Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Event] A Holidays Nappin'

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
New Years Festival Event [Participants: Saigo Rippuru, Tsuirakuya Shashu and Katsu]
A HOLIDAYS NAPPIN'

Upon the long walkways where people had been gathering, stores and vendors stood fully open, lighthearted laughs and cheer echoed through the masses of people walking back and forth. Smiles were everywhere, from the smallest child, to the oldest perv. There were booths with challenges, pop the figure with small wooden guns firing corks at pinheads, there were booths where you had to catch a fish with a horribly weak net, and many more different kinds of challenges with varying challenges and challengers. More or less something for everyone.

The skies were littered with fireworks, fired from a nearby Tea House where the more extravagant and well off individuals stood and admired the fireworks.

Among the stores were also food stands of all the world's different calibers, there were baked fish sticks from the now cold and frozen Water Country, there were roasted noodles made from the finest corn fields of the Fire Country, granted their civil war had made it difficult to import, somehow a vendor had done it successfully. Granted no Festival were complete without a few stores selling the world famous Wind Country invention of cotton candy.

Here, amidst cheery laughter and joy three young Academy students found themselves.
Tired from their journeys and training a break and a celebration was in order.

OOC
One post from each of you, telling what you had been doing during the festival.
Maybe you want to meet up with your fellow Students?
Maybe you tried some of the challenges and won a few prizes?
REQUIRED: End your posts with you seeking to take a break from the festival, unsuccessfully.
Example: Maybe try and find a bench when there are none to be found.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mmmmmm...they really go all out in Kumo for the New Year Festival don't they? This is nothing like back home. Thought Shashu as she chewed thoughtfully on a stick of takoyaki. She had won a box of them at a stall earlier where you paid for a stick and threw it at a target after you were finished and if it stuck in the target you got prizes. She had been aiming for a stuffed crab, but a sudden burst of wind had thrown off her aim and she had gotten the food instead. Shashu shrugged. Can't win em all I guess. She had already gotten a stuffed lobster and a stuffed octopus (what was with the sea creature theme?) from two other, more traditional, game stalls, a ball tossing game and a number guessing game (she had gotten lucky on that one).

She had hoped to see another student here at the festival, seeing as how it was so big and all, but she hadn't managed to run into a single one. Hmmm. Maybe they don't like festivals? Shashu thought as she looked around again, this time for some place to set her stuff down for a second. She hadn't thought to bring a bag, none of the stall owners had had any to spare, and all her prizes and special holiday food she had bought were getting rather tiresome to carry. If I could find some out of the way spot I could whip something up, but there's too many people here... Everywhere she looked alleys and side streets were blocked off with yet more stalls and vendors, and all the pavilions and such that popped up here and there were populated with people. Hmph. I guess I'll head this way.... Giving up on finding somewhere to stop on this street she headed down a much less crowded street she hadn't yet tried. Hopefully there'll be somewhere over here. This stuff is getting kinda heavy.

Saigo Rippuru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Within two months of moving to the Village Hidden in the Clouds, Rippuru happened to stumble upon a festival. A festival. Really?

He'd never been to one, personally; oh, sure, he'd read about them in books, but to actually experience one....the thought was mind-boggling, and, admittedly, a little frightening. However, prizes and candy can deter even the most astounding fears, and so Rippuru found himself goggling amidst the throngs of people, hopping madly from stall to stall. Several times, he was shooed away by the stands' proprietors, scolding him for being greedy and not letting the younger children have a chance. I'm not greedy, he thought, turning away from a shopkeeper and clicking his tongue in a perfunctory manner. I'm just excited; is there something wrong with joy in the face of profit? Thinking on it a moment more, he had to admit how silly it sounded; of course money was valued over mirth. Of course, there was the one, singular awkward part of being out in the crowds, moreover.

