Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private [Exam] A beacon for hopefuls or a torching of the future.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Hurgh!" Was the only thing Kegawa managed to utter as Keiyaku freezed him in place, his body turned to a lump of unmoving flesh, his eyes seemed scared suddenly, his mind still running rampant until it turned into a dull mind numbing sensation like he turned fully and entirely into a flesh dummy.

"Sir!" Vulpus straightened as he saw Keiyaku coming up with the body of Kegawa, looking almost shocked, he assisted Keiyaku in putting him down, and placed him behind the building away from prying eyes. He settled him, took a proper look over and figured out what Jutsu was used and utilized his own chakra to maintain him. "I guess we'll be interrogating you back at HQ it seems, we'll make sure there's a lovely padded cell ready with your name on it.." He said quietly. While Keiyaku was addressing the Inuzuka standing there, Vulpus removed the weapon from his hands and put it aside.

The others sitting around looked up as Keiyaku approached them without Kegawa, noticing Vulpus carrying him away. "Wha- ?" "Hm? What's going on?" "Ah, so it was him? I never would have guessed.." "What? For real?! No! It was my fault!" Ran turned to Misoshi as he said it. "Wait, what are you talking about?!" He stood up and walked with rushed steps and was about to grab Misoshi by the collar when Unaru stepped up between them "No, stop! It's clearly Kegawa, otherwise he wouldn't have been apprehended!" holding up a hand between Misoshi and Ran. Ran stared at Misoshi, his eyes beginning to water and his lips quiver "B-b-b-But what about M-m-Motoro?!" His face turned to face Keiyaku as he began talking. Letting him speak, everyone listened, Ran most intensely.

"I will HAVE HIS HEAD!" He began running, but after taking his first step into the run, Unaru stepped up again, Unko right behind him. "Stop, please, consider what you're doing. Leave it to the Inquisition, the ANBU know what they're doing!" He had to physically hold onto Ran and ended up holding around his chest in a hug. After a bit of pushing, Ran seemed subdued and sighed deeply ending up sobbing again, but this time onto the shoulders of Unaru. "I-I-I I just can't... Not without M-m-mo-Motoro, please!" Unaru held him tightly and caressed his back.

Meanwhile Kiiromaru's eyes met with Keiyaku's for a brief moment where he nodded softly in approval.

They disbanded slowly, and made their way together into the forest, some slower than others, Kiiromaru stayed, as he didn't exactly see where else he should go. But he waited at least until Keiyaku was free so they could discuss their future.

Keiji made his entrance by the back of the building, and looked down to the frozen still body of Kegawa. Vulpus gave him a quick report of what's happened so far. And as Keiyaku came back to them. "A cult hm?" He took a quick step and grabbed Keiyaku by his shoulders before he'd fall over head first on the ground. "Hey, sit, lie down. Relax. You did good." helping Keiyaku to sit down. "I'm proud of you." His avian mask looking across, and scanning to see the other Inuzuka make their way out of the clearing. "These cultists must have somehow gotten a hold on him at some point as he was growing up. Did you find out what their goals are? Or will that come with our later interrogations do you think?" His question wasn't really that important, regardless of the answer they'd still find out more, unless Kegawa would manage to find some way to escape, die or get killed beforehand.

"He'll definitely see death soon. But not right now.." Vulpus' fists balled up, and his energies intensified as he focused on maintaining the bind.

"I say we make our way back to our base of operations for now, and assess. Jackal. Do you think you can lead this investigation?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Keiyaku had thought he had been braced to hear it, but the sudden uproar threatened to send a fresh arrow right through his heart all over again. The outrage at learning a child had done this, the bloodthirsty need for retribution, the howls of misery as Ran lamented Motoro, and everything he held dear. Moru was struggling to tear his eyes from the ground, also unable to face looking at any of the others. Keiyaku simply gazed upon Kegawa on the ground, his eyes filling with tears as the reality of it hit him, and as Ran's sobs crashed over him, almost sending him into a wail of inconsolable misery of his very own. Even Kiiromaru's simple nod of approval was bittersweet and hardly even worth it. He wasn't quite sure how long he stood there; it was quite hard to be sure of things like time at the moment. All he knew was that Vulpus was relaying the story of everything that had happened to Corvus-sensei, until finally, he felt arms around his shoulders, keeping him steady and guiding him to a sitting position as he felt himself becoming dizzy.

I'm proud of you.

Did those words make an impression on him? Sure, he supposed... Maybe his teacher's approval would feel good with time, but for now, he just felt numb and empty, like a great chunk of his soul had been ripped from his body. He thought, privately, that becoming a Jinchuuriki had been far easier than facing this in the company of his family.

"Yes, sir," Keiyaku said, though his voice sounded echoey in his head, like he was hearing himself speak from the far end of a long tunnel, "I will lead the investigation personally. We'll take him back to HQ, keep him under remand in custody, and I'll question him. When there's no more information for him to give, we'll deal with him as our clan usually does traitors..."

