over his blade, contemplating for a moment if he wanted to do some training with those, and straight towards the set of steel knuckles. They were a new tool, but they had proved to bring a new focus to training. Shigeru needed focus; the knuckles were scooped up as Shigeru exited the building and out into Kumogakure proper.

As always, Shigeru was wearing a short cut of clothing, his breathing skin steaming from the difference in temperatures. With a wave, Shigeru greeted his neighbors, a small smile on his face. They always looked at him weirdly; never truly understanding his strange condition. Shigeru didn’t let this get to him ever; they wouldn’t be the first to cast strange looks towards the man. He made his way quickly through the village. How could he protect this village when he could barely control himself? There was a dark cloud over his demeanor, and it made the chakra boil more inside of him. The forest couldn’t get here quick enough.

By the end of the journey Shigeru was nearly running. The knuckles slapped against his thigh, pack against his back. Shigeru was channeling his excess chakra into his feet in order to quicken his pace, the rage was threatening to build too high, and sometimes even passion could run too high. Once his body had passed the threshold of the forest, he let out a guttural roar, a low bass that rumbled the very trees. His breath was coming quicker now, in deep gasps, threatening to drown him in nothingness. The weight of guilt and unpreparedness pressed down on him so thoroughly that his very existence was challenged. He had to let it out. Right. This. Instant. The world went red.

It had only happened a few times before, but every time Shigeru had been in the forest. The trees had some ward against light flames, maybe the cold or their age. Shigeru ran to the nearest clearing, and threw his pack far away from himself. The flames burst from his body and in that moment, the world went calm. Shigeru could feel the weight of his chakra releasing, flowing from his body outward, shrouding the area around him in solid flame. The spectacle lasted only a few moments, but Shigeru was left lying on the ground, the flames wreathed around his body like a cloak. Finally the feeling of pressure was removed, the world was in balanced again.

Calmy, Shigeru placed the knuckles over his own, and began basic forms, still shrouded in his flames. There was no time like the present when it came to practice. Hopefully the exercise would stop this from happening again.
<i></i>

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kyo had been in the midst of his final set of forms before he rested, once again he was so focused that he perhaps didn't notice something he should have, though this time it was far off in the distance when it brought to his me. This time instead of a small burst of light from a lighter, it was a enormous burst of light and a roar from... Well something, an explosion, either in a fight or perhaps one of the bandits accidentally setting something off or something else. Regardless, with him helping stop a fire just a few days ago, he wasn't about to let whatever it was take to the forest and get out of hand. He quickly turned and started towards the direction the noise and light had come from. At least this time he hadn't been snuck up on, instead it happened a ways off and not in a tree nearly overlooking him. He stretched his abused muscles as he went, he didn't want to cramp up if something happened. He moved quickly, the sheen of sweat on his body quickly cooling now that he wasn't pushing it as he had been. Rather than approach on foot, he leapt to the trees, silently moving from one to another in a blur, always making sure to disturb the branches as little as he could. As he went he stored the weights in various pouches across his body, distributing the weight and

As he drew closer he noticed up ahead there was a clearing, and that the trees and area in the clearing had the snow melted from them. Even before he could clearly see into the clearing he could make out the flickering light that dashed back and forth with the movement of the figure with in. He paused in the tree branches above the young adult that stood in the clearing practicing his forms, crouched, and silently observing for a few moments before he dropped to the ground, in effect to announce his presence to the young man more than anything else. He stood, watching waiting to see how the young man would react to finding himself not alone here in the forest, though with that display he had made earlier he found it hard to believe that he didn't expect someone to show up, and quickly. After all, there had just been a fire in the Ancient Forest.

[MFT]
[404 words]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shigeru was almost in a state of shock after his episode, his body needed to recover from the massive explosion it had created. The forms were another way of release, bringing himself back to one hundred percent. Even after a few minutes, Shigeru was able to form thoughts again, though he wasn’t able to turn off his fire cloak power, which would also take time; whenever it came on its own accord, Shigeru had to take care to suppress it again. Though, before he had the proper time to act on that, a new player arrived.