Several children had already mocked his eye-calling him "that rainbow man"-and even their parents had quickly shushed their children away from this oddity, this freak in children's clothing. Not that Rippuru really blamed them, really; his right eye shifted colours randomly, and altogether too often. Not dependent upon his mood, nor his whims, it was as if a myriad of lenses sporadically drooped over his iris (sometimes, the iris looked like a half-filled glass: partly one solid colour, partly another) just to ostracize him. Normally, he'd make some harsh, though usually rather ill-thought out, retort, but the wonders of the festival had caught his cursed eye, rather than mingle with those who couldn't-rather, wouldn't-tolerate his presence.

A few hours into his exploits, he decided he needed a rest. Biting his lip, he glanced around, ignoring the points and stares, seeking a spot where he could snatch a bit of much-needed tranquility within the hectic atmosphere. As much as he loved the events within the street fair, he had limits, and he had nearly reached his. Ducking down a nearly deserted street, (which were quite rare, as he'd found out) he found a shadowed part of the wall and sunk into it, his whole figure slumping with relief. As he glanced around, he noticed an academy student who he couldn't recognize; whether that was because of the enormous amount of bags she was carrying, or the fact that he hadn't met her before, he couldn't tell, but either way, it would be rude to at least not say hello.

Casually stepping out from his corner of the wall, he gave a bright smile and glanced at the multitude of heavy bags she was carrying. He cocked an eyebrow, "D'you want some help with those? I'm Rippuru, by the by," he said cursorily

MFT

Katsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was strange, to say the least. Katsu was often expected to be in a library or tending to the Cathedral- social events like this were something of a oddity for him. Of course, that was because most people didn't know Katsu that well; the boy had plenty of desire to go out and mingle with the masses, it was just that he had been far to busy to actually do it for the past.... few.... years.

Yeah, Katsu was overdue for a holiday. Believe it.

The teenage priest stood watch over one of the 'fishing' stalls; his black suit and white collar ensemble instantly identified him as a preacher by trade. He knew this game well enough, the premise was simple: catch the fish, keep the fish. It was also a rigged game- the nets were far too weak to actually accomplish their task, they would break at the last minute, just when the child thought that success was in their grasp. Still, it wasn't all cruelty, the owner of the game would occasionally either give the child a legitimate net, or just let them keep the fish after a good attempt.

As luck would have it, it was about time for a winner to show up.

The child was swift, and the fish was rightly scooped from it's resting place. The little boy danced in excitement as the captured fish was moved into a sealed bag for transport. As his prize was handed to him, the boy's gaze slowly inched over to Katsu. "Reverend-san! Please bless Fishy-san!" the boy begged as he practically teleported in front of Katsu, the boy's parents followed soon after "Now now, don't bother Bishop-sama." they scolded. Katsu shrugged "I don't mind, really." he said with a slight chuckle. Katsu reached into his pocket and pulled out a small vial of holy water, he dipped his finger in the vial before tracing out a rune on the surface of the fish's bag. "May you have a long and happy life with your new friend, Fishy-san!" Katsu said. The boy was blissful "Thanks, Reverend-san!" he said as he started to drag his parents over to another stall.

Such energy, where did the children get it all from?

The diversion was amusing, but Katsu needed to take a break.... but where? The poor teenager weaved his way through the crowds, trying in vain to find somewhere to sit down and take a rest. In the process he drew relatively close to his fellow students, but he didn't notice either of them right away.

WC: 427
[MfT]

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The childrens laughter and cheers seemed to die out as the alley was approached, the empty street alley they found themselves on seemed quiet yet an intriguing sense of new territory exhumed from the foggy mist erupting from the far end of it. The intriguing offers from strangers is a sight truly to behold as even ones so young meet each other, friendship are bound to occur.