The poor Inuzuka sounded like he'd aged 50 years in a day, his voice almost hoarse, but with a decisive edge to it, like he was challenging anyone to disagree with the decision he'd just made. Moru came to stand beside his big brother, leaning against his leg, his eyes closed solemnly. Keiyaku looked up, watching Unaru hold Ran in a tight hug, calming him down, his loving embrace calming the sudden vengeful impulse he'd displayed.

"Corvus-sensei..."

He looked up at the avian-masked man, his voice heavy with trepidation, wondering whether his next question was even appropriate.

"Could you... stay with us for a bit...? While we... you know... bury everyone and while we...." his voice trailed off as it broke, like any further words would open the floodgates. He glanced down at the paralysed child, thinking that he wanted Kegawa to be here while they mourned and grieved so that he could hear firsthand, the consequences his actions had so bitterly wrought. He didn't know why, perhaps because he had come to see his sensei as something like a father, but he wanted him to, at least somewhat, be there for him. Once he said it, he felt humiliated for having asked.

"Af-Afterwards... we'll arrest Kegawa. I want him.... to know what he did..."

He knew what had to happen now. He had to join his family, witness their tears, allow them to cry on his shoulder, and hold them reassuringly. He knew he needed to speak about the fallen, about who they were, about how nothing like this would ever be allowed to happen again. He hoped, just for a little longer, the floodgates on his emotions wouldn't fail him.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
His head turned as Keiyaku addressed him tiredly. He sensed the trepidation in his voice. Reminding him of himself as he laid home at the Shinrya mansion trying to get words out for his friends that had come to check up on him. He had laid there for several nights before finding his strength again.

He knelt down besides Keiyaku, giving him his full attention.

He didn't seem to give it much thought. This boy still had a bit of growing to do. "Of course. I'll have someone else take charge for a bit." Then standing up, taking off his gloves on one hand, revealing the light brown shade of his skintone, then took a knife from one of his pockets, and cut a small point in the tip of his finger. Letting the drop fall to the ground, a vapour cloud erupted and in its place appeared the same small statured girl in a subservant kneel. She arose and they both seemed to just stare at each other quietly. She nodded suddenly, and then ran off in between the trees, while mid air just before being out of sight, she did a hand seal, and with a puff of smoke she took the form of Corvus sensei, looking like an exact copy and then began running further towards the village.

He turned his face back down to Keiyaku. "Let's go find us some shovels, shall we?" stretching a hand out to help lift up Keiyaku. The other ANBU present seemed to scatter a bit, and then come back with tools, shovels, body trays for transportation. Vulpus meanwhile had taken up station guarding their prisoner, leaving him frozen still and maintaining it.

They all dug the graves solemnly, quietly, the Inuzuka that had been there before returned, with more of their brothers and sisters in tow, some looked angry, some looked sad, sobbing even. But the vast majority, the ones looking a little older looked on stoically, holding themselves together like the trained soldiers they were. While the graves were being dug, and the ANBU that had been there all day walked around and helped, they all stopped by Keiji, to talk for brief moments, by the end of the work he'd have talked with all of them.

Some of the oldest clansmen came up, and pulled the sheets covering their heads and caressed the dead, touching their forehead with a hand in understanding, their burned skin flaked at their touch, but they remained strong at heart as they saw the state their loved ones were in. Tears had flowed down their cheeks before, and as they walked back to their flock the streams returned. They all stood quietly as some of the adult men came over and helped carry the bodies into the graves.

Keiji, still with his mask and robes stood besides Keiyaku as it all happened, helped where it made sense. But mostly Keiyaku had Keiji behind one shoulder, and Kiiromaru who had stayed there all this time stood by his other shoulder. With Moru by his feet.

After Keiyaku had given his words at the crowd, Keiji took him by the shoulder and pulled him in for a hug. The crowd might react weird seeing their new potential clan head receive a hug by the ANBU Sennin, but they might not realise the rank and respect Keiyaku held by being his apprentice. Especially in the eyes of Keiji himself. He took a knee in front of Keiyaku and looked at him eye to eye. He couldn't help but feel if his next words were rushing things a bit much, but he couldn't help but see himself in him, maybe it was his tenacity, his frailty and his staggering potential for growth. "Listen. These clansmen here respect you greatly, and I'm sure there's plenty out there that admire you as well for handling this as best you did. But there are those of the ANBU branch, especially those that share your Inuzuka blood that wants to see this through as well with you, they're willing to help you and be there for you in taking down those that caused this. Are you willing to take up the mantle in both ANBU and your clan?"

[Exam concluded, Promotion to ANBU Captain given]
[Will you accept?]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nothing bolstered Keiyaku's spirits quite like his teacher getting down to eye level and assuring him he would stand with him as he said goodbye to his family. He felt a lump welling up in his throat again, so he was quite relieved to see Corvus turn away, perform a summoning jutsu, and summon his companion who quickly became a clone of himself. He imagined she was being tasked with reporting back.