It had happened before after one of Shigeru’s episodes, someone showed up right afterwards. That person, however, came with their mind already made up, violent intentions in their heart. This person that just showed up did not seem to be the same way. Shigeru stopped his forms and looked up at the young man. He didn’t seem too threatening, at least not in the outward sense. The man wasn’t exerting any outward violent forces. This was a good start. Shigeru stood to his full height, a stunning 5’8” and gave a wave to the new approacher. “Hello sir, and good day to you. My name is Shimatsu Shigeru. Sorry for the light show, sometimes I can’t hold myself back. You got to admit though, pretty cool right?” Shigeru gave a half-hearted smile. He wasn’t feeling back to normal yet, but he had to play the part.

[WC: 242 MFT]

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kyo stared back at the man as he turned and addressed him, "Hotaka Kyo." he stated simply in reply as he watched Shigeru silently for another few moments before adding, "That was dangerous, you could have attracted some of the beasts here in the forest, some of the bandits, or perhaps a shinobi out looking for the person that had caused a fire here in the forest just these past few days that wasn't willing to talk." he stated it in a businesslike tone, his face serious as was usual for him. He paused before continuing once again, this time as he walked closer to the young mans position, stopping some ten feet away, the man was older than him by a good bit, and seemed to be there in the forest for a similar reason to Kyo's own, at least if the actions he had seen the man perform where any indication, "What brings you to the forest at this time Shimatsu?" Kyo offered no reason of his own in reply, and while the sheen of sweat was still there, it was diminishing quickly, and the weights had all been put away and there wasn't much to indicate what he had been doing out in the forest himself.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shigeru listened to the boy's words carefully, picking up on a hint of something as the boy mentioned the fire in the forest. Though Shigeru had never been able to set a single branch afire, maybe it had something to do with malicious intent or the exact makeup of the flames. Shigeru had to ponder a moment about the makeup of his inner fire that refused to do anything but spread. 'I have never really lit anything on fire, now that I think about it. This boy raises a good point. I could have set this whole place on fire, but not even one branch was burnt. How is that realistically possible? But I never set anything on fire unless I want it to be set on fire. Never not once. That is just insane! Maybe my fire isn't the same as other shinobi's flames? No, not even possible. No...' Shigeru let the thoughts wander and fought his way out of the prison of his own mind. He was back in reality soon enough.

The boy was still there, and he still looked like an overly serious noble interrogating a simple peasant. However, Shigeru had a little experience with people like that, and they always could be cracked with something. Shigeru fell backwards immediately, straight onto his rump, and he roared out laughter. The whole situation was a little comical, the young boy much more serious than his elder, much like the making of some kind of reality acting. "You can call me Shigeru, the formalities are not needed in the slightest." Gesturing to his bag, "I came here for some light reading, but I was overwhelmed by the cold. Just had to shake that feeling, if you know what I mean? Sometimes you just need the forest."
<i></i>

