Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Explanation [Private]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Heriashi Kirito walked into the main area with contempt. A giant tower…right in the middle…of the village. Who decided this was a wonderful idea. It might as well say, Please invaders, I bet you everything of importance is right here. While he had to admit that the Onyx was pretty it still was not exactly something that needed to be overstated. He noticed that it defiantly displayed itself prominently against the blue sky…

Yep no way in hell anyone would miss finding this place. Yea looking for that store it’s just to the left of the giant black tower…can’t miss it.

As he made his way forward he looked at the envelope given to him by Itonami Ataeru. Honestly when did this ever become his job? Errand boy was just something he felt like a Special Jounin should not do. Send the academy student or the Genin…why was this necessary at all? He gave a sign…man do I hate doing social things…was all that he could really think.

He walked into the main area and sat down at a chair. He always showed up early to any place just to check and make sure that everything was fine and safe. After about an hour of watching things and telling several people that he was fine and did not need help with anything he eventually walked up to the front desk. Standing there for a second he said, “Hello I am supposed to meet up with Santaru Rin. A previous Sennin told me to give this to her.”

The woman nodded and proceeded to go and inform her of the arrival. Kirito stood there and when he was invited in he would present her with the envelope.

OOC: Private topic with Rin, Only Maseo, Shin, or Souseki should be here otherwise.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A tone sounded in her office, shaking Rin from her studies. My God, the day is so short and I have so much to do. How many interruptions do I need to deal with? She stretched and sighed before conceding that a chance to stretch her legs and rest her eyes was better than damning herself to a life of paperwork-induced myopia. "What is it?"

"Some kid with a message from a Sennin," a voice floated through the door.

Great, so a not entirely dismissable chance of an assassination attempt. Rin belted on a long-unused sword and made her way down the Torre to the front desk, where stood a disgruntled-looking young shinobi holding an envelope.

"I'm told you have a message for me from a Sennin. What's your name?" she asked, looking him over. He wasn't among the list of couriers that she knew, so this could get interesting quickly.

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kirito was informed he should wait and as he did he just seemed a little irked by the whole thing. The seventeen year old was just not a currier he was a shinobi. He should be off cutting down bandits and not doing paper work.

When he saw the Sennin walk into the room he nodded to her and said, “My name is Heriashi Kirito. I only appeared in the village a year ago. Also the paper is not from a current Sennin but a former one. His name was Itonami Ataeru and when he left on his research trip he informed me to give this to you when I made it into town and said that you would handle whatever it was. He said he had good dealings with you and in terms of what was good for the village you guys had similar ideas. So I guess he trusted you.”

He held out the letter to Rin and waited for her to take it.

Once she took the envelope he would wait for her to read it. Inside of it was a letter.
Dear Anbu Sennin,

This is Itonami Ataeru. I know we had had our meetings in the past but I have quit my Senninship to go into the world and study Kinjutsu. As you know I was a dark sage but I decided that my information would help the cloud village understand these Kinjutsu users and better ourselves to help raise them and fight against them. Only recently has Kinjutsu been around and I have noticed their number increasing much faster than I would have anticipated or liked.

As such the boy before you is Heriashi Kirito. He is a boy with three active bloodlines. I warn you and apologize but I did some experimentation and have found a means to actually make a Chimera. Chimera are normally men who can absorb bodies of the dead and switch between their bloodlines. Sadly I had three living bodies and I made a few miss calculations which ended up wiping out all three and mixing together to make Kirito.

He has no idea he was only born a year ago and he has some of the memories from all three of the original hosts. I decided to keep this a secret. He will be taking my place while I am gone. He has been informed to trust you and to do whatever it is you or the leaders of the village say. The boy is trustworthy and incredibly strong. He knows he is a Chimera just not one that is different from the others. He is a Nanjiro, Kaguya, Seikon.

I apologize I could not stay and help with the final improve of the village. I will return with my notes when I have completed them. This is my explanation. I hope to have tea with you again when I return.

Best wishes, Itonami Ataeru.

Kirito tried to watch her face as she read the letter. He was told he was not allowed to read it and as such he did not, sadly though his curiosity was huge. Who was Rin?