"Shovels... yeah..." He murmured, taking his teacher's hand who helped him up, and went to join the throng of his fellow clansmen who were already getting to work, digging out what remains they could find from the house of their loved one. The work was hard, but to Keiyaku, every stab of his shovel into the Earth felt like a gift... for his father, for Kotoro, for Aomaru, for all of them whose lives had been cut short so needlessly, so pointlessly. There wasn't much to left of his father to say goodbye to, but his bones were set into the Earth, where countless other departed Inuzuka clansmen rested. When his own work was done, Keiyaku and Moru both set about helping the others, digging and carrying. Every time someone was laid in the ground, Keiyaku would clutch in his arms the person he'd been helping, hugging them tightly - Ran, Unaru, Misoshi... Words couldn't express how much he loved each and every one of them.

"Everyone," Keiyaku said shakily once everyone had been laid to rest, the lump in his throat seeming to tighten even more as he addressed the crowd, "we've... l-lost a lot today. Our building, sure... That's a blow to us, I won't like. But we... We are Inuzuka; these are our forests, and we have lived here since humans first arrived in this land. Nothing can hold us down, anymore than someone can hold down nature, anymore than someone can stop the sun from rising. We will rebuild, and we have all the time in the world. Aomaru... Motoro... Toboe... They may be gone, but they will be with us as we go on. As hopeless as things seem now... do me this one favour. Everytime you get up in the morning, everytime you set foot on this soil, everytime you make a decision about whether to stand up and fight, or to back down.... Th-Think of them!"

There was a sudden pull on his shoulder as he finished, and it was all he could do not to burst into tears as Keiji pulled him into a tight hug. Finally, unable to stand it any longer, he buried his face into his sensei's shoulder and quietly sobbed.

Again, it was hard to be aware of things like time at the moment, so he wasn't sure how long he stood there in his sensei's arms before they broke apart. But once they did, Keiyaku seemed to have gotten a grip on himself, managed to dry his eyes, and watched as the ANBU Sennin fixed him with those empty white eyes. At first, he wasn't sure if he heard correctly.

"Sir," said Keiyaku, dumbfounded, his voice steady and sober as he was given the news, "but you already put me in charge of the investi-"

Then, it dawned on him what Keiji was saying, and he felt his back shoot up straight. Moru suddenly stood to attention, as though he'd received an electric shock.

"Take up the mantle for the clan... and the ANBU? Are you... proposing me as Captain?"

It was perhaps this, more than anything, that renewed the boy's resolve. The confidence his teacher was placing in him seemed to cause his eyes to set with a fierce determination. Though, he promised himself, if he was to lead the ANBU alongside Corvus-sensei, he wouldn't do so in revenge; only to safeguard the pieces that remain and to make sure nothing else crumbled away.

"This isn't just about the Inuzuka anymore, sensei, this is about all of Konoha... And as long as I'm in charge, alongside you, I will die to defend her."

[Promotion accepted!]

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Perfect. Your office should be ready once you're done interviewing him." He pointed to where Kegawa lay, his body still, and his eyes scanning around, clearly trying to understand what's about to happen. His eyes met with Keiji and Keiyaku. Seeing them looking at him.

He stood up quietly, giving Keiyaku a pat on the shoulder and looked across the mass of Inuzuka that had participated and gave their respects. It looked like the cleanup of the burnt house might start soon, some of the older generation was pointing and discussing how to start the process. You could see some of them point out the right locations to gather the burnt wooden beams and logs, the Inuzuka weren't exactly known for trashing, so the major points they probably were working out were how to re-use the wood for fires or heating systems.

The day had been progressing, and day had turned to early night. Possibly dinner time he felt his stomach grumble in agreement. "I'll go grab us food, and we can meet at the Interrogation room. Deal?" He nodded to Keiyaku, then turned to Vulpus who had eye contact, and a nod was between them resulting in him grabbing Kegawa and hold him over his shoulder and then make his way to Keiyaku. "On your order sir."

Meanwhile Keiji started walking casually to the border of the clearing, the shade seemed to swallow him whole, his body slowly disappearing, just before the last of his mask vanished he looked behind him and gave another nod of approval.

[Promotion added]
[Thread Exit]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Deal, yeah," Keiyaku said, a little breathless after the day's events as he looked up at his teacher. He wasn't sure if he was going to be able to eat, but he needed to make sure he didn't forget to take care of himself. Moru was stuck to his leg pretty hard, almost like he was hugging it for some kind of comfort from his big brothers.

"After everything that happened here today, I better be getting that corner office," said the Inuzukas, managing the smallest of smirks for a brief moment as his sensei turned to leave. Heaving a sigh, he bent down to take care of Moru, holding him in his arms for a moment, promising him that everything would be okay.

"Come on... let's.... head over to HQ..."

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back