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kyo had tensed when Shigeru had fallen backwards, the sudden movement had done nothing to put him at ease, whether accompanied by laughter or not, after all there were to many that were sadistic in this world, that would find it enjoyable to strike out at another that they deemed weak and easy prey, even if the mirth was genuine. A slight frown marred the boys expression as he watched Shigeru on the ground, he gave the man a nod in reply to the fact that formalities were not needed and to call him by his first name, though he did not speak, instead he moved to the bag and stood over it, warily, pondering the possibility that a charka bomb was inside of it. He gestured down at the bag he stood next too and asked, "May I?" He wasn't sure what the man meant by having a need for the forest, for him it was simply the best place for him to train in somewhat secrecy, and he didn't really notice the cold as such, he spent so much time in it, usually in less clothing, an the fact that his had become more and more desensitized to the world probably factored into it as well. So he essentially ignored that part, merely noting it and moving on.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shigeru attempted to play it off as if he hadn't a single care in the world, he didn't want anyone getting to know the true feelings roiling inside of him. However, this Hotaka Kyo in front of him neither seemed to be friendly or accepting of Shigeru; in fact, Kyo seemed quite suspicious. So even though Shigeru was pretending to be laying back and enjoying the day (man did he bring his poker face today), the man was watching everything that Kyo was doing. In all his movements, he seemed tense, on edge. Shigeru knew that he had probably interrupted the early morning ritual of the other young man, but that didn't mean he had to be so distrustful. 'Well I guess witnessing a huge fireball hurtling through the sky would put anyone on edge if they suspected the culprit. I happen to be that culprit, so I guess I need to give the guy some slack.'

"Kyo. You really need to relax. It is a beautiful day, and you seem a little on edge. However, if you wish to check out my bag, go ahead. I have books from our Great Library, though, so while handling those books, please be careful. The curator already dislikes me from the last time I charred a page." Shigeru let out a sharp laugh at his own joke.
<i>
</i>

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When the man agreed to let him examine the bag he moved to do just that, ignoring for the moment the rest of what he had said. He did as the man asked, handling the bag gently, knowing first hand how protective those in the library were from when he had been studying vulgar Kumo. He checked the bag efficiently, only taking the time to look through the titles of the books and handled them gingerly, especially any that appeared old and worn already. He would set the bag back down just as gently before turning his attention back to Shigeru and finally addressing what else he had said, "One should always be alert and ready, it is our duty." he paused a moment as he looked Shigeru over, "And I like living.", he supposed as he had rudely interrupted the man and his own purpose out here that he should apologize, it was the proper thing to do, still it wasn't something he did very often. He stood and stared at the man for a few moments before giving a small bow, keeping his eyes on the man as he was taught, and spoke, "My apologies, with the bandits, the purposeful fire recently, and the very real danger that the creatures of the forest pose themselves, finding another out here has put me on edge, especially as I do not normally find others in the forest normally, and even more rarely at this time." finishing his apology he would stand tall once more, "If you do not mind me asking, I am unfamiliar with you and your name, are you a mednin or perhaps a member of Deathwatch?" He would not bother asking about what he wanted to, it was pointless to inquire about ANBU or Merces Letife, both were required to be silent on the matter and openly admitting it to anyone would earn one at the very least an expulsion from their circle, if not a worse punishment. And both of those could bring up interesting things to talk about, besides it would help if the man was familiar with them. The boy was now making a concentrated effort to be social, speaking much more than was usual for him.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Italics are thought

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shigeru watched the boy as he rummaged through his stuff, once again mentally noting the sharp edge to all of his motions, as if the boy would never let his guard down. These things could be deadly for students so young, for they may get burned out quickly. The rush for power and glory could quickly end in death or maiming if no restraint is taken. Shigeru was worried about all the students nowadays, they did not seem to be teaching proper ‘fun’ to the new shinobi. Though fun is something that shinobi truly have no use for, the students were only children, and breaking children too early could cause mental instability. It was a worrying thought that tugged at him whenever Shigeru saw one of these children up close acting like this. However, he shook his head of the thoughts and focused on the one person in front of him.

Though he did look restrained and on edge, Kyo did not seem as suspicious as he had before. In fact, compared to the unmovable rock he had been before, Kyo seemed to now be a puddle. This was merely based on Shigeru’s perception of Kyo’s body language. The boy was trying to openly communicate, probably something that did not come easily to him. What could Shigeru do but answer? “I understand the need to be prudent and wary Kyo, but even the mountain will be ground away by the ocean if it doesn’t learn to move. I know that is a weird proverb, but you should keep it close to heart, it may prove you well sometime in the future. Though, to answer your true inquiry, I am of the Main Branch. I have not yet specialized, but I have taken on dozens of missions. How about you? Are you a Genin or a student still?”