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Good to meet you, Heriashi-san," Rin replied gravely. She accepted the letter and, sensing that the youth was unlikely to leave until she'd at least made some pretense of reading it, opened the paper and skimmed it. What she saw did not exactly please her. Chimera... Hm. So that's what the Aesculapium... Ah, well. Destroying three functional, gekkei genkai-bearing shinobi to make only one... Exactly what kind of miscalculation did that sort of clusterfuck involve? Was this something that the... Huh... Well, the new medical Sennin knew about? Was it something that Karubin Ree knew about? Blasphemous sciences were the sort of thing the moving hospital specialized in, she knew. That legendary sage had turned her husband into an asexually reproducing mushroom, after all. As she scanned the page, her brow knitted together even more fiercely than usual.

"I see. Well, Heriashi-san, it seems like Ataeru-sama has recommended you to me. I understand there was an... Incident and that you don't know all that you otherwise would." She refolded Ataeru's letter and tucked it away into her robe. "As you've been told, I am the Sennin of the ANBU. What Ataeru couldn't have told you was that you and I may have some very similar abilities. I cannot take on trainees outside of the ANBU at this time, as they are my first obligation, but I can offer you... A sort of mentorship, a safe harbor, if you will." Her grey gaze focused on this... Abomination. "But everything has a price. If I am publicly your sponsor, you must understand this: any improprieties you might be caught in reflect on me, and through me, my people. I will not have them compromised for nothing. This bears saying only as reassurance: you will behave as befits a Kumogakure shinobi. In return, I take you under my wing and you are for all intents and purposes one of my house, of my retinue. Does that serve your purposes?"

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kirito felt a little weird when she took the letter and started to read it. He watched her casually trying not to make it seem like things were weird. He folded his arms and leaned against the desk. He noticed that as she began to get towards the end her brow furrowed and she seemed very perturbed by something. Eventually she looked up at him and he looked right at her almost worried.

She explained that Ataeru had sent him to her to be watched over. Great he thought to himself. He had a very scary nanny. He could sense something from her. She masked it well but if someone could mask what he was feeling that well…well she was scary. When she mentioned that there was an incident…something he did not know? Why was he not allowed to know? What was being kept from him? He was a seventeen year old Jounin. What could go above his head?

He wanted that letter and his hand almost reach out for it until she folded it and tucked it within her robe. She mentioned that she was the Anbu Sennin which meant that he should focus on her. She was one of the top four. Someone he needed to get cozy with or at least build trust with. She claimed to have similar abilities to himself and offered him a safety, yet she said she had to focus on the Anbu.

She gazed at him…he did not feel warmth…he felt something very different. He stared back at her equally. She offered him something and it sort of shot over his head. Apparently she wanted him to act like a shinobi and not cause trouble. Sure that was fine but she asked if that served his purposes.

He held his hands out and raised his voice. “Purpose!? I do not even know what is going on. How can what you are offering serve something I do not even have?”

He clenched his fist and said, “No whatever you have to offer…I want it all. Tell me what I have to do to become Anbu. I’ll become more than a side project to you. I want the full experience!”

He said it as if it was a challenge. He was not finished with her. This meeting would not leave with him wondering. He had a goal. Ataeru told him not to join Anbu but Ataeru was not his father or master. Kirito would carve his own path and when Ataeru returned he would tell him everything or Kirito would steal that letter back. He would have surprised for him.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rin glared at him sternly."If you reached Jounin rank without learning to control your emotions, I am ashamed of your sensei and examiner. Keep your outbursts under heel, lest you share your weaknesses with even the lowliest student." Still, passion was useful if she could channel his productively. She appraised the boy--young, fit, with the might of three great powers to call upon. If he could master power, rather than be mastered by the desire for it, someone like this could be a great asset to the ANBU. Moreover, he was one of Ataeru's coterie. The younger Sennin was the more reliable sort, and had been the type of man to take many dispossessed and disillusioned Kumo youth under his wing. Putting aside that Heriashi was essentially the result of Ataeru's mistake, the boy couldn't be entirely bad if Ataeru had been sheltering him this long.

On the other side of the coin, though, Ataeru is as soft as Hayata. He might have kept this abomination around simply because he did not have the heart to euthanize him. Ataeru had informed her of Heriashi's origins, thus shifting the burden of responsibility onto Rin's shoulders. That meant that sheltering Heriashi--or shielding the rest of the country from him--was now her duty.

"If you want to become ANBU, you must first become a trainee. Every journey is a set of steps, in the end." She watched him with a steady, calculating gaze. He was an emotional creature... Not unlike other young men she'd known. "What can you offer me in exchange for the opportunity? We don't accept just anyone--even someone with another Sennin's recommendation."