Suddenly behind the Bishop spectating the scene a light pink haired girl's hair popped up behind his shoulder, her eyes peering ahead into the alleyway, her hands held tight, grasping the Bishop's black clothes holding his shoulder tightly with her fine silky smooth hands. Her Blue Kimono with intricate printed symbols almost lightening up the darkness enveloping the alleyway. Her eyes sparked as a great big firework cracked in the skies above, her light purple eyes blinked in surprise as her mouth pouted so cutely.
IniiMegumi_zps1f6d85b0.png

Menami Mimi

"Lucky!" The girl said with a pout ever so cute as she looked upon Shashu examining her many bags and food, followed up with looking at the estranged looking boy with his color-shifting eyes. She tightened her grip on Katsu's clothes as she leaned in close making her, granted small, but pointy chest poke into the arm of Katsu. "Bishop-kuuu-" her words stopped suddenly, she intensified her stare in the direction of the Saigo.
"Mimi thinks she sees a garden.." She said with a soft intrigued voice. Stuttering as Her wooden sandals clicked and clacked onto the stone streets as her feet was shaking ever so slightly. was it fear or did she simply feel a bit awkward in her social situation.
She released Katsu's clothes with one of her hands as she pointed deeper into the alleyway, "T-t-there!.." She said swiftly "A garden, Mimi does see a garden!"

One might attempt to peer into the dark foggy mists, but one wouldn't see anything, even through special chakra infused eyes one would still not be able to see anything of significance except for blurry figures of what might seem like a wooden gate. A rare sight, even in Kumogakure, only places they were apparent was holy shrines and temples of ancient origins.
WoodenGate_zps18892f1b.png

Wooden Gate

Releasing the other hand from Katsu's clothes her feet began clicking and clacking more as she began to take steps in towards the darkness her wooden sandals making the street echo.
"Mimi wants to see it.." She said, her voice echoing on the walls around them, as she held a determined look upon her face.

OOC: Follow her deeper into the street, or stand tall and ignore her?
Are you a hero or a coward?

Saigo Rippuru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rippuru blinked. Once. Twice. Perhaps even a third, but it could have just been his eye shifting colours; it uncannily felt like he blinked whenever it decided to change its "filter", as it were. A cute, small girl-probably quite a few years younger than himself-had suddenly appeared behind yet another academy student whom Rippuru hadn't noticed until the little one began speaking. Even so, the fact that he hadn't noticed the other student standing there until it was made evident caused him a certain distress...What if that was an assassin? I'd be dead now. Maybe she is, though. I'd say she's too cute for it, but good gravy, there's been sneakier attempts on my life before, so this ain't nothin' I'm gonna discount.

As the child pointed towards the end of the alley-Rippuru could've sworn it wasn't misty a minute ago-and made a comment about a garden, he saw that, perhaps, it was time to get acquainted with her. Better to do so now, rather than when he was in the mist. Certainly, he wasn't going to let a girl walk in there by herself! Where on earth were her parents? Had she snuck out? An orphan? A billion thoughts buzzed through his mind, but he shook his head to clear it, cleared his throat, and then squatted down on his haunches in front of the girl-Mimi, was that what he heard her call herself?

"Mimi, I'm Saigo Rippuru," he started off with a smile and gave a short wave of his hand, his tone light and affectionate. "You see a garden over there?" He pointed. "Well, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to go see it with you. I love gardens-you could say I have a little bit of a green thumb." He winked and gave her a thumbs-up to emphasize his words. He stood up and looked at the other students. "You guys coming?" Turning back to Mimi, he put his hand to the side of his mouth and lowered his voice, as if he were sharing a secret. "I noticed my eyes kinda creeped you out. Believe me, you wouldn't know how many times I've woken up and looked in the mirror and scared myself. Seriously." He gave her a final wink and stood next to her, rocking on his heels and humming a soft tune, waiting for his classmates to respond.

MFT!
Word Count: 398

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Shashu walked into the alleyway a voice came from behind her. "D'you want some help with those? I'm Rippuru, by the by." She peeked over her shoulder to reveal a dark haired boy offering to take some of her bags. The stuff she was carrying was getting to be a pain, so she decided to take him up on his offer.

"Sure, here, you can take these....and these...oh and these! Thanks! I'm Shashu, a student at the academy." Shashu said as she began piling bags into Rippuru's arms, examining him while she did so. From his clothes she assumed him to be an academy student, and about her age at that. He also had a strange right eye that changed colors, but that was nothing new to Shashu. Before Tensai had mysteriously disappeared he had had two eyes that changed colors, and her own mirror-like orbs were pretty unusual as well. No, what she found most strange was Rippuru's height: not many people her age were as tall as she was.

No sooner had she shared her burden with Rippuru than a small girl came up to them, claiming she could see a garden in the evening mist that had gathered about the alley. While Shashu herself saw nothing, Rippuru seemed of a mind to indulge the girl, offering to follow her into the 'garden'. Shashu took the opportunity to look around, spying a semi-familiar figure a short distance away. Hmmm, he seems familiar....maybe I ran into him at the academy as well? She shrugged.

Rippuru had finished talking to the girl and asked if she and the other possible student were coming. "Sure, why not. Maybe we'll see something interesting, yeah?"

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
IniiMegumi_zps1f6d85b0.png

Menami Mimi
Mimi let out a squeal of satisfaction as Saigo Rippuru and Tsuirakuya Shashu gave their assent to follow her through the tori gate into the garden beyond. The Tenouzan Bishop, unfortunately, had either gone inactive again or was simply plastered silly like so many of his fellow men of the cloth, and could only give a slurred groan in response. He collapsed like a sack of fermenting potatoes where he stood, and was silent. Mimi looked back at him as the trio of herself, Shashu, and Rippuru headed toward the gate, and murmured an exasperated “Jesus Saito…” softly enough for only the Creator to hear.
Nappinbanner_1_zps4b8f5d34.png
As they passed under the wooden frame the formerly lively sounds of the festival, not more than ten meters away, seemed to grow softer and less distinct, and the colorful surroundings seemed bleared and washed thin, almost as if they were being muddied by an oppressive twilight. Indistinct silhouettes of festivalgoers seemed to traverse the periphery, but when focused on, seemed to disappear. Mimi seemed as playful and filled with wonderment as before, as she skipped along a mossy stone trail and poked at the surface of a nearby pond with a fallen branch.

“Erabe.*”

A sudden, booming voice hit everyone’s consciousness hard, all save for Mimi’s, it seemed.

“Do you give up the right to be called human?”
*trans: “Choose.”

I'm helping Keiji out with this event. Unfortunately, since Katsu has not posted in over a week, he's dropped.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shashu's response seemed to please the little girl, who squealed in delight as she bounced onward toward the gate. In turn, Mimi's antics brought a smile to her face as she recalled some of her happier moments from back home with her mother. Was I this energetic back then? She thought with a small chuckle. I must have been a handful...curses. Now I miss mum...

It seemed it would only be Mimi, Rippuru, and herself to enter the gate, the Bishop having seemingly frozen in stop motion before collapsing to the ground. The corner of her mouth quirked a little at the sight, followed by a shrug as she moved on. And that is why I'll never start drinking... She turned to Rippuru, shaking her head. "Let's leave the drunkie alone for the time being and see what there is to see, yeah?"

No sooner had they passed through the arch than the colors and sounds around them dulled, save for those of the misty path ahead of them. As if that weren't eerie enough, a resounding voice echoed through her mind.

"Erabe"

Before she could formulate a response, the voice spoke again.

"Do you give up the right to be called human?"

I....what? She thought, scanning the surroundings in search of the voice. The right to be called human? But I...." A series of images flashed through her mind: The ambush by thugs in the Cronopolis, the chase for that blue-haired menace through Susukino, the unexpected match between a pair of mysterious traveling fighers...all situations where she had called on that power within her. Was she human? Some sort of demon perhaps, or a half-breed of some kind? Masao-sama had said she carried an ancient and powerful bloodline in her veins, but that just gave her more questions...questions she still had no answers to. Can I even be called human?

Still looking around to discern the location of the speaker, she addressed the voice in her head. "What do you mean? Explain yourself."

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"What do you mean? Explain yourself," demanded Shashu. Ordinarily, this would have been the correct, logical thing to do when confronted by an unknown entity demanding one make a sudden metaphysical choice about the meaning of humanity and all of the implications thereof. However, this situation simply defied conventional logic.

Shashu's brain was instantly struck by nothing less than pure agony. A band of red-hot steel tightening itself around her head and cooking her scalp before fracturing her skull would have been milder. A brushing from the Main Branch Sennin Himself would have been gentler. No, this was the pure, distilled essence of pain. Kind of like eating ice cream way too godrotting fast.

"Erabe!" demanded the voice again. "Do you give up the right to be called human?"

Saigo Rippuru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Saigo walked next to Mimi alertly, eyes scanning anything out-of-the-ordinary; though he wasn't quite sure where the gate would leave to, he knew it probably wouldn't be anywhere good. So saying, he walked softly, constantly turning his head this way and that, bouncing on the balls of his feet. He nodded towards Shashu, and grinned in agreement of her words of the intoxicated priest. Turning back to his task, he noted that they had traversed the distance to the gate, (So quickly? he wondered) and the closer they got, the more uneasy he felt about so easily agreeing to follow the girl into this unknown...thing.

As they crossed the gates' threshold, everything seemed to just...die. Not literally, of course; but sounds of the carnival became muted, the people and everything far, far behind them became more spectres than solid; even colours became muted as the odd mist that had been perceptible earlier began to manifest wholly and surround the small party, and all the while, the weird feeling one gets in their stomach when something just isn't...right rose stronger and stronger in Rippuru's stomach, until it forced its way onto an unstable perch in his throat. Continuing down an overgrown stone-stepped path, moreover, his feeling turned to a sharp, acidic bile that threatened to overwhelm him as a voice suddenly emanated from the fog.

"Erabe," it intoned. "Do you give up the right to be human?

What on earth? Rippuru stopped in his tracks, swallowing the flood of bile in his mouth-he desperately wished for some sort of mint-and tried to figure out where the voice was coming from. It has to be some sort of Telepath, or some sort of Mind-Link Jutsu he thought, his eyes nearly blurring as he tried to peer through the mist. He vainly hoped, as well, that the spirit or whatever it was wouldn't be able to read his thoughts unless he directed them at the thing itself, but he kept them as guarded as he could, just in case. Give up the right to be called human? Well, that could mean several different things, really; he could want to kill us, thereby not rendering us as human anymore. That would be simplest. However, if this thing is as tricky and fancy as all this mist and whatnot, I'd wager his question was as much philosophical as not....which could mean a physical change, or imprinting something on us that would make us more or less of a human being; which would, of course, fulfill that. Mmm, well, I've never hated change. And I- At that point, Shashu challenged the voice, and instantly, Rippuru knew her answer hadn't exactly pleased the being. Though he couldn't tell what was happening to her, it didn't look altogether too pleasant. He felt torn between helping her and staying where he was, and it seemed if this spirit was as vindictive as it looked, then staying in one spot might be safer for all of them.

Mimi, on the other hand, was poking a rather fat bullfrog with a stick. Oblivious, naturally.

He sucked his breath in quickly, and deigned to speak. "I would." He kept it simple and short-there was no telling if the speaker would be irritated if he tried to speak or glean information from it by launching into a tirade of whether the change was meant to be philosophical or not. Nope. Sometimes, a shinobi had to take risks, and of all the times he had (which were rather few, thankfully) he really hoped this one paid off.

MFT!
WC: 597

((OOC: Thanks for all your patience, guys, I'm so sorry, but my car and work decided to shaft me simultaneously. I promise I won't do that again. Thank you, again!))

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Unfortunately for Shashu the disembodied voice wasn't the type for lengthy explanations, and no sooner had she demanded that it explain itself than her head felt like it was being squeezed in a vice of ice blocks while the entity barked out it's question once again.

"Erabe! Do you give up the right to be called human?" The voice sounded annoyed, as if her unwillingness to answer such a vague question without any explanation had somehow offended it.

"Urgh...how can you expect me to-" Shashu barely managed to force out before the pain doubled, threatening to pop her skull like a watermelon. "Grrrrr...fine!" She growled. Normally Shashu wasn't one to buckle under pressure, but the pain was unbearable. She had had enough, and now it was her turn to give the voice a piece of her mind.

"You know what? No! No I don't! I am who I am, and no amount of head squeezing is going to convince me otherwise, you self righteous prick!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, turning red in the face from the sheer force of her outburst.

"Now..." She said, taking a deep breath, the calm in her voice a stark contrast to the vehemency of her words just seconds ago. "Seeing as how you don't seem to get that it's rude to ask such questions without an explanation, I've got a question for you!"

As she spoke, Shashu reached into her pouch and pulled out a black summoning scroll. In one smooth motion she summoned the weapon sealed within and slipped into a two-handed stance, feeling Houki's dark and comforting presence wash over her as she brandished the broom before her like a pike.
[Ghost Npc Houki entering! Bewaaaaaaareeee]​
"Erabe!" She barked, Houki's presence lending a little extra oomph to her words. "Get your disembodied ass out here and show yourself or Houki and I come find you and clean out that clutter between your ears!" Hopefully whoever was behind that voice got the message, namely that she meant business. And if that didn't work, well, Houki's aura should fill in the gaps.

[Tis fine, life happens. Let's keep the posts quick so we can finish this event, yeah? :p]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Final Round

Saigo’s response was brusque and simple, and Shashu’s response was anything but. The voice that had sounded in both of their consciousnesses began to chuckle lightly, almost mockingly.

“The pain!” it howled…in laughter at Shashu’s threat. “Ahahaha, but I am not affected by the constraints of your tiny mortal brain, Tsuirakuya Shashu. You may be a level 90 Maid ready to scrub the shit out of me regardless of what I think about it, but as you quite plainly said, you are but a human. So I wonder what you think of the fact that the rest of the world out there sees you as an object of either fear or worship, while other shinobi see you as a toy and a mascot to be dressed up and then paraded around for their pleasure? Are you human when the Raikage orders you to kill again and again on his orders? What if you had to kill your mirror image? A peasant girl who might have been you if she had but inherited the spider’s taint you carry?”

The voice shifted focus now.

“And you, Saigo Rippuru, you answered so easily, and with an affirmative. You gave up your humanity quite easily to nothing but a voice in the wind, without knowing who asked you and for what purpose. Shall I ask you next to give me your manhood? Or your tongue? Or your eyes? Or perhaps I shall ask you to give up the search for your missing family? Would you do so if the Raikage commanded it? What if it was Hayata Shin himself who was responsible for their disappearances? But enough talk. I want to see action.”

A light shone from above, illuminating a patch of ground nearby Mimi, who continued to poke at a bullfrog. The creature appeared near death, its panting body shuddering under her shadow. In the patch of light, a brace of pistol-bolters – one for each student. As far as they could tell, the weapons were loaded.

“If you truly mean what you said…then you must kill something to show it. You have ample opportunity here with three of you. One of you will make it out alive. Choose carefully.”
Disclaimer: The last lines are meant only for RP flavor. I NEVER kill mission participants or examinees during missions. Also, you both are going to pass. Just give it your best shot, write something to be proud of, and have fun.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"If people choose to fear me, so be it. If they choose to worship me, so be it. That is their choice, not mine, and it is not my place to judge." Shashu said in a calm, almost subdued voice. "If they see me as a toy and mascot, so be it. I don't think it is wrong for there to be a little levity in life, regardless of the temporary annoyance it may bring. There is too much darkness in the world to allow such things to stand in the way of happiness. It is not their views that define me, but mine own."

The more she spoke, the more Shashu's voice seemed to take on an older style of speech, echoing the older tomes she had often spent days reading in the great library. Her voice remained steady, however, and her features seemed set in an expression of contemplation and determination. With slow, deliberate steps she walked towards the two bolters laying in the spotlight.

"As for taking orders...it is human nature to fight and to kill. We mark the ages through conflict and resolution. Our entire history is bathed in blood. It is who we are." She reached down to pick up one of the bolters, holding it her open hand. "That being said, not every fight has to be fought in vain, for evil intentions. We are not mindless puppets to be thrown hither and to by a careless hand. I am human, but I will stand for what I feel is right."

A swift movement of her arm tossed the bolter to the earth, where she crushed it under foot. "No matter where life takes me, I intend to remain true to myself. There are some orders that should not be obeyed. Some orders that, once given, forfeit the honor and respect of he who uttered them. As for my mirror image..." Shashu considered for amoment before continuing. "Everyone has a story. There are those in this world who deserve no restraint, no quarter. Those I shall fight with no reservations, for they are undeserving of the world we live in. All the rest, however, have lives worth just as much as mine own. When it is called for, I will kill, and when it is not, I shall not. Ultimately that decision lies with me, and no other. I will not take a life simply because another claims it is necessary."

A deep breath escaped Shashu's lips as she finished, and she turned to face Rippuru. "Such are my views. Know, however, that I shall not judge you on your answer. Every person to walk this earth has their own path to walk, and as I have said it is not my place to judge. Your life is your own."

With that Shashu would stand to the side and out of the spotlight, melting into the shadows. Out of sight, out of mind, or so they say. She would wait for Rippuru to make his move.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rippuru made his decision. Suddenly, Shashu was alone in darkness, save for Mimi who inexplicably loomed over her with a bemused expression on her face that defied her young body.

"So, you took the path of impermanence?" asked the girl. "To accept the sheer indifference of the universe and yet continue to struggle on your own despite knowing that there is no cosmic grand scheme to influence? There are few who take this route. Few who can accept that their actions are meaningless and yet take meaning at the same time," she sighed. "I have plied the waves of the tathagata for millennia. I have traveled through jeweled palaces of the Pure Land and the frozen glaciers of Naraka. I have meditated alongside both Amida Buddha and Enma, and even I cannot figure out why we exist and why we are here. I, Kuanyin, look forward to seeing you in this life and your future ones, Tsuirakuya Shashu," she said, finally, kissing Shashu on the forehead gently before vanishing.

The spider-girl found herself blinking and struggling to adjust to the bright lights of the festival bustling around her. Nearby, Rippuru stood in shock, similarly dumbfounded. Crumpled on the street and happily barfing away, was Katsu. In Shashu's hands, a manilla envelope that had not been there before. Not knowing what else to do, she opened it.
To: Tsuirakuya Shashu, AS
Classified Communication:​

Genin Tsuirakuya, congratulations on passing the selection trials for the Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai. You are now eligible to enter training under the direction of the School of Special Circumstances. You may signal your intent to join by arriving at muster at 0600 tomorrow at the Aurora Eruditio training grounds. Make sure to bring a duffel with changes of clothing and basic toiletries.

Once you have accepted your commission, you will be assigned to Training Squad One, under the personal command of Grand Commander Kogami Ayumu. You will receive stipend and lodging in the Sileo Tempestas commensurate to your rank of AiT (equivalent to Kumogakure genin/Imperial Army Corporal). Further orders and processing will be given on an as-needed basis.

As commander of the Special Operations Division, I look forward to meeting you.
-Morishima H. Taichou

There was a brief, hand-written addendum below the taichou's signature line, augmented with hearts...
Also, do you like cute dresses, Shashu-chi? I have some for you to try on once you have a moment! Ja-ne!

[Shashu promoted to AiT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back