The last question came out simply because Shigeru forgot that he did not ask the standing of this young man Kyo, though it wasn’t as if his compatriot had been that forthcoming with information beforehand. It was strange that Shigeru had not asked anything, really, about the boy. He was so trying to tiptoe, he had almost forgotten who he was. “Tell me, Hotaka Kyo. What are your dreams? I dream of our village rising from all those around it who wish to do it harm. I dream of the day where we are prospering beyond belief; where our students are learning the ways of old, and our top shinobi are gaining honor beyond what any other place can muster. That is my dream, Hotaka Kyo, so give me a glimpse into yours.”
<i></i>

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kyo watched as Shigeru shook his head before answering him, and he answered in some odd proverb that didn't make much sense to him, a mountain never moved, not unless it was collapsing or erupting, neither of which was good for the mountain. Kyo frowned at the man for a moment before giving his own small shake of his head, the proverb the man had used bothered him, more in that he didn't understand what the man meant than in whatever it had meant to convey. "Main branch and not specialized? More and more likely to be my own future.", Kyo thought to himself before he answered the man’s own inquiry, "I am a student, haven't taken the exam yet, I should have though as I have completed several missions myself that are normally beyond an academy student."

The mans next words caused Kyo to pause and frown once more, what were his dreams? Not really, he supposed his goal would have to do instead, "Nothing so grand. I shall become a weapon worthy of being wielded by the Raikage. And I shall lead my clan one day."Kyo pondered on them a moment "I have a long way to go though, don't I?", with that he turned his attention back to the man, to what he had said, "The ways of the old huh? I wonder if he realizes that many of the old ways involved much harsher treatment of students, to the point of death?" well, if he did, then that was fine, he simply hadn't seemed to be that type of man to Kyo. Then again, he may just be idealizing the ways of the old as some of the academy teachers seemed to, which may very well be why he thought that way. The boy shrugged at the man and looked away for a moment, back into the forest, feeling more than seeing or listening, was there something there? He couldn't quite tell, he thought he had felt something, it may have just been a bit of snow falling from a tree or something similar. While he reached out with his tremor sense he turned back to Shigeru and spoke once more, "My clan is lead by the strongest, the one who can defeat all others in the tournament held at the death of the Head of the clan. Teruo-sama is getting old." he explained in more detail. Though he was speaking, his attention was obviously elsewhere.

------------------------------------------------------------------
[WC:400+]
[MFT]
Italics are thoughts.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shigeru watched Kyo attempt to parse out meaning from his words, but it seemed that the boy did not yet know how grinding the real world could get if you did not change a little every once in a while. Change is an inevitable part of the world, and resisting that change can bring great harm to the mind and body. However, Shigeru knew that he could revisit that parable at a later date. Acadamy Student? The boy looked much too sure of himself to still be in the halls of the academy. “You need to get out of that Academy Kyo. You are squandering your obvious talents. You seem to hold strength within you that can serve this great village. Any help you need, I would be happy to give it.” Shigeru did his best to not sound disapproving. The village needed every student to take the headband.

Then Kyo started talking about his own dreams. They truly weren’t anything too grand, but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t important in their own right. Shigeru cared about every dream. “Though I don’t believe that you should aspire to be just a tool that is the life of each and every shinobi, which, in the end, is the grandest dream you can have. Never talk down about your dream, aim for it and go!” Shigeru watched the boy and noticed that his attention was drawn into the forest. Looking over, Shigeru searched for anything that seemed out of place. He couldn’t quite sense anything, but that didn’t mean that there was nothing there. In this forest, anything was possible. However, the conversation had to continue. “Do you need a sparring partner? I am a pretty good fighter myself.”
<i></i>

[Edit: OoC: Topic Left Due to Inactivity. We can pick this up if you ever come back]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back