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rin glared at him which caused the hairs on his head to bolt upright. He clenched his cheeks against her venom. He lowered his head in respect but when she mentioned that she was ashamed of the Sensei and Procter who gave him his Jounin Title. Kirito responded lightly with a simple, “You are the first sensei or Procter. I had to train myself.”

The got lost again in thought for a brief moment but he kept his stance firm. He did not look at her due to the fact he did not want to seem challenging but he changed so that way his head was held up. He was proud of where he had gotten himself and since he was given Jounin title randomly it only made sense that maybe just because he had the strength did not necessarily mean he deserved the title.

She mentioned that he would have to start off as a trainee and work his way up from the start. This meant that he would lose a lot of the positional perks that had been given to him. Bottom of the food chain meant he would need to get a side job and maybe scale down from the house he had been given. It would be hard but Kirito needed to get out from under Ataeru. He did not really trust him even though he had saved him in the past.

She asked what he had to offer…to be honest he really did not have much. He looked at her this time with more of a fire in his eyes and smiled. “To be honest…I am not really a leader. All I can say is that I am a solider; I listen and follow orders well. I can offer you a body that will not hesitate. A body that gets a thrill from doing missions. Anything else and you’ll have to test and see what you can pull from me.”

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His initial reaction was to be cowed, but his spine firmed--there was something resilient under there. Self-taught. That makes sense... In a way. How much did Ataeru imprint on him? He must have confused or false memories associated with the use of his kekkei genkai; those teachings are clan secrets. Of course, the result of the experiments would also cause an irregular personnel history... She would have to try to gain access to Ataeru's files, but she wouldn't be too surprised if the man had destroyed them or spirited them all away.

"I see. Well, we will have to discover if you have bad habits that you must unlearn." She mulled over his words for a few moments before speaking again--this time to ask a question in a tone like a cracking whip. "What is ANBU to you?"

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rin had a little thought but quickly responded with the fact she would need to see how bad his habits were and which ones needed to be cleaned out and made sure he was on the right level with everyone else.

She seemed to jump the gun and slam down a question onto him which he almost found like a hammer slamming down onto his swords.

He looked confused at first but then thought about a similar question he had asked and then decided that it was the best he had to run on with.

“To be honest I have to quote someone I spoke to recently about the Anbu. It has affected my view of them, "Well, if you're into the whole fraternity thing, you know, brotherhood, comradely...then it’s not for you. There’s loyalty at least, knowing that at least in combat, someone always has your back. It’s a luxury that less shinobi than you’d think has. I will say this. The greatest misconception is that there is no honor, no glory to what we do. We do whatever it takes to complete the objective. To win. No matter what the cost. If you die and complete your mission, you only did what was expected of you. If you live and fail, don't even bother coming home." that would be what I heard at least.”

He smiled mainly due to how happy he was having that conversation with him. He looked up at her and simply said, “Honestly I think Anbu pick up the slack where everyone else has missed something. They do what is needed.”

OOC: Rin that Avatar took me off guard…I laughed so hard.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I didn't ask you for another's thoughts. I asked after your own." Rin folded her arms, wondering who had shared that little set of insights with the Jounin. Either he was canny or he was the sort when, confronted with a question that pushed him to the limits of his ability, he quoted someone else. Now was a more opportune time to discover more about what sort of creature Heriashi was, and what, if anything, she could do with him at her disposal. She would be fortunate if she could not only ameliorate some of Ataeru's indiscretion but also cause the village to benefit from it.

Holy Mother, he makes us sound like the village's janitor service. She sighed. "Well, I guess 'picking up the slack' is one way of seeing it. Well. Let us go and take care of some paperwork." She gestured for him to precede her out of the Torre.
Congratulations said:
Please request your AiT banner in Cloud Request and link this topic.

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She nipped at him for not saying his own thoughts but he had been told this and had adapted this to himself. She seemed to think something but Kirito knew that in his heart that was now a part of him. If he had not said it was from someone else then she would not have known that. Apparently he needed to claim things and not base them as someone else’s.

She said that it was a viewpoint and as such she claimed that they needed to do some paperwork. Apparently he needed to do that before she would accept him. Well he was at the starting point at least. He would leave AiT quickly and slowly move up to where he belonged.

Kirito walked away with her, to sign the first thing he ever had.

[Topic Left]

OOC: Thanks for the rp and please tell me when we should rp again